拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
初二下英语第二单元求助如图&
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
I'd like to volunteer 【to help that old man】。2
At 12:00 midnight , I called my friend 【to go out for a walk】。3
I'm very busy but I could help 【to do some housework】。4
Summer vacation is coming , and I want 【to pay a visit to the Great Wall】。5
I want to travel alone .My parents told me (not)【to drink cold water】。不清楚的请追问哦!希望对你有帮助!满意请采纳!
为您推荐:
扫描下载二维码【图文】Unit 2 I’ll help to clean up the city park(Section A-2)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
Unit 2 I’ll help to clean up the city park(Section A-2)
&&新版新目标、八年级英语、下册
大小:527.50KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢当前位置: >>
2014人教新目标八年级下册英语unit2课文详讲
Unit 2 I’ll help to clean up the city parks Section A Language goal: offer help 1a Look at the ways you could help people in the picture. Then list other ways. Volunteer today! 今天就做志愿者吧! Help clean up the city parks 帮助打扫城市公园 Visit sick children in the hospital 去医院探望生病的孩子 Help stop hunger 帮助阻止饥饿 I hope to work outside. You could help to clean up the city parks. help v →helpful 1). help sb. with sth. =help sb. do/to do sth 在某事上帮助某人。I help him with his English every day. 2). help oneself to sth.随便吃食物等。Help yourselves to some apples, boys. 3). help sb. out 帮助某人克服困难,渡过难关、解决问题、完成工作。 I can’t work out this math problem. Please help me out. 4). with the help of =with one’s help 在……的帮助下。 With the help of the teachers, I get good grades in all subjects. 5).Can’t help doing 情不自禁做.... clean up (彻底)打扫或清除干净 clean up the table = clean the table up(1)clean up 是“清除、除去(垃圾、污物) ”等,使地方干净。 Please clean up the room after the party. 聚会后把房间打扫干净。 We should clean up the dirty parts of the sea.我们应该清除海里的污染部分。 clean up 还可以表示“挣得,赢得(多少钱) ” 。 He cleaned up a small fortune. 他发了一笔小财。 clean oneself up 意为“洗干净” 。 Your hands are dirty, you’d better clean yourself up. 你的手脏了,你应该洗洗它们。 (2)clean up 是省去 to 的动词不定式,意为D(把……)打扫干净‖、D梳理整齐‖。 We must clean up the playground every morning. 他每天必须把操场打扫得干干净净。 如果在 clean 和 up 间加个连字符号,那么,它就是名词了,表示D扫除‖。 You must give your classroom a good clean-up. 你必须对教室进行彻底地打扫。 hope wish 我们祝你新年快乐! We wish you a happy new year. (wish 可跟双宾语,hope 则不能) 我希望你尽快好起来 I hope you feel better soon. (若宾语从句的主语与主句的主语一致时,就可改为不定式) 他希望不久能见到你 He hopes to see you soon.=He hopes he can see you soon. 史密斯夫妇希望明年买一所大房子 The Smiths hope to buy a new big house next year. =The Smiths hope they can buy a new big house next year. (若宾语从句的主语与主句的主语不一致时,就不能改为不定式) 我希望明天他身体能好些。 I hope he’ll be better tomorrow. 我希望游览桂林 I hope (wish) to visit Guilin. (表示 D想,希望 ‖,宾语可以是不定式,不可以是动名词) (wish sb to do sth 希望某人做某事,表示命令;hope 无此用法) 我希望你去 I wish you to go. (hope for +名词,表示可实现的D希望‖) 我希望成功 I hope for success (wish for +名词,表示难以实现的D愿望‖)我希望得到一辆小汽车 I wish for a car 我希望你很快好起来。 I hope (that) you’ll be better soon. (表示可实现的D希望‖) (表示难以实现的D愿望‖且从句动词用虚拟语气,be 动词用 were) 我但愿自己能年轻 10 岁。 I wish I were ten years younger. 过度吸烟有害健康 Smoking too much is bad for your health. 听和说对你说英语是必不可少的 Listening and speaking is necessary for you to learn English well.Other ways you could help people 1b Listen and number the ways the boy and girl could help others The girl could visit the sick kids in the hospital to cheer them up. The boy could give out food at the food bank. The girl could volunteer in an after-school study program to teach kids. The boy could help to clean up the city parks. Phrasal verb cheer up set up come up with Sentence He looks sad. Let’s cheer him up. We’re going to set up a food bank to help hungry people. We need to come up with some ideas. Meaning of phrasal verb make someone happy establish [is?t?bli? ] , start think upThe girl could visit the sick kids in the hospital to cheer them up. 女孩可以去医院看望生病的孩子们,让他们振作起 来。 【解析 1】sick /ill : (1) sick adj.D生病的‖,既可放 be (系动词)后作表语,也可放 n.前作定语。 be sick of …D讨厌;厌恶……‖ sick person = patientD病人‖ (2) ill adj.D生病的‖,只能放 be (系动词)后作表语, be ill in hospital 生病住院 ill → illness n.D病;疾病‖ ①. You look very tired. You must be sick. (= ill) ②.He had a sick mother. 