the civil warsrights mo...

FIRST SHE WAS SENT TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE, THEN SHE WAS SUSPENDED … CAN YOU SAY VIOLATION OF ONES CIVIL RIGHTS?
MORE IDIOTIC AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL BEHAVIOR FROM OUR SCHOOLS …
Adelina Silva, an 8th-grader at Capshaw Middle School in Sante Fe, New Mexico was for taking a stand and handing out opt-out forms Thursday informing parents that they had the option to ‘opt out” of the new on-line standardization test known as PARCC. According to Adelina Silva, she said “My goal here was to just let the parents know that they have the option.” However, that is when the Storm troopers at the Middle School started pulling the fliers out of the kids hands. Adelina Silva was then sent to the principals office? WHAT!!!
So what rule did the 8th grader break that landed her in the principal’s office, the opt-out form is even available on the school district’s website? But this is what goes on in today’s Gestapo schools where only protests against conservative issues are allowed or children are given extra credit. Silva had been suspended for one day as of Thursday afternoon.
WHAT PART ABOUT VIOLATING ONES CIVIL RIGHTS DOESN’T THIS SCHOOL UNDERSTAND? So the student broke no rules, yet she was suspended from school and missed time from classes. What brilliance on the part of school officials.
WHERE IS THE ACLU ON THIS ONE?
More students, parents and teachers standing up against PARCC, the state’s new online standardized test. It caused a disturbance at one school Thursday morning where a student at Capshaw Middle School in Santa Fe said she was disciplined for taking a stand.
“It’s setting us up for failure,” Adelina Silva said. “My goal here was to just let the parents know that they have the option.”
Adelina Silva, an 8th-grader at Capshaw, said she was handing out the opt-out forms Thursday when suddenly staff stepped in.
“They started pulling the fliers out from the kids’ hands,” she said.
That’s when Silva said he was pulled in to the principal’s office.
“And I was waiting there for over an hour and 20 minutes wasting my class time.”
The form she was handing out is available on the Santa Fe Public School’s website.
“I was very upset when I heard this,” her mother, Jacqueline Ellvinger said. “Parents need to know that this form is online and they are able to opt their children out of it.”
Ellvinger also chose to opt-out her son.
“It’s ridiculous,” she said of PARCC “Our children’s education is being based off a test.”
Sorry, but outgoing Attorney General is nothing more than a racist.
Attorney General Eric Holder cannot leave soon enough. Yesterday would not have been too soon. Sorry, but when you are driven by color, when all you see is color, when everything you do is dictated by color, no matter what color that is, you are a bigoted racist. In an interview with the Politico, Eric Holder said that during his final weeks in office he plans to . Why, because Holder in the death of Trayvon Martin and was unable to get a feather in his cap and press
in the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. Both individual, George Zimmerman and Darren Wilson, were never convicted of any crime, Zimmerman was by a jury and the Robert P. McCulloch, the Prosecuting Attorney for St. Louis County, Missouri,
from the grand jury. However, this is not good enough for the likes of Eric Holder, because all he sees is color. The hell with a jury decision or one from a grand jury. Holder only sees that black people can be wronged. Remember the
in Philly that Eric Holder nixed? But as Holder says, when it comes to “My people”, its a different story. My people? Gee, didn’t you think that the Attorney General of the United States upheld the law for all people?
Eric Holder ‘My People”
Attorney General Eric Holder plans to push, during his final weeks in office, a new standard of proof for civil-rights offenses, saying in an
that such a change would make the federal government “a better backstop” against discrimination in cases like Ferguson and Trayvon Martin.
In a lengthy discussion ranging from his own exposure to the civil rights movement of the ’60s to today’s controversies surrounding the shootings of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, Holder also acknowledged that he felt some of his own struggles with Republicans in Congress during his six years in office were driven partly by race.
“There have been times when I thought that’s at least a piece of it,” Holder said, adding that “I think that the primary motivator has probably been political in nature … [but] you can’t let it deflect you from … your eyes on the prize.”
Holder told POLITICO that between now and his departure, probably in early March when the Senate is expected to confirm Loretta Lynch as his successor, he will call for a lower standard of proof for civil rights crimes. Such a change would make it easier for the federal government to bring charges in the case of a future Ferguson or Trayvon Martin.
