sometimbodies we wantt t...

小题1:B小题2:A小题3:B小题4:C小题5:A小题6:A小题7:B小题8:A小题9:C小题10:A试题分析:这篇短文讲述的是朋友的重要性。我们每个人都需要朋友,虽然朋友之间有时也会闹矛盾,但是他们还会重归于好的。有朋友的人比没有朋友的人活得更长,因为他们更快乐。小题1:考查动词及语境的理解。句意:有一个朋友可以一起谈话、一起笑、一起做事情是非常好的一件事。本句使用的句型是It is +adj. +to do sth.,意为:做某事是…的。在这个句型中,it 是一个形式主语,真正的主语是动词不定式。故选B。小题2:考查介词及语境的理解。句意:当然,有时候我们需要一个人呆着,我们并不总是想让人们在周围。around 在周围;away 离开;all over 整个,全部。根据这个空的前一句话可知,有时候我们愿意一个人呆着,所以不想人们在我们周围。故选A。小题3:考查形容词及语境的理解。句意:但是如果我们从来就没有朋友,我们就会感到孤独。happy 快乐的,幸福的;lonely 孤独的;badly 糟糕的。根据这句话的意思可知,没有朋友是孤独的。故选B。小题4:考查形容词及语境的理解。句意:没有两个人是一样的。different 不同的;kind 善良的,友好的;the same 一样的。下句话中说到,朋友们有时候也会相处的不好,由此可知,朋友们之间也会闹矛盾,所以人跟人是不一样的。故选D。小题5:考查副词及语境的理解。句意:那并不意味着他们不互相喜欢了。no longer 不再;not any longer 不再。使用时not放在句中谓语动词的附近,any longer 放在句末;not 不,不是。 根据句意可知,即使朋友之间闹矛盾了,也并不就意味着他们互相不喜欢了。故选A。小题6:考查名词及语境的理解。句意:大多数时候他们会言归于好,重新成为朋友。friends 朋友;good 好的;pleased高兴的。根据上文的文意可知,朋友之间有时候也会闹矛盾,但是他们会重归于好,重新再成为朋友。故选A。小题7:考查形容词及语境的理解。句意:有时候朋友会搬走,然后我们会非常的伤心,我们会非常的想念他们。angry 生气的;sad 伤心的;happy 快乐的。根据句意可知,当朋友搬走的时候,我们会感到伤心。故选B。小题8:考查动词及语境的理解。句意:我们会非常的想念他们,我们可以给他们打电话或写信。call sb. 给某人打电话;ask 问;tell 告诉。根据句意可知,朋友离开我们的时候,我们会非常想念他们,那么我们可以用打电话和写信的方式和朋友继续联系。故选A。小题9:考查动词及语境的理解。句意:我们也可以交新的朋友。know 知道,认识;find 找到;make 制造;make friends 交朋友。根据文意可知,当朋友离开的时候,我们除了可以和他们继续联系之外,还可以再交新的朋友。故选C。小题10:考查形容词及语境的理解。句意:有朋友的人比没有朋友的人活的更长。为什么?可能是因为他们更快乐。三个选项中都是比较级的形式,happier 更快乐;stronger 更强壮;kinder 更善良。根据下句话中Being happy helps you stay well可知,这里应该是说有朋友的人比没有朋友的人更快乐。故选A。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
My name is Sandra. I have a brother. _____ name is Tom. We like different sports. I like playing_____. it is fun. I like tennis. too. ___ I don’t like basketball. it is____. my brother_____ basketball. He has four basketballs. He_____ basketball every day. We like different______. I like eggs , apples and hamburgers____ breakfast and dinner. I have lunch at school with my classmates. I like_____,meat and a bottle of juice for lunch. Tom likes oranges ,chicken and carrots. We are_____ because we often play sports and eat good food.小题1:A.HeB.SheC.HerD.His小题2:A.volleyballB.TVC.watchD.oranges小题3:A.AndB.WhatC.butD.of小题4:A.funB.difficultC.interestingD.fine小题5:A.likesB.don’t likeC.likeD.doesn’t like小题6:A.looksB.knowsC.playsD.has小题7:A.foodB.booksC.colorsD.classes小题8:A.inB.onC.forD.at小题9:A.beefsB.potatosC.sweetD.potatoes小题10:A.boring B.he althyC.greatD.relaxing
题型:阅读理解
Last week, Mrs.Milly went to London. She does not know London very well, and she lost her way. Suddenly, she saw a man near a bus stop. “I can ask him the way,”she said to herself. “Excuse me, ”she said . “Can you tell me the way to King Street, please?” The man smiled happily. He did not understand English! He is