他有一位生病的母亲 【解析 2】in the hospital 与 in hospital (1) in the hospitalD在医院‖ 指人在医院里,也许是在医院上班,也许是到医院看望病人等; (2) in hospital D在医院;住院‖ 指生病住院。 类似的短语有: in the bedD在床上‖,也许是蹲在床上或站在床上; in bedD在床上‖指躺在床上 Tom is ill and staying in bed. cheer up 使振奋,使高兴的(v. +adv) cheer sb. up =make sb. happy 使某人高兴cheer me up 使我高兴The boy could give out food at the food bank. 男孩可以在食物站分发食物give out=hand out“分发” , “散发”= give out sth to sb. 分….给某人 Our English teacher gave out the examination papers when the bell rang.我们的英语老师在铃响的时候分发试卷。 “用完” , “消耗尽” :After a week their food supplies gave out. 一周之后,他们的食物供应用完了。 “发出” , “送出” :The sun gives out a lot of heat. 太阳能发出热量。 【短语】 :give in 屈服 give back=return 归还 give a speech 发表 give sb. a call 给……打电话 give away 赠送 give away money to kids give sb. a hand =help sb. 帮助某人 give up doing sth =stop doing sth 放弃做某事 give up smoking 放弃吸烟 give sb. sth = give sth to sb. 给某人某物 give me money 给我钱=give money to me 给我线1c Practice the conversation in the picture above. Then make other conversation using the information in 1b 2a A group of students are planning a city parks clean-up day. Listen and check(√) the things they are going to do to tell people about it. 2b listen again. Fill in the blanks. 1.We need to a plan to tell people about the city park clean-up. 2. Clean-up day is only two weeks from now. We can’t making a plan. 3.We could signs. 4. Let’s make some notices, too. Then I’ll them after school. 5. We could each 10 students and ask them to come. 1. come up with 想出 2. put off 推迟 3. put up 张贴 4. hand out 分发 5. call up 给??打电话each 与 every 的用法 each 指一个整体中的每一个,强调个体;every 着重于全体的总和,强调整体。试比较: Each has a different book. (强调各有不同。 ) Here every child at the age of six can go to school. (侧重整体,无一例外。 ) each 可作形容词及代词,而 every 只能作形容词,但可与-one,-body,-thing 等构成复合代词。 each 用在代词或复数名词前要用介词 of 连接,如 each of them, every 不能直接跟 of 连接,如不可以说 every of them,而要说 every one of them 或 each of them。 every 还可以表示“每隔” ,后接基数词加名词,如 every four weeks, every three months 等,此种结构中的 every 不能用 each 代替。 She had a rest every fives minutes. 她每隔 5 分钟就休息一会儿。 ①街道两旁有许多商店。 误:There are many shops on every side of the street. 正:There are many shops on each side of the street. put off 意思是“推迟,拖延” 。 Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today. 今日事今日毕。 They put off the soccer game because of the rain.因为下雨,他们把球赛推迟了。 You should not put off going to see the doctor. 你不应该拖延去看医生。 put off 还可意为“关掉” ,相当于 turn off。 Please put off the lights before you leave the classroom.在你离开教室之前,请关掉灯。 call up 表示D给……打电话‖,后面接指人的单词。 Did the boy call up you just for a chat. 这个男孩给你打电话只是为了聊天吗?。 此外,表示D给……打电话‖的常见说法还有下列几种: ②give …a call:They were giving their teacher a call when I got there. 我到那儿时,他们正在给他们的老师打电话。 ③ring up:Did you ring up your father last week? 上周你给你的父亲打电话了吗? ④give …a ring:Do you know who gave Zhang Hua a ring an hour ago? 你知道一小时前谁给张华打电话了吗? ⑤telephone / phone…up:Telephone up me as soon as you arrive in Shanghai . 你一到上海就给我打电话。 ⑥telephone /phone (to)?:Will you please telephone to the policeman? 请你给警察打个电话好吗? call up、ring up 和 telephone / phone…up 等是由D动词+副词‖构成的词组,如果它们的宾语是代词,这个词要用在副词之前。 Please call him up at once, please! 请马上给他打电话。 Wang Ping isn’t here. I want to phone her up now.王萍没来, 我现在正要给他打电话。2c Make a conversation using the information in 2a and 2b A: We need to come up with a plan for the City Park Clean-Up Day.我们需要为清洁日打扫城市公园想出一个计划 B: Let's have lunch first. 我们先吃午饭吧 A: No, we need to start now. Clean-Up Day is only two weeks from now. 不,我们需要现在开始。清洁日离现在只有两周了。 2d Role-play the conversation Helen: Hi, Tom. I'm making some plans to work in an old people's home this summer. Tom: Really? I did that last summer Helen: Oh, what did they ask you to help out with? Tom: Mmm… things like reading the newspaper to the old people or just talking to them. They told me stories about the past and how things used to be. Helen: That sounds interesting. Tom: Yeah, a lot of old people are lonely. We should listen to them and care for them. Helen: You're right. I mean, we're all going to be old one day, too. They told me stories about the past and how things used to be.