After a week ofare you sleepingg in his car,he walked nervous...

小题1:B小题2:C小题3:A小题4:D试题分析:本文讲述了一个饭店的老板用很善良的行为帮助了一个年轻人的故事,告诉我们要多给予别人帮助,我们的生活才会更美好。小题1:B 细节题。根据文章第一段1,2行In 1971 a young man who grew up very poor was travelling across the country, trying to make a new start for himself可知他这样做是为了让生活有一个新的开始,故B正确。小题2:C 推理题。根据On the way out of town, he began to understand what the owner did.Maybe nobody dropped the money at all.说明他已经知道了那20元钱就是老板故意给他的,给他留有尊严。故C正确。小题3:A 细节题。根据文章倒数5行So I just made a promise to help other people if I can.”Later, he worked very hard and became a rich man.Now he lives near Kansas City.Each year he gives away thousands of dollars.He is known as the “Secret Santa” because at Christmas time each year, he personally hands money out to those on the street and at restaurants.Last year, he gave more than $50,000 away in Kansas City.可知他信守了诺言,一直都在帮助穷人。故A正确。小题4:D 主旨大意题,本文讲述的故事是为了告诉我们要多给予别人以帮助,我们才能取得更大的幸福。故D项内容正确。点评:本文讲述了一个饭店的老板用很善良的行为帮助了一个年轻人的故事,告诉我们要多给予别人帮助,我们的生活才会更美好。本文主旨鲜明,很容易在文中找到答案。做题时要注意文章的首段和每一段的首句或尾句,因为它们往往就是文章的主题句。阅读中要注意要点之间的关系。然后带着问题,再读全文,找出答题所需要的依据,完成阅读任务。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
阅读表达:[1]An 18-year-old student was struggling to pay his fees. He was an orphan, and not knowing where to turn for money, he came up with a bright idea. He and a friend decided to host a musical concert on campus to raise money for their education.[2]They reached out to the great pianist Ignacy J. Paderewski. His manager demanded a guaranteed fee of $2000 for the piano recital. A deal was struck and the boys began to work to make the concert a success.[3]The big day arrived. But unfortunately, they had not managed to sell enough tickets. The total collection was only $1600. Disappointed, they went to Paderewski and explained their plight(困境). They gave him the entire $1600, plus a cheque for the balance(差额) $400. They promised to pay the cheque at the soonest possible.[4]“No,” said Paderewski. “This is not acceptable.” He tore up the cheque, returned the $1600 and told the two boys: “Here’s the $1600. Please deduct(扣除)whatever expenses you have spent on. Keep the money you need for your fees. And just give me whatever is left”. The boys were surprised, and thanked him a lot.[5]It was a small act of kindness. But it clearly marked out Paderewski as a great human being.[6]Why should he help two people he did not even know? We all come across situations like these in our lives. And most of us only think “If I help them, what would happen to me?” The truly great people think, “If I don’t help them, what will happen to them?” They don’t do it expecting something in return. They do it because they feel it’s the right thing to do. [7]Paderewski later went on to become the Prime Minister of Poland. He was regarded as a great leader in Poland’s history.小题1:Why did the student decide to hold the musical concert? (Within 10 words)___________________________________________________________________________小题2:What do you know about Ignacy J. Paderewski? (Within 15 words)________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________小题3:Please find a word in the text to replace the word “recital” in Paragraph 2.____________________________________________________________________________小题4:How did the boys feel on hearing what Paderewski said? (No more than 5 words) ___________________________________________________________________________小题5:What should we learn from Paderewski’s words in Paragraph 6? (Within 20 words)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Today, I felt terrible. My head was full of problems, burdens and confusion. I decided to take a walk even though I didn’t know where I would go.The most extraordinarything happened when I was out on this walk. I saw an old man sitting on a chair. He was a seller of second-hand shoes. He looked at least 70 years old. He seemed so tired and nobody bought his shoes. I wanted to give him something but I had not brought anything with me.Then, a little girl came toward him. I heard the child say, “Grandpa, may I polish your shoes?” That old man took pity on her and he gave her a shoe to polish. The girl said, “I polish the shoe because I need money to buy my brother a new school uniform.”I heard this and tears filled my eyes. The old man answered, “Oh, little girl. Just stop doing this. Come with me and I will buy you a uniform.” Then they walked to a market and I followed close behind them. There he bought her a uniform. The girl said, “Thank you so much for doing this. May God bless you.” Then she left, leaving the old man smiling.The old man walked away from the market, but I stopped him. I whispered in his ear, “You are a hero! Thank you for your kindness!” As I walked away, I glanced back and I could see him still smiling.My own sadness had disappeared, chased away by the light of this kind act. I began realizing that I have a lot to be thankful for. I hope, some day, I can show my appreciation of what I have by following the example of the old man who only had a little, but shared it happily with someone who had nothing.