a lot of的用法_____(happy...

这是个机器人猖狂的时代,请输一下验证码,证明咱是正常人~Study: People With a Lot of Self-Control Are Happier - The AtlanticProfile: Being Bob Langer : Nature News
At 16.26 in the afternoon on an icy Tuesday in January, Robert Langer is in his office at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a Harvard University freshman called Lulu Rebecca Tsao. Langer met Tsao last year in Finland when he and her stepfather were collecting awards from the Millennium Prize Foundation. Now she is in Cambridge, she has come to ask his advice on which projects to do, and Langer offers to show her around the lab. A quick tour would be great, she says.
It will have to be quick. In my hand there is a three-page printout of the day's schedule provided by Bethany Day, the assistant who keeps Langer's diary. He has four minutes until what would be the fourteenth meeting since breakfast — if he had had breakfast. And his research lab is not a thing to tour in four minutes: try four hours. It is the biggest in the chemical-engineering department, and probably the biggest in MIT. It may well be one of the biggest academic labs in the world under a single principal investigator. Its 1,300 square metres take up most of this floor of MIT's building E25 and some of a floor above. But Langer doesn't mention any of that. He leads us from room to room pointing out postdocs and pausing at embryonic stem-cell cultures. At the doors, he peers over the top of his glasses at a list of key codes that Day has helpfully printed out while he carefully punches numbers into the locks.
&If people feel good about themselves, they will solve problems.&Robert Langer Langer has a lab of more than 80 people, has authored in excess of 1,000 papers and holds more than 300 patents with almost as many pending. Those patents have been licensed or sublicensed by more than 200 companies, about two dozen of which Langer took a key role in founding. His 73-page CV (in small font, single spaced) starts with a 1970 chemical engineering degree at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, and ends with patents pending in biodegradable shape-memory polymers. I have come to spend the day with him to get a sense of how it is possible for such a monster of productivity to do what he does — and why he does it.
In answer to the latter question, he says that he has only ever wanted to help people, make them happy and do good in the world. “If people feel good about themselves, they will solve problems.” When I first heard this, the previous evening, I thought it sounded trite. By the time he, Tsao and I are touring the lab, I've come to think it pretty unvarnished truth.
Langer is up and pulling on his shorts. When his father died from heart disease aged 61, Langer, then 28, gave up eating meat and started exercising, something he now does for two hours or more each day. Now 60, he uses the time in his home gym to work and read, sometimes scrawling notes on the gym-machine console. This morning, he reads
The Boston Globe, starts skimming through the nearly 200 grant proposals he is reviewing for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's Grand Challenges in Global Health and listens to country music — his favourite. He skips breakfast but for a few sips of Diet Coke.
These first hours, I must admit, are hearsay. I had suggested that our day together run from waking to sleeping but Langer — in consultation with his wife — understandably declined.
Langer picks me up at the hotel near his office in his beige Mercedes-Benz E350. It's only a few blocks to his office, but the trip is long enough to pass two or three of the biotechnology companies he has started. Langer traded up from a clapped-out Ford Pinto to a Mercedes Baby Benz when he received his first consulting fee in the 1980s. He gets a new one every five years.
I am not the only media person around today. A film crew is setting up in Langer' he puts on a jacket (his black jeans and brown shoes are out of shot) and starts answering questions about his achievements. It's an educational video for the website of the Charles Stark Draper Prize, a US$500,000 award sometimes called a Nobel prize for engineering. Langer won it in 2002. The woman organizing the shoot told me that some of the other winners were impossible to pin down, but Langer was happy to oblige.
Robert Langer's papers make covers — as does he.BOSTON GLOBE/LANDOV; WILEY-VCH VERLAG; SCIENCE/AAASLanger recently read
Outliers, a book in which Malcolm Gladwell makes the case that exceptional people get where they are partly because of the exceptional circumstances in which they find themselves, rather than through exceptional ability or sheer hard work. Langer concurs. There is a personal aspect, he says, “a combination of stubbornness, risk taking, perhaps being reasonably smart and wanting to do good”. But there is also just the chance of what turns up. As a young chemical engineer keen not to work in an oil company he tried to find a position in teaching or at a medical school instead. He had no success until Harvard University's Judah Folkman gave him a job isolating molecules that inhibit blood-vessel growth. It was the right place: Langer says he was like a kid in a candy store, overcome by the sheer number of interesting medical problems that might yield to his engineering know-how and imagination. He isolated the angiogenesis inhibitor Folkman wanted (R. Langer
1976) and went on to make a porous polymer that controlled the rate at which such large molecules were released (R. Langer and J. Folkman
1976). The ideas took some time to catch on: both biologists and polymer chemists found them absurd. Now he is widely credited with founding the fields of controlled-release drug delivery and tissue engineering.
