用星号标出,标星号,加星号
星一般地辉耀
作出杰出成就
成为明星;使成为明星
胜过,优于
adj.(形容词)
明星的,主角的
出色的,优秀的,卓越的,杰出的
[C] 星,恒星 a very large mass of burning gas in space, especially one that can be seen as a small bright point of light in a clear sky at night
[C] 明星,名角 a famous or ve the main performer in a film, play, etc.
[C] 功名; 机遇; 运气 a person's fame or chance of getting it
vt. 标示; 点缀 mark or decorate with, or as
take an asterisk to direct attention to sth
vt. & vi. 主演 be a star in a play, film, etc.
提示:各行业词典APP中含有本词条的独家正版内容,在手机上可看到更多释义内容。
star&:&星, ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&星级 ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&星状 ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&星形;星状 ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&星标“*”, ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&恒星 ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&明星,主角 ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&星宿 ...
在&&中查看更多...
(astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night
an actor who plays a principal role
a plane figure with 5 often used as an emblem
a performer who receives prominent billing
a star-shaped character * used in printing
the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub
Adjective:
indicating the most importa
"the leading man"
"prima ballerina"
"prima donna"
"a star figure skater"
"the starring role"
"a stellar role"
"a stellar performance"
"The movie stars Dustin Hoffman as an autistic man"
be the star in a performance
"Linguists star unacceptable sentences"
star的用法和样例:
用作名词 (n.)
A lonely star shone out against the black sky.
一颗孤星在黑色的夜空中闪闪发亮。
This star is not visible to the naked eye.
这颗星肉眼看不见。
The opera star wanted in her later years.
那位歌剧明星晚年生活困苦。
Her ambition was to become a film star.
她一心追求的是做电影明星。
用作动词 (v.)
The cast of the play included a international star.
这个剧的演员名单中有一位国际明星。
The star actor was ill, so his understudy had to alternate for him.
这位明星演员病了,因而他的替角必须代他演出。
用作名词 (n.)
A new star attracted the notice of the astronomer.
新发现的一颗星引起了那位天文学家的注意。
The mass of that star amounts to millions of times that of the earth.
那颗星球的质量相当于地球的几百万倍。
Even the coolest star is unimaginably hot by human standards.
即使是最冷的星体,用人类标准衡量起来,也是热得不可想象的。
Twilight deepened, first one, then another star appeared.
暮色加深了,先出来一颗星星,接着又出来一颗星星。
Many stars are invisible without a telescope.
许多星辰不用望远镜便看不见。
The innumerable stars in the sky are too far from us.
天上无数的星星离我们太远了。
At night I like to look at the remote stars in the clear sky.
晚上我喜欢观看晴朗的夜空中离我们遥远的星星。
The telescope reveals many distant stars to our sight.
望远镜把许多遥远的星星展现在我们面前。
Some stars look as tiny as pinheads, but they are even bigger than the sun in fact.
有些星星看起来像针尖儿一样小,但它们实际上甚至比太阳还大。
The sun and stars are luminous bodies.
太阳与恒星都是发光体。
This restaurant gets three stars in the guidebook.
这家餐馆在旅游指南中标有三颗星。
This is a four star hotel.
这是一家四星级宾馆。
He lay down with his limbs spread out in a star.
他四肢向外伸展成星形躺下。
The film star flashed an artificial smile at the crowd.
这位影星抛给人群一个矫揉造作的微笑。
The film star insisted that his part be completely rewritten.
那影星坚持他的角色应彻底改写。
The film star feels proud that she has won an Oscar.
那名电影明星得到奥斯卡奖感到很得意。
He's got the star role in the new film.
他将主演这部新片子。
The rose was chosen as the star flower because of its immense popularity.
玫瑰花被选作明星花是因为它极负盛名。
His star has set on the wane and people have begun to forget him.
他的气数已尽,大家已开始把他遗忘。
She often went out to have her stars read.
她时常出去找人算命。
用作动词 (v.)
用作及物动词
S+~+ n./pron.
Why did you star question 5?
你为什么给第5个问题打上星号?
Autumn crocuses star the grass under the tree.
秋天的藏红花点缀着树下的草地。
He was an interesting and intelligent man who had starred the field of Chinese diplomacy.
他是个风趣聪颖的人,为中国外交界增色不少。
The new play stars three of Britain's best actors.
这部新戏由英国最出色的三位演员主演。
He starred her when she was fifteen in her first movie.
她15岁拍第一部影片时,他就使她走红了。
v -ing as Attrib.
There are so many stars starring the sky.
无数的星星点缀着天空。
v -ed as Attrib.