“I think some serious consideration needs to be given to the standard of proof that has to be met before federal involvement is appropriate, and that’s something that I am going to be talking about before I leave office,” Holder, 64, said.
Lower the standard of proof for a civil rights case, seriously? Please tell me that this fool, this bigot, this race-baiting, hate-filled individual does not have the authority or power to do so. Then again, when does the Obama administration ever abide by the US Constitution or the law? Civil Rights prosecutions have existed for years, but it is only when Eric Holder is Attorney General that the standards need to be changed. It is truly sick that this man only sees the world through the bias lenses of black and white, where only white can be wrong and evil. As I said earlier, Holder cannot leave office soon enough, this country will be a better place once he does.
Oh, and just to show exactly who and what Eric Holder is, when asked by the what book he would recommend to a young person coming to Washington, Holder made a revealing choice:
Eric Holder, America is a ‘Nation of Cowards’
The best comments of Eric Holder and his ilk can be heard below by Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke. Watch the VIDEO below where Clarke blasts Holder and calls him out for what he truly is.
“Some one said Eric Holder. I’m known for not sugar coating things. This pissed me off. I sat up and watched as events unfolded in Ferguson, Missouri. An unfortunate situation, obviously. Amy time a law enforcement officer uses force and takes a life it deserves a thorough, transparent vetting … But groups started to converge on Ferguson, Missouri like vultures on a roadside carcass. Groups like the New Black Panther Party. People like Al Sharpton. To come and exploit that situation and instead of coming in to help and try to restore calm, poured gas on that fire with some of their inflammatory and irresponsible rhetoric. And I sat up there and listened to Gov. Nixon and I sat up there and listened to Claire McCaskill the senator. And then I sat up there and listened to Eric Holder through law enforcement officers under the bus for political expedience. [...]
I expect that from Gov. Nixon. I expected that from Claire McCaskill.
Those are nothing but two-bit politicians. They do that sort of thing, that’s what politicians do. You know that. But I did not expect that from Eric Holder, who calls himself a law enforcement officer.”
In the end, Eric Holder’s Department of Justice will not file civil rights charges against George Zimmerman.
in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Try as they might to to charge Zimmerman in this politically motivated sham of a DOJ investigation, it turns out they had nothing. Zimmerman was originally charged with the first degree murder of Trayvon Martin as many irresponsible individuals stated it was racially motivated and a hate crime. The “white” Hispanic killed a black teen.
Even though the feds had intimated that there would be no charges filed, federal officials have insisted their civil-rights probe would be thorough and complete as it went on for nearly three years. After all is said and done,
and Obama/Holder Justice Department tried to railroad Zimmerman, he walks away with and no civil rights charges. That usually occurs when one kills another in a self defense shooting. As opined, “This decision comes as no surprise to anyone familiar with the actual facts of the case.” Imagine that, Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, Eric Holder, NBPP, NAACP and the rest of the race-baiters, George Zimmerman did not violate Trayvon Martin’s civil rights or kill him because of his color.
Local prosecutors initially did not feel there was enough evidence to prosecute the case. They were replaced and a politically motivated prosecution was conducted to get their pound of flesh from George Zimmerman. The murder prosecution failed, not the federal investigation into civil rights charges against Zimmerman has failed. One has to wonder if a civil law suit is next? However, I would have to agree with Robert Zimmerman,
a wrongful death trial, and could lead to very unpleasant facts that were never a part of the criminal trial.
ABC News – .
Justice Department officials met with Martin’s family today, and were told that they will not be filing charges against George Zimmerman, who shot the 17-year-old after a confrontation in 2012. Thursday marks three years to the day since Martin was killed.
Federal prosecutors concluded there is not sufficient evidence to prove Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman in Sanford, Fla., intentionally violated Martin’s civil rights.
“Although the department has determined that this matter cannot be prosecuted federally, it is important to remember that this incident resulted in the tragic loss of a teenager’s life,” Acting Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta of the Civil Rights Division said. “Our decision not to pursue federal charges does not condone the shooting that resulted in the death of Trayvon Martin and is based solely on the high legal standard applicable to these cases.” The case sparked intense discussions over race in America because Martin was walking to his home with only Skittles and an iced tea in his hands.
