四年级英语阅读短文理解66-71

当前位置: >>
高中英语阅读理解题库
343C 已用 So much to do, so little time. much information, so little time to read . this age there is more So In information than ever before.There is not enough time to read everything we want to read.However, you can take in and understand more information in shorter time through speed-reading.This article will not make you read 3 000 words per minute, but it will show you how to increase your speed greatly.You will also learn the basic techniques of speed reading, along with the dos and don'ts of speed-reading. When you first learned to read, you would say the word out loud and sound it out. Then you might whisper the word because people can become annoyed when you read aloud.The stage you are now at is saying the word in your head.Most people tend to read this way.Saying the word in your head will cut your reading speed tremendously (极大的). How do you calculate your reading speed? The speed is measured by how many words per minute you can read. some reading material, preferably a book.Find out how many words are on the Get page.Time yourself one minute.Start your timer and start reading.When the timer sounds, stop at once.If you counted 500 words on the page and you read half of the page, then you are probably reading at 250 words per minute. The first thing about speed-reading is looking at the word and recognizing it.Don't say the word in your mind, just look at it and recognize its appearance.Later you will recognize groups of four words or more to increase your speed.This is the first and most important step in speed-reading. The next step is technique.As with any other skill, speed-reading requires technique.You should first be sitting up straight with your book on a horizontal (水平的) surface, such as a table or desk.Next, should be able to see the entire page.This is necessary if you want to recognize It's Find a quiet place clumps of words. Lastly, you should be focused. hard to read a lot of noise. to read.This will help your understand of the text.You need something to guide your eyes while reading.Then right, you should use your hand, Remember when you were little, you would read using your finger.That is a great technique, only now you're using your hand to underline each line. Move your finger smoothly across page. need to go rush , start our slow. No Keep your eyes focused on words as you recognize them while using your hand as a guide.This will increase you speed. The third step is practice.Practice makes perfect.Set time intervals(间歇).Read using different techniques, but make sure you understand what you're reading. 64.Which of the following statements is true according to the text? A.Now there is limited information than ever before. B.Now conditions ask people to use less time to know more information. C.Now people can read what they like. D.The less you read, the more time you will spend. 65.What is the subject discussed in the text? A.What speed-reading is. B.Why we need speed-reading. C.Now it is much information time. D.People should practice speed-reading in different kinds of ways. 66.Which of the following shows the right way for the speed-reading from the text? a.Ask for some techniques. b.Look at many words and recognize them. c.Practice more. A.c,a,b B.c,b,a C.b,a,c D.a,c,b 67. underlined sentence“you should be focused”in the fifth paragraph means that _________. The A.a person should devote his attention to it while reading B.your feelings will be hurt while reading C.a person should smooth away difficulties while he reads D.you should pay attention to your faults while you are reading 68.To speed up your reading, you should_________. A.sit up straight with your book flat and use something to guide your eyes B.say every word out loud and sound it out C.know it is necessary to read quickly D.underline some important words while you say them 64.B.我们时代的信息比任何时候都多.在这样的时代里,人们只有提高 阅读能力,加快阅读速度,花较少的时间,获得较多的信息. 65.A.本文所谈及的是快速阅读,包括为什么要快速阅读、快速阅速度的 测定和怎样进行快速阅读. . 66.C.怎样进行快速阅读?本文第四至第七段进行了介绍.(第四段)第一,要看单词、读单 词和辨认单词(包括词形、意义和用法).这是快速阅读的第一步,并且是最重要的一步.(第 五至六段)第二,要求有快速阅读技术.(第七段)第三,要实践. 67.A.从第五段可以看出,只有集中精力才能有效地进行阅读.有许多噪音很难进行阅读. 68.A.本文第五段至第六段讲述了快速阅读的技术问题.(第五段)主要就是把书平放在同 一个水平面上,挺直地坐着.此外,(第六段)在读书时需要一些B 已用 The Giant Water Lily is native to Brazil. The flower itself is white and only blooms at night. The flower is nearly the size of a soccer ball. The most interesting thing about this flower is its large leaves. The leaves can grow up to 46 centimeters in size and can hold up to 136 kilograms. The Giant Water Lily grows i in its native Brazil and in the Amazon it grows all year long. But it does not grow year round in areas where it is
it only grows and reproduces in the summertime when the climate is warm. The Giant Water Lily adapts to the environment by growing thorns (刺) on the bottom of the leaves to protect itself from fish and other predators that might want to eat it. There are two sides to the Giant Water Lily’s effect on the living things. The negative part is that no other plant species can live under the Giant Water Lily due to its size. The water lily’s leaves are massive in size and they cover most of the surface of the water. This means that no sunlight can reach the rest of the water. Therefore no algae (海藻) can grow, and with no food source, animals that feed on algae cannot exist. On the other hand, Giant Water Lilies are very helpful to some species, for example, the Lily Trotter. The Lily Trotters walk on the leaves and obtain their food source (insects) from the water lily. Now researchers are trying to discover more about the characteristics of this particular species. 40. According to the text, the Giant Water Lily _______. A. is a rare water plant B. has very large leaves C. is shaped like a soccer ball D. is known for its various colors 41. What does the underlined word “predators” in Paragraph 2 mean? A. Attackers. B. Followers. C. Admirers. D. Protectors. 42. Other plants can’t live under the Giant Water Lily because _______. A. there is not enough space for them to live in B. the water lilies’ leaves have tough thorns C. there is no sunlight that’s needed for their living D. some animals lack food source 43. What can be inferred from the text? A. The Giant Water Lily is favorable to many insects. B. The Giant Water Lily can provide some species with food. C. Some insects prevent the growth of other species. D. Some insects treat the Giant Water Lily as enemies. 44. The text most probably comes from _______. A. a book about plants B. a news report about plants C. a research paper on plants D. a comic book of science B ACBAA 已用 Scholars and researchers have tried to discover what personality characteristics go along with success in intercultural experiences. Their findings have often been unclear or incomplete. But three characteristics stand out in their reports: patience, a sense of humor, and the awareness of being unclear. Patience, of course, is the ability to keep calm even when things do not go as one wants them to, or hopes they will, or has even been sure they will. Impatience sometimes brings improvements in relations with other people, but usually it does not. A person with a sense of humor is less likely to take things too seriously and more ready to see the humor in her own reactions than is a humorless person. The value of a sense of humor really needs to be paid more attention to. “The awareness of being unclear” is a more difficult concept than patience or a sense of humor. Foreigners often find themselves in situations that are unclear to the newcomers. That is, they do not know what is happening in the situation. Perhaps they do not understand the local language well enough, or they do not know how some system or organization works, or they can’t be sure of different people’s roles in what is going on. “It’s like I just got here from the moon,” a Chinese graduate