where is the bookk is believe...

Start by marking “The Book of Lost Things” as Want to Read:
Want to Read
Want to Read
Currently Reading
Enlarge cover
Want to Read
Error rating book. Refresh and try again.
Rate this book
Clear rating
See a Problem?
We’d love your help.
Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly.
It’s the wrong book
It’s the wrong edition
Details (if other):
The Book of Lost Things
(Goodreads Author)
switch to:Reading a book is helpful. But many people don't know the ways to read a difficult book. The following steps will help you feel 1 about the book you read. Catch the main point. Pay attention to what y 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
& &Reading a book is helpful. But many people don't know the ways to read a difficult book. The following steps will help you feel 1 about the book you read.& &Catch the main point. Pay attention tand 2
behind what you can't. You may understand something important through reading. However,there are some ideas that you may not following. But remember to move on and you will 3 the main idea of the book.& &Give it a first read. You may find that each section of the 4 needs special attention. However,it's not good to keep your 5 on every word. It is better to get a general idea of the book,rather than read the whole book carefully. The 6
you read,the better you are at reading.& &Give it a second 7 This time you’d better read more slowly and carefully. The main idea of the book is clear. You should catch more details of the book. When you read the book for the second time,you would 8 much that you did not understand earlier.& &Reading a book is not a difficult task any longer because there is not such a thing 9 a difficult book. It all depends on how you enjoy it. 10 lies in the mind,but not in the book. So,open your eyes and read any books on the bookcase.1. A. relaxed&&&B. worried & C. surprised&&&D. disappointed2. A. read&&&B. forget & C. remember&&&D. leave3. A. ask&&&B. consider & C. get&&&D. agree4. A. notebook&&&B. book & C. paper&&&D. picture5. A. eyes&&&B. ears & C. hands&&&D. mouth6. A. fast&&&B. faster & C. slow&&&D. slower7. A. work&&&B. listen & C. read&&&D. write8. A. think&&&B. believe & C. guess&&&D. understand9. A. like&&&B. as & C. for&&&D. with10. A. Difference&&&B. Meaning & C. Instead&&&D. Difficulty
1. A 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. B 7. C 8. D 9. B 10. D& 读书是一件好事,但是如何阅读较难的书呢?请参考本文给出的建议:关注你的内容,略读了解大意,精读了解细 节;切记:只要用心去读,没有读不懂的文本。1. A短文告诉人们阅读方法,由此推断,下面列举的步骤会帮助人们感到阅读的“轻松”。2. D由上文“关注你所能关注的”推断,把不懂的“留到”后面读.3. C这一段谈及抓住文章的重点,由“坚持往下读”推断,会“抓住”书的重点。4. B短文谈论读书方法,由此推断,你可能觉得“书”的每一部分都需要关注。5. A句意:然而,用“眼睛”盯住每一个单词不好。6. B “the +比较级,the +比较级”是固定结构,排除A与C;由“不要用眼睛盯住每一个单词”推断,读得越“快”, 越擅长阅读。7. C由上一段Give it a first read.推断,这一段则表明Give it a second read.故选 C。8. D根据常理,第二遍阅读时,你就会“懂得”很多此前不懂的内容。9. B “such + a/an +形容词+名词+ as + a/an +形容词+名词”是固定结构,意为“正如……一样的……”。10. D 由上文的“there is no such a thing as a difficult book”推断,“困难在心中,而不在书内”。障碍句分析& When you read the book for the second time,you would understand much that you did not understand earlier.当你第二 次读这本书时,你就会懂得很多此前不懂的内容。& when引导时间状语从句,for the second time意为“第二 次”;that引导定语从句,修饰much。
题目来源: &
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
& &On a fine summer day a grasshopper (蝗虫) was singing and dancing happily in a field. At that time the grasshopper saw a little ant busy gathering 1 from the field.& &The grasshopper asked the ant, “Why are you working so hard? Come and chat with me. ” The ant replied to the 2 grasshopper, “ I am collecting foods for the winter season. Why can't you also store some food 3 the winter season?” And the ant 4 the work. The grasshopper laughed at the ant by saying “winter is so long to come” and continued to 5 .& &When the winter came the ant was 6 in his home using the food he saved during the summer time. The grasshopper was not able to 7 any food. When the grasshopper was about to cross the ant's house,he saw the ant happily enjoying the winter.& &The grasshopper asked the ant to give some food to eat. The ant laughed at the grasshopper and said, “You laughed at me 8 I was collecting food,and now you are coming and asking me for the food. Please 9