他们给我讲过去的生活经历,讲过去是什么样子的。 used to be/do 曾经? She used to live in that city before. used to be /do 过去常做某事,现在不做了 Did you use to sing when you do housework? (1) use v.使用→useful adj. 有用的 use up 用完 Studying English is__________(use). (2) use sth to do sth 用某物做某事 We use Internet __________(find) information. (3) used to do sth 过去常常做某事,表示过去做过的事现在已经不做, (4) be /get used to doing sth 习惯于做某事 My grandpa is used ___________(live) in country. (5) be used to do sth 被用来做某事=be used for doing sth He used to wear glasses . But now he is used to wearing contact lenses. [?k?nt? kt lenz] 他以前常戴(框架)眼镜,但现在习惯戴隐形眼镜。 That sounds interesting. 那听起来挺有趣。 【解析】sound (1)n 声音 We heard a strange sound. 【辨析】sound/ noise/ voice ⑴sound(n.)指自然界中所有的声音,可指悦耳的声音也可指噪音。 ⑵noise 一般指很响的,刺耳的声音,即喧闹,嘈杂声等。 ③voice 指人通过发音器官发出的声音(包括说话,唱歌等) 。 Mary has a beautiful voice. 玛丽的声音很美。 Don't make such a noise. 别这样大声喧哗。 Yeah, a lot of old people are lonely. 是的,很多老年人都很孤独。 【解析】alone / lonely 辨析: (1)alone = by oneself adj. 单独的,指无人陪伴的客观事实,不带感情色彩。作表语或宾语的补足语。 I want to be alone for a few minutes. Don’t leave the boy alone. (2)作副词。 “独自地,单独地” He often walks alone home . (3)lonely ①指人孤独的,寂寞的,强调主观感受;②也可指某个地方是荒凉的。作定语或表语 The lonely man lived alone. We should listen to them and care for them . 我们应该倾听他们说话并且关心他们。 【解析】care for 照看;照顾; 照料=look after=take care of 【拓展】care 的短语总结 take care =be careful v.当心,小心 take care of =look after v.照顾,照料,照看 take care of 处理,做完 care for v.照顾,照看 3a Read the article. What do Mario and Mary volunteer to do? Students who volunteer Mario Green and Mary Brown from Riverside High School give up several hours each week to help others. Mario loves animals and wants to be an animal doctor. He volunteers at an animal hospital every Saturday morning. Mario believes it can help him to get his future dream job. DIt's hard work‖, he says, Dbut I want to learn more about how to care for animals. I get such a strong feeling of satisfaction when I see the animals get better and the look of joy on their owners’ faces‖ Mario Green and Mary Brown from Riverside High School give up several hours each week to help others. 来自河畔高中的马里奥?格林和玛丽每周都会放弃几个小时去帮助别人。 give up 放弃 give up doing sth=stop doing sth 放弃做某事 several 可作定语,表示D几个‖: = a few Several boys were injured. 有几个小伙子伤了。 My friend speaks several languages. 我的朋友能讲几种语言 He volunteers at an animal hospital every Saturday morning. 他每周六早上在动物医院做志愿者。 volunteer v 志愿 n 志愿者 volunteer to do sth 志愿做某事 ①Jack volunteered _________(carry) the water. ②They often ___________________(自愿去教) the children ... But I want to learn more about how to care for animals... 但是我想学习更多的关于如何照顾动物的知识 D疑问词+不定式‖作及物动词的宾语, I don’t know what to do.=I don’t’ know how to do it .=I don’t know what to do with it. 【拓展】 D特殊疑问词 + 不定式‖ 与 Dwh C 从句的转换。 转换时只需在疑问词后加主语(与主句主语一致) ,并将不定式改成Dshould +v 原形D做谓语。 I don’t know how to solve the problem.= I don’t know how I should solve the problem. ①I don’t know what _________(bring) to the party. ②He wanted to know when_________(go). I get such a strong feeling of satisfaction when I see the animals get better and the look of joy on their owners’ faces. 当我看到动物们(病情)渐好,看到主人脸上的喜悦表情时,我产生出那么一种极强的满足感来. How did you get such an idea? 产生 He got angry with me after that. 变得 词条 such 词性 形容词 用法 修饰名词 常用结构 such a/an +形容词+可数名词单数 no/any/ some/ all/ many 等+such+名词 such+ 除 many/few 之外的形容词+可数名词复数 such +除 much/little 之外的形容词+ 不可数名词 so+ 形容词+a/an + 可数名词复数 so+ many/few +可数名词复数 so+ much/little+不可数名词so程度副词修饰形容词或副词【解析 1】(1)so …that 如此…..以致…… DSo +adj.+ that‖ D如此……以至……‖ 引导结果状语从句 so 后面接形容词、副词 He was so strong that he could lift the heavy bag. 【记】名前 such,形副 so,多多少少(many, much, few, little)都用 so。 