Phil Hilts, who heads MIT's Knight Science Journalism Fellowships programme, wants some advice on good people in nanotechnology to invite to a 'boot camp' for journalists. He is possibly the 15th person to ask Langer for some advice so far today. Everyone wants access to his network and his experience, and he obliges. In
The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama recounts asking Langer's advice on stem-cell research in 2006. Langer replied that more stem-cell lines would be useful, but “the real problem we're seeing is significant cutbacks in federal grants”.
On the way to and from the bathroom, Langer deals with seven or eight e-mails, including editorial advice on a paper being considered for
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. A passion for his BlackBerry is another link to Obama. At every moment he is not talking to someone directly, he slumps into a characteristic stoop over the device. His computer, by contrast, has not even been switched on so far today. All its processing power would make little difference to the speed at which Langer — a one-finger typist — sends messages. Not that much difference could be made. There is rarely more than a few minutes between sending Langer an e-mail and receiving a BlackBerry reply.
We walk across the snowy MIT campus to the room where he will be lecturing. On the way he points out the brown scaffold skeleton of the new David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer R his lab will move there in 2010. He will increase his lab space to almost 1,900 square metres, although he says he plans to give his existing lab members more space rather than recruit more staff.
&Langer is the Tiger Woods, the Michael Jordan of engineering.&Susann Luperfoy Langer wolfs down some (vegetarian) lasagna and a chocolate cookie, then starts his lecture. (Another of his five full-time administrators, Ilda Thompson, spends much of her time putting together his talks from six or seven templates.) This one is for undergraduates, part of a programme to teach them about 'real life' skills such as starting companies. “We have the Tiger Woods, the Michael Jordan of engineering,” says programme director Susann Luperfoy as she introduces him.
Everyone who is even remotely thinking about starting a biotechnology company should li it would probably save millions in wasted venture capital. Langer has boiled down the requirements for starting a biotech company to a set of clear bullet points. (Do you have a platform technology, a seminal paper and a blocking patent? If not you may be in trouble). Then he recounts six of his own success stories. “Dazzling,” says my neighbour at the table as Langer rounds up his talk.
As we walk back to his office, a small Mars rover appears to be making its way through the snow. “These kinds of things happen at MIT,” he says.
Langer is embracing Smadar Cohen, once his postdoc and now a professor at Ben Gurion University in Tel Aviv, Israel. He says that nothing makes him prouder than his 180–200 former students and postdocs now heading academic labs of their own. Cohen is involved in a new biotech 'incubator' for promising academic research projects called Pharmedica, based in Haifa, Israel. She and Yoram Rubin, the chief executive, have flown here largely for 30 minutes of Langer' their questions are how to raise money and which field to specialize in.
Langer tells them that their incubator needs to be closer to having a product if they want to persuade venture capitalists to invest the sums that they are thinking about ($10 million). “I always think to put money in they need to be scared enough that if they don't, they're going to lose something big,” says Langer. In terms of specializing, he says, “you have to look at what the cutting areas are and who has the intellectual property (IP) rights”. Neuroscience is a huge area, they agree. But, he adds, “I don't like to set boundary conditions before you need to”.
A no-show. Natalia Rodriguez, an undergraduate student who has been working in Langer's lab for the past two and a half years, has never had a one-on-one meeting with Langer. Today she had scheduled 15 minutes. Where is she?
Langer has essentially built his own interdisciplinary research institute in E25 — chemical engineers, cell biologists, chemists, physicists, material scientists, geneticists, medical doctors, mechanical engineers and mathematicians. “I don't think you could do a lot of the things we are doing without a lot of people,” he says. To run the group, he has three right-hand people, senior researchers at MIT who have elected to stay in his lab. One is Dan Anderson, who has come to the office to talk about further expansion. “We need to hire more people and figure out how to get them,” he says. The reason they need to expand is that the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, which has awarded the lab a large grant to develop biocompatible polymers for encasing pancreatic islet cells, has recommended they get an immunologist on board. They talk about hiring a joint-postdoc with another lab, but then Langer says, “it's probably easier to have our own”. He picks his book of National Academy Fellows off the shelf and turns to immunology. “I knew quite a few of these people. Frank Austen. Fred Alt. Irv Weissman, he's really interested in tissue engineering.”
