求翻译一句话i reached todeep within me for those special

当前位置: &
求翻译:I reachd deep within me for those special feelings that had made up our friendship是什么意思?
I reachd deep within me for those special feelings that had made up our friendship
问题补充:
对于那些特殊的感情,取得了我们的友谊,我reachd在我深
我在我reachd深为那些特别感情了,我们的友谊
正在翻译,请等待...
我在我更深,这些特殊的感情,我们之间的友谊所作的 reachd
对于那些特殊的感情,取得了我们的友谊,我reachd在我深
我来回答:
参考资料:
* 验证码:
登录后回答可以获得积分奖励,并可以查看和管理所有的回答。 |
我要翻译和提问
请输入您需要翻译的文本!大学综合教程第一册Unit 1-海文库
全站搜索:
您现在的位置:&>&&>&英语学习
大学综合教程第一册Unit 1
Unit 1 Never Say GoodbyeText Comprehension Language Work Note-writing Dictation Text ComprehensionPre-reading ? Main idea ? Theme ? Structural analysis ? Questions ? Extension? Pre-reading? Describingfeelings ― Have you ever been away from somewhere or someone (some people) you love? How did you feel when you were going to be away from… for good / for some time? ?How did the writer of the text describe his feelings (1) when he was going to move from the house where he had lived for a long time? (2) when his grandpa died and left him forever?C C C C C C C was suddenly confronted with…(anguish…) (L1) (sat)… alone (L4) shudder(ing) (L5) tears welled up from (my heart / in my eyes) (L5) looked at …(the flower), not knowing what to say,…(L18) All I could think of was that… (L30-31) Remembering… (Grandpa’s words), I reached deep within me for those special feelings (that had made up our friendship) / I tried to bring back to my mind… (the joy and the happiness that I had shared with him). (L50-51) Main idea?What is this narration / narrative text about?C This piece of narration is the author’s recall of the most important and unforgettable experiences ― his moving from an old house and his grandpa leaving him forever when he was between 10 and 12. Theme?What is the message of the text? / What does the author wants to tell us through the text?C The text conveys the message that we should never give in to bitterness or sadness, that we should always be firm and strong-willed, and that we should always remember the joyful and happy events of life and cherish people we love. Structural analysis????The story is related in a chronological order with a flashback in the middle part. (1) Paras. 1 C 4: the problem the author was confronted with ― hard to overcome the sadness as the moment of moving from the old house drew near (2) Paras. 5 C 13: the author’s grandpa’s narration of his sad experience of the loss of his eldest son during the war to illustrate how one can overcome the sad feeling resulting from the loss of someone dear to him ― by recalling not the moment of parting but the happy times spent together (3) Paras. 14 C 20: the way the author behaved when confronted with the loss of his grandpa and his understanding of what his grandpa had taught him QuestionsParas. 1 C 4: 1. Why was the author seized with the anguish of moving from his home? 2. What do you know about the author’s home mentioned in the beginning? 3. Why did the author shudder and shed tears when the final day came? 4. Why did his grandfather advise him not to use the word Dgoodbye‖ to friends?? Paras. 5 C 13: 5. Why did the author’s grandfather take him to see the rosebush in the front yard? 6. What did the author’s grandfather mean by saying Dit isn’t just the roses that are beautiful, Billy. It’s that special place in your heart that makes them so.‖? 7. Why did the author’s grandfather plant those roses? 8. What kind of advice did the author’s grandfather offer in Para. 13?? Paras. 14 C 20: 9. Why did the author’s grandfather want his bed to be next to the window? 10. Why was the family summoned to the old house? 11. What do you think of the parting between the author and his grandfather? 12. How did the author respond to his grandfather’s death?? Extension?Find a poem / song / story that describes the feelings of parting and share it with your classmates. Language WorkWords and Expressions ? Sentences ? Grammar? Words and Expressions? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?confront anguish shudder well (up/out) rest on/upon/against have sth. in common look into give in to lock sth. away part bring back summon ?L1. confront v. (1) to be faced with a meet 面临, 面对,遇到 e.g. We must confront the future with optimism. He prepared answers to the questions he expected to confront during the interview. *be confronted with/by 面临,面对,碰上 e.g. The actress was confronted by a large group of reporters as she left the stage door. Customers are confronted with a bewildering amount of choice. All the programs will be confronted with great difficulties at the start. 所有的项目刚开始时总会遇到很大的困难。 *if a problem, difficulty etc. confronts sb., it appears and needs to be dealt with 出现在… 面前 (以任务、困难等名词作主语) e.g. The problems confronting the new government were enormous. New tasks now confront the teachers and the students. (2) to deal with something very difficult or unpleasant in a brave and determined way 勇敢面对,对抗,正视 e.g.We try to help people confront their problems. They have confronted the problem of terrorism with great determination.*confront sb. with sth.: to force sb. to deal with or accept the truth of sth.; bring face to face with 使不得不面对,使 正视,使对质 (passive: be confronted with) e.g.I confronted him with my suspicions, and he admitted everything. When the police confronted her with the evidence, she admitted that she was guilty. When (she was) confronted with the evidence of her guilt, she confessed. ?L1. anguish n. very great pain and suffering, esp. of the mind (精神上的)极度痛苦e.g.She was in anguish over her missing child. The anguish of not knowing the truth was almost unbearable. Lear, a broken, confused old man, died in anguish.李尔王,这位身心交瘁、精神恍惚的老人在痛苦 中死去。*anguished adj.anguished C An ________ look appeared on her face. ?L5. shudder v. to shake uncontrollably for a moment 发抖,颤抖,战栗 e.g. I shudder to think how big the bill will be. I shudder with terror whenever I think about it. She shuddered at the sight of the dead body. 她一看到那具尸体就不寒而栗。 cf. shake shudder: vi. It suggests a more intense shaking, which is less noticeable to an onlooker. shake: vt.& vi. It suggests sth. that is done to as well as by a person or object.shudder C People still _______ at the thought of that terrible earthquake. C The tree branches were shaking in that sudden gust of _______ wind. ?L5. well (up/out) ― to start to flow (液体)涌出 e.g.Blood welled (out) from the cut. She was so moved that tears welled (up/forth/out) in her eyes. *if a feeling wells or wells up in you, you start to feel it strongly e.g. Sympathy welled up in her for him. Anger welled up within him. ?L5. rest on/upon/against ― to be supported by 搭着,靠着,支撑 e.g. Rest your head on my shoulder. He rested his elbows on the table and leaned forward. Their bikes were resting against the wall. His hopes rest on the leader. 他的希望全寄托在领导者的身上。 Our policy should rest on the basis of selfreliance. 我们的政策要建立在自力更生的基础之上。 ?L12. have sth. in common ― to share the same quality or interest 有共同之处 *in common ― shar having the same interest, attitudes, etc. 共同的 e.g. I found I had a lot in common with these people. The two games have much / nothing in common. In common with most young people I hate getting up early in the morning. 和大多数年轻人一样,我也讨厌一早起床。 L13. look into (1) to look at sth. in a certain direction 朝某方向看 e.g. I crouched beside him and looked into his wild eyes. It is helpful for pupils not to have to look into bright light. 非必要不要朝着亮光看对瞳孔是有好处的。 (2) to examine the meaning or causes of 调查研究 e.g. Police are looking into the disappearance of two children.?cf. L10. stare off into: stop watching sth. andlook at sth. else steadily ?L32. give in (to…) ― to accept that you are defeated 屈服(于…),(向…)投降e.g. The two boys fought until one gave in to the other. We will never give in to terrorist demands. She was determined not to give in to despair. cf. give up give up: to stop trying to do sth. give in: to admit that you have been defeated by sb./sth. ?L35. lock sth. away ― to put in a safe place to keep sth. secret 把某物锁藏起来,封存起来e.g.We locked all our valuables away before we went on holiday. Make backup copies of your data, and lock them away. *lock sth. away within sb. ― keep sth. in one’s mind and never forget it You should not shed tears but lock your sorrow away within yourself. 你不应当流泪,而应当把忧伤深埋心中。 ?L36. part v. to b to separate 分开,分离,离别 e.g. I hope that we part as friends / remain friends as we part. The war parted many men from their families. The crowd parted to let him through. They were hardly ever parted in thirty years of marriage. 结婚这三十年间他们几乎从未分开过。 No child should be parted from his parents by force. 不应该强迫孩子与父母分开。 The sunlight flooded the room when he parted the curtains. 他拉开窗帘,屋里顿时充满了阳光。 ?part from: to separate from, to go away from e.g. She has parted from her husband. (= She and her husband have parted.) All of a sudden the front of the building parted from the rest and fell like a breaking wave into the street. ? part with: to give sth. to sb. else unwillingly or to stop having it yourself (不情愿地)放弃,舍弃, 出让 e.g. Despite his poverty, he refused to part with the family jewels. The man parted with his gold medal to pay for his son’s education. ?L37. bring back ― to make sb. remember sth., to cause to return to mind 使记起,使 回忆起 e.g. Hearing the song brings back some happy memories. Seeing her again brought all sweet memories back. The photos brought back some wonderful memories. ?L41. summon v.