It took me ait weekk t...

classify意为“分类”。divide的意思是“切割,划分”;order作动词时,意为“订购”;arrange意为“安排”。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
完形填空(共20小题,每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从31-50各题所给的四个选项中选出最佳答案。
There was once a boy who suffered from a deadly disease and could die anytime. One day, he 31& a CD store and saw a young girl about his age and he knew it was love at first &32& . He opened the door and walked in. she looked up and asked, “ 33& I help you?”
He said, “Uh…Yeah…Umm…I would like to &34& a CD.”
He picked one out and gave her &35& for it.
“Would you like me to &36& it for you?” she asked, smiling her cute smile.
He nodded and she went to the back.
She came_37_with the wrapped CD and gave it to him. _38& , he went to that store every day and bought a CD. He was still too 39& to ask her out and he really wanted to. His mother found out about this and &40 &him to just ask her.
So the next day, he took all his courage and went to the store. He bought a CD 41& he did every day and when she wasn’t looking, he &42 &his phone number on the desk and ran out…
RING…The mother &43 &the phone and said, “Hello?”
It was the girl! She asked for the boy and the mother started to cry and said, “He passed& 44& &&yesterday…”
The mother went into the boy’s room. She was face to face with piles and piles of &45 CDs. She picked one up and started to open it.
46& , there was a CD and as took it out of the wrapper, out 47& a piece of paper. The mother picked it up and started to read it.
It 48& : Hi…I think U R really cute. Do U wanna go out with me? Love, Jacelyn.
The mother opened &49& CD…Again there was a piece of paper with the& 50& words.
A. examined
B. admired
D. searched
B. thought
C. attempt
A. attention
D. service
B. From then on
C. In addition
D. In case
B. anxious
B. discouraged
C. because
B. dropped
A. picked out
B. held on
C. picked up
D. rang up
B. ordered
D. unopened
B. Outside&
C. Instead
D. Somewhere
D. appeared
D. underlined
D. another
A. different
B. encouraging
D. exciting
来源:学年浙江省杭州市萧山九中高一下学期第一次质量检测英语卷
题型:完型填空
完形填空(共20小题,每小题1分,满分20分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从31-50各题所给的四个选项中选出最佳答案。There was once a boy who suffered from a deadly disease and could die anytime. One day, he 31&a CD store and saw a young girl about his age and he knew it was love at first &32&. He opened the door and walked in. she looked up and asked,“ 33&I help you?” He said, “Uh…Yeah…Umm…I would like to &34&a CD.”He picked one out and gave her &35&for it.“Would you like me to &36&it for you?” she asked, smiling her cute smile.He nodded and she went to the back.She came_37_with the wrapped CD and gave it to him. _38&, he went to that store every day and bought a CD. He was still too 39&to ask her out and he really wanted to. His mother found out about this and &40 &him to just ask her.So the next day, he took all his courage and went to the store. He bought a CD 41&he did every day and when she wasn’t looking, he &42 &his phone number on the desk and ran out…RING…The mother &43 &the phone and said, “Hello?” It was the girl! She asked for the boy and the mother started to cry and said, “He passed& 44&&&yesterday…”The mother went into the boy’s room. She was face to face with piles and piles of &45 CDs. She picked one up and started to open it.46&, there was a CD and as took it out of the wrapper, out 47&a piece of paper. The mother picked it up and started to read it.It 48&: Hi…I think U R really cute. Do U wanna go out with me? Love, Jacelyn.The mother opened &49&CD…Again there was a piece of paper with the& 50&words.【小题1】A.examinedB.admiredC.passedD.searched【小题2】A.sightB.thoughtC.attemptD.time【小题3】A.MustB.CanC.ShouldD.Might【小题4】A.enjoyB.tryC.useD.buy【小题5】A.attentionB.careC.moneyD.service【小题6】A.wrapB.chooseC.checkD.play【小题7】A.acrossB.upC.outD.back【小题8】A.Ever
sinceB.From then onC.In additionD.In case【小题9】A.shyB.anxiousC.eagerD.weak【小题10】A.forbadB.discouragedC.toldD.forced【小题11】A.sinceB.onceC.becauseD.like【小题12】A.leftB.droppedC.markedD.threw【小题13】A.picked outB.held onC.picked upD.rang up【小题14】A.offB.awayC.downD.up【小题15】A.usedB.orderedC.tornD.unopened【小题16】A.InsideB.OutsideC.InsteadD.Somewhere【小题17】A.flewB.fellC.wentD.appeared【小题18】A.wroteB.saidC.signedD.underlined【小题19】A.otherB.anyC.noD.another【小题20】A.differentB.encouragingC.sameD.exciting&
来源:2012届浙江省名校新高考研究联盟高三第二次联考英语试卷(带解析)
