groot is missingyou you

go - what should be the values of GOPATH and GOROOT? - Stack Overflow
Join the Stack Overflow Community
Stack Overflow is a community of 7.1 million programmers, just like you, helping each other.
J it only takes a minute:
I'm trying to install doozer like this
$ /ha/doozer
I get these errors.
goinstall: os: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: fmt: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: io: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: reflect: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: math: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: rand: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: url: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: net: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: sync: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: runtime: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: strings: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: sort: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: strconv: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: bytes: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: log: go/build: package could not be found locally
goinstall: encoding/binary: go/build: package could not be found locally
GOPATH is discussed :
The GOPATH environment variable lists places to look for Go code. On
Unix, the value is a colon-separated string. On Windows, the value is
a semicolon-separated string. On Plan 9, the value is a list.
GOPATH must be set to get, build and install packages outside the
standard Go tree.
GOROOT is discussed in :
The Go binary distributions assume they will be installed in
/usr/local/go (or c:\Go under Windows), but it is possible to install
the Go tools to a different location. In this case you must set the
GOROOT environment variable to point to the directory in which it was
installed.
For example, if you installed Go to your home directory you should add
the following commands to $HOME/.profile:
export GOROOT=$HOME/go
export PATH=$PATH:$GOROOT/bin
Note: GOROOT must be set only when installing to a custom location.
(updated version of .)
10.5k63554
Here is a my simple setup:
directory for go related things: ~/programming/go
directory for go compiler/tools: ~/programming/go/go-1.4
directory for go software
: ~/programming/go/packages
GOROOT, GOPATH, PATH are set as following:
export GOROOT=/home/user/programming/go/go-1.4
export GOPATH=/home/user/programming/go/packages
export PATH=$PATH:$GOROOT/bin:$GOPATH/bin
So, in short:
GOROOT is for compiler/tools that comes from go installation.
GOPATH is for your own go projects / 3rd party libraries (downloaded with "go get").
GOPATH is discussed :
The GOPATH Environment Variable
GOPATH may be set to a colon-separated list of paths inside which Go
code, package objects, and executables may be found.
Set a GOPATH to use goinstall to build and install your own code and
external libraries outside of the Go tree (and to avoid writing
Makefiles).
And GOROOT is discussed :
$GOROOT The root of the Go tree, often $HOME/go. This defaults to the
parent of the directory where all.bash is run. If you choose not to
set $GOROOT, you must run gomake instead of make or gmake when
developing Go programs using the conventional makefiles.
46.9k30105118
I read the go help gopath docs and was still incredibly confused, but found this little nugget from another go doc page:
The GOPATH environment variable specifies the location of your workspace. It is likely the only environment variable you'll need to set when developing Go code.
First run go env
If you are see that the go insn't installed you can install it via homebrew or via package and/or other ways.
If you are seeing output then your go is installed.
It shows you all the envs that are set and are not.
If you see empty for GOROOT:
run `which go` (On my computer : /usr/local/go/bin/go)
then export like this
export GOROOT=/usr/local/go
If you see empty for GOPATH:
Create any directory anywhere on your computer for go projects in my case: ~/GO_PROJECTS
then export GOPATH = ~/GO_PROJECTS
As mentioned above:
The GOPATH environment variable specifies the location of your
workspace.
For Windows, this worked for me (in Ms-dos window):
set GOPATH=D:\my_folder_for_go_code\
This creates a GOPATH variable that Ms-dos recognizes when used as follows:
cd %GOPATH%
The GOPATH should not point to the Go installation, but rather to your workspace (see ). Whenever you install some package with go get or go install, it will land within the GOPATH. That is why it warns you, that you most definitely do not want random packages from the internet to be dumped into your official installation.
Starting with go 1.8 (Q2 2017), GOPATH will be set for you by default to $HOME/go
and Rob Pike's comment:
$HOME/go it will be.
There is no single best answer but this is short and sweet, and it can only be a problem to choose that name if $HOME/go already exists, which will only happy for experts who already have go installed and will understand GOPATH.
677k21920002137
If you are using the distro go, you should point to where the include files are, for example:
$ rpm -ql golang | grep include
/usr/lib/golang/include
(This is for Fedora 20)
Your Answer
Post as a guest
Post as a guest
By posting your answer, you agree to the
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
The week's top questions and answers
Important community announcements
Questions that need answers
By subscribing, you agree to the
rev .25841
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabledFirst semester I really enjoyed COMM 299 because Public Speaking, or Communicating has alwayas been one of my strenghts (as indicated on Strenghts Quest), but when we got into 2nd Term, I was suspicious about the projects we had to do. One of the best things I ever could have learned in COMM 299 was, re-writing my resume. I thought my resume was already pretty good, but after this class it is now absolutely polished. The next most important thing for me was learning to write a proper cover letter. I now have categories such as leadership, communication, and administrative skills that I can simply copy and paste when Im applying for a job. The last most important thing I learned from my TA Nathan, was to pursure your strenghts – not your weaknesses.
