lay/puttake the blamee f...

当前位置: >>
Book 5 Unit 1 Great scientist(复习)
Book 5 Unit 1 Great scientists Ⅰ.联想记忆(根据提示写出相应的词汇以及相关短语) 1. conclude vt.& vi.推断出;结束→draw/come to/reach/arrive at a conclusion 得出结论 2.attend v.出席,参加;照顾→attend to 处理;照顾;专心于 3.ex
pose vt.暴露→expose... to 暴露;使显露 4. cure vt. & n.治愈→ cure sb. of sth.治愈某人?? 5. absorb v.吸收;使专心→be absorbed in 专心于?? 6.blame vt. & n.责备→be to blame 应受责备 7 . link ...to... 将??和??联系或连接起来→ connect...with... 把??和??联系或连接起来→be linked to ...和??有关 8. announce vt.宣布;通告→make an announcement 宣布 9.contribute vt. & vi.捐献;贡献→contribute to 为??做贡献; 有助于→make contributions to 苛刻 11. make sense 12. reject 讲得通;有意义→make sense of 弄懂 正在建设中 vt.拒绝;抛弃→refuse v.拒绝→deny v.婉言谢绝 为??做贡献 10. (be) strict with ...对??严格的→behard on对??13.construction n.建设→ under construction Ⅱ.构词记忆(根据提示写出相应的词汇及其派生词) 1. scientific adj.科学的→science n.科学→scientist n.科学家 2.challenge n.& vt.挑战→ challenging adj.困难的;挑战性的 3. construct 4. enthusiastic vt.建设;修建→construction n.建设 adj.热情的→enthusiasm n.热情5.cautious adj.谨慎的→ 6.universe n.宇宙→caution universaln.谨慎 adj.普遍的;宇宙的 Ⅲ.语境填词(根据提示用适当的单词或短语填空) 1 . At the meeting, heput forward ( 提出 ) a proposal that children be exposed to ( 暴露 ) challenges ( 挑战 ) but his proposal was rejected (反对) by the family.(爆发) of the2.The outbreak urged adeadly(致命的) diseasecure (疗法) be found, which was a challenge (挑战) but the experts ( 专 家 ) and physicians ( 医 生 ) weredetermined todefeat(打败) it.3.After some research, the police drew a conclusion (得出结论) that the factory was to blame (应负责) for the (污染).pollution 4 . Itmakes good sense( 合 情 合 理 的 ) for parents tobe strict with (对??严格要求) their kids but severe (严重的) punishment is not suggested. 5.It has been announced (宣布) that 外) Tom, two others are also suspectedapart from(除??之(怀疑) of the theft. 每次(疾病)爆发时,就有大批惊恐的人们死去. So many thousands of terrified people died every time there was an outbreak. 有一位妇女是从宽街搬过来的,她特别喜欢那 里的水,每天都要派人用水泵打水运到家里来.A woman, who had moved away from Broad Street, liked the water from the pump so much that she had it delivered to her house every day. So many thousands of terrified people diedevery time there was an outbreak.[句法分析](1)every time引导一个时间状语从句。每次…时(2)名词词组作连词用,引导时间状语从句的还有each time, any time, the last time, next time, thefirst time, the moment, the second, the minute,the instant等。(3)有些副词,如directly, instantly, immediately 也可引导状语从句。表示: 一……就 1) The ____________________, last time I met her she was picking cotton in the field. 我最后一次见到她,她在田野里捡棉花。 2)______________________, The second the bell rang the students dashed out of the classroom. (second) 铃声一响,学生都跑出了教室。 the first time he 3) He came to see my mother _______________ visited _______London. 他第一次到伦敦就来看望我的母亲。 4) The _____________________, moment I saw him I knew that he was angry with me. (moment) 我一见到他,就知道他在生我的气。 A woman, who had moved away from Broad Street, liked the water from the pump so much that she had it delivered to her house every day. have sth. done 用法小结: (1)请人做某事 (2)遭遇某种(不幸的)事 (3)“把……做完”,主语也可自己参加完成。 (4)与 “can’t, won’t”连用,且主语为第一人 称时,表示 “不容许,不许可”。 1) She is a vain woman and she only having photographs taken with famous enjoys ____________________ people.(have) 她是一个虚荣的女人,她只喜欢和名人一 起拍照. 2) The teacher spoke loudly in order to make himself heard (hear) 为了让别人听到, _______________. 这位老师说话声音很大。 3) The manager discussed the plan that they would like to see___________ the carried out next year. (carry) 经理讨论了他们下一年想要执行的计划 1. conclude vt.