Charles Jennings wants to consult Langer about an IP issue. As head of the neurotechnology programme at MIT's McGovern Institute for Brain Research, it has fallen to Jennings to hammer out an IP agreement for discoveries made by researchers at the institute — somewhat like a prenuptial agreement for future income. In general, MIT policy is that income from IP is split three ways between the inventors, their department and MIT. Jennings has drafted an agreement to sort out how this would work at the McGovern Institute, which often involves collaboration across several departments. Langer is concerned that MIT's Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) might not like it. They agree it would be bad, as Langer says, if three years from now “the head of BCS says how did you guys pull this off? We got nothing and you get 100%.”
A smell of perfume fills the air. Rob Robillard and three well-made-up young women (Jamie, Amber and Michelle) file into the office. As well as starting a bevy of companies that make biomedical devices, drugs or delivery systems, Langer also helped found Andora, which is now called Living Proof. The company, also based in Cambridge, uses chemical engineering to design hair and beauty products. Robillard is the chief executive.
Its first product, No Frizz, seals the gaps in the hair shaft so that water cannot enter, thus attempting to live up to its name. The three young women will be training beauty consultants across the United States when it is officially launched there in February (and on the QVC shopping channel). “It's spreading through the MIT campus,” says Robillard. Through starting this company, Langer now has his (frizzy) hair cut for free by a top hair stylist.
&The most important thing you can learn is fundamentals.&Robert Langer Langer parcels out wisdom and contacts in 15- and 30-minute slots. To the undergraduate student wanting advice on courses: “The most important thing you can learn is fundamentals.” If you want a placement in a company, “we can arrange that”, he says. He gives Tsao the lab tour. A button has come undone, unnoticed, on his shirt. Langer told me earlier that he does wonder whether he needs to be better at saying no to things. But “I don't like to hurt people's feelings”, he says.
We are slightly late to meet Rodriguez, whose appointment was rescheduled. She missed her original slot because she was trapped in an elevator for 45 minutes. She looks close to tears, but not bec she's having difficulty deciding whether to accept a job offer from Merck, or whether to go to graduate school. Langer tells her there is no wrong choice. “What do you feel in your heart you want to do?” he says. “I think I'm gonna work,” she says eventually, looking unconvinced.
Langer walks upstairs to a conference room filled with a throng that, in most other labs, would be an all-hands meeting. But this is just the undergra he has organized a pizza and soda session in an attempt to make himself accessible. As they introduce themselves (he doesn't know all their names), their varied projects outline the sheer scope of the lab's activities: stem- contact lense lipid parcels that deliver small RNAs; biomaterials
DNA vaccines.
ADVERTISEMENT
What is your favourite discovery, they ask. (His 1976
paper.) Where do you like to travel best? (Paris. Maui. Where the food is good.) Are you still intimidated by talks? (No.) Where do you find your inspiration? (TV shows, music, reading, no single mechanism.) How do you balance everything? (Exercise a lot.) If you did it all over again, what would you do differently? (He wouldn't change anything.) Will America still be a power in future research? (Yes.) What was your worst mistake? (Even mistakes teach you to be better.) He answers them all, between three pieces of pizza.
Langer's computer is still sitting unused as we leave the office. He drops me back at the hotel — I'm exhausted. On his way home he stops for an ice cream — coffee chip frozen yoghurt with hot fudge sauce. He spends an hour on the exercise bike. Sometimes he reads
magazine or watches the Boston teams play. Tonight he reads CVs, revises a paper for
Angewandte Chemie
and prepares his talk for the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, later in the month. He listens to his daughter — one of three teenagers — practise the presentation for her Friday chemistry class on smart polymers. “She did it all herself,” he says. “She has four citations and an interview with me. I don't do her homework. I explained some of the chemistry.” Then he does another hour on the cross-trainer and treadmill. No dinner speech today, and his own bed to look forward to: comparatively relaxed.