student who newly arrived in the United States said, “things are just so different here.” 21.The passage mainly tells us . A.that it’s not easy to travel abroad B.that humor is very important in communication C.of some characteristics in dealing with foreigners D.of three main ways useful for communicating with foreigners 22.According to the passage, what characteristic should be most focused on? A.Patience C.The sense of humor 23. “The awareness of being unclear” refers to A.knowing the meaning of an exact situation B.not stating clearly what happens C.realizing the possible misunderstanding in a situation D.being aware of the unclear situation 24.According to the writer, the Chinese students is A.a hard-working student C.interested in the study of moon . B.The awareness of being unclear D.Understanding each other. .B.recently back from the moon D.not used to the culture in America25.Which of the following can best sum up the passage? A.It is necessary to learn the language before you go to the country. B.Americans are used to the culture of other countries. C.One needs many characteristics to live in another country. D.To live in a foreign land one should get fully prepared. B 已用 It was Thanksgiving morning and in the crowded kitchen of my small home I was busy preparing the traditional Thanksgiving turkey when the doorbell rang. I opened the front door and saw two small children in rags huddling together inside the storm door on the top step. “Any old papers, lady?” asked one of them. I was busy. I wanted to say “no” until I looked down at their feet. They were wearing thin little sandals, wet with heavy snow. “Come in and I’ll make you a cup of hot cocoa.” They walked over and sat down at the table. Their wet sandals left marks upon the floor. I served them cocoa and bread with jam to fight against the cold outside. Then I went back to the kitchen and started again on my household budget. The silence in the front room struck me. I looked in. The girl held the empty cup in her hands, looking at it. The boy asked in a flat voice, “Lady, are you rich?” I looked at my shabby slipcovers. The girl put her cup back in its saucer carefully and said, “Your cups match your saucers.” Her voice was hungry with a need that no amount of food could supply. They left after that, holding their bundles of papers against the wind. They hadn’t said “Thank you.” They didn’t need to. They had reminded me that I had so much for which to be grateful. Plain blue china cups and saucers were only worth five pence. But they matched. I tasted the potatoes and stirred the meat soup. Potatoes and brown meat soup, a roof over our heads, my man with a good steady job―these matched, too. I moved the chairs back from the fire and cleaned the living room. The muddy prints of small sandals were still wet upon my floor. Let them be for a while, I thought, just in case I should begin to forget how rich I am. 26. Two children came to the writer’s front door because _________________. A. it was Thanksgiving Day B. they were beggars C. they wanted old papers D. they wanted a cup of cocoa 27. Why did the writer let the children in? A. She showed great pity on them B. She had old papers to sell C. She wanted to invite them to her Thanksgiving feast D. She wanted them to see how rich she was 28. The girl thought the writer was rich perhaps because ________________. A. she saw that the lady’s room was comfortable B. she saw the cups matched the saucers C. the writer’s slipcovers were very new D. the writer was preparing a big meal while she was too hungry. 29. From the passage, we can infer that whether you are rich depends on ____________. A. how much money you have had B. how you feel about your life C. how you have helped others D. what job your husband is doing 30. The writer left the muddy prints of small sandals on the floor for a while to ___________. A. show her husband that someone had come B. remind her that she had helped two children C. remind her that she was very rich in the neighborhood D. remind her how life should be C 已用 Forgiving someone who has hurt you or let you down is never an easy thing. Several new studies, however, say that it could have a lot of health benefits. When you think of forgiveness, you probably don’t think of it as being a health or medical problem. Studies from Stanford University, on the other hand, show that something like anger can change your well-being. When cartoon book characters like the Incredible Hulk get angry, they change colours and often gain special power. In the real world, anger is less obvious and may be more dangerous. That’s why Professor Fred Luskin, founder of the Stanford Forgiveness Project and author of Forgive for Good, says holding on to anger and hatred can harm your physical and mental health. Two new studies seem to show the same idea. The studies find that people who are able to forgive feel less stress, less back pain, and less depression. They also have fewer headaches, lower blood pressure, and fewer problems on sleeping. So it doesn’t matter if your anger is caused by the traffic or other things. Learning to let it go is important. Techniques such as deep breath or thought can help. Or just ask yourself if it’s worth hurting yourself by staying angry with someone else. Forgiveness does not mean that you simply accept what happened and say it’s OK. Instead, it’s a way of making peace with yourself about what happened in the past. 31. The author of the passage tries to make his viewpoint clear ______. A. by raising his own examples C. by mentioning some studies B. based on his own experience D. by mentioning some typical patients32. The example of the cartoon book characters is taken in the passage to______. A. support the viewpoint that anger and hatred harm physical and mental health B. introduce a famous expert C. let the reader know the different colours of cartoon faces D. show how to control one’s temper 33. The underlined phrase“holding on to”in this passage possibly means“______”. A. removing B. keeping up C. getting rid of D. learning about34. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in this passage? A. People who are able to forgive feel less stress. B. People who are able to forgive feel less depression. C. People who are able to forgive have fewer problems on sleeping. D. People who are able to forgive feel less tired. 35. The best title for this passage is probably _______. A. Forgiveness C. A Secret to Keeping Health B. Forgiveness Is Good for Health D. Anger Is Bad for Health已用第二节 信息匹配 (共 5 小题,每小题 2 分,满分 10 分)已用 下面是一篇应用文及其应用场合的信息,请阅读下列应用文和相关信息,并按照要求 匹配信息。 请根据 A 至 F 各课程的介绍和个各人的情况说明,选出符合各人要求的最佳选项。 A. A Look at American Literature A Look at American Literature is a course which gives us a brief outline of American Literature. B. Works of Some Famous American Writers Works of Some Famous American Writers show us the introductions to eleven famous writers and their works and also give us some comments on the works. C. Detailed Reading of American Literature Detailed Reading of American Literature is a course which focuses on some important and moving details in the works of American literature. It will analyse the detail. D. Story and Plot It’s a course which analyses the setting of the main plots in some famous stories. The aim of this course is to help those who want to become writers in the future. E. Characters and Life As you know, literature comes from our life, but it’s more than our life. This course will analyze the personalities of some important characters in the world literature, and combine the analysis with our life. It will help us gain wisdom from the characters. F. Literature Comments The course is a study of how to write literature comments through some vivid examples. 