Florida prosecutors tried to convict Zimmerman of state-level murder and manslaughter charges, but in July 2013 a jury acquitted him, saying prosecutors didn’t have enough evidence to prove their case.
UPDATE I: .
Shortly after Zimmerman’s acquittal in state court on July 13, 2013, federal investigators resumed active investigation.
Federal investigators reviewed all of the material and evidence generated by the state of Florida in connection with its investigation and prosecution of Zimmerman, including witness statements, crime scene evidence, cell phone data, ballistics reports, reconstruction analysis, medical and autopsy reports, depositions, and the trial record.
Federal investigators also independently conducted 75 witness interviews and obtained and reviewed the contents of relevant electronic devices.
The investigation included an examination of police reports and additional evidence that was generated related to encounters Zimmerman has had with law enforcement in Florida since the state trial acquittal.
In addition, federal authorities retained an independent biomechanical expert who assessed Zimmerman’s descriptions of the struggle and the shooting.
The federal investigation sought to determine whether the evidence of the events that led to Martin’s death were sufficient to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman’s actions violated the federal criminal civil rights statutes, specifically Section 3631 of Title 42 of the U.S. Code or Section 249 of Title 18 of the U.S. Code, as well as other relevant federal criminal statutes.
Section 3631 criminalizes willfully using force or threat of force to interfere with a person’s federally protected housing rights on account of that person’s race or color.
Section 249 criminalizes willfully causing bodily injury to a person because of that person’s actual or perceived race.
Courts define “willfully” to require proof that a defendant knew his acts were unlawful, and committed those acts in open defiance of the law.
It is one of the highest standards of intent imposed by law.
The federal investigation examined whether Zimmerman violated civil rights statutes at any point during his interaction with Martin, from their initial encounter through the fatal shooting.
This included investigating whether there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman violated Section 3631 by approaching Martin in a threatening manner before the fatal shooting because of Martin’s race and because he was using the residential neighborhood.
Investigators also looked at whether there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman violated Section 3631 or Section 249, by using force against Martin either during their struggle or when shooting Martin, because of Martin’s race.
“Although the department has determined that this matter cannot be prosecuted federally, it is important to remember that this incident resulted in the tragic loss of a teenager’s life,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta of the Civil Rights Division.
“Our decision not to pursue federal charges does not condone the shooting that resulted in the death of Trayvon Martin and is based solely on the high legal standard applicable to these cases.”
Imagine this, FBI investigation finds no evidence to support the trumped up, political, race baiting charges against police officer Darren Wilson.
The is reporting that the Eric Holder Department of Justice will drop the civil rights charges against Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson. DOJ lawyers will recommend that no civil rights charges be brought against officer Wilson in the shooting death of black teenager Michael Brown. The FBI investigation has concluded what all normal thinking, non-race baiting individuals knew from the outset of this story, there was no evidence to support the trumped up charges. Remember when the
they could not wear bracelets in support of officer Wilson? Support for an officer that was guilty of nothing.
Justice Department lawyers will recommend that no civil rights charges be brought against the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed teenager in Ferguson, Mo., after an F.B.I. investigation found no evidence to support charges, law enforcement officials said Wednesday.
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and his civil rights chief, Vanita Gupta, will have the final say on whether the Justice Department will close the case against the officer, Darren Wilson. But it would be unusual for them to overrule the prosecutors on the case, who are still working on a legal memo explaining their recommendation.
A decision by the Justice Department would bring an end to the politically charged investigation of Mr. Wilson in the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown. The Missouri authorities concluded their investigation into Mr. Brown’s death in November and also recommended against charges.
After the Ferguson grand jury decided not to bring criminal charges against officer Wilson, Eric Holder went to Ferguson, Mo to fan the flames of racism and racial divide. Holder announced that his DOJ would investigate Wilson on civil rights charges, because the vigilante, race-baiting crowd wanted their scalp. Holder said that the Justice Department’s investigation into Mr. Brown’s death would be independent from the one conducted by the local authorities. The said
after St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch announced the grand jury’s decision, “I have done what the Missouri judicial system and even my own Justice Department failed to do in order to right this wrong.”