小题1:The author decided to take a walk in order to&&&&.A.build himself upB.lighten his moodC.enjoy the scenery nearbyD.find out something special小题2:When seeing the old shoe seller, the author felt&&&.A.happyB.sympatheticC.regretfulD.disappointed小题3:Why did the girl offer to polish shoes for the old man?A.She took pity on him.B.She intended to take care of him.C.She meant to be friendly to him.D.She wanted to earn some money.小题4:By sharing the story, the author conveys a message that&&&&.A.a kind act can cheer us upB.old men often set us examplesC.people value what they don’t haveD.helping others means helping ourselves小题5:What would be the best title for the passage?A.A clever little girlB.A pair of old shoesC.A kind shoe sellerD.A girl’s new uniform
Bertie knew there was something in the wind. His mother had been sad in recent days, not sick, just strangely sad. The lion had just lain down beside him, his head warm on Bertie's feet when Father cleared his throat and began," You'll soon be eight, Bertie. A boy needs a proper education. We've found the right place for you, a school near Salisbury in England."His heart filled with a terrible fear, all Bertie could think of was his white lion. "But the lion," he cried, "What about the lion?""I'm afraid there's something else I have to tell you," his father said. Looking across at Bertie's mother, he took a deep breath. Then he told Bertie he had met a circus(马戏团) owner from France, who was over in Africa looking for lions to buy. He would come to their farm in a few days. "No! You can't send him to a circus!" said Bertie. "People will come to see him. He'll be shut up behind bars. I promised him he never would be. And they will laugh at him. He'd rather die. Any animal would! " But as he looked across the table at them, he knew their minds were quite made up. Bertie felt completely betrayed. He waited until he heard his father's deep breathing next door. With his white lion at his heels, he crept downstairs in his pyjamas, took down his father's rifle from the rack and stepped out into the night. He ran and ran till his legs could run no more. As the sun came up over the grassland, he climbed to the top of a hill and sat down, his arms round the lion's neck. The time had come. "Be wild now," he whispered. "You've got to be wild. Don't ever come home. All my life I'll think of you. I promise I will." He buried his head in the lion's neck. Then, Bertie clambered down the hill and walked away. When he looked back, the lion was still sittin but then he stood up, yawned, stretched, and sprang down after him. Bertie shouted at him, but he kept coming. He threw sticks. He threw stones. Nothing worked.There was only one thing left to do. With tears filling his eyes and his mouth, he lifted the rifle to his shoulder and fired over the lion's head.小题1:Bertie's mother was sad probably because she ______.A.had been seriously ill recentlyB.had decided to send Bertie to schoolC.knew selling the lion would upset BertieD.knew Bertie would hate to go to England小题2:The underlined word "they" in Para.4 probably refers to ______.A.some audience B.other animalsC.Bertie's parentsD.circus owners小题3:In the last paragraph, the boy lifted the rifle to ______.A.kill the lion out of fearB.threaten the lion back to the wildC.protect himself from the lionD.show his anger towards his father小题4:The passage intends to show that ______.A.animal-hunting is popular in AfricaB.parents are sometimes cruel to their childrenC.animals usually lead a miserable life in circusesD.people and animals can be faithful to each other
题型:完形填空
