英语选择填空题空

您的位置:&>&&>&&>&
2014年6月英语四级阅读真题词汇理解(选词填空)题答案及解析
franses 于发布 l 已有人浏览
2014年6月英语四级为多题多卷的考试形式,以下是阅读真题选词填空题的两道题目以及解析,供大家参考和学习。
Directions: In this section, there is a passage with ten blanks. You are required to select one word for each blank from a list of choices given in a word bank following the passage. Read the passage through carefully before making your choices. Each choice in the bank is identified by a letter. Please mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre. You may not use any of the words in the bank more than once.
Questions 36 to 45 are based on the following passage.
The fact is, the world has been finding less oil than it has been using for more than twenty years now. Not only has demand been __36__, but the oil we have been finding is coming from places that are __37__ to reach. At the same time, more of this newly __38__ oil is of the type that requires a greater investment to __39__. And because demand for this precious resource will grow, according to some, by over 40 percent by 2025, fueling the world&s economic __40__ will take a lot more energy from every possible source.
The energy industry needs to get more from existing fields while continuing to search for new __41__. Automakers must continue to improve fuel efficiency and perfect hybrid(混合动力的)vehicles. Technological improvements are needed so that wind, solar and hydrogen can be more __42__ parts of the energy equation. Governments need to formulate energy policies that promote __43__ and environmentally sound development. Consumers must be willing to pay for some of these solutions, while practicing conservation efforts of their own.
Inaction is not an __44__. So let&s work together to balance this equation. We are taking some of the __45__ needed to get started, but we need your help to go the rest of the way.
A)consequently&&&&&&& I) feasible
B) cultivate&&&&&&&&&&&& &J) growth
C) declining&&&&&&&&&&& &K) option
D) derived&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &L) refine
E) difficult&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &M) reserves
F) discovered&&&&&&&&&&N) soaring
G) economically&&&& &O) steps
H) exception
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空所在句式在用进行时表示目前石油需求的变化,该空需要动词ing形式。备选的有declining(下降)和soaring(猛增)。注意前句提到世界上找到的石油越来越少,可推知本文探讨的应该是石油供应不足的现象,那么石油的需求应当是上升的。因此选soaring。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空是表语,且是在描述石油的来源地的特征,应当需要形容词。考虑到前句已经提到石油供应不足,那么这里应当描述的也是消极的现状,即石油来源地也很难接近,difficult无论词性还是意思上都很满足。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空是形容词在形容石油,空前的newly提示了这里所描述的石油应当是和前文提到的已经找到(find)的石油相对比。因此这里提到的应当是新找到的石油,discovered分词作为形容词使用,意思上也很合理。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空位于不定式中,因此需要动词原形。备选的有cultivate(培养)和refine(提炼)。注意到本不定式是在描述新开发的石油所需要进行的工序,能构成合理意思的只有refine。refine the oil意为&炼油&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空被形容词economic修饰,需要名词。备选的有exception(例外)、growth(增长)、option(选择)reserves(储备)和steps(步骤)。能与economic构成合理搭配的只有growth,这里表示&世界经济的增长&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空被形容词new修饰,且在介词for后,需要名词。备选的有exception(例外)、option(选择)reserves(储备)和steps(步骤)。注意本句提到的是能源行业需要持续搜索的东西,能构成合理意思的只有reserves,意为需要只需寻找&新的能源储备&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空修饰名词parts,且空前有more,因此需要形容词。备选的还有declining(下降的)和feasible(可行的)。本句描述的是风能、太阳能、氢能等,根据文章话题,明显是希望这些新能源发挥更大作用,因此这里不可能选declining。feasible在这里构成的意思是&能源方程中更合理的部分&,即更合理的解决方案。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空与空后的environmentally用and构成了并列,可知需要副词。备选的有consequently(因此)与economically(经济上)。其中能与environmentally(环境上)含义上构成并列的只有economically。
44. K) option
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:空前的an提示本空需要名词,且必须是可数名词单数。备选的有exception(例外)和option(选择)。句首的inaction意为&不作为&,因此能构成合理意思的只有option。本句意思是&无所作为不是一个选择&,即我们决不能不采取行动。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:空前的the提示本空需要名词,且some提示本空需要名词复数。符合条件的只有steps(步骤)。take steps意为&采取措施&。
Global warming is a trend toward warmer conditions around the world. Part of th we have experienced a 20,000-year-long warming as the last ice age ended and the ice__36___away,However , we have already reached temperatures that are in __37__with other minimum-ice periods, so continued warming is likely not natural. We are __38__to a predicted worldwide in increase in temperatures__39__betweem 1℃ and 6℃ over the next 100 years. The warming will be more__40__in some areas, less in other, and some places may even cool off. Likewise, the __41__of this warming will be very different depending on where you are-coastal areas must worry about rising sea levels, while Siberia and northern Canada may become more habitable(宜居的)and __42__for humans than these areas are now.