请阅读以下学生的相关信息,然后匹配他/她和拟要选择的课: Helen wants to become a famous writer in the future. She is eager to take a course which can help her realize her dream. Peter was ill last term and missed a lot of lessons in American literature. He wants to take a course which can give him an outline of it. Kate likes to read literature works and she has many opinions after reading, but she doesn’t know how to express her ideas properly. Tommy has the basic knowledge of American literature. He wants to take a course which can help him read more famous works about American literature. Jerry wants to write some articles to show the significance of researching literature today. He is looking for a course which can help him. 待选课程学生 36. Helen 37. Peter 38. Kate 39. Tommy 40. Jerry 课程名称 A. A Look at American Literature B. Works of Some Famous American Writers C. Detailed Reading of American Literature D. Story and Plot E. Characters and Life F. Literature Comments阅读 (共 20 小题;每小题 2 分, 满分 40 分) 21―25 CBDDC 26―30 CABBD 31―35 CABDB36―40 DAFBE阅读下列短文,从每题所给的 A、B、c、D 四个选项中选出最佳答案。 A 已用 As l was leaving to meet Lynne, roommate told me that I'd better take some money, I my but didn't listen to him.I thought that Lynne would pay because she had invited me. I arrived at the restaurant exactly on time.I'd been told that Americans expect you to be oil time.Lynne and I sat at a table in the corner of the restaurant and a waitress came and took our order. The dinner was a great success.I talked a lot about Saudi Arabia and Lynne told me all about herself. After two hours the waitress finally came and asked if we wanted one check or two. Lynne said two We went to the cashier and Lynne paid her check l was embarrassed(尴尬)when thecashier gave me my bill.I had no money to pay for my meal.Then I had an idea I pretended to look for something in my pockets and said,“Oh! I forgot my money! Can I call my roommate, please?”the cashier showed me where the phone was and I quickly called my roommate. In a few minutes he arrived with some money,but he couldn't hide how he felt.He laughed all the way home. Now.I think it's funny too,but at the time l was terribly embarrassed.I thought that an invitation to have dinner meant the same thing in the United States as in my country.I guess you have to understand that your customs are only your customs.When you visit a foreign country, you have to learn about their customs, too. 51.The writer's roommate advised the writer to take some money with him A.To pay for the table B.To share the cost of the meal C.To invite Lynne to dinner D.To pay for the restaurant 52.The roommate laughed all the way home because . .A.The writer was embarrassed when he couldn't pay his breakfast B.The writer telephoned him to bring some books to him C.The writer hadn't told Lynne the truth D.The writer would not listen to him when he left the house 53.The writer and Lynne A.Enjoyed their meal very much B.Successfully finished their meal C.Had a talk for two hours D.Traveled to Saudi Arabia together 54.Customs can be A.quite the same C.close to each other in different countries according to this passage. B.Entirely different D.Very similar .55.Why didn't Lynne pay the check for the writer? A.Because she didn't have enough money with her. B.Because she didn't have the meal. C.Because she thought it was natural for people to pay their own check. D.Because she wanted to embarrass the writer. B When Christopher Columbus landed on the then unnamed Costa Rica in l502.he saw many Indians wearing gold earrings.So he thought the land must be rich in gold.He named the place Costa Rica.which means “rich coast” in Spanish. Though little gold was found . Costa Rica today is indeed rich with coffee and bananas.Coffee is the most important product in Costa Rica and most of it is exported to other counties like America and West Germany.Bananas are the country's second most important export. Costa Ricans also grow many other crops such as fruits,corn and beans for their own use.Costa Ricans love colors and their houses are painted in bright colors. Education is very important to the Costa Ricans.Almost every village has a school and education is a must for children between seven and fourteen years of age.Boys and girls go to separate school. Classes begin in March and end in November. other three months of the year The are harvest time and the children have to help their parents to pick coffee beans. 56.What's the main idea of the first paragraph? ( A.How Columbus found Costa Rica. B.How Costa Rica got its name. C.What the Costa Ricans wore. D.What language the Costa Ricans spoke. 57.The Costa Ricans may NOT paint their houses A.Pink and red B.Grey and black C.Blue and green D.Yellow and orange 58.In Costa Rica,boys and girls between seven and fourteen A.Must go to school B.Study in the same school C.Do not have to go to school at all D.Can choose to stop schooling at any time 59.From December to February.sch001 children in Costa Rica A.Have lessons every day B.Have their examinations C.Help their parents pick coffee beans D.Help their parents paint their house 60.This passage is mainly about A.Christopher Columbus B.Costa Rica C.Some products from Costa Rica . . . . ) D.The education of Costa Rica C 已用 This is not a diet.It ' s a simple way to lose weight And you don't even have to give up the food you love or join a gym.It's about balancing calories in tiny ways that add up to big benefits. You just form some habits that lean people have.Stick with them,and you ' ll become thin. 1.Wake―up When your eyes open,sit up slowly without using your hands.With legs straight out,bend forward until you feel a stretch(舒展)in your back. Hold and then use your abs(腹部肌肉)to lower yourself flat.Rest and repeat two more times.It will burn about lo calories. 2.Start with soup When you have meat, order a clear soup, have it before having the main food. can save and It twice the calories.Besides.you ' 11 feel fuller.so you'll eat less when the main food comes. 3.An apple (or more)a day Apples are packed with fiber and water, your stomach will want less. study shows that so The people who eat at least three apples a day lose weight. 4.Stand up and walk around Every time you take the phone,stand up and walk around.Heavy people sit on average two and a half hours more per day than thin people.This trick is very important as standing up and walking around will bum 50 or more calories. Use these tricks.With these small changes,you will have a big weight loss. 61.What's the purpose of the passage? ( )A.To tell people how to enjoy a better life. B.To advise people to eat apples every day. C.To give some tips on how to lose weight. D.To advise people to get rid of bad habits. 62.What does the underlined word“ earn” in the first paragraph mean?( A.Light. B.Pretty. C.Thin.D.Healthy. . )63.The author may disagree thatA.Getting up without using your hands helps burn calories B.Eating apples every day is good for people’s health C.It’s good to walk around while talking on the phone D.You have to join a gym if you want to lose weight 64.After reading the passage,we learn that A.People can lose weight through everyday activities B.the more soup you have,the better it is C.People have to give up the food they like to lose weight D.The writer used to be very fat . 65.In which part of a newspaper would you most probably read the passage? ( A.Medicine. B.Health. C Family. D.Teaching.)