i questionsyou ask for ityou...

Investor Publications
Ask Questions
Questions You Should Ask About Your Investments ...
and What To Do If You Run Into Problems
That's the best advice we can give you about how to invest wisely.
We see too many investors who might have avoided trouble and losses if they had asked basic questions from the start.
We encourage you to thoroughly evaluate the background of any financial
professional with whom
you intend to do business—before you hand over your hard-earned cash.
Investor Tip
Which financial professional you select is very important for several reasons.
You'll want to investigate thoroughly before doing business with a
financial professional or firm that has a history of complaints or problems with regulators.
Also, you should know that if your
financial professional or his or her firm goes out of business or declares bankruptcy, you might not be able to recover your money—even if an arbitrator or a court rules in your favor.
It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or have been investing for many years, it's never too early or too late to start asking questions.
It's almost impossible to ask a dumb question about how you are investing your money.
Don't feel intimidated.
Remember, it's your money at stake.
You are paying for the
assistance of a financial professional.
A good financial professional will welcome your questions, no matter how basic.
Financial professionals know that an educated client is an asset, not a liability.
They would rather answer your questions before you invest, than confront your anger and confusion later.
In this brochure, you'll find some questions that you should ask about investment products,
the people who sell those products, and the people who provide investment advice
We've also included some tips on how to monitor your investments and handle any problems.
Keep this brochure on hand when considering an investment and use it by asking the right questions before you buy.
Have a pen and piece of paper ready to take notes on the answers.
They can come in handy if there is a dispute later about what was said during the transaction.
Taking notes also sends a signal to your
financial professional:
I'm a smart and serious investor who wants to know more about the risks and rewards of investing.
Questions About Products:
Is this investment product registered with the SEC and my state securities agency?
Does this investment match my investment goals?
Why is this investment suitable for me?
How will this investment make money?
(Dividends?
Capital gains?) Specifically, what must happen for this investment to increase in value?
(For example, increase in interest rates, real estate values, or market share?)
What are the total fees to purchase, maintain, and sell this investment?
Are there ways that I can reduce or avoid some of the fees that I'll pay, such
as purchasing the investment directly?& After all the fees are paid, how much does this investment have to increase in value before I break even?
How liquid is this investment?
How easy would it be to sell if I needed my money right away?
What are the specific risks associated with this investment?
What is the maximum I could lose?
(For example, what will be the effect of changing interest rates, economic recession, high competition, or stock market ups and downs?)
How long has the company been in business?
Is its management experienced?
Has management been successful in the past?
Have they ever made money for investors before?
Is the company making money?
How are they doing compared to their competitors?
Where can I get more information about this investment?
Can I get the latest reports filed by the company with the SEC:
a prospectus or offering circular, or the latest annual report and financial statements?
For mutual funds:
How has this fund performed over the long run?
Where can I get an independent evaluation of this fund?
What specific risks are associated with this fund?
What type of securities does the fund hold?
How often does the portfolio change?
Does this mutual fund invest in any type of securities that could cause the value to go up or down rapidly in a short period of time? (For example, derivatives?)
How does the fund perform compared to other funds of the same type or to an index of the same type of investment?
How much will the fund charge me when I buy shares?
What ongoing fees are charged?&
How much will the fund charge me when I sell shares?
Is the fund portable?
If I move my assets to another firm, will I be able to continue holding the fund or will I need to liquidate it?
Questions About The People Who Sell Investments or Provide Investment
Are you registered with our state securities regulator?
Have you ever been disciplined by the SEC, a state regulator, or other organization (such as NASD or one of the stock exchanges)?
Investor Tip - Check Out Your Financial Professional
You can verify your broker's disciplinary history by checking the .
Either your state securities regulator or NASD can provide you with CRD information. Your state securities regulator may give you more information from the CRD than NASD, especially when it comes to investor complaints, so you may want to check with them first.
You'll find contact information for your state securities regulator on the
website of the .
To contact FINRA, visit
, or call them toll-free at (800)289-9999.
You can find out about investment advisers and whether they are properly
registered by reading their registration forms, called the &.&& You can view an adviser's most recent Form ADV online by
visiting the
website.& At
present, the IAPD database contains Forms ADV only for investment adviser
firms that register electronically using the .& You can also get copies of Form ADV for individual
advisers and firms from the investment adviser, your , or the , depending on the size of the adviser.
How long has your firm been in business?
How many arbitration awards have been filed against your firm?
What training and experience do you have?
How long have you been in the business?