The fact remains, however, that it will likely get warmer, on __43__, everywhere. Scientists are in general agreement that the warmer conditions we have been experiencing are at least in part the result of a human-induced global warming trend. Some scientists___44__that the changes we are seeing fall within the range of random(无规律的)variation-some years are cold, others warm, and we have just had an unremarkable string of warm years__45___--but that is becoming an increasingly rare interpretation in the face of continued and increasing warm conditions.
A) appealing    &I) melted
B) average    J) persist
C) contributing   K) ranging
D) dramatic  &&& L) recently
E) frequently   &M) resolved
F) impact    N) sensible
G) line      O) shock
H) maintain
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空是谓语,需要动词,且空前并列成分谓语用的是过去式ended,因此需要过去式。备选的有melted(融化)和resolved(决心),能与空前ice构成合理意思、且与空后away构成搭配的只有melted,表示&冰川融化&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空空前是介词,因此需要名词性成分,且要考虑与空后的with构成搭配。符合要求的只有line(in line with,与&&一致)。意思是我们已经接近&与其他最小冰川期时一致的温度&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:前句用完成时表示已经达到的状态,本句we are描述的则是正在发生的过程,需要动词的ing形式,且要考虑与空后的介词to构成搭配。备选的有appealing to(呼吁、上诉)、contributing to(促成、导致),ranging后不直接与介词to构成搭配。意思合理的只有contributing,为&我们正促成世界范围内气温的升高&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空引领的是temperature的后置定语,需要动词分词。备选的有appealing(呼吁、上诉)、ranging(范围在&&)和resolved(决心)。空后的between 1℃ and 6 ℃明显是范围区间,因此ranging合乎语义。range between/from A and B为常用搭配。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空作为表语,且空前有more,提示了本空需要形容词。备选的有appealing(有吸引力的)、dramatic(戏剧性的、突发的)和sensible(明智的)。这里描述的是气候变化的效果,因此dramatic意思更合适,意为&某些地方的气候变化会更加戏剧化&。后半句提到的有些地方可能cool off(变冷)也是暗示气候变化的突发及剧烈。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:空前的the暗示本空需要名词。备选的有average(平均)、impact(影响)和shock(震惊)。impact和shock都能用于与warming构成搭配,但后面提到的different depending on where you are提示了本空应当是一个较为宽泛的概念,故impact更合适,意为&气候变暖的影响因所在地不同而不同&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:空前的and提示了本空与and前的habitable(宜居的)同词性且义相近。因此本空需要形容词,备选的有appealing(有吸引力的)和sensible(明智的)。意思上与habitable更能并列、描述本句所说的Siberia and northern Canada的影视appealing,表示&西伯利亚和加拿大北部可能会变得更宜居、更吸引人&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:空前介词on提示了本空需要名词性成分与之构成搭配。备选的有average(平均)和shock(震惊)。这里意思更合理的是average,且on average是固定搭配&平均地&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空需要谓语,且前句所用为一般现在时,考虑到本句主语为复数scientists,因此本空需要动词原形。备选的有maintain(维持、坚称)、persist(坚持)和shock(震惊)。但persist为不及物动词,而本空后有宾语从句;shock意思不合适是且一般后面接人。因此只能选maintain。意为&有些科学家坚称&&&。
ANSWER 答案
2014年6月英语四级选词填空答案解析:本空所在句不缺其它成分,本空需要副词。备选的又frequently(频繁地)和recently(最近)。空前提到科学家认为气候变化无规律,有些年冷、有些年热(some years are cold, others warm)。本空所在的we have just had an unremarkable string of warm years应当是顺着科学家的观点而来,解释我们现在所处的正好是偏热的年份期。因此本空用recently强调当下更佳。若选frequently表示&我们频繁处在偏热的年份&,则与科学家所持的气温冷热无规律交替的观点不相符合。
相关英语学习内容
四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&四级听力&|&四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&
四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&四级阅读&|&
匿名发表&&
您还能输入300字
四级阅读头条
四级阅读最新更新
英语听力最新头条
英语听力最新推荐
最想背的英语四级作文范文,第006篇:How to Study Efficiently,讲述了如何学习的英语
最想背的英语四级作文范文,第003篇:Natural Gas Output in
China,讲述了如何写一篇
英语听力阅读排行
我们也在这里:做英语选择填空题的基本方法_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
做英语选择填空题的基本方法
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩2页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢英语选择填空
英语选择填空
1. the story is long, but it is worth&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
a. to listen to&&&&&& b. listening to&&&&&&& c. listening to it&&&&&&&&d. to listen
2. the subject was so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& that tom became very&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& in it.