(1) to tell or request sb. to come 召唤,召集 e.g.He was summoned to (attend) an emergency meeting. Summon the pupils together in the school hall.*summon a meeting/conference ― to arrange for a meeting to take place and order people to come to itHe summoned a meeting of business leaders.(2) to make a feeling, an idea, a memory, etc. come into your mind 唤起,使想起 e.g.The book summoned up memories of my childhood. (3) to force (a particular quality) to come as if from deep inside oneself, in an attempt to do sth. 发挥出(某品性)来 做某事,鼓起,鼓足… e.g. They summon (up) their courage for the battle. I had to summon (up) all my nerve to face my boss. I can’t summon up much enthusiasm for the project. ?L47. move on (1) (to order) to go away to another place (使) 离开e.g. “Come along, sir, move on,” said the policeman. The drunk was annoying people, so the policeman moved him on. (2) to change to sth. different or new 更换(话题,工 作等) e.g. I think we’ve talked about let’s move on. I enjoyed my job, but it was time to move on. Before we move on, does anyone have any questions? Sentences (paraphrase/rewriting)? ? ? ????? ??L2-3. My whole life, brief as it was, had been spent in that big house, gracefully touched with the laughter and tears of four generations. L20-21. It’s that special place in your heart that makes them so. L22-23. I planted these roses a long, long time ago ― before your mother was even a dream. L30-31. All I could think of was that the last thing I said to him in his life was goodbye. L32-33. Don’t ever give in to the sadness and the loneliness of that word. I want you to remember instead the joy and the happiness of those times of that word. L34-36. Take that special hello and lock it away within you ― in that place in your heart where summer is an always time. L36-37. When you and your friends must part, I want you to reach deep within you and bring back that first hello. L43. When it came to my turn, I noted how tired he looked. L49-50. I was standing by his rosebush when an uncle came to tell me that my grandfather had died. L50-51. Remembering Grandpa’s words, I reached deep within me for those special feelings that had made up our friendship. ?L2-3. My whole life, brief as it was, had been spent in that big house, gracefully touched with the laughter and tears of four generations.C C C C brief as it was: although it was brief (short) gracefully: in an attractive way be touched with: have a certain amount of a quality laughter and tears: happiness and sadness, joys and sorrowsI spent my childhood, although it was so short, in that big house, in which four generations had lived harmoniously and experienced both happiness and sadness. I spent all my time, although it was so short, in that big house, which had seen/witnessed the joys and sorrows of the four generations of my family. ?L20-21. It’s that special place in your heart that makes them so.C It is/was … that…: an emphatic structureWhat makes them so beautiful is nothing but that special place in your heart.?L22-23. I planted these roses a long, long time ago ― before your mother was even a dream. I planted these roses a long, long time ago ― before we thought about having a daughter / long before your mother was born. ?L30-31. All I could think of was that the last thing I said to him in his life was goodbye.C all I could think of: all that / what I could think ofThe only thing that I could remember was that, before he left for the war, I said goodbye to him, and these were the last words I said to him in his life.?L32-33. Don’t ever give in to the sadness and the loneliness of that word. I want you to remember instead the joy and the happiness of those times of that word. Instead of being overcome by the sadness and the loneliness of that word, I want you to remember the joy and the happiness of those times of that word. ?L34-36. Take that special hello and lock it away within you ― in that place in your heart where summer is an always time. Remember that special hello and keep it to yourself / bear it in your mind / fasten it firmly in your mind / imprint it on your mind so that you will always be filled with the joy and happiness of summer. Remember that special hello and keep it deep in your heart where there is always sunlight and warmth / in your heart which is always filled with joy and happiness. ?L36-37. When you and your friends must part, I want you to reach deep within you and bring back that first hello. When you and your friends must leave each other, I want you to get to the bottom of your heart and recall that first hello. / …, I want you to think deeply and recall the friendly occasions on which you met your friends