Mary is a book lover. She could read by herself at the age of four. Last year, she decided to try out for a volunteer after-school reading program, She still works there once a week to help kids learn to read DThe kids are sitting in the library, but you can see in their eyes that they’re going on a different journey with each new book. Volunteering here is a dream come true for me. I can do what I love to do and help others at the same time.‖ She could read by herself at the age of four. 她在四岁的时候就能够独自阅读。 I could cook by myself 独自地 (when I was ten) at the age of ten 在??岁在时候. at the age of 在......岁的时候= when sb. was ... years old. by oneself=alone Last year, she decided to try out for a volunteer after-school reading program. 去年,她决定尝试在一个课后阅读项目中做一名志愿者。 try out 尝试;实验 try v 试图,设法,努力 【拓展】 (1)try on 试穿 (2) try to do sth 努力做某事 【侧重尽力做】 (3) try doing sth 试图做某事 【侧重尝试做】 (4)try one’s best to do sth= do one’s best to do sth 尽某人最大努力做某事try to do sth. 意思是D尽力去做谋事‖,但不强调所做的事是否成功。 Try to finish your work on time, please! 请尽量准时完成你的工作! 类似表示D尽力做某事‖的词组还有下列两种: try doing sth. 表示D试着去做某事‖。 Yesterday the old man tried opening the door. 昨天这位老人试着把门打开了。 manage to do sth. 表示D设法完成某种困难的事‖,着重指经过一番努力才能达到的目的。 The woman managed to find her lost son last week. 这位妇女终于找到了上周走失的儿子。She still works there once a week to help kids learn to read.她仍然每周在那里工作一次,帮助孩子们学习阅读。 once a week 一周一次 once = one time 一次 twice= two times 两次 三次或三次以上用:D基数词+times‖ three times 三次 four times 四次 three or four times 三到四次 ...,but you can see in their eyes they’re going on a different journey with each new book,...... 但是你能从他们的眼睛里看到他们正随着每本新书在进行不同的旅行。 go on a journey = go on a trip 去旅行 Volunteering here is a dream come true for me.在这里当志愿者对我来说是梦想成真。 I got the latest CD player as a birthday present yesterday. It was just a dream come true! 昨天我收到了最新的 CD 播放器作为一份生日礼物,真是梦想成真了。 come true 实现 词条 是否接宾语 用法 achieve 是 主语一般为D人‖ come true 否 主语一般是D梦想;理想‖ 与 come 相关的短语: 【短语】come and go 来来回回 come from 来自 come back 回来 come out 出来 come on 加油,快点 come in 进来 come back 回来 come over 顺便来访 come true 实现 come up with 想出 I can do what I love to do and help others at the same time.我不但可以做我自己喜欢的事,同时还可以帮助其他人。 at the same time 同时, Mario volunteers at an animal hospital every Saturday morning. Mary works in an after-school reading program once a week to help kids learn to read 3b Read the article and answer the questions. 1. Why do Mario and Mary volunteer to help others? 2. What do they say about volunteering? 1. Because they want to do what they love to do. 2. Mario thinks volunteering is hard work, but he can get a strong feeling of satisfaction from it. And Mary says she can do what she loves to do while helping others. 3c Use infinitives to complete the sentences below. 1. Mario would like an animal doctor. 2. He works for an animal hospital because he wants about how for animals. 3. Mary decided for a job at an after-school reading program last year. She still works there now read. 4. Mary has a dream job because she can do what she loves . 1. to be 2. to learn, to care 3. to try, to help 4. to do Grammar focus 1. I'd like to help homeless people. 2. She decided to try out for a volunteer after-school reading program. 3.You could ask hospitals to let you visit the kids and cheer them up. 4. Mario believes it can help him to get his future dream job. 5. She volunteers there once a week to help kids learn to read. 6. I'm making some signs to put up around the school. 4a Fill in the blanks with the phrasal verbs in the box. put up hand out call up cheer up come up with give out put off 1. I want to my plan to work in an animal hospital until next summer. I'm too busy with my studies this year. 2. She hopes to at least five primary schools to ask if they need volunteers for their after-school programs. 3. Our class is trying to some ideas to sick children because they are often sad. 4. We decided to signs around the school and notices to tell students about the book sale. We will the money from the sale to homeless people. 1. put off 推迟 2. call up 给??打电话 3. come up with 想出, cheer up 使??