a. interesting, interesting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& b. interested, interested
c. interested, interesting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& d. interesting, interested
3. you must clean the classroom, &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& you?
a. needn’t&&&& b. mustn’t&&&&&& c. can’t&&&&&& d. don’t
4. “alice couldn’t answer the question, could she?” “_________.”
a. no, she couldn’t&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& b. no, she could
c. yes, she couldn’t&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& d. yes, she answers
5. i haven’t seen the tv play. rose hasn’t seen it,&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
a. neither&&&&& b. also&&&&&& c. either&&&&&d. too
6. “can i help you?”&
“well, i’m afraid the box is too heavy for you, &&&&&&&thank you all the same.”
&a. and&&&&&&&b. so&&&&&&&&& c. or&&&&&& d. but
7. not until the early years of the 19th century &&&&&&&what heat is.
&a. man knew&&&&&&&&&&&& b. didn’t man know&&&&&&&&&&&&& c. man did know&&&&&d. did man know
8. the great noise produced by the machine will sooner or later do&&&&& &to the workers’ hearing.
&a. damage&&&&b. help&&&&&&&c. wrong&&&&&d. harm
9. the research results show that the earth goes a little faster&&&&&&&&it is closer to the sun.
&a. as if&&&&&&b. so that&&&&& c. than&&&&&&d. when
10. “where do you suggest going?” “we promised &&&&&&&the children to the west lake.”
&a. taking&&&&&& b. to take&&&&& c. taken&&&&&&d. took
11. when we breathe, the oxygen in the air &&&&&&&with our blood and gives us life.
&a. fills&&&b. goes&&& c. takes in&&&&d. mixes
12. “i’m sorry to keep you waiting.”
&“oh, not at all. i&&&&&&&&here only a few minutes.”
&a. have been&&&& b. had been&&&&& c. was&&&&&&d. will be
13. if we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, &&&&&&&great it is.
&a. what&&&&&b. how&&&&&&&&c. however&&&&&&&d. whatever
14. you never told us why you were one hour late for the last meeting, &&&&&&&?
&a. weren’t you&&&&&&&b. didn’t you&&&& c. have you&&&&&&&&&d. did you
15. i don’t quite remember the key &&&&&&&the question though i answered it correctly.
&a. of&&&&&&&&&&&& b. to&&&&&&&&&&c. for&&&&d. about
16. if you drink too much, your health will get even&&&&&&&&.
&a. bad&&&&&&&&&b. poor&&&&&&&&&&& c. worse&&&&&d. not well
17. there are usually at least two &&&&&&&of looking at every question.
&a. means&&&&b. directions&&&& c. views&&&&d. ways
18 the reason why the car was stopped was&&&&&&&&.
&a. that the road was slippery&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& b. due to the slippery road
c. because the road was slippery&&&&& &&&&&&& d. because of the slippery road
19. he won’t &&&&&&&to bring me my umbrella unless i tell him again.
&a. forget&&&&& b. remind&&&&&&& c. remember&&&&&&& d. realize
20. it was the training that he had as a young man &&&&&&&made him such a good engineer.