and have some food. ”& &The grasshopper felt ashamed of 10 .He went into the ant's house and had enough food for its stomach. And at the request of the ant,the grasshopper sang and danced.1. A. corns&&&B. leaves & C. rubbish&&&D. stones2. A. busy&&&B. smart & C. lazy&&&D. brave3. A. in&&&B. for & C. on&&&D. to4. A. finished&&&B. forgot & C. refused&&&D. continued5. A. work&&&B. dance & C. sleep&&&D. jump6. A. cold&&&B. difficult & C. happy&&&D. hungry7. A. find&&&B. store & C. make&&&D. cook8. A. unless&&&B. before & C. when&&&D. though9. A. go away&&&B. take off & C. stay up&&&D. come in10. A. herself&&&B. itself & C. myself&&&D. himself
& &Trinity College Library: Dublin,Ireland&& &The library is the oldest library in Ireland. People started to build it in1592. There are many old books in this library. It is famous for its beauty. One of the oldest harps (竖琴) in Ireland is in the library.& &Geisel Library,University of California : San Diego,the United States&& &It first opened in 1970. It looks like a spaceship (宇宙飞船) . You can go to the first floor and the second floor in the library to read books. You can also find books from the fourth floor to the eighth floor. Readers can't find the way to the third floor in the library.& &TU Delft Library,the Delft University of Technology : The Netherlands&& &In 1997,people built this library. It has more than 862,000 books,16,000 magazines and its own museum. The building is under the ground. So you can't see it. The grass hill is the roof of the library. On the grass,there is a white building. It represents technology.1. The oldest library in Ireland was built in .&&&A. 1592&&&B. 1970&&&C. 1529&&&D. 19972. Readers can't go to in Geisel Library.&&&A. the first floor&&&B. the second floor&&&C. the third floor&&&D. the fourth floor3. Why did people build a white building on the TU Delft Library?&&&A. Because it is the roof of the TU Delft Library.&&&B. Because it is the sign of the Library.&&&C. Because it can protect the grass.&&&D. Because it is the symbol of technology.4. Which country does Geisel Library lie in?&&&A. England. B. Ireland.&&&C. America. D. Netherlands.5. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?&&&A. The three libraries are named after three Universities.&&&B. Geisel Library was built in a spaceship.&&&C. Trinity College Library looks like a harp.&&&D. TU Delft Library was built under the ground.
& 阅读下面的短文,并根据文章后的要求答题。 (请注意问题后的词数要求)& [1] We all have our own ways of sharing our life experiences with others.& [2] Photographers use cameras,artists use brushes,musicians use songs and writers use stories.& [3] Spencer Johnson’s story Who Moved My Cheese ? shows changes exist in (存在于) our life.Life changes and so we do. We must change ourselves to face the changing environment,or we will fail.& [4] Just look at the cycle (循环) of .Trees bud (发芽) in spring and in summer their leaves turn green. In autumn,their leaves start to fall onto the ground. When winter arrives,there are no leaves on trees. Next spring the cycle begins again. Since we know it is colder in winter and hotter in summer,so we can dress properly.& [5] Since we accept the cycles of nature,we should also accept the changes in our life.& [6] We can prepare ourselves for changes by becoming more flexible (灵活的) .We can regard the changes in our life as changes. As we keep changing ourselves,we can keep up with the changes in our life.1. What's the main idea of this passage? ( no more than 10 words)2. How do writers share their life experiences? (no more than 3 words)3. What does Who Moved My Cheese ? tell us? (no more than 5 words)4. Fill in the blanks in Paragraph 4 with proper words.(no more than 2 words)5. Translate the underlined sentence in the last paragraph into Chinese.