What other firms have you been registered with?
What is the status of those firms today?
Have you personally been involved in any arbitration cases?
What happened?
What is your investment philosophy?
Describe your typical client.
Can you provide me with some names and telephone numbers of your long term clients?
How do you get paid?
By commission?
Amount of assets you manage?
Another method?
Do I have any choices on how to pay you?
Should I pay you by the transaction?
Or a flat fee regardless of how many transactions I have?
Do you make more if I buy this stock (or bond, or mutual fund) rather than another?
If you weren't making extra money, would your recommendation be the same?
Are you participating in a sales contest?
Is this purchase really in my best interest, or are you trying to win a prize?
You've told me what it costs me to buy this stock (or bond, or mutual fund); how much will I receive if I sell it today?
Where do you send my order to be executed?
Can we get a better price if we send it to another market?
If your financial professional changes firms, ask:
Did they pay you to change firms?
Do you get anything for bringing me along?
Questions About the Progress of Your Investments:
How frequently do I get statements?
Do I understand what the statement tells me?
Is the return on my investment meeting my expectations and goals?
Is this investment performing as I was led to believe?
How much money will I get back if I sell my investment today?
How much am I paying in commission or fees?
Have my goals changed?
If so, are my investments still suitable?
What criteria will I use to decide when to sell?
How to Handle Problems:
Act promptly!
By law, you only have a limited time to take legal action.
Follow these steps to solve your problem:
Talk to your financial professional and explain the problem.
Where is the fault?
Were communications clear?
Refer to your notes.
What did the
financial professional tell you? What do your notes say?
If your financial professional can't resolve your problem, then talk to the
financial professional's supervisor (which, for brokers, is often the firm's
branch manager).
If the problem is still not resolved, write to the compliance department at the firm's main office.
Explain your problem clearly, and how you want it resolved.
Ask the compliance office to respond to you within 30 days.
If you're still not satisfied:
Send us your complaint by using our
or you can reach us as follows:
Securities and Exchange Commission
Office of Investor Education and Advocacy
100 F Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C.
At the SEC, we will research your complaint, contact the firm or person you have complained about and ask them to respond to your specific complaint or question.
Sometimes our intervention yields a satisfactory result.
If these steps don't work, you may need to take legal action on your own.
We can send you information on
mediation and arbitration, and suggest how to locate a lawyer if you need one.
Investor Tip
When you ask these questions, write down the answers you receive and what you decided to do.
If something goes wrong, your notes can help to establish what was said.
financial professional know you're taking notes.
They'll know you're a serious investor and may tell you more. Use our
when you speak to your
financial professional.
For more information on how to invest wisely, ask for our publications:
, and . You can also get other SEC publications
or by calling our toll-free publications line at (800) SEC-0330.
Aug. 1, 2007When getting to know the guy you are interested it, it’s important to have strong, cute and interesting questions to ask him to help the bond between the two of you develop. Asking all the right questions will help you get to know your crush and even help you decide if he is really someone you want to take the next step with. Here are 20 good and cute questions that you can ask the guy you like:&Question #1.) What makes you smile?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Asking this to a guy you like let’s him know that you are curious as to what makes him happy. The answer will let you know how to make him smile in the future and helps you get to know him much better.&Question #2.) What’s your favorite movie?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: The answer to this question will help you both to discover if you have common interests when it comes to movies and the more you have in common the better!&Question #3.) If there is any place in the world that you could go, where would it be and why?