Although I was suspicious of this class, COMM 299 turned out to be a very useful class in life, and I hope that others find it as useful as I did.
The greatest lesson learned from anyone else, would definitely be from my one and only mother! She taught me from a very young age on, that its important in life to always “BE YOURSELF”. I might be loud, crazy, maybe even obnoxious at times because of my outgoing personality, but hey, that’s me and there is nothing and nobody that can change that. If other people cant accept me for who I am, then I would rather not affiliate myself with them.
I came to the conclusion to always be myself at a very young age. My grandma was a strong believer in always looking tidy and perfect – where I (at age of 5) was a strong believer in having it my way, which usually was the opposite way of the way my grandma wanted it. Sorry about all the way’s. So, she would take my shirt and tuck it into my pants, a few seconds later I turned around ripped it out because that wasn’t the way I felt comfortable wearing it. She would repeat the process about 10 more times, and well I would do the same thing 10 more times as well. Eventually she gave up.
You might think, how does this relate to the greatest lesson learned from anyone else? Well it shows that being yourself, is not just personality wise its also the way you feel about yourself. I didn’t feel comfortable with my shirt tucked in, so I adjusted it in a way where I would feel more like myself. Throughout the years, I haven’t changed. I’m still loud and crazy and I’m planning on staying that way. Of course I have learned taking orders from other people (besides my grandma of course) but usually I make sure that these orders still match my values and my level of conformity- so that I can always be myself.
Some would say, the recession is slowly recovering, others would say the recession is finally coming to an end. Well, I guess it depends where one comes from and how the situation is analyzed. According the the national post, Holiday Sales will finally boost again by as much as 5%, which means annual sales will surpass $392-billion from the declined 0.7%, $373-billion from last year. Even better “British Columbia is expected to lead retail sales growth for the year, with a 6.7% rise in sales excluding gasoline, followed by Prince Edward Island (6.6%) and Nova Scotia (5.8%).”
Holiday gift supply companies such as Future Shop are expected to “hire more than 4,000 seasonal associates for what it expected to be a solid holiday shopping season, boosting its staff base by more than 40% for the period”. This all sounds awfully promising and leads me back to class 16 where we discussed forecasts. I remember that we came to the conclusion, that forecasts are almost always wrong. But how could such a forecast be wrong? Of course the numbers might not be exact and future shop might end up hiring less than 4000 seasonal staff, but the above numbers sound like a fair estimate of what could potentially happen this holiday season, or is in fact already happening, since the economy really is starting to finally recover ?
Quotes and Source:
/news/canada/December+sales+better+year/3624065/story.html
/travel/Europe/France/Ile_de_France/Paris-99080/Shopping-Paris-Galeries_Lafayette-BR-1.html
An entrepreneur in my opinion, is someone who comes up with a great idea and takes a risk to make profits with that idea! Gabriel Coco Chanel for example is one of the most innovative entrepreneurs I have ever come across. After watching the movie Coco Avant Chanel, I was amazed that she was the one who made wearing pants a possibility for women and by that she created a whole new market for womens clothing. Pants for women has developed into an extremely large market, especially over the last 100 years, since it has become acceptable for women to wear pants. This has gradually evolved into trends such as leggings and shorts, expanding the market even further. If Coco didn’t make it acceptable for women to wear anything that basically covered legs, we might still be walking around in high wasted skirts! As stated in the article for class prep 19, “Wealth is created when such innovation results in new demand”, which was certainly the case for Coco. The brand C Chanel has become one of the leading high fashion labels making millions of dollars of revenue yearly. Eventually Coco’s life came to an end, but the legacy lives on. She choose famous Karl Largerfeld to pass on her vision and he has certainly done an exponential job in continuing to come up with the latest trends and spice up the fashion industry!
