登录后即可下载没有账号?注册一个吧
相关视频 |
当前相关视频是由系统自动生成,相关性可能不高,你可以手动添加相关视频,有
赠送,参加,一起建设我大吉他社吧!
查看: 857|
正需要这个谱呢
京ICP备号-15 / 京公网安备10
Powered by当前位置:
>>>During the war there was a serious lack of food. It was not..
During the war there was a serious lack of food. It was not unusual that even the wealthy families had to ________ bread for days.
A. eat up&&&&&&&&&&B. give away&&&&&& C. do without&&&&&&D. deal with
题型:单选题难度:中档来源:天津同步题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“During the war there was a serious lack of food. It was not..”主要考查你对&&动词短语&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
动词短语的概念:
动词常和某些其他词类用在一起,构成固定词组,形成所谓短语动词(phrasalverb)。和动词一样,短语动词也可分为及物和不及物两种。短语动词可以作为一个整体看待,同一般动词一样使用。 &动词短语的搭配类型:1)动词+介词:这类短语动词用作及物动词,后面须跟宾语。如:The small boy insisted on going with his parents. 那男孩坚持要跟父母一起去。 &&&&&&& Do you often listen to broadcasts in English? 你常听英语广播吗? &&&&&&& Look at the children. Aren't they lovely? 看着这些孩子们。他们多么可爱呀! &&&&&&& We stand for self-reliance. 我们是主张自力更生的。 这一类的短语动词还有很多,如depend on(upon)(依靠),wait on(服侍),look for(寻找),deal with(对待),look after(照料),wait for(等待)等。 2)动词+副词:这类短语动词有的用作及物动词,有的用作不及物动词。如:I always get up as soon as the bell rings. 我总是一打铃就起床。(不及物) &&&&&&& Look out, there's a car coming! 当心,来汽车了!(不及物) &&&&&&& Have you handed in your exercises already? 你已经交练习了吗?(及物) &&&&&&& Please don't forget to put on your coat, it's cold outside. 请不要忘记穿外衣,外面很冷。(及物) 这一类的短语动词还有很多,及物如put out(扑灭),eat up(吃光),put down(放下);不及物如set off(出发),come up(走近),go on(继续)。 注:"动词+副词"这类短语动词和上面第一类"动词+介词"的不同之处在于:"动词+介词"用作及物动词,后面须跟宾语。"动词+副词"则有的及物,有的不及物;用作及物动词而宾语为人称代词或自身代词时,副词往往放在宾语之后。如:Please wake me up at five tomorrow. 请在明天早上五点唤醒我。 &&&&&&& If you have done your exercises, please hand them in. 如果你们练习做完了请交来。 &&&&&&& She doesn't normally behave like that, she's putting it on. 她通常并不如此表现,她是装出来的。 注:这类短语动词有不少可兼作及物和不及物动词用。如:He took off his hat when he entered the office. 他进办公室后脱下帽子。(及物) &&&&&&& The plane took off at seven sharp. 飞机在七点整起飞。(不及物) &&&&&&& Charlie rang up Neil to ask about the time of the meeting. 查理打电话给尼尔问开会的时间。(及物) &&&&&&& If you can't come, please ring up and let us know. 你如来不了,请来电话告诉我们一声。(不及物) 3)动词+副词+介词:"动词+副词"之后有的可以再加一个介词,形成另一种短语动词。这类短语动词用作及物动词。如:Do not give up hope. We must go on with the experiment 不要失望。我们必须继续试验。(go on with继续) &&&&&&& He came up to me. 他走到我跟前。(come up to走近) 这类短语动词还有:look down upon(看不起),do away with(去掉),put up with(忍受)等。 4)动词+名词+介词:这类短语动词也是及物的。如:He shook hands with all the guests at the banquet. 他在宴会上和宾客一一握手。 &&&&&&& Young pioneers often come to the Children's Palace to take part in after school activities.少先队员经常到少年宫来参加课外活动。 &&&&&&& Pay attention to the temperature of the stored rice. 注意仓库里的稻谷的温度。 &&&&&&& Her job is taking care of the babies. 她的工作是照顾婴儿。 这一类短语动词还有:put an end to(结束),take notice of(注意),catch hold of(抓住),lose sight of(看不见),make use of(利用)等。 动词短语知识体系:
发现相似题
与“During the war there was a serious lack of food. It was not..”考查相似的试题有:
336967357577239960425987239962417462Use lack in a sentence | lack sentence examples
Lack Sentence Examples
LINK / CITE
ADD TO WORD LIST
All I lack is a playmate to call my own.At least he couldn't blame her for any lack of attention this time.The lack of security is unsettling.Besides, her lack of response in the past had been far more effective.What words could she use that would adequately express her feelings after such a display of total lack of faith in the person she loved?There had been no mention of the lack of contact from the girl, but all three were disappointed no call had been received.Instead, his brain had starved for lack of oxygen, leading to the present situation.He continued to stare at her total lack of remorse.Although the technique of growing cowpox on cow hides would come, transporting it was difficult due to lack of refrigeration.As the world is flooded with ever cheaper and better consumer goods, ever better media, ever cooler brands, people become ever more, for lack of a better word, materialistic.His lack of response sent a painful flush into her neck.The two drinks and lack of a third caused him to be more direct than normal politeness would dictate.He slept little, continuing to regret his lack of action throughout the night.The point I am trying to make is that on a global scale, neither the cost of feeding the hungry nor the fundamental lack of food can possibly be the major issue.In her voice there was a virginal freshness, an unconsciousness of her own powers, and an as yet untrained velvety softness, which so mingled with her lack of art in singing that it seemed as if nothing in that voice could be altered without spoiling it.A movie or a trip to town was suggested and met with a distinct lack of enthusiasm.Martha reluctantly admitted the lack of confirmation the town actually existed.Explanation of our lack of success was unnecessary and we all retired for the night.With each potential missing child case my wife discovered, she became more anguished with our lack of intervention.Was it because all the stupid clones out there who read this trash lack the brains to come close to finding her?I asked, confirming my lack of faith in the couple's long term relationship.I watched as they removed him, a sheet over his body in a clear indication of his lack of immortality.Seeing the relative lack of consequence your life has in the grand scheming of deities and Immortals kind of makes you view things differently, Gabe.It had been the mildest late winter in years and the lack of high country snow had opened the Jeep roads weeks earlier than usual.While the pair was discouraged at the lack of success of their efforts, both were relieved to be leaving the dank and intimidating enclosure and moved quickly down the tunnel.He marveled at Westlake's lack of concern, but as a first time visitor to the heart of nature's fury it was still a white-knuckle trip as lightning flashes and near-simultaneous thunderclaps erupted in every direction.While Dean didn't share his wife's intensity, he was proud of it, and his lack of interest in the names didn't lessen his love of the scene.Dean's lack of proficiency at mountain climbing left him to make do instead of utilizing a more effective and safer method of descent.He surprised himself with his calmness, prompted by a total lack of understanding of the situation.Mums thought the lack of good parenting was why Lori went wild.The doctor said they could find no reason for him to stay in a coma, except the possibility of brain damage from lack of oxygen or blood loss.He drew back and looked down at her with troubled eyes, seeking the cause for her lack of response.And then there was that other thing – their love life, or lack thereof.He stared at her, and she flung the plate at him, furious at his lack of reaction.The barracks area was heavily guarded, but she was struck by the lack of activity in the part of the castle that normally hummed with life.Kiera had suspected Romas to be independently wealthy by his complete lack of concern for being anywhere but with Evelyn for the last three months.Her walk was unguarded like her mannerisms, a sweet lack of refinement he wasn't sure he liked.Some plans he couldn't use for lack of manpower, timing constraints, or other battle-related reasons, but some were brilliant.Stone-faced, he stared at it, and her face grew warm at his lack of response.The old man was as nattily attired in his customary fashion, but his eyes betrayed his lack of sleep.The lack of word separation and punctuation made the task far more difficult.Lack of a full night's sleep had put both Deans in less than top form as they readied breakfast.Dean couldn't bring himself to think of any of them seriously, given their lack of reasonable motive.The point I'm trying to make is, we lack confirmation, especially in view of subsequent events.On the fourth night they sat cross-legged together discussing their future, or lack thereof.Although he was close to passing out from lack of air, Connor rasped, "Got it."On the way home, Jackson cursed himself for his lack of self-control.His voice was raspy from his own lack of sleep.The four men were clean, neatly dressed, and without the signs of lack of sleep or food that Brady's men displayed.Whatever she found at the Peak had driven her into a forest full of insurgents despite her injury and her lack of familiarity with the forest or the world outside hers.When the ancients could not find these solutions, it was not for a lack of intelligence but for a lack of