when you admissable someone, the other person is able

Love is a telephone which always keeps silent when you are longing for a call, but rings when you are not ready for it. As a result, we often miss the sweetness from the other end.Love is a telephone 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
Love is a telephone which always keeps silent when you are longing for a call, but rings when you are not ready for it. As a result, we often miss the sweetness from the other end.Love is a telephone which is seldom program-controlled or directly dialed. You cannot get an immediate answer by a mere "hello", let alone go deep into your lover's heart by one call. Usually it had to be relayed by an operator, and you have to be patient in waiting. Destiny(命运) is the operator of this phone, who is always irresponsible and fond of playing practical jokes to which she may make you a lifelong victim intentionally or unintentionally.Love is a telephone which is always busy, When you are ready to die for love, you only find, to your disappointment, the line is already occupied by someone else, and you are greeted only by a busy line. This is an eternal regret handed down from generation to generation and you are only one of those who languish for(因…受煎熬) followers.Love is telephone, but it is difficult to seize the center time for dialing, and you will let the opportunity slip if your call is either too early or too late.Love is a telephone which is not always associated with happiness. Honeyed words are transmitted by sound waves, but when the lovers are brought together, the phone serves no purpose that many lovers observe that marriage is the doom of love.Love is a telephone which, when you use it for the first time, makes you so nervous and excited that you either hold the receiver upside down or dial the wrong number. By the time you've calmed down, you will beat a loss to whom you should make the call.Love is a telephone which often has crossed lines. And this usually happens to you unexpectedly. Your time will either cross or be crossed. Both cases are referred to as "triangle". Fortunately, all such occurrences are transient(转瞬即逝的).小题1:What is the best title of the passage?A.Love is transientB.Love is permanentC.Love is a telephoneD.What’s love in life小题2:Which statement has the closest meaning to the underlined sentence?&&A."all shall be well,Jack shall have Jill。“(有情人终成眷属)B.A lifelong love is not only romantic but also practicalC.Love is all we have in lifeD.Beauty is in the eyes of beholder小题3:Which is the synonym with the underlined word ”doom”?A.monumentB.final endC.key pointD.substitute小题4:In which part can this passage probably be found ?A.advertisementB.financialC.emotionD.lottery
小题1:C小题2:B小题3:B小题4:C试题分析:文章把爱比作电话,阐述了爱的真谛。小题1:主旨题:每一段中都含有Love is a telephone,所以Love is a telephone是文章最好的题目。故选C。小题2:猜词题:根据Destiny(命运) is the operator of this phone, who is always irresponsible and fond of playing practical jokes to which she may make you a lifelong victim intentionally or unintentionally.可知划线句子意思是永生不渝的爱不仅浪漫,而且实际,故选B。小题3:猜词题: 根据Love is a telephone which is not always associated with happiness. Honeyed words are transmitted by sound waves, but when the lovers are brought together, the phone serves no purpose that many lovers observe that marriage is the doom of love.可猜出”doom”意思是结局,故选B。小题4:推理题:这篇文章主要谈论了爱这一话题,故这篇文章最可能出现在情感版块。故选C。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
The concept of solitude(独处) in the digital world is almost non&existent.In the world of digital technology,e&mail,social networking and online video games,information is meant to be ___.Solitude can be hard to discover____it has been given up.In this respect,new technologies have___our culture.The desire to be connected has brought solitude to a(n)____as we’ve known it.People have become so____in the world of networks and connections that one can often be contacted____they’d rather not be.Today we can talk,text,e&mail,chat and blog(写博客),not only from our____,but from our mobile phones as well.Most developed nations have become ____on digital technology simply because they’ve grown accustomed to it,and at this point not____it would make them an outsider.