People who put a smiley face at the end of a message, in an attempt to show feeling, show no feeling. I wish there was a symbol for two fingers in the air.I had some bad news this week. My manager informed me of this news via email. It was like hearing about the death of a loved one via pigeon. Bad news should only ever be delivered face to face or voice to voice.We seem to celebrate our numerous methods of communication, but really there is no communication at all. I talk to my plants more than I talk to my neighbors, I get text messages that take me three hours to read because they’re written like this: “Hi, I ope you av a gr8 day. Call me La8tr.” I had an email from someone this week that read, “Da ut ov 2day are really annoying me!” Ut? I had to say this 20 times before I understood it. Youth has now become ut. Haven’t we taken enough from them—now we have to take their letters?I had an email recently from a girl who used to live over the road from me as a child. She wrote, “Hi Shazia, howz u? Im sure u used 2 live across the road from me. We sumtimes played tennis 2 gever at the park and you was in your eliment. I am married now wif 3 daughters.” Then, to my horror, she ended the email with: “Im now teachin in Leeds. Luv Clare.”Teaching? With English like this. It’s like saying you’re a train driver when you’ve never seen a train. It was like reading modern Morse code.Getting bad news via email makes it seem so much worse than it actually is. Just a few lines, no emotion, no comfort, not really an explanation. Just a few cold hard words. It’s an excuse. Just write a few words and the problem of delivering it is no longer yours. A close friend recently told me she was very happy to announce she was getting married—and made the announcement by email. I don’t know how she didn’t fall off her chair with excitement while writing it. If you are really happy or really sad to announce something important, wouldn’t you like a human reaction? Some euphoria, elation, tears, a punch in the face?I receive long text messages every day with information and explanations that I don’t bother reading. They’re boring, and annoy me. In the time it took someone to write me three laborious texts, they could have called, spoken to me, made some tea. People who put a smiley face at the end of a sentence, in an attempt to show feeling, show no feeling. I wish there was a symbol for two fingers in the air, because that’s the one I’d send back.The telegram has been responsible for reporting world-shattering events when there were very few other options(选择权). Now we have options, and people opt for the least humane one. My mum, in an attempt to get down with the ut of today, asked me to teach her to text. Now she constantly texts me in block capitals, so it looks as if she is still angry and annoyed with me after all these years.People don’t even write by hand any more. My doctor prints out prescriptio even my mechanic prints out a receipt. I get typed Christmas cards and my friends send me emails. I get very excited when hand-written letters come through my door, only because they rarely do.When I was at school, the girls used to write letters to each other, even though we sat side by side and spoke to one another all day. I think it was a way of expressing private things we were afraid to say when we were 14 and too shy. We used to write things like, “You are my best friend, can’t wait to sit next to you in math.”I miss the personal method of communication. Once the pen was mightier than the sword, now it seems the keyboard is mightier than the pen.【小题1】We can learn from paragraph 3 and paragraph 4 that the writer wants to say ________.A.the spelling mistakes in the messages make her very annoyedB.only writing letters will bring friends and neighbors much closerC.she talks to plants more because no one shares her joys and sorrowsD.gestures and the pen can express a lot more than the cold keyboard 【小题2】According to the writer, which of the following can support her opinion?A.She has been separated from all his classmates many years.B.No doctors write prescriptions by hand because of computers.C.In communication, we should write more letters than send messages.D.Less shy than school girls, boys rarely write letters to their friends.【小题3】According to the passage, we can conclude that ________.A.the writer is a person full of emotions and treasures friendship and affectionsB.the writer becomes excited when she gets priceless gifts from other peopleC.her classmates would write to each other because they couldn’t send messagesD.people put a smiley face at the end of a message just to show they are happy【小题4】What message is conveyed in the passage?A.The writer wastes much time in reading many rubbish text messages every day.B.Few people can write letters well in modern society owing to texting messages.C.Now people are too busy to communicate with each other face to face often.D.The writer prefers personal communication rather than electronic equipment.【小题5】Why does the writer mention the telegram?A.Because she thinks the annoyance of reading text messages is originated from it.B.Because we have more options to keep in touch with each other than ever before.C.Because advanced technology partly takes the blame for lacking the human touch.D.Because she thinks humans today become colder with the development of society.【小题6】Which of the following best describe the tone of this passage?A.Optimistic.B.Critic.C.Sympathetic.D.Pessimistic.
