My dictionarytime is on my side...

What made you decide to look it up?
View your list of saved words.(You can log in using Facebook.)
Subscribe to the Word of the Day email
... or get it on
The most frequently looked up words on this site:
Past 24 HoursPast Seven Days
Online access to a
legendary resource
Learning English? We can help.
Visit our free site designed
especially for learners and
teachers of English
Our Dictionary,
On Your Devices
Merriam-Webster,
With Voice Search
The Official SCRABBLE&
Players Dictionary
5,000 new words added to
the Fifth Edition including
BROMANCE, MOJITO,
and GEOCACHE!
Bookstore: Digital and Print
Merriam-Webster references for Mobile, Kindle, print, and more.
Other Merriam-Webster Dictionaries补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空白处填上适当的话语(话语可以是句子、短语或词),使对话完整、正确。(D---Dick, J---John)D: Hello! May I ____【小题1】____John, please?J: This is John speaking. ____【小题2】____?D: It’s Dick.J: Hi, Dick. Where are you?D: I’m at home and looking after my mother.J: ____【小题3】____?D: She’s ill. She has caught a bad cold.J: ____【小题4】____. Can I help you?D: Yes, thank you. I hear a New English-Chinese Dictionary is on sale.Would you mind going there and getting one for me?J: I’ll be ____【小题5】____ to. I’ll go right now.D: Thank you very much. Bye-bye.J: Bye-bye.-乐乐题库
& Unite知识点 & “补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空...”习题详情
288位同学学习过此题,做题成功率68.7%
补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空白处填上适当的话语(话语可以是句子、短语或词),使对话完整、正确。(D---Dick, J---John)D: Hello! May I &&&&【小题1】&&&&John, please?J: This is John speaking. &&&&【小题2】&&&&?D: It’s Dick.J: Hi, Dick. Where are you?D: I’m at home and looking after my mother.J: &&&&【小题3】&&&&?D: She’s ill. She has caught a bad cold.J: &&&&【小题4】&&&&. Can I help you?D: Yes, thank you. I hear a New English-Chinese Dictionary is on sale.Would you mind going there and getting one for me?J: I’ll be &&&&【小题5】&&&& to. I’ll go right now.D: Thank you very much. Bye-bye.J: Bye-bye.speak to
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2014-辽宁省丹东市第六中学九年级第二次模拟英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空白处填上适当的话语(话语可以是句子、短语或词),使对话完整、正确。(D---Dick, J---John)D: Hello! May I ____【小题1】____Joh...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】我可以找约翰听电话吗?根据句意,故填speak to【小题2】在英语中电话中问对方是谁,应该用that指代对方,故填Who’s that【小题3】根据后文回答她病了,可知上句在问她怎么了。故填What’s wrong with her【小题4】听到不幸的消息,首先表示遗憾,故填I’m sorry to hear that.【小题5】根据上句的请求,和后文的回答I’ll go right now ,可知乐意去,故填glad
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空白处填上适当的话语(话语可以是句子、短语或词),使对话完整、正确。(D---Dick, J---John)D: Hello! May I ____【小题1】__...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
还有不懂的地方?快去向名师提问吧!
与“补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空白处填上适当的话语(话语可以是句子、短语或词),使对话完整、正确。(D---Dick, J---John)D: Hello! May I ____【小题1】____Joh...”相似的题目:
Tom is a clever boy. He plays&&&&piano very well. A. the&&&&&&&& B. a&&&&&&&& C. an
—May I have a look at the book tonight?—Of course, you can. I have &&&&old one at home.A. a&&&&&&&&&&&& B. the&&&&&&&&&&& C. an
--- Simon has gone abroad to have &&&& European tour.--- Oh, really? It must be &&&& unusual trip for him. aa; ana; a an
“补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空...”的最新评论
该知识点好题
该知识点易错题
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空白处填上适当的话语(话语可以是句子、短语或词),使对话完整、正确。(D---Dick, J---John)D: Hello! May I ____【小题1】____John, please?J: This is John speaking. ____【小题2】____?D: It’s Dick.J: Hi, Dick. Where are you?D: I’m at home and looking after my mother.J: ____【小题3】____?D: She’s ill. She has caught a bad cold.J: ____【小题4】____. Can I help you?D: Yes, thank you. I hear a New English-Chinese Dictionary is on sale.Would you mind going there and getting one for me?J: I’ll be ____【小题5】____ to. I’ll go right now.D: Thank you very much. Bye-bye.J: Bye-bye.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“补全对话; (共5分,每空1分)在对话空白处填上适当的话语(话语可以是句子、短语或词),使对话完整、正确。(D---Dick, J---John)D: Hello! May I ____【小题1】____John, please?J: This is John speaking. ____【小题2】____?D: It’s Dick.J: Hi, Dick. Where are you?D: I’m at home and looking after my mother.J: ____【小题3】____?D: She’s ill. She has caught a bad cold.J: ____【小题4】____. Can I help you?D: Yes, thank you. I hear a New English-Chinese Dictionary is on sale.Would you mind going there and getting one for me?J: I’ll be ____【小题5】____ to. I’ll go right now.D: Thank you very much. Bye-bye.J: Bye-bye.”相似的习题。Dictionary. on the App Store on iTunes
Opening the iTunes Store.If iTunes doesn't open, click the iTunes application icon in your Dock or on your Windows desktop.Progress Indicator
Opening the iBooks Store.If iBooks doesn't open, click the iBooks app in your Dock.Progress Indicator
iTunes is the world's easiest way to organize and add to your digital media collection.
