其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码n. 休克;震惊;震动;打击;禾束堆
vt. 使休克;使震惊;使震动;使受电击;把…堆成禾束堆
vi. 感到震惊;受到震动;堆成禾束堆
adj. 浓密的;蓬乱的
n. (Shock)人名;(英)肖克
考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. 音译“休克”。
震惊,震动,震荡,休克可能来自中古荷兰语 schokken,摇动,摇晃,猛拉,猛推,来自 Proto-Germanic*skakana,摇动, 颤动,来自 PIE*skek,摇动,摇晃,词源同 shake.引申诸相关词义。
shock: English has two words shock in current general usage. Shock ‘heavy blow, unpleasant surprise’ [16] was borrowed from French choc, a derivative of the verb choquer ‘strike’, whose origins are unknown. Shock ‘thick shaggy mass of hair’ [19] is a nominalization of an earlier adjective shock ‘thick and shaggy’ [17], but it is not clear where this came from. It has been linked with the obsolete shough, which referred to a sort of dog, and another possibility is that it is connected with the now little used shock ‘stack of sheaves of corn’ [14]. This was probably borrowed from Middle Dutch or Middle Low German schok.1560s, "violent encounter of armed forces or a pair of warriors," a military term, from Middle French choc "violent attack," from Old French choquer "strike against," probably from Frankish, from a Proto-Germanic imitative base (compare Middle Dutch schokken "to push, jolt," Old High German scoc "jolt, swing").

Meaning "a sudden blow" is from 1610s; meaning "a sudden and disturbing impression on the mind" is from 1705. Sense of "feeling of being (mentally) shocked" is from 1876. Medical sense is attested from 1804 (it also once meant "seizure, stroke," 1794). Shock-absorber is attested from 1906 (short form shocks attested by 1961); shock wave is from 1907. Shock troops (1917) translates German stosstruppen and preserves the word's original military sense. Shock therapy is from 1917; shock treatment from 1938."bundle of grain," early 14c., from Middle Low German schok "shock of corn," originally "group of sixty," from Proto-Germanic *skukka- (cognates: Old Saxon skok, Dutch schok "" German schock "sixty," Hocke "heap of sheaves"). In 16c.-17c. English the word sometimes meant "60-piece lot," from trade with the Dutch."thick mass of hair," 1819, from earlier shock (adj.) "having thick hair" (1680s), and a noun sense of "lap dog having long, shaggy hair" (1630s), from shough (1590s), the name for this type of dog, which was said to have been brought originally from I the word is perhaps from the source of
(n.2), or from an Old Norse variant of
(n.). Shock-headed Peter was used in 19c. translations for German Struwwelpeter."to come into violent contact, strike against suddenly and violently," 1570s, now archaic or obsolete, from
(n.1). Meaning "to give (something) an electric shock" is from 1746; sense of "to offend, displease" is first recorded 1690s."arrange (grain) in a shock," mid-15c., from
(n.2). Related: Shocked; shocking.
1. The violence in her tone gave Alistair a shock.
她语气之强烈令阿利斯泰尔深感震惊。 来自柯林斯例句 2. It was quite a shock to see my face on that screen!
从那个屏幕上看到我的脸,真让人惊愕不已。 来自柯林斯例句 3. The shock waves yesterday were felt from Las Vegas to San Diego.
昨天从拉斯维加斯到圣迭戈都感觉到了这几股冲击波。 来自柯林斯例句 4. The documentary left me in a state of shock.
那部纪录片使我大为震惊。 来自柯林斯例句 5. The shock waves of the earthquake were felt in Teheran.
地震带来的冲击波在德黑兰也能感觉到。 来自柯林斯例句
优词APP安卓版已正式发布;苹果版正在申请审核,所以还要等一段时间。
大家好!目前本站一直处于贴钱维持状态,在经历上次网站被屏蔽的事件后,又彻底清除了网站上所有的广告。
为了能继续维持网站的正常运转并能在后续为大家开发更多、更好的功能,遂开通了赞助通道,但由于赞助效果不佳,
现对赞助进行一些调整,将对符合条件的赞助者回馈大量的优质资源并赠送一些特殊福利,让赞助者能够获得物有所值的回报。
详细信息请点击下面的按钮:
(特别提醒:请符合条件的赞助者,在赞助时务必在留言中留下您的邮箱,
以便我们及时发放福利!如果忘了,请通过微博私信或者网站底部的联系通道告知我们)解释electric shock什么意思_百度知道
解释electric shock什么意思
我有更好的答案
electric shock电休克双语对照词典结果:electric shock[英][iˈlektrik ʃɔk][美][ɪˈlɛktrɪk ʃɑk]n.电震,电击; 复数:electric shocks以上结果来自金山词霸例句:1.He teaches them to move around a small chamber to avoid a mild electric shock to their feet. 他教它们在一间小房间里走动并躲避一种对爪子的温和的电击。
采纳率:90%
来自团队:
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
shock的相关知识
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。一键安装桌面版,查词翻译快三倍
选择要添加的生词本
He has never recovered from the shock of your brother's death...