来源:学年浙江省杭州市高一下学期第一次质量检测英语卷
题型:完型填空
完形填空(共20小题,每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从31-50各题所给的四个选项中选出最佳答案。
There was once
a boy who suffered from a deadly disease and could die anytime. One day, he
31& a CD store and saw a young girl about his age and he knew it was
love at first &32& . He opened the door and walked in. she
looked up and asked, “ 33& I help you?”
He said, “Uh…Yeah…Umm…I
would like to &34& a CD.”
He picked one
out and gave her &35& for it.
“Would you
like me to &36& it for you?” she asked, smiling her cute
smile.
He nodded and
she went to the back.
She came_37_with
the wrapped CD and gave it to him. _38& , he went to that store
every day and bought a CD. He was still too 39& to ask her out and
he really wanted to. His mother found out about this and &40 &him
to just ask her.
So the next
day, he took all his courage and went to the store. He bought a CD 41& he
did every day and when she wasn’t looking, he &42 &his phone
number on the desk and ran out…
RING…The
mother &43 &the phone and said, “Hello?”
It was the
girl! She asked for the boy and the mother started to cry and said, “He passed&
44& &&yesterday…”
The mother
went into the boy’s room. She was face to face with piles and piles of &45
CDs. She picked one up and started to open it.
46& , there was a CD and as took it out of the
wrapper, out 47& a piece of paper. The mother picked it up and
started to read it.
It 48&
: Hi…I think U R really cute. Do U wanna go out with me? Love, Jacelyn.
The mother
opened &49& CD…Again there was a piece of paper with the&
50& words.
1. A. examined
B. admired
D. searched
2. A. sight
B. thought
C. attempt
3. A. Must
4. A. enjoy
5.A. attention
D. service
6. A. wrap
7. A. across
8.A. Ever since&
B. From then on
C. In addition
D. In case
B. anxious
C. eager&&
10. A. forbad
B. discouraged
11. A. since
C. because
12.A. left
B. dropped
13.A. picked out
B. held on
C. picked up
D. rang up
15.A. used
B. ordered
D. unopened
16.A. Inside
B. Outside&
C. Instead
D. Somewhere
47. A. flew
D. appeared
17. A. wrote
D. underlined
18. A. other
D. another
19. A. different
B. encouraging
D. exciting
People who put a smiley face at the end of a message, in an attempt to show feeling, show no feeling. I wish there was a symbol for two fingers in the air.I had some bad news this week. My manager informed me of this news via email. It was like hearing about the death of a loved one via pigeon. Bad news should only ever be delivered face to face or voice to voice.We seem to celebrate our numerous methods of communication, but really there is no communication at all. I talk to my plants more than I talk to my neighbors, I get text messages that take me three hours to read because they’re written like this: “Hi, I ope you av a gr8 day. Call me La8tr.” I had an email from someone this week that read, “Da ut ov 2day are really annoying me!” Ut? I had to say this 20 times before I understood it. Youth has now become ut. Haven’t we taken enough from them—now we have to take their letters?I had an email recently from a girl who used to live over the road from me as a child. She wrote, “Hi Shazia, howz u? Im sure u used 2 live across the road from me. We sumtimes played tennis 2 gever at the park and you was in your eliment. I am married now wif 3 daughters.” Then, to my horror, she ended the email with: “Im now teachin in Leeds. Luv Clare.”Teaching? With English like this. It’s like saying you’re a train driver when you’ve never seen a train. It was like reading modern Morse code.Getting bad news via email makes it seem so much worse than it actually is. Just a few lines, no emotion, no comfort, not really an explanation. Just a few cold hard words. It’s an excuse. Just write a few words and the problem of delivering it is no longer yours. A close friend recently told me she was very happy to announce she was getting married—and made the announcement by email. I don’t know how she didn’t fall off her chair with excitement while writing it. If you are really happy or really sad to announce something important, wouldn’t you like a human reaction? Some euphoria, elation, tears, a punch in the face?I receive long text messages every day with information and explanations that I don’t bother reading. They’re boring, and annoy me. In the time it took someone to write me three laborious texts, they could have called, spoken to me, made some tea. People who put a smiley face at the end of a