if you and mee whether ...

Can you check it and tell me whether I can email participants这句话的语法对么_百度知道
Can you check it and tell me whether I can email participants这句话的语法对么
提问者采纳
法没错,但是这样会更通顺、也不会有歧义.希望能帮到你:Can you check it and tell me whether I can email it to the participants
提问者评价
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他2条回答
差不多能看懂就行,你不是去考试
应该没错,不过用if也可以。
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁Use whether in a sentence | whether sentence examples
Whether Sentence Examples
LINK / CITE
ADD TO WORD LIST
Whether we want to admit it or not, we all wish everyone would like us.He needs you right now, whether he knows it or not.It would be four to six weeks before they would know whether the procedure was successful.Unsure whether to move away from him or verbally fend him off, she did neither.There is some debate as to whether the poor should even try to feed themselves.She had some money tucked away in a cookie jar in the kitchen and she intended to pay him something, whether he liked it or not.Then suddenly she began to wonder whether this was right.Whether or not you take my deal, I'll help her.It was hard to tell whether the sarcasm had gone over his head or he simply wasn't amused.It was hard to say whether Alex was withholding facts so she couldn't contest his decisions or it simply didn't concern her.If he made a choice, she wanted it to be the choice he'd make whether or not she was there.I was unsure whether my husband would actually come with me.Then I will decide whether to destroy you with the others or not.Whether things in the future stay the same as they are today or change from what they are today, both are understood in terms of the current reality.She'd been on the verge of dying, discussing how her impending death forced her to decide whether she wanted to live or mourn."Whether Dolokhov comes or not, we must seize it, eh?" said Denisov with a merry sparkle in his eyes."And mama can't tell whether my face is dirty or not!" added the other childish voice, gleefully.I always tried to find out what interested her most, and made that the starting-point for the new lesson, whether it had any bearing on the lesson I had planned to teach or not.I have looked after the wild stock of the town, which give a faithful herdsman a good deal of troub and I have had an eye to the unfrequented nooks and though I did not always know whether Jonas or Solomon worked in a particular field to- that was none of my business.Whether or not she tells him is the big question.Whether it was Pumpkin's advice or the sunny day, Cynthia's mood lightened as they drove.We have recently been experimenting with heat meters, to see whether the possibility of charging via their readings is viable.It was hard to tell whether he was trying to impress his sister or shock her.Carmen was always willing to listen, whether it was something happening at work or his plans about the wildlife safari.Please tell me, Mr. Wizard, whether you called yourself Oz after this great country, or whether you believe my country is called Oz after you.We wonder whether there are any performance gains in using threads.Whether that mattress was stuffed with corn-cobs or broken crockery, there is no telling, but I rolled about a good deal, and could not sleep for a long time.Therefore it has always seemed best to me to teach anything whenever my pupil needed to know it, whether it had any bearing on the projected lesson or not, her inquiries have often led us far away from the subject under immediate consideration.He had volunteered his help, and now he was going make his offer good... whether he wanted to or not.Whether it was the panic in my voice or my description of the facts, Jackson was beginning to realize the seriousness of what might be happening in his jurisdiction.It was hard to say whether she would visit Alex, or whether he would even know who she was.I say this continual smoking must have been one cause, at least, of his
for every one knows that this earthly air, whether ashore or afloat, is terribly infected with the nameless miseries of the numberless mortals who h and as in time of the cholera, some people go about with a camphorated handkerc so, likewise, against all mortal tribulations, Stubb's tobacco smoke might have operated as a sort of disinfecting agent.Whenever any one asks me if she will understand this or that word I always reply: Never mind whether she understands each separate word of a sentence or not.Compared to what preoccupied him, was it not a matter of indifference whether he lived with his wife or not?Whether he had arranged things to work out this way or not, her resources had been cut seriously.Y for they eat of the dama-fruit, as we all do, and that keeps them from being seen by any eye, whether human or animal.Stop, S somehow, now, I don't well know whether to go back and strike him, or--what's that?