china'olympic gold medal winning hurdler shuangliuxiann

再见飞人:刘翔发微博宣布因伤退役(双语)_新浪教育_新浪网
再见飞人:刘翔发微博宣布因伤退役(双语)
  China's Olympic gold medal-winning hurdler Liu Xiang announced his retirement on Tuesday, ending a run in the sport marked by records and frustrated by successive late-career injuries。本周二,中国奥运冠军、跨栏选手刘翔宣布退役。他的职业生涯里收获了各项纪录,但在末期却被一系列伤病拖垮。
再见飞人:刘翔发微博宣布因伤退役
  Liu, 31, became an icon in China after he won the country's first Olympic men's track and field gold medal in the 110 metres hurdles in Athens in 2004. He also won a world championship in 2007 and held the world record in 2006 with a time of 12.88 seconds。今年31岁的刘翔获得了2004年雅典奥运会110米栏冠军,这是中国有史以来第一块奥运会男子田径项目金牌,从此刘翔成为了中国的标志人物。此外他还获得了2007年的世锦赛冠军,并在2006年以12秒88的成绩打破世界纪录。
  "I'm retiring. I want to start a new journey," Liu said in a message posted to his microblog, blaming injury for his decision. "Though I still have hot blood pumping through my heart, my leg has time and again told me no."刘翔发布了微博,宣布因伤退役。“我要‘退休’了,我要开始一段新的旅程。”“虽然我的心中仍有热血,但我的脚却一次次对我说不。”
  One of China's most popular athletes, his gold medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics brought him fame and fortune rivalled only by basketball player Yao Ming but also made his life more like that of a rock star and placed a huge burden of expectation on him。作为中国最受欢迎的运动员,2004雅典奥运会冠军为他带来无数声誉和财富,只有篮球运动员姚明才能与他相比。这使他的生活变得更像摇滚明星,更多期望也加在他身上。
  Liu's ambitions were checked when,&despite&being favourite to win his pet event in front of home fans at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, he was forced to pull out with an Achilles injury in his first-round heat。虽然主场参赛的刘翔是2008北京奥运会的热门,但他的雄心壮志却因第一轮热身中的跟腱拉伤退赛而终止。
  At the 2012 Olympics in London, Liu was disappointed again by injury, crashing out of competition after stumbling on the first hurdle and ending his hopes of regaining the Olympic title.2012年伦敦奥运会,刘翔再次因伤病而倍感失望。他在第一栏摔倒后被淘汰,终结了他重夺奥运冠军的希望。
  Liu's retirement makes him the latest world class Chinese athlete to sign off from competition in recent years, after the country's first grand slam tennis champion Li Na retired in September and former NBA basketball centre Yao Ming walked away from the sport in 2011.这些年离开赛场的中国世界级体育选手中,刘翔是距今最近的一位。2011年前NBA中锋姚明退役。去年9月,中国首位网球大满贯得主李娜也宣布挂拍。(来源:沪江英语)
文章关键词:
&&|&&&&|&&&&|&&
您可通过新浪首页顶部 “”, 查看所有收藏过的文章。
请用微博账号,推荐效果更好!
看过本文的人还看过Follow Us On
Xinhua Weibo
Sina Weibo
Global Edition
China Edition
Africa Edition
Europe Edition
Asia & Pacific
Malaysian Edition
Chinese(GB)
Chinese(Big5)
|||||||||||
Most Searched:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Liu Xiang, hurdler won 110m Olympic gold, two world titles
BEIJING, April 8 (Xinhuanet) -- Liu Xiang leaves as one of China's most successful athletes with an Olympic title and a world record among numerous other accolades.
Liu Xiang was born on July 13th, 1983, and started training for professional competition at the age of 16.
He made his international debut in 2001 at the World Championships in Canada, and also served as a standard-bearer in the opening ceremony. Liu reached the semi-finals, but finished in 12th place and therefore did not qualify for the final.