sentence, in an attempt to show feeling, show no feeling. I wish there was a symbol for two fingers in the air, because that’s the one I’d send back.The telegram has been responsible for reporting world-shattering events when there were very few other options(选择权). Now we have options, and people opt for the least humane one. My mum, in an attempt to get down with the ut of today, asked me to teach her to text. Now she constantly texts me in block capitals, so it looks as if she is still angry and annoyed with me after all these years.People don’t even write by hand any more. My doctor prints out prescriptio even my mechanic prints out a receipt. I get typed Christmas cards and my friends send me emails. I get very excited when hand-written letters come through my door, only because they rarely do.When I was at school, the girls used to write letters to each other, even though we sat side by side and spoke to one another all day. I think it was a way of expressing private things we were afraid to say when we were 14 and too shy. We used to write things like, “You are my best friend, can’t wait to sit next to you in math.”I miss the personal method of communication. Once the pen was mightier than the sword, now it seems the keyboard is mightier than the pen.1.We can learn from paragraph 3 and paragraph 4 that the writer wants to say ________.A.the spelling mistakes in the messages make her very annoyedB.only writing letters will bring friends and neighbors much closerC.she talks to plants more because no one shares her joys and sorrowsD.gestures and the pen can express a lot more than the cold keyboard2.According to the writer, which of the following can support her opinion?A.She has been separated from all his classmates many years.B.No doctors write prescriptions by hand because of computers.C.In communication, we should write more letters than send messages.D.Less shy than school girls, boys rarely write letters to their friends.3.According to the passage, we can conclude that ________.A.the writer is a person full of emotions and treasures friendship and affectionsB.the writer becomes excited when she gets priceless gifts from other peopleC.her classmates would write to each other because they couldn’t send messagesD.people put a smiley face at the end of a message just to show they are happy4.What message is conveyed in the passage?A.The writer wastes much time in reading many rubbish text messages every day.B.Few people can write letters well in modern society owing to texting messages.C.Now people are too busy to communicate with each other face to face often.D.The writer prefers personal communication rather than electronic equipment.5.Why does the writer mention the telegram?A.Because she thinks the annoyance of reading text messages is originated from it.B.Because we have more options to keep in touch with each other than ever before.C.Because advanced technology partly takes the blame for lacking the human touch.D.Because she thinks humans today become colder with the development of society.6.Which of the following best describe the tone of this passage?A.Optimistic.B.Critic.C.Sympathetic.D.Pessimistic.by Eric Charles
I have a question about a confusing situation. Here are some stats. I’m 38, my guy is 42. Both of us have never been married and have no kids. I met this guy online almost two months ago. We live about 50 miles away but decided that is no issue. He’s great! He is always telling me how much he likes me, I’m a sweetheart, how much fun he has with me, he feels so comfortable with me and how our sexual chemistry is just awesome. (We had sex on the first date, BTW, don’t know if that would make a huge difference.)
We spend every weekend together and usually one night during the week and he calls or texts me everyday just to say hi.
One month in, I asked him what he thought about being exclusive. He said he wants to take it slow and really get to know me and- much to my dismay- he has gone on dates with other women. I told him fine but I didn’t want to be casual forever and that I hadn’t been dating but will start if we’re not serious. I also told him if he didn’t see things going anywhere, he needed to let me know and I would do the same for him.
Well, almost a month later, he makes sure to lock in the weekend plans with me early in the week and always has something fun and exciting planned. He continues to come over during the week and still contacts me daily.