& &Mark was an 11-year-old orphan. He lived with his aunt,who was greatly 1 with the burden of caring for her dead sister's son. She never 2 to remind young Mark he would be a homeless waif (流浪儿) . 3
with all the scolding and coldness at home,he was a 4 and gentle child. I had not 5 Mark particularly until he began staying after class each day to help me clean the room. We did this 6 and comfortably,not speaking much,but enjoying the quietness of that hour of the day. When we did 7 , Mark spoke mostly of his mother.& &I explained how he had been my best helper. “I'm making you a surprise ,” he whispered. “It's for Christmas. ”& &With that,he became 8 and ran out of the classroom. Finally came the last school day before Christmas. “I have your present,” he said timidly (羞怯地) when I 9 up. “I hope you like it. ”There was a tiny wooden box in his hand. “It's beautiful,Mark. Is there something in it?” I asked,10
the top to look inside. “ You can't 11 what's in it ,” he replied ,“and you can't touch it,or taste it or feel it,but 12
always said it makes you feel 13 all the time,warm on cold nights and 14 when you are alone. ” I looked into the empty box. “What's it,Mark,” I asked gently ,“that will make me feel so good?” “ Love ,” he 15
. And he turned and quietly left my room. It was the best present I have never had before.1. A. satisfied&&&B. annoyed & C. tired&&&D. contented2. A. succeeded&&&B. tried & C. failed&&&D. wanted3. A. Still&&&B. Besides & C. Moreover&&&D. Meanwhile4. A. strange&&&B. proud & C. quiet&&&D. sweet5. A. touched&&&B. known & C. remembered&&&D. noticed6. A. quickly&&&B. separately & C. slowly&&&D. quietly7. A. say&&&B. talk & C. listen&&&D. communicate8. A. excited&&&B. silent & C. happy&&&D. shy9. A. cheered&&&B. rose & C. looked&&&D. turned10. A. watching&&&B. staring & C. opening&&&D. tearing11. A. enjoy&&&B. have & C. sell&&&D. see12. A. mother&&&B. father & C. uncle&&&D. aunt13. A. free&&&B. good & C. calm&&&D. lucky14. A. joyful&&&B. terrible & C. safe&&&D. hopeful15. A. shouted&&&B. cried & C. laughed&&&D. whispered
& &When I was very young,I had a dream which was to become a veterinarian one day, because I loved animals very much especially dogs. But there was no room in my adult life for a dog.& &Then last year,I could not stand the fact that I had the cancer (癌症) . It was the bad news for me. I wanted to keep a dog,but I knew my illness made it impossible to keep it. In early September,my doctor decided to let me keep a furry friend,because my immune system (免疫系统) was strong to keep a dog.& &The same day I went to an animal market with my boyfriend. When I saw a 9-week-old dog with big brown eyes,nice ears and white fur,I took it home.& &I have been always happy these days since Oscar came into my life. My new favorite pastime is to watch it sleep,eat and run. And I have been spending more time caring about it,taking long walks with it in the park.& &I still have my weekly appointments (约会) at the hospital. But my illness got better with the company of a dog and my immune system was getting stronger,my doctors told me.1. The writer wanted to be when she was young.&&&A. a waitress&&&B. a doctor&&&C. a veterinarian&&&D. a policeman2. The writer could keep a dog because .&&&A. she loved it very much&&&B. she had enough room for it&&&C. she had a cancer&&&D. her immune system was strong3. About the dog,which of the following was TRUE?&&&A. It was found on the road by the writer.&&&B. It had big and brown eyes.&&&C. It was black.&&&D. He was nine months old when the writer found it.4. The writer did the following except .&&&A. watching her dog sleep&&&B. watching her dog eat and run&&&C. eating with her dog together&&&D. taking walks with her dog5. From the last paragraph,we can infer the writer her dog.&&&A. is thankful to&&&B. is worried about&&&C. doesn’t like&&&D. is strict with
& &Today,the Internet is used in nearly every field of life. Does the Internet play an important part in education? Let us take a look at it in detail.& &School Projects&& &The Internet can be most 1 for completing projects in schools. As the Internet is an ocean of information,covering 2
all subjects known to man. Going through the information on the Internet is much 3 than reading a book on the subject. Homework is also made easier with the help of the Internet 4 is also one of the important uses of computers in education.& &News&& &All the latest news is often updated on the Internet on news sites. Students learning politics,can learn the news 5 the Internet at school,at home,or at any other places.& &Online Learning&& &With the Internet,you can 6 short-term courses online,learn,and give exams. People from any part of the world can gain (获取) 7 on different subjects.& &No Age Bracket (档次) for Education&& &Online courses can make people of all age groups take up education of their 8 , according to their liking and wish. You are,now,never too old 9 too busy to learn something new.& &With these points,we find that the Internet is so important in education. However,it is only 10 for parents to make students understand what is good and what not for them,or keep a watch on their surfing.1. A. common&&&B. dangerous & C. useful&&&D. traditional2. A. nearly&&&B. hardly & C. already&&&D. simply3. A. harder&&&B. worse & C. faster&&&D. slower4. A. who&&&B. what & C. whose&&&D. which5. A. across&&&B. through & C. without&&&D. beside6. A. take up&&&B. pick up & C. get up&&&D. put up7. A. experience&&&B. pleasure & C. money&&&D. knowledge8. A. ages&&&B. safety & C. choice&&&D. habits9. A. and&&&B. or & C. but&&&D. so10. A. silly&&&B. busy & C. wise&&&D. sure