阅读理解(2 分×15 题=30 分) 51~55 BDABC 56~60 BBACB61~65 CCDABC 已用Is it possible to persuade mankind to live without war? War is an ancient custom which has existed for at least six thousand years. It was always evil and usually foolish, but in the past the human race managed to live with it. Modern skill has changed this. Either man will stop war, or war will stop man. For the present, it is nuclear weapons that cause the greatest danger, but bacteriological( 细菌的 ) or chemical weapons may, before long, offer an even greater threat. If we succeeded in stopping war, there would be no danger for us. To do this, we need to persuade mankind to look upon international questions in a new way, not by contests of force, in which the victory goes to the side which is most skillful in massacre (大屠杀 ),but by arbitration (仲裁)in accordance with agreed principles of law. It is not easy to change old mental habits, but this is what must be attempted. There are those who say that the adoption of this or that ideology (意识形态)would prevent war. I believe this to be a complete error. All ideologies are based upon beliefs without proof which are, at best, doubtful, and at worst, totally false. Those people who believe them are willing to go to war in support of them. The movement of world opinion during the past two years has changed very largely such as we can welcome. It has become a common belief that nuclear war must be avoided. Of course, very difficult problems remain in the international world, but the spirit in which they are being approached is a better one than it was some years ago. It has begun to be thought, even by the powerful men who decide whether we shall live or die, that agreements should be reached even if both sides do not find these agreements wholly satisfactory. It has begun to be understood that the important conflict (冲突) nowadays is not between East and West, but between Man and the H ? bomb. 64.From the first paragraph we can know that ____. A. we may face greater threat from weapons B. bacteriological or chemical weapons are less dangerous than nuclear weapons C. man’s idea of victory has changed D. dangerous weapons are forbidden in modern society 65. According to the author,______. A. it is impossible to live without war B. the difference between East and West will lead to war C. war must be stopped if man wants to survive D. war will be stopped by modern skill 66.The author believes that the only way to stop war is to____. A. stop nuclear weapons B. settle international issues through agreements C. destroy bacteriological and chemical weapons D. let the stronger side take over the world 67.The last paragraph suggests that______. A. nuclear war will definitely not take place B. real agreements have been now reached C. world opinion is still divided on nuclear war D. man is beginning to realize that nuclear war is his greatest enemy 68. Which of the following words can best describe the author’s feeling in writing this passage? A. Disappointed. B. Doubtful. C. Worried. D. Hopeful.64. A 细节理解题。文章第一段说明,生化武器也许会给人类带来更大的威胁。 65. C 细节理解题。文章第一段说明,人类面临核武器和生化武器的威胁,因此只有避免战 争才会消除武器对人类的威胁。 66. B 细节理解题。文章第一段作者认为,要避免战争人们必须抛弃用战争来解决争端的传 统观念,通过协商来解决问题。 67. D 细节理解题。文章最后一句说明,人类现在认识到,目前最大的冲突并非来自于东西 方,而是高科技武器的威胁。 68. D 推理判断题。从文章最后一段看,人们解决争端的思维模式已经发生了转变,不是靠 武力,而是通过协商,因此作者对人类未来避免战争还是充满了希望C. 已用It came as something of a surprise when Diana, Princess of Wales, made a trip t Angola in 1997, to support the Red Cross’s campaign for a total ban on all anti-personnel landmine landmines(地雷)Within hours of arriving in Angola, television screens around the world were filled with images of her comforting victims injured in explosions caused by landmines. “I knew the statistics,” she said. “But putting a face to those figures brought th like when I met Sandra, a 13-year-old girl who had lost her leg, and people like her.” The Princess concluded with a simple message: “We must stop landmines”. And she used every opportunity during her visit to repeat this message. But, back in London, her views were not shared by some members of the British government, which refused to support a ban on these weapons. Angry politicians launched an attack on the Princess in the press. They described her as “very ill-informed” and a “loose cannon”(乱放炮的 人). The Princess responded by brushing aside the criticisms: “This is a distraction(干扰), we do not need. All I’m trying to do is help.” Opposition parties, the media and the public immediately voiced their support for the Princess. To make matters worse for the government, it soon emerged(显现出来)that the Princess’s trip had been approved by the Foreign Office, and that she was in fact very well-informed about both the situation in Angola and the British government’s policy regarding landmines. The result was a severe embarrassment for the government. To try and limit the damage, the Foreign Secretary, Malcolm Rifkidnd, claimed that the Princess’s views on landmines were not very different from government policy, and that it was “working towards” a worldwide ban. The Defense Secretary, Michael Portillo, claimed the matter was “a misinterpretation or misunderstanding.” For the Princess, the trip to this war-torn country was an excellent opportunity to use her popularity to show the world how much destruction and suffering landmines can cause. She said that the experience had also given her the chance to get closer to people an their problems. 64. Princess Diana paid a visit to Angola in 1997 A. to clarify(澄清)the British government’s stand on landmines B. to establish her image as a friend of landmine victims C. to investigate the sufferings of landmine victims there D. to voice her support for a total ban of landmines 65. What did Diana mean when she said “…putting a face to those figures brought the reality home to me”(Line 5, Para. 1)? A. Meeting the landmine victims in person made her believe the statistics. B. She just couldn’t bear to meet the landmine victims face to face. C. The actual situation in Angola made her like going back home. D. Seeing the pain of the victims made her realize the seriousness of the situation. 66. Some members of the British government criticized Diana because A. They were actually opposed to banning landmines. B. She was ill-informed of the government’s policy. C. She had not consulted the government before the visit. D. They believed that she had misinterpreted the situation in Angola. 67. How did Diana respond to the criticisms? A. She made more appearances on TV. B. She paid no attention to them. C. She rose to argue with her opponents. D. She met the 13-year-old girl as planned. 68. What did Princess Diana think of her visit to Angola? A. It had caused embarrassment to the British government. B. It had greatly promoted her popularity. C. It had brought her closer to the ordinary people. D. It had affected her relations with the British government.64. D 这是一个细节理解题。题目问的是,戴安娜王妃 1997 年出访安哥拉为的是什么。结合 上下文,根据“It came as something of a surprise when Diana, Princess of Wales, made a trip co Angola in 1997, to support the Red Cross’s campaign for a total ban on all anti-personnel landmines”,可得出答案 A。 65.D 这是一个语意理解题。结合上下文,根据“‘I knew the statistics,’ she said. ‘But putting a face to those figures brought th like when I met Sandra, a 13-year-old girl who had lost her leg, and people like her.’”特别是提到“statistics”之后“But”的转折以及“like”的 运用,都表达出 D 项的意思。所以答案为 D。 66.A 这是一个语义推理题。本题的所有选项在短文中都没有出现,只能采取排除法,结合 上下文,根据“But, back in London, her views were not’ shared by some members of the British government, which refused to support a ban on these weapons. Angry politicians launched an attack On the Princess in the press. They described her as ‘very ill-informed and a loose cannon(乱放炮的人)’。”,意识到批评的目的无非是为自己辩护,就可以得出答案 B。 67.B 这是一个词义理解题。文中有一个直接相关的句子“The Princess responded by brushing aside the Criticisms: ‘This is a distraction(干扰)we do not need. All I’m trying to do is help’.”,但 对短语动词“brush aside(置之不理)”的理解非常关键。得出答案为 A。 68.C 这是一个细节理解题。本文谈到有关戴安娜王妃看待自己安哥拉之行的共有两处,段 首最后一句和段末最后一句;结合起来看,对照选项,显然答案为 B。D. 