and said hello to them for the first time. ?L43. When it came to my turn, I noted how tired he looked. When it was my turn (to say my goodbye), I noticed how tired he looked.L49-50. I was standing by his rosebush when an uncle came to tell me that my grandfather had died. C use Dwhen‖ to say that just at a certain time a particular event suddenly occurred( …正在此 时,忽然…): …(main clause indicating a certain time) + when … (adverbial clause indicating a sudden event) While I was standing by his rosebush, an uncle suddenly came to tell me that my grandfather had died.? ?L50-51. Remembering Grandpa’s words, I reached deep within me for those special feelings that had made up our friendship. Remembering Grandpa’s words, I tried to bring back to my mind the joy and happiness that I had shared with him. Grammar?simple past, past progressive, past perfect ? verbs of perception ? special word order with as and though ? present participle phrases used as adverbials simple past, past progressive, past perfect?simple past tense: verb + -ed or irregular verbs 1) completed action in the past:C I planted these roses a long, long time ago… (L22) C A year and a half later, my grandfather became gravely ill. (L38)2) habits or facts in the past:C It was my way of saying thank you to God. (L24) C I used to watch him pick roses for his mother. (L25)3) duration in the past:C For a moment he just stared off into the apple trees. (L10)4) past tense of verbs such as want, wonder, hope is used for polite inquiries.C I wondered how you liked the film. ?past progressive tense: was/were + v.-ing (present participle)1) interruption in the past: Use the Past Progressive to indicate a longer action in the past that was interrupted. C I was standing by his rosebush when an uncle came to tell me… (L49) 2) In 1), described above, the Past Progressive is interrupted by a shorter action in the Simple Past. However, you can also use a specific time as an interruption. C Last night at 6 PM, I was eating dinner. *In the Simple Past, a specific time is used to show when an action began or finished. In the Past Progressive, a specific time only interrupts the action. C Last night at 6 PM, I ate dinner. ― I started eating at 6 PM. C Last night at 6 PM, I was eating dinner. ― I and at 6 PM, I was in the process of eating dinner. 3) parallel actions: two or more actions happening at the same timeC I was studying while he was making dinner. C They were eating dinner, discussing their plans, and having a good time.4) atmosphere: a series of parallel actions to describe the atmosphere at a particular time in the pastC When I walked into the office, several people were busily typing, some were talking on the phones, the boss was yelling directions, and customers were waiting to be helped. One customer was yelling at a secretary and waving his hands. Others were complaining to each other about the bad service. 5) repetition and irritation with Dalways‖: expressing the idea that something irritating or shocking often happened in the pastC I didn’t like them because they were always complaining.6) Dwhen‖ vs. Dwhile‖: Dwhen‖ is most often followed by the Simple Past, whereas Dwhile‖ is usually followed by the Past Progressive.C I was studying when she called. C While I was studying, she called. ?past perfect tense: had + v.pp. (past participle) 1) completed action before sth. in the past:C My whole life, brief as it was, had been spent in that big old house, … (L2) C I saw my grandfather’s tears. I had never seen him cry before. (L26) C …an uncle came to tell me that my grandfather had died. (L49-50) C I reached deep within me for those special feelings that had made up our friendship. (L50-51) C I knew what he had meat about never saying goodbye… (L51-52)2) duration before sth. in the past:C We had had that car for ten years before it broke down. C They felt bad about selling the house because they had owned it for more than forty years. 3) a lack of experience rather than an action at a specific time: the Past Perfect should be used rather than the simple past.C She had never seen a bear before she moved to Alaska. √ C She never saw a bear before she moved to Alaska. ×?Practice: Grammar exercises I., II., III. verbs of perception?verb of perception + object + infinitive without to (as the object complement) 1) Suddenly I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.