/watch?v=bvDFPjx-uBU
Source: :///growyourbusiness/radicalsandvisionaries/article197624.html
Image: http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/coco-chanel.jpg&imgrefurl=//beautiful-and-fashionable-quotes-coco-chanel/&h=462&w=340&sz=19&tbnid=RA6MqYY-kgndkM:&tbnh=262&tbnw=193&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcoco%2Bchanel&zoom=1&q=coco+chanel&usg=__gFeuJ_8dmLxI4esjXqPT5e0RkFw=&sa=X&ei=JwXjTNOPK4G6sAPb8rBm&ved=0CCEQ9QEwAA
Being a victim of fashion myself, I wanted to refer back to our class discussion and article about Zara. One of the biggest problems I always face is where to spend the greater
Zara or H&M. After our class discussion and having read the articles I realized how productive Zara was in compare to H&M, to the point that Zara “reported 21% sales growth in 2005, to $8.15 billion. That puts Inditex ahead of H&M, which posted $7.87 billion in sales last year”, and Zara keeps growing. The secret to Zara’s success is clearly their rapid pace in reproducing items that surfaced the Grammy’s or even Madonna’s World tour in less than two weeks! So design, production and shipping happens within those two weeks.
That’s fascinating, and extremely hard to copy for other stores such as H&M and Forever 21, since they have a different strategy that takes much longer. Zara’ LARGE expansions internationally, and again at a rapid pace. Zara ” opened 448 new stores last year, while H&M inaugurated 145″,and at the end of 2010 Zara is expected to have close to 5000 stores. With Zara’s rapid expansion, and latest styles, I might have to think even harder next time I roam Robson street, because If I really wanted to be up to date on the newest styles, I might have to start visiting Zara more often than H&M.
References: https://www.vista.ubc.ca/webct/urw/lc5116011.tp0/cobaltMainFrame.dowebct
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/zara.jpg&imgrefurl=//at-last-zara-opens-up-to-online-shopping-with-4-5-million-fans-waiting/&usg=__o-t1YyyBZ-1CCQYgVxX5bbC8tRo=&h=450&w=525&sz=72&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=_pnQhtgo6gQdMM:&tbnh=144&tbnw=168&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dzara%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D637%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=260&ei=EOfVTJP9EY-0sAPnxJyQCw&oei=EOfVTJP9EY-0sAPnxJyQCw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0&tx=142&ty=130
As mentioned in my previous article, Global Warming has become a heated debate worldwide. Some agree that humans are in fact contributing to the increased temperature levels, and others might argue that planet Earth naturally heats up over time. But who’s right? We read a lot of articles where the author agrees that humans are in fact causing Global Warming, but recently I found an article that disagreed with this theory. Valclav Klaus in his article “An anti-human ideology” suggested that “The rise of global temperature started approximately 150 years ago, but man-made CO2 emissions did not start to grow visibly before the 1940s. Temperature changes also repeatedly moved in the opposite direction than the CO2 emissions trend suggests.” Meaning that the rise in Temperature actually has nothing to do with the rising CO2 levels produced by humans. He also said that the “Theory is cruical and missing” meaning that no one has been able to properly prove this environmental hypothesis, so how come we all agree that Global Warming actually is caused by us? What about big companies like Goldman Sachs? They said “they would encourage its clients to act greener and pledged $1 billion for investment in alternative energy” as explained in the article “Green to Gold” which I read for Class 10 preparation. If big companies are fighting against it, there must be something true to it right? Many people I’m sure have not yet reached their verdict, but I’m a strong believer in “saving the environment” and its better to start now, because someday it might be to late to save our Earth.
-Quote 1 and Article Reference: //vaclav-klaus-an-anti-human-ideology/
-Quote two and Green to Gold Article: https://www.vista.ubc.ca/webct/urw/lc5116011.tp0/cobaltMainFrame.dowebct
Over the past few years, environmental concerns have
surfaced at an increasing rate, since people realize that resources are scare, and our planet wont be able to support this materialistic lifestyle humans are living for much longer. One great concern, has been the recyling of electronics. The world has developed an obsession with updating technology on a daily basis and releasing new products monthly. Consumers therefore want to keep with the fad, and buy the new technology. But where does all the old electronic waste go to? The “GEEP Electronics Recycling Centre” in China, is supposedly a centre where old computers get recycled. Instead, 120 tonnes of
imported “e-waste” is sitting in the factories backyard. The reasons why this is dangerous, is because dangerous chemicals from the computers are leaching into the atmosphere and harming the environment and human health. This is just one example of how we continue to destroy our planet bit by bit. My generation, is probably the first to realize that we have to change this. I never thought that I myself am contributing 2.275 tonnes of CO2 per year as I learned in class, but now that I am conscious of it, I will try to lower those levels, just like consumers should think twice about buying another electronic device, because chance’s are that the product will stick around longer than the person who buy’s it.