In the list the starred questions are the most difficult.
在这张表里,加星号的问题是最难的。
The starred dishes on the menu are suitable for vegetarians.
菜单上标有星号的菜最宜素食者选用。
用作名词 (n.)
眼冒金星 apparently see flashing lights (after a blow to the head)
When that branch fell on my head,I saw stars for several seconds.
那树枝落在我头上时,我有好几秒钟眼冒金星。
The door hit me in the face and I saw stars for a moment.
我的脸撞在门上,好一会儿我都眼冒金星。
thank one's lucky stars
自庆幸运 regard oneself as very fortunate
I thank my lucky stars I bought my house when I did—I couldn't afford today's prices.
我当时买下了我的房子真是幸运——现在的价格我可买不起了。
You can thank your lucky stars that you don't have to go to this dreary reception.
你真走运,不用出席那死气沉沉的招待会。
You may thank your lucky stars that you were just slightly hurt while the others were either killed or maimed for life in that accident.
在那件不幸的事故中,你仅仅受了一点轻伤,而其他的人不是死了就是终生残废,你真是幸运。
用作动词 (v.)
star as( v.+prep. )
担任主角 take a leading part in (a play, film, etc.)
star as sb
Robert Powell is starring as Philip Marlowe.罗伯特·鲍威尔担任主角,扮演菲利普·马洛。
star in( v.+prep. )
在…里演主角,由…出演主角 take a leading part in (a play, film, etc.)
star in sth
Who is starring in the film at the local cinema?本地那家电影院上演的那部片子是谁主演的?
star sb in sth
The film stars a famous actor in the part of the mad scientist.本片中的那个疯狂的科学家是由一位著名演员扮演的。
用作名词 (n.)
眼里冒金星,目眩
相信自己的命运
明亮的星星
耀眼的星星
遥远的星星
新发现的星球,新秀
闪闪发光的星
启明星,金星
特约演员明星
好莱坞明星
英式足球明星
生来福星高照
用作动词 (v.)
在文章上打星号
由最好的演员主演
勇敢地主演
小心地主演
兴致勃勃地主演
完全地主演
有信心地主演
高兴地主演
兴奋地主演
谨慎地主演
紧张地主演
辉煌地主演
成功地主演
得意洋洋地主演
无条件地主演
在…中演主角,由…主演
用…来点缀
W why some are fix'd, And planetary some.
出自:W. Cowper
Thy soul was like a Star, and dwelt apart.
出自:Wordsworth
The innumerable stars, faint and far.
出自:Tolkien
This galaxy contains about one hundred billion stars.
出自:P. Davies
Like a sable curtain starr'd with gold.
出自:E. Young
The pale wild roses star the banks.
出自:H. Corby
star的详细讲解:
star的基本意思是“星”,指晴天的晚上能看到的天体,是可数名词,引申可作“像星星一样亮的人或物”解,即“明星,名角”。
star在正式文体中可作“功名; 机遇; 运气”解,是可数名词。
star用作动词的意思是指用星状物来为某物作标记或进行装饰,即“标示,点缀”。star还可指“主演”,即在一部影片中充当主角,有时也可指“使(某人)走红”。
star多用作及物动词,后接名词或代词作宾语。
star后接介词in表示“在…里出演主角”,也可指“由…主演”。
这两个名词均可表示“星”之意。
:planet指围绕太阳运转的行星。
:star多指恒星,也指天空中的群星。可引申指一切星状物或文体等领域中的知名人物。
☆ 直接源自古英语的steorra,意为星星。
star的海词问答与网友补充:
star的相关资料:
star&:&(瑞)
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&星, 星[形 ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&星;恒星, ...
在&&中查看更多...
star&:&电影 ...
在&&中查看更多...
【同义词】
star的相关缩略词,共有178条
战略目标的学术研究
自我测试自动资料分析
自动导航卫星通信
相关词典网站:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Luis Bu?uel English language film, see .
The Young Ones (US title: It's Wonderful to Be Young!) is a 1961 British film musical, directed by
and featuring ,
as his character's father,
as his love interest, and
as his band. The screenplay was written by Peter Myers and , who also wrote most of the songs.
choreographed the dance scenes.
The film was produced by the
and shot at their . It had its World Premiere on December 13, 1961 at the
in London's West End.
The story is about the
member and aspiring singer Nicky and his friends, who try to save their club in West London from the unscrupulous millionaire property developer Hamilton Black, who plans to tear it down to make room for a large office block.
