not konwing可以动词可以做主语吗吗

RELATED LINKS
You are in:
> The Teacher
In this episode, The Teacher introduces you to three idiomatic phrases connected with hair.
Hair idioms
1. I let my hair down
2. Keep your hair on
3. I'm tearing my hair out
Video Download Notes
1. These video files are large and can take a long time to download.
2. Click here to find out about
After you've watched the video, why not download the script?
Teacher's homework
When was the last time you let your hair down? Have you ever told someone to keep their hair on? Tell me about a time when you were tearing your hair out.
Send me a sentence or two using these idioms and I'll put my favourites on this page.
Thank you for sending your homework. This topic has now closed.
Sigfrido Martín, Spain
Well, I remember that night I went out with my job colleagues... I really let my hair down... maybe too much because I ended up playing the Stripper!!!
I guess I've already told somebody to keep their hair on, but using a different expression. Anyway, I'm glad I've just learnt this new one, thanx!
Once I was booking a flight on the Internet and, just after thinking twice before going on, I saw how the fares had changed and become more expensive! I was tearing my hair out, aaaagh!!
Betty,China
I'm a student and I always busy doing my endless homework.One day I met a hard one,I thought and thought,but no help,I almost tore my hair out.My mum saw my anxious looking,said'Keep your hair on,just let your hair down!'So,I went out for a walk,and I felt so good!
Saeed Sardari, Iran
I've worked very hard in my job this session and i intent to let my hair down in summer by going to the trip, and after that time i want to keep my hair on at work, because of that my boss cause me tearing my hair out !
Jeong Hyun, Korea
Before our final exams, I was tearing my hair out, but soon it finished, and I let my hair down. But then, when results came, my friend told me to keep my hair on.
ALieN, Korea
When I went on holiday, I went to a party. I let my hair down at the party because it was so nice. But suddenly, two men were fighting. Everyone was tearing their hair out. I also very scared to see them. However, my sister said, "It's just a fight. Keep your hair on." So, I just didn't care about them.
Enteng, Philippines
everytime I let my hair down, someone ask me to keep my hair on only to know that they were referring to my nose hair! so I tore their hair out!;-)
Thanh tran, Vietnam
i met my old friend who had borrowed me 40$ three years ago. i really got angry and yelled at him. that time i could see that he was tearing his hair down he said sorry continously and gave me whole the money borrowed from me. with that money i will let my hair down at weekend at a resort
Orwell, Hong Kong
When I meet my students to discuss their asignments, I may tear my hair out since mostly they haven't read any information about their homework. However, I try my best to let my hair down so as to guide and teach them patiently.
Anna,Poland
I have been argueing with my boyfriend for weeks now,I'm tearing my hair out bacause we can't find any solution and solve the problem,I'm trying to keep my hair on but sometimes it's hard.Maybe a good way to forget about it would be a night out letting our hair down together.
Tuan,VietNam
I am going to have a mid-term test next week.I'm right nervous now although I had spent much time preparing it.I am relly tearing my hair out at the moment.Some of my close friends told me that I can be able to stand that exam and let keep my hair on that's why I must be optimistic Now ^^.Keep moving forward and Never look back !!!
last week i had an important exam and i was tearing my hair out and when the exam was finished
i got so angry because i couldn't answer any questions and my friend said to me keep your hair on
Elsa,Taiwan
I finded out about my boyfriend,Jay,cheated on me wuth another woman.I was angry.Jay explained himself and asked me to keep my hair on.But Jay is a liar,he made up a story for that.I was very upset and tearing my hair out.Finally,I given up on him,and I let my hair down.
Pham Hong Yen, Vietnam
I and my 2 sons are having 3 month summer vacation in Japan.
Generally such a long summer vacation makes kids forget every thing they have learnt when they resume their school. I am tearing my hair down so that at early time getting to Japan I asked them to make schedules and I forced them to study hard every day.
They could not let their hair down they had to study as hard as they did before the tests. My second son tore his hair down to bust into tears and told me "mom, please keep your hair on. We still have long time ahead.
Let's let our hair down for a while."
Eugenio, Italy
When I am not wearing my uniform I like to let my hair down, but every time my wife yells at me: 'be serious, you are a policeman" . "Hei baby! keep your hair on, I there will be time to tear my hair out" kidding I answer.
Patchaya, Thailand
I work as an admin. officer in the Service Division of a company. I found a receiver which had been finished
fixing for a year was not collected by the owner. I decided to call him and ask him to bring it back. when he arrived in my workplace, the technician could not find the receiver. You cannot imagine how much I tore my hair out! I asked my customer to keep his hair on and promised him I would send his receiver in a few days directly to his house.
Abay,Thailand
Last week,I had played with a happy baby I let my hair down.Then the baby felt hungry he cried very loud.I told him to keep his hair on.Unfortunately,he didn't have any hair.So,I was tearing my hair out.
Austin, Nigeria
I tear my hair when Icannot cross the wall, I watch video to let my hair down, sometime my Boss get angry is very difficult to keep his hair on.
Wendy, China
Today is friday,the last working day of the week.My colleagues are very tired ,i said to them to keep their hair on.Tommorrow is saturday and we'll let our hair down. On monday we go back to work and we'll be tearing our hair out.
Yvan France
The Sunday afternoon when I want to let my hair down the dog of the next door neigbours barks, I tear my hair out then my wife says me to keep my hair on.
elena, spain
yesteday, I went out night because I relly need to let my hair out!My sister was very nervous because she saw an accident in front of her, and I can?t keep her hair on!I tearing my har out when I lost my flight to Spain!
Abdellah, Algeria
every weekend i let my hair down and ride the horse but sometimes it wouldn't move from its place so i become very angry and i tear my hair out.in reality keeping your hair on in front of horses is the best way to deal with them
Nallely, Mexico
Yesterday I went with my friend Samia because I let my hair down, but hairdresser didn't stay because was relax day, this is the reason because she tell me today, you keep you hair on, don't worry.
