Iflove you to deathh, I must...

“I've changed my mind. I wanted to have a telescope, but now I want my daddy back. Lucien Lawrence’s letter to Father Christmas written after his schoolteacher father had been knifed to death outsid 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
“I've changed my mind. I wanted to have a telescope, but now I want my daddy back." Lucien Lawrence’s letter to Father Christmas written after his schoolteacher father had been knifed to death outside his school gate, must have touched every heart. Lucien went on to say that without his father he couldn't see the stars in the sky. When those whom we love depart from us, we cannot see the stars for a while. But Lucien, the stars are still there, and one day, when you are older and your tears have gone, you will see them again. And, in a strange way, I expect that you will find your father is there too, in your mind and in your heart. I find that my parents, long dead now, still figure in many of my dreams and that I think of them perhaps more than I ever did when they were alive. I still live to please them and I' m still surprised by their reactions. I remember that when I became a professor, I was so proud, or rather so pleased with myself, that I couldn't wait to cable my parents. The reply was a long time in coming, but when it did, all Mother said was “I hope this means that now you will have more time for the children!” I haven' t forgotten. The values of my parents still live on. It makes me pause and think about how I will live on in the hearts and minds of my children and of those for whom I care. Would I have been as ready as Philip Lawrence have been to face the aggressors (挑衅者),and to lay down my life for those in my care? How many people would want me back for Christmas? It's a serious thought, one to give me pause. I pray silently, sometimes, in the dead of night, that ancient cry of a poet “Deliver my soul from the sword (剑), and my darling from the power of the dog.” Yet I know the death comes to us all, and sometimes comes suddenly. We must therefore plan to live forever, but live as if we will die tomorrow. We live on, I'm sure, in the lives of those we loved, and therefore we ought to have a care for what they will remember and what they will treasure. If more parents knew this in their hearts to be true, there might be fewer knives on our streets today.小题1:According to the whole text we can see that the first paragraph ________. A.explains the importance of a telescope B.shows the writer's pity on the kid C.acts as an introduction to the discussionD.makes a clear statement of the writer's views小题2:In the second paragraph the author mainly wants to explain to us ________. A.how much he misses his parents now B.why his parents often appear in his dream C.when Lucien will get over all his sadness D.how proud he was when he succeeded in life小题3:In the writer's opinion, the value of a person’s life is ________. A.to leave behind a precious memory to the people related B.to have a high sense of duty to the whole society C.to care what others will remember and treasure D.to share happiness and sadness with his family小题4:What feeling did the author’s mother express in her reply?A.Proud. B.Happy.C.Disappointed. D.Worried
小题1:C小题2:B小题3:A小题4:D本文主要讲了我对父母的怀念。并叙述了我成为教授这一事后父母的反应。要我们珍惜身边的亲人小题1:C 此题考查学生的判断理解能力。第一段就是文章的一个引子。从孩子的信引出作者的思考。故选C小题2:B此题考查学生的概括能力。作者的父母虽然去世多年,但他们在“我“心中的地位甚至比他们活着的时候还要高、第二段最后一句话是本段的总结:The values of my parents still live on故选B小题3:A 此题考查学生对作者观点的理解能力。答案在第三段It makes me pause and think about how I will live on in the hearts and minds of my children and of those for whom I care.母亲的话使我思考我死后如何还能活在我的孩子以及我关心的人的心中的问题。故选A小题4:D 此题考查学生的判断理解能力。文章第二段讲述了作者成为教授之后非常兴奋,急于把这一消息告知父母。但他们的反应却出乎作者意料。母亲只是说“这下你该有空陪陪孩子了吧“我们可以很容易地排除AB,作者本来以为他的父母会感到高兴和骄傲,但文中用了转折连词but.disappointed“感到失望”在这里没有道理。母亲为作者只顾自己的前程,不关心孩子而担心。故选D
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