It happened to a very young pastor (牧师).His church was very old and what's worse, a storm knocked a hole in the wall of the church.One day the pastor1_____an auction(拍卖)and bid a beautiful tablecloth for six dollars. Hecarried the cloth back to the church and put it up on the wall. It completely hid the 2_____!Just before noon of Christmas Eve, the pastor noticed a woman standing in the cold at the bus stop. “The 3 _____won’t be here for 40 minutes!” he called, and he invited her into the church to get 4_____ .She told him that she had come from the city to be interviewed for ajob as governess to the children of one wealthy family in town but she had been turned down.The woman saw the tablecloth and rose suddenly. The pastor smiled and started to tell her about the storm 5_____, but she didn’tseem to 6_____“It is mine!” she said. “My husband had the cloth made 7_____ for mc !She explained that she and her husband decided to go separately in the War II. They planned that he would 8_____ her. But she never saw him again. Later she heard that he had died. The pastor tried to 9_____ her, advising her to take the cloth with her. She 10_____ . Then she went away.On Christmas Eve, after the service in church, one middle-aged man—the local clock-and-watch repairman—looked rather 11_____.‘‘It is strange,”he said in his soft accent.“ Many years ago, my wife and I owned such a cloth.The pastor suddenly became very 12_____ . He told him about the woman who had been in church 13_____ in the day.Together the two got in touch with the 14_____ who had interviewed her. And this man and his wife -who had been separated through so many saddened 15_____were reunited.小题1:A.hadB. attendedC. heldD. took小题2:A.wallB. churchC. holeD. table小题3:A.bossB. companyC. trainD. bus小题4:A.warmB. readyC. coolD. calm小题5:A.damageB. storyC. factD. truth小题6:A.workB. believeC. listenD. understand小题7:A.carefullyB. attentivelyC. finallyD. especially小题8:A.joinB. writeC. bringD. leave小题9:A.amuseB. comfortC. pleaseD. help小题10:A.criedB. acceptedC. refusedD. continued小题11:A.puzz ledB. delightedC. determinedD. disappionted小题12:A.sadB. shockedC. hopefulD. excited小题13:A.laterB. earlierC. warmerD. colder小题14:A.womanB. managerC. husbandD. family小题15:A.weeksB. countriesC. ChristmasesD. centuries
While many teenagers may dream of meeting with pop star Jay Chou or NBA hero Yao Ming, Li Jing had a far more powerful person on her mind. The Senior 2 from Beijing No. 35 High School dreamt of meeting Russian President Vladimir Putin. After more than a year of hard work and with a little good luck, Li fulfilled(实现) her dream. On October 11, 2004, the 16-year-old girl joined a team of Chinese Journalists who went to the Kremlin(克里姆林宫), Moscow, to interview Putin. Li felt nervous before talking with Putin.“But his greeting and warm smile put me at ease,” she said. Li admires Putin very much, because of his strong will and style of leadership. “He looks very cool,” Li said. During her interview, Li asked Putin whether he plans to educate his two teenage daughters to be officials in the future. Putin smiled and answered he hopes they can do whatever job suits their interests and personalities. Although Li would only have several minutes, she started working on her interview questions last August after applying for the opportunity. “Journalists” work is by no means easy. You need to do lots of homework on your interviewee,”she said. She read many books about Putin and Russia in her spare time. Li’s parents encouraged her to be a student journalist. “We fully support her, as long as it does not affect studies,”said her father. Previous in her job for a student magazine, Chinese Young Journalists, she wrote a letter to President Hu Jintao during the SARS epidemic(流行疫情). Li has learnt a lot from her experience. She said learning to manage her time and develop the confidence to speak with important people were not things she could learn in class.小题1:The underlined word “interviewee” in the fifth paragraph probably means __________.A.the person who interviews othersB.the person who is interviewedC.the person who know how to interviewD.the person who plan to interview famous people小题2:Which of the following best describes Li Jing’s parents’ attitude towards her being a student journalist?A.They think to a student journalist is purely a waste of time.B.They worry that to be a student journalist will affect her studiesC.They consider it is quite good for Li Jing if it doesn’t affect her studies.D.They neither support it nor object to it.小题3:Li Jing is different from those students of her age because __________.A.she doesn’t like pop star Jay ChouB.she hates meting with the NBA hero Yao MingC.she wants to meet neither Jay Chou nor Yao MingD.She dreams of meeting the president powerful Russian leader小题4:Which of the following statements is Not True?A.Li realized her dream not just because of her hard workB.Li was at easy at the first sight of president PutinC.Li considers Putin a great leader because of his strong will and style of leadershipD.Li thinks impossible to learn in class the confidence to speak with great people小题5:It can be inferred from the passage that________A.Everybody can be a journalist easily.B.Putin will force his daughters to what he plans for them.C.President Hu Jintao answered Lijing’s letter.D.Journalists must get permission to ask questions.