Do you think we have a chance at becoming serious? What’s with the taking it slow and the dates with other women? Should I ask him about being exclusive again and if so, when?
See our guy’s response after the jump!
Do I think you have a chance at becoming serious?
Yes, you have a chance. I have known people who started out dating casually and ended up as a committed, exclusive couple.
In fact, one couple comes to mind that had similar stats as you described, though they did not live far apart – probably only a 10 mile drive from one another.
They were honest with each other about where their heads were and what they were looking for.
In the end, the guy realized that he was far more fulfilled with this woman than any other woman he had been seeing.
The woman was seeing another man as well at that time, but that guy couldn’t handle the idea of her being casually in a relationship with him so he broke it off.
They ended up dating for several years until she died of a medical complication.
My friend would have married her if their time wasn’t cut short by misfortune.
Sorry to be a downer, but I do think it is worth noting that the relationship they had together was incredibly strong even when times were tough.
And again, it started casually.
I think the question worth asking yourself here is what you are OK with accepting as a relationship.
I want to be clear that I am not trying to steer you in one direction or another – I am just inviting you to think about it because clarity on what you really want usually ends up solving the problem in the end.
Are you OK with him casually seeing women at this stage or is it a deal breaker?
I know you mentioned that you eventually want it to be “serious” so how long are you willing to wait if you do want to stick around?
Do you want to date casually during the time that he’s dating casually or did you say that to establish a fair playing field without intending to act on it?
I would say get clear on those questions before making a decision.
With that said, I am going to answer your next question…
In terms of him wanting to “take it slow” and dating other women, my comment is that he is doing what he wants to be doing at the moment. I am not trying to brush off your comment.
What I am saying here is that his life’s been going on for 42 years before meeting you and it seems like he’s decided that this is how he wants to have his relationships at this point in his life.
There could be countless reasons why he feels this way, but frankly it’s not worth your time and energy trying to psychoanalyze him.
It sounds like you like him a lot on many levels and over time you’ll start to learn more about where he’s at.
In the cases of the people that I have known who started off casually and ended up in relationships, they wanted to be sure and they felt that the only way they could be was if they had total freedom and choice when they were deciding on who they wanted to be with.
In other words, they felt that if they jumped into being monogamous they would have felt “trapped” into having to choose the other person since they had no freedom to choose them over other people at that time.
You might not agree with their logic, but I have met men and women who have stated this rationale.
At the same time, who knows, maybe he’s a womanizer/serial dater.
If you like him, your best bet is to stick around and really get to know him.
Pursue getting to know him in depth, not just the charm.
If he’s bad for you, you will be able to see it if you make an effort to get to know who he is on a deeper level and that can take time.
As for asking him about being exclusive at some point down the line, you should hold off unless you are at a breaking point.
Exclusivity isn’t something you want to pester him about.
Believe me, once a guy has heard it once from a woman he’s seeing, he knows that there’s no turning back – he knows that as long as they keep seeing each other
she will want to be exclusive.
If you reach a point where you can’t live with the relationship in its current state, then you should definitely bring it up.
At the same time, if you would be willing to go on accepting the situation even if he says no, you are better off not saying it since:
a) He already knows you want to be exclusive and you still aren’t.
b) He would make the move to be exclusive if that’s what he wanted at that moment anyway, given that he already knows you want it.
c) He’ll know that you’re telling him you need one thing, but you actually are willing to accept not having it.
Rather than thinking about when and how to have conversations about what you want, I would recommend that you focus on really having a great time when you’re together. Have a clear idea of what you want and what your “bottom line” is in terms of what you’ll accept in the relationship and have an “exit strategy” if he just doesn’t come around in time.
Basically, look out for yourself, be a totally positive presence in the guy’s life and know what you need to be happy.
Hope that helps.
-eric charles
Recent Relationship Forum Activity
2 minutes ago
6 minutes ago
9 minutes ago
11 minutes ago
32 minutes ago
38 minutes ago
39 minutes ago
52 minutes ago
1 hour, 21 minutes ago
Sign up for ourfree newsletterand get a free chapterof our book,&He's NotThat Complicated&
follow a new mode

我要回帖

更多关于 it week 的文章

随机推荐