已用Insurance companies provide a service to the community by protecting it against expected and unexpected disasters. Before an insurance company will agree to insure anything, it collects accurate figures about the risk. It knows, for example, that the risk of a man being killed in a plane accident is less than the risk he takes in crossing a busy road. This enables it to quote(报价) low figures for travel insurance. Sometimes the risk may be high, as in motor-racing or mountaineering. Then the company charges a much higher price. If too many climbers have accidents, the price rises further. If the majority of climbers fall off mountains, the company will refuse to insure them. An ordinary householder may wish to protect his home against fire or his property against burglary(入室行窃). A shopkeeper may wish to insure against theft. In normal cases, the company will check its statistics and quote a premium(保险费). If it is suspicious(可疑的), it may refuse to quote. If it insures a shop and then receives a suspicious claim, it will investigate the claim as a means of protecting itself against false claims. It is not unknown for a businessman in debt to burn down his own premises so that he can claim much money from his insurance company. He can be sure that the fire will be investigated most carefully. Insurance companies also accept insurance against shipwreck or disaster in the air. Planes and ships are very expensive, so a large premium is charged, but a reduction is given to companies with an accident-free record. Every week, insurance companies receive premium payments from customers. These payments can form a very large total running into millions of dollars. The company does not leave the money in the bank. It invests (投资) in property, shares (股票) ,farms and even paintings and stamps. Its aim is to obtain the best possible return on its investment. This is not as greedy as it may seem since this is one way by which it can keep its premiums down and continue to make a profit while being of service to the community. 68. The main idea of the first paragraph is that . A. insurance companies protect the community against disasters B. insurance companies often collect accurate figures about the risk C. insurance companies base their decisions on the risk involved D. insurance companies charge different prices in the same cases 69. The insurance company will usually investigate a suspicious claim to . A. refuse to quote the insurance fee B. make sure that the claim is reasonable C. decide how much the company should pay D. find out when the accident happened 70. The underlined word &premises& in Paragraph 2 most probably means& & A. land and buildings B. insurance contract C. debt papers D. financial papers 71. The author’s attitude towards customers’ premium payments being used by insurance companies is __ A. critical B. doubtful C. neutral 72. The purpose of this passage is to __ A. explain how insurance companies operate B. encourage people to invest in insurance companies C. persuade people to insure against unexpected disasters D. advise people how to insure their life and propertyD. positive68.C 主旨大意题.根据文章第一段可知 C 为正确答案,其他几项均在文中提到,但不是 全段的大意,故选 C。 69.B 推理判断题.根据文章第二段 If it is suspicious(可疑的),it may refuse to quote.If it insures a shop and then receives a suspicious claim,it will investigate the claim as a means of protecting itself against false claims,可推断出目的是为了保证索赔是合理的,从而避免错误 赔偿,因此选 B. 70.A 推测词义题。Premise 意为“房屋及其周围的房基地” ,根据常识也可推断有些商人 想烧毁房子从而获得保险公司的赔偿,故选 A. 71.D 观点态度题.根据全文及文章最后一句可知作者对保险公司利用客户的保险金从而 最终提供更好的服务是持肯定态度的,故选 D. 72.A 主旨大意题;综观全文可知,本文是介绍保险公司如何操作的,故 A 为最佳选项.D. 已用Everywhere man is altering the balance of nature. is facilitating the spread of plants and He animals into new regions, sometimes deliberately, sometimes unconsciously.He is covering huge areas with new kinds of plants, or with houses, factories, slag-heaps and other products of his civilization.He exterminates some species on a large scale, but favours the multiplication of others. brief, he has done more in five thousand years to alter the biological aspect of the planet In than has nature in five million. Many of these changes which he has brought about have had unforeseen consequences. Who would have thought that the throwing away of a piece of Canadian waterweed would have caused half the waterways of Britain to be blocked for a decade, or that the provision of pot cacti for lonely settlers’ wives would have led to Eastern Australian being overrun with forests of Prickly Pear? Who would have prophesied that the cutting down of forests on the Adriatic coasts, or in parts of Central Africa, could have reduced the land to a semidesert, with the very soil washed away from the bare rock? Who would have thought that improved communications would have changed history by the spreading of disease-sleeping sickness into East Africa, measles into Oceania, very possibly malaria into ancient Greece? These are
but examples on a smaller scale are everywhere to be found. make a nature sanctuary for rare birds, prescribing absolute secu and We we may find that some common and hardy kind of bird multiplies beyond measure and ousts the rare kinds in which we were particularly interested.We see, owing to some little change brought about by civilization, the starling spread over the English country-side in hordes.We improve the yielding capa and find that now they exhaust the pastures which sufficed for less exigent stock. 68.The following examples except ________ reflect man altering the balance of nature. A.man is covering huge areas with new kinds of plants B.man is facilitating the spread of animals into new regions. C.man is killing some species on a large scale D.man is getting to know the importance of keeping the balance of nature. 69.What had a piece of Canadian waterweed cause? A.Eastern Australian was overrun with forests. B.Half the waterways of Britain blocked for a decade. C.In parts of central Africa, the land reduced to a semidesert. D.Disease-sleeping has been caused. 70.What have spread diseases? A.Disease-sleeping sickness. B.Measles. C.Improved communications. D.Malaria. 71.We make a nature sanctuary for rare birds but __________ A.some common and hardy kind of bird multiplies B.rare kinds multiply C.all bird multiply D.no bird multiply 72.The main idea of the passage is _________. A.that man is deliberately destroying the balance of nature B.that man has foreseen the consequences of altering the balance old nature C.that improved communications have changed history D.that man is altering the balance of nature68. C 69.B 60.C 71.A 72.D解析:第二段第二句给出答案: 解析:细节题。第二段后半部分给出此答案。 解析:细节题。第三段头两句给出此答案。 解析:主旨题。文章的主题是人类正改变着自然界的平衡。D. 已用It is difficult for parents of nearly every family to teach their children to be responsible (有责任的)for housework, but with one of the following suggestions, you really can get your children to help at home. If you give your children the impression that they can never do anything quite right, then they will regard themselves as unfit or unable persons. Unless children believe they can succeed, they will never become totally independent. My daughter Carla’s fifth - grade teacher made every child in her class feel special. When students received less than a prefect test score, she would point out what they had mastered and declared firmly they could learn what they had missed. You can use the same technique when you evaluate (评价) your child’s work at home. Don’t always scold and give lots of praise instead. Talk about what he has done right, not about what he hasn’t done. If your child completes a difficult task, promise him a Sunday trip or a ball game with Dad. Learning is a process(过程)of trying and failing and trying and succeeding. If you teach your children not to fear a mistake of failure, they will learn faster and achieve success at last. 68.The whole passage deals with ________. A. social education B. school education C. family education D. pre - school education 69.The author thinks that________. A. there is no way to get children to help at home B. the more encouragement and praise you give, the more responsible and helpful children will become C. it is very difficult to make children responsible for housework D. children can be forced to help with housework 70. The article gives us a good suggestion about how to evaluate (评价) your child’s work at home. That is to ________. A. praise his success B. promise him a trip C. give him a punishment D. promise him a ball game 71.The author advises readers to________. A. learn from himself, for he has a good way of teaching B. take pride in Carla’s fifth - grade teacher C. do as what Carla’s teacher did in educating children D. follow Carla’s example because she never fails in the test 72.Having read the last paragraph, we can conclude that ________. A. pride goes before a fall B. practice makes perfect C. no pains, no gains D. failure is the mother of success68.C 提示:本文一开头就点击题目――家庭教育。 