--down here on my knees and pray for him?The second Emir lounges about the rigging awhile, and then slightly shaking the main brace, to see whether it will be all right with that important rope, he likewise takes up the old burden, and with a rapid "Dinner, Mr. Flask," follows after his predecessors.Anyway, I am glad to have my share in life, whether it be bright or sad....And so the question whether he had or had not a cold has no more historic interest than the cold of the least of the transport soldiers.Whether he was speaking about emotional or physical fear, was a mystery.He'd cave to Andre's advice and double-check with Darkyn about whether or not his mate owed the Dark One anything – formally or informally.Even his lingering doubt about the real cost of her deals with Darkyn didn't extend to the question of whether or not he was meant to be with the woman in his arms.We are not sure whether the station has been demolished or still exists.I was resolved to satisfy myself whether this ragged Elijah was really dogging us or not, and with that intent crossed the way with Queequeg, and on that side of it retraced our steps.Whether he ever thought of it at all, but, if he ever did chance to cast his mind that way after a comfortable dinner, no doubt, like a good sailor, he took it to be a sort of call of the watch to tumble aloft, and bestir themselves there, about something which he would find out when he obeyed the order, and not sooner.Whether that mark was born with him, or whether it was the scar left by some desperate wound, no one could certainly say.First: The uncertain, unsettled condition of this science of Cetology is in the very vestibule attested by the fact, that in some quarters it still remains a moot point whether a whale be a fish.And though of all men the moody captain of the Pequod was the least given to that sort of s and though the only homage he ever exacted, was implicit, ins though he required no man to remove the shoes from his feet ere stepping upon the quarter- and though there were times when, owing to peculiar circumstances connected with events hereafter to be detailed, he addressed them in unusual terms, whether of condescension or IN TERROREM, yet even Captain Ahab was by no means unobservant of the paramount forms and usages of the sea.And who could tell whether, in that congregated caravan, Moby Dick himself might not temporarily be swimming, like the worshipped white-elephant in the coronation procession of the Siamese!Inasmuch, then, as this Leviathan comes floundering down upon us from the head-waters of the Eternities, it may be fitly inquired, whether, in the long course of his generations, he has not degenerated from the original bulk of his sires.And now that at the proper time and place, after so long and wide a preliminary cruise, Ahab,--all other whaling waters swept--seemed to have chased his foe into an ocean-fold, to slay him the now, that he found himself hard by the very latitude and longitude where his tormenting woun now that a vessel had been spoken which on the very day preceding had actually encountered Moby D--and now that all his successive meetings with various ships contrastingly concurred to show the demoniac indifference with which the white whale tore his hunters, whether sinni now it was that there lurked a something in the old man's eyes, which it was hardly sufferable for feeble souls to see.But when three or four days had slided by, after meeting the children-seeking R and no spo the monomaniac old man seemed distrustful of his crew' at least, of nearly all except the P he seemed to doubt, even, whether Stubb and Flask might not willingly overlook the sight he sought.Whether fagged by the three days' running chase, and the resistance to his swimming in the kn or whether it was some latent deceitfulness and malice in him: whichever was true, the White Whale's way now began to abate, as it seemed, from the boat so rapidly n though indeed the whale's last start had not been so long a one as before.Indeed, my friends and relatives sometimes doubted whether I could be taught.I did not study nor analyze them--I did not know whether they were I never thought about style or authorship.Of course the question will arise whether, if Helen Keller had not been guarded from the knowledge of evil, she would have been what she is to-day....But whether Helen stays at home or makes visits in other parts of the country, her education is always under the immediate direction and exclusive control of her teacher.She started forward, then hesitated a moment, evidently debating within herself whether she would go or not.Then I let her decide whether she will sew or knit or crochet.Several experiments were tried, to determine positively whether or not she had any perception of sound.Books are the storehouse of language, and any child, whether deaf or not, if he has his attention attracted in any way to printed pages, must learn.But he told me he'd give me a choice about whether or not I wanted to be with him, even though he's obligated by those laws.There is N who, upon the top of the column of Vendome, stands with arms folded, some one hundred and f careless, now, who r whether Louis Philippe, Louis Blanc, or Louis the Devil.Captain D'Wolf applied immediately to the pumps to examine whether or not the vessel had received any damage from the shock, but we found that very happily it had escaped entirely uninjured.Will you tell me whether it is an unalterable law in this fishery, Mr. Flask, for an oarsman to break his own back pulling himself back-foremost into death's jaws?Because, in the case of pirates, say, I should like to know whether that profession of theirs has any peculiar glory about it.For himself, he would do this, he said, whether they joined him or not.With a frigate's anchors for my bridle-bitts and fasces of harpoons for spurs, would I could mount that whale and leap the topmost skies, to see whether the fabled heavens with all their countless tents really lie encamped beyond my mortal sight!Whether the flitting attendance of the one still and solitary jet had gradually worked upon Ahab, so that he was now prepared to connect the ideas of mildness and repose with the first sight of the particu however this was, or whether his ea whichever way it might have been, no sooner did he distinctly perceive the white mass, than with a quick intensity he instantly gave orders for lowering.Mayhew having concluded his narration, Ahab put such questions to him, that the stranger captain could not forbear inquiring whether he intended to hunt the White Whale, if opportunity should offer.Whether it was that Tashtego, that wild Indian, was so heedless and reckless as to let go for a moment his one-handed hold on the great cabled tackles or whether the place where he stood was so