____,many jobs and careers require people to be____.From this point of view,technology has changed the culture of work.Being reachable might feel like a___to those who may not want to be able to be contacted at all times.I suppose the positive side is that solitude is still possible for anyone who____puters can be shut____and mobile phones can be turned off.The ability to be “connected” and “on” has many____,as well as disadvantages.Travelers have ended up____on mountains,and mobile phones have saved countless lives.They can also make people feel ____and forced to answer unwanted calls or____to unwanted texts.Attitudes towards our connectedness as a society____across generations.Some find today’s technology a gift.Others consider it a curse.Regardless of anyone’s view on the subject,it’s hard to imagine what life would be like____daily advancements in technology.(2012·江苏)小题1:A.updatedB.receivedC.sharedD.collected小题2:A.thoughB.untilC.onceD.before小题3:A.respectedB.shapedC.ignoredD.preserved小题4:A.edgeB.stageC.endD.balance小题5:A.sensitiveB.intelligentC.considerateD.reachable小题6:A.even ifB.only ifC.as ifD.if only小题7:A.mediaB.computersC.databasesD.monitors小题8:A.bent B.hardC.keenD.dependent小题9:A.findingB.usingC.protectingD.changing小题10:A.AlsoB.InsteadC.OtherwiseD.Somehow小题11:A.connectedB.trainedC.recommendedD.interested小题12:A.pleasureB.benefitC.burdenD.disappointment小题13:A.slightlyB.hardlyC.merelyD.really小题14:A.outB.downC.upD.in小题15:A.aspectsB.weaknessesC.advantagesD.exceptions小题16:A.hiddenB.lostC.relaxedD.deserted小题17:A.trappedB.excitedC.confused D.amused小题18:A.turnB.submitC.objectD.reply小题19:A.vary B.ariseC.spreadD.exist小题20:A.beyondB.withinC.despiteD.without
To celebrate the end of our exams, my friends and I went to a fast food restaurant. We&&&&hamburgers and Coca Cola at the counter. When our&&&&came, I started walking towards an empty table. By bad luck, my bag strap(带子) got&&&&on a chair and the tray(托盘) that I was holding slipped(滑)&&&&my hands and went flying in the air. The tray, and its contents,&&&&on a man who was just about to&&&&a bite of his sandwich. I stared, greatly&&&&, as the drinks soaked(浸湿) his white shirt. Then I&&&&my eyes and prepared myself for his burst of&&&. Instead, he said "It’s OK" to &&&&me before he disappeared into the washroom.Still shaky and unsure&&&&to do next, my friends and I went to a table and sat there, trying our best to look&&&. A moment later, the man came out of the washroom, and&&&&our table. My heart almost stopped&&&. I thought he was going to ask for my father's&&&&and call him.To my surprise, he merely smiled at us, handed us some cash and said,"&&&&yourself new hamburgers."He then walked&&&&without even finishing his food.He could have made what was already an uncomfortable situation worse,&&&&he chose a different way and gave us a reason to believe that there is still&&&&in this world. I'll never&&&&&his actions.小题1:A.orderedB.madeC.arrangedD.demanded小题2:A.foodB.turnC.billD.menu小题3:A.fixedB.caughtC.cutD.tied小题4:A.byB.inC.fromD.out小题5:A.knockedB.fellC.stoodD.hung小题6:A.takeB.tasteC.makeD.catch小题7:A.discouragedB.disappointedC.shockedD.amazed小题8:A.rolledB.rubbedC.narrowedD.closed小题9:A.bitternessB.anxietyC.angerD.sorrow小题10:A.satisfyB.comfortC.encourageD.praise小题11:A.howB.whoC.whatD.which小题12:A.wellB.honestC.calmD.polite小题13:A.pushedB.approachedC.drewD.laid小题14:A.beatingB.breakingC.sinkingD.shaking小题15:A.helpB.positionC.numberD.job小题16:A.PrepareB.BuyC.FindD.Cook小题17:A.onB.aroundC.upD.away小题18:A.soB.sinceC.althoughD.but小题19:A.kindnessB.happinessC.politenessD.brightness小题20:A.forgetB.refuseC.followD.replace
题型:阅读理解
You may not pay much attention to your daily elevator ride. Many of us use a lift several times during the day without really thinking about it. But Lee Gray, PhD of the University of North Carolina, US, has made it his business to examine this overlooked form of public transport. He is known as the “Elevator Guy”.