69.B 提示:本文倒数第二段可说明问题,在教育孩子问题上,表扬和鼓励是必不可少 的。 70. 提示: A 倒数第二段有这样一句话, “Talk about what he has done right, not about what he hasn't done”. 71. 提示: C 本文第三段肯定了 Carla 的教学方法, 第四段第一句告诉你 “You can use the same technique when you evaluate your child’s work at home ”. 72.D 提示:A 的大意为“胜不骄、败不馁” 为“熟能生巧” 为“不劳、不获” 。B 。C 。 D 为“失败乃成功之母” ,故 D 为答案。C 已用 Difficult times often bring out the best in people . And this was the case for basketball star Yao Ming , who hosted a television show in Shanghai that raised US $ 300, 000 to help researchers find a cure for SARS. Fundraising , or charity , is an act of goodwill towards others . Charities in the West have more flexible ways . Look at a typical day for Ruth , a wealthy woman in the UK , for example . Ruth wakes up in the morning and collects her post . There’s a letter addressed to her with a picture of a half-dead , beaten horse . It’s from a charity asking Ruth to donate money to save the animals . The door bell rings and there , on Ruth’s doorstep , is an old woman asking for money to help the aged . She turns on the television , hears sad music and sees a picture of a wide-eyed child dying of hunger in Africa with an appeal for money to help the child . Ruth then goes shopping for a dress to wear to that evening’s large party for the rich and famous . The ticket cost her a small fortune , but she doesn’t mind because most of the money is going to a charity that fights AIDS. She feels good about going because she’s helping the sick . Within five minutes of walking down the street , Ruth has passed a charity shop . She doesn’t stop because she doesn’t think she would find a suitable dress there―it’s full of old , secondhand clothes . But , many other people enter and but all sorts of bargains . Edna , a little old lady , looks after the shop . Any profit it has made goes to a cancer charity . Now that she has retired , she has plenty of spare time to offer her services for free . For people like Yao Ming , Ruth and Edna , charity is a virtue that holds the same importance in life as faith (信念) and hope. “As you look back on your life , the moments that stand out are the moments when you have done things for others,” said Scottish author Henry Drummond . 63.Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the story as a way of fundraising ? A.Charity party . C.Charity TV program . A.Collect . C.Increase . 65.We can infer from the passage that B.Charity post . D.Charity for beggars . B.Donate . D.Bring to someone’s attention . .64.What does the word “raise” in the first paragraph mean ?A.Yao Ming is very proud of what he did for SARS B.Edna may not be a rich lady but she is willing to do something for others C.Ruth leads a busy life and she feels very tired D.Ruth is angry because so many people ask her for money every day . 66.What’s the writer’s attitude towards charity ? A.The writer thinks it’s something only people like Ruth can afford to do . B.The writer just wants to inform us of the different ways to practice charity . C.The writer thinks it’s a virtue and admires the people who practice it . D.The writer doesn’t make it clear in the story . 67.The underlined part in the last paragraph probably means that A.when you look back sometimes , you need stand out B.when you want to do something for others , you need stand out C.the moment you stand out , you can do something for others D.what impresses people deeply is what they have done for others 66―70 CDADC D . In cities with rent control, the city government sets the maximum rent that a landlord(房东) can charge for an apartment. Supporters of rent control argue that it protects people who are living in apartments. Their
therefore, they are not in danger of losing their homes. However, the critics say that after a long time, rent control may have negative(负面的)effects. Landlords know that they cannot increase their profits. Therefore, they invest(投资)in other businesses where they can increase their profits. They do not invest in new buildings which would also be rent C controlled. As a result, new apartments are not built. Many people who need apartments cannot find any. According to the critics, the end result of rent control is a shortage of apartments in the city. Some theorists argue that the minimum wage law can cause problems in the same way. The federal government sets the minimum that an employer must pay workers. The minimum helps people who generally look for unskilled, low C paying jobs. However, if the minimum is high, employers may hire fewer workers. They will replace workers with machinery. Therefore, other things being equal, the number of workers that employers want decreases. Thus, critics hold the opinion that an increase in the minimum wage may cause unemployment. Some poor people may find themselves without jobs instead of with jobs at the minimum wage. Supporters of the minimum wage say that it helps people keep their dignity (尊严). Because of the law, workers cannot sell their services for less than the minimum. Furthermore, employers cannot force workers to accept jobs at unfair wages. Economic (经济的) theory predicts the results of economic decisions such as decisions about farm production, rent control, and the minimum wage. The predictions may be correct only if “other things are equal”. Economists do not agree on some of the predictions. They also do not agree on the value of different decisions. Some economists support a particular decision while others criticize it. Economists do agree, however, that there are no simple answers to economic questions. . 67.There is the possibility that setting maximum rent may A.cause a shortage of apartments B.worry those who rent apartments as homes C.increase the profits of landlords D.encourage landlords to invest in building apartment 68.We can safely say that rent control . A.will always benefit those who rent apartments B.is unnecessary C.will bring negative effects in the long run D.is necessary under all circumstances 69.The problem of unemployment will arise if . A.the minimum wage is set too high B.the minimum wage is set too low C.the workers are unskilled D.the maximum wage is set 70.The passage tells us about . A.the relationship between supply and demand B.the possible results of government controls C.the necessity of government control D.the urgency of getting rid of government controls 71.Which of the following statements is NOT true? A.The results of economic decisions can not always be predicted. B.Minimum wage can not always protect employees. C.Economic theory can predict the results of economic decisions if other factors are not changing. D.Economists usually have the same prediction about an economic decision. 67―71ACAB D (1) 已用 ) The people below are all looking for a hotel in Scotland for their holidays. After the description of these people, there is information about six Scotland hotels A-F. Decide which hotel would be most suitable for the people mentioned in questions 1-5 and then mark the correct letter(A-F) on your answer sheet. There is one extra paragraph about one hotel which you don’t need to use. 1.Two women friends who want to do several all-day hikes in the mountains during the spring. They like a place with traditional decorations and superb views 2.A woman with two children aged six and ten, who will spend July in Scotland. The children are interested in animals and plants and the mother enjoys fashions. 