We are unable to find iTunes on your computer. To download the free app Dictionary. by Farlex, Inc., get iTunes now.
Already have iTunes? Click I Have iTunes to open it now.
Dictionary.
By Farlex, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Description
Get the full power , the world's most comprehensive dictionary. English, Spanish, French, and 11 other languages, plus Medical, Legal, and other specialty dictionaries, multiple encyclopedias, and thesauri, all from the most trusted sources. Play word games, read daily articles, even share your favorite words via social networks, email, and text. Use advanced searches and even look up words without an Internet connection.You can now log in with The Free Dictionary! Sync your bookmarks to all your devices and never lose them. Plus: Track your learning with points and badges and earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by reading and playing games!Rated #1 app in the App Store in the free reference category in 76 countries in , 2013, and 2014 (Source: /apps/ios/app//app-ranking/#device=iphone&type=best-ranks)Content and Features* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.* Extensive offline dictionary. Search with or without an Internet connection. NOTE: The offline dictionary must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed. * Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition." * Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.* Multiple encyclopedias, including Britannica, Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.* Choose which sources to include in your search results. * Translate English words into more than 40 languages, ranging from Afrikaans and Arabic to Urdu and Vietnamese.* Play American and British audio pronunciations in the English dictionary.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button. * Look up any word on the page by highlighting it and tapping "Definition."* Search for words on the page. * Create unlimited bookmarks of your favorite words and encyclopedia entries. * Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, News of the Day, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery. * Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even local weather and personalized horoscope. * Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.* Share your favorite definitions and encyclopedia entries via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text (with supported operating systems). Even share daily homepage items. * Adjust font size. * View Weather temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius.* Full iOS 7 support.* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD). Tagsdictionary,free dictionary,online dictionary,dictionary definitions,medical dictionary,spanish dictionary,english dictionary,french dictionary,legal dictionary,tfd,farlex,thefreedictionary,thesaurus,financial dictionary,acronyms,abbreviations,idioms,idiom dictionary,encyclopedia,encyclopaedia,german dictionary,italian dictionary,arabic dictionary,chinese dictionary,polish dictionary,portuguese dictionary,dutch dictionary,norwegian dictionary,russian dictionary,turkish dictionary,freedictionary,free encyclopedia
What's New in Version 4.1
* Restored quick buttons for Definition, Thesaurus, and Translations. * Bug fixes, including daily homepage refresh.
Screenshots
Customer Reviews
No ordinary dictionary! LOVE IT!!
This dictionary was worth every penny, and I would have paid twice the price now that I have been using it for a few weeks and have been able to see the value. There are so many extras, not ordinarily found on a home page, that makes it absolutely incredible. I LOVE dictionary and thesaurus apps. I have 4 more, in addition to this app. Each give me something different that I like, but THIS IS THE ONLY ONE that actually challenges me on a daily basis. Not only to improve my vocabulary, this app makes learning new things fun and recalling known things interesting. It serves every age group and audience type i.e., historical events of that day from years past, spelling contests that are great fun, the &Hang Man& game, how many words can you find in a single word randomly selected, the level or percentage of brain activity being used based on what you are interacting with on their home screen, your daily horoscope-I place no merit on this portion, but I can see how it's meant to be fun and engaging for all ages, etc., etc. It's obvious that I STRONGLY recommend this app.