& vi. 断定,推断;使结束,终止;达成,缔结conclude sth with sth / by doing sth 以…结束 conclude sth (from sth) (从…)推断出;断定 conclude (from sth) that … (从…)推断出;断定 conclude a trade agreement 签署了贸易协定 conclusion n. 结论;结束 draw/reach/arrive at/come to a conclusion 得出结论 come to a conclusion that 所得结论是 in conclusion 最后 conclude whether a child is clever or 1) we can't________________________________ stupid ______from his points in an exam. 我们不能根据孩子考试的分数断定他是聪明还是 愚蠢。 concluded his speech with famous saying: 2) He _______________________a Where there is a will, there is a way. 他以一句名言“有志者,事竟成”结束他的演讲。 come to a conclusion that 3) I’ve ______________________he is not the right person for the job. (conclusion) 我断定他不适合做这项工作。 conclusion 4) In ____________,I’d like to express my thanks to my family. 最后,我想向我的家人表达感谢。 2. exposevt. 暴露,揭露;使曝光;使面临;使接触;使体验 使显露;暴露(1) expose...to(2)be exposed to 暴露于……;处于……危险中; 受...的影响;接触到 people exposed to high 1)Scientists found that ________________ levels of pollutants(污染物) were up to 5% more likely to suffer a heart attack. 科学家发现,接触到高污染的人群患心脏病的可 能性高了5%。 that children are exposed to too 2) The fact __________________________ many violent online games worries parents nowadays as well as the society. 孩子们接触到太多的暴力网络游戏,这一事实使现 在的家长以及社会尤为担心。 Children's being exposed to 3)_________________________as much art and culture as possible will do good to their growth. 孩子们受到尽可能多的艺术和文化熏陶对他们的 成长会有好处. 4)She covered her baby with a blanket in the wind, _____________________________.(leave) leaving his face exposed outside 在风中,她用毯子把她的婴儿包裹着,只把他的 脸露在外面。 3. absorb vt. 吸收;吸引;使专心; 并吞;理解,掌握 1) I keep the lesson simple because small kids can’t absorb that much. 理解不了那么多 . 我把课讲得很简单,因为小孩子____ in her new novel the 2) Completely absorbed _______________________, young writer kept thinking and writing for a dozen hours in her study. 这位年轻作家在她 的书房里一连十几个小时专心思考和创作她的 新小说. a loud noise did they make that I 3) Such _______________________ couldn’t be absorbed in the work. 他们制造 了如此大的噪音以至于我难以专心我的工作。 思考 你知道的表示“全神贯注;专心于”的短语还有哪些?be buried in, be lost in, fix one’s attention on,concentrateone’s mind on等。 4. blamevt. 责备; 谴责; 把……归咎于 n. 过失; 责备(1) blame sb. for sth. 因某事而责备某人 blame sth.on sb. 把某事怪到某人头上 be to blame (for...) 应承担责任;该受责备(用主动形式表被动意义) (2) take the blame for...对……负责 lay/put the blame for sth.on sb. 把某事归咎于某人身上 1) It is the test system, rather than the teachers, that is to blame ______________for the heavy burden of middle school students nowadays. 是测试体系而不是老师应为现在中学生的沉重负 担受到责备。 2) According to the driver’s explanation, it was not his carelessness but the bad road conditions____________________the accident. that were to blame for 根据驾驶员的解释,事故的发生不是由于他的 粗心大意而是恶劣的道路状况造成的。 3) In my opinion, it is his measures rather than his ability that _______________. are to blame (blame) 依我看来,是他的措施而不是他的能力应该受责备 5. contribute vt.& vi. 捐款;贡献;捐助contribute…to… 把…贡献给;向…投稿contribute to… 导致;有助于contribution n. 贡献;捐款;稿件make a contribution to … 对…作出贡献 1) Eating too much fat________________heart can contribute to disease and cause high blood pressure. 摄入太多的脂肪会导致心脏病和高血压的发生. have been 2) Even since I took up writing, I __________ contributing to the college magazine, which I _____________ hope will benefit my later career. 自从我从事写作以来 , 我一直为大学杂志投稿 , 我希望这将对我以后的职业生涯有好处。 3) The government should honor the engineer for the __________________________ contribution he has made to the city’s development. 