or whether the Evil One himself would have it to fall out so, without stating hi how it was exactly, the but, on a sudden, as the eightieth or ninetieth bucket came suckingly up--my God! poor Tashtego--like the twin reciprocating bucket in a veritable well, dropped head-foremost down into this great Tun of Heidelburgh, and with a horrible oily gurgling, went clean out of sight!Whether this whale belonged to the pod in advance, for it is not customary for such venerable leviathans to be at all social.Whether he had lost that fin in battle, or had been born without it, it were hard to say.Yet not to speak of the peril of the thing, it is to be doubted whether this cours for it is but reasonable to presume, that the longer the stricken whale stays under water, the more he is exhausted.Whether to admit Hercules among us or not, concerning this I long remained dubious: for though according to the Greek mythologies, that antique Crockett and Kit Carson--that brawny doer of rejoicing good deeds, was swallowed down and
still, whether that strictly makes a whaleman of him, that might be mooted.That for six thousand years--and no one knows how many millions of ages before--the great whales should have been spouting all over the sea, and sprinkling and mistifying the gardens of the deep, as with so many sprinklin and that for some centuries back, thousands of hunters should have been close by the fountain of the whale, watching these sprinklings and spoutings--that all this should be, and yet, that down to this blessed minute (fifteen and a quarter minutes past one o'clock P.M. of this sixteenth day of December, A.D. 1851), it should still remain a problem, whether these spoutings are, after all, really water, or nothing but vapour--this is surely a noteworthy thing.But owing to the mystery of the spout--whether it be water or whether it be vapour--no absolute certainty can as yet be arrived at on this head.And I know one, who coming into still closer contact with the spout, whether with some scientific object in view, or otherwise, I cannot say, the skin peeled off from his cheek and arm.Such is the subtle elasticity of the organ I treat of, that whether wielded in sport, or in earnest, or in anger, whatever be the mood it be in, its flexions are invariably marked by exceeding grace.By this time the faint air had be so that whether or no, the Pequod was now fairly entrapped in the smell, with no hope of escaping except by its breezing up again.Sometimes they talked it over in the weary watch by night, wondering whose it was to be at last, and whether he would ever live to spend it.Now, whether these gin and beer harpooneers, so fuddled as one might fancy them to have been, were the right sort of men to stand up in a boat's head, and take good
this would seem somewhat improbable.Whether owing to the almost omniscient look-outs at the mast-heads of the whaleships, now penetrating even through Behring's straits, and into the remotest secret drawers and
and the thousand harpoons and lances darted along al the moot point is, whether Leviathan can long endure so wide a chase, and so whether he must not at last be exterminated from the waters, and the last whale, like the last man, smoke his last pipe, and then himself evaporate in the final puff.What that was, whether essence of quicksilver, or a few drops of hartshorn, there is no telling.When the last nail was driven, and the lid duly planed and fitted, he lightly shouldered the coffin and went forward with it, inquiring whether they were ready for it yet in that direction.They asked him, then, whether to live or die was a matter of his own sovereign will and pleasure.I wonder, Flask, whether the world
if she is, she swings with an uncommon long cable, though.Then going through some small strange motions with it--whether indispensable to the magnetizing of the steel, or merely intended to augment the awe of the crew, is uncertain--he cal and moving to the binnacle, slipped out the two reversed needles there, and horizontally suspended the sail-needle by its middle, over one of the compass-cards.Nor, at any time, by night or day could the mariners now step upon the deck, unless A either standing in his pivot-hole, or exactly pacing the planks between two undeviating limits,--the main- or else they saw him standing in the cabin-scuttle,--his living foot advanced upon the deck, his hat slouched h so that however motionless he stood, however the days and nights were added on, that he had not