People always say that if God closed a door in front of you, there must be a window opened for you. Yes, people always say that, but &&&36&&is the window for me?   I am not disappointed, just a little worried &&&37&&&as my roommate said, “ Why are you angry with yourself once you &&&38&&&to do anything?” I have no idea. I just can’t &&&39&&&me if I can’t understand some easy things. Currently, I just feel__ 40&_with myself because I couldn’t finish the assignment on the lab, and what was &&&41&&&worse was that actually I did not understand what the &&&42&&&was! Fiona asked me why I didn’t &&&43&&&for help. The problem is that if I have to ask some silly questions, I will feel&&&&44&&.  Before I came here I was confident. But I have totally lost it. Sometimes I can’t__ 45&& sometimes I am too shy to &&&46&&&others. I have to admit that I am &&&47&&.   The wisest people are always &&&48&&&who can take advantage of others’ wisdom. But I was so stupid as to close myself and &&&49&&&a lot of time soaking inside the workbook, &&&50&&made me more confused. Why can’t I follow the sentence? I am &&51&&&to get help the next time I have any questions. I can &52&&I am not smart, but I shouldn’t hide it. I must &&&53&&&it as soon as possible. &&54&&I will have to waste much more time on it—just like tonight.  & Difficulties always go with me. Go&& 55&&! I can make it. 小题1:A.whichB.whatC.where D.why小题2:A.or B.andC.butD.while小题3:A.want B.decide C.failD.like小题4:A.believeB.like C.delight D.forgive小题5:A.unsatisfiedB.satisfiedC.happyD.worried小题6:A.very B.evenC.quiteD.fairly小题7:A.labB.assignmentC.problem D.question小题8:A.lookB.call C.search D.ask小题9:A.shamedB.upsetC.comfortableD.sorry小题10:A.stillB.evenC.yetD.only小题11:A.disturb B.help C.greetD.worry小题12:A.smart B.cleverC.wrong D.stupid小题13:A.these B.those C.onesD.the ones小题14:A.spend B.costC.kill D.waste小题15:A.that B.whatC.whichD.as小题16:A.determinedB.willing C.contentD.ready小题17:A.sayB.announceC.explainD.admit小题18:A.answerB.solveC.work outD.finish小题19:A.HoweverB.Thus C.OtherwiseD.Hopefully小题20:A.aheadB.on C.down D.up
题型:阅读理解
For many years, I was sure that my suffering was because of my size. I believed that when the weight disappeared, it would take old wounds, hurts, and rejections with it.Many obese(overweight)people also mistakenly believe that changing our bodies will fix everything. Perhaps our worst mistake is believing that being thin means being loved, being special, and being cherished. We imagine what it will be like when we reach the long-awaited goal. We work very hard to realize this dream. Then, at last, we find ourselves there.But we often gain back what we have lost. Even so, we continue to believe that next time it will be different. Next time, we will keep it off. Next time, being thin will finally realize its promise of happiness, and of course, love.It took me a long while to know that there was something more for me to learn about beauty. Beauty standards are different with culture. In Somoa a woman is not considered attractive unless she weighs more than 200 pounds. More importantly, if it’s happiness that we want, why not put our energy there rather than on the size of our body? Why not look inside? Many of us try hard to change our body, but with no result. We have to find a way to live comfortably inside our body and make friends with and cherish ourselves. When we change our attitudes toward ourselves,& the whole world changes.小题1:The passage tries to tell us the importance of ______.A.body sizeB.attitudes toward lifeC.culture differenceD.different beauty standards小题2:What does the underlined word “everything” (paragraph 2) mean?A.All the problems.B.All the bodies.C.The whole world.D.The truth.小题3:What can be inferred about the author?A.The author is a Samoan.B.The author succeeded in losing weight.C.The author has been troubled by her/his weight.D.The author probably got wounded in wars or accidents.小题4:According to the author, what is the common view of those who have lost some weight first and gained it back later?A.They feel angry about the regained weight.B.They don’t care about the regained weight.C.They feel optimistic(乐观的)about future plans on weight control.D.They think they should give up their future plans on weight control.
When I was fifteen, I announced to my English class that I was going to write my own books.Half the students sneered(冷笑), the(36)nearly fell out of their chairs laughing. “Don’t be silly, (37)geniuses(天才)can become writers,” the English teacher said , “And you are getting a D this term,” I was so (38)that I burst into tears. That night I wrote a short(39)poem about broken dreams and mailed it to the newspaper. To my(40), they published it and sent me two dollars. I was a published and(41)writer. I showed my teacher and fellow students. They (42). “Just plain dumb luck,” the teacher said. I tasted (43). I’d sold the first thing I’d ever written. That was more than any of them had done and if it was just dumb luck, that was (44) with me.