“The lift becomes this interesting social space where etiquette (礼仪) is sort of odd (奇怪的),” Gray told the BBC. “Elevators are socially very interesting but often very awkward (尴尬的) places.”We walk in and usually turn around to face the door. If someone else comes in, we may have to move. And here, according to Gray, lift users unthinkingly go through a set pattern of movements. He told the BBC what he had observed.He explained that when you are the only one inside a lift, you can do whatever you want – it’s your own little box.If there are two of you, you go into different corners, standing diagonally (对角线地) across from each other to create distance.When a third person enters, you will unconsciously form a triangle(三角形). And when there is a fourth person it becomes a square, with someone in every corner. A fifth person is probably going to have to stand in the middle.New entrants to the lift will need to size up the situation when the doors slide open and then act according to their decisions. Once in, for most people the rule is simple – look down, or look at your phone.Why are we so awkward in lifts?“You don’t have enough space,” Professor Babette Renneberg, a clinical psychologist at the Free University of Berlin, told the BBC. “Usually when we meet other people, we have about an arm’s length of distance between us. And that’s not possible in most elevators.”In such a small, enclosed space it becomes very important to act in a way that cannot be understood as threatening or odd. “The easiest way to do this is to avoid eye contact(接触) ,” she said.小题1:According to Gray, when people enter an elevator, they usually _____.A.turn around and greet one anotherB.look around or examine their phoneC.try to keep a distance from other peopleD.make eye contact with those in the elevator小题2:Which of the following describes how people usually stand when there are at least two people in an elevator? (The point in the chart refers to one person.)小题3:The underlined phrase “size up” in Paragraph 7 is closest in meaning to _____.A.ignoreB.judgeC.put up withD.make the best of小题4:According to the article, people feel awkward in lifts because of _____.A.the lack of spaceB.someone’s odd behaviorsC.their unfamiliarity with one anotherD.their eye contact with one another
There was a time when the owners of shops and businesses in Chicago had to pay large sums of money to gangsters(匪徒)in return for “protection”. If the money was not paid immediately, the gangsters would quickly put a man out of business by destroying his shop. Getting “protection money” is not a modern means. As long ago as the fourteenth century, an Englishman, Sir John Hawkwood, made the remarkable discovery that people would rather pay large sums of money than have their life work destroyed by gangsters. Then Sir John Hawkwood arrived in Italy with a group of soldiers and settled near Florence. He soon made a name for himself and came to be known to the Italians as Giovanni Acuto. Whenever the Italian city-states were at war with each other, Hawkwood used to hire his soldiers to those who were willing to pay the high price he demanded.& In times of peace, when business was bad, Hawkwood and his men would march into a city-state and, after burning down a few farms, would offer to go away if protection money was paid to them. Hawkwood made large sums of money with this method. In spite of this, the Italians regarded him as a sort of hero .When he died at eighty, the Florentines gave him a state funeral and had his picture painted, which was in memory of “this bravest man”.小题1:What protection did Chicago gangsters give to those who paid them?A.They saved those people’s businesses from destruction.B.They left those people’s business unharmed much.C.They sent soldiers to serve them no matter what help they needed willingly.D.They didn’t take those people’s lives小题2:Sir John Hawkwook's Italian name “Giovanni Acuto” was one which&&&&&&&&&.A.he gave himself in order to become better known to the ItaliansB.he earned through his sharp practice of selling his ‘protection’C.he needed so as to hire his soldiers to ItaliansD.was given him in telling his services to the others’小题3:The Italians regarded Hawkwood as a sort of hero&&&&&&&&&&.A.because they couldn’t help admiring his bravery and boldness(胆大)B.as he aided the citizens in peacetime when business was bad for themC.he had played an important role in their daily lifeD.for he lived so long and was given a state funeral by the Florentines小题4:From the passage, we can guess the gangsters were those&&&&&&&&&.A.who were of great importance to the poorB.who made the businessmen do whatever they were in need of C.who were always ready to be sent abroadD.who did harm to others小题5:According to the writer, Hawkwood was&&&&&&&&&&&.A.a sort of national heroB.an experienced leaderC.a brave soldierD.a noble gangster
His ignorance was as remarkable as his knowledge. Of contemporary literature, philosophy and politics he appeared to know next to nothing. Upon my quoting Thomas Carlyle, he inquired in the naivest way who he might be and what he had done. My surprise reached a climax, however, when I found incidentally that he was ignorant of the Copernican Theory and of the composition of the Solar system. “You appear to be astonished, ” Holmes said, smiling at my expression. “Now that I do know it I shall do my best to forget it. You see, I consider that a man’s brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose: A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has difficulty in laying his hand upon it. It is a mistake to think that the little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it, there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you know before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.” “But the Solar System! ” I protested. “What the deuce is it to me?” he interrupted impatiently. One morning, I picked up a magazine from the table and attempted to while away the time with it, while my companion munched silently at his toast. One of the articles had a pencil mark at the heading, and I naturally began to run my eye through it. Its somewhat ambitious title was “The Book of Life, ” and it attempted to show how much an observant man might learn by an accurate and systematic examination of all that came in his way. It struck me as being a remarkable mixture of shrewdness and of absurdity. The reasoning was close and intense, but the deduction appeared to me to be far-fetched and exaggerated. The writer claimed by a momentary expression, a twitch of a muscle or a glance of an eye, to fathom a man’s inmost thought. Deceit, according to him, was impossibility in the case of one trained to observation and analysis. His conclusions were as infallible as so many propositions of Euclid. So startling would his results appear to the uninitiated that until they learned the processes by which he had arrived at them they might well consider him as a necromancer. “From a drop of water, ”said the writer, “a logician could infer the possibility of an Atlantic. So all life is a great chain, the nature of which is known whenever we are shown a single link of it. Like all other arts, the science of Deduction and Analysis is one which can be acquired by long and patient study, nor is life long enough to allow any mortal to attain the highest possible perfection in it. ” This smartly written piece of theory I could not accept until a succession of evidences justified it.小题1: What is the author’s attitude toward Holmes?[A]Praising.[B]Critical.[C]Ironical.[D]Distaste.小题2: What way did the author take to stick out Holmes’ uniqueness?[A]By deduction.[B]By explanation.[C]By contrast.[D]By analysis.小题3: What was the Holmes’ idea about knowledge-learning?[A]Learning what every body learned.[B]Learning what was useful to you.[C]Learning whatever you came across.[D]Learning what was different to you.小题4: What did the article mentioned in the passage talk about?[A]One may master the way of reasoning through observation.[B]One may become rather critical through observation and analysis.[C]One may become rather sharp through observation and analysis.[D]One may become practical through observation and analysis.Vocabulary1.Thomas Carlyle &&&&&托马斯?卡莱尔 美国作家、历史家、哲学家2.jumble (up) &&&&&搞乱,使混乱3.lay hand on (upon) sth. &抓住,找到4.at best &&&&&&&&&最好的情况下5.elbow out (off) &&&&&用胳膊肘挤出,推出6.deuce =" devil" &&&&&what the deuce is it to me? &&这里表示福尔摩斯的厌恶心理。义:这倒霉的词儿与我有什么关系?&&&&&&7.while away the time &&&&&消磨/打发时间8.shrewdness &&&&&机敏,敏锐,犀利9.far-fetched &&&&&牵强附会,不自然10.fathom &&&&&&&&看穿/透,推测,探索11.infallible &&&&&一贯正确12.uninitiated &&&&对某事无知的13.Euclid &&&&&&&欧几里德(古希腊数学家)14.necromancer &&&&巫师
My sister Jodie and I are always traveling for work. As jewelry designers, we need to go to a lot of shows. We can’t pack lightly and usually bring about four suitcases filled with our work.
Most of our stuff is made from heavy materials and metals. So part of the routine for us when we fly is getting stopped by security. Our jewelry sets off the alarms, and we’ve become accustomed to arriving early to go through private screenings. Most of the time, it’s not troublesome.
However, on our recent trip to a Paris trade show, we were stopped at security and asked to empty our bags. One of the agents walked over to another agent and they started whispering to each other. Both gentlemen came back, and one of them then told us that it seemed that we were carrying a very dangerous object.
My sister and I just said, “Huh?” Of course, we were a little concerned, thinking that maybe someone put something dangerous in one of our bags when we weren’t looking.
One of the agents then started to unpack our bags. I kept asking what he was looking for and then the object in question finally appeared. It was our Cosima necklace. It’s a piece of jewelry, with large, metal triangular spikes.
My sister and I looked at each other and breathed a huge sigh of relief. We started laughing and explained to the two male agents that it was just a necklace from our collection, not a weapon of mass destruction. They thought we were lying, and one agent kept repeating that he believed it was a weapon.
I tried to explain that we were jewelry designers going to a trade show, and this was simply a piece from our collection. But the agents didn’t buy it. Then a few women guards came over to assist. One of the women guards was holding an earring up to her ear and another was trying on a ring. Apparently, they liked our stuff.
It was only at this point that the male guards gave up. And I think they also got tired of listening to a bunch of women talk about jewelry. They let us through.
We took the names of the women agents and sent them a piece of jewelry when we got back to say thanks. 小题1:When the object in question finally appeared, the writer and her sister felt _______. A.anxiousB.relievedC.excitedD.frightened小题2:The writer and her sister were stopped by the agents because ________. A.their suitcases were too heavyB.the agents wanted to play a joke on themC.they were suspected to carry dangerous objectsD.the agents wanted to admire the jewelry inside the suitcases小题3:The underlined word “buy” in Paragraph 7 probably means ________. A.doubtB.believeC.purchaseD.understand小题4:The writer sent the women agents a piece of jewelry in order to ________. A.persuade them to buy her jewelry laterB.get help from them next timeC.show them her talent in designing jewelryD.show them her gratitude for their assistance小题5:According to this passage, which of the following statements is NOT true?A.Someone put something dangerous in one of the writer’s bags. B.The male agents didn’t believe the writer at first. C.The female agents liked the jewelry. D.The writer is always travelling on business.
For many centuries,countless scholars have asked the question:What is beauty? As designers update the latest fashions and artists create their masterpieces, what is considered beautiful changes at an alarming pace. Fifty years ago,the full-figured Marilyn Monroe was a symbol of the American aesthetic(美学的)value;today,many Hollywood actresses different in appearance from Marilyn’s have taken her place. However,aesthetic values not only differ from generation to generation,but do so along cultural lines as well. Often, what is considered disgusting to one civilization is just the aesthetic appeal in another. Thus it is difficult to give an absolute definition(定义)of beauty. As fundamental(基础的)physicists,my colleagues and I like to believe that we are involved in a search for a beauty that affects definition. The beauty that we search for is not what is set up through the work of people and subject to the tastes, but rather what has been laid down by nature Physics allows its students to look past outer appearances,into a deeper beauty. As a human being,I am attracted by the visual appeal of a wave crashing on the beach. As a physicist, however I am able to see the deeper beauty of the physical laws that govern such a phenomenon. In truth,since Albert Einstein put forward the idea that there might be one main physical theory that governs the universe,aesthetics have become a driving force in modern physics. Einstein and other later physicists have discovered that:Nature, as its most fundamental level,is beautifully constructed. The extraordinary simplicity of the laws that govern the universe is really breathtaking . As Einstein said, it would seem more likely that we should find ourselves living in a“chaotic(无秩序曲)world,in no way graspable through thinking”. Yet we are now closer than ever to a full understanding of the universe’s beautiful clockwork. As new discoveries and technologies allow us to examine the physical world on deeper and deeper levels,we find that the beauty itself becomes much deeper.小题1:The reference to“Marilyn Monroe”in Paragraph 2 mainly serves to___________.A.provide an example of today’s beauty standardsB.show there is no fixed definition of aestheticsC.compare traditions of the East to the WestD.discuss her abilities as an actress小题2:When appreciating a wave crashing on the beach,a physicist sees the beauty of___________.A.the visual attractionB.the powerful soundsC.the physical laws behindD.the lovely creatures小题3:Why are Albert Einstein’s words mentioned in Paragraph 3?A.To detail the functions of physical laws.B.To highlight the range of Einstein’s influence.C.To show that Einstein doubted the beauty of physics.D.To stress the very simplicity of the laws of the universe.小题4:The passage is mainly to___________.A.present a special way of seeing beautyB.emphasize the influence of physicsC.discuss the awareness of cross-cultureD.argue the traditional ideas on value
It was 1958. I was eighteen and was working as a nurse in a rural town west of Sydney, Australia. I was looking forward to having five days&& ____& from duty after working overtime for some time.&&& ___, the only train that day back to my hometown, over 270 km away, had already&& ___.&&& I thought I'd thumb a lift.I waited by the side of the&& ____& for three hours but no one stopped for me. Finally, a man walked over and&& ____& himself as Gordon. He said that&& ____& he couldn't give me a lift, I could come to his house, which was across the road, for lunch. He'd been watching me and thought I must be&& ____& after standing for hours. I hesitated but he assured me I was&& ____, and he also offered to help me find a&& ____& home afterwards.When we arrived at Gordon's&& ____, he made us sandwiches. After lunch, he stopped a car, which took me to my hometown.Then I got married, but my husband didn't believe in giving&& ____& a ride. This made me feel&& ____& when we'd pass people waiting on the roadside, as I could&& ____& offer them the lift they hoped for.Twenty&five years later, in 1983, I was driving alone to a nearby town, when I&& ____& an elderly man with a small boy, standing in the glaring heat, trying to &&____&& a ride. I saw my chance to repay someone for the&& ____&& I'd been given decades earlier. I pulled over and picked the&& ____& up. I made them comfortable on the back seat and&& ____& some water and sweets.After a few minutes of small talk, the man said to me,“You haven't changed a bit,&& ____ your red hair is still the same.” I couldn't&& ____& where I'd met him. He then told me he was Gordon.小题1:A.off&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.away&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C.out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.up小题2:A.SurprisinglyB.HopefullyC.UnfortunatelyD.Strangely小题3:A.startedB.leftC.delayedD.arrived小题4:A.townB.stationC.railwayD.highway小题5:A.considered B.describedC.introducedD.named小题6:A.whenB.onceC.althoughD.unless小题7:A.tiredB.thirstyC.angryD.hungry小题8:A.carefulB.safeC.youngD.suspicious小题9:A.liftB.wayC.trainD.bicycle小题10:A.kitchenB.shopC.houseD.garage小题11:A.villagersB.strangersC.relativesD.neighbours小题12:A.badB.nervousC.excitedD.anxious小题13:A.everB.stillC.neverD.sometimes小题14:A.recognizedB.noticedC.knewD.observed小题15:A.offerB.enjoyC.demandD.get小题16:A.supportB.debtC.effortD.favour小题17:A.pairB.coupleC.groupD.team小题18:A.exchangedB.sharedC.drankD.brought小题19:A.evenB.onlyC.thusD.just小题20:A.remindB.repeatC.recommendD.recall
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 miss each other 的文章

随机推荐