3.A handicapped lawyer who must use a wheelchair but drives her own car. She enjoys concerts, museums, fine architecture and swimming. She will spend the first two weeks of October in Scotland. 4. writer, a teacher and their one-year-old daughter. They want to be in a quiet place during A August. They enjoy good food, and like to take long walks(the baby rides in a back-pack). 5.An old couple, aged 65 and 68. They love mountain scenery and still take easy walks by the lakeside when they can. They hope to enjoy fresh air and some relaxing activities. A.Edinburgh. Post House A popular base for visitors to Edinburgh, this fine hotel stands next to the zoological Gardens within easy reach of the many famous sights, shops and entertainments of one of Europe’s most elegant capitals. B.Gatehouse of Fleet. Cally Hotel This impressive hotel, well-known for its good Scottish cooking, is an ideal choice for a relaxing family holiday. Set in 100 acres of private grounds, the Cally, a former stately home, has something for everyone including its own fishing lake, outdoor heated swimming pool, green lawn, tennis court, children’s playground and sauna baths. C.Glenborrodale. Glenborrodale Castle Hotel There can be few better places for a refreshing holiday than this picturesque hotel set in its own 120 acres of beautiful countryside by charming Lake Sunart on the Ardnamurchan Peninsular (半岛). Boating and fishing are both available here. D.Inverness. Royal Hotel! A unique feature of the Royal is its fine collection of antique furniture, china and glass. This friendly comfortable hotel, a favourite meeting place for the townspeople, is an excellent base for getting to know the Highlands-Lake Ness, Great Gien and Culloden Moor are all within easy reach. E.Peebles. Tontine Hotel The Tontine had a fascinating beginning-it was built in 1808. This homely hotel has been extended to make it a really comfortable base for exploring the Tweed Valley and the attractive Lowland country. F.North Berwick. Marine Hotel This fine hotel overlooks the famous West Links golf course and is close to several sandy beaches. The Marine has its own open-air swimming pool and putting green as well as tennis courts, squash courts and saunas. Edinburgh, well-know for its art festivals, is only some 24 miles away. (2)已用 ) Here are five letters from readers listed in 1-5. All the greetings and signatures are left out. Suppose you are a secretary of the magazine CR (Crazy English Reader), for each one find a suitable reply from A-F. Mark the correct letter (A-F) on your answer sheet. There is one extra reply which you don’t need to use. 1. I am a reader of CR. Recently I found students translate some articles of CR. I appreciate your offering an opportunity to us beginners to practise using English. So I want to ask how they can obtain these articles and translated them for you, and what qualities you require. Thank you. 2. I love your Crazy English Reader magazine! It provides valuable data for work in our English teaching. My wife and I are teaching Conversational English so I’ve been giving you a bit of a plug at our middle school. I told the students to “get a copy!” It’s good stuff! Fantastic! 3. I’m one of Yao’s fans from Guangzhou. I have read the Yao Ming articles in No.7 Crazy English Reader. I want to know his correspondence address and the official website. Could you please tell me? Thank you very much indeed. 4. First of all, I must say thank you very much to all the CE Reader editors who gave us a really good English magazine. Secondly, I want to give you a piece of advice. In each passage, you gave us some new words with their Chinese translation. However, as far as my knowledge, I think you should give us not only the Chinese meaning but also the English meaning so as to know the words more accurately. Thank you! 5. I am an editor of the English Monthly of our school. I have a question that is how to say the position of the paper e.g., 总编 责任编辑 and so on. I hope you can help me to tell me the word in English. The more the better. Thank you so much! I love the book very much. Now, I do this work, I need study more information about this work, if you have time, please email me. Thank you. A. Thank you for your suggestion. We may try that in some future issues of CR. I think the best way to improve your reading vocabulary is to be able to guess the meaning of the word from the other words around it. Also, if you have an English dictionary, it’s good to look up the words and then mark them down in a notebook and review them later on. Then if you really want to learn how to use the words, try using them in conversation or in writing. Hope this helps. B. The best way for you to learn the different positions in a newspaper or magazine is to get a copy of an all-English magazine or newspaper and then copy down the different positions. There are also titles such as Managing Editor, reporter, Copy Editor, Photo Editor and Layout Editor. I hope this helps. If you have some more specific questions, you can send them to me and I’ll try to answer. C.The best way to reach Yao directly is through his home team, the Shanghai Sharks. You can write him at 2570 Xietu Road, Shanghai. For more information on Yao, you can look at the sports section in sina. com. I hope this helps. Another idea is that you can try to write Yao while he’s living and playing in Houston. You can try to reach Yao in the US at: Yao Ming Compaq Centre 10 Houston, TX 77046 D. Thank you for being such a careful reader of CR. Yes, you’re right we made a mistake in the writing of that Chinese word. Each issue we try to read very carefully each article and its translation to make sure there are no mistakes, but unfortunately a few mistakes always get by. But you encourage us to keep improving, so thank you. E. Yes, we do have several students who help us translate some of the articles in our magazine. We contact these translators directly after interviewing their translation work. Afterwards we assign the articles to them for translation. If you are interested in being one of our translators you can send us some information about yourself and a sample of your translation work. F. Thank you for helping us to promote CR. We’re glad it’s helpful to your students. We always try to include articles that reflect real life. It’s our hope that CR will not only improve student’s English but also open up a different worldview. (3)已用 ) The people below are all looking for a course on Chinese to study. Read the following information about the six courses. Decide which course would be the most suitable for the people mentioned in questions 61-65 and then mark the correct letter (A-F) on your answer sheet. You can choose any letter more than once, and some of the letters may not be chosen. ______1. Mathew majors in media and hopes to understand Chinese broadcasting and TV News and communicate with the Chinese people. ______ 2. Sarah is a Learner of Chinese with a fairly good knowledge of basic Chinese grammar and a vocabulary of 2500, hoping to improve her Chinese ability in speaking, reading and writing. ______ 3. Lois majors in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language and hopes to improve her ability in translation. ______ 4. Dennis once has taught himself Chinese and can speak a little Chinese but with poor pronunciation and grammar, hoping to meet the needs of everyday life and study, and understand each other in basic communication through training. ______ 5. Georgia specializes in the Chinese language and culture at the average. He plans to have a tour in China. A. Comprehensive language skill training 100 lessons in total focusing on pronunciation, grammar and discourse (语段). To enable the learner to master the basic knowledge of the Chinese language, to have the basic ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing, so that they are able to communicate with others and to meet the needs of everyday life, study and socialty. This will lay a foundation for further study of Chinese. B. Intermediate (中等) Chinese Comprehensive Course 40 lessons in all, focusing on the training of the comprehensive skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing of intermediate Chinese. To enable the students to recognize, understand and use the active and less active words, to improve their ability of expressing themselves in paragraphs and discourse, to master the new words, patterns, grammatical structures, paragraphs and discourse and means of connections so as to express the meaning of the texts correctly and fluently in paragraphs and discourse. C. News Listening Based on frequently used words, typical sentences and information and concentrating on improving the ability of listening comprehension. To improve the ability of collecting information, to grasp the knowledge and skills they have learned and to understand the broadcasting and TV news of similar themes and relevant level of difficulty with the correctness of 80%. To build up the foundation for further study. D. Elementary English-Chinese Translation 25 classes in total, including various styles such as poems, popular science, political comments and news, about every aspect of everyday life. The texts vary from easy to difficult and combine theory with practice as well as translation and interpretation. About 185 hours are needed. To familiarize the learner with the equivalent (对应的) Chinese expressions of English. To enable them to know usage of Chinese and English words and sentences, cultural differences and the background knowledge. E. Elementary Spoken Chinese in Business 24 units in all. Chinese words and expressions in business and trade are introduced in the form of vivid situational dialogues, notes and exercises. To enable the learner to master the words and expressions of elementary spoken business Chinese and to communicate with others in trade and business. F. Chinese Human Geography Introduction to geographic environment and cultural phenomena in various parts of China, such as natural features, historical backgrounds, religious sites, ancient battle fields, dramas and arts, traditional products, and special food, etc. Through the introduction to historical and cultural sites and scenery, the learner will have a general view about Chinese geography, history, culture and regional features. Getting away for a short time always seems like a great idea ― until you have to pack. But packing won’t be a problem if you keep in mind one simple rule. Whether you’ll be sleeping overnight at a friend’s house, or visiting a relative for a week, the rule is: pack light. Here are some tips to help you pack. (4) ) The following people are expressing their thoughts (1--5) to show their concern for food, environment and so on.After that are pieces of related information (A--F) .Now decide which piece of information would be most suitable for the thought and idea mentioned in questions61---5 and mark your answer letter (A---F) on your answer sheet. There is one extra paragraph which you do not need to use. ______1.How I was struck by the clear water and fresh air in my childhood! But everything has changed, that is, the clear water and fresh air are nowhere to be found again as they were. Above all, a great deal of waste hardly rots away. ______2.More and more people are beginning to have a good knowledge of the importance of a safer and cleaner environment, which in turn forces the business to be cleaned up. ______3. Organic products are getting more and more popular among people, but we should know the fact that organic products might also have something to do with pesticides. ______4.I`m very much fond of growing some vegetables of my own in my small garden, for many vegetables on sale in markets are actually becoming more and more dangerous as a result of widespread pesticides. ______5.Nowadays it is very convenient for consumers to find and buy green food in supermarkets as they are clearly marked. A.&Organic produce is always better, &Gold said.&The food is free of pesticides(农药) ,and you are generally supporting family farms instead of large farms.And more often than not it is locally grown and seasonal, so it is more tasty.& Gold is one of a growing number of shoppers buying into the organic trend, and supermarkets across Britain are counting on more like him as they grow their organic food business. B.Market research shows that Gold and others who buy organic food can generally give clear reasons for their preferences - but their knowledge of organic food is far from complete.For example, small amounts of pesticides can be used on organic products.And about three quarters of organic food in Britain is not local but imported to meet growing demand.&The demand for organic food is increasing by about one third every year, so it is a very fast-growing market, &said Sue Flock, a specialist in this line of business. C.Many cities around the world today are heavily polluted.Careless methods of production and lack of consumer demand for environment-friendly products have contributed to the pollution problem.One result is that millions of tons of glass, paper, plastic, and metal containers are produced, and these are difficult to get rid of. D.However, today, more and more consumers are choosing &green& and demanding that the products they buy should be safe for the environment.Before they buy a product, they ask questions like these: &Will this shampoo damage the environment?& &Can this metal container be reused or can it only be used once?& E.Only a few years ago, it was impossible to find green products in supermarkets, but now there are hundreds.Some supermarket products carry labels(标签) to show that the product is green. Some companies have made the manufacturing(制造) of clean and safe products their main selling point and emphasize it in their advertising. F. concern for a safer and cleaner environment is making companies rethink how they do The business.No longer will the public accept the old attitude of &Buy it, use it, throw it away, and forget it.& The public pressure is on, and gradually business is cleaning up its act. (5) ) The people below are all trying to choose which TV programme to watch. After the description of these people, there is information about six TV programmes A-F. Decide which programme would be most suitable for the person mentioned in questions 1-5 and then mark the correct letter (A-F) on your answer sheet. There is one extra paragraph about one programme which you do not need to use. __________1.Although Rob lead a quiet life in a small village, that doesn’t stop him from wanting to find out about the latest scientific development. __________2.Bella enjoys eating out but can’t afford to spend very much at the moment as she is saving for a holiday. She has never learnt how to cook, so now might be quite a good time to find out! ____________3. Dan is interested in taking wildlife photographs and enjoys the kind of programme which gives him a chance to see a professional photographer at work. _____________4. Gina is a music teacher. Although she prefers classical music, she likes to follow the kind of music that interests the teenagers she teaches. ____________5.Ron’s wife is in hospital. He wants to finds a programme suitable for his three-year-old son while he gets on with the housework and prepares a meal. TODAYS TELEVISION PROGRAMME PREVIEW A.TV1 7:20 p.m. Find out more about Australia’s animal life. This film was made last year by one of Australia’s best-known cameramen, Dougie Bond. He spen

我要回帖

更多关于 四年级英语阅读短文 的文章

随机推荐