technology.Conversely, in places where prosperity has not risen, lack of these ingredients plays a significant role.This fact was understood in Ancient Rome, where people had a curious lack of interest in science and technology except when it pertained to the military and the building of roads.It was his view that "the attainment of human rights in the fullest sense cannot be achieved so long as hundreds of millions of poverty-stricken people lack the basic necessities for life."But to be fair, I see certain admirable qualities in the nationalist: a kind of loyalty, not to an ideal, bu the unquestioning devotion and the complete lack of self-doubt.I remember in autumn of '87 thinking it was perfectly reasonable to take the red 1964 Corvair convertible for a test drive, despite its lack of functioning brakes.Still, for all this immutableness, was there some lack of common consistency about worthy Captain Peleg.Gifted with the high perception, I lack the low, damned, most subtly and most malignantly! damned in the midst of Paradise!This feeling began to agitate me with a vexing, forward-reaching sense of a lack that should be filled.The one I felt and still feel most is lack of time.Fortunately, however, Helen Keller wrote so many letters and exercises that there is no lack of records of that sort.] I don't know how long she will keep it up.At times Miss Keller seemed to lack flexibility, her thoughts ran in set phrases which she seemed to have no power to revise or turn over in new ways.Lavater would have said I lack the bump of paternity.And if Pierre was often struck by Andrew's lack of capacity for philosophical meditation (to which he himself was particularly addicted), he regarded even this not as a defect but as a sign of strength."I make bold to ask your excellency to move a little for this gentleman," said the postmaster, entering the room followed by another traveler, also detained for lack of horses.Natasha repeated with a smile of pity at her friend's lack of comprehension.Of course he is an excellent man, but still, with his father's disapproval they wouldn't have been happy, and Natasha won't lack suitors.The doctor, whether from lack of means or because he did not like to part from his young wife in the early days of their marriage, took her about with him wherever the hussar regiment went and his jealousy had become a standing joke among the hussar officers.The red-nosed Captain Timokhin, formerly Dolokhov's squadron commander, but now from lack of officers a battalion commander, shyly entered the shed followed by an adjutant and the regimental paymaster.He could not stop what was going on before him and around him and was supposed to be directed by him and to depend on him, and from its lack of success this affair, for the first time, seemed to him unnecessary and horrible.Talk in general centered round three melancholy facts: the Emperor's lack of news, the loss of Kutaysov, and the death of Helene.And he involuntarily compared the two: the lack of spirituality in the one and the abundance of it in the other--a spirituality he himself lacked and therefore valued most highly.Its lack of a master, a name, or even of a breed or any definite color did not seem to trouble the blue-gray dog in the least.He had learned that as there is no condition in which man can be happy and entirely free, so there is no condition in which he need be unhappy and lack freedom.All the contradictions and obscurities of history and the false path historical science has followed are due solely to the lack of a solution of that question.Intellectual power. There is a singular lack of logic, as it seems toAll the activity and lack of sleep was catching up with her and she was exhausted.Neither of us mentioned her conversations with Quinn, or the lack thereof.She'd not thought twice about their lack of police uniforms but was now struck by it.She just shrugged her shoulders as if she could care less about his lack of vocalization and moseyed over to near where Fred and the boy were sitting, the notebook between them.Why the lack of candor on Shipton's condition?The emergency network had not been utilized, which meant that by morning one of the high-ranking men hiding underground