The life of an actor appears attractive and many young people dream about becoming one. But the truth is, it is very hard work. If you’re successful, there are deadlines to be met, appointments to keep and the press to deal with. If you’re not successful, then life is extremely tough.I remember when I started out, I had to search the advertisement board at my drama school every day to look for acting jobs. Drama school was expensive and I needed extra cash to help pay the fees. I welcomed every small job. I played extras in many crowd scenes and became a confident participant in a lot of TV commercials for hair shampoo, soap and washing powder.I had been working for about two years before I got my lucky break. One day, as I was passing the drama school, I decided to go in to check the notice board. There was nothing on it and I was just leaving when the secretary came along the corridor with a piece of paper. She asked me how I was and I told her life was hard and work was difficult to find. The next moment, she put the paper in my hand and walked away. My hands were shaking as I unfolded the paper, full of expectation. To my surprise, it was an audition (试演) for a clown(小丑)for the Canadian circus. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. I had expected an audition with a famous director for a new film!When I was at drama school, there had been a course in acrobatics and clown tricks. I had gained top marks in this course for originality and daring. Later I went to the audition feeling very strange. This was not what I’d had in mind when I enrolled in drama school. To my surprise, the job as a clown turned out to be exactly what I wanted. I loved every moment of getting dressed up and putting on the make-up. I had the opportunity to travel the world and I was more than an actor, I was an entertainer as well. I had visited over 32 different countries and entertained millions of people. 小题1:The first paragraph is about how _______ it is to be an actor, whether you’re successful or not.A.easyB.attractiveC.enjoyableD.difficult小题2:According to paragraph 3, the writer went into the drama school __________.A.to look for a job B.to see the secretaryC.to collect a piece of paper D.to put a notice on the notice board小题3:Which of the following can best describe the author’s feeling when he unfolded the paper?A.Extremely frightened.B.Feeling anxious and excited.C.Very worried.D.Trembling with fear.小题4:From the whole passage, we can tell that the writer is ___________.A.sad that he was not a famous actor B.happy to travel the world C.feeling very strange to be a clown D.very content with his life小题5:Which of the following would be the best title?A.The Life of a TV ActorB.Acrobatics and Clown Tricks C.More than an ActorD.Going to Drama School
The first visit to a foreign country that I can remember was when I was about seven years old. We live about 5 miles away from the Canadian border(边界). My family and I went to Parc Safari, Quebec, a wonderful place that has animals and rides. We drove down a nice long road. My sister and I sat in the back of the car, and it was a hatchback(有仓门式后背的汽车) so we opened it up. I remember feeding the animals snacks we had bought for ourselves.The time we went we were told there would not be monkeys because they had escaped and had not been found. I remember thinking to myself, how cool it would be to see a monkey in our backyard.Even though the monkeys were not there it was still so much fun. When we reached the area that had camels, giraffes and other animals, I remember one of the camels reached into the car to get our snacks. However, we were a little gross out because the camels seemed to froth(吐白沫) at the mouth and we had camel slobber(口水) all over the car and us.It was one of the best family vacations that I can remember. It was not too far from home, it was in a different country and it was with my family. I cannot remember if we went on the rides or not but seeing many animals was a great time. Now I am grown up and have a son, and I am planning to go there again. He is 7 years old and I think he is at a great age to enjoy a trip like this. I am sure it has changed a lot over the years but it will still be a great family trip.小题1:Where did the author live when he was 7 years old?A.In CanadaB.Near the Canadian borderC.In the central USD.In Parc Safari小题2: We fed the animals something _____.A.offered by people living thereB.we bought for themC.we prepared for ourselvesD.cooked by my sister小题3:what does the underlined part “gross out” in paragraph 3 probably mean?A.surprisedB.excitedC.tired D.uncomfortable小题4: What does the author intend to do?A.To revisit the place he went to at seven.B.To take his 7-year-old son to a zoo.C.To have a family trip in his own country.D.To have a holiday abroad with his parents.