The members decide to put on a show to raise the money needed to buy a lease renewal. The twist in the story is that Nicky in reality is Hamilton Black's son, something he keeps secret from his friends until some of them try to kidnap Black senior to prevent him from stopping the show. Although he is fighting his father over the future of the youth club, Nicky cannot allow them to harm him, so he attacks the attackers and frees his father.
In the meantime, Black Sr has realised that his son is the mystery singer that all of London is talking about, after the youth club members have done some pirate broadcasts to promote their show. So, although he has just bought the theatre where the show is to take place, in order to be able to stop it, the proud father decides that the show must go on. At the end, he joins the youth club members on stage, dancing and singing, after having promised to build them a new youth club.
Robert Morley, starred opposite Cliff Richard in The Young Ones
as Nicky Black
as Hamilton Black
as the musicians
as Barbara
as chauffeur
as Dorinda Morell
as woman in market
This was Cliff Richard's third film, following
and . Producer
as director and
and Peter Myers as writers, and during a meeting in Harper's flat, the four agreed to borrow the storyline of the film musical
(1939), where youngsters
put on a show with their friends to raise money.
The film was originally intended to feature the Shadows in acting roles, but it was decided that more professional young actors needed to be cast instead, so the roles originally intended for
were given to
and , while the Shadows themselves appear only as non-speaking band members.
A number of actresses were considered to be Cliff Richard's co-star. An early suggestion from the film's choreographer
was a New York performer named . Harper flew to New York and saw her in a show, but did not think that she was suitable. Another early consideration was the German actress , while Richard himself in an interview expressed an interest in engaging the very young
for the role. In May 1961 it was announced that a 21-year-old actress from London’s East End, Annette Robinson (aka Robertson), would be the female co-star, but within weeks the part was given to , a dancer from
in , while Robinson was given the smaller role of Barbara. When Carole Gray sings in the film, it is actually the voice of , who also provided the singing voice for
in Cliff Richard's next film
The standing set constructed for this film remained in situ for well over a decade, featuring in many television productions filmed at Elstree throughout the 60s and early 70s including , , ,
Scenes set both outside and inside the fictional Countess Theatre (bought by Nicky's father Hamilton Black in the film) were filmed on location at the Finsbury Park Empire Theatre. In the film, a medley of songs known as the " routine," framed by the song "What D'You Know, We've Got A Show," is performed by Nicky and his friends. The entire sequence was recorded in one day (9 August 1961) at the
studios, London. While session singers - the
- were used on the , the film version deployed the actors.
As Victor Rust describes it: "having broken into the dilapidated Finsbury Park Theatre, the members of the youth club, initially despondent, pick up the props, wardrobe, scenery and lighting, and enter into an extensive song and dance routine that features slapstick routines, jokes, songs and dancing". It is this mixture of performance techniques that characterises .
The eclectic references in the sequence includes "vaudeville, , the
and ". At the end, Nicky, to a rapturous reception from screaming female fans, "high-kicking his way centre-stage", sings the chorus of "". Thus the quotations from "the performers of yesteryear" merge with "self-quotation" by Cliff. This weaving of the present into the nostalgia creates a sense of continuity and forges a "common bond". Napper reads the reprise of the -inspired number at the end, complete with a reconciled Hamilton Black onstage, as "the point at which the generational conflict of the film is resolved, significantly through a continuity of entertainment values and styles".
The film was the second most popular movie at the British box office in 1961, following .
The title of the film was also used for the British television series
(), which contained many references to Cliff Richard throughout its twelve episode run.
The film has been adapted into a stage musical by John Plews, which premiered at
in London in December 2007. The stage adaptation follows the film story closely, but includes several additional songs. In February 2013 it premiered in Scotland at Eastwood Park Theatre in Giffnock, performed by the EROS Musical Society.
. Accessed 3 January 2016.
. Accessed 3 January 2016.
The Young Ones soundtrack album track listing, Columbia 33SX 1384
Victor Rust, The Cliff Richard Recording Catalogue, 2nd edition (Victor Rust, 2013), p. 719
Rust, p. 626
Rust, pp. 79, 209, 626
Rust, p. 589
Stephen Glyn, The British Pop Music Film: The Beatles and Beyond (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013), p. 54
Lawrence Napper, "British Gaiety: Musical Cinema and the Theatrical Tradition in British film", in Stephen Cohan, ed. The Sound of Musicals (Palgrave Macmillan), pp,. 32-34.
"Money-Making Films Of 1962." Times [London, England] 4 Jan. 1963: 4. The Times Digital Archive. Web. 11 July 2012.
This 10-minute reel shows Robert Morley and Cliff Richard being coached for the fight in the bar. Also there are some shots of Richard filming various parts of the show that he and friends put on in the theatre.
Films directed by
: Hidden categories:As far back as he could remember.Larry had longed to go to Hollywood and become a film star.The young man’s hopes for success were broken again and again.however.Hollywood just did not seem interes 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
As far back as he could remember,Larry had longed to go to Hollywood and become a film star.The young man’s hopes for success were broken again and again,however.Hollywood just did not seem interesting.When he first came to California,Larry had decided never to give up and return home without success.Therefore,he kept on trying.Someday,he told himself,his big opportunity would come. Larry found a job parking cars for one of Hollywood’s big restaurants.His pay was elementary,but since the guests were kind enough to give him more money,he managed to make a living.One day he recognized an important film director driving into the parking lot (停车场) and getting out of his car.Larry had recently heard that the man was ready to make a new picture. Larry got into the car and prepared to drive it on into the lot and park it.Then he stopped,jumped out,and ran over to the director.“Excuse me,sir,but I think it’s only fair to tell you that it’s now or never if you want me in your next picture.A lot of big companies are after me.” Instead of pushing away the boy,the director laughed,then wrote something on a card and handed it to the young man.“Come and see me tomorrow.”Larry got a small part in the director’s next film.He was on his way!【小题1】Which of the following was Larry interested in?A.Working as a waiter. B.Becoming a film star. C.Parking cars for film stars. D.Owing a big company. 【小题2】Why did Larry find a job parking cars?A.Because he liked the job. B.Because the parking lot was near Hollywood. C.To make a living and wait for the opportunity. D.To see a lot of film stars and work for them. 【小题3】After reading the story what can we infer (推断) about the film director ?A.He wanted to laugh at Larry. B.He recognized Larry at first sight. C.He was kind and gave Larry a try. D.He thought Larry would become a star. 【小题4】what does the word “elementary” mean in this passage?A.基本的 B.充足的 C.较高的 D.不达标的 【小题5】“He was on his way”refers to the fact that ________.A.he gave up and returned home B.he began to work towards success C.he took a journey to Hollywood D.he had difficulty in playing the small part
【小题1】B【小题2】C【小题3】C【小题4】A【小题5】B
解析试题分析:本文讲了Larry渴望成为一名电影明星,为了生活同时也是在等待机遇,他暂时在停车场工作,一次偶然的机会,他遇到了好莱坞的导演,并通过自己的毛遂自荐,饰演了电影中的一个人物,他开始走向成功。【小题1】细节题:根据As far back as he could remember,Larry had longed to go to Hollywood and become a film star.说明Larry渴望成为电影明星。故选B。【小题2】细节题:根据Larry found a job parking cars for one of Hollywood’s big restaurants.His pay was elementary,but since the guests were kind enough to give him more money,he managed to make a living.One day he recognized an important film director driving into the parking lot (停车场) and getting out of his car.说明Larry是为了谋生和等待机会。故选C。【小题3】推理题: 根据“Excuse me,sir,but I think it’s only fair to tell you that it’s now or never if you want me in your next picture.A lot of big companies are after me.”Instead of pushing away the boy,the director laughed,then wrote something on a card and handed it to the young man.“Come and see me tomorrow.” 说明这个导演很友好,让Larry试一下,故选C。【小题4】猜词题:根据but since the guests were kind enough to give him more money,he managed to make a living.可猜出“elementary”意思是“基本的”,故选A。【小题5】句意理解题:根据Larry got a small part in the director’s next film.说明他在通往成功的路上。故选B。考点:故事类短文阅读理解点评:这篇文章非常简单,先看问题,再带着问题仔细阅读短文,理解了全文内容,很容易选出正确答案。阅读短文时,常常会遇到一些生词。这时,要沉着,冷静,细心思考。首先要把整段、整篇文章看完。通过对全篇短文的理解,就很有可能猜测出生词的大意。另外,还可以从含有生词句子的上下文,以及句子和段落之间的关系来判断、理解生词以求获得其真正含义。猜测生词的另一种方法是,根据构词法推测。遇到生词后,可从构词法角度分析判断生词。