高兴起来 4. put up 张贴, hand out 分发, give out 捐赠 come up with =think up 想出 catch up with 赶上 追上kids learn to 【短语】 :think about 考虑 think of 想起 think over 仔细考虑 【谚语】 Think before you act 三思而后行 【拓展】v+up with 构成的短语: catch up with 赶上;追上 keep up with 跟上;跟、 、 、 、 、保持联系 put u with 容忍; 忍得住 end up with 结束;以.......而结束 4b Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verbs in the box help move do make visit spend Most people today are only worried about getting good jobs 1 lots of money. In their free time, they think about what 2 for fun. However, few people think about what they can do 3 others. There are many people who are less lucky than us. Volunteering our time to help these people is a good way 4 our free time. For example, we can make plans 5 sick children in the hospital or raise money for homeless people. Some people even stop doing their jobs for a few months to a year 6 to another place, like one of the countries in Africa, and help people there. 1.to make 2. to do 3. to help 4. to spend 5. to visit 6. to move However, few people think about what they can do to help others.然而, 很少有人会考虑他们能做些什么来帮助他人。 【解析 1】however 然而 【辨析 】however 和 but 二者都意为D可是,但是‖; ⑴ but 是并列名词,连接两个并列分句,上下二句在总的意义上构成了对比。 I really don't like cheese, but I will try just a little this time.我实在是不喜欢吃奶酪,但是这次我要尝一点。 ⑵ however 不能直接连接两个分句,必须另起新句,并用逗号隔开。 It was raining hard. However, we went out to look for the boy. 雨下得很大,不过我们还是出去寻找那个孩子 词条 含义 修饰的名词的数 例句 few They know few of us 几乎没有(表否定含义) 可数名词复数 a few He made a few mistakes 一些(表肯定含义) little I spend very little on food 几乎没有(表否定含义) 不可数名词 a little I know a little about the story 一些(表肯定含义) 【注】 a few/ few (1)a few, few 用来修饰可数名词。 (2)a few D有一些‖,表示肯定概念,few 几乎没有,表示否定意义。 The man has been here for many years, so he has a few friends.这个人在这里住了很多年了,他有一些朋友。 I am a new comer here, so I have few friends here.我刚来到这里,所以我在这里没有几个朋友。 a little/ little (1) a little, little 用于修饰不可数名词。 (2) a little D有一些‖,表示肯定概念。 little D几乎没有‖,表示否定概念。 There is a little water in the glass.杯子里有一些水。 There is little water in the glass, so you can’t drink any.杯子里几乎没有水了,你不可能喝到水了。There are many people who are less lucky than us .有很多没有我们幸运的人。 【解析】less 较少的; 较次的 【注】less 可用在部分双音节和多音节形容词和副词前,构成形容词和副词的比较级。 For example , we can make plans to visit sick children in the hospital or raise money for homeless people. 例如, 我们可以制定一些计划去看望医院生病的孩子们或者无家可归的人们筹钱。 for example ⑴for exampleD例如‖,一般只以同类事物或人中的D一个‖为例,作插入语,用逗号隔开,可置于句首、句中或句 末。 For example,he is a good student. 例如,他就是个好学生。 ⑵ such asD例如‖,用来列举同类人或事物中的几个例子。 可以和 and so on 连用。 Boys such as John and James are very friendly.像约翰和詹姆斯这样的男孩都很友好。 raise ( raised) v 募集;征集 raise money for... D为......筹款‖ home n 家→homeless adj. 无家可归的 be home to … = be the home of sb. 成为…家园 a homeless boy 一个无家可归的男孩 【拓展】由 home 构成的合成词: homeland n 祖国 hometown n 家乡 homework 家庭作业 homeless adj. 无家可归的 home-made adj. 自制的 【同类记忆】 careless 粗心的 hopeless 没有希望的 helpless 无助的 useless 没有用的 be home to sb. = be the home of sb. 是某人的家 【短语集锦】on one’s way home 在某人回家的路上 stay at home 呆在家里 go home 回家 at home 在家 get home 到家 Some people even stop doing their jobs for a few months to a year to move to another country, like Africa,and help people there. 有些人甚至会停下自己的工作几个月到一年去其他的国家,像非洲,并且帮助那里的人们。 stop doing (1)stop doing sth 停止做某事 Please stop speaking.请停止讲话 (2)stop to do sth 停下来去做另外一件事 Please stop to talk.请停下来讲话 (3)stop sb. from doing sth =keep sb from doing sth=prevent sb from doing sth 阻止某人做某事 (4)can’t stop doing sth 忍不住做…… 4c Complete the sentences with your own ideas. Use infinitives 1.I’d like to volunteer . 2. At 12:00 a.m., I called my friend 3. I'm very busy but I could help 4. Summer vacation is coming, I want 5. I want to travel alone, My parents told me (not) Section B Match the sentences with similar meanings. 1. I’ve run out of it. 2. I take after my mother. 3. I fixed it up. 4. I gave it away. a. I repaired it. b. I don’t have any more of it. c. I’m similar to her. d. I didn’t keep it. 1-4 b c a d run out of = use up D用完‖、D卖光‖。