While packing for tomorrow's trip to Tampa, Florida, for the Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine, Langer panics: where are his passport and phone? They're in his coat.
Langer's BlackBerry is charging in the bathroom. He is in bed. I can't tell you what he dreams of. But if I had to guess it would be about happy, helped people.&
Commenting is now closed.请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
完形填空 (共20小题,每小题1. 5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从下列 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
As a teenager, I felt I was always letting people down. I was rebellious (反叛的) on the outside, &&31& &on the inside, I wanted people to &&32& &me.
Once I left home to hitchhike (搭便车) to California with my friend Penelope. The trip wasn’t &&33& , and there were many times I didn’t feel safe. One situation in particular &&34& &me grateful to still be alive When I returned home, I was different, not so outwardly sure of myself.
I was happy to be home. But then I noticed that Penelope, who was &&35& &with us, was wearing my clothes. And my &&36& &seemed to like her better than me. I wondered if I would be 37& &if I weren’t there. I told my mom, and she explained that &&38& &Penelope was a lovely girl, no one could &&39 &&me. I pointed out, “ She is more patient and is neater than I have ever been. ” My mom said these were wonderful &&40& ,but I was the only person who could fill my 41& , She made me realize that even with my &&42& &— and there were many —I was a loved member of the family who couldn’t be replaced.
I became a searcher, wanting to &&43& &who I was and what made me unique. My &44& &of myself was changing. I wanted a solid base to start from. . I started to resist& pressure to &&45& &in ways that I didn’t like any more, and I was &&46& &by who I really was. I came to feel much more &&47& &that no one can ever take my place.
Each of us &&48& &a unique& place in the world.You are special, no matter what others say or what you may think. So &&49& &about being replaced.You &&50& &be.
A. and&&&&&&&& B. but&&&&&&&&& C. as&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. for
A. leave&&&&&& && B. respect&&&&&& C. admire&& &&& &&&D. like
A. easy&&&&&&&&&&& B. hard&&&&&&&& C. fun&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. long
A. succeeded&&&&&& B. kept&&&&&&&& C. managed&& && D. remained
A. playing && B. eating&&&&&&&&&&& C. staying&&&&&&&&& D. running
A. family&&&&&&&&& B. friends&&&&& C. relatives& &&&&& D. class
A. loved&&&&&&&&&& B. mentioned&&& C. cared& &&&&&&&&& D. missed
A. before&&&&&&&& B. after&&&&&&& && C. though&&& &&& &&& D. unless
A. scold&&&&&&&&& B. compare&&&&& C. replace&&&&&&&&& D. match
A. qualities&& &&& B. girls&&&&&&& && C. people &&&&&&&&&& D. times
A. character&&&&& B. role&&&& && C. task&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. job
A. faults&&&&& &&& B. advantage& & C. manners&& && D. pities
A. look for &&&&&B. look back&&&& C. find out&&&&&&&& D. give up
A. picture&&&&&&&& B. view&&&&&&&& C. sense& &&&&&&&&& D. drawing
A. think&&&&&&&&& B. learn&&&&&&&&&&& C. change&& &&& &&& D. act
A. thankful&&
&&B. delighted&&&& C. disappointed&&&
D. hopeful
A. sure&&&&&&&&&& B. doubtful&&&& C. happy &&&&&&&&&& D. lonely
A. carries&&&& && B. catches&&&&&& C. seizes &&&&&&&&& D. holds
A. talk&&&&&&&&&&& B. forget&&&&&& C. care &&&&&&&&&&& D. argue
A. mustn’t&&&&&& B. shouldn’t&&&&&& C. can’t& &&&&&&&& D. needn’t
Studies show that laughter is something that
makes you feel calm or relaxed for both physical and psychological wounds
though it may seem futile to laugh in the face of pain and fear.
Dan Rather interviewed comedian Bill Cosby just one week after his son, Ennis,
was killed, Cosby said, “I think it is time for me to tell people that we have
to laugh. You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can
find humor in anything, you can survive it.”
it a flashlight for dark times: laughter just seems to adjust attitude better
than anything else. Inspirational speaker Steve Rizzo recalls a TV interview
with an injured firefighter a few days after 9.11.The man had fallen
more than 30 stories in one of the towers and had broken a leg. Everyone was
crying, and the reporter asked, “How is it that you’ve come out of this alive?”
He looked at her and without missing a beat, said, “Look, lady, I’m from New York and I’ that’ all you need to know.”
“Everyone laughed and
though the laughter was only a couple of seconds,” says Rizzo. “Sometimes
that’s all you need to catch your second breath. Laughter gives you that couple
of seconds. You’re sending a message to your brain, and the message is: If you
can still laugh even a little among the pain, you are going to be OK.”
course, there is a difference between laughing off a serious situation and
laughing off the fear that results. The firefighter was doing the latter,
states Rizzo, the author of Becoming a Humorous Being, and so should we. “If
there is anything we have learnt from 9.11, it’s how precious life really is,”
she says. “We have to send a message that our spirit won’t die. One important
thing that unites us is our ability to laugh.” 
writer uses the examples of the comedian and the firefighter to
show      
A.laughter is a good way to get rid of pain and fear
B.laughter is the best way to cure psychological wounds
C.it is your attitude that decides whether you can survive
the pain or not
D.laughing off a serious situation is different from laughing
off the fear that results
can infer from the passage that Steve Rizzo
is           
A.a reporter B.a soldier  
firefighter   D.a doctor
underlined word futile in the first paragraph
means       
A.hopeless      
B.useless
C.careless       D.worthless
the passage, we can know that Americans
are        
A.really inspired after
B.hardly united after 9.11
C.nearly surprised by
D.greatly hurt by 9.11
来源:2014届河北唐山一中高三第一次调研考试英语试卷(解析版)
It's not a new phenomenon, but have you noticed how
many nouns are being used as verbs? We all use them, often without noticing
what we're doing.
&&& I was arranging to meet someone for
dinner last week, and I said “I’ll pencil it in my diary”, but my friend
said “You can ink it in”, meaning that it was a firm arrangement not a
tentative one!
&&& Many of these new verbs are linked
to new technology. An obvious example is the word fax. We all got used to
sending and receiving faxes, and then soon started talking about faxing
something and promising we'd fax it immediately. Then along came email and we
were soon all emailing each other madly. How did we live without it? I can
hardly imagine life without my daily emails.
&&& Email reminds me, of course, of my
computer and its software, which has produced another couple of new verbs. On
my computer I can bookmark those pages from the World Wide Web that I think
I'll want to look at again, thus saving all the effort of remembering their
addresses and calling them up from scratch. I can do the same thing on my PC,
but there I don' I favorite—coming from “favorite pages”, so the
verb comes from an adjective not a noun.&
Now my children bought me a mobile phone, known simply
as a mobile and I had to learn yet more new verbs. I can message someone, that
is, I can leave a message for them on their phone. Or I can text them, write a
few words suggesting when and where to meet, for example. How long will it be
before I can mobile them, that is, phone them using my mobile? I haven’t heard
that verb yet, but I’m sure I will soon. Perhaps I’ ll start using it myself!  
1.“I’ll pencil it in my diary” in the second paragraph
probably means “____________”.
A. it was a firm arrangement
B. he prefers a pencil to a pen
C. the arrangement should be written as a diary
D. it was an uncertain arrangement
2.A website address can be easily found if it has been
____________.
A. favorited&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
messaged&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.
emailed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
texted
3. Which of the following has not been used as a verb
yet?
A. message&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
mobile&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.
email&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
fax
4. The best title for this passage is____________.
A. How to use verbs
B. Development of the English language
C. Origins of verbs
D. New Verbs from Nouns
来源:学年浙江省高三冲刺模拟考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
Early this morning, I got up to make a batch of Rice
Krispie treats(大米花糖) for my neighbor across the hall. She &&21&&greets
me when we see each other, and her little boy, who’s now 4, won’t talk to me
either.
Last Monday, she called the firefighters when a pan
I’d forgotten on the stove caused my flat to &&&&22&&.
I had gone for a walk, but when I came home the street in front of our
apartment was &&23&&&by a police car, a fire
truck and an ambulance!&& 24&&&I saw them, I
remembered the pan!
I felt safe knowing that &&&25&&we
don’t get along, my neighbor had done the right thing and didn’t blame me.
Hence, the Rice Krispie treats.
Last Christmas, my neighbor revealed that she had been
a little angry about me because of a(n) __26___ four years ago. I had
apologized and asked if there was anything I could do to ___27___ our
relationship, but she would not accept my &&&&28&&.