What will the reaction be from Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, NBPP and Barack Obama? Will Eric Holder make a public statement and apologize for destroying the reputation of a fine police officer just because of his color?
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY – 2015 ... Continuing in our pursuit of “The Dream”.
Once again we meet on this Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2015 and are asked to reflect on “The Dream” and the fact that we as a Nation have come a long way since the ;s. I personally make it a point every MLK day to listen to the words of the slain Civil Rights leader and his “I Have a Dream” speech and reflect on what it means and where we are today with that dream. Make no mistake about it America, we are a much better country for Martin Luther King Jr’s dream.
The United States of America has come a long way. Do not let anyone ever tell you we have not. However, “The Dream” is much like being a Christian or life in general. You don’t just all of a sudden say, okay, I have reached my goal and nothing more is needed. Have we come a long way, yes. However, does that mean we have much more to do and always will, you betcha!
The greatness of MLK Jr’s message is that it is for all people, not just one to blacks and another to whites. Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream, and it was one of inclusion that we “will not be judged by the color of our skin but by the content of our character”. Do not let any one else try and interpret that dream for you. Never let those with an agenda that is so far from “The Dream” to make you feel less or call you something that you are not. It is sad to witness today that those that are considered Civil Rights activists are more about race hustling and division, than they are about “The Dream”.
Martin Luther King Jr. was correct, it is never about the color of one’s skin, it is always about the content of one’s character. Always! Do not ever forget, it is always about character. Those who would highjack “The Dream” for their own self-serving purposes and agenda and try to divide us do America a disservice and do a disservice to Martin Luther King, Jr.
Martin Luther King – I Have A Dream Speech – August 28, 1963
January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968
Full text of MLK Jr’s “I Have a Dream” speech,.
I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.”
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today.
And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!
Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!
Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!
B let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!
Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!
Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God’s children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, “Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!”
Islamist Terror Attack in Paris France …
Eleven people are dead and 5 in critical condition after a.
This is the same magazine that was fire-bombed in November 2011 a day after it carried a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad.The attack took place at 11.30 am local time as two black-hooded individuals
entered the building with assault rifles and opened fire. The terror suspects who committed this heinous act are on the loose and a massive manhunt is underway.
This was not a lone wolf attack, this was an orchestrated terror attack on a media organization with a getaway plan. This was not a terrorist suicide attack looking to end up with 72 virgins. The training these men appear to have had is startling. Political correctness kills folks, get tough on terrorists or else.
Gunmen have attacked the Paris office of, killing 12 people and injuring seven in an apparent Islamist attack.
At least two masked attackers opened fire with assault rifles in the office and exchanged shots with police in the street outside before escaping by car.
The gunmen shouted “we have avenged the Prophet Muhammad”, witnesses say.
President Francois Hollande said there was no doubt it had been a terrorist attack “of exceptional barbarity”.
A major police operation is under way in the Paris area to catch the killers.
Twelve people are confirmed dead, 10 from the
Charlie Hebdo magazine and 2 police officers.
A huge manhunt is underway in Paris after at least 12 people were killed and seven others injured in a shooting at the.
Police said two of those killed were police officers and that four of the wounded are in a critical condition.
Witness Benoit Bringer said the attack started at 11.30 am local time: “Two black-hooded men entered the building with Kalashnikovs (automatic assault rifles). A few minutes later we heard lots of shots.” He added the men were then seen fleeing the building.
Other reports spoke of three or four gunmen, who made off in a car which may have been hijacked, hitting a pedestrian as they drove.
President Francois Hollande called it “an act of barbarism”. He added: “This is a terrorist attack, there is no doubt about it.”
The government said it was raising France’s security level to the highest notch and the prime minister’s office confirmed extra security has been put in place at official buildings and media offices.
UPDATE II: VIDEO of attack:
Hooded gunmen stormed the Paris offices of a weekly satirical magazine known for lampooning radical Islam, killing at least 12 people, including two police officers in the worst militant attack on French soil in recent decades.