Source for picture and article:
//e-waste-recycling-programs-critiqued-for-environmental-damage-huh/
We know that our recent economy had a tough few years, and that we are slowly recovering…but one well known Swiss Company Victorinox AG had different plans. “Carl Elsener Jr., Victorinox’s approachable chief executive officer, proudly proclaims that his company has never outsourced production or axed jobs due to recession.” Victorinox AG is such a sucessful company that “Sales are roughly $200-million a year, 90 per cent of its products are exported”.
Even with that many sales, employes enjoy working there because they still get to enjoy 1.5 hour breaks every lunch. Of course Victorinox AG also has to deal with threats, such as cheap knock offs from China and Japan, as well as dealing with the new airport policy after September 11th, 2001 where no sharp objects were allowed in the plane. But according to Porters 5 forces, Victorinox AG has nothing to fear! They have great supplier power, maybe even a little bit of a monopoly, since no other company has produced such a high quality product. The threat of the substitues are small, since most of the knock of knifes are “too stiff to close or impossible to open”. They have great buyer power internationally to large companies such as airports and even small local stores, and they have strong durable entry barriers, so some cant just come in and copy their product!
Being Swiss, this once again makes me extremely proud of my little home country!
Sources: (also for all quotes):
Quotes and Article: /report-on-business/economy/growth/switzerland-blazes-innovation-trail/article1750626/
Porters 5: /pages/article/newTMC_08.ht
I have to admit, I’ve always been one of those people who constantly check’s their facebook on their phone, has the start up page as facebook on their computer and checks facebook at least every two hours when “doing homework”…you know, just taking a little break.
But my view on faceook has recently changed, especially since my future employer can easily look up my past. Sometimes I view facebook like a public Diary. Back in the 1900s they had paper to write things down and share with the world, but my generation has computers to share everything instantly, which can be extremely efficient but also very dangerous. I also recently found this article in the Globe and Mail that said “Facebook is a place that blurs the line between friendship, acquaintance, and stranger, and this is all the more true in business”. What we post now, might come back to haunt us later, and curent employers need to be extremely careful that they dont post bad things about their company, because they could get fired for their actions.
Of course Facebook can also be very useful, especially for small businesses or doctors as stated in “Community Relations 2.0.” by Thomas Boucher”.
The Globe and Mail article from above stated a great success story about a bar that was looking to have soccer fans to come in and watch the game at their bar. Sure enough the bar owner was able to reach 800+ German Soccer fans via facebook in just a few hours. The bar was so successful that
“There was a line all the way out the door and around the corner.”
I think, we really have to analyze Facebook and cut down on the time we spend on it doing personal things such as posting pictures and writing on friends walls. Its perfectly okay to use the worlds number one networking site for marketing reasons, such as promoting events, since its one of the most efficient ways to target all different types of people across the world.
References to all quotes:
/report-on-business/your-business/business-categories/web-strategy/facebook-is-about-interaction-its-not-about-sales/article1733173/
https://www.vista.ubc.ca/webct/urw/lc5116011.tp0/cobaltMainFrame.dowebct
When I was reading through the newspaper this morning, I came across the article “U.S. rich list increases by US $25-billion” which immediately caught my attention. I knew that Bill Gates had been the richest person in the United States for 16 years in a row, and as Forbes magazine recently published, he is officially the richest person for 17 years in a row. That to me seems unbelievable. After Bill Gates comes the investor Warren Buffett (worth a total of US$45-billion) , my personal favorite. I adore him because I can relate much of his childhood and early interest in saving money to my own life.
In third place we have the Oracle founder Larry Ellison, who is worth a total of US$24-billion, and the list goes on! Another interesting one I found was on place 35, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg. It amazed me that the founder of a simple social website could be worth a total of US$6.9 billion, which seems little in compare to Bill Gates US$54-Billion but its still a VERY large amount. Of course I have to agree that Facebook was one of the greatest inventions ever made, but I had no idea that Mr. Zuckerberg had made so much money with Facebook. Of course the automobile industry also has its billionaires. Since we were talking about Ford earlier, I find it appropriate to say, that he is number 385 with US-1-billion. Its crazy to think, that William Ford Sr. is 350 places behind Mark Zuckerberg.
The last interesting fact I found in the article stated that “California is the state with the most billionaires, to be exact, 83”. Now I see why there are so many “California Girls” ?
Ford, Sabrina. “U.S. Rich List Increases by US$25-billion.” National Post [Ontario] 24 Sept. 2010: A2. Print.
//warren-buffett-on-the-americas-gigantic-deficit/
Recent Posts
Categories
Spam prevention powered by

我要回帖

更多关于 missing you 权志龙 的文章

随机推荐