题型:完形填空
完形填空Charles Plumb, a U.S. Naval Academy graduate, was a jet fighter pilot in Vietnam. After 75 combat missions, his plane was &&36&&by a surface-to-air missile. Plumb was &&37&&and spent six years in prison in Vietnam. He survived and now &&38&&about lessons learned from that experience.One day, Plumb and his wife were sitting in a restaurant when a man at another table came up and said, "You're Plumb! You &&39&&jet fighters in Vietnam from the aircraft carrier (航空母舰) Kitty Hawk . You were &&40&&!""How in the world did you know that?" asked Plumb."I &&41&&your parachute," the man replied. Plumb gasped(倒吸一口气) in surprise and &&42&&.The man pumped his hand and said, "I guess it worked!"Plumb assured him, "It &&43&&did—if your chute hadn't worked, I wouldn't be here today." Plumb couldn't sleep that night,thinking about that man. He says, "I wondered how many times I might have passed him &&44&&the Kitty Hawk. I wondered how many times I might have seen him and not even said 'Good morning, how are you', or anything &&45&&, you see, I was a fighter pilot and he was just a &&46&&."Plumb thought of the many days the sailor had spent on a long wooden table in the bowels(深处)of the ship &&47&&working on each chute, holding in his hands each time the &&48&&of someone he didn't know.Plumb asks his &&49&&, "Who's packing your &&50&? Everyone has someone who provides what they need to make it &&51&&the day." Plumb also says that he needed many kinds of parachutes when his plane was shot down-he needed his &&52&&parachute, his mental parachute, his emotional parachute, and his spiritual parachute. He called on all these &&53&&before reaching safety. His experience reminds us all to &&54&&and be kind to people who pack our daily parachutes, and strengthen us to go through &&55&&times.小题1:A.followedB.destroyedC.spied D.seen小题2:A.releasedB.woundedC.capturedD.killed小题3:A.lecturesB.givesC.studiesD.hears小题4:A.repairedB.made C.flewD.cleaned小题5:A.taken downB.looked downC.set downD.shot down小题6:A.boughtB.checkedC.found D.packed小题7:A.gratefullyB.suspiciously C.happilyD.sadly小题8:A.almostB.surelyC.narrowlyD.nearly小题9:A.abroadB.inC.onD.at小题10:A.so B.becauseC.unlessD.though小题11:A.sailorB.captainC.pilot D.technician小题12:A.unwillinglyB.immediatelyC.worriedly D.carefully小题13:A.deathB.fortuneC.fateD.chance小题14:A.wifeB.children C.sailorsD.audience小题15:A.luggageB.bagC.parachute D.future小题16:A.throughB.toC.up to D.as小题17:A.psychologicalB.physical C.imaginary D.safe小题18:A.spiritsB.emotions C.supportsD.people小题19:A.awardB.recognizeC.rewardD.help小题20:A.happyB.toughC.comfortableD.cosy

我要回帖

更多关于 are you sleeping 的文章

随机推荐