One of the men was captured on video shouting “Allah!” as four shots rang out. Two assailants were then seen calmly leaving the scene.
In another clip onthey are heard shouting: “We have killed Charlie Hebdo. We have avenged the Prophet Mohammad.”
UPDATE III: :
13.56 Charlie Hebdo cartoonist has told a French newspaper of the moment he encountered the two attackers as they entered the office.
The gunmen apparently said: “We’re al-Qaeda”:
Quote I had gone to get my daughter at nursery.
When I arrived in front of the door of the building of the paper, two men hooded and armed brutally threatened us.
They wanted to come in, go up. I pressed in the code.
They shot on Wolinski, Cabu… it lasted 5 minutes… I had hidden under my desk… they spoke French perfectly… they said they we’re al-Qaeda.
UPDATE IV: VIDEO (Warning) Check out these sick SOB’s as they shoot and kill a wounded police officer on the side walk.
More VIDEOS can be seen at .
It is hard to believe it has been 25 years since the fall of the …
Nov. 9, 1989, 25 years later and it seems like yesterday I can remember watching the news of the German people hammering, chiseling and tearing down the Berlin Wall, symbolizing the freedom of the East German people and the defeat of Communism. Thousands of East Berliners poured into West Berlin and freedom.
It was a moment in history that you remember where you were when you saw the images of the fall of Communism and the rise of freedom. It is a forever remembered moment in history for the world, not just Germany. The people , as Germans shed their hammers and sickles for
and brought the wall down forever.
White balloons spanning a stretch of the former death strip floated over hundreds of thousands of revelers in the German capital on Sunday, culminating a day of celebrations to mark 25 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall.
More than 300,000 people gathered in Berlin to watch a light installation of tracing a nine-mile stretch be released into the night sky, police said. The illuminated balloons snaked past historic locations such as Checkpoint Charlie as part of a celebration that included music and fireworks at the city’s Brandenburg Gate—a location once circumvented by the wall.
Speaking earlier in the day, German Chancellor Angela Merkel called the fall of the Berlin Wall proof that dreams could come true during a ceremony to mark the event’s 25th anniversary. She added that its collapse offered hope to regions where “freedom and human rights are threatened or even trampled on.”
For days, celebrations throughout Germany have been commemorating the opening of the East German border on Nov. 9, 1989. The breaching of the border heralded the collapse of the Communist system and led to German reunification less than a year later.
The Iconic Photo of the Fall of the Berlin Wall
, pretty good documentary.
The Guardian: .
This year’s commemoration of the fall of the Iron Curtain may also feel more poignant because there is a palpable sense that peace in Europe in 2014 is more fragile than it was at the 20th anniversary in 2009.
In her speech at the wall memorial on Bernauer Strasse on Saturday afternoon, Germany’s chancellor, Angela Merkel, had explicitly emphasized the geopolitical resonances of the event, instead of indulging in personal reminiscences.
“We have the strength to shape things, to turn things from bad to good, that is the message of the fall of the wall,” she said. “These days, that message is directed at Ukraine, Syria, Iraq and many, many other regions in the world.”
Let us never forget what real leadership looks like. Where US President Ronald Wilson Reagan not only went to
when he uttered those famous words
that would eventually come true … “Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall,” but also helped bring about the fall of Communism. Wow, imagine that, a president with a spine and resolve to effectuate real change that brought liberty to millions, not one apologizing for America’s actions. A president that looked to unify people, not divide them. A president that looked to end Communism, not partake in it. God bless Ronald Reagan. These days we can only say, what a novel concept.
Chancellor Kohl, Governing Mayor Diepgen, ladies and gentlemen:, speaking to the people of this city and the world at the City Hall. Well, since then two other presidents have come, each in his turn, to Berlin. And today I, myself, make my second visit to your city.
We come to Berlin, we American presidents, because it’s our duty to speak, in this place, of freedom. But I must confess, we’re drawn here by other things as well: by the feeling of history in this city, more than 500 years older by the beauty of the Grunewald and the T most of all, by your courage and determination. Perhaps the composer Paul Lincke understood something about American presidents. You see, like so many presidents before me, I come here today because wherever I go, whatever I do: Ich hab noch einen Koffer in Berlin. [I still have a suitcase in Berlin.]