句子的主语是人或使用的物。注意不能用于被动语态。 I am running out of my money.= My money is running out of. We are running out of the gas. = Our car is running out of the gas.He has run out of ink.他用完了墨水。 I’m afraid we’re run out of petrol.我们的汽油怕是已用完了。 run out 也是“用完”的意思,其主语通常是被使用的事物,如时间、金钱、食物等,但不用于被动语态,同时其后也不能跟宾语。 His money soon ran out. 他的钱很快就花完了。 Have you nearly finished? Time is running out. 你快做完了吗?时间快到了。 The petrol is running out. 汽油快用完了= We are running out of petrol. 我们快把汽油用完了。 Our time is running out. 我们剩下的时间不多了。= We are running out of timeI take after my mother. 我长的像我妈妈。 【解析】(1)take after =be similar to 在(外貌、性格等方面)与(父母)相像 (2)look like 只指在外貌上与…..相像 (v. +adv) 【短语】take back 收回,接回 take down 写下 take off 脱下;起飞 take up 占去(时间或空间)take care 小心 take care of 照顾 take place 发生 take out 拿出 take away 拿走 【短语】 :look after 照顾 look up 向上看,查找 look for 寻找 look out 小心 I fixed it up. 我把它修理好了。 【解析】fix =mend=repair v 修理,修补 fix up=repair 修理(v. +adv) 【解析】 repair v D修理;修复‖ 1) repair 的对象范围很广,从房屋、道路、机器到日常生活必需品,是使受到一定损失或失灵的东西恢复其形状 或功能。 Who has repaired the broken leg of the table? 谁把桌子的断腿修好了? 2) mend 的意思是恢复某物原来的样子(包括用针、线来缝补),一般指较小之物。 This shirt is too old to mend. 这件衣服太旧不能补了。 3) fix 用于需要重新D调‖物体的结构,把松散的部件固定结实,将分离的物体各部分装配起来。用于美国口语中, 与 repair 无多大区别。 Can you fix the broken chair? 你能修理那把坏了的椅子吗?give sth away 意思是“捐赠,赠送” 。 The rich man gave away most of his money to charity. 那个富人把他的大部分钱都捐给了慈善事业。 give away 还可以表示“分发或赠与某物,由于大意而未利用或抓住(时机,机会等) ” 。 The headmaster gave away the prizes at the school sports day. 校长在学校运动会上颁发了奖品。 give away 还可以表示“有意或无意地泄露某事情或出卖某人” 。 The woman gave away state secrets to the enemy.那个妇女把国家机密泄露给了敌人。与 give 相关的短语: give off 放出,释放 give back 归还,送回 give out 分发 give in 屈服 give up 停止,放弃 give sb. a hand 助某人一臂之力 give sb. a call 给……打电话 give a talk 作报告 give lessons to 给……上课 give a lecture (a piano concert)作讲座(举行钢琴音乐会) give sb. a chance 给……一次机会 give sb. lessons 给某人上课 give a message to……给……一个口信 give a concert 举办音乐会 give sb. sth. or give sth. to sb.给某人某物 return sth. to sb.= give sth. back to sb.把某物归还给某人 call up = give sb. a ring.; phone sb. call up 意为D打电话,打电话给……‖。如: He called up his friends and told the story.他给朋友打电话,并告之整个事情。 有关D打电话‖的说法: (1)make a telephone call 打电话 He’s making a telephone call.他正在打电话。 (2)give sb. a call 给某人打电话 When you get there,please give me a call.你到那时,请给我打个电话。 (3)ring sb.给某人打电话 I rang you ,but you were out.我给你打电话,但你出去了。 hand out(散发); hand in(上缴) ;hand around/round(传递) hand on (依次传递) work out (结果、结果是) The idea works out well.那个注意的实施结果很好。 另外还有D解答出、计算出‖的意思。 Can you work out the answer to this question? See if you can work out this bill. I’m similar to her . 我和她很像。 similar adj. 相似的 be similar to sb. 和某人很相似1b Match the phrasal verbs with the nouns. Then make sentences with the phrases. run out of take after fix up give away ideas my bike money my father old clothes run out of money take after my father fix my bike give away my bike/ old clothes I gave away my bike to a children’s home. I have run out of money I fixed my bike yesterday I take after my father I gave away my bike/ old clothes 1c Listen and number the pictures1-4 in the correct order a 4 b 2 c1 d3 1d Listen again. Circle T for true or F for false. 1. Jimmy fixed up broken bicycle parts, like wheels. 2. Jimmy sells bikes. 3. Jimmy takes after his mother. 4. Jimmy has run out of money. 1-4 TFFT 1e Role-play a conversation between Jimmy and the reporter. Use the information in 1c and 1d A: What do you do, Jimmy? B: I fix up… 2a How do you usually thank someone who helps you? Discuss this with a partner. 2b Skim the letter and answer the questions. 1. Who wrote the letter to Miss Li? Why? 2. What did Miss Li do? Understanding parts of speech Knowing what part of speech a word is (noun, verb, preposition, etc.)can help you understand the word’s meaning I’ll send you a photo of lucky Dear Miss Li, I'd like to thank you for giving money to DAnimal Helpers‖, I’m sure you know that this group was set up to help disabled people like me. You helped to make it possible for me to have Lucky. Lucky makes a big difference to my life. Let me tell you my story. I’ll send you a photo of Lucky. (1) a photo of sb. sb.