yet hidden beneath that slouching hat, they could never tell unerringly whether, for all this, his eyes were re or whether he was still in no matter, though he stood so in the scuttle for a whole hour on the stretch, and the unheeded night-damp gathered in beads of dew upon that stone-carved coat and hat.But these were the first sharks that had been observed by the Pequod since the White Whale had and whether it was that Ahab's crew were all such tiger-yellow barbarians, and therefore their flesh more musky to the senses of the sharks--a matter sometimes well known to affect them,--however it was, they seemed to follow that one boat without molesting the others.And read I did, whether I understood one word in ten or two words on a page.Great poetry, whether written in Greek or in English, needs no other interpreter than a responsive heart.She kissed Teacher and said, "I do not know whether I am gl for I feel so ashamed of myself when I think of how much you have done for the little girl."Her sense of time is excellent, but whether it would have developed as a special faculty cannot be known, for she has had a watch since she was seven years old.She urged every one to speak to Helen naturally, to give her full sentences and intelligent ideas, never minding whether Helen understood or not.I have been asked a great many times whether I think Helen will
that is, as other people speak.To start off with, the film can't decide whether to be a comedy or an inept horror film.Among whale-wise people it has often been argued whether, considering the paramount importance of his life to the success of the voyage, it is right for a whaling captain to jeopardize that life in the active perils of the chase.So Tamerlane's soldiers often argued with tears in their eyes, whether that invaluable life of his ought to be carried into the thickest of the fight.The central body of it is hidden in the snowy sparklin and how can you certainly tell whether any water falls from it, when, always, when you are close enough to a whale to get a close view of his spout, he is in a prodigious commotion, the water cascading all around him.T before I saw it off, now, I must call his old Mogulship, and see whether the leng too short, if anything, I guess.Whether it comes from the trees which have been heated by the sun, or from the water, I can never discover.There have been many discussions of the question whether Helen Keller's achievements are due to her natural ability or to the method by which she was taught.I do not know whether the difference or the similarity in phrasing between the child's version and the woman's is the more remarkable.
How would you use whether in a sentence?
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Words near whether in the dictionary
Follow YourDictionary
Join YourDictionary today
Create and save customized word lists. Sign up today and start improving your vocabulary!
Please set a username for yourself.
People will see it as Author Name with your public word lists.Did you know?
Click any word in a definition or example to find the entry for that word
What are red words? 90% of the time, speakers of English use just 7,500 words in speech and writing. These words appear in red, and are graded with stars. One-star words are frequent, two-star words are more frequent, and three-star words are the most frequent. ThesaurusThe thesaurus of synonyms and related words is fully integrated into the dictionary. Click on the thesaurus category heading under the
button in an entry to see the synonyms and related words for that meaning. conjunction
/'we??(r)/
Related words
I wonder if/whether phrase
(whether you) like it or not phrase
not know whether to laugh or cry phrase
not know whether you’re coming or going phrase
not know whether you are coming or going phrase
it remains to be seen (whether/what/how) phrase
see if/whether you can do something phrase
debate whether
whether... or
query whether
consider whether
discover whether
indicate whether
see if/whether
check if/whether
doubt whether/if
questionable whether
when someone
which of two
us whether we were .There is some
as to whether the
is .whether...or: She doesn’t even
whether her
or .whether or not: I still don’t
whether or not he’s
to come.Synonyms and related words
when someone can
between two
whether to
the .whether or not: There was a
over whether or not to
.Synonyms and related words
which of two
is , because the
will be the sameThe , whether by
under four .whether...or not: Whether you
it or not, you’ll have to
your .whether...or (whether): Whether we
or whether we , we
.Synonyms and related words
? It does not matter wheather one is an optimist or a pessimist.? It does not matter whether one is an optimist or a pessimist.? The question is wether there is still a place for imagination in the world.? The question is whether there is still a place for imagination in the world.? … the issue of weather criminals need retribution or rehabilitation.? … the issue of whether criminals need retribution or rehabilitation.Use whether, but not if, before an infinitive: She can’t decide whether to marry him.Use whether, but not if, after a preposition: There are doubts about whether the system is safe.Use whether, but not if, immediately before ‘or not’: The question is whether or not the government has the right to interfere.Whether is generally preferred when ‘or’ appears later in the sentence, but you can also use if: It is not clear whether/if the information was stolen or deliberately leaked to the press.This is the British English definition of whether.
moto-doping
in competitive cycling, the illegal use of motors on bikes in order to gain advantage over other riders
More BuzzWords
Word of the Day
Open Dictionary
be as if it had never happened
More submissions
A must for anyone with an interest in the changing face of language. The Macmillan Dictionary blog explores English as it is spoken around the world today.
Definition and synonyms of whether from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Publishers Limited.

我要回帖

更多关于 if you and me 的文章

随机推荐