(L56) 2) I used to watch him pick roses for his mother. (L25) 3) I had never seen him cry before. (L26) cf. 4) I looked up to see my grandfather. (L6) 5) I see something soft and beautiful, Grandpa. (L18-19) 6) I saw my grandfather’s tears. (L26) ?Verbs of perception are a set of verbs denoting the use of one of the physical senses. Some verbs of perception see, look at, hear, listen, and feel, along with watch and sense can be used with objects followed by verbs in -ing form, -ed form and infinitive (without to) form. C I heard him shout at her just now. (emphasis on my hearing) C I heard him shouting at her when I passed his office. (emphasis on his shouting) C John has never heard the piece played before. (emphasis on the passive voice of play) *infinitive with to in passive: C She was seen to dance in the garden.C (We saw her dance in the garden.)*Practice: Grammar exercises IV. special word order with as and though?In an adverbial clause of concession (concessive clause) introduced by though or although, the complement or the adverbial can be placed at the beginning of the sentence. The formula for the inversion is: complement/adverbial + as/though + subject + predicate verb or: adj./adv. + as/though + n. + predicate verb v. + as/though + n. + auxiliary verb C My whole life, briefas/though it was, had been spent in that big old house. (L2-3) C Unlikely as/though it might seem, I’m tired too. C Try as/though she might / Hard as/though she tried, Sue couldn’t get the door open. *Practice: Grammar exercises V. Present participle phrases used as adverbials?Present participle phrases can be used as adverbials to express reason, condition, time, result and attending circumstances.C Turning around, she saw an ambulance driving up. (time) C Knowing English well, he can read Shakespeare. (reason) C Working still harder, you will succeed. (condition) C Their car was caught in a traffic jam, thus causing the delay. (result) C He sat at the window eating. (attending circumstances) ?ing-clause indicating circumstancesattendingC …I ran to the haven of the small back porch and sat alone, shuddering, as tears welled up from my heart. (L4-5) C I looked at the flower, not knowing what to say,… (L18) C Remembering Grandpa’s words, I reached deep within me for those special feelings that had made up our friendship. (L50-51) *Practice: Grammar exercises VI. Leading the children 1) _________________, the teacher came into the hall. Being led by 2) ___________ the teacher, the children came into the hall. Being among 3) ____________ the young people, the elderly woman felt very happy. watching 4) She stood there for more than an hour, ________ them at play. Walking in the park 5) _________________ the other day, I saw a bird building a nest. breathing 6) He put the big box down on the floor, ________ looking heavily and _______ exhausted. Note-writing A Note of Introduction?The following sentences go together to form a note of introduction, but they are in the wrong order. Work in groups of two or three, put them right.11 October, 2012?Dear Mr. Sullivan, ? He is a linguistics student at our university. ? This is to introduce Mr. Hu Ming. ? Any assistance rendered him would be highly appreciated. ? Mr. Hu is looking for a teaching assistant’s post. ? Thank you. Sincerely yours, Geoffrey Jackson ?Notes must be prec the style is casual. In notes of introduction, the following are usually included: 1. The name of the person to be introduced. 2. His/Her identity 3. The purpose of the introduction 4. Appreciation ?Reference version:11 October, 2012Dear Mr. Sullivan, This is to introduce Mr. Hu Ming. He is a linguistics student at our university. Mr. Hu is looking for a teaching assistant’s post. Any assistance rendered him would be highly appreciated. Thank you.Sincerely yours, Geoffrey Jackson Dictation (words)1. confront 3. gracefully 5. whisper 7. hoarse 9. gravely 2. anguish 4. shudder 6. conspicuously 8. breathing 10. summon Dictation (Passage)It has been a Chinese tradition for several generations to live under the same roof. However, this tradition is being challenged by new ideas brought about by economic development in the last decade. The concept of an extended family is disappearing in China. Experts point out that the traditionally large families are splitting into smaller nuclear families. Along with onechild families, there are single-parent families and Ddink‖ families. DDink‖ stands for Ddouble-income-no-kid‖. Single-parent families are the result of the increasing divorce rate, which has caused problems in child care and education. As more and more women are working outside the home, they choose either not to have children or leave their children in the care of grandparents. Thus, the number of Ddink‖ families and families in which grandparents live with their grandchildren is on the rise.
上一篇: 下一篇:
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。

我要回帖

更多关于 timeout was reached 的文章

随机推荐