为宾格,D某人的一张照片‖, 强调照片上的人就是他/她本人。 (2) a photo of sb’s. sb’s.为名词性物主代词或名词所有格,D某人的一张照片‖,强调照片上是 sb.所拥有的。 I’m sure you know that this group was set up to help disabled people like me. 我肯定你知道这个组织的成立是为了帮助像我这样的残疾人。 be sure (that) ... I’m sure that I am right. ⑴be sure+of/about doing sth,D确信……‖;D对……有把握 I'm sure about his honesty.我肯定他是诚实的。 He’s sure of passing the exams.=He’s sure that he will pass the exams. ⑵be sure to do sth ,表示说话人对句子主语作出的判断,认为句子主语D必定‖、D必然会‖、D准会‖如何如何。 It is sure to rain.天一定会下雨。 He’s sure to pass the exams.=I’m sure that he will pass the exams. ⑶be sure+宾语从句,表示主句主语对宾语从句中涉及的事物所作出的判断,意为D确信某事一定会……‖。 We are sure he will make great progress this term. 我们确信他这学期一定会取得巨大进步 【拓展】make sure 表示D弄确实;核实;查证‖。 make sure 常用于祈使句,后面常接 that 宾语从句或 of 介词短语。 Make sure + that 从句意为D弄明白;确信‖。 Make sure + of + 代词/名词,意思也是D弄明白;确信‖。 ― Make sure of his coming before you set off. ― 出发之前要确定他是否来。 ― I make sure (that) he would come.― 我确信他会来。set up 建立;设立 set up =establish =build 建立(v. +adv) set off 出发 set about doing sth 着手去做某事 disabled adj. 肢体有残疾的 (既可以做表语, 也可以做定语) 。 disabled people 残疾人 make it possible for sb. to do sth.D使得某人有可能……‖ Your help makes it possible for him to succeed. make+宾语+名词, D使……‖。We made him monitor. make+宾语+形容词, D使……‖His words made me happy. make+宾语+动词原形,D让……做……‖He made me work ten hours a day. Lucky makes a big difference to my life. D幸运‖对我的生活产生了很大的影响。 makes a big difference 影响;有作用 make a difference to 起重要作用 What you did make a difference to my life. What would it be like to be blind or deaf? Or imagine you can’t walk or use your hands easily. Most people would never think about this, but many people have these difficulties, I can't use my arms or legs well, so normal things like answering the telephone, opening and closing doors or carrying things are difficult for me. Then one day last year, a friend of mine helped me out. She talked to Animal Helpers about getting me a special trained dog. She also thought a dog might cheer me up. I love animals and I was excited about the idea of having a dog. Or imagine you can’t walk or use your hands easily. 或者想象一下你不能走路或自如地使用你的手。 imagine + n/ ving/ pron v 想象 ... But many people have these difficulties.但是很多人有这些困难。 have difficulty (in) doing sth 做某事有困难close thedoor 关门(也可能指半开半闭) ,shut the door 关门(指把门关紧) 。 That shop shuts at eight pm. 那家商店八点钟关门。 He closed his speech with a funny joke. 他用一个有趣的笑话结束了演说。 当表示“关闭公路,铁路或交通工具”或作“结束”讲时,只用 close。 They have closed the road for thick fog. 由于大雾,那条公路被关闭。 turn off 用来表示“关闭”有开关的东西,如收音机、电视、煤气、水龙头等。 Please turn off the light when you leave the lab.在你离开实验室前关掉灯。 Make sure the gas is turned off before you go to bed.确保上床前把煤气关掉。 本句中的 carry 意为“搬运,携带” ,不表示带到什么地方,而携带的方式可以是提、扛、背、抱、抬等。 She carried a baby in her arms. 她怀里抱了一个孩子。 He was carrying a wooden box on his shoulder.他扛着一个木箱。help out 帮助; 帮助......出来 help sb. out 使某人脱离困境 I love animals and I was excited about the idea of having a dog.我热爱动物, 并且为能拥有一只狗这个主意激动不已。 be excited about 对......感到激动 excite→ exciting/excited 兴奋的 be excited about 对…感到兴奋 He seemed to be excited about something After six months of training with a dog at Animal Helpers, I was able to bring him home. My dog's name is Lucky---a good name for him because I feel very lucky to have him. You see, I'm only able to have a Ddog-helper‖ because of your kindness! I was able to bring him home. 我可以把它带回家了。 be able to 能够 词条 适用时态 人称和数 例句 be able to can用于各种时态 用于现在时或过 去时(could)有人称和数的 变化 没有人称和数 的变化I will be able to dress more casually. I could swim at the age of seven. =I was able to swim at the age of seven.My dog’s name is Lucky― a good name for him because I feel very lucky to have him. 我的狗的名字叫D幸运‖―― 对于他来说是个好名字,因为有了他我感觉自己很幸运。 be/ feel lucky to do sth 做某事感到很幸运。 