推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口当前位置: &
hold中文是什么意思
音标:[ həuld ]&&发音:&&过去式: held&&&过去分词: held&&&现在分词: holding&&&单三形式: holds&&&
中文翻译vt.(held held, holden )1.(用手、手臂等)拿住,握住,抓住,夹住。2.有,拥有,保存(财产);掌握,占据,保持(地位等);担任(职务等)。3.包含,收容;容纳,装着。4.控制,保持…的状态;支持,托住;压住,止住;吸住(注意等)。5.〔美国〕拘押;扣留;保留;使负(责任等)。6.怀有,持有(见解等);认为,相信,想;叛决。7.举行,开(会)。8.依法占有,用契约约束。9.【音乐】延长(发音)。 短语和例子hold a pen拿钢笔。 Hold the baby in one's arms 抱孩子。 Have and hold 保有。 Hold a pipe between the teeth 嘴里衔着烟斗。 Lightly won, lightly held. 〔谚语〕得来容易丢失得快。 Hold the first position (among … ) 占第一位。 This room can hold fifty people. 这个房间可以容纳五十人。 The pail holds milk. 桶内装着牛奶。 Hold the door open 让门开着。 Hold oneself in readiness 准备着。 Hold one's breath 屏息。 H- your hand! 住手! H-! = H- hand! 停止。 A fever held him for a week. 他发烧一个星期了。 Hold one to be a fool 拿人当傻瓜。 I hold it my duty to inform you. 我认为我有责任通知你。 There is no holding him. 弄不过他,制不了他。 Hold a discussion 开讨论会。 Hold an examination 举行考试。 Hold sb. Guilty 叛定某人有罪。 Be held at the station house 被拘留在警察局。vi.1.抓着,握着;保持 ( to)。2.持久,耐久;支持得住。3.继续,继续进行,持续。4.合用,可适用,(条约等仍然)有效。5.享有,保有土地[财产、权利等] (of from)。6.停止〔常用于命令式〕。短语和例子The rope holds. 绳子吃得住[不会断]。 Winter still holds. 冬天还没有过去。 The rule does not hold (good) in this case. 这规则在这种情况下不适用。 Be neither to hold nor to bind 非常激动,无法抑制。 Cry hold 命令停止。 Hold a candle to the devil 助纣为虐,为虎作伥。 Hold (oneself) aloof 不接近别人,清高,超然。 Hold [keep] at arm's length 冷淡待人。 Hold back 1. 踌躇,退缩不前。 2. 阻止;抑制,压住;扣住 (from), 保守秘密,隐瞒。 Hold by 赞成(主张);坚持(目的、见解等)。 Hold (sb.) captive 俘掳,拘捕。 Hold cheap 瞧不起,不重视。 Hold dear 看重,珍视。 Hold demonstration against 举行游行示威反对。 Hold down 1. 垂下。 2. 压制;牵制;阻止,忍耐;压低(物价等);缩减。 3. 〔美口〕维持,保有;保持(职位)。 Hold everything [it] 〔美口〕停止,等一下。 Hold fast [to] 坚持。 Hold for 适用,适于。 Holdforth 1. 提出;提供;发表(意见)。 2. 〔蔑称〕滔滔不绝地演说。 Hold from doing sth. 忍住不作某事。 Hold good [true] (for) 有效;适用;有理。 Hold hard! 〔用于命令式〕停止! 别忙!等一等! Hold in 抑制;忍住。 Hold in abhorrence [abomination] 厌恶,痛恨。 Hold in balance 使不稳定,使悬而不决。 Hold … in esteem [honour, regard, respect] 尊重,尊敬。 Hold in memory 记住。 Hold in one's temper 忍气吞声。 Hold … in place [position] 使…保持固定位置。 Hold [keep] in play 使劳动,使有事做。 Holdin pledge 抵押。 Hold in trust 保管。 Hold it good (to do) 以为(做…)是好的。 Hold off 1. 使离开,使不接近。 2. 抵抗(进攻等)。 3. 延缓,拖延 (The rain still holds off. 雨还下不来)。 Hold on 1. 拉住,抓牢。 2. 继续;坚持下去。 3. (打电话时)不挂断;〔口语〕等一等,停住。 4. (交易中)杀价钱。 5. (暴风)吹个不停。 Hold on like grim death 死不松手。 Hold on one's way 不顾干扰地继续前进。 Hold on to 盘据,赖着不走。 Hold (one's) fire 不表示态度。 Hold one's ground [own] 固守阵地,一步不退,坚持。 Hold one's hand [hands] 谨慎,留余地。 Hold one's hand high 骄傲。 Hold one's horses 〔美国〕停止,等待 (hold your horses 不要忙)。 Hold one's noise [peace, tongue] 保持沉默。 Hold one's nose 用手掩鼻。 Hold out 1. 伸出;提出,主张。 2. 制止,阻止。 3. 支持,维持。 4. 不退让,坚持到底。 5. 〔美俚〕保留一部份分赃时被隐匿的钱。 Hold out against 经受得住,顶得住。 Hold out on sb. 不让某人了解情况,隐瞒。 Hold over 1. 将…延迟。 2. 保存。 3. 期满后继续任职;期满后继续占有。 4. 加以(恐吓)。 5. 胜过,优于。 Hold power over 有支配…的权利。 Hold sb. Responsible for 使某人对…负责。 Hold strike against 举行罢工反对。 Hold talks with 同…举行会谈。 Hold the bag 受害〔详见 bag 条〕。 Hold the fort 1. 固守堡垒,打退敌人的进攻。 2. 毫不示弱。 3. 继续干活。 Hold the rein 掌权;执政;支配。 Hold the stage 1. 继续活跃在舞台上。 2. 引起观众注意。 Hold to 赞成,坚持。 Hold together (使)团结在一起,(使)结合在一起。 Hold true 适用。 Hold up 1. 举起;展示;举出(做榜样),揭露出(给人嘲笑)。 2. 〔口语〕阻止,使停滞,使停顿;〔命令〕停止! 3. 〔美国〕拦劫。 4. 支持住;持久;忍住。 5. 【打猎】放慢步子。 6. (晴天)继续,〔美国〕(雨)停。 Hold up one's hands 举起双手表示不抵抗,投降。 Hold up one's head 抬着头,打起精神。 Hold up the work 停工。 Hold water 1. (容器)不漏水。 2. (论点)站得住脚,说得有理有据。 3. (欲停船时)制住桨。 Hold with 赞成,同意;和…抱同一意见。n.1.握住;掌握;保持。2.支撑点,可攀[踏]的东西;线索,端绪。3.威力,势力;理解力。4.容器。5.监禁,监牢;城砦;避难所。6.【物理学】同期,同步。7.【音乐】延长号,延音。8.(拳击、摔跤等中的)擒拿法。9.保留,预约;关于延迟的通知。10.〔美国〕(飞弹的)延迟倒数,延期发射。短语和例子(be) in holds 揪着,扭着。 Catch [claw, get, lay, seize, take] hold of 抓住,掌握。 Have a hold on [over] 对…有把握[支配力,威力,作用]。 Get [have] hold of the wrong end of the stick 完全误解。 Keep hold of [on] 握紧。 Lay hold of [on] 到手,得到;掌握。 Let go [leave, lose] hold of sth. 放松手,放弃。 Maintain [relax] its hold over … 抓牢[放松]对…的控制。 No holds barred 〔口语〕没有清规戒律的约束。 Put a holdon 预约 (put a hold on a library book 向图书馆预约借一本书)。n.【造船】货舱,底层舱。 hold capacity 货舱容量。 break out the hold 开始卸货。 stow the hold 装舱。&&&&解除搁置&&&&坚持; 支持&&&&持入; 控制住(感情),抑制住; 抑制(情绪等),控制住; 约束, 抑制; 约束,抑制; 约束,抑制&&&&慢点,慢点(准备插话); 且慢; 用来表达&&&&(打电话时) 等着,别挂断; (口语)等一等;(打电话时)不挂断; (打电话时)不挂断;等等;停住; (打电话时)等一等; (打电话时用语)请等一下,不要挂 ...&&&&继续; 坚持,保持; 紧紧抓住,坚持; 紧紧抓赚坚持; 紧紧抓赚握住不放; 紧紧抓谆控制,克制; 拉住; 抓住不放; 抓赚抓牢; 抓谆不放;不卖掉; 抓谆执 ...&&&&论据1&&&&不放弃; 坚持(观点,看法等); 坚持, 紧握; 坚持;遵循; 坚持某个看法(路线),紧紧地抓住; 忠于……,坚持,遵循; 遵守&&&&同意,赞成;原谅; 赞同, 容忍; 造成,同意&&&&保持同步; 同步&&&&不动&&&&把持住的(指有问题的); 等候接听; 等着; 挂起; 尚未办理的事情&&&&别挂电话; 别挂上电话; 稍候勿挂断&&&&能持续吗&&&&呼叫保持&&&&控制专感情等)&&&&抓住握住&&&&别挂机;请稍候; 请稍候&&&&紧紧握住&&&&抱肚子&&&&后货舱&&&&后货舱&&&&告警自保&&&&隔舱装载&&&&中成功&&&&霍尔茨韦贝尔
例句与用法Ted holds a party for his friends .特德为他的朋友们举行了一次聚会。Her eyes held a look of silent appeal .她眼中流露着无声的求助神情。On what tenure does he hold the house .他占用这所房子凭着什么条件?He was held prisoner throughout the war .他在战争期间一直被囚禁着。Do you hold with nudity on the stage ?你赞成在舞台上作裸体表演吗?You have held onto your build better .你的身体保养得算是比较好的。His disability prevents him from holding a job .他的伤残妨碍他就业。The tennessee state police are holding him .田纳西州警察局拘留了他。Maria can hold the horses by herself .玛丽娅独自就可以看住那些马。I wanted to squirm, but i held still .我想动一动,但是我却一动没动。更多例句:&&1&&&&&&&&&&
英文解释 "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"同义词:, , , , , , the space in a ship or aircraft for storing cargo同义词:, , , , the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in ord "he grabbed the hammer by the handle"; "it was an old briefcase but it still had a good grip"同义词:, , , a cell in a jail or prison同义词:, a strongholdpower by which something or someone is a "he has a hold over them"understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or ma "he has a good grasp of accounting practices"同义词:, , a state of being confined (usually for a short time); "his detention was politically motivated"; "the prisoner is on hold"; "he is in the custody of police"同义词:, , , time during which so "instant replay caused too long a delay"; "he ordered a hold in the action"同义词:, , , , keep from e "hold your breath" "I hold to these ideas" "Rousseau''s philosophy holds that people are inherently good"keep in mind or convey as
"take for granted"; "view as important"; "hold these truths to be self-evident"; "I hold him personally responsible"同义词:, , , h "The soprano held the audience"; "This story held our interest"; "She can hold an audience spellbound" "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can''t agree with you!"; "I hold with those who say life is sacred"; "Both philosophers concord on this point"同义词:, , ,
"She was declared incompetent"; "judge held that the defendant was innocent"同义词:, , b
"He''s held by a contract"; "I''ll hold you by your promise"同义词:, , , protect against a "Hold that position behind the trees!"; "Hold the bridge against the enemy''s attacks"同义词:, , aim, point, "Hold the fire extinguisher directly on the flames"drink alcohol without "He can hold his liquor"; "he had drunk more than he could carry"同义词:, have or hold in one'' "Hold this bowl for a moment, please"; "A crazy idea took hold of him"同义词:, be the "The beam holds up the roof"; "He supported me with one hand while I balanced on the beam"; "What''s holding that mirror?"同义词:, , , to close within bounds, limit or hol "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom"同义词:, , cover as for protection ag "She held her ears when the jackhammer started to operate"; "hold one''s nose"support or hold "She holds her head high"; "He carried himself upright"同义词:, , organize o "hold a reception"; "have, throw, or make a party"; "give a course"同义词:, , , , maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings); "bear a grudge"; "entertain interesting notions"; "harbor a resentment"同义词:, , , ,
"Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"同义词:, , have or possess, either in a concrete
"She has $1,000 in the bank"; "He has got two beautiful daughters"; "She holds a Master''s degree from Harvard"同义词:, , secure and keep for possible futur "The landlord retained the security deposit"; "I reserve the right to disagree"同义词:, , ,
of rights, titles, "She bears the title of Duchess"; "He held the governorship for almost a decade"同义词:, take and maintain control over, of "The dissatisfied students held the President''s office for almost a week" "Hold the taxi"; "Hold the horse"arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim''s"同义词:, , les hold o "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"同义词:, , , , , ,
"hold all calls to the President''s office while he is in a meeting"be valid, applicable, "This theory still holds"同义词:, , be pertinent or re "The same laws apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"同义词:, , keep in a certain state, position, e.g., "keep clean"; "hold in place"; "She always held herself as a lady"; "The students keep me on my toes"同义词:, , remain in a certain state, position, "The weather held"; "They held on the road and kept marching" "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"同义词:, , , be capable of h "This box won''t take all the items"; "The flask holds one gallon"同义词:, , resist or conf "The politician defied public opinion"; "The new material withstands even the greatest wear and tear"; "The bridge held"同义词:, , ,
h "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; "The theater admits 300 people"; "The auditorium can''t hold more than 500 people"同义词:, , have as a
"The novel holds many surprises"; "The book holds in store much valuable advise"
百科解释In E. coli and other bacteria, holD is a gene that encodes the psi subunit of DNA polymerase III.详细百科解释
相邻词汇热门词汇
hold的中文翻译,hold是什么意思,怎么用汉语翻译hold,hold的中文意思,,,发音,例句,用法和解释由查查在线词典提供,版权所有违者必究。
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Copyright &
(京ICP备号)
All rights reserved扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
hold是什么意思啊?
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
这是一句 网络红语 “hold住”就是指面对各种状况都要保持住、坚持住,充满自信,从容应对一切.“要hold住”也有给力、加油的意思.是现在网络红语 源之于日的《大学生了没》中,一位名叫miss lin的网友以夸张另类的造型、一口做作的英语、扭捏妖娆的姿态向大学生们介绍什么是Fashion.其极度夸张搞笑的表演震撼了所有观众,miss lin的口头禅是“整个场面我要Hold住”.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
您好! hold有多重意思 必须看句子 才能知道是什么意思
其中 hold 的意思是: 举行 持有 保持 举办 保存 认为 持 容纳 保留 拥有
扫描下载二维码vt. 持有;拥有;保存;拘留;约束或控制
vi. 支持;有效;持续
n. 控制;保留
n. (Hold)人名;(英、德、捷)霍尔德
又作“Hold住”使用,中英混用词汇,表示轻松掌控全局。
[ 过去式 held 过去分词 held或holden 现在分词 holding ]
射频识别 ... 数据1(Data1) 保持(Hold) 接地(GND ...
基于799个网页-
中文:中继成功;英语:Hold;日语:ホールド;韩语:??;
基于613个网页-
物流行业术语的英文翻译1 ... Hire statement 租金单 Hold 船舱 Home port 船籍港 ...
基于451个网页-
好事不可能让你连着沾,下一届(Term)世界杯在百家乐试玩举行(Hold),东道主夺冠实在是天经地意,所以本届世界杯只能(Only)是一个牺牲品,所以五星百家乐试玩再强也得给你整下去,所以全世界的巴迷...
基于444个网页-
经得起考验的
合乎逻辑的
坚持某个看法
占领有利位置
因某事对某人抱有意见
更多收起网络短语
- 引用次数:70
As an integral part of corporate shareholding system, the fact that limited liability companies hold their own shares is an important system in the company law.
作为公司持股制度组成部分之一,有限责任公司持有本公司股权是公司法上的一项重要制度。
参考来源 -
(数据传输出后)记忆装置仍保持(数据)
保持,保存
(发音器官保持发音位置的)持续(时间)
延长(音符或休止),继续演奏(或演唱)(某音符)
继续演唱(或演奏):
- 引用次数:12
参考来源 -
&2,447,543篇论文数据,部分数据来源于
the act of grasping
&she kept a firm hold on the railing&
understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something
power by which something or someone is affected or dominated
&he has a hold over them&
time during which some action is awaited
&he ordered a hold in the action&
a state of being confined (usually for a short time)
&the prisoner is on hold&
a stronghold
a cell in a jail or prison
the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it
the space in a ship or aircraft for storing cargo
organize or be responsible for
&hold a reception&
keep in a certain state, position, e.g.,
&hold in place&
have or hold in one's hands or grip
&A crazy idea took hold of him&
to close within bounds, limit or hold back from movement
&This holds the local until the express passengers change trains&
of rights, titles, and offices
have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense
&She holds a Master's degree from Harvard&
keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view
&hold these truths to be self-evident&; & I hold him personally responsible&
have within
&The canteen holds fresh water&
les hold or keep within limits
&hold your tongue&; & hold your temper&
remain in a certain state, position, or condition
maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
assert or affirm
&Rousseau's philosophy holds that people are inherently good&
remain committed to
&I hold to these ideas&
secure and keep for possible future use or application
be the carry the weight of
&The beam holds up the roof&; & What's holding that mirror?&
hold the attention of
&She can hold an audience spellbound&
keep from exhaling or expelling
&hold your breath&
support or hold in a certain manner
&She holds her head high&
hold without crowding
&The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people&
be capable of holding or containing
&The flask holds one gallon&
be valid, applicable, or true
&This theory still holds&
take and maintain control over, often by violent means
protect against a challenge or attack
declare to be
have as a major characteristic
&The novel holds many surprises&; & The book holds in store much valuable advise&
cause to stop
b cause to be indebted
&I'll hold you by your promise&
cover as for protection against noise or smell
&hold one's nose&
drink alcohol without showing ill effects
&He can hold his liquor&
be pertinent or relevant or applicable
&This theory holds for all irrational numbers&
arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
&please hold a table at Maxim's&
resist or confront with resistance
keep from departing
stop dealing with
&hold all calls to the President's office while he is in a meeting&
aim, point, or direct
be in agreement
&I hold with those who say life is sacred&
以上来源于:
拿住,握住,抓住:
He always holds a pipe between the teeth.
他嘴里总叼着烟斗。
to hold someone by the collar
抓住某人的衣领
留下,保留;保存:
You may hold your opinion, but you have to obey orders.
你可以保留你的意见,可你必须执行命令。
to hold a barrel of red wine
存了一桶红葡萄酒
(用手、手臂等)抱住,夹住;托住,固定住;支承:
He held her tightly in his embrace.
他把她紧紧抱在怀里。
Elyot held a thick book under his arm.
埃利奥特臂下夹着一本厚书。
the pit held by pillars
柱子支承的坑道
使保持某种状态(或某种关系):
Hold your eyes open, don't let anyone go in or out.
睁大眼睛盯在这儿,别让任何人出入。
to hold the course
扣留,扣押;拘留:
His property was temporally held by the police.
他的财产被警方暂时扣押起来了。
He was held for overspeed driving.
他因超速驾驶而遭拘留。
[hold oneself](在行为举止上)表现:
You should hold yourself well before the new manager.
在新经理面前,你得表现得好一点儿。
She sang and held herself as a singing star.
她一边唱着一边模仿着歌星的动作。
举行,召开,主持(会议、会谈、仪式等);进行(调查、讨论等);庆祝(节日):
The foreign minister will hold a reception at 7∶30 p.m. this evening.
今晚7∶30外交部长将举行招待会。
The government would hold an investigation on the charge.
政府将对该项指控进行调查。
to hold All Fools' Day
使受…的制约,使遵守(与to连用):
I will hold me to my word.
我一定会遵守诺言的。
to hold someone to his responsibility
使某人承担责任
制止,止住;约束,控制:
to hold one's breath
屏息,倒抽一口凉气
You'd better hold your drink well.
你还是少喝点儿吧。
推迟,延迟;移后投递(信件等):
Inform the commander of PA 307 to hold the plane taking off.
通知PA 307机长推迟该机起飞时间。
容纳,装得下:
A new stadium, which could hold a hundred thousand people, was planned to set up.
计划要修建一座能容纳十万人的新体育场。
How many people will your jeep still hold ?
你的吉普里还能再塞几个人?
准备着,贮藏着;包含:
That street holds another restaurant.
那条街里还有一家餐馆。
The future may hold many difficulties for you.
在你面前还有许多困难在等待着你去克服。
占据,坚守;吸引(注意等):
Aggressor troops held the capital of the country.
侵略军占据了该国的首都。
to tightly hold the attention of the audience
紧紧抓住观众的心
拥有,持有,握有;获得,被授予(毕业证书等):
She holds a large integrated complex spread everywhere in the world.
她拥有遍布世界各地庞大的联合企业。
to hold the rights to do (something)
拥有做(某事)的权力
The record he holds has not been broken so far.
他保持的记录至今还没有人打破。
占据,担任:
Now he holds the office of Foreign Minister.
他现在担任外交部长职务。
to hold power
怀有(信念、见解等):
He holds right this belief.
他就持有这种信念。
I held the belief that we would fall on our feet.
我相信我们会转危为安的。
想,认为;相信;记住:
I hold it my duty to remind you.
我认为我有责任提醒你。
You must hold all what I said in your head.
你必须记住我所说的一切。
维持,满足…的需要:
Don't leave the house unless I phone you. There's enough food in the freezer, which holds you for a whole day.
没有我的电话别离开房间,冰箱里有够你一整天吃的食品。
使用(侮辱的语言等)
[hold oneself]使(自己)打起精神:
He let me hold myself, not to lose confidence of future.
他让我振作起来,不要对未来失去信心。
把(枪等)对准,使对准(与on连用):
She held a gun on him and told him to get out.
她用枪指着他,让他滚蛋。
用契约(或合同等)约束
【音乐】延长(音符或休止),继续演奏(或演唱)(某音符)
【计算机】(数据传输出后)记忆装置仍保持(数据)
拿住,握住;抓住不放手:
She held tight at my hands with pale face.
她面色苍白紧紧抓住我的双手。
同意,赞成,(与…)持相同意见(与with连用):
Put your hand up if you hold.
同意的请举手。
to hold with the policy of disarmament
赞成裁军的方针
保持某种状态(或关系等):
She let us hold still on our seats.
她让我们坐着别动。
The rainy weather would hold for a week.
这种阴雨天气将持续一周时间。
持久,耐久;支持得住,顶住:
It is verified that the friendship between our two countries has held fast and will.
事实证明我们两国之间的友谊是坚不可摧的,而且这种友谊还将继续保持下去。
That bridge won't hold long.
那座桥很快就要坍塌了。
保持信念(或立场等):
You must hold to your promise.
你得坚守你的诺言。
继续进行;【音乐】继续演唱(或演奏):
We held on the sea for about ten days, then we saw an island.
我们在海上继续航行了约十天,最后终于看见了一座岛屿。
享有(或获得)所有权,保有权力(常与from, of 连用):
to hold of an appeal
有权上诉,保有上诉的权力
(法律等)有效,适用:
I don't think the rule holds in traffic court.
我认为该项法令不能适用于交通法院。
The agreement does not hold to us.
这个协议对我们来说无效了。
克制(或抑制)自己
(在行动举止上)表现:
He kept his seat holding silent.
他一直坐在那里一言不发。
(导弹、火箭发射时倒数的)延迟,(发射前准备)暂停,(倒数的)中断
[常用于命令句]停止
【计算机】保持,保存
[美国俚语]
有毒品出售
拿,握;抓
供手攀(或脚踏)的东西;(物体供抓握的)把,柄;支撑点,支撑物,固定物
控制,掌握,约束;控制力,把握力
盛放东西的器具,容器
保留,预约;中断,暂停;保留(某物的)通知;暂停(或中断)的通知
(导弹发射时的)延迟倒数
(人、动物等的)栖身处;藏匿处,躲避处
线索,头绪
监牢;[古语]关押,监禁
(一段舞蹈完毕时的)亮相
[美国英语](电话接通后的)不挂断,守候对方接电话
[美国英语]耽误,拖延;悬而未决
【音乐】延长记号
【航空学】待机命令
【语音学】(发音器官保持发音位置的)持续(时间)
[古语]堡垒,要塞
[废语]保卫
(be)in holds
扭着,拉扯着
catch(或claw)hold of
抓住,握住,夹住
掌握,控制
get hold of
得到,获得;找到,找到…与之联系(或接触)
=catch hold of
get(或have)hold of the wrong end of the stick
have a hold on (或over)
有…的控制力(或权力、威力);掌握了…的要点
hold a candle to
hold aloof
避免与别人交往,保持孤高
不参加,不介入
Hold everything(或it)!
停止!慢着!
[口语]别忙,等一等
hold in derision
嘲弄,讥笑
hold in leash
束缚,控制住;抑制
hold loose
表情冷淡,漠然置之
hold no fears (或terrors) for
吓不倒,不能使…感到惊恐
loose (one's) hold of (或on, over)
松手,放弃;失去对…的控制(或理解能力)
待机;等候对方接电话
悬着;耽误着;拖延着
(暂时)保留
take a (firm) hold on oneself
克制自己,冷静下来
take hold of (或on)
握住,抓住,控制住
with out holds barred
取消约束地,不受限制地
【航海学】船舱;底舱
【航空学】货舱
break out (或stow) the hold
开始卸(或装)货
更多收起结果
以上来源于:《21世纪大英汉词典》
PHYSICALLY TOUCHING, SUPPORTING, OR CONTAINING
When you hold something, you carry or support it, using your hands or your arms. 拿着; 托住
Hold the knife at an angle.
斜握着刀。
Hold is also a noun. 拿; 托住
He released his hold on the camera.
他松开了握着照相机的手。
Hold is used in expressions such as grab hold of, catch hold of, and get hold of, to indicate that you close your hand tightly around something, for example to stop something moving or falling. 抓住
I was woken up by someone grabbing hold of my sleeping bag.
有人抓住我的睡袋把我弄醒了。
A doctor and a nurse caught hold of his arms.
一名医生和一名护士抓住了他的双臂。
When you hold someone, you put your arms around them, usually because you want to show them how much you like them or because you want to comfort them. (常因想表示喜爱和安慰而) 抱住
If only he would hold her close to him.
他要是紧紧抱住她就好了。
If you hold someone in a particular position, you use force to keep them in that position and stop them from moving. 按住; 使不动
He then held the man in an armlock until police arrived.
然后他反扭手臂将那人按住,直到警察赶来。
A hold is a particular way of keeping someone in a position using your own hands, arms, or legs. 按住 (使某人不得动弹)
The man wrestled the Indian to the ground, locked in a hold he couldn't escape.
那人把印第安人摔倒在地,并将他死死按住,使他无法逃脱。
When you hold a part of your body, you put your hand on or against it, often because it hurts. (常指因疼痛而) 捂住
Soon she was crying bitterly about the pain and was holding her throat.
不一会儿她就疼得捂着喉咙哭了。
When you hold a part of your body in a particular position, you put it into that position and keep it there. 使 (自己身体某部位) 保持某种姿势
Hold your hands in front of your face.
把双手放在面前。
If one thing holds another in a particular position, it keeps it in that position. 使…保持 (在某位置) 不动
...the wooden wedge which held the heavy door open.
…卡住沉重的门使之洞开着的木楔。
If one thing is used to hold another, it is used to store it. 存放
Two knife racks hold her favourite knives.
两个刀架上放着她最喜爱的刀。
In a ship or aeroplane, a hold is a place where cargo or luggage is stored. (船、飞机等的) 货舱
A fire had been reported in the cargo hold.
据报告货舱失火了。
If a place holds something, it keeps it available for reference or for future use. 储备; 储存
The Better Business Bureau holds an enormous amount of information on any business problem.
商业信用局存储着有关任何商务问题的大量信息。
If something holds a particular amount of something, it can contain that amount. 容纳得下
One CD-ROM disk can hold over 100,000 pages of text.
一张CD光盘能容纳10万多页的文字资料。
HAVING OR DOING
Hold is used with words and expressions indicating an opinion or belief, to show that someone has a particular opinion or believes that something is true. 持有 (观点或信念等)
He held firm opinions which usually conflicted with my own.
他持有坚定的观点,通常都与我的观点相左。
Current thinking holds that obesity is more a medical than a psychological problem.
现代观点认为肥胖更多是生理问题而不是心理问题。
Hold is used with words such as "fear" or "mystery" to indicate someone's feelings toward something, as if those feelings were a characteristic of the thing itself. 有 (可怕、神秘的) 特质
[no passive]
Death doesn't hold any fear for me.
死亡对我来说没什么可怕的。
Hold is used with nouns such as "office," "power," and "responsibility" to indicate that someone has a particular position of power or authority. 担任 (职务); 掌握 (权力); 承担 (责任)
She has never held an elected office.
她从未担任过由选举产生的职务。
Hold is used with nouns such as "permit," "degree," or "ticket" to indicate that someone has a particular document that allows them to do something. 持有 (许可证、学位证、票据等)
Applicants should normally hold a good degree.
申请人通常应拥有优秀学位。
He did not hold a firearms licence.
他没有持枪许可证。
Hold is used with nouns such as "party," "meeting," "talks," "election," and "trial" to indicate that people are organizing a particular activity. 举行 (聚会、会议、会谈、选举和审判等)
The country will hold democratic elections within a year.
该国将在一年之内举行民主选举。
They also called for the holding of multi-party general elections.
他们还呼吁举行多党大选。
Hold is used with nouns such as "conversation," "interview," and "talks" to indicate that two or more people meet and discuss something. 进行 (谈话、访谈等)
The prime minister is holding consultations with his colleagues to finalize the deal.
首相正和他的同僚进行磋商,以最终敲定这项协议。
The engineer and his son held frequent meetings concerning technical problems.
工程师和他的儿子经常就技术问题进行讨论。
Hold is used with nouns such as "shares" and "stock" to indicate that someone owns a particular proportion of a business. 拥有 (股份、股票等)
The group said it continues to hold 1,774,687 shares in the company.
该集团说他们继续持有这家公司1774687股的股份。
Hold is used with nouns such as "attention" or "interest" to indicate that what you do or say keeps someone interested or listening to you. 吸引住 (注意力); 保持 (兴趣)
If you want to hold someone's attention, look them directly in the eye but don't stare.
如果你想吸引别人的注意力,就看着他们的眼睛,但不要死盯着看。
If you hold someone responsible, liable, or accountable for something, you will blame them if anything goes wrong. 让 (某人承担责任)
It's impossible to hold any individual responsible.
不可能让任何个人承担责任。
CONTROLLING OR REMAINING
If someone holds you in a place, they keep you there as a prisoner and do not allow you to leave. 扣留
The inside of a van was as good a place as any to hold a kidnap victim.
厢式小型货车里面像其他地方一样是扣押被绑架者的好地方。
Somebody is holding your wife hostage.
有人在扣留你的妻子当人质。
If people such as an army or a violent crowd hold a place, they control it by using force. 占据
Demonstrators have been holding the square since Sunday.
自星期天以来,示威者们一直占据着广场。
If you have a hold over someone, you have power or control over them, for example because you know something about them you can use to threaten them or because you are in a position of authority. 对…有控制的力量
He had ordered his officers to keep an exceptionally firm hold over their men.
他已经命令军官们要对他们的下属保持极为严格的控制。
If you ask someone to hold, or to hold the line, when you are answering a telephone call, you are asking them to wait for a short time, for example so that you can find the person they want to speak to. (打电话时) 不挂断
[no passive]
Could you hold the line and I'll just get my pen.
请别挂断,我去拿支笔,好吗?
If you hold telephone calls for someone, you do not allow people who phone to speak to that person, but take messages instead. 代接 (电话) 并留言
He tells his secretary to hold his calls.
他让他的秘书代接电话。
If something holds at a particular value or level, or is held there, it is kept at that value or level. 保持在 (在一定数值或水平)
OPEC production is holding at around 21.5 million barrels a day.
石油输出国组织的石油产量目前保持在每天两千一百五十万桶左右。
If you hold a sound or musical note, you continue making it. 持续发出 (声音或音符)
...a voice which hit and held every note with perfect ease and clarity.
…非常轻松而清晰地唱出每个音符的歌喉。
If you hold something such as a train or a lift, you delay it. 延迟; 推迟
A spokesman defended the decision to hold the train until police arrived.
一位发言人为延迟火车发车直到警察到来的决定作了辩解。
If an offer or invitation still holds, it is still available for you to accept. (报价或邀请等) 有效
Does your offer still hold?
你的报价仍然有效吗?
If a good situation holds, it continues and does not get worse or fail. (好的状态) 保持不变
Our luck couldn't hold forever.
我们的好运不可能永远保持不变。
If an argument or theory holds, it is true or valid, even after close examination. (论点、理论等) 站得住脚
Today, most people think that argument no longer holds.
今天,大多数人认为这个论点不再站得住脚。
PHRASAL VERB
Hold up means the same as hold. 站得住脚
Democrats say arguments against the bill won't hold up.
民主党人说,反对这项议案的论点站不住脚。
If part of a structure holds, it does not fall or break although there is a lot of force or pressure on it. (在重压下) 支撑住
How long would the roof hold?
这屋顶还能支撑多久?
If laws or rules hold, they exist and remain in force. (法规等) 有效
These laws also hold for universities.
这些法律同样适用于大学。
If you hold to a promise or to high standards of behaviour, you keep that promise or continue to behave according to those standards. 遵守 (诺言或高尚的行为准则)
Will the president be able to hold to this commitment?
总统能恪守这一承诺吗?
If someone or something holds you to a promise or to high standards of behaviour, they make you keep that promise or those standards. 使…恪守 (诺言或高尚的行为准则)
"I won't make you marry him." — "I'll hold you to that."
“我不会让你嫁给他的。” — “我要你保证说话算话。”
If you hold forth on a subject, you speak confidently and for a long time about it, especially to a group of people. (尤指当众) 滔滔不绝地说
Barry was holding forth on something.
巴里正滔滔不绝地说着什么。
If you get hold of an object or information, you obtain it, usually after some difficulty. (通常指克服困难后) 获得
It is hard to get hold of guns in this country.
在这个国家很难弄到枪。
If you get hold of someone, you manage to contact them. 设法与…联络
The only electrician we could get hold of was miles away.
我们惟一能够联络上的电工在几英里之外。
CONVENTION
If you say "Hold it," you are telling someone to stop what they are doing and to wait. 停下
Hold it! Don't move!
停下!别动!
If you put something on hold, you decide not to do it, deal with it, or change it now, but to leave it until later. 推迟
He put his retirement on hold to work 16 hours a day, seven days a week to find a solution.
为了找到一个解决方案,他推迟了退休,每周工作7天,每天工作16小时。
If you hold your own, you are able to resist someone who is attacking or opposing you. (面对攻击或反对等) 顶住
The Frenchman held his own against the challenger.
那个法国人顶住了挑战者的攻击。
If you can do something well enough to hold your own, you do not appear foolish when you are compared with someone who is generally thought to be very good at it. 与…相匹敌
She can hold her own against almost any player.
她几乎能与所有选手相匹敌。
If you hold still, you do not move. 不动
Can't you hold still for a second?
你一秒钟不动都不行?
If something takes hold, it gains complete control or influence over a person or thing. 完全控制 (某人或某物)
She felt a strange excitement taking hold of her.
她感到一种奇怪的兴奋感控制住了自己。
If you hold tight, you put your hand around or against something in order to prevent yourself from falling over. A bus driver might say "Hold tight!" to you if you are standing on a bus when it is about to move. 抓牢
He held tight to the rope.
他紧紧抓住绳子。
If you hold tight, you do not immediately start a course of action that you have been planning or thinking about. 不轻易行动
The advice for individual investors is to hold tight.
给个人投资者的建议是不要轻举妄动。
to hold something at bay
to hold something in check
to hold fast
to hold the fort
to hold your ground
to hold someone for ransom
to hold sway
不挂断电话,等一下;继续
暂停;尚未办理的事情;等候接听;把持住的(指有问题的)
把握;抓住;得到
抓住;扛着;固定下来
抑制;约束
仍然有效;适用
举起;阻挡;拦截
抓住...不放
隐瞒;退缩;抑制;阻止
坚持;伸出;提供;维持;抵制;主张;[美口]扣留
请别挂上(电话中)
抑制;压制;保有
v. 紧紧抓住
保温时间是…;适用
紧紧抓住,抓住不放;保持住
不能与…相比
v. 赞同;容忍
适用;有效
更多收起词组短语
vt. 持有;拥有;保存;拘留;约束或控制
vi. 支持;有效;持续
n. 控制;保留
持有人;所有人;固定器;(台、架等)支持物
举办;支持
召开;担任(hold的ing形式);握住
hold, contain, involve, embrace, comprise, comprehend, include
这组词都有“包括,包含”的意思,其区别是:
常和contain换用。指能够容纳或有足够的容纳量。强调包容能力。
普通用词,所涉及的物体常常是其组成部分或内容。强调包容关系。既可指具体有形的东西,也可指抽象无形的东西。
把包含因整体的性质决定的成分或结果。所包括的往往是无形的,不可触知的东西,多用作引申。
正式用词,指把某事物纳入整个之中。
书面用词,暗指一个整体包括不同部分所组成,可与include交换使用。
正工用词,指包含在整体范围以内。
普通用词,指一整体包含着各独立的部分,也指某东西包含另一东西的某一部分。
以上来源于
have, hold, possess, own, enjoy, keep
这组词都有“有,具有,持有”的意思,其区别是:
最常用词,可指任何情况下的具有,无论是物质的或精神的。
指拥有并保持财产及持有见解等,暗示不让别人拿走或占有。
较正式,指拥有或占有并能加以控制与支配,强调其归属;也指具有某种品质、才能、特点或性能等。
不及本组的possess正式,多指所属关系,强调所有权,不管所属物是否在物主手中。
指享有某种权利或长处,带有欣赏或喜爱的情感。
指长时间地保有,保存某物,防止别人占去,强调安全和感情上的依附。
以上来源于
I should hold on to these photos.
我得把这些照片保留起来。
He had no one to hold on to then.
那时他谁也指望不上了,只有靠他自己。
You may hold your opinion, but you have to obey orders.
你可以保留你的意见,可你必须执行命令。
I want to turn loose my hold on everything, and go sailing down,down, just like one of those poor,tired leaves."
VOA: special.
Now the first law is going to hold in all of these steps, and we're going around in a cycle.
现在热力学第一定律,就蕴含在这所有的步骤里了,我们沿着这个循环走。
The only fingers with which he'll be able to hold his pen and write this poem are his forced fingers rude.
他能用来执笔写诗的手指,是他粗鲁的手指。
Floating sensors hold the oxygen to between 2.0 and 2.5 parts per million of water.
We must implement strong laws that hold exploiters accountable and provide protection to victims.
According to the agency, the same risk-benefit analysis does not hold true for restless-leg syndrome.
不挂断电话,等一下;继续
暂停;尚未办理的事情;等候接听;把持住的(指有问题的)
把握;抓住;得到
抓住;扛着;固定下来
抑制;约束
仍然有效;适用
举起;阻挡;拦截
抓住...不放
隐瞒;退缩;抑制;阻止
坚持;伸出;提供;维持;抵制;主张;[美口]扣留
请别挂上(电话中)
抑制;压制;保有