Nirmol, Bangladesh
Sometimes When I saw my boos is giving privilege to one of my colleagues I want to tear my hair out but as advised one of my friend I always try to keep my hair on and when my boss will resign I will let my hair down.
trag, vietnam
i used to let my hair down so my mum was very angry. each time like that, i always toll my mom to keep her hair on. but, sometime she calm down, sometime she wasn't, at that time i was really tearing my hair out
Mohamed Reda, Morocco
I went to the desert, in the south of
Morocco, to let my hair down. Where the nature appears in its more beautiful and delightful look. one day when i was in my tent, my camels ran away so i tore my hear out. Thanks to my friend, he helpeld me to keep my hair on ..
Vladimir, Russia
I never let my hair down. Because, I think that it's not respectable and for me personally it's sign of laziness. But sometimes I let myself to keep my hair on a little bit, but it's very seldom. So, I always try to don't keep my hair on and I never tear my hair out - just cut.
Farooq , Pakistan
When my designing work were tearing hair out then my friend told me keep your hair on. go ahead don't let your hair down.
Chanju, Korea
my mum got mad last night because of some reasons. i told her to keep her hair on. unfortunately, however, she didn't listen to me and it caused me to tore my hair out. anyway, finally she let her down after 1 hour. it was a sort of nightmare.
magesh ,india
i like to keep my hair on,but when i feel want to let hair down that time i do this.
yaxye, somalia
the last time i let my hair down is today,i told someone to keep his hair on at thursday in this weak,i was tearing my hair out when my father got married two months aggo.
Roberto Lumbi, Nicaragua
my wife was so mad last night that when I got home at eleven oclock pm she yelled at me, so I took her to the dinner room and I asked her to keep her hair on, since there was nothing to have a fight about. She agreed but she didnt know that two hours before I tore my hair out when I realized I have lost my wallet with my money, if that had not happened to me, I would have le my hair down this weekend, but now, forget it!!!
ken, vietnam
I often play game when i have free time. Of course, i want to become a winner. So, when game over, i tear my hair out and my friend advises me about keeping my hair on and let my hair down. I follow her advice and become the winner
Seyeun, South Korea
Whenever I want to let my hair down, my boss calls me, and gives me a lot of projects, then I tear my hair out with screaming. However, fortunately, my collegues sometimes make me keep my hair on.
Roberto, Brazil
When I look at my bank account I always tear my hair out, but one day, I'll win a lottery prize, then I'll keep my hair on. But before it happens, I'll meditate and try just let my hair down.
Marisela, Venezuela
Well, I haven't let my hair down for ages but thanks to my teacher because he has made me think that I need to let my hair down right now, I'm going to do it this weekend. About the second question, I have to say that I did tell someone to keep their hair on! this was my neighbour, he was upset as I had noisy in my house, it was late at night and he was very upset, he freaked out. But all ended well. On the other hand, I don't usually like to remember but I tore my hair out when I was in my last year at university, it was horrible. Bye
Marco, Mexico
My nephew is so cool and he's always letting his hair down so all of us laugh so much about it. On the other hand, my best friend gets angry even when I ask him to keep his hair on. Every time he is angry I tear my hair out trying to convince him that it's not worth it.
Sanne, Germany
The last time I let my hair down was last weekend, just like I do it every weekend:) I often tell people to keep their hair on if something happens they?ve not expected, because I?m a calm person who rarely gets angry. And for this reason I?m rarely tearing my hair out, because it doesn?t change anything.
Krish,India
Next week I have a job interview, I am tearing my hair out. My hubby says 'Keep your hair on and let your hair down'.
Min, Korea
Yesterday I had cut my hair. The barber unusually cut my hair. So I tried to let my hair down. But after leaving I felt to tear my hair out.
Usman, Pakistan
Well! I let my hair down when i visited hair dresser last weekened, When i made a mistake then my mom tell to my dad that keep your hair on he's just child. When i watching the cricket match but its a very tricky match and i was tearing my hair out.
Hamideh,Iran
After a business trip I usually go to a calm place and let my hair down but Imagine :sometimes I receive a phone call from my boss asking me to write a report right away.I tearing my hair out.In this kind of situation I try to keep my hair on by listening to the music.
Jose Vietnam.
Since I start marriet I never been
again to let my hair down.Some, day I was on the street and i saw an small accident to a taxi car to another, but the taxi driver was so agry and star to engage on fiting, finaly i need to keep to hair on to. to take control.The fans of the rock music always, was crayed and tearing his hair out, during this event.
Gabriel, Brazil
I'm going to do some exams next week... I'm trying to keep my hair on... BUT I'M TEARING MY HAIR OUT!! :)
Liz, Venezuela
Since the begining of this year I have been trying to take the IELTS, but it was hard to get a place for the test. Two months ago I got so angry that the telephone operator told me to keep my hair on. I relaxed and tried again and surprise! I will take it in two days, but now I am tearing my hair out, I really need to get a 7.5 overall band score with a minimum of 7 in each band score. If I make it I will let my hair down and go to the beach and have a BIG party.
Rebecca,Macao
I tear my hair down when I have to speak in fount of people.Unfortunately ,people often told me to keep my hair on because I always get angry easily.
Arash, Iran
I tore my hair out when I noticed that nobody did your homework from Iran. Anyway, my friend told me to keep my hair on and suggested me to do your homework. As you see I did it and now I let my hair down!
Edwin, Mexico
Im alway planing what to do in theh future, wondering if it will be as i plan. But to do that i have to let my hair down, if i dont then im not in mind. So i tear my hair out when someone break my haring down
Kenny,Dubai
It's extremely difficult to keep your hair on in Dubai facing such deadly hot weather, especially when you are tearing your hair out due to some troubls in your work. But anyway, you still need to let your hair down because this is your life:)
Ahmed , Egypt
I have an interview tomorrow, so i must keeping my hair on today, if i didn't i will tearing my hair down tomorrow, and i will let my hair down for one year.
Hitoshi,Japan
I'm always letting my hair down.And I've been a calm man for ten years.Before that,I had a temper.So I was always tearing my hair out.