&a. that&&&&&&b. has&&&&&&&c. what&&&&&&&d. later
21. her parents objected to &&&&&&&that farmer, though he has a lot of money.
&a. her marrying&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&b. marrying&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
c. marry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& d. her marrying with
1. the story is long, but it is worth&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
a. to listen to&&&&&& b. listening to&&&&&&& c. listening to it&&&&&&&&d. to listen
2. the subject was so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& that tom became very&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& in it.
a. interesting, interesting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& b. interested, interested
c. interested, interesting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& d. interesting, interested
3. you must clean the classroom, &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& you?
a. needn’t&&&& b. mustn’t&&&&&& c. can’t&&&&&& d. don’t
4. “alice couldn’t answer the question, could she?” “_________.”
a. no, she couldn’t&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& b. no, she could
c. yes, she couldn’t&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& d. yes, she answers
5. i haven’t seen the tv play. rose hasn’t seen it,&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
a. neither&&&&& b. also&&&&&& c. either&&&&&d. too
6. “can i help you?”&
“well, i’m afraid the box is too heavy for you, &&&&&&&thank you all the same.”
&a. and&&&&&&&b. so&&&&&&&&& c. or&&&&&& d. but
7. not until the early years of the 19th century &&&&&&&what heat is.
&a. man knew&&&&&&&&&&&& b. didn’t man know&&&&&&&&&&&&& c. man did know&&&&&d. did man know
8. the great noise produced by the machine will sooner or later do&&&&& &to the workers’ hearing.
&a. damage&&&&b. help&&&&&&&c. wrong&&&&&d. harm
9. the research results show that the earth goes a little faster&&&&&&&&it is closer to the sun.
&a. as if&&&&&&b. so that&&&&& c. than&&&&&&d. when
10. “where do you suggest going?” “we promised &&&&&&&the children to the west lake.”
&a. taking&&&&&& b. to take&&&&& c. taken&&&&&&d. took
11. when we breathe, the oxygen in the air &&&&&&&with our blood and gives us life.
&a. fills&&&b. goes&&& c. takes in&&&&d. mixes
12. “i’m sorry to keep you waiting.”
&“oh, not at all. i&&&&&&&&here only a few minutes.”
&a. have been&&&& b. had been&&&&& c. was&&&&&&d. will be
13. if we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, &&&&&&&great it is.
&a. what&&&&&b. how&&&&&&&&c. however&&&&&&&d. whatever
14. you never told us why you were one hour late for the last meeting, &&&&&&&?
&a. weren’t you&&&&&&&b. didn’t you&&&& c. have you&&&&&&&&&d. did you
15. i don’t quite remember the key &&&&&&&the question though i answered it correctly.
&a. of&&&&&&&&&&&& b. to&&&&&&&&&&c. for&&&&d. about
16. if you drink too much, your health will get even&&&&&&&&.
&a. bad&&&&&&&&&b. poor&&&&&&&&&&& c. worse&&&&&d. not well
17. there are usually at least two &&&&&&&of looking at every question.
&a. means&&&&b. directions&&&& c. views&&&&d. ways
18 the reason why the car was stopped was&&&&&&&&.
&a. that the road was slippery&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& b. due to the slippery road
c. because the road was slippery&&&&& &&&&&&& d. because of the slippery road
19. he won’t &&&&&&&to bring me my umbrella unless i tell him again.
&a. forget&&&&& b. remind&&&&&&& c. remember&&&&&&& d. realize
20. it was the training that he had as a young man &&&&&&&made him such a good engineer.
&a. that&&&&&&b. has&&&&&&&c. what&&&&&&&d. later
21. her parents objected to &&&&&&&that farmer, though he has a lot of money.
&a. her marrying&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&b. marrying&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
c. marry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& d. her marrying with
相关知识等待您来回答
外语领域专家
& &SOGOU - 京ICP证050897号及旗下全部分类
打开微信扫一扫,关注圣才:
sc100xuexi
认证官方微博
认证官方微博
2014年6月英语六级选词填空新题型练习(一)
  Passage One
  We all hope that the values that are important to each of us are passed along to our children.
  Often, however, that hope is challenged by a flood of pop culture messages, peer pressure, and over-scheduled lives that leave little time for good counsel or 1 . It&s easy to forget that learning values and character at home is as important as any schoolwork or 2 activity.