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Starting high school means many changes in your life.Most teenagers look forward to the first day of high school,but still feel a little bit nervous.In order to make your high school life easier, you can follow these tips.Learn all you can about your first day before the first day.Take part in some activities that are held at the school for new students to know the school better.If parents are invited to these activities, take yours with you.Carefully look over all the materials you receive.Be sure you know where the school’s buildings are.Get the things you will need for class.Buy the things suggested on your teachers’ supply lists and place your materials for each class separately.Keep up with your high school workload(工作量).If you fmd you’re not doing well in a subject,make use of after-school study groups or ask your teacher to help you with your schoolwork.Consider private tutoring to get you through a difficult time.There’re more extracurricular(课外的)activities in high school than in middle school,such as clubs,music and theater groups,student government,and sports teams. Make friends and be seen at such school activities.Join a club or other organizations to meet people and develop friendships.Ask someone in school activities if you don’t know how.This is a good time to do what you like doing and an opportunity to try new things.Whe said school has to be aH work and no play?Since you’ll attend more activities in high school than in middle school,you’ll have to learn how to manage your time.【小题1】 The writer wrote this passage to &&&&&&&.A.advise us to study hard in high school B.tell us how to live an easier life in high school C.show that we may live a hard life in high school D.explain why there will be many changes in high school 【小题2】 In Paragraph 2,the writer suggests that we should&&&&&&.A.ask our parents to walk us to school B.ask other students about our high school C.prepare all the things we need for our classes D.1earn about our high school well before attending it 【小题3】 According to Paragraph 4,what should we do if we are not doing well in a subject?A.We should get help from others. B.We should stop going to activities. C.We should spend most of our time on it. D.We should give it up if it is not important. 【小题4】 In Paragraph 5.the writer wants to tell us that&&&.A.every coin has two sides B.the early bird catches the worm C.where there is a will, there is a way D.all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy 【小题5】 What will the Writer most probably talk about next?A.How to manage time well in high school. B.Why we need to learn how to manage time. C.How to attend more activities in high school. D.Why middle school is difierent from high school.
A few days ago we – that’s me and the husband – took a cab to the station. Chat with the driver fell to the wrong of cyclists, and the misunderstanding of the road rules. So far as the rules of the road go, there seems to be one basic principle: when you are driving a car you hate bikes, when you are riding a bike you hate cars (and I guess walkers hate everyone).&There is an obvious difference of viewpoint built in here. It wasn’t until I started to drive a car (almost 20years after I had first rode a bike) that I actually realized that you could not see a cyclist at night without lights. In fact I now want to shout at late night cyclists without lights(like motortists once did at me): “You’ll get killed, sunshine, I can’t see you.”The problem is that cyclists do ride headlong into danger. It's not just not having lights. It’s biking on pavements (and so threatening to injure a load of innocent walkers in the process) and biking down one-way streets the wrong way.I admit that I do bike the wrong way down a one-way street sometimes. My feeble(软弱无力) defense is that I try always to do it as if I know I was doing wrong. That is slowly, with an apologetic look on the face, and ready to get off at any minute. I can’t bear the guys(一伙人) (usually, but not always it is guys) who do it as if they owned the place, and at high speed.So cyclists are not entirely innocent. But they are among the disadvantaged groups, because the bottom line is that a car or a lorry can kill a cyclist and not the other way around.【小题1】When did the writer realize the danger for late night cyclists without lights?A.Not until she became a driver herself.B.Not until she had driven a car for 20 years.C.After she was shouted at by a motorist.D.After she was once knocked down by a group of guys.【小题2】When the writer biked the wrong way down a one way street, she felt_________.A.angryB.guiltyC.innocentD.proud【小题3】Which group is most likely to face danger according to the writer?A.walkers B.passers-byC.cyclists D.motorists【小题4】What can we learn about the writer?A.She often took a cab with her husband.B.She has been a motorist for over 20 years.C.She used to ride a bike without lights at night.D.She often biked the wrong way down a one way street.