In the 1950s, Khrushchev predicted: “We will bury you.” But in the West today, we see a free world that has achieved a level of prosperity and well-being unprecedented in all human history. In the Communist world, we see failure, technological backwardness, declining standards of health, even want of the most basic kind–too little food. Even today, the Soviet Union still cannot feed itself. After these four decades, then, there stands before the entire world one great and inescapable conclusion: Freedom leads to prosperity. Freedom replaces the ancient hatreds among the nations with comity and peace. Freedom is the victor.
And now the Soviets themselves may, in a limited way, be coming to understand the importance of freedom. We hear much from Moscow about a new policy of reform and openness. Some political prisoners have been released. Certain foreign news broadcasts are no longer being jammed. Some economic enterprises have been permitted to operate with greater freedom from state control.
Are these the beginnings of profound changes in the Soviet state? Or are they token gestures, intended to raise false hopes in the West, or to strengthen the Soviet system without changing it? We welcome for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.
General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
JUST CURIOUS, HOW WAS THE NAME “REDSKINS” CONSIDERED OK FOR ?
Don’t ask for things, you might just open Pandora’s box … The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office stating that Federal trademark law does not permit registration of trademarks that “may disparage” individuals or groups. However, the action does not prevent the NFL’s Washington Redskins from using the name, with no patent protection, the team could lose revenue from preventing others to produce and sell merchandise using the same name.
But of course it is only a coincidence that this issue has grown with the presence of a community agitator as president.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office canceled the Washington Redskins’ trademark registration on Wednesday, a move that won’t force the NFL team to change its name but fuels the intense fight by opponents to eliminate what they view as a racial slur against Native Americans.
The 99-page decision by the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board said the team’s name and logo are disparaging. It dilutes the Redskins’ legal protection against infringement and hinders the team’s ability to block counterfeit merchandise from entering the country.
But its effect is largely symbolic. The ruling cannot stop the team from selling T-shirts, beer glasses and license-plate holders with the moniker or keep the team from trying to defend itself against others who try to profit from the logo.
From : 2-to-1 decision, Blackhorse v. Pro Football, Inc. (USPTO TTAB June 18, 2014). A quick excerpt:
[T]hese registrations must be cancelled because they were disparaging to Native Americans at the respective times they were registered, in violation of Section 2(a) of the Trademark Act of 1946, 15 U.S.C. § 1052(a) [which bars, in relevant part, registrations of marks that "may disparage ... persons, living or dead, institutions, beliefs, or national symbols, or bring them into contempt, or disrepute"]. This decision concerns only the statutory right to registration under Section 2(a). We lack statutory authority to issue rulings concerning the right to use trademarks.
Hmm, so who is next, the? And those of you at Atlanta Brave games doing the “tomahawk chop” will be arrested and cited for a hate crime.
opines, if the “Redskins” trademark is cancelled by USPTO as “disparaging,” are
“Negro” and “Colored” next? So does that mean the United Negro College Fund and National Association for the Advancement of Colored People should have their trademarks revoked?
Other names up for consideration, the Washington Scandals, Washington Tyranny, Washington PC’s, or my personal favorite the Washington Waste.
THE IMPERIAL PRESIDENT …
Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley went on the
and said the unthinkable, or should we say the unmentionable when it comes to Barack Obama, he compared him to Richard Nixon. Jonathan Turley, who mostly supports the policies of Obama, stated that we are at a tipping point constitutionally. Turley went on to call the Obama presidency an “imperial presidency, an uber presidency” and one “where the president can act unilaterally.” Folks, this is coming from a liberal.
Then came the money line … “Barack Obama is really the president Richard Nixon always wanted to be.”
People don’t seem to understand that the separation of powers is not about the power of these branches, it’s there to protect individual liberty, it’s there to protect us from the concentration of power. That’s what is occurring here. You know, I’ve said it before, Barack Obama is really the president Richard Nixon always wanted to be. You know, he’s been allowed to act unilaterally in a way that we’ve fought for decades.
