apoet and peasantt from Nijn...

Hamlet Soliloquy: O, what a rogue and peasant slave am I! (2.2) with annotations
Hamlet's Soliloquy: O, what a rogue and peasant slave am I! (2.2)
Annotations
Now I am alone.
to him, or he to Hecuba, (530)
That he should weep for her? What would he do,
Had he the motive and the
That I have? He would drown the stage with tears
And cleave the general ear with horrid speech,
and appal the free,
Confound the ignorant, and
The very faculties of eyes and ears. Yet I,
A dull and
Like , (540)
A no, not for a king,
Upon whose property and most dear life
A damn'd defeat was made. Am I a coward?
Who calls me villain? breaks my
Plucks off my beard, and blows it in my face?
Tweaks me by the nose? gives me the lie i' the throat,
As deep as to the lungs? who does me this?
, I should take it: for it cannot be
and lack gall (550)
To make oppression bitter, or ere this
I should have fatted all the
With this slave's offal: bloody, bawdy villain!
Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous,
O, vengeance!
Why, what an ass am I! This is most brave,
That I, the son of a dear father murder'd,
Prompted to my revenge by heaven and hell,
Must, like a whore, unpack my heart with words,
And fall a-cursing, like a very , (560)
Fie upon't! foh! About, my brain! I have heard
That guilty creatures sitting at a play
Have by the very cunning of the scene
Been struck so to the soul that presently
For murder, though it have no tongue, will speak
With most miraculous organ. I'll have these players
Play something like the murder of my father
Before mine uncle: I' (570)
I'll tent him to the quick: if he but ,
I know my course. The spirit that I have seen
May be the devil: and the devil hath power
To ass yea, and perhaps
Out of my weakness and my melancholy,
As he is very potent with such spirits,
Abuses me to damn me: I'll have grounds
More relative than this: the play's the thing
Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king.
"The moment the dumb-show is over, [Claudius] realizes that Hamlet knows the whole truth. The action of the dumb-show is too like the crime which he has himself committed to leave doubt upon that score. If there were any such doubt, the drift of Hamlet's apparently mad talk during the spoken play following would dispel it. And Rosencrantz and Polonius have already mentioned Hamlet's joy at the arrival of the players, his command that they shall give a play, and his desire that the King and Queen shall witness it." William Witherle Lawrence.
More to Explore
Did You Know? ...
"To lie in the throat was worse than to lie from the lips. Staunton on ii. H. IV. i. 2, quotes from a
curious old Italian treatise on War and the Duello a passage in which the different gradations of giving the lie are enumerated
as the simple "Thou liest"; then, "Thou liest in the throat"; "Thou liest in the Thou liest in the throat
like a rogue as thou art," the last being an insult which could not be passed by without a challenge to combat." Kenneth Deighton. (From his edition of Twelfth Night. Allman & Son.)英语翻译Once upon a time there lived a peasant and a landlord near the forest .One day ,When the peasant was walking through the forest ,he saw a here and shot it ,just at that time came the landlord .He shouted at the peasant ,``This is my forest ,All animals in the forest are mine .if you kill any animal here again ,I`ll kill you .``Then he took the dead hare away from the peasant`s hand .Once later ,the peasant was walking through the forest again .Suddenly he noticed that a bear was jumping on a man ,after taking a careful look ,he found that was the right landlord.``Help kill the bear kill it quickly `` cried the landlord .``Aha ,it`s you `` answered the peasant ,``Sorry ,Ican`t kill your bear ,If I kill it ,you`ll kill me ,`` With these words he went away.
从前在森林附近住着一个农民和一个财主.一天,农民走过林子的时候,看见一只野兔,他射杀了这只兔子,就在这时那个财主走过来,他冲着农民喊:“这片林子是我的,这里所有的动物也是我的.如果下次你再在这里打猎,我就宰了你.”说完,财主从农民手里夺走了那只死兔子.那之后的一天,农民又在林子里走,突然他看见一头熊正向一个人扑去,农民定睛一看,原来那人正是那个财主.“救命!杀了熊,快杀了它!”财主喊道.“啊哈,原来是你呀”,农民回答道,“对不起,我不能把熊杀了,如果我杀了它,你就会杀了我的.”说完这些话农民就走开了.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
从前在森林附近住了个农夫和地主,有一天,当农夫正穿过森林时,他看到一个野兔并射击了它,正在这时,地主走出来。他对农夫叫道: 这是我的森林,所有森林里的动物都是我的。如果你杀了任何一只动物,我就杀了你。然后他带着死的野兔走了后来,农夫又一次穿过森林。突然他发现一只熊正在袭击一个人,他仔细看后,发现那个人就是地主。地主叫到:救命,快杀了这只熊!农夫回答说:这是你的东西,对不起,我不...
从前有一个农民和地主住附近的森林. 有一天,当农民步行通过森林、 他看到野兔并开枪,就在此时地主刚刚出来. 他大声向农民喊道,``这是我的森林,森林中所有动物都是我的. 如果你再杀这里任何动物,我会杀死你. ``然后他将死野兔从农民手中拿走,不久以后,农民又一次走在森林中. 突然,他发现一只熊扑向一个男的!仔细一看,他发现是正是那个地主. ``救命! 杀了熊! 快杀它! 地主哭着说道. ``啊哈,...
从前那里过靠近森林一农民和一个地主的.一天什么时候农民正通过森林步行他是锯子a这里和仅仅射击那个它时间到来地主.他被完全对这个是的农民喊叫我的森林动物在中森林是我的.如果你再次杀死任何这里动物,我将杀死你.``然后``他``是发生作用``离开农民死了野兔交.一旦较后,农民就正通过森林再次步行.突然他注意到那个一头熊是严斥一个男人是在小心他发现的是权利的看看之后地主.帮助!杀死熊!迅速扼杀它!高喊地...
在很久很久以前,有一个农民和一个地主住在森林的附近。一天,当这个农民这个森林猎杀动物的的时候,他看见那个地主在冲他射击,并在大声的叫喊着“这是我的森林,所有的动物全是我的,如果你再在这里猎杀我的动物,我将要杀了你”然后这个地主就抢走了农民手中刚刚猎杀的野兔。过了一会,这个农民又来到了这个森林,突然见他发现了一只熊向一个人冲了过去,经过仔细的观察,他发那个人是那个地主。“救命,快点杀掉这只...
从前有一个农夫和一个地主住在森林附近,一天当农夫穿过森林的时候,他看到一只兔子并射杀了它,这时地主来了。他对农夫喊“这是我的森林,所有森林里的动物都是我的,如果你再次杀了任何这里的动物,我就宰了你”然后他从农夫手里夺走了死兔子。后来,农夫又在森林里走,突然他看到一头熊在一个人身上跳,仔细看了一会后,他发现那人正是地主。“救命,杀了那头熊!快点!”地主喊“啊,是你啊”农...
扫描下载二维码

我要回帖

更多关于 poet and peasant 的文章

随机推荐