政府应为那个工程师对这座城市的发展所作出 的贡献给予他荣誉。 跟踪练习: Blamed for 受到责备) the breakdown of the 1) ___________( school computer network, Alice was in low spirits. 2) In my opinion, everyone should ____________ make a great ______________( contribution to 作出突出贡献)protecting the environment. 3)Water can ____________________________( absorb and give off a lot of heat 吸 收和放出大量热量) without big changes in temperature, thus creating a stable environment. 4) His grandfather died before long,because the doctors didn’t cure ________________________ him of his lung cancer (治疗 他的肺癌). 5) As is known to us,a balanced diet and proper exercise can ______________________( contribute to good health 有助于 身体健康). 6) The army was well-trained and well-armed, the enemy 打 and had little difficulty defeating _________________( 败敌人). exposed to 当面对)danger and 7) When __________( conflict, Men tend to increase blood pressure, feeling Nervous and anxious. (expose) absorbed was she in 专注于)her job that 8) So __________________( she didn’t hear anybody knocking at the door at all. 1. put forward 提出(建议);推荐;将……提前 归纳拓展 put aside 放在一边;储存;留出(一段时间) ________ put away 收拾起来 ________ put back 放回,拨回 ________ put down 写下;镇压 ________ ________ ;放下 put off ________ 延期,推迟 put on ________ 穿、戴上;(速度、体重)增加;上演 put out ________ 扑灭,熄灭 put up ________ 举起;建造;张贴;留宿 put up with 忍受,忍耐,容忍 ________ 2. make sense 有意义;有道理;讲得通 make sense of make no sense 理解...的含义,明白 没道理,没意义There is no sense in doing sth. 做……没道理 in a sense 在某一方面;就某种意义来说 in no sense 决不 come to one's sense 醒过来,醒悟过来 have a sense of ... 有...感觉 makes sense to 1) It _______________work on the problem before it gets out of control. 在失控前致力解决这个问题,这么做是明智的。 makes no sense ―so 2) Planning so far ahead _____________ many things will have changed by next year. 提前这么久做计划没有意义――到第二年许多事 情都会发生变化。 3) In no sense___________________hunt wild are people allowed to animals for their meat or fur. 决不能允许人们猎杀野生动物以获取他们的皮毛 或肉。 4) Only when you read between the lines several can you make sense of times ____________________the main idea of this passage. 只有当你反复阅读字里行间的意思时才能理解 这篇文章的大意。 There is no sense in my painting the door if 5)____________________________ we’re going to replace it later. 如果我们打算以后把门换掉,那我给它上漆就毫 无意义了。
高中英语必修5Unit 1 Great scientist 综合练习_英语_高中教育_教育专区。Unit 1 Great scientist book 5 综合练习 第一节:单项填空。从 A、B、C、D 四个选项...必修五 Unit 1 Great Scientists 基础练习_英语_高中教育_教育专区。可做随堂练习,很实用月 日 星期 完成时间: 分钟 Book 5 Unit1(Great scientists) 1. The ...book 5Unit 1 Great scientists 词汇同步练习_高二英语_英语_高中教育_教育专区。高二英语 必修五第一单元 姓名 得分 7. This medicine will ___ him of his ...Book 5 Unit 1 Great Scientist 导学案_英语_高中教育_教育专区。Book 5 Unit...二、 复习检测(背诵课文) 三、 自主学习 1. 重点短语:1) put forward (...【步步高 人教版】2016届高三英语大一轮复习《book 5 Unit 1 Great scientists...(infect) 15 . Hewasinterestedinsciencewhenyoung.Afterhegrewuptobeascientist ...Unit 1 Great scientist book 5 I.单词拼写: 1.Urban inhabitants have to live...口腔执业医师实践技能复习资料 中医护理学基础重点 执业医师实践技能考试模拟试题...Unit 1 Great scientist book 5_英语_高中教育_教育专区。Unit 1 Great scientist book 5 I.单词拼写: 1.Urban inhabitants have to live with the ___(典型...10.The scientist often ___(做贡献)to an academic...the D. one 19.We need a man of great ___...book5unit1总复习 27页 免费
新课标人教版必修五...【步步高 人教版】2016届高三英语大一轮复习《Book 5 Unit 1 Great scientists》题库_英语_高中教育_教育专区。Unit 1 Ⅰ.单项填空 Great scientists 1.He ...人教版book5 unit1 Great Scientist Grammar_英语_高中教育_教育专区。Unit 1 Grammar 过去分词做定语和表语一、过去分词的含义 过去分词有“被动”或“完成”的...