During the next two years I sold dozens of (45), letters, jokes and recipes. By the time I (46) from high school, with a C minus average, I had scrapbooks filled with my published work. I (47) mentioned my writing to my teachers, friends or my family again. They were dream killers and (48) people must choose between their friends and their dreams, they must always choose their (49).
I had four children at the time, and the oldest was only four. I wrote what I felt. It (50) nine months, just like a pregnant woman. I mailed it without a sell addressed stamped (51) and without making a copy of the manuscript.
A month later I received a(n)(52), and a request to start working on another book. The worst year I earned two dollars. In my best year I earned 36,000 dollars. (53)years I earned between five thousand and ten thousand. No, it isn’t enough to live (54), but it’s still more than I’d make working part time. People ask what college I(55), what degrees I had and what qualifications I have to be a writer. The answer is: “None.” I just write. I’m not a genius. 小题1:A.whole B.restC.mostD.other小题2:A.no B.only C.butD.even小题3:A.delightedB.anxiousC.upsetD.ashamed小题4:A.sadB.innocentC.disappointingD.puzzled小题5:A.delightB.astonishmentC.comfortD.happiness小题6:A.borrowedB.lentC.paidD.cost小题7:A.criedB.agreedC.sworeD.laughed小题8:A.successB.failureC.coldnessD.squeeze小题9:A.fineB.mixedC.comparedD.full小题10:A.booksB.poetsC.novelsD.poems小题11:A.dropped outB.leftC.graduatedD.laid off小题12:A.everB.neverC.seldomD.even小题13:A.if B.unlessC.untilD.before小题14:A.teachersB.familyC.dreamsD.friends小题15:A.tookB.swappedC.fittedD.changed小题16:A.letterB.envelopeC.writerD.cover小题17:A.editionB.agreementC.tradeD.patent小题18:A.RecentB.MemorableC.MostD.Several小题19:A.withB.in C.by D.on小题20:A.deservedB.introducedC.foundedD.attended
It was Monday,Mrs Smith’s dog was hungry,but there was not any meat in the house. Considering that there was no better way,Mrs Smith took a piece of paper,and wrote the following words on it:”Give my dog half a pound of meat.” Then she gave the paper to her dog and said gently:”Take this paper to the butcher(卖肉者),and he is going to give you your lunch today.” Holding the piece of paper in its mouth,the dog ran to the butcher’s shop.It gave the paper to the butcher.The butcher read it carefully ,he was sure that it was really the lady’s handwriting and presently did as he was asked to.The dog was very happy,and ate the meat up immediately. At midnight the dog came to the shop again.It gave the butcher a piece of paper again.After reading it ,he gave it half a pound of meat once more. The next day the dog came again exactly at midday.And as usual it brought a piece of paper in the mouth.This time the butcher did not take a look at the paper,and gave the dog its meat,for he had regarded the dog as one of his customers. But the dog came again at four o’clock.And the same thing happened once again.To the butcher’s more surprise ,it came for the third time at six o’clock,and brought with it a third piece of paper.The butcher felt a bit puzzled.He said to himself,”This is a small dog.Why does Mrs. Smith give it so much meat to eat today?” Looking at the piece of paper,he found that there were not any words on it!小题1:It seemed that the dog knew well that the paper its master gave it______.A.might do it much harmB.could do it much goodC.would give the butcher some meat D.was worth many pounds小题2:The butcher did not give any meat to the dog______.A.when he found the words on the paper were not very clearB.because he happened to have sold out all the meat in his shopC.until he was paid enough by Mrs SmithD.before he felt sure that the words were really written by Mrs Smith小题3:From its experience,the dog found that______.A.a piece of paper could bring him half a pound of meatB.only the paper from Mrs Smith’s words on it could bring it meatC.the butcher would give it meat whenever he saw itD.Mrs Smith would pay for the meat it got from the butcher小题4:At the end of the story you’ll find that______.A.the dog was clever enough to write on the paperB.the butcher found himself cheated by the smart animalC.the dog dared not go to the butcher’s any moreD.the butcher was told not to give any meat to the dog
Let me take you back a couple of years. Come with me as we relearn a lesson, one that has stuck with me, in my present memory, and&& 36&&me yet. We walked into Elida Road Hardware, an old-fashioned hardware &&&37___ . No automatic door, not a computer in the building. It was one that I went to fairly often. As we entered the door, two sounds &&&38&&us. The sleigh bells of last year made that sweet, peaceful tinkle as we opened the door. The other sound was the electronic beeper that reminded Andy of our &&39&&&.“Good afternoon, Ryan,” &&&&40&&&&the cheerful greeting. Andy was a very &&41 &&&sort of owner. He was of medium build and height, and the smile on his face welcomed us.We walked across the old wood floor. Andy asked us what he could help us with. I told him we were &&&&&42&&&a spring(弹簧). He very patiently replied, “l have lots of springs. You’re going to need to be more specific.”“Just a spring for an old-fashioned screen door.”“That’s it. A screen door spring, right down there. ” We &&43&&where he was pointing, and sure enough, there they were. And knew his store, and his products. That was why I came here instead of Meijer. The service couldn’t be beaten. T Yes. But service and&&44 &&&;No.I picked up one and followed him to the &&&45 &&.He figured up the price, doing the math in his head, “ $1.88,with tax comes to $1. 99. ”“ Put it on my dad’s account. ”He nodded and smiled, “ Good dad’s account. ” He smiled. “I don’t know what you boys would do &&&46 &&&dad’s account! ”He handed me the ticket and as I &&&47 &&&it, I asked, “You really trust my signature?”His reply surprised,_&& 48 &&&delighted me. “ When I can’t trust Jerry Hoover’s boys, I can trust nobody! ”We left, and the brain immediately started to forget things, in order of importance. But what Andy said that day rang in my ears. And it rings in my ears today. That’s a tall order to live up to. It’s a high standard of &&&49&&&.My father made a fame for that name, and I get to enjoy the benefits. But on account of this, I must maintain that fame. And that’s &&&&50&&&&business.小题1:A.inspiresB.excitesC.shocksD.amazes小题2:A.restaurantB.storeC.parkD.factory小题3:A.huggedB.greetedC.heardD.sensed小题4:A.presenceB.dependenceC.importance D.absence小题5:A.shoutedB.saidC.wentD.came小题6:A.specialB.ridiculousC.friendlyD.appropriate小题7:A.looking upB.looking forC.looking intoD.looking after小题8:A.turned toB.got toC.stuck toD.referred to小题9:A.descriptionB.determination C.satisfactionD.imagination小题10:.A.cornerB.counterC.bankD.door小题11:A.withoutB.withinC.byD.for小题12:A.sawB.wroteC.signedD.touched小题13:A.yetB.stillC.evenD.also小题14:A.honestyB.fortuneC.considerationD.devotion小题15:A.serious B.optimisticC.silentD.successful
Many people influenced various aspects of my life, based on their personal characteristics, accomplishments and values. I have been fortunate to have had numerous teachers and professors who I respect for their patience and intelligence. There are artists that have inspired me by their natural talents and original creativity. I value many political leaders, who have inspired me by their contributions to society, and their ability to change our futures. But of all the people I have known in my life, the person I admire most is my father.
As the youngest girl in my family, I always considered myself to be “Daddy's little girl”. While I grew up, it always made me sad to see so many of my friends and neighbors without a father or father-like figure around. This helped me appreciate how my father always takes an interest in his children's lives. In every aspect of my life my father continuously pushes me to excel, so I could accomplish my work outstandingly among my people. Whenever I feel like giving up, or have a question or a concern, I know I can always call on him for advice. From him I have also learned that sometimes you have to put others' needs ahead of your own, but you should make sure you are not taken advantage of by others. His strength seems to be unbreakable during hard times, and he is extremely determined to accomplish anything he sets his mind on, no matter how tiny it is. I highly respect him for how he stands up for what he believes in, and will never back down. I have always admired his open mind, compassion(同情) for people, and sense of understanding. He is a very reserved(保守的) man, but to everybody's surprise, he has a great sense of humor, and always knows how to put a smile on the faces of his wife, his children and his friends.
Living in his affection and instruction, I am very proud of my father. He also professes how proud he is of his children, and is still there to support us in whatever we are involved in.小题1:Which of the following could not be used to describe the author's father?A.Considerate and humorous.B.Affectionate and open-minded.C.Energetic and helpful.D.Learned and fashionable.小题2:Which of the following can best explain the underlined word“excel”?A.Show off.B.Do better than others.C.Be cleverer than others.D.Keep healthy.小题3:According to the underlined part, the father was telling the author to _________A.try to be good to those who were worth making friends with. B.try to take advantage of those who were friendly to her. C.think about others and help them, but not to be made use of in a negative way.D.think about others and help them, so that she could make them serve her.小题4: What can we infer about the author?A.She appreciated her father because he solved all the problems for her.B.She considered her father humorous and was often made to laugh by him.C.She was outstanding in work because her father pushed her hard.D.She had compassion for the fatherless.