luck n.D幸运‖ → lucky adj.D幸运的‖ → luckily adv.D幸运地‖ → unlucky adj.D不幸的‖ → unluckily adv.D不幸地;不幸的是‖ Lucky is very clever and understands many English words. He can understand me when I give him orders. For example, I say, DLucky! get my book,‖ and he does it at once. For example, I say, DLucky! Get my book,‖ and he does it at once. 例如, 我说:DLucky!把我的书拿来。‖ 它马上就照做。 【解析】(1)fetch v 去拿来=get 去(某地) 拿来(讲话者处) (2)bring v 带来从(某地)拿到(讲话者处) bring up 养育,养大 bring sb. sth = bring sth to sb. 给某人带某物 (1) take v 带来 从(讲话者)拿走 take →took → taken 【短语】 take care 小心 take charge of 负责,看管 take hold of 握住 take off 脱下 take out 取出 take a look 看一看 take away 拿走 take exercise 做运动 take it easy 不紧张 take one’s time 从容不迫 Lucky is a fantastic dog. I'll send you a photo of him if you like, and I could show you how he helps me. Thank you again for changing my life. Best wishes, Ben Smith I’ll send you a photo of him if you like, and I could show you how he helps me. 如果你喜欢我会给你寄张他的照片,并且我会告诉你他是如何帮助我的。 【解析 1】send→ sent → sent v 发送 【短语】 : send away 赶走 send for 派人去请 send off 寄出 send out 分发 send up 发射 send sb. sth = send sth to sb. 送给某人某物 【注】类似的动词有:show (展示; 给……看) give (给) lend (借出) offer(提供) return (归还) tell ( 告诉) Thank you again for changing my life. 再次感谢你改变了我的生活。 【解析 1】Thank sb. for +n/ pron/ ving 为……而感谢某人。 【解析 2】change v 改变;变化 change one’s life 改变某人的生活 change... Into... (把......)变成 1. Ben Smith. Because he wants to send her a photo of Lucky. 2. She sent some money to Animal Helpers. 2c Look at the list of words blow. Circle the part of speech of each word and make your own sentences with these words. 1. group 2. disabled 3. differences 4. imagine 5. difficulties 6. normal 7. training 8. kindness 1. A group of us are going to Beijing. 2. We should help the disabled children. 3. There are some differences between my brother and me. 4. Can you imagine what is in it? 5. Are you having any difficulties? 6. It’s normal to feel nervous before an exam. 7. They haven’t finished training. 8. Thank you for your kindness. 2d Use the information in the letter to make true sentences by matching the different parts. 1. Miss Li sent money to Animal helpers. 2.Ben Smith is unable to move well. 3. Lucky can get animal like Lucky. 4. Animal Helpers trains things for disabled people. 2e Discuss the questions with a partner. I. In what other ways do you think dogs are able to help people? 2. What other animals can we train to help people? 3a Look at these kinds of volunteer work. Can you add more? What would you like to do? Discuss it with a partner. Working in an old people's home Helping kids in an after-school program Being a guide at a museum 3b Write a letter or e-mail to the place you want to volunteer at. Which volunteer job do you want to do? What are your interests and hobbies? How can these help you to do the job? Why do you want to do the volunteer job? When are you free to do the job? I'd like to /I'm interested in/ I want to volunteer as … I'm good at /I'm strong in / In my free time, I like to … so I think I'd be good at this job. I want to help out as a volunteer in your old people's home / school/ museum / group because… I'm free to help in/on… Dear Sir or Madam, Yours truly, Fill in each blank with a possible verb to make a phrasal verb. 1. cheer , wake , put, take up 2. put, take off 3. put, take away 4. run, go out of 5. look, take after 6. come up with Fill in the blanks with the appropriate phrasal verbs or infinitives. Last Week, Jimmy, the Bike Boy ran out of money to buy old bikes. He was unhappy, so everyone was trying to cheer him up. He put up some signs asking for old bikes and called up all his friends on the phone to tell them about the problem. He even handed out notices at the supermarket. Then he told the teachers at school about his problem and they set up a call-in center for parents. The ideas that he came up with worked out fine. He now has sixteen bikes to fix up and give away to children who don't have bikes.

我要回帖

更多关于 midnight texas 的文章

随机推荐