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。君,已阅读到文档的结尾了呢~~
unit 1知识点Unit,UNIT,1知识点,Unit1,知识点,unit1
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
unit 1知识点
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口高二必修5Unit1Greatscientist;1.characteristic用作名词,意思是;Trafficjamsareacharacter;2.putforward的意思是“提出主意、计划;putaside节省(钱、时间);储蓄;把……放;putback拨慢;搁置putdown放下;记下;examine指的是仔细观察以了解或发现什么东西;5.att
高二必修5 Unit 1 Great scientists词汇
1. characteristic用作名词,意思是“特点;特征;特性”与feature意思相近。它也可用作形容词意为“典型的;具有…的特点的”。
Traffic jams are a characteristic of large cities. 堵车是大城市的特点。。
2. put forward的意思是“提出主意、计划(offer, suggest , an idea)等”。
He often puts forward some useful advice. 他常常提出一些有用的建议。 〖帮你归纳〗put的常用词组有:
put aside节省(钱、时间);储蓄;把……放在一边
put away储存(钱);放好
put back拨慢;搁置
put down放下;记下;击败;使(飞机)着陆; put off延期;推迟
put on上演;穿上;戴上
put out熄灭;关掉;扑灭
put through接通电话;完成
put up with忍受;忍耐
put into action/effect/practice实施;实行 3. examine 的意思是“检查;审查;诊察;考察;测验”。
examine指的是仔细观察以了解或发现什么东西,也可用于医生检查病人,以书面或口头的形式考察学生的知识与能力。check指的是通过检查以确保某事物正确、安全、满意或处于良好状态,核对,核实某物等。test指的是检验和衡量某物或某人的品质、质量等,测验某人在某方面的知识或能力,还有实验、考验的意思。 He is examining a theory. 他正在查验一个理论。You?d better check the tires. 你最好检查一下轮胎。They are testing the water for pollution. 他们在检验水污染情况。 4. repeat作为动词的意思是“重复;重做;”,相
5. attend 的意思是“照顾(take care of, look after);护理;出席;参加;上(学)等。 She attended him in hospital.她在医院护理他。
Only a few friends attended their wedding.只有几个朋友参加他们的婚礼。 He attended college in 1999.他在1999年去上大学。
attend on/upon侍候;随行
She is attending upon the patient. 他在侍候病人。
attend to致力于;专心于;处理;照顾Attend to work and stop talking.专心工作,不要说话。
6. ease用作动词,意思是“减轻;消除;舒缓;放松”,表示消除某人的痛苦时用结构“ease sb. of sth.”;也可以用作名词,意为“舒适;自在;不拘束;容易”。
These pills will ease the headache. 这些药丸会减轻头疼。
Walking helped to ease him of his pain. 他散了散步减轻了一些痛苦。
Her words gave ease to my distracted mind. 我心神不宁,她的话使我宽心。 ease作名词时的常见搭配:
at ease放松;自如;不拘束
be/feel at ease感到舒适
ill at ease不自在;感到拘束
put/set sb. at one?s ease使某人感到舒适、不拘束
with ease容易地;无困难地
7. cure用作名词,意为“治愈;痊愈;治疗;疗法”,也可用作动词,意为“治疗;治愈;纠正;戒除”。常用结构“cure sb. of sth.”表示“治好某人的病;纠正某人的不良行为”。
The doctor can?t guarantee a cure. 医生不能保证治愈。
I hope the doctor can cure the pain in my shoulder.我希望医生能治好我肩上的疼痛。 The doctor cured her of a bad cold. 医生治好了她的重感冒。 cure, treat, heal与recover的用法区别:
cure意为“治疗;治愈”,多用于用药物治疗并治愈某种疾病或改正不良习气。treat为日常用语,意为“治疗;医治”,指治疗病人的全过程或活动。heal意为“治愈(伤口); 医治”,指治好外伤或烧伤后的患部,使伤口愈合,不用于治感冒等疾病。recover意思为“痊愈, 复原”,主要是指从病中痊愈了,常与from连用。 That pill cured my headache. 那药治好了我头疼。
That will cure him of his bad habits. 那将改正他的坏习惯。
There are only two doctors to treat more than 50 patients.只有两名大夫来治疗50多个病人。 The wound on my arm has healed. 我胳膊上的伤已治好了。
He?s now fully recovered from his bad cold. 他现在已从重感冒完全康复了。 8. control 既可用作动词,也可用作名词,意为“控制;支配;管理”。。 beyond control无法控制
in control of 控制住;掌管
in sb?s control/in the control of sb.受着某人的控制;在某人的掌握之下
out of control 不受控制;失去控制
under control 被控制住,情况良好
under sb?s control/under the control of sb.受某人的控制
gain/have control of控制;支配
lose control of 失去控制
9. absorb的意思是“吸收;吸引;使专心;合并;吞并”,常用be absorbed in sth.表示“专心于某事”。。 be absorbed by被……吞并;为……所吸收
absorb … into吞并;吸……到……
absorb one?s attention吸引某人注意
absorb one?s time占用某人的时间
10. severe 用作形容词,当它的意思为“严重的;严肃的”时,和serious相近;当它的意思为“严厉的;严格的”时,与strict 相近,常用结构be severe on(upon)/with sb.表示“对某人严厉或严格”;此外它还有“剧烈的;尖锐的;朴素的”的意思。
The drought is becoming increasingly severe. 旱灾日趋严重。 He is severe with his children. 和对子女很严格。
You are too severe on (upon) the boy. 你对那个男孩太严厉了。 I felt a severe pain in the chest. 我感到胸口剧烈疼痛。
表示“伤势严重”要用severe,不用serious; 但指“疾病严重”时,两者都可与illness连接。
She received severe head injuries in the accident.在事故中她的头部受了重伤。(此句不可用serious) I was laid up for six weeks with a severe/serious illness.由于重病,我卧床六个星期。
11. valuable 的意思是“贵重的;有很大价值的;有用的;有帮助的”,其名词形式为value。 valuable, valueless, invaluable, priceless与 worthless的用法区别:
(1)valuable, priceless, invaluable这三个词意思一样,都表示“贵重的;无价的”的意思。priceless意思为“无价的;价值连城的”,用于加强语气,加深程度等情况;比valuable的程度更强。invaluable的意思是“无法估价的;无价的”,不用于形容价值或金钱,而是指质或品质。
(2)valueless, worthless这两个词意思一样,表示“无价值的,无用的”的意思,worthless是个常用词,valueless很少用。
12 blame用作动词,意为“责备;责怪;归咎于”的意思。常用结构为blame sb for sth./blame sth on sb (把某事归咎于某人),be to blame for sth(应受责备;对某坏事应负责任),此句就使用这种结构。 Don't blame it on him, but on me. 别怪他,该怪我。
They blamed the secretary for the delay of the plan. 他们怪罪秘书造成计划延误。 The driver was not to blame for the traffic accident.那次交通事故不应该责怪司机。
blame也可用作名词,意为“责任;责怪”。常见搭配有:bear/take/accept/get the blame for sth.(对某事承担责任),lay/put the blame for sth on sb(把某事归咎于某人)。
We should take the blame for our failure. 我们应该承担失败的责任。
We shouldn?t lay the blame for our failure on him. 我们不应该把失败归咎于他。
13. handle 作名词的意思是“把手;柄”;作动词的意思是“(用手)搬动处理;操纵;经营(run, manage)”。 14. addition用作名词,意思是“加;增加;加法”。
The children start by learning Chinese and addition. 孩子们从学汉语与加法开始。 There?s no room for additions. 再添置东西就没地方搁了。 addition 的常见搭配: (1)in addition的意思是“也;另外;此外(还)”,可以用在句子开头,可以用于句末。和besides意思相同,但besides不能用在句尾。
In addition, there was a crop failure in many provinces.此外,许多省份粮食歉收。
The man worked him sixteen hours a day and beat him in addition. 那人让他每天工作16小时,而且还打他。 (2)in addition to的意思是“除了……外(还有)”,可用于句首,也可置于句子后部,相当于 besides, apart from。 In addition to giving him some advice, I gave him thirty dollars. 我向他提出忠告,又给了他30美元。
He can get twenty dollars? extra income every month in addition to his salary.除工资外,他每月还可得到20美元的收入。
(3)to have an addition (to one?s family)的意思是“生孩子,添人口”。
Recently they had an addition (to their family).最近,他们家新添了一个孩子。
15. link 在此句中用作动词,意为“连接;联系”,常用结构link… to/with意思是“将……和……连接或联系起来”,link up意为“连接或连接起来”;也可用作名词,意为“环;连接;联系;纽带”。 The highway links Shanghai to/with Beijing. 这条公路连接上海和北京。 A railway links up the two towns.这两个城镇由一条铁路连接起来。 Your story links up with his. 你所说的和他所说得能联系的起来。
A lot of links fitted together form a chain. 许多链环连在一起组成链条。 Old friends are a link with the past. 老朋友是连接往事的纽带。
(1)join指的是任何事物的直接连接,连接的程度可紧可松,还能分开之意。常用结构join…to, join up。
(2)connect指的是通过某种媒介物把事物连接起来,事物的特征还保持,常表示与技术有关的连接和火车、飞机等实行联运。常用结构connect…with/to。
(3)combine着重指两个或两个以上的人或事物为了共同目的而结合在一起,结合后原来部分可能仍不改变或失其本性,常用结构combine…with。
(4)unite强调紧密地结成一体,含极难分开之意,常用结构unite…with。 Please join this pole to that one. 请把这根竿子和那根竿子接起来`。
This flight connects with New York one. 这班飞机在纽约可接上另一班机。 We should combine theory with practice. 我们应该理论联系实际。
The two big companies plan to unite. 两家大公司计划联合起来。
20. conclude用作动词,意为“结束;推论;推断”,常用conclude by doing/with sth. 表示“以……而结束”;conclude from 表示“从……推出结论”的意思,to conclude表示“最后”的意思,相当于意思名词短语in conclusion。 He concluded his speech with/by reading a poem. 他朗诵一首诗结束了他的演讲。 What do you conclude from these facts. 从这些事实中你得出什么结论?
The doctor concluded that the patient's disease was cancer. 医生断定病人患的是癌症。 To conclude/in conclusion, I wish you all good health and a long life. 最后,祝大家健康长寿。 draw( arrive at/come to /reach )a conclusion “得出结论”,
jump to a conclusion 意为“草率地得出结论”,conclusion后可接that从句。
21. contribute的意思是“捐赠;贡献;投稿;提供”。常用短语contribute to意思是“有助于;有益于;促成”。其名词为contribution意思是“捐献: 贡献: 投稿”,常用make a contribution to/towards…,表示“对……作贡献”的意思。 Everyone should contribute three dollars to the Red Cross. 每位工人捐了3美元给红十字会。 Everyone should contribute what he or she can afford. 人人都应该尽自己的能力做贡献。
I?ve been asked to contribute an article to the language magazine. 有人请我给那份语言杂志撰篇稿。 Fresh air and exercise contribute to good health. 新鲜空气和锻炼有益与健康。 Does smoking contributed to lung cancer?吸烟会导致肺癌吗?
He made an outstanding contribution to science. 他对科学作出了卓越的贡献。 22. lead to的意思为“通向;导致;引起;造成”,to为介词,后接sth.或doing. The path leads to the village. 这条小路通到那村庄。
New discoveries lead to some diseases being cured.新的发现使一些疾病被治愈。
23. make sense意为“有意义;意思清楚;有道理;明智的;合情合理的”;而make sense of意思为“理解;懂;明白”。 What you said made no sense. 你的话没有道理。
It makes sense to take care of your health. 注意身体健康是明智的。 Can you make sense of this poem? 你看得懂这首诗吗?
bring sb to his senses不再做傻事;苏醒
come to one?s senses不再做傻事;苏醒
in a/one sense从某种意义来说
in no/little sense一点也不;怎么说也不
the sixth sense第六感
24. complete用作形容词意为“完整的;全面的;彻底的;完成的;结束的”,常用complete with表示“齐备……的;备有……的”;也可用作动词意为“使圆满;使结束;完成;填(表格等)”。
This is a complete story. 这是一个完整的故事。(用作形容词)This year is now complete. 今年这一年到此结束。(用作形容词)David and Jean bought a house complete with furniture. 大卫和琼买了一幢配有家具的房子。(用作形容词)
The work is not completed yet. 这个工作还未完成。(用作动词)Complete your application in ink. 用钢笔填写申请书。(用作动词)
(1)finish表示“完成;完结“,但内在含义有些不同。finish意为bring sth. to an end, stop doing sth.,指”结束做某事;做完了某事“,后接名词或动名词,不可接不定式。
(2)complete常表示bring sth. into a whole, and what is missing or needed to form a finished whole, 指“使完整;使圆满“,尤指文学作品的完成或工程的竣工等,后接名词。
(3)end 为普通用词,指一种活动因达到目的而自然结束或因某一原因突然中止,可指作业、演讲、争论、旅行、战争或生命等的结束、终止,并可用作及物动词或不及物动词。 He has finished the work. 他做完了工作。
He has finished writing the paper.他已写完了论文。
The new school will be completed next month.新学校下个月竣工。(不可用finish)
His unexpected visit ended our discussion of the problem. 他、突然来访中断了我们对那个问题的讨论。 The party did not end until midnight. 晚会到半夜才结束。
25. cautious作形容词,意为“谨慎的;非常小心的;细心的”,其后常用介词about/with/of。 He was cautious when he was riding the bicycle.当他骑自行车的时候;他很小心。 She was cautious of strangers. 她对陌生人很警惕。 careful与cautious的用法区别:
careful的意思是“小心;仔细的;谨慎的”,表示很注意细节,行为小心以避免错误;cautious的意思是“十分小心的;谨慎的”,意义相近,但它所表示的是所有方面都仔细考虑之后才采取行为,带有迟疑、提防等心理。 He gave the patient a careful examination. 他仔细检查了病人的身体。 He was cautious about committing himself. 他对作出承诺很谨慎。 26. reject用作及物动词,意为“拒绝;不接受;摒弃”。
We rejected his idea for a music club, and decided to have an art club instead.我们没有采纳他关于成立音乐俱乐部的想法,而是决定成立艺术俱乐部。
It is hard for me to reject some bad habits. 我很难丢掉一些坏习惯。
(1)reject表示拒不接受不适当、不满足或厌恶的东西,如建议、计划、赠物、求婚、正义、忠告等,语气最强,有时还含有“抛弃;剔除”等意思。只可接名词,主语只能是人。
(2)refuse是普通用语,指坚决、果断甚至是粗暴的对别人的要求、请求、引诱或帮助加以拒绝,后接名词、代词或不定式,主语可以是人或物。 (3)decline常指婉转的拒绝,近似汉语的谢绝,多用于对他人的邀请或提供的帮助。在与不定式连用时相当于一般的“拒绝”,可与refuse通用。
He rejected their invitation point-blank.他直截了当地拒绝了他们 的邀请。 She refused his offer. 她拒绝了他的提议。
The big clock refused to welcome the New Year.这只大钟不愿迎接新年。
We asked him to come to our party, but he declined (the invitation). 我们请他来赴宴,但他谢绝了。 He declined to answer the question.他拒绝回答那个问题。(可用refuse) Be against be for
二必修5 Unit 2 The United Kingdom重点词汇解析
Unit 2 Words and expressions
1.unit (v.)
united (adj.) the United Nations
2. 1) consist of
由…组成,包括
(注意:不能用于被动语态和进行时态) = be made up of
The group consists of 4 students. 2) consist in
存在…之中
Happiness consists in freedom.
3. divide…into
把整体分成若干部分
separate…from 把原连在一起的或靠近的部分分隔开来. Please _______ the good apples ____ the bad ones. The teacher _______ the class ____ seven groups. divide sth. in half/into halves 把某物分两半 4. puzzle(n./v)
a cross-word puzzle
纵横字谜 be in a puzzle about 对…大惑不解 puzzled (adj.) 感到迷惑的 puzzling(adj.) 令人困惑的
5. debate on/about sth with sb.
open /close a debate 开始/终止辩论
under debate 在辩论中
cf. debate(辩论)/argue(争辩)/quarrel(争吵) 6. clarify (v.) 阐明,变的清晰
clarify a problem
His mind clarified. clarification (n.)
7. break (broke, broken)
break away from 挣脱…
break out (战争,灾难,疾病)爆发
break down (机器)出故障,(谈判)失败, (身体)垮了
break up 打碎,解散,结束
break into 闯入
break in 插话
break the rule 违反规定
break the record 打破记录
take a break
8. with/in relation to 关于…
A与B有关: A be related to B
A relate to B relationship 友谊
9.educational(adj.) educate(v.)education (n.)
10.legal --à legally (adv.)
11. at your convenience
在你方便的时候
for (the sake of) convenience 为了方便起见
make a convenience of sb. (乘机)利用某人
It is convenient for you to do
inconvenient (adj.)
12. attraction : 某物对某人有吸引力 sth. have an attraction for sb.
attract one?s attention
attractive
adj. 有吸引力 unattractive
13. collection
n.[u] 收集
n.[c] 收藏品
a collection of … 一系列的…(收藏品)
collect (v.)
14.construct (v.)
construction (n.)
be under ~
constructive (adj.)
constructor (n.)
15.influence :
1) have a good/bad ~ on /upon sb. 对…有好/坏的影响
have an effect on … 2) be influenced by…
16. leave out
leave alone
听其自然,不管
leave sb. doing sth. 听任某人做某事
leave sth undone
留下某事未完成
leave sb. with sth= leave sth. to sb.(把某物留给某人)
leave behind
leave word 留下口信
17. take the place of sb.= take one?s place
in place of=instead of
take place 发生,举行 (无被动态) 18.arrange
arrangement(n.) 19. fold:
unfold : 打开
20.sth. be available for …可供…利用
time available to you 做后置定语(你可利用的时间)
21. to one?s delight
使人高兴的是
delightful
令人高兴的
take delight in
喜好… 22.thrill (v.)
thrilling /thrilled(adj.) thrill with delight 为高兴而激动 a thrill of joy
Warming Up :
know about =know of
be known as be known for
Sth be known to sb. 某物被某人所知 make oneself known to sb. 自我介绍 as far as I know
divide sth. among 在…中分配某物 be divided by
用…除 Six divided by two is three
高二必修5 Unit 3 Life in the future重点词汇解析
Unit 3 Life in the future
master _ master (noun)
1.主人 The dog run to his master. 那条狗朝它的主人跑去。
2.专家 a master builder 建筑大师
3.硕士学位 master?s degree (also 亦作 master?s)
1.掌握;精通It takes a long time to master a foreign language. 掌握一门外语需花一段很长时间。
2.to control sth.: to master a situation
mastermind (n./v.)主谋 The police failed to catch the man who masterminded the whole operation.警方未能拘捕策划整个行动的幕后主谋。
masterpiece noun[c] 杰作;名著;代表作
mastery noun[u] 1. mastery (of sth)熟练;精通 His mastery of the violin was quite exceptional for a child of his age. 以他这个年纪的孩子来说,他拉小提琴的熟练程度很突出。
2.mastery(of/over sb/sth) 控制;驾驭 The battle was fought for mastery of the seas. 这场战斗是为了争夺海域控制而进行的。 sight
sight(noun)
1.[u]视力 He lost his sight in the war.(=he became blind)
2.sight of sb/sth 看见 We flew over Paris and had our first sight of the Eiffel tower. 我们飞越巴黎,第一次看到埃菲尔铁塔。
3.[u]视野 She didn?t let the child out of her sight. 她不让孩子走出自己的视线之外。
4.sights 名胜 When you come to New York I?ll show you the sights. 你到纽约来时,我带你游览名胜。
at first glance/sight 乍一看At first sight it looked like solid gold.
at/on sight一看到 The soldiers were ordered to shoot the enemy on sight. 士兵奉命一见敌人就开枪。
catch sight/a glimpse of sb/sth 瞥见 I caught sight of the man at the end of the street.
in sight 即将发生 A peace settlement is in sight. 和平解决在望。
know sb by sight 认得某人,但与对方并不熟悉
lose sight of sb/sth 不再看见;忘记We mustn?t lose sight if our original aim.
short-sighted 近视
sightseeing (noun)[c] 观光;游览
sightseer 观光者
看见;发现 After many weeks at sea, they sighted land. flash
flash (noun) 1.[C]闪电
2.[C]灵感 With a flash of inspiration I saw what the answer must be. 我灵机一动,想出个答案来。
3.[C/U]闪光灯 The light?s not very good. You?ll need flash.
flashlight =torch
1.[I/T]使闪烁 The disco lights were flashing on and off all night.
2.[T]发送 The news of the disaster was flashed across the world. 灾情传遍寰宇。
包含各类专业文献、生活休闲娱乐、高等教育、应用写作文书、文学作品欣赏、各类资格考试、92高三应用语法等内容。 
 利用多媒体技术优化高三英语语法课摘要:语法教学是英语教学的一个重要部分。然而...《 浅析多媒体技术在高中英语教学中的应用》中国信息技术教育;2011 年 06 期【...  百度文库 教育专区 高中教育 英语 高三英语上传文档支持以下设备:扫二维码下载 ...高考英语语法及语法应用训练题(情景语义) 1. They decided to drive the cow ...  利用多媒体技术优化高三英语语法课摘要:语法教学是英语教学的一个重要部分。然而...《 浅析多媒体技术在高中英语教学中的应用》中国信息技术教育;2011 年 06 期【...  利用多媒体技术优化高三英语语法课摘要:语法教学是英语教学的一个重要部分。然而...《 浅析多媒体技术在高中英语教学中的应用》中国信息技术教育;2011 年 06 期【...  备战高考:现代汉语语法基础知识与应用(简明易懂,切中要害)_语文_高中教育_教育专区。专题一:现代汉语语法讲义 第一部分:语法的相关概念 一、词性 1.名词:表示人...  2016高考定语从句在语法填空中的应用_高三英语_英语_高中教育_教育专区。语法专项:定语从句在语法填空和改错中的应用 一、语法填空。 1. The head of the village...  解题中语文语法的应用 贾二伟 在命题时,命题人为了限定题目,表达特定的意思就必须使用大 量的定语和状语,因此如果引导学生注意这些语文语法,必定有助于 在解题时...  单项选择题重语法更重应用_电大_成人教育_教育专区。单项选择题重语法更重应用 通过对十年来高考单项选择试题的分析,可以发现,单项选择题已经由传统的单纯考查语法...  这种编排方式强调这些语法项 目更高层次的语言应用。因此高三教材中出现的语法项目更注重了实践性的原则,学生不仅能要完练习而 且要在写作中运用。那么,在学习第三...

我要回帖

更多关于 take the blame 的文章

随机推荐