I know it is wrong to envy your children. But when I see my son, Tonio and his younger brother Sam going down a slide together, one’s arm around the other, I know I have missed something wonderful. Not only did I never have a brother, but also I had no friendships like theirs. My sister was old enough to help take care of me, so she was more a mother than a playmate, and I was more a pest than a friend. A brother would have been wonderful, but it was not in the family planning. Now I finally live with brothers, my sons, Tonio and Sam. I am watching them build the kind of relationship that I once dreamed about. They go to bed together. When one comes into our bed after a nightmare, my wife and I know that before morning his brother will follow. Sam manages the world with more ease than his elder brother, whose frustrations often bring him to tears. With a sincere “Smile, Tonio,” Sam is the one who comforts him. Tonio, on the other hand, has stopped playing with boys at his age who don’t like playing with Sam. They are always backing each other up. I don’t know what kind of relationship they will have when they grow up. Parents always want their children to have what they never could. I want them to have each other. So I imagine them going to the same college, marrying sisters and living on the same block. That’s why I was so worried the day Tonio started kindergarten. I felt that I would lose something too. As we headed for school that morning, both boys seemed relaxed, as if neither had any idea that the day was going to be different, that starting then, Tonio would be leaving behind his brother, his best friend, his right arm. Tonio’s first day was chaotic, with hundreds of children outside looking for their teachers. Before any of us could say goodbye, Tonio disappeared with his new classmates. He turned to wave and then was gone. It was so sudden. Sam even didn’ t see him go. Although parents had been asked to ease the craziness of the first day by statying out of the school, I lifted Sam up and took him to Tonio’s classroom, looking for a glimpse of Tonio. Sam spotted him first. My wife and I didn’t head back home immediately, stopping instead at a coffee shop to treat Sam to hot chocolate. We even let him eat ice-cream with his fingers. Sam was still quiet, so I asked him if he missed his brother already. He didn’t answer. Instead he asked, “Daddy, is Tonio going to be gone forever?”“No, Sammy,” I said, feeling happy about his sweet question. “Not forever, just until three o’clock.”I sometimes think that the greatest thing I have ever done is to help create these brothers. And I didn’t stop with them. We had another child, and for the third time in a row, it was a boy. It wasn’t long before his brothers climbed into the crib(婴儿床) to play with him. I am surrounded by brothers.【小题1】What makes the author envy his sons?A.He has no friends like Sam and Tonio.&B.He has only one brother in his family.&C.He doesn’t enjoy brotherhood as they do.&D.He doesn’t have a good relation with his sister.&【小题2】What does the underlined word “pest” in paragraph 2 mean? A.a bad person&B.an annoying person&C.a good companion&D.a lovely brother&【小题3】What can we learn about the two little brothers? A.Tonio often encouraged Sam when Sam burst into tears.&B.The two brothers went to the same kindergarten.&C.Neither of the brothers played with other children.&D.They supported each other in different ways.&【小题4】The author was worried the day Tonio started his kindergarten, because__________.A.Tonio might not spend so much time with Sam&B.Tonio might not do well with his study&C.he was afraid he would lose Tonio forever.&D.he wanted Tonio to have what he didn’t have&【小题5】On the first day of the kindergarten, __________.A.Tonio had a nice day playing with his new classmates &B.Sam was very sad because Tonio was gone forever&C.Sam was allowed to have ice-cream with fingers as usual&D.the father felt happy when he sensed Sam’s love to Tonio&【小题6】What does the title “Surrounded by Brothers” suggest? A.The author experienced brotherly affection by raising his sons. &B.The author often plays with his sons whenever he has time.&C.Parents want their children to stay at home and play together.&D.The youngest son is always surrounded by his elder brothers.&
Can you imagine learning by playing games. To be sure, only children experienced some things differently from those with sisters and brothers. Many feel more pressure to succeed. They also tend to look only to their parents as role models in the absence of brothers and sisters. In India, 10-year-old Saviraj Sankpal founded a support group for the tiny minority of only children. Among other things, the group does volunteer work to counter (or be against) the myth that they are not responsible. "People think we're treated too kindly and ruined," says Sankpal, a computer engineering student. "But I'd like to remind them how lonely it can get." Most only children, however, say they wish for sisters or brothers only when it comes to caring for aging, unhealthy parents. Britain's David Emerson, coauthor of the book The Only Child, says that such a person bears terrible burden in having to make all the decisions alone. Emerson knows from experience: After his father died, he chose to move his elderly mother from their family home, where she was vulnerable to (or easy to be attacked by) house breakers, to a new one with more security." The move was quite hard on her, and she might feel that I pushed her into it," he says,". After all, I am left with that responsibility." In the future, more and more only children will likely face similar choices. With working mothers increasing, many families are finding they simply don't have the time, money or energy to have more than one child. As only children become common, perhaps the world will realize that the Charge made against them is unjust.【小题1】It can be inferred from the passage that the author's attitude towards only children is _______.A.ironicB.objectiveC.unfriendlyD.unjust【小题2】It can be inferred from the passage that only children's parents should ___________.A.found a support group for their only childrenB.do volunteer work to help their only childrenC.let their only children make all the decisions aloneD.set good examples for their only children【小题3】Emerson decided to move his elderly mother to a new house because he ___________.A.is the only one who cares about herB.doesn't want to leave her aloneC.wants to share the responsibility with herD.is worried about her safety【小题4】It is quite usual now for a working mother to ____________.A.spend all her time and money on her only childB.be responsible for bringing up her only childC.have and bring up only one childD.devote all her energy to her job【小题5】The main idea of the passage is that ________.A.only children are ruined and irresponsibleB.only children have to face many challengesC.most only children want to have brothers and sistersD.most only children share their responsibility with their parents