A few suggestions for a great app
This app gives you a wide range all in one place which makes it very handy. I have been using this app for my go to dictionary/thesaurus for a while now and has come across a couple things that need improvement.1. I heavily use bookmark. I have both apps on my iPhone and iPad. The two apps should sync bookmarks to both devices. It's more accessible when you don't have one of the devices on you. 2. Word of the day is great however tends to be redundant and mediocre. Today's word was bewitched. Can you take it up a notch? I find myself looking up words like garrulous, mensch, ischemic, obstreperous, chintzy, supposition, etc. Let's get to exciting and colorful words that can stimulate rather than intimidate or overwhelm. So to say, I am not bewitched by your word selection yet. I love that this app gives you daily articles, words, games and the weather. You can manage what you want on your page.
5 Star App. I've ever used for a Dictionary, Medical, Law, Synonyms, Antonyms,Spelling Bee, Quote of the Day, News of the Day, Day in History, and so much more.
Or just use the basic Dictionary and Encyclopedia. Over the years I have tried many of these types of apps and there is no comparison, in fact, I not only use it on my PC I have it on my Apple iPhone.
Highlight a word, right click and you get correct spelling, definition and encyclopedia options.I don't write reviews very much but I am so impressed I had to add my two cents.
You can update so you don't see any ads but your eyes don't even notice the ads because your eyes are trained to go where you know your info is. Just can't say enough good things about this app.I'd give it six stars if there was such a thing. I'll look that up using this app.
Customers Also Bought
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPadFreeCategory: Version: 4.1Size: 14.2 MBLanguages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, TurkishSeller: Farlex, Inc.Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Customer Ratings
Current Version:
&&&&&1477 Ratings
All Versions:
&&&&&21474 Ratings
Top In-App Purchases
Ad-free upgrade$1.99
More by Farlex, Inc.
Discover and share new apps.
Follow us on .
Discover and share new music, movies, TV, books, and more.
and discover new iTunes Radio Stations and the music we love.Already have an italki account?
Why join italki?
By creating an account, you agree to our .
Sign In with Email
Please enter your email address.
Please enter your password.
&Remember me on this computer
Resolved questionsWhat is value-laden? I still have trouble understanding it even after looking it up in my dictionary. Maybe I'm stupid or something. I'd appreciate it if anybody can make it clear to me.
For learning: Base language: EnglishCategory: Language
Jun 08, 2013
Please enter between 2 and 2000 characters.
Sort by: Time: oldest to newestTime: newest to oldestVotes: hightest to lowest
Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
If something you say is value-laden you have put your personal and strong views into it.
For example:
If someone says:
A first class physics degree is more of an achievement than a first class sociology degree.This implies they think physics is a more worthwhile subject than sociology or if you study sociology it must be a soft option chosen because it is an easier subject.
It devalues the person that has got the first-class sociology degree.
So the statement reveals the persons values (they think physics is more worthwhile than sociology), hence the statement is value laden.
Jun 08, 2013
Values is a term that means the set of beliefs that a person has.
These can be based in religion, or not.
A country generally has a set of values: ideas that are generally considered good and morally sound.
For example, a Chinese value is profound respect for one's elders, correct?
A Christian value is that sex is prohibited (not allowed) between non-married people.
OK, so assuming that you now understand the concept of values, When a person makes a value-laden statement, he is implying that whatever he is saying is fact, rather than an opinion.
Values are not inherently true.
Take the Christian value, for example.
Although pre-marital, non-monogamous
sex has its risks, it is not inherently bad just because the Church says it is. However, a person making a value-laden statement is assuming that you agree with him, and if you don't, you should (again, because what he is saying is "a fact.")This doesn't mean that the values of a particular person or culture are bad, just that they are based in emotion and subjectivity, not impartial data.----------------You are not stupid! Out of curiosity, I looked up value-laden in the dictionary, to see what you might have seen, and it is no wonder you were confused! I hope my explanation is a little more clear, but please ask for clarification if you need it. :-)
Jun 08, 2013
Submit your answer
Please enter between 2 and 2000 characters.If you copy this answer from another italki answer page, please state the URL of where you got your answer from.&
More open questions for learning English
(2) (1) (2) (0) (0)
More resolved questions for learning English
(1) (1) (1) (2) (2)
& 2014 italki HK Limited.

我要回帖

更多关于 time is on my side 的文章