他从未从你哥哥去世的打击中恢复过来。
(身心受到的)打击,震惊
Shock is a person's emotional and physical condition when something very frightening or upsetting has happened to them.
The little boy was speechless with shock...
那小男孩惊得说不出话来。
She's still in a state of shock.
她仍惊魂未定。
If someone is in shock, they are suffering from a serious physical condition in which their blood is not flowing round their body properly, for example because they have had a bad injury.
He was found beaten and in shock...
发现他被打得休克了。
They escaped the blaze but were rushed to hospital suffering from shock.
他们逃离了火海,却因休克而被迅速送往医院。
使震惊;使惊愕;打击
If something shocks you, it makes you feel very upset, because it involves death or suffering and because you had not expected it.
After forty years in the police force nothing much shocks me...
在警队呆了 40 年后,我对什么都见怪不怪了。
Relief workers were shocked by what they saw.
救援人员被眼前的景象惊呆了。
(因行为粗鲁或不道德而)使不快,使气愤,使厌恶,使反感
If someone or something shocks you, it upsets or offends you because you think it is rude or morally wrong.
You can't shock me...
我不会被你激怒的。
They were easily shocked in those days...
在那个年代,他们动不动就对一些事情看不顺眼。
(通告、事件等)令人惊愕的,令人震惊的
A shock announcement or event is one which shocks people because it is unexpected.
...the shock announcement that she is to resign.
她将要辞职的惊人声明
...a shock defeat.
令人震惊的落败
(对经济、传统、生活方式的)冲击,撞击
A shock is something sudden and unexpected that threatens the economy, traditions, or way of life of a group of people.
This is the latest in a series of shocks to the Scandinavian banking system.
这是一系列对斯堪的纳维亚银行系统的冲击中最近的一次。
...the economic pain of two oil shocks.
两次原油冲击下的经济萧条
A shock is the force of something suddenly hitting or pulling something else.
Steel barriers can bend and absorb the shock.
钢制栅栏可以弯曲并能吸收冲击力。
A shock is the same as an electric shock .
A shock is a shock absorber .
Do you think I need new shocks?
你认为我需要换新的减震器吗?
浓密的一堆(头发)
A shock of hair is a very thick mass of hair on a person's head.
...a very old priest with a shock of white hair.
满头白发、年事已高的神父
A short, sharp shock is a punishment that is fairly harsh and severe but only lasts for a short time.
词霸Android版
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
创建新的生词本
i该生词本已经创建啦!
i不可以出现中文,英文,数字之外的符号哒!
i生词本名称长度不能大于24字符!
i请填写生词本名称!understand怎么读?_百度知道
该问题可能描述不清,建议你
understand怎么读?
我有更好的答案
英 [ʌndəˈstand] &美 [ˌəndərˈstænd]understand【词类】动词【释义】理解,明白,懂。【短语】1、I Understand&译:我明白2、fully understand&译:完全理解3、make myself understand译:自己能被别人理解【例句】1、He didn't understand a word I said.译:我的话他一句也不懂。2、He could usually make himself understood.译:他通常能让人理解3、She understood what he was saying.译:她听得懂他的话。4、She didn't really understand the situation.译:她对情况并不真正了解。5、He couldn't understand why we burst out laughing.译:他不明白我们为何突然放声大笑。
采纳率:99%
英文原文:understand英式音标:[ʌndəˈstænd] 美式音标:[ˈʌndɚˈstænd]
本回答被网友采纳
昂的死单(后面的d可不发音)
explain和carefully怎么读
英语我都好久没读了,有些单词我也不确定
3条折叠回答
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
understand的相关知识
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包