& &On the first day of school our teacher introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.& &I turned around to find a little old lady with a warm smile. She said, “Hi,handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. ”& &“Why are you in university at such a YOUNG age?” I asked. She replied, “I'm here to meet a rich husband,get married,have a couple of kids,and then retire and travel.”& &I knew she was joking. I was curious (好奇) what might have encouraged her to be taking on this challenge at her age.& &“I always dreamed of having a university education and now I'm getting one!” she told me. We became friends. Every day we would talk nonstop after class. I always enjoyed listening to this “time machine” as she shared her wisdom (智慧) and experience with me. And Rose easily made friends wherever she went.& &At the end of the term we invited Rose to make a little speech. She cleared her throat and began, “We do not stop playinwe grow old because we stop playing. I've learned a few secrets to staying young,being happy,and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You’ve got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams,you die. ”& &“There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. Anybody can grow older. That doesn’t take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding the opportunity in change …”1. When the author and Rose first met,they began their conversation in a( n) manner.&&&A. polite&&&B. impolite&&&C. serious&&&D. humorous2. Rose went to the university in order to .&&&A. meet a rich husband&&&B. make new friends&&&C. get a better job&&&D. get a university education3. The author considered Rose as a “time machine”because .&&&A. she always came to class on time&&&B. she made friends easily at university&&&C. she enjoyed a long life and had lots of wisdom and experience&&&D. she knew the difference between growing older and growing up4. The word “That” in Paragraph 7 refers to (指).&&&A. growing older&&&B. growing up&&&C. staying young&&&D. being happy5. From this passage we know Rose believed .&&&A. “Easier said than done. ”&&&B. uWell begun is half done. ”&&&C. “It is never too late to learn. ”&&&D. “Reading makes a full man. ”
() 10. Which do you prefer,tea &coffee?& & & & —Tea,please.&&&A. but&&&B. and&&&C. or
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!该账号邮箱未验证,请后登录
请输入正确的密码!
记住登录状态
使用合作网站帐号登录 :
在线时间13 小时经验值28 小站金币10 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限10帖子
小学生, 积分 28, 距离下一级还需 3 积分
小站金币10
Personally, the book i believe to be the most useful is & eat, pray, love&. And there are several reasons to name.The most important thing is that this book expands my horizon. It tells about the author’s long journey through Italy, India, and Indonesia, recording everything occurred to her that related to the art and culture.What’s more, this book gives out the author’s values and her attitude towards the world. Her communication with people she met on her trip about love and friendship gives me great inspiration.That’s why this book is of the most use to me.
**** 本内容被作者隐藏 ****
相关帖子 |
该会员很懒,今天签到时没说话.
在线时间515 小时经验值2717 小站金币1552 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限255帖子
小站金币1552
本帖最后由 Amelia 于
11:18 编辑
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请
该会员很懒,今天签到时没说话.
在线时间0 小时经验值8 小站金币0 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限9帖子
新手上路, 积分 8, 距离下一级还需 3 积分
该用户从未签到排名
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。...................。更好的话& && && &。。。。。。。
在线时间40 小时经验值146 小站金币37 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限10帖子
硕士生, 积分 146, 距离下一级还需 5 积分
小站金币37
appreciation
加油加油加油加油加油
在线时间130 小时经验值2993 小站金币9 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限30帖子
讲师, 积分 2993, 距离下一级还需 1508 积分
该会员没有填写今日想说内容.
在线时间5 小时经验值38 小站金币0 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限10帖子
初中生, 积分 38, 距离下一级还需 13 积分
该用户从未签到排名
哈哈哈哈刚刚跟发放过
在线时间113 小时经验值278 小站金币4 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限10帖子
博士生, 积分 278, 距离下一级还需 23 积分
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
又看见TPO小站,真开心^_^
在线时间10 小时经验值21 小站金币2 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限10帖子
小学生, 积分 21, 距离下一级还需 10 积分
明天又上学了
在线时间10 小时经验值20 小站金币0 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限10帖子
小学生, 积分 20, 距离下一级还需 11 积分
该用户从未签到排名
学习一下啊,vvvvvvvvv
在线时间2 小时经验值8 小站金币0 最后登录注册时间主题精华0阅读权限9帖子
新手上路, 积分 8, 距离下一级还需 3 积分
该用户从未签到排名
good......................
我们将以您绑定的
作为接收批改短信的默认手机号码
订阅小站最新精品课程信息
输入您的手机号码,批改动态随时掌握!
订阅小站最新精品课程信息
您可以在设置—密码安全—绑定手机中随时修改您的手机号码
还差最后一步了!只要填写完邮箱即可同时获得批改短信提醒和小站精品课程信息两大福利了!
小站论坛,All Rights Reserved 小站国际教育&&沪ICP备号&&

我要回帖

更多关于 the book is his 的文章

随机推荐