On the first day of class, Mr. Whiteson gave us a lecture about a creature(生物) called cattytiger, a kind of cat-like animal that completely disappeared during the Ice Age. He passed round a skull (头骨) as he talked, and we all felt interested and took notes while listening. Later, we had a test about that. When he returned my paper, I was very, very surprised. There was a very large cross through each of my answers. And so it was with everyone else's in our class. What had happened? Everyone was wondering and couldn't wait to get the answer. Very simple, Mr. Whiteson explained. He had made up all that story about the cattytiger. There had never been such an animal. So why none of us noticed that and how could we expect good marks for the incorrect answers?Needless to say, we got very angry. What kind of teacher was this?We should have guessed it out, Mr. Whiteson said. After all, at the very moment he was passing around the cattytiger skull (in fact, a cat's), hadn't he been telling us that it completely disappeared during the Ice Age? Clearly he was telling a lie. But we just kept busy making notes and none used his head. We should learn something from this. Teachers and textbooks are not always correct. 【小题1】We failed in the test because we didn't ______. A.take notes while listening B.show interest in what Mr. Whiteson said C.listen to the teacher carefully D.think carefully 【小题2】We got angry because ______.A.Mr. Whiteson didn't tell us the truth about cattytiger B.we failed in the test C.we didn't know why he played the joke on us D.there was no cattytiger 【小题3】We didn't find out it was a lie for ______.A.we simply believed our teacher very much B.we took notes carelessly C.we hadn't watched the skull carefully enough D.Mr. Whiteson spoke too fast 【小题4】Mr. Whiteson meant that ______.A.teachers couldn't make any mistakes B.textbooks might be wrong sometimes C.we should speak up if we thought our teacher or the textbook was wrong D.we shouldn't believe our teachers because sometimes they might tell lies
题型:单选题
Thousands of teenagers will be able to transfer to a new wave of “studio schools” at the age of 14 to improve their chances of finding a job in UK. A dozen new-style schools are designed to act as a bridge to the workplace and cut the number of NEETs--young people not in education, employment or training.Under plans, schools will operate longer days and work outside standard academic terms.Each pupil will be expected to spend between four hours and two days a week on work placements with businesses linked to the school and teenagers will be assigned a personal coach to act as an academic “line manager”.The reforms are put forward due to the fears that too many teenagers are now finishing full-time education lacking the skills needed to succeed in the workplace. According to a recent report, more than two-thirds of employers believe school and college leavers lack important “employability skills” such as customer awareness, while 55 per cent say they are unable to manage their time or daily tasks. And the number of NEETs has hit a record high, with almost one-in-five young people being left without a job or training place.The Department for Education will announce the establishment of 12 studio schools -- meeting the need of around 3,600 teenagers -- in areas such as Liverpool, Stevenage, Stoke-on-Trent and Fulham, west London. Each one, opening in 2012, will be linked to a series of local employers. Under plans, pupils will be able to transfer out of ordinary schools to attend them between the age of 14 and 19.The Government said all subjects would be taught “through projects, often designed with employers” -- with disciplines such as science being linked directly to local engineering firms or hospitals. Schools will operate a longer day to give pupils a better understanding of the demands of the workplace. Along with their studies, pupils will carry out work placements for four hours a week, rising to two days a week of paid work for those aged 16 to 19. They will also get the chance to take professional qualifications linked directly to the needs of local employers.【小题1】According to the passage, the NEETs are referred to those who ________.A.often miss classes from schoolB.refuse to take any kind of part-time jobs after schoolC.depend on their parents to find jobs after they graduateD.have no jobs without accepting education and work training【小题2】 Compared to ordinary schools, studio schools will offer the young more ________.A.interesting and lovely cartoons to make study easierB.chances to get future jobs with expert job trainingC.possibilities to make friends without going outsideD.lessons helping them to be admitted to universities【小题3】What makes the government decide to found studio schools?A.The determination to solve the problem of lacking workers.B.The doubt about whether full-time education is perfect.C.The worry about educated people lacking working skills.D.The increasing number of teens who drop out early.【小题4】 What may most probably attract senior high school students at studio school?A.They can find suitable jobs earlier with good qualification.B.They will be admitted to top companies with received training.C.They needn’t go to university thanks to received training here.D.They may have more free time to find part-time jobs after school.