Liu's first world title came at the 2001 universiade with a time of 13.32 seconds, only 0.07 seconds behind the Asian record. That same year, Liu also won gold at the 9th National Games of the People's Republic of China, becoming the nation's new power in the 110m hurdles.
"I am so excited, and I feel this medal is even more precious than the one from the universiade," said Liu Xiang.
In 2002 he set an Asian record of 13.12 seconds at the Athletissima meeting. This also broke Renaldo Nehemiah's world junior record, which had stood for almost 25 years.
The following year Liu secured bronze medals in the 60 metres hurdles at the 2003 IAAF World Indoor Championships and the 110m hurdles at the 2003 World Championships.
Although not considered a favorite heading into the 2004 Athens Olympics, he shocked the world by winning the 110 meter hurdles, claiming the gold medal in a world record-equaling time of 12.91 seconds, a mark previously set by Colin Jackson of Great Britain.
This feat made Liu the first Asian sprinter to top the podium at a Summer Games, and defied conventional thinking about the ability of the continent's athletes to compete at short distances.
"I am so excited, who said Asian people can't reach the last eight in the Olympic Games. I am showing you today that I am the Olympic Champion," he said.
At the 2006 Lausanne Super Grand Prix, Liu grabbed sole possession of the world record in the 110 meter hurdles, dashing to victory in 12.88 seconds.
He would then win his second world championship the following year in Osaka, making him the first Chinese athlete to claim a track and field Triple Crown -- World Record Holder, World Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist.
In the 2008 Beijing Games, Liu was a heavy favorite to win another Olympic gold in the 110 meter hurdles, but he withdrew after a false start by another runner in his first round heat, leaving the crowd at the Bird's Nest National Stadium stunned into silence, confusion, and tears.
Liu suffered from a recurrence of chronic inflammation in his right Achilles tendon, which ruled him out of the following year.
The Shanghai Golden Grand Prix in May 2011 saw Liu make a return to a world class level as he won the title with a world-leading mark of 13.07 seconds.
Liu also showed he had accomplished a transition in his technique, as he reduced his number of starting steps before the first hurdle from eight to seven.
At the time, only two people in the world could do that, and this announcement boosted fan's confidence in the hurdler for the upcoming Games.
But in the 2012 , another setback ensued as he pulled his Achilles tendon attempting to clear the first hurdle in his heat.
That was the last time Liu stood on the track as a professional athlete. On his way back to the exit, Liu turned around and hopped back to the track, kissing the hurdle and saying goodbye to the Olympic Games.
So with 60 titles and more than a decade of memories under his belt, Liu has finally decided to bring an end to his professional career, but he will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the greatest stars in China's sporting history.
(Source: TV.cn)
Yamei Wang
Related News
&& && && &&
Liu Xiang, hurdler won 110m Olympic gold, two world titles
BEIJING, April 8 (Xinhuanet) -- Liu Xiang leaves as one of China's most successful athletes with an Olympic title and a world record among numerous other accolades.
Liu Xiang was born on July 13th, 1983, and started training for professional competition at the age of 16.
He made his international debut in 2001 at the World Championships in Canada, and also served as a standard-bearer in the opening ceremony. Liu reached the semi-finals, but finished in 12th place and therefore did not qualify for the final.
Liu's first world title came at the 2001 universiade with a time of 13.32 seconds, only 0.07 seconds behind the Asian record. That same year, Liu also won gold at the 9th National Games of the People's Republic of China, becoming the nation's new power in the 110m hurdles.
"I am so excited, and I feel this medal is even more precious than the one from the universiade," said Liu Xiang.
In 2002 he set an Asian record of 13.12 seconds at the Athletissima meeting. This also broke Renaldo Nehemiah's world junior record, which had stood for almost 25 years.
The following year Liu secured bronze medals in the 60 metres hurdles at the 2003 IAAF World Indoor Championships and the 110m hurdles at the 2003 World Championships.
Although not considered a favorite heading into the 2004 Athens Olympics, he shocked the world by winning the 110 meter hurdles, claiming the gold medal in a world record-equaling time of 12.91 seconds, a mark previously set by Colin Jackson of Great Britain.