would be on the phone to General Greene to complain about the lack of gin.Ozma was happy to have Dorothy beside her, for girls of her own age with whom it was proper for the Princess to associate were very few, and often the youthful Ruler of Oz was lonely for lack of companionship.Large urban populations to feed and a lack of widespread land ownership compound the problems.And while a few remaining countries didn't get the memo from the Politburo that the Revolution was cancelled due to lack of funds, for all intents and purposes, the defining political struggle of the day had ended.How often when considering her character I have told myself that I was to blame for not understanding her, for not understanding that constant composure and complacency and lack of all interests or desires, and the whole secret lies in the terrible truth that she is a depraved woman.For ages, from our forefather Adam to our own day, we labor to attain that knowledge and are still infinit but in our lack of understanding we see only our weakness and His greatness....Only one day's ration of bread remains.He'll show you what law is! the mob were saying as if reproving one another for their lack of confidence.That was a pretty good indication of interest - or lack thereof.And yet, its little engine hummed along with a surprising lack of noise.He released her and searched her face as though trying to discover the reason for her lack of response.I'll call it a dream for lack of another word but that's not what I experienced.He gets stymied at times because of lack of access to certain information sources.He's quick to apologize but his regrets sometimes lack sincerity.His lack of response didn't mean he wasn't aware, and she didn't want to leave him worried that she might do such a thing – especially if he was unable to respond."All the points of our position are in the enemy's hands and we cannot dislodge them for lack of troops, the men are running away and it is impossible to stop them," he reported.He is needed for the place that awaits him, and so almost apart from his will and despite his indecision, his lack of a plan, and all his mistakes, he is drawn into a conspiracy that aims at seizing power and the conspiracy is crowned with success.Betsy had confessed to Mr. Cooms her frustration over the lack of information regarding the outcome of our tips.At his lack of response, she continued, Ne'Rin disagrees.His voice was gravelly from lack of use, and his arms and legs felt heavy as he tested them.So long as she uses words correctly, she should be granted the privilege of using them freely, and not be expected to confine herself to a vocabulary true to her lack of sight and hearing.The blood loss and lack of food made her dizzy.The American has dwindled into an Odd Fellow--one who may be known by the development of his organ of gregariousness, and a manifest lack of intellect and cheerful self- whose first and chief concern, on coming into the world, is to see that the almshouse and, before yet he has lawfully donned the virile garb, to collect a fund for the support of the widows and who, in short ventures to live only by the aid of the Mutual Insurance company, which has promised to bury him decently.Princess Mary spoke of her childhood, of her mother, her father, and Natasha, who with a passive lack of understanding had formerly turned away from that life of devotion, submission, and the poetry of Christian self-sacrifice, now feeling herself bound to Princess Mary by affection, learned to love her past too and to understand a side of life previously incomprehensible to her.
How would you use lack in a sentence?
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Words near lack in the dictionary
Follow YourDictionary
Join YourDictionary today
Create and save customized word lists. Sign up today and start improving your vocabulary!
Please set a username for yourself.
People will see it as Author Name with your public word lists.2014郑大远程教育专科英语II考试答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2014郑大远程教育专科英语II考试答案
||文档简介
总评分3.4|
浏览量40124
&&21郑​大​远​程​教​育​专​科​英​语​I​I​考​试
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩8页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