  In the real world of jobs and career, people are judged by two 3 : their professional skills and their personal traits. While grade school, high school, and college can teach skills and 4 , it!s up to parents to teach children the 5 that make for success in the real world&diligence, a cooperative attitude, creativity, optimism, assertiveness, and honesty. Schools& 6 colleges&don&t focus on these issues. That&s the job of the parents, so take the assignment seriously. Send your kids into the world, ready to 7 not only the tasks of life but also its hurdles, social obstacles, and frustrations with finesse and character.
  You really can&t start soon enough. After all, children need personal integrity and morals as much as any adult. Bullies will always be around; tasks won&t always be assigned fairly; the good guys won&t always win; petty concerns will often 8 issues of substance; and money won&t always be in ample supply; 9 children to the harsher realities of life isn&t cruel; giving them that experience and 10 them through it is part and parcel of raising kids to have courage, resilience (适应力),and honor.
A) reflection
I) handle
B) coaching
J) convey
C) attributes
K) exposing
D) realization
E) standards
M) assignment
F) academic
N) extracurricular
G) proficiency
0) particularly
H) associated
  文章精要
  文章论述了该如何培养孩子的价值观的问题,主要强调了父母在教育方面的作用以及该如何对孩子进行教育。
  答案解析
  1. A 根据句子结构,空处所填单词与counsel并列,故此处应填一个名词。此句意为:流行文化信息、同辈的压力和日程过满的生活使我们很少有时间听取好的忠告或者去,结合几个名词选项,reflection意为&反思&,符合句意。
  2. N 连词or连接schoolwork和 activity,显然空处要填一个与学校活动相关的形容词。选项给出的形容词中,只有extracurricular符合文意, extracurricular activity意为&课外活动&。
  3. E 空格前为数量词,判断空白处应填一个复数可数名词。此句意为:在现实的工作和职场中,有两个来评判人。由judge&词可判断此处要填表示&标准&的词,即standards。
  4. G 由skills and 结构判断,空处应填一个和skills含义相关的名词。此处意为:大学可以教技能和,结合选项,proficiency意为(技能的)熟练程度&,符合句意。
  5. C 分析句子结构,空前为定冠词the,空后为that定语从句,空处应填名词。此处意为:由父母教会孩子在现实世界中获得成功的,破折号后面的diligence, a cooperative attitude, creativity, optimism, assertiveness, and honesty等表示&品质&的词对空处进行了解释说明,故空处应填表示&品质&的词,故选attributes。
  6. 0 根据句子结构, colleges是句子主语Schools的同位语,空处应填副词,表示突出强调,此句意为:学校,大学,不关注这些问题,particularly'尤其是,特别是&符合文意。
  7.1 空格前为ready to,判断此处应填动词原形。该动词的宾语是not only the tasks of life but also its hurdles, social obstacles, and frustrations with finesse and character,handle意为&处理,应对&,此处要表达:处理生活事务,应对困难、社会障碍和挫折。
  8. L 空格前为助动词和副词,空格后为名词,判断此处应填动词原形。此处上下文语境为:欺凌事件随处可见;任务不总是公平分配;好人不一定总赢;小问题往往实质性问题&&上下文陈述的都是社会负面问题,空处所在分句也要陈述负面问题,即人们常常关注小问题,而忽略了实质性问题,也就是小问题往往压过实质性问题,trump意为&压过,胜过&。
  9. K 分析句子结构, children to the harsher realities of life为句子的主语部分,谓语动词是isn&t,故空处应填动词的现在分词形式,且该动词可与 to搭配。此处要表达:让孩子接触更残酷的现实生活,结合选项,exposing 意为&使面临,使遭遇&,符合题意。
  10. B 首先判断空前的and连接giving them that experience 和 them through it两个并列成分,故空处应填现在分词,与giving对应。此处意为:让他们获得那种经历,并他们渡过难关是教育孩子有勇气、适应力和荣誉感的必不可少的一部分,结合选项,coaching为动词coacld指导&的动名词形式,符合题意。
  2014年6月大学英语六级考试备考推荐:圣才e书[免费下载]
  考试辅导:HOT
我的电子书

我要回帖

更多关于 高中英语选择填空 的文章

随机推荐