I recently overheard something that surprised me. I heard that people who win the lottery (彩票)& are__21_for about 3 weeks. And then they go back to their__22__state of being before they won the money.I__23__that they would have been happy for a much longer time.The reason for this is that__24__we try to change how we feel by using something outside of ourselves,like winning the lottery,or getting a new car or house,it never__25__.The resulting feelings of happiness are often fleeting (飞逝的).We cannot__26__them for very long.In some way,it may be a good thing.It reminds us that happiness really does come from within and is__27__to us at any moment.True happiness has__28__to do with what is happening outside;it is an inside job.Happiness is a__29__.We can make the decision to be happy for one day,when we__30__in the morning,every morning.We can find something that brings us great __31__,like sitting outside in the garden under an old tree and__32__the birds sing,or watching the dog or cat play,and just__33__the moment.It is our__34__state and we need only allow it in.At any moment,we can__35__,take a deep breath,and remember who we really are,and why we came here,and that truly is to__36__joy and the aliveness of being.“Happiness is like a butterfly which,when run after,is always __37__our reach,but,if you will sit down___38__,may fall upon you,”&& said Nathaniel Hawthorne,an American novelist.So,today,no matter what is going on in your own__39__,stop and take a few moments to breathe deeply and just__40__to be happy,whatever that means to you.小题1:A.cleverB.luckyC.happyD.cautious小题2:A.previousB.unusualC.constant D.positive小题3:A.concludedB.suspectedC.promisedD.thought小题4:A.anyhowB.anytimeC.anywhereD.anyway小题5:A.changesB.forms C.worksD.appears小题6:A.keepB.controlC.blameD.guide小题7:A.availableB.consistentC.sensitiveD.similar小题8:A.muchB.littleC.someD.enough小题9:A.choiceB.chanceC.resultD.reward小题10:A.wake upB.look upC.turn upD.stand up小题11:A.successB.surpriseC.pleasureD.worry小题12:A.makingB.helpingC.listening toD.calling on小题13:A.wasteB.spendC.saveD.enjoy小题14:A.naturalB.commonC.accurateD.special小题15:A.stayB.stopC.leaveD.arrive小题16:A.discoverB.presentC.experienceD.accept小题17:A.beyondB.withinC.throughD.against小题18:A.noisilyB.silentlyC.carefully D.quietly小题19:A.mindB.heartC.lifeD.body小题20:A.pretendB.decideC.agreeD.hesitate
After 17 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said, “I love you, but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some &&&&36&&&with you.”The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been &&&&37&&for 20 years, but the demands of my work and my boys made it possible to visit her only &&&&38&&&.Then I called to visit her to go out for dinner and a movie. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she had curled her &&&39&&and was wearing a nice dress. My mother took my arm &&&&40&&&she were the First Lady.During the dinner, we had an agreeable &&&41&—nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of each other’s life. We talked so much that we missed the movie. At last, she said,” I’ll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you.” I &&&42 &.Two days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn’t have a &&&43&&&to do anything for her.Later, I received a copy of a restaurant receipt from the place mother and I had dined. A(n)&&& 44&&&note said, “I paid this bill in advance. I wasn’t sure that I but nevertheless, I paid for two plates—one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night &&&&45&&&for me. I love you, son.”At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time “I LOVE YOU” and giving our loved ones the time that they &&&&46&&&. Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be &&&&47&&till “some other time”.小题1:A.timeB.moneyC.dinnerD.movie小题2:A.upsetB.cheerfulC.aloneD.excited小题3:A.usuallyB.occasionallyC.frequentlyD.often小题4:A.programB.combC.organD.hair小题5:A.as ifB.even thoughC.such asD.as to小题6:A.discussionB.quarrelC.conversationD.fight小题7:A.refusedB.wonderedC.orderedD.agreed小题8:A.luckB.chanceC.willD.hope小题9:A.connectedB.attachedC.abandonedD.deserted小题10:A.caredB.arrangedC.meantD.applied小题11:A.spendB.wantC.needD.deserve小题12:A.put offB.paid offC.put forwardD.looked forward
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 love you to death 的文章

随机推荐