Her direct refusal really&&&
29&&&me. After that, I decided I’d just leave her be—a
relationship &&&&30&&&two to work.
So, you see, I was really scared she was going to
refuse my offer again,&&& 31&&&&me
standing on her &&&&32&&&holding my
plate of treats. Then, I reminded myself of how good I had felt the day before
when I’d done some random acts of ___33___ after telling myself: “ Feel the
fear, and do it&&&&34&& !”
After placing the Rice Krispie treats on a beautiful
plate, I opened my apartment door and met her in the hall way. I said:“I just wanted to tell you how &&&35&&&I
am that you were paying attention on Monday.” I held the plate &&&36&&her,
explaining these were very sweet American treats and that she &&&37&&try
to see whether she and her family liked them. She took the plate and we talked
a bit about&& 38&&&she’d become aware of the
smoke in my flat before parting ways.
Back at home I &&&39&&&a
“ happy dance”, because I had been kind even though I wasn’t sure it would be
appreciated. I want to be able to be kind without expecting people to
&&&40&&in a certain way.
1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.warmly&&&&&&&& B.occasionally &&&& C.barely&&& D.frequently
2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.go up&&&&&&&&& B.smoke up &&&&& C.burn up& D.tear up
3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.filled&&&&&&&&&& B.surrounded&&&&& C.blocked& D.taken
4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.The instant&&&&& B.For a minute&&&& C.That moment& D.At that time
5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.as though&&&&&& B.in case &&&&&&&& C.now that& D.even though
6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.affair&&&&&&&&& B.incident&&&&&&& C.deed D.event
7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.improve&&&&&&& B.build&&&&&&&&&& C.reunite&& D.establish
8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.advice&&&&&&&& B.suggestion&&&&&& C.apology&& D.request
9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.shocked&&&&&&& B.saddened &&&&& C.amused&& D.amazed
10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.takes&&&&&&&&& B.costs&&&&&&&&&& C.covers&&& D.makes
11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.having&&&&&&&& B.leaving&&&&&&&& C.keeping&& D.remaining
12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.home&&&&&&&&& B.hall &&&&&&&&&& C.apartment D.doorstep
13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.kindness&&&&&&& B.happiness&&&&&& C.politeness D.willingness
14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.some way&&&&&& B.anyway&&&&&&&& C.somehow& D.somewhat
15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.kind&&&&&&&&&& B.safe&&&&&&&&&& C.happy D.grateful
16.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.at&&&&&&&&&&&& B.on&&&&&&&&&&& C.towards&& D.over
17.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.could&&&&&&&&& B.must&&&&&&&&&& C.would D.need
18.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.when&&&&&&&&& B.what&&&&&&&&&& C.how& D.where
19.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.performed&&&&& B.learned&&&&&&& C.did&& D.played
20.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.receive&&&&&&& B.respond&&&&&&& C.reflect&&& D.realize
来源:2015届贵州省高一上学期期中考试英语卷(解析版)
题型:其他题
补全对话(共5小题,每小题1分,满分5分)
A. For every writer kissed by fortune,
there are thousands more whose longing is
never rewarded.
B. What I did have was a friend who found
me in my room in a New York apartment
C. This is the shadow land of hope, and
anyone with a dream must learn to live there.
D. In most cases these people are
dreaming of wealth and fame, not the long hours
alone at a typewriter.
E. It was so hard to sell a story that
barely made enough to eat.
&Many a young person tells me he wants
to be a writer. I always encourage such people, but I also explain that there's
a big difference between &being a writer& and
&writing&.(61)________ &You've got to want to write,& I say
to them, &not want to be awriter.&
The reality is that writing is a lonely,
private and poorly-paid affair. (62)________ When I left a 20-year job in the
US Coast Guard to become a writer, I had no hopes at all. (63)________ . It
didn't even matter that it was cold and had no bathroom. I immediately bought a
used typewriter and felt like a real writer.
After a year or so, however, I still hadn't
gotten a break and began to doubt myself.(64)________ But I knew I wanted to
write. I had dreamed about it for years. I wasn't going to be one of those
people who die wondering &What if... ?& I would keep putting my dream
to the test even though it meant living with uncertainty and fear of failure.
(65)________ .
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 lot of的用法 的文章

随机推荐