Advertisement
Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: This is another one of those ‘getting to know him’ type of questions. Maybe you both dream about the same places, who knows?&Question #4.) What is your favorite sport to watch/play?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: A lot of guys absolutely love talking about sports and this will get conversation flowing. Hopefully, you can retain some of that knowledge and maybe even get yourself invited over to watch the game! Asking this question also lets your crush know you are interested in his likes and dislikes and want to get to know him better.&Question #5.) If we were dating, how would you celebrate our first one year anniversary?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Asking this benefits you in a way that the answer will tell you if he would do something you like. Answers to questions like these can help you figure out what type of romantic he is and if he cares enough to tell you!&Question #6.) What’s your family like?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: He’ll love the fact that you are taking the initiative to get to know the people he loves.&Question #7.) What about yourself do you find the most pride in?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Whether the answer is about his looks, talents or personality, you are engaging him in conversation that implies you want to get to know him and what he takes pride in. Pride is a huge trait in most any guy and definitely something to be aware of.&Question #8.) Have you ever cried at a movie?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Honestly, the answer to this question is usually a no, but if he does answer yes then maybe he has a really cute sensitive spot!&Question #9.) What’s your favorite car?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: This is another subject that most guys enjoy discussing. If he’s a car lover, he will adore you for asking and he will enjoy telling you all about what he likes.&Question #10.) What is your favorite food?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: The more and more you get to know him, the better a relationship will grow!&Question #11.) What do you notice first when you first meet a girl?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: This answer will also give you good insight to what kind of guy your crush is.&Question #12.) What is the craziest thing that you have ever done in your life?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Not only will this give you a glimpse of his past, but it will also let you know how far this guys boundaries are and if you can keep up with them or if you want more excitement than what he is willing to do.&Question #13.) What is your favorite romantic activity?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question:
A guy has a different view on what is romantic than a girl does. So, be careful about how you take your crushes answer. If he answers, “We would play video games all day and drink Mountain Dew” and that’s not your favorite idea of romance, maybe he’s not a right fit for you. On the other hand, if he at least puts a little bit of effort in and says, “We could have a picnic at the park” or “I would take you shopping” then maybe he is a keeper after all!&Question #14.) What was the scariest moment in your life?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: It’s nice to get to know a guy, what he’s afraid of and why.&Question #15.) Who was your first crush?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: This question is just a small ice-breakers and may have him blushing or you laughing, but it is a cute question to ask.&Question #16.) Who is your biggest hero?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Asking this question to the guy you are interested in will help you get to know who he looks up to and who he aspires to be like. It is just another ‘get to know him’ type of question that can really warm you up to each other.&Question #17.) Would you like to hang out with me more often?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: This lets your crush know you are interested in him and seeing him more often. It is even cuter if he says yes!&Question #18.) What is your definition of intimate?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Asking this question and receiving its answer will give you an idea of how your crush perceives intimacy and romance. The answer can be quite heartwarming and adorable!&Question #19.) Would you cuddle with me?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Oh! The cuteness! Unless he says no, of course, then it is not so cute… But, if he says yes, it is definitely an adorable question to ask.&Question #20.) What are your favorite hobbies?Why It’s A Good/Cute Question: Maybe when he answers you will discover that you both have a lot of common interests and can even do some of those hobbies together. This will help you to get to know him much better and discover what he truly loves doing.
Related Posts
Love is undoubtedly one of the most powerful emotions in... There seems to be a lot of confusion when it... Small finger tattoos can have the biggest impact. The variety... One of the most important things in any relationship is... If there’s one thing that will make your boyfriend understand... Trying to tell a guy you care about just how...4发现相似题May I ask you a few questions_英语吧_百度贴吧
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&签到排名:今日本吧第个签到,本吧因你更精彩,明天继续来努力!
本吧签到人数:0成为超级会员,使用一键签到本月漏签0次!成为超级会员,赠送8张补签卡连续签到:天&&累计签到:天超级会员单次开通12个月以上,赠送连续签到卡3张
关注:1,056,047贴子:
May I ask you a few questions收藏
Let’s chat in English and answer my few questions..
TOEFL 考试,90% 的考生均进入了第一或第二志愿的大学。
1.What is your first impression of your senior high school’s class teacher?
Is there anybody?
2.Do you remeber your primary school English teacher’s name?(if you remember please abbreviate his/her name.)
3.when and how do you first contact with English?
4.Have you once intended to give up learning English?
5.Did you have the experience that you foung youself being love with someone?
6.How do you find that students fall in love in high school?
7.Where is your school(now) locked in?
8.Can you describe your hometown with a sentence?
TOEFL 考试,90% 的考生均进入了第一或第二志愿的大学。
9.where did you go this summer vacation?
10.What’s your personality like?
11.What do you think your senior high school entrance examination do?(sorry I am a senior high school student)
12.Do you often talk with your parents?
13.What is your favorite motto?
14.What is your favorite movie and actor?
15.Have you ever won any glory in your learning career?
16.What is your goal now?
17.If you could achiev three wishes,what are they?
18.Do you fear when you talk in front of many people?
19.What’s your hobby?
20.Are you good at talking with others?
21.How many
English words do you recite a day?
22.What is your English name?
23.Is there one thing that impress you most?
anyone else?
24.Do you think that you are a good-tempered person?
25.Which subject do you like most?
why nobody ask the latter questions?
登录百度帐号推荐应用
为兴趣而生,贴吧更懂你。或

我要回帖

更多关于 you ask for it 的文章

随机推荐