Nathawut, Thailand
I know tearing my hair is the worst thing so I always try to keep my hair on when I face various obstacles. Sometime I'm serious in studying and working without letting my hair down.
Himal, Bhutan
Many a times working in Call centre is hectic."Man, You've chosen to work here so keep your hair on" is what I tell myself everytime I feel like tearing my hair out.Today I've let my hair down as there is less calls and m' glad to meet the teacher on the web.
Nazmul,Bangladesh
Actualy i let my hair down sometimes.when i read,listenand writting of IELTS programmes.I am always tearing my hair out before the exam. I am a very boring and stupid man.
Hoai Son,Viet Nam
Sometimes,I have got a lot of exercises of my subjects.If I don't finish them,I'll get bad mark,even I'll have to study them again,so I'M TEARING MY HAIR OUT.At that time,I LET MY HAIR DOWN,may be,running in the park,chatting away my friends,or watching a funny film.And if anything happens to me,like traffic jam,I'll always try to KEEP MY HAIR ON
Aravind, India
I was tearing my hair out for the release of a movie done by my favorite actor Hrithik Roshan. I applied for a sick leave at my office and went to watch the movie on the release date. when my boss came to know about this he was very angry on me and i told him to keep his hair on.
Paulo, Paraguay
I always play with my nephews and let my hair down, but sometimes I am tearing my hair out because they quarrel a lot and I say to them: Hey, keep your hair on.
Marisela, Venezuela
Well, I haven't let my hair down long time ago, but I really thing that I need to let my hair down this very weekend. Of course I've told someone to keep their hair on, especially myself, I hate shouting so I always keep my hair on I'm always calmed I love peace. The time I remember I was tearing my hair out was when I was in my last six months at university, but I think my classmates were tearing their hair out more than me I'm sure of that.
Hyung min, South Korea
Last day, when I was working, I couldn't let my hair down. Cuz one of my senior scolded me for making mistakes. But I had to keep my hair on. It is bad for him, my senior, who is still tearing his hair out from my mistake. Let's go to work. :)
Jord?o, Brazil
Yesterday, I decided not to go to the work I got last month. In other words, I let my hair down. However, my father didn't like the idea of staying at home surfing on the net. He got very angry.Of course I told him to keep his hair on, but it was impossible.
Azmar76, south Kurdustan-Sulaymany
This dry hot summer makes me tearing my hair out,and for three days aweek water never visits our houses to tell us:keep your hair on,but on fourth day evry week water washes our hair and it sings let your hair down with me!!!
Gislaine - Brazil
Keep your hair on, he will be on time for the wedding.
Pawel,Poland
When I really angry I say to myself Pawel keep your hair on and I try to let my hair on by leasening to music.When I wait too long in traffic jam I tear my hair out.
Monika, Poland
A: My car is broken again. I had to go to machanic and I spent a lot of maney reparing it.B: Keep your hair on.
Gosia, Poland
I went to a party last Friday. It was fantastic ! I let my hair down :)
Maya, Poland
I passed all my exams so now I need to let my hair down.
Hey,you can keep your hair on, that is small thing, no need to fight with him.
Maria, Colombia
Since I'm having problems with my husband I often try to let my hair down for a while and he gets so angry that I usually tell him to keep his hair on. I try to act as nothing had happened but the truth is that I'm tearing my hair out.
Hussain,Pakistan
I am waiting
my result, let me my hair down, if a result not in favor of me let me tearing my hair out,, oohhh, why I am so upset, I should keep my hair on.
Carmela Altamirano, Mexico
I'm living in UK since 11 months ago and I have torn my hair out with my english conversation! I just found the right place to improve my english skills at BBC Lerning English and I can keep my hair on, hopefully one day I'll let my hair down chating easy as pay!
yefangfang China
In the past few weeks i was so tried so i decided to let my hair down and have a vacation,but when the boss said there were some urgent things i must back to handle at once ,i just wanted tear my hair out as i just arrived my destination,my boyfriend helped me to keep my hair on.
Yousof Afghanistan
well, at work i've been tearing my hair out during the week, so this weekend i'm gonna let my hair down so as to try to keep my hair on for the time thereafter....may i succeed or wether
Fatih, Turkey
K at last you'll do so then why not at the moment? L you will have to do so when you got extremely exhausted from the stress of everyday life. Do not tear your ha be sure that a problem has not one but two possible solutions.
dave, germany
In the morning I let my hair down by race biking. On Friday I told my chief he should to keep their hair on, because he was angry.On the EM2008 Soccer FINAL-GAME the Germans played so bad football, so that I'm tearing my hair out!
fatma,pakistan
Since two days i was tearing my hair out because of my exams but thank God today i ll let me hair down :) .Exams are freaky man you just can keep your hair on
Michael, Brazil
I lke too much my long hair. But, after i did a job, I must have a haircut. What do i have to do? I believe I am to used to new haircut.
Ahmad, France
I've not a problem with my hair I keep it very short by using the hear clippers to cut.
Mel, Poland
I'm so looking forward to my holiday because I'll be able to let my hair down! At the moment, I'm tearing my hair out over my English lessons. Last time I talked to my ex-boss, I didn't even tell her to keep her hair on. I simply put down the receiver. xD
Vanderlan, Brazil
Before the exam I decided to let my hair down. It would not be worthy tearing my hair out.
Rika,Japan
I tear my hair out when deadlines approadh.So I drink coffee at my office to let my hair down.Our boss sometimes gets angry and it's difficult to keep his hair on.
Jonathan, Perú
When I went to school, I didn't let my hair down, because they had very strict rules, but now I like to keep my hair on, :-)... and, when I'm worried or nervous before exams at San Marcos university, I usually tear my hair out, because its so difficult!.
Lien, Vietnam
I argued with my boy friend and I try to kept my hair on. So I realized that I was wrong
Minh Thu, Viet Nam
My term ended two days ago, so I can let my hair down now. I was really anxious last time with the programe in my university.
when some problem happen at the same time to me I am realy worried and angry but I always talk to myself: keep my hair on
Sylwia, Poland
Recently, I have pass my master degree exam and after that I go for a party and let my hair down. Before that I had been really nervous, studing all nights and tearing my hair out. My mother is my best friend. She always knows what to say, she repeated: Come on, pull yourself together and keep your hair on!