SEAN HANNITY: We do have co-equal branches of government, separation of powers. You teach this regularly. You agree with the president politically. For you to say we are at a tipping point constitutionally — now, I agree with you. What does that mean considering our constitution is our rule of law and they are ignoring it?
JONATHAN TURLEY: Well, unfortunately our system is changing, and it’s changing without a debate. Or even a discussion about what we’re going to do in the future when we have a three branch system, a tripartite system but one branch is so dominant. What’s emerging is an imperial presidency, an uber presidency as I’ve called it, where the president can act unilaterally. This is only the latest example of that.
What’s troubling is that we have a system that has been stable precisely because these are limited and shared powers. This president has indicated that he’s just not willing to comply with some of those aspects. He told Congress he would go it alone and in our system you’re not allowed to go it alone.
SEAN HANNITY: If I broke the law, why do I think they would be the first people to hand kickoff me, perp walk me and send me off to jail. This is just my belief system. Paranoia or truth?
JONATHAN TURLEY: Well, I think that the biggest problem we have is that the system itself, if we have a dominant branch, simply begins to shut down in terms of the safeguards. People don’t seem to understand that the separation of powers is not about the power of these branches, it’s there to protect individual liberty, it’s there to protect us from the concentration of power. That’s what is occurring here. You know, I’ve said it before, Barack Obama is really the president Richard Nixon always wanted to be. You know, he’s been allowed to act unilaterally in a way that we’ve fought for decades.
HOW PRESIDENTIAL … Hillary Clinton, I was for not calling Boko Haram terrorists, before I was for it.
Former Secretary of State and 2016 Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has a lot of explaining to do. In the wake of the Muslim Islamist terror group Boko Haram and threatening to , Hillary Clinton like many jumped on the bandwagon of outrage. On Wednesday, Hillary Clinton called the abduction of the girls by Boko Haram was
and it really merits the fullest response possible, first and foremost from the government of Nigeria. Clinton went on to say that as Secretary of State she had numerous meetings with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and had urged the Nigerian government to do more on counter-terrorism.
Oh contraire mon frère … Hillary Clinton supposedly urged the Nigerian government to do more on counter-terrorism, but as reported at, Hillary’s State Department refused to brand Boko Haram as terrorists. According to accounts by Josh Rogin, what Hillary Clinton failed to mention was that her own State Department refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011, after the group bombed the U.N. headquarters in Abuja. The refusal of branding
Boko Haram as terrorists came despite the urging of the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and over a dozen senators and congressmen.But of course naming a new group to the terrorist list would have gone against Obama’s reelection talking points that al Qaeda was on the run.
As the folks at
opines,“Sound familiar? … Now Hillary wants to fight Boko Haram with hashtags. Too bad she didn’t fight them with real resources when she had the chance.”
Under Hillary Clinton, the State Department repeatedly declined to fully go after the terror group responsible for kidnapping hundreds of girls.
The State Department under Hillary Clinton fought hard against placing the al Qaeda-linked militant group Boko Haram on its official list of foreign terrorist organizations for two years. And now, lawmakers and former U.S. officials are saying that the decision may have hampered the American government’s ability to confront the Nigerian group that shocked the world by abducting hundreds of innocent girls.
In the past week, Clinton, who made protecting women and girls a key pillar of her tenure at the State Department, has been a vocal advocate for the 200 Nigerian girls kidnapped by Boko Haram, the loosely organized group of militants terrorizing northern Nigeria. Her May 4 tweet about the girls, using the hashtag, was cited across the media and widely credited for raising awareness of their plight.
What Clinton didn’t mention was that her own State Department refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011, after the group bombed the U.N. headquarters in Abuja. The refusal came despite the urging of the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and over a dozen senators and congressmen.
But of course Clinton’s response to these questions will be, we have 300 girls threatened to be sold into sex slavery, what difference does it make that Boko Haram are terrorists.
Support Scared
Monkeys! make a donation.
(breaking news alerts or news tips)
(comments)
(technical issues)
(radio show comments)
(blog and forum issues)
- Our IT person
Social Web
To Address:
Your Name:
Your Address: