I overlookedD FOR THE ST...

My first reaction was annoyance. It was Friday afternoon, and I was within an hour of finishing my work for the week. As I was leaving, a nurse brought me one more patient message. The statement read: "Mm. Jones called to say that she has had blurred vision (视觉模糊) ever since her medical test this morning." I smiled. Suddenly our tests were causing eye problems. This week my patients had questioned everything. My patient with high blood pressure had stopped coming to her treatment on the advice of an Internet chat room. A woman who had a mental problem was substituting (用......代替) St. John’s word for her medication. Now Mrs. Jones was imagining problems. I rolled my eyes. My second reaction was worry. As I looked through her record, I tried to figure out why she would have blurred vision, but nothing in her record explained the new problem. She’s probably just anxious, I thought. Still, she wouldn't have called if she had been all right. I picked up the phone. What I next felt can only be described as delight. Before I made the call, the nurse ran in: Mrs. Jones called. Her vision is fine. Turns out she picked up the wrong glasses when she left the office. The X-ray technician has been having the same problem. I let out a laugh. Mrs. Jones had been right. Her vision had been blurred. Now we know why.Finally I felt shame. I came to realize what Mrs. Jones had taught me. I had first known she was wrong, that her anxiety had clouded hex judgment. Instead, my medical training had clouded mine. Now I feel thankful that Mrs. Jones figured it out before I made a mistake about our relationship. Patients come to me for my help. They pay me to listen, diagnose (诊断), treat and talk. T I must remember that, and trust them too.61. The writer smiled while reading the patient message because he knew_____. A. Mrs. Jones would ask for more tests B. the patient was being unreasonable C. the nurse was joking with him D. Mrs. Jones would call him62. What has caused Mrs. Jones’ eye problem? A. Wrong glasses.
B. Medical checkup. C. Her own imagination. D. Chatting on the Internet.63. The underlined words "clouded her judgment" in the last paragraph probably mean_______. A. made her less trustful toward the doctor B. put her in control of her own feelings C. made her less able to think clearly D. put her in a dangerous situation - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:My first reaction was annoyance. It was Friday afternoon, and I was within an hour of finishing my work for the week. As I was leaving, a nurse brought me one more patient message. The statement read: "Mm. Jones called to say that she has had blurred vision (视觉模糊) ever since her medical test this morning." I smiled. Suddenly our tests were causing eye problems. This week my patients had questioned everything. My patient with high blood pressure had stopped coming to her treatment on the advice of an Internet chat room. A woman who had a mental problem was substituting (用......代替) St. John’s word for her medication. Now Mrs. Jones was imagining problems. I rolled my eyes. My second reaction was worry. As I looked through her record, I tried to figure out why she would have blurred vision, but nothing in her record explained the new problem. She’s probably just anxious, I thought. Still, she wouldn't have called if she had been all right. I picked up the phone. What I next felt can only be described as delight. Before I made the call, the nurse ran in: Mrs. Jones called. Her vision is fine. Turns out she picked up the wrong glasses when she left the office. The X-ray technician has been having the same problem. I let out a laugh. Mrs. Jones had been right. Her vision had been blurred. Now we know why.Finally I felt shame. I came to realize what Mrs. Jones had taught me. I had first known she was wrong, that her anxiety had clouded hex judgment. Instead, my medical training had clouded mine. Now I feel thankful that Mrs. Jones figured it out before I made a mistake about our relationship. Patients come to me for my help. They pay me to listen, diagnose (诊断), treat and talk. T I must remember that, and trust them too.61. The writer smiled while reading the patient message because he knew_____. A. Mrs. Jones would ask for more tests B. the patient was being unreasonable C. the nurse was joking with him D. Mrs. Jones would call him62. What has caused Mrs. Jones’ eye problem? A. Wrong glasses.
B. Medical checkup. C. Her own imagination. D. Chatting on the Internet.63. The underlined words "clouded her judgment" in the last paragraph probably mean_______. A. made her less trustful toward the doctor B. put her in control of her own feelings C. made her less able to think clearly D. put her in a dangerous situationMy first reaction was annoyance. It was Friday afternoon, and I was within an hour of finishing my work for the week. As I was leaving, a nurse brought me one more patient message. The statement read: "Mm. Jones called to say that she has had blurred vision (视觉模糊) ever since her medical test this morning." I smiled.& Suddenly our tests were causing eye problems. This week my patients had questioned everything. My patient with high blood pressure had stopped coming to her treatment on the advice of an Internet chat room. A woman who had a mental problem was substituting (用......代替) St. John’s word for her medication. Now Mrs. Jones was imagining problems. I rolled my eyes. My second reaction was worry. As I looked through her record, I tried to figure out why she would have blurred vision, but nothing in her record explained the new problem. She’s probably just anxious, I thought. Still, she wouldn't have called if she had been all right. I picked up the phone. What I next felt can only be described as delight. Before I made the call, the nurse ran in: Mrs. Jones called. Her vision is fine. Turns out she picked up the wrong glasses when she left the office. The X-ray technician has been having the same problem. I let out a laugh. Mrs. Jones had been right. Her vision had been blurred. Now we know why.Finally I felt shame. I came to realize what Mrs. Jones had taught me. I had first known she was wrong, that her anxiety had clouded hex judgment. Instead, my medical training had clouded mine. Now I feel thankful that Mrs. Jones figured it out before I made a mistake about our relationship. Patients come to me for my help. They pay me to listen, diagnose (诊断), treat and talk. T I must remember that, and trust them too.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&61. The writer smiled while reading the patient message because he knew_____. A. Mrs. Jones would ask for more tests B. the patient was being unreasonable C. the nurse was joking with him D. Mrs. Jones would call him62. What has caused Mrs. Jones’ eye problem?& A. Wrong glasses. &&&&&&& B. Medical checkup. C. Her own imagination.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Chatting on the Internet.63. The underlined words "clouded her judgment" in the last paragraph probably mean_______. A. made her less trustful toward the doctor B. put her in control of her own feelings C. made her less able to think clearly D. put her in a dangerous situation科目:难易度:最佳答案61---63&& BAC&&解析61.B 点评:细节理解题。在文章第二自然段中可知道病人们是在无理取闹,因此应该选B。62.A 点评:细节理解题。在文章第四自然段:“Turns out she pinked up the wrong glasses when she left the office.”这句中可知A为正确选项。63.C 点评:细节理解题。结合上下文。在文章最后一段第三行:“Now I feel thankful I made a mistake about our relationship.”可知C为最佳选项。知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心> 【答案带解析】After I made it to the city center, I st...
After I made it to the city center, I started to feel it might be easy for a foreigner to deal with the great size of Beijing. With growing confidence, I decided to take the subway to the hotel, not realizing that the network didn’t go that far. Impressed with the cleanliness of the station, I bought a ticket and boarded the first train that came along.After a few minutes I asked in English of course a young man seated next to me where I should get off closest to the Friendship Hotel. Wearing a smart business suit and tie, he would surely speak English, wouldn’t he? Unfortunately, he couldn’t understand me but seemed very friendly. I showed him the room card with all the information of the Friendship Hotel in Chinese characters. He looked at it, and then his eyes moved quickly to the carriage (车厢) subway map. Next, he raised three fingers of his right hand.In Australia, raising fingers at someone is not usually nice, but this man wasn’t smiling. At the next station he showed me two fingers. Now in Australia, that’s really rude, but I got the message. When we stopped at the third station, he didn’t just point to the door, but got up, took me out of the train, and led me to the top of the stairs, and out onto the street. Then he stopped a taxi and told the driver where to take me.All this came from a man who couldn’t speak my language, and I couldn’t speak his. I was now speechless, especially when he refused my offer of money. I felt a little embarrassed having even thought he would accept a tip.This experience made it clear I had to learn some Chinese quickly or my adventures might start turning into bad luck.1.The author decided to take the subway because ________.A.he lived near the city centerB.the network covered most of the stopsC.he believed in his ability to deal with the tripD.he had a good impression of its cleanliness2.Having been shown the room card, the young man_________.A.understood the author well B.still remained puzzledC.answered the author directlyD.pointed at the subway map3.Which of the following can’t be used to describe the young man?A.helpful
B.rudeC.warmhearted
D.caring4.The author’s purpose of writing this passage is mainly to ________.A.prove the importance of being carefulB.appreciate the kindness of the young manC.complain some cultural misunderstandingD.describe one of his adventurous experiences 
试题分析:本文主要讲述了作者在北京问路的事情。作者并不会讲中文,于是在地铁上他向一位年轻人问路,虽然这位年轻人不会说英语,但是却亲自送作者走出地铁站并为作者叫了辆计程车去目的地。
1.C 细节理解题。根据文章第一段的With growing confidence, I decided to take the subway...
考点分析:
考点1:日常生活类阅读
相关试题推荐
You may have noticed something different when you ate at your favorite restaurant. Or perhaps you picked up on it while looking through your social media apps (社交媒体软件) . You guessed it ---we’re becoming a foodie (吃货) culture.For some, that means photographing every dish, but others are taking it one step further. Sophia Hampton, a senior at Staples High School in US, chooses to make her own food. She has been published in Future Chefs, a cookbook of recipes (食谱) by teens.Hampton’s best advice for those who want to be foodies is to get in the kitchen.“Start cooking,” she said. “There are so many resources online, like recipes and articles about food. Go to your local farmers’ market and start cooking with them.Besides blogs and online resources, there are also hands-on cooking classes for students. The Chopping Block, a Chicago cooking school, offers many different classes for teens, including courses on chocolate and French food.By attending cooking classes, surfing online and going to restaurants, you can find endless recipes. But sometimes becoming a real foodie means being behind a camera. As our food-loving culture becomes more popular and teen-friendly, social media apps like Facebook, have become major players in food culture.“Getting involved in foodie culture is as easy as having a camera and a social media app,” one foodie said. “I always go to streets and farmers’ markets to take beautiful pictures of food. Wherever food prices are expensive, the photos are free.”1.What does Hampton advise those who want to be foodies to do?A.Post their recipes online. B.Cook food by themselves.C.Eat at their favorite restaurant.D.Take photos of every dish they eat.2.Where can students find new recipes, according to the article?①cooking classes
②online resources③new restaurant
④public librariesA.①②③
B.①③④C.②③④
D.①②④3.What has made foodie culture more popular, according to the article?A.People’s growing interest in traditional culture.B.The convenience of getting different food.C.The use of cameras and social media.D.The drop in food prices. 
The average British 22 year-old has more than 1,000 online friends on sites like Facebook, compared to those in their fifties who have fewer than 20, according to a new study.The “Facebook generation gap” has been highlighted in a new piece of research which shows that the average 22 year-old claims to have 1,000 or more friends on sites like Facebook.People in their twenties have more than 50 times as many digital friends as those who are over 50 years old, despite the popularity of sites like Facebook with the older generations, says a study conducted by consumer research group Intersperience.The news comes during the same week Facebook's second-in command, Sheryl Sandberg, is visiting the UK to deliver a speech at the London School of Economics.Facebook's chief operating officer is going to speak about how the social web has transformed people's friendships and relationships. The survey found that there was a clear link between people's age and the number of online friends they have.The researchers found that those aged 13 to 16, have an average of 450 friends on social networks, with girls having slightly more friends that boys.People in their thirties tend to have between 100 and 200 friends, while those in their forties have between 50 and 100.However, those using sites such as Facebook over the age of 50, tended to have 20 or less friends.The oldest person surveyed was 70 years old.Paul Hudson, Intersperience's chief executive, said: "Our research underlines fundamental (根本的)changes taking place in British society as a result of finally entering the digital age.Half of the UK population are on Facebook now.In a social media context, a 'friend' means something different to a 20 year old than to a 50 year old."He added: “Social networking activity is just one example of how different groups are adapting to the digital age at different paces.In this case, age is the determining factor - however in other instances it is not.”1.Which is the determining factor in social networking activity?A.Gender
B.AgeC.Relationship
D.Pace2.What can we learn from the survey?A.The older a person is, the less online friends he may haveB.Girls have remarkably more friends than boysC.People in their thirties tend to have between 50 and 100 friendsD.The link between people’s age and the number of online friends they have is not clear3.According to the passage, the following statements are True except
.A.The oldest people surveyed is 70B.Paul Hudson will deliver a speech at the London School of EconomicsC.Different groups are adapting to the digital age at different pacesD.Facebook is popular in UK now4.What’s the main idea of the passage?A.Social networking activityB.The digital ageC.“Facebook generation gap”—Facebook generation has more than 1,000 friendsD.Changes taking place in British society 
The most frightening words in the English language are, “Our computer is down.” You hear it more and more when you are on business. The other day I was at the airport waiting for a ticket to Washington and the girl in the ticket office said, “I’m sorry, I can’t sell you a ticket. Our computer is down.”“If your computer is down, just write me out a ticket.”“I can’t write you out a ticket. The computer is the only one allowed to do so.”I noticed every passenger was just standing there drinking coffee and staring at the black screen. Then I looked down on the computer and asked her, “What do all you people do?”“We give the computer the information about your trip, and then it tells us whether you can fly with us or not.”“So when it goes down, you go down with it.”“That’s good, sir.”“How long will the computer be down? I wanted to know.”“I have no idea. Sometimes it’s down for 10 minutes, sometimes for two hours. There’s no way we can find out without asking the computer, and since it’s down it won’t answer us.”After the girl told me they had no backup computer, I said. “Let’s forget the computer—What about your planes? They are still flying, aren’t they?”“I couldn’t tell without asking the computer.”“Maybe I could, just go to the gate and ask the pilot if he is flying to Washington,” I suggested.“I wouldn’t know what gate to send you to. Even if the pilot was going to Washington, he couldn’t take you if you didn’t have a ticket.”“Is there any other airline flying to Washington within the next few hours?”“I wouldn’t know,” she said, pointing at the dark screen. “Only ‘IT’ knows. It can’t tell me.”By this time there were quite a few people standing in lines. The words soon spread to other travelers that the computer was down. Some people went white, some people started to cry and still others kicked their luggage.1.Where do you often hear the frightening words “Our computer is down”?A.at the airport.
B.At the gate.C.On business
D.In the ticket office2.What could the girl in the ticket office do without asking the computer?A.She could do nothing.B.She could write out a ticket.C.She could still sell a ticket.D.She could answer passengers’ questions.3.What does the underlined word “down” in Paragraph 1 mean?A.White
B.BrokenC.Black
D.Dark4.We can learn from the last paragraph that
.A.a modern computer won’t be downB.computers can take the place of humanC.there will be great changes in computersD.sometimes a computer may bring suffering to people 
学生在考试中作弊现象时有发生。假定你是高一学生李英,请根据下列要点,给某英语报社投稿反映这种现象,并呼吁广大学生停止作弊。1.作弊的手段
2.作弊的危害
3.对作弊采取的措施注意:1. 词数120左右;2.文章的开头已经给出,不计入总词数;3.可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。4. 参考词汇:竞争competition 惩罚punishmentDear Editor,I am a Senior One student in a high school in Hubei. These days___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________YoursLi Ying 
根据每小题的汉语提示,以及句末括号内的英语单词完成句子,并将答案写在答题卡上的相应题号后。1.You missed a wonderful performance. You
earlier this morning.(set)你错过了一场精彩的表演。今天早上你应该早点出发的。2.Having found the truth, Wang Peng felt that he could not have Yong Hui ___________
telling people lies any more. (get)王鹏在发现真实的情况后,他觉得再也不能忍受雍慧哄骗人们而得不到惩罚。3.The headmaster said that we would be given four days off in the coming May Day. That is ________________. (look)校长说在即将来临的五一节我们能够放4天假。这正是我们在盼望着的。4.Only by improving services and lowering prices in the restaurant _______________. (win)只有改善饭店的服务,降低价格,你才能赢回顾客。5.Many scientists believe that the continued presence of water produced a chain reaction, _______________ to develop on the earth. ( make)许多科学家认为,地球上水的继续存在产生了一系列的反应,这使生命的出现成为可能。6.It’s already nine o’clock. Tom hasn’t turned up at the office. None of us know what ________________ him.(happen)已经9点了,Tom还没有来上班,我们大家都不知道他可能发生了什么事。7.Nelson Mandela was a great man. When the news came
, the whole world felt sad.(die)Nelson Mandela是一位伟人。当他去世的消息传来时,全世界都为之悲伤。8. ________________ that many corrupt officials in China have been sentenced since President Xi came to power. (confirm)自从习主席执政以来,中国的许多贪官已被判刑,这已得到证实。9.Every parent must make their kids know that
music doesn’t necessarily make them famous singers.(gift)每个父母必须让他们的孩子明白,有音乐天赋不一定会让他们成为著名的歌星。10.It was at the last moment ______________ the change in the job requirement. (remind)他在最后一刻才提醒我工作要求上的变化。 
题型:阅读理解
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 overlooked 的文章

随机推荐