Eliana,Argentina
Since I got married and had two kidsI hardly ever let my hair down,I really miss it a lot!and when my husband notices I'm tearing my hair out, he says softly "honey,please, keep your hair on"
ALI, Heaven
I was letting my hair down when i got the shocking news. I was about to tear my hair out when my friend as me to keep my hair on.
nakasaki, Japan
When I had a girlfriend, I always let my hair down. As time goes by, my ex-girlfreind was getting angry often. I said that please keep your hair on. But she never stopped being angry. so weired.
Valerio, Brazil
The last time that i let my hair down happened whem i was dating a girl that was my co-worker and nobody knew about this romance. Everybody (mans) said to me that was a humdinger girl and i tolerate this attitude until i exploded.
Carolina, Lebanon
Two of my friends in the choir were teachers and they were so tired in the evening after a long working day that they let their hair down during the rehearsals to relieve themselves. I never succeed to keep my hair down when I feel that my human rights are being violated. My late father told me once that a man was tearing his hair out in a football match to such an extent that he moved all the time on his chair and his hands were closed tightly because of too much pressure and stress.
Peggy from Taiwan (R.O.C)
I enjoy my summer vacation in Hawaii now.I really let my hair down. I am going to be a nurse in the future. I think I have to tell my patients to keep heir hair on all the times because anger might harm their health.When I can't find my way home, I'm always tearing my hair out. Having a poor sense of direction has always bothered me.
savitri singh, India
Last week, I was in Fiji where I let my hair down and enjoyed.I told my pushy boss not to be angry and keep his hair on as I will soon complete the report.My mother refused me permission to go on a trip with friends. They left for a gala time and I was left tearing my hair out.
Tin, Viet Nam
When i came back home lately, my sister was worry and angry but i said:" Uyen, keep your hair on, i am going back home early, but my motorbike is decayed". Then i am tearing my hair out why i didnt cell her.
Loeuk Vuthy, Cambodia
I had a mid-term test of my poor subject-Accounting- last week. But my teacher hadn't told us about it yet. I was tearing my hair out: I was afraid that I would have bad points and my father would get angry with me. He never calm down when I told him to keep her hair on. Today, when my teacher announced that I had got the top mark
90/100, I was very glad, and I let my hair down.
jialong,china
some days ago,there was a quarrel between my daughter and i,because she didn't finish her homework very well,i was tearing my hair out,and finally,my wife told me to keep your hair down.
I've been busy this time, in report period and with much thing to do I will not finish report in time so now I am tearing my hair out. :-(.Thanks Mr intellegent Prof!
Jeff Taiwan
One of my friend just came back from his vocation , I believe that he has finished to let his hair down.When he return to his office and saw a lot of documents on his desk , he was totally tearing his hair out.
winter,taiwan
I love to let my hair down during a trip. Looking at the beautiful sky and fantastic landscape also let my hair down. Anyway relax can tell you some truth.
Mia,Taiwan
After working for five years, it was really necessary for me to have a rest. Although I loved this job and my colleagues, I still turned in my resignation in March and decided to let my hair down. I've planned to travel in west-Europe with one of my college classmates since 2007.This was her dreaming trip and it came ture finally! Before we flew out, she was so excited that I often remained her to keep her hair on. But when we arrived at the CDG airport, the situation was totally different. It was my turn to tear my hair out for I almost forgot my french and was getting nervous. Moreover, the airport was too big that we could hardly find a way out.
Jeon, South Korea
I've been letting my hair down in Lodnon since last week. And going to stay 3 more weeks. But after three weeks I will probably tear my hair out because I will have to look for a job in my country.
Carmelo, (Tenerife) Spain
When I was a child, I had long hair, now with the stress I`m bald. But if you think about this problem... you can see a lot of young people with their heads without hair, it is fashion.
Aziza, France (Lebanon)
I am tearing my hair out, I tried in vain to keep my hair on, this knife issn't cutting well. I am going to let my hair down and go out for dinner !
Nariman,Calgary
I always let my hair down, and enjoy talking to my beloved one. Sometimes I feel tearing my hair out when I do not hear about her for more than an hour. When she calls me again, I can keep my hair on!
The other day, after my busy gardening, I decided to let my hair down.
Then I went
shopping and happened to see a customer tearing her hair out while the store manager was trying to keep her hair on.
FredisFrog, China
I am a tutor in an Englsih school, it is a easy job for me, so I always let my hair down during work time. My mother is running a grocery, she is easy to lost her temper, often quarrels with the customers. At beginning, I have attempted to keep her hair on, but always failed. When she was arguing with them, I was tearing my hair out.
Jade, Hong Kong
When I am playing with my kid, I let my hair down.
But when he is naughty and does not listen to me, I would tell myself to keep my hair on and not to tear my hair out because of his misbehaviour.
Zar,united states
I often try to let my hair down,but I hardly can do it. I am a new guy in US so that I was often tore my hair out when I think about my financial issues.Fortunately, some of my friends comfort me and tell me to keep my hair on.
Juri, Russia
If you really want to let your hair down, please take a class of gin, which, by the way, is one of the best products the British Imperium has ever invented. Cheers! But I just wonder what happens if you say 'keep you hair on' to somebody who is completely bald, like me. I could imagine it might sometimes cause situations where others are te))
Murat,Turkey
after my army obligatian i let my hair down :)
slim, slovakia
I let my hair down every night on Friday. My father waits me at the door with his stick so I tell him to keep his hair on. He cries: "You're drunk! I'll tear your hair out!". And I says: "No, don't do that! I'll tear my hair out during Monday's exams at school!"
Marcelo, Brazil
In Brazil, Carnival is when Brazillians let their hair down but like the contries people are always stressfull with the modern life style and always are tearing their hair out. So, you must in most cases to keep your hair on in order to live a happy life.
Goldendragon, New Zealand
I never let my hair down after going to university, but I am always tearing my hair out before the exam. I am a very boring and stupid man.
Krysia. Poland
It is not so easy to let your hair down when all the time you are stressed and still you have to keep your hair on. So, now I am tearing my hair out to be able to let my hair down:)
Farzana,Pakistan
Whenever I fail to connect to internet as soon as I want , I start tearing my hair out.
Nawaz,Pakistan
When a person misbehaved with my teacher infront of me I got angry but my teacher said to me its fine! and to keep my hair on
Tahira,Pakistan
I cant let my hair down because I want to get admission in M.Ed. at AKU-IED.
Hussain,Pakistan
Yesterday, I recevied feedback on my assignment from my teacher I came to know my assignment was not good at that moment I wasnt able to do anything except tearing my hair out. Later she encouraged me to try my best and let my hair down.
Yaqoob,Pakistan
When a common man comes to know about the high prices of commodities he starts tearing his hair out.
Shamsa,Pakistan
Tomorrow is the result day of my children and I have started tearing my hair out already
Saeed,Pakistan
My friend always stay in a state of anger,I try my best so that he keeps his hair on but he never acts upon my advice.
Danijela,Serbia
People tell me i'm always calm and they ask me how to keep their hair on in some delicate situations.The answer : singing the Beatles's song "Let it be"will help you to let your hair down, but you must not forget that love struggles against "tearing your hair out". Homework done, my dear teacher!!!
Angela, Taiwan
I always let my hair down. Maybe it is too often that sometimes my mother begin to tear her hair out and I am like ... "yo,sis, keep your hair on, it is nothing. I'll do whatever you asked later." Then, she yells and it is my turn to tear my hair out.
Fabio, Brazil
I always try to let my hair down even when
i am working.But some people use to tear my hair out with their behaviour.So i ask them to keep their hair on.
Roggerio, Brazil
my fellow, I think that to be horrible a long hair like that. it
have fleas, ticks and others insets
Feyza, Paris
During these hot, irritating summer days, i've decided to do nothing but sit at home and watch some series which i wasn't able to watch during school term. Don't you think that letting your hair down for a while is the best thing to do just before school starts? Mum agrees with me and supports me saying: "Keep your hair on, sweetheart." Since she's sure i'll be tearing my hair out when classes start and i'll have to wake up too early again! Good Grief!
Rodrigo, Brazil
At last month I began to tear my hair out because I lost my job.Then I decided to travel for long time then in northest from brazil I let my hair down ...So now Im ask to all of my friend to keep their hairs on because Im working again !
Elio, Nicaragua
Every Day I wake up earlier in the morning for workout. Suddenly I tear my hair out. My wife tells me to keep my hair on, there's a enough time. Once I Finished a let my hair down.
Marek, Czech Republic
My work experience is, that on Friday afternoon I let my hair down, but in contrast on Monday I?m tearing my hair out, what was happend during weekend. But finally every time I tell myslef - keep my hair on.
Mariana, Bucharest, Romania
Today, my boss was very annoyed but I said: Mariana, keep your hair on! The only role of the boss is to annoy employs.
Inma, Spain
I hate it when I'm tearing my hair out and somebody tells me: "keep your hair on". Then, I get home and try to let my hair down reading a good book.
Pawan, India
when i let my hair down in job assigned to me then i told sir to keep his hair on, now when promotion is near i am tearing out my hair.
Anna, Brazil
At this moment I'm tearing my hair out because my English fiance is coming to Brazil to propose. He can't speak portuguese so I'll traslate what he will say.
HyoJung Cho, Korea
I was tearing my hair out after hearing from Jack that the final exam was today. Later on, I found out he was pulling my leg, so I could keep my hair on and went for a cup of tea to let my hair down.
Breaca, Paris
Every day my boss is angry and if i tell her to keep her hair on she becomes histerics. So what to do ? I don't mind, I always let my hair down. Otherwise we both tearing our hair off. And I don't want that, especially for me, I'm cool...
Wee Su Lin, Korea
Before my exam, I didn't study. Soon there was only one day left to study. Suddenly I started to tear my hair out. My friends told me to keep my hair on. After my exam finished, I let my hair down.
Najeeb, Bahrain
I'm potatocouch and always let my hair down while watching TV.One day my wife saw me looking at a
gorgeous girl on TV.She couldn't stand that, then she stared screaming and shouting at me,but I was keeping my hair on and said to her"please don't loose your temper.She replayed me "frankly,I'm tearing my hair out" then said " she loves me too much" I replyed her" so do I my dear"
Young, South Korea
Today early morning I couldn't find out the CD which I had to get it back to school library by today. I felt like I am tearing my hair out because I rememberd I just put it on my desk. But I tried to calm down so I could hear that Keep your hair on from my mind. Finally, I could feel relax when I found that it was in my back.It wasn't so fun for me to pick it up in my back. So I decided that I shouldn't let my hair down especially about organizing my stuff before keaving my home.
Tim, Germany
nice video clip,because i understood everything.although my E).So I enjoyed it laughing about an English video.If ur teacher gives us exaples like this one in our lesson,i would take part.. xD
Ban, Iran + UAE
I really would love to let my hair down and enjoy this summer but I'm tearing my hair out as non of my friends are here and I'm so bored and don't care to do anything, Well, I guess I have to find someway to keep my hair on, Mmmm, I think spending more time in BBC esp Teacher site can be a good way :).
Ali, Turkey
Recently I have been studying hard for a exam finished now and I let my hair down .I am tearing my hair down because of simple mistakes on the examination paper. Friends of mine say to me keep my hair on.
Angela, Costa Rica
The last time I let my hair down was a long time ago, about 3 years ago in my birthday I enjoy my self very much.I've always been telling my sister to "keep her hair on", she`s allways angry.Yesterday i was tearing my hair out, because I get angry with my husband and he didn?t let me expres my self the way I wanted.
Donna, Korea
I let my hair down finally, after working hard. Because I am on long vacation, I gave a birth on last June. I'm so happy. Although I cant get my salary while holyday, at least, I can be with my baby. When I knew that there wasnt salary, I was tearing out my hair out.
Teymur, Azerbaijan
I am in the same opinion with Turkish citizen Ozlem. Also when we were watching Turkish matches, we were tearing our hair out as a whole family. But we must keep our hair on. Because Turkey team always makes glad us in last minutes.
Cristina, Argentina
I always let my hair down at the weekends. When my husband is a bit nervous I say to him "keep your hair on darling".I used to tear my hair out before doing exams.
Hila,Saudi
I am always trying to let my hair down but last week my boss gave me a hard task from which I am tearing my hear out.In fact,as soon as I finished it yesterday I keep my hair on with a nice party.
Sarah,Tunisia
This year, I pass my baccalauriat exam and
i tear my hear out because of the exams!!!But finally i decide to keep my hear down and to relax and i succeed!!
Marco, Peru
It's so funny. Learning in this way is wonderfull
Asmaa, Morocco
One day i felt bored, so i decided to let my hair down, then I went out with my firends without telling my mother. As we spent a funny moment I didn't care about time. I bode with them till 2am. Once returned back
to home my mother was too angry. I asked her to keep her hair on. But she decided to punish me , she didn't allow me to go out for one week.I spent 7 days at home tearing my hair out.
Daniel, Brazil
When I started my lessons on english, I think that I could let my hair down, but in the end I almost teared my hair out. Fortunately, my friend help me to keep my hair on.
Rudi, Brazil
Once, during a staff meeting I started feeling up set, because I over heard someone say: I gibe a damn about this problem. Then when I tried to object him, a friend of mine said in low voice let your heir down. At first I didn't grasp the meaning of this phrasal verbs, but looking at the context I could figure it out that he wanted me to calm down.
David, Colombia
I always let my hair down, my parents have
been mat at me because of that, so I have told them keep your hair from now to the rest my live I will be serious man. right now I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to do that.
In summer vacation I always let my hair down but when school will be started my parents say keep your hair on!
Today I decided to leave working hard and let my hair down to learn some English words. As usual, I came to BBC Learning English. Now, I feel fantastic, I am tearing my hair out by seeing this fantastic clip. Because now, I know a fabulous expression to tell to many people everyday, when they shout! KEEP Your Hair On!!!!
Afrah, Pakistan
i was tearing my hair out before my mathematics exam.i let my hair down but my friend told me to keep my hair on as it was not the end of the world
Bambi, Vietnam
Work has been very busy for me but it is the weekend so I have decided to let my hair down.My mom was very angry when my brother did not do well at school so I told her to keep her hair on and spend more time with my brother helping him understand his lessons at school.The WorldCup's matches were so tense that I kept tearing my hair out while watching them.
James, Taiwan
It was not easy to keep my hair down as I failed on the important exams this week, I felt like tearing my hair out. But I let my hair down and prepare the following exam.
Raj, India
last year in december when i had my cwa papers i worked very hard.i did'nt
let my hair down.finally when my result was about to be declared i was tearing my hair,fortunately i cleared itwith the first division.
Jojo, Germany
I'm tearing my hair out, because my husbund is going to be operated on next week. Actually it is a small operation under a general anaesthetic. But this is my first encounter with such action. My husbund is very cool and told me to keep my hair on. He also promised to go abroad on vacation when he has recovered from the operation. I hope i can let my hair down then.
Ana Paula, Brazil
Hi Teacher! I've thought you're William's twin brother. You're looking just like him with your hairy style :-). Anyway, at my work I have to tell all the time to my colleagues to keep their hair on. People there are very stressful therefore, any little thing is the reason for arguing. Well, because of this I can't wait for September, when I'm going to take my holidays and I'll let my hair down for a while. Best wishes, Ana Paula.
Thao Nguyen, Vietnam
When my sister failed the final exam, which meant she had to learn for 1 more year at school while all her friends graduated and entered the university, she felt really depressed. And the first thing I told her when I saw her tears falling down is "keep your hair on, sister, and never give up. I believe in you ". I then advised her to let her hair down and start again. It's never too late to turn over a new leaf.
Nady, Algeria
since i get married i was tearing my hair out because my hasbond was in french ans i in algeria and my freinds advise me de keep my hair on. but when the embassy convene me and i get the visa so i let my hair down
Subra, Malaysia
In the last month when i am working on a bank project to provide the solution on .net by integrating few third party tool solutions
i tear my hair out , when we are moving closer to the project live date.
Myron , China
The last time I completely let my hair down was when I went to the UK with ten of my students for an exchange programme. We let our hair down by by visiting many places of interest in London. I usually keep my hair on by reading my favourite books again and again. Of course, when I watch a table-tennis match between China and Korea, I'm often tearing my hair out,because Korea is a stong rival to Chinese team.
Thanh Hai , VietNam
when I was at my university I always did homework. One day I felt tired and decided to let my hair down. The day after I went to class in bad mood and unfortunathely the teacher checked my finishing homework and of course consequentlyI was punished by being on duty all week. Since then I always finish my tasks.whenever I see people who are quareling I tell them keep their hair on.people say I am the kind of person who is very easy to be angry with. Indeed, I also think it's true. you know I like put every thing randomly in my room and I hate some one to put them in order. When it comes I always become mad. Once, my mother came in my room while I was out. Of couse she cleaned up my room and reorder everything. After that I was back home and couldn't find the essay which had took me much time to finish. Moreover I do not like writing essay and couldn't remember annything about the essay I wrote. so you can magine how I felt at that time. But I must tear my hair out.
Shirley,China
The exam was coming and I was studying around the clock...'Could you just let your hair down for a while? Let's have a drink together.' Katy,my roommate,suggested.'Can't you see I've tons of notes waiting for me to revise. I'm tearing my hair out now. How could you possibly ask me out for a drink?'I barked.'Keep your hair on baby. You will surely be fine. I'm now going to fetch you a cup of coffee and after that I'll go out for a drink with Harry.'Katy's soothing words just make me feel guilty...I mumbled,'Sorry, I think I'm a bit over-reacted...' Katy gave me her most gorgeous smile and left the room.'You are my bestfriend ever.'
Hoa, Vietnam
When a young girl went out in a summer night her mother was tearing her hair out.The girl called by cell her mother "keep your hair on, mum. I'm in the lakeside caffe with my friends. I just want to let my hair down".
Le, Vietnamese
Yesterday, after working hard I decided to let my hair down by going to bookshop to buy some English books.Unfortunaly, when I paid money the shop assitant said thay it was false money. I was very angry but afterward I try to keep my hair on and explained that I had just taken money from ATM. Finally, she said that she could not recieve my money and I relly tore my hair out
Paola, Italy
It is very nice of our teacher to let his hair down and use some hair to teach us a few useful idiomatic expressions. I should take it as an example. Try to be funnier to teach students is a good way for a teacher to keep their hair on. That's what my colleagues suggest me. I always tear my hair out before starting a class.....
Seulkee, Malaysia
I'm tearing my hair out now, because tomorrow I have a big audition. Although I want to let my hair down, I keep my hair on. So I can be ready to audition.
JOEL, KOREA
Last year, when my school had a spelling contest, I practised very hard to get a prize. I worked so hard that my parents told me to let my hair down. After the contest, the judges seleted the best. I was tearing my hair out. But they didn't call my name. I was so angry, so my friend told me to keep my hair on as there was another chance.
As a teacher while I'm telling my students to keep their hair on when they are learning new English Grammar, I'm tearing my hair out inside to make then understand the grammar... :D
Papyrut, Viet Nam
I've just graduated from school, and i want to get a job but it's hard than i expected , i'm tearing my hair out, I'm really worried about my future, one of my friends says i need to keep my hair on and let my hair down , Tell me, what'll i have to do?
Maggie, China
I let my hair down in the summer holidys which will last for two months. Just now, the boss called me to go back to school. I'm tearing my hair out. Something wrong with my work? I try to keep my hair on, but it doesn't work.
my boss is very strict, but sometimes he let his hair down and take us all for a pizza. one day i had huge row with one of my collegue, but my boss told me to keep my hair on and sort things out.
sometimes in the meeting we all argue so much i feel like tearing my hair out.
I am a very strict mum but I do let my hair down sometimes with kids. the other day My boss was very annoyed, because I was late. I explained my situation and told him to keep his hair on. The final match was so intense I was tearing my hair out.
Anh, Vietnam
I was so angry with him, and he said " keep your hair on" and i was tearing my hair out. Finally, I decided to let my hair down.
Eve,Taiwan
I met something unfair on my work so I quitted my job to keep my hair on.And by the chance I can let my hair down.But,after a long time rest,I tored my hair out because my money ran off.Now,I must to find a new job!!
Swaty,Thailand
Because our work concerned with legal issues, so many of my colleagues are always worried about the right answer to the cases. Hence, I often tell them that to let their hair down. But when the time has come for them to go to the court, they are very exciting that they must stand in the trial. Again I must consult them and tell them to keep their hair on. However, when it comes to the final dicision, and the court rules out the we win the case. Then the opponent starts tearing his hair out.
Aytac Iscan,Turkey
When we join to the international fair abroad we are getting an order from our foreign clients across the world and I usually use the new terms of payment in which, we do not use it and my boss all the time seems that he is tearing his hair out. He said, "if we can not get our payment in that new your method so how do you feel?" I said, "please keep your hair on." After we come back to our country of the exhibition, I let my hair down with my daily jobs.
Leyla, Turkey
Last weekend, I have gone to a party with my close friends. I have need to forget all my troubles of my life. Because, I was stressed after a long and very hard work season. I and my friends let our hair down. We all enjoyed ourselves during all night. But I have never noticed that time has gone quickly and I had to come back my home by myself. Because nobody wanted to come with me. They wanted to stay at party. I have felt so lonely. It was too diffucult for me. While I wait for a taxi to come back my home, I was tearing my hair out. When I have arrived my home, I asked how much money i have paid to taxi driver. He wanted much more money as I never thought. I was angry with him. I asked why it was too expensive. He answered me. 'Keep your hair on madam. It is not expensive. Just it is after midnight and you have pay much more money for that'. Anyway I didn't say him anything else. Then I came back home and slept until afternoon.
Minh, Vietnam
This week, I had to move out, having many thing to finish ,
I was tearing my hair out but I tried to keep my hair on. And now, when weekend is coming, it's the time to let my hair down.
Amir,Shahrood,Iran
once when I was angry my father told me when you are angry keep your hair on and not to make argument and fight.
?zlem , Turkey
While we were watching Euro 2008 matches, we were tearing our hair out as a whole family.
Nana, Taiwan
Last year I went abroad on vacation with my friend for I had been worked so hard in the entire year, we decided to let our hair down. Everythings was so perfect in the journey until the last day we should take a plane to come home. I forgot to confirm my airline tickets, and we didn't notice till we got the airport. We were told there were no seats for us. Suddenly my brain went blank and could't say anything. The receptionist told us that we could wait in line for standby - that kept our hair on a bit. Unfortunately, we waited and waited still couldn't get our standby tickets. In the end, we were tearing our hair out when we heard we had to wait to get tickets after three day.
Fatiha, Algeria
Every year when i finished my exams i made a party with my friends to let my hair down, because in those days i mean the exams'days we all got angry and we couldn't keep our hair on. Just after the exams, am always tearing my hair out if there is a football much with Italy really I love this team so much.
Nami, Japan
I faced to an interview. I was waiting for result. My husband said, keep your hair on. Finally company announced I was not selected I am tearing my hair out.
Gulhan Nabieva, Germany
I let my hair down and i didn't went to my work. My Boss was tearing his hair out, I told him please keep your hair on.
David Nicolau Tous, Spain
I hate moving in cabs. I don't like to give tips. You know, cabdrivers charge you so much for a ride !!!. Even so, they always tear their hair out for a tip before you leave the cab. And although I let my hair down and make some joke while I am waiting for them to give me the change, I always have to keep their hair on after they notice I won't give any tip.
Polly, Taiwan
My job that need more concentrate on it.sometimes,when the cutday is coming.I'm always tearing my hair out.but I think it harmful to my health.so I have to do some exercise to let my hair down.
Angela, United Arab Emirates
I'm going to have my vacation in China, My boyfriend from Lebanon is keen to go together with me as he wants to see how great China is. When I told him I will not take you with me this time, he was tearing his hair out and I try to explain the reason to keep his hair on.
Rajesch, Germany
well, at work i've been tearing my hair out during the week, so this weekend i'm gonna let my hair down so as to try to keep my hair on for the time thereafter....may i succeed!!!!
Javier Vallestero, Spain
I'm trying to keep my hair on because I'm getting a bit too thin on top. I used to let my hair down all the time but it's starting to go all the way down to the floor. I suppose I'm not spring chicken any more and it is getting ever more difficult for me to tear my hair out.
Vasily, Russian Federation
I let my hair down and took a trip to Mediterranean sea afer my summer's exams completion.I was learning English and wasn't working when my supervisor came to my room. He became very angry. And I said: 'Keep your hair on. I have made all my work for today'.After it was said by mistake or something else that I hadn't pass to postgraduate studies I became very angry and nervous that I was tearing my hair out.
Le Ngo Anh Cat, VietNam
The 2008 university entrance examination is nearly finished, and I have some words To all students: "Don't tear your hair out because of these exams"To failed students: "Do not angry with your-self, keep your hair on as there are many other chances in your lives"To new university freshmen, "Congratulation !!! Let your hair down a bit after the tough exam papers"
Bruno, Brazil
I teared my hair out when i started to study to pass the bar examination to work as a lawyer in Brazil, but at the moment i started the test i kept my hair on and i did a great exam!
Nhung, Viet Nam
One day I came to my office early and found my boss tearing his hair out among a mess of documents. There's no doubt that he was there all night. I wonder why he has to do so while the life outside has a lot of things which can let his hair down. I've once heard that he is a stressful devil at home. No one dare to make him angry as once it happens, keeping his hair down is impossible. He is unable to balance between work and life and considers his family as a place to release his stress.
Nguyen Trong Hieu, VietNam
After my study for the most important test in my life, the test for me to go to the greatest school in HaNoi! And I pass, of course, with my genius head, nothing is impossible. But, when I studying, I have to learn 20/24 hours, I was so tired. So I decide to let my hair down, but I can't. My father force me to learn more! I cannot have any peace! So, I was completely angry, and I broke a plate! So, my father plan on a trip for me to go to the park, to keep my hair on, after all, he knew that I worked very hard for that exam. When I play the video games, It was very hard! I try and try and try and try and try... 100 times, but I cannot manage to do it. I was tearing my hair out, I give up!
Jola, Poland
I'm tearing my hair out before school-leaving exam. My mum advise me to stop worried about it, but I know that I let my hair down not until next May..;-)
My husband behavior is really serious and solemn. When I blame him and encourage him to let his hair down, he will be angry. Sometimes I recommend him to keep his hair on. While he is so calm person, I love his aggressive character. It is so tense. So in that case I tear my hair out.
Abel,Ethiopia
When I was freshman student,I used to study so hard that I had nothing to tear my hair out about my GPA.But afterward I began to let my hair down which consequently caused my grades to deminish.Now I am so angry with that,when I think of it,and can't keep may hair on.
Kleo, South Korea
I've been tearing my hair out for several days as oil prices are soaring and the exchange rate is getting worse. Sometimes I can't keep my hair on whenever I think I might have to cancel my overseas trip next month, planned long time ago. I'd probably better not think about it and let my hair down tonight.
Hadi Habib,UAE
As i let my hair down and didn't did my home work. my teacher was tearing his hair out, I told him Please keep you hair On.
Yeri Ekomunajat, Indonesia
I got a trouble with my neigbour, a village thug. I have falsely accused him of stealing my TV. He got so furious. I can't keep his hair on. I'm tearing my hair out when I feel he is waiting for the right time to take revenge. However, recently, I can let my hair down when I learn that he cannot protect my other neighbours from the threat of other thugs. I feel so relieved to know that he is just a petty thug with little power.
Thu Ha, Vietnam
-You're always getting bad marks! When will you study seriously?- Oh, mom! Keep you hair on! I just play a
little bit and let my hair down this semester. Don't worry! I'll have summer holiday and sto-)
Nihal, Egypt
The Teacher is such a workaholic that I know he never lets his hair down before uploading the video to us, students. Because he's a very interesting intelligent young man, he's EXTREMELY patient with us, I never saw him keeping his hair on as we make mistakes! I know he keeps tearing his hair out, waiting for our comments so here's mine.
Nguyen Huyen, Vietnam
On the wedding day of Michael, a small mouse, his fiancee, Mary is
"what's the matter, honey?" Michael asks. "Michael, on the way to the church we must go by Mick's house, a fierce cat. Surely, he won't skip this chance to catch us" Mary replies, "haha, so we can go together to the paradise to present in front of god" Michael says. Don't let your hair down, be more serious" Mary cries. "ok, keep your hair on, Mary. I sent him a ticket to Hawaii, and now he lets his hair down on the beach".
Khanh Ngan, Vietnam
Last week, I had a mid-term test. But our teacher hadn't told us about it yet. I was tearing my hair out: I was scared that I would have bad mark and my mother would get angry with me. She never calm down when I told her to keep her hair on. Today, when my teacher announced that I had got the top mark - 20/20, I was very happy. And I let my hair down.
Do Anh Vu, Viet Nam
Gloria, the small penguin, founds her friend, Mumble, tearing his hair out. She comes to him and asks: "Keep your hair on, Mumble. What happened?". "I don't know how the hell could I forget my mom's 30th birthday! I missed it yesterday!". "Don't worry, my friend, bring her some fish and we can let our hair down. I believe you are the first one who cheer her 31th birthday!"
Syndication Links

我要回帖

更多关于 konwing 的文章

随机推荐