A girl became a volunteer in the activities of Deathbed Care, which meant visiting and taking care of a patient suffering from an incurable disease with days numbered.The girl was assigned to look after an old man suffering from cancer whose children lived abroad. Their living conditions were not satisfactory while the old man had a lot of savings. She was expected to comfort him and keep up his spirits.Every Saturday the girl came on time to keep him company, telling him stories. When he was having an intravenous drip (静脉滴注), she would help massage his arms. The doctor found the patient much improved mentally. The old man began to involve himself actively in the medical treatment and he seldom shouted at others.But something that happened made the doctor uneasy and puzzled. Each time the girl left, the old man would give her some money. The doctor did nothing to interfere (干涉), unwilling to offend the old man. A month later the old man showed evident signs of decline after suffering coma (昏迷) a few times.When rescued from the latest coma, the old man told the doctor his last wish, “I have deep sympathy for the girl. Will you be kind enough to help her finish her studies?”But the doctor knew that her family was well&off and she had no difficulty pursuing her studies. Sometimes she even came to the hospital in her father’s car.When the girl came at the weekend after the death of the old man, the doctor told her the bad news. She was very sad and burst into tears. Then she handed $ 500 to the doctor, saying, “The old man had all along thought I came to do the job because of poverty. He gave me money so that I could continue my schooling.” Now he got the answer to the puzzle. In the last period of his life, the old man found it a real pleasure to be able to help a girl badly in need.【小题1】If you’re a volunteer in the activities of Deathbed Care, what kind of people do you have to attend to?A.Patients with a lot of money.B.Patients suffering from cancer.C.Patients without many days left.D.Patients living alone.【小题2】What can we learn from the passage?A.The doctor told the old man the truth.B.The old man’s children were wealthy.C.The girl’s father encouraged her to accept the money.D.The girl didn’t accompany the old man when he died.【小题3】What is the real reason resulting in the old man’s mental improvement?A.The girl’s love and great care.B.The pleasure of helping people in need.C.The doctor’s medical treatment.D.His children’s progress in life.
Now came great news! It came from a neighboring state, where the family’s only surviving relative lived. It was Sally’s relative—a distant relative by the name of Tilbury Foster, seventy and single. Tilbury now wrote to Sally, saying he should shortly die, and should leave him thirty thousand dollars, not for love, but because money had given him most of his troubles, and he wished to place it where there was good hope that it would continue its evil work. The bequest would be found in his will, and would be officially handed over provided that Sally should be able to prove to the executors (遗嘱执行人).
As soon as Aleck had partially recovered from the strong emotions created by the letter, she sent someone to the relative’s home and subscribed for the local paper. For the rest of the day Sally made confusion with his books, and Aleck could not keep her mind on her affairs, not even take up a flower-pot or book or a stick of wood without forgetting what she had intended to do with it. For both were dreaming.“Thirty thousand dollars!”All day long Aleck was absorbed in planning how to invest it, Sally in planning how to spend it.There was no romance-reading that night. The children took themselves away early, for their parents were silent, disturbed, and strangely unentertaining. Two pencils had been busy during that hour —note- in the way of plans. It was Sally who broke the stillness at last. He said, with excitement, “Ah, it’ll be grand, Aleck! Out of the first thousand we’ll have a horse and a buggy for summer, and a cutter and a skin lap-robe for winter.” Aleck responded with decision and calmness. “You can spend a part of it. But the whole of the capital must be put right to work. “Why, yes. Yes, of course. Have you got it invested yet?” “No, there’s I must look around first, and think, er…, I’ve
once in oil and once in wheat.” “Why, Aleck, it’s splendid! What does it amount to?” “I think — well, to be on the safe side, about a hundred and eighty thousand clear, though it will probably be more.” “My! Isn’t it wonderful? Good heaven! Luck has come our way at last, Aleck!” Then they went up to bed, but they left the candle burning in the sitting room. They did not remember until then Sally was he said they could afford it, if it was a thousand. But Aleck went down and put it out. A good job, for on her way back she hit on a scheme that would turn the hundred and eighty thousand into half a million before it had had time to get cold.&【小题1】 Why would Tilbury like to give all his money to Sally?A.Because Sally was Tilbury’s only relative alive. &B.Because Tilbury loved Sally and his family deeply. &C.Because Tilbury wanted his money to continue its function.&D.Because Sally and his wife are good at investing.&【小题2】The underlined word “bequest” in Paragraph1 probably means _________.A.a gift of personal property &B.a proof of a person’s identity&C.a method of getting money &D.a reason for giving money&【小题3】What do we know about Sally and his wife after receiving the letter?A.They were in deep sorrow and stayed up all night. &B.They cared little about the bequest and lived their life as usual.&C.They paid a visit to Tilbury to confirm the truth of the letter. &D.They had a big ambition to invest the money and make huge profits.&【小题4】Which of the following is the best title for the passage?A.Thrilling News &B.Sally’s Distant Relative&C.The $30,000 Bequest &D.A Smart Investment&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 film star 的文章

随机推荐