so angry什么意思 did he get...

When Did the Period Get so Angry? - Man Repeller
When Did the Period Get so Angry?
A note about punctuation: in journalism school, I was taught that as a writer you have three opportunities to utilize an exclamation point. To use one more often is overzealous, unwarranted and can detracts from your prose. As a human, I have determined that semicolons suck. When people use them improperly, which is frequently, it makes me want to tear my eyes out. They are not periods. They are not colons. They are not a fancy break to make you feel validated as an individual putting pen to paper.
They are pronounced commas. Pronounced is the operative word here because most people who write, myself included, suffer from what a teacher I had in 6th grade called “comma joy.” I treat them like pepper and put them on everything but you can’t do that with a semicolon.
And don’t get me started on question marks. The entire art has been bastardized by the way in which my generation communicates which is to say, no longer in the declarative form. All of our comments are now actually questions. You know what I mean, right? Here’s an example: instead of saying, “I am going to walk to Juice Press for lunch,” because I am a product of Gen. Y, the melodic tone of my voice has my statement register more accurately as a question so it sounds more like: “I am going to walk to Juice Press for lunch?”
See but the period, the period never did wrong by me. It never pretended to be anything that it wasn’t because it never wanted to be — it was the Zeus of grammar. That is, until now, as aptly pointed out by a story editor at The New Republic who has detected a new-age note of anger in the way in which our dearly beloved period is now used.
Figure this: you text your mom to say, “hey, what’s up?”
She writes back: “nothing”
You think, hmmm, my mom isn’t so busy today, okay! Good! I hope she’s relaxing!*
Now figure you ask the same question but she responds: “nothing.”
What do you think? If you’re a woman, probably that she is super extremely insurmountably pissed off at you. That she may or may not have already disowned but that is still TBD. And why do you feel this way? Because of that damn, conclusive period.
So how do we navigate these murky waters? I propose a new symbol to indicate the structure of our words — it looks like a pound sign but it’s called the hashtag. Have you heard of it?
* Oops. I just used all my exclamation points.
SITE by OUR OWN MAKING
CLOSE ME, BACK 2 MR
#NoSpam #Vegetarian
WELCOME TO THE PARTY!YOU'RE ON OUR LIST.
We need to confirm your email address. To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.
CLOSE ME, BACK 2 MR
TANKS FOR SUBMITTINGSo angry did he get that he has always, put me to a lot of troubles on purpose since then. 求翻译_百度知道
So angry did he get that he has always, put me to a lot of troubles on purpose since then. 求翻译
提问者采纳
他太生气了,从那以后,他总是故意给我惹麻烦。
来自团队:
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
sin的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁i really get angry
我得到真的生气了
我真的很生气
我真没生气
Hoeness rapped : "I would advise him to keep his mouth shut or else I will get really angry. And that won't be good for him."
赫内斯:“我要奉劝他闭上嘴,否则我就真的要生气了,这对他没有任何好处。”
In my judgment, it’s extremely dangerous to tell the person who has his hands around your throat, ‘don’t squeeze, or I’ll get really angry with you.’
依我看,这是非常危险的,好比是,有人掐住了你的喉咙,你同他说不要掐我,不然我就对你不客气。
If it came down to me voting him in I wouldn't, but I wouldn't really get angry if he did get in because hes extremely close to having a definite HOF career.
他可能刚好够资格主要因为他的国际上的表现。如果我选的话我不会投票给他,但是如果他真的入选我也不会很生气因为他的表现已经非常接近了。
点击关注有道词典
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!

我要回帖

更多关于 so angry 的文章

随机推荐