This feat made Liu the first Asian sprinter to top the podium at a Summer Games, and defied conventional thinking about the ability of the continent's athletes to compete at short distances.
"I am so excited, who said Asian people can't reach the last eight in the Olympic Games. I am showing you today that I am the Olympic Champion," he said.
At the 2006 Lausanne Super Grand Prix, Liu grabbed sole possession of the world record in the 110 meter hurdles, dashing to victory in 12.88 seconds.
He would then win his second world championship the following year in Osaka, making him the first Chinese athlete to claim a track and field Triple Crown -- World Record Holder, World Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist.
In the 2008 Beijing Games, Liu was a heavy favorite to win another Olympic gold in the 110 meter hurdles, but he withdrew after a false start by another runner in his first round heat, leaving the crowd at the Bird's Nest National Stadium stunned into silence, confusion, and tears.
Liu suffered from a recurrence of chronic inflammation in his right Achilles tendon, which ruled him out of the following year.
The Shanghai Golden Grand Prix in May 2011 saw Liu make a return to a world class level as he won the title with a world-leading mark of 13.07 seconds.
Liu also showed he had accomplished a transition in his technique, as he reduced his number of starting steps before the first hurdle from eight to seven.
At the time, only two people in the world could do that, and this announcement boosted fan's confidence in the hurdler for the upcoming Games.
But in the 2012 , another setback ensued as he pulled his Achilles tendon attempting to clear the first hurdle in his heat.
That was the last time Liu stood on the track as a professional athlete. On his way back to the exit, Liu turned around and hopped back to the track, kissing the hurdle and saying goodbye to the Olympic Games.
So with 60 titles and more than a decade of memories under his belt, Liu has finally decided to bring an end to his professional career, but he will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the greatest stars in China's sporting history.
(Source: TV.cn)
[Editor: Yamei Wang]1个英语句子,China's Liu Zige broke the world record on her way to winning Olympic gold in the women's 200m butterfly.to 后不是要跟动词原形吗?为什么这里用 to winning._作业帮
1个英语句子,China's Liu Zige broke the world record on her way to winning Olympic gold in the women's 200m butterfly.to 后不是要跟动词原形吗?为什么这里用 to winning.
1个英语句子,China's Liu Zige broke the world record on her way to winning Olympic gold in the women's 200m butterfly.to 后不是要跟动词原形吗?为什么这里用 to winning.
"to"在这里作介词而不是不定式结构,介词后接动名词形式,故用winning.以下是些to作介词的例子:These methods apply to learning English Reporters should stick to investigating the facts.She devoted herself to helping the poor.He has a strong objection to getting up so early.另外,一个句子中可以有两个动词,但不能有两个谓语就是了.
这里的to是介词,所以后面接了动名词。类似的还有,I am looking forward to hearing from you. 我期待着您的回复。
to 后不是要跟动词原形吗?----------这不一定
on one's way to 在某人去哪儿的路上这里的to不是动词不定式的符号,是个介词,明白了吗?介词后面自然要跟ing形式了。
这里的to的解释是动词,一个句中不能有两个动词,所以to后面是动名词。
中国选手刘子歌在女子200米蝶泳的比赛中获得金牌并打破世界纪录。to在这里是介词,后面要加个名词性的,所以用ing跟looking forward to seeing you一个道理
中国的刘志高以赢得女子组200米蝶泳赛奥林匹克金牌的成绩打破了世界记录
to后面不一定要跟动词原形,比如:1.be/get used to doing sth.(习惯于做某事)2.admit to doing sth 承认做了某事 3. apply to doing sth 适用于做某事4. object to doing sth 反对做某事5. see to doing sth 负责做某事 6. stick to d...
句型是on somebody's way to doing ...而I am looking forward to hearing from you这句是个句型~~looking forward to doing sth. TO 可以是不定式也可以是介词
to做介词 后接动名词 可不是见到to就接动词原形的啊 contribute to后面就不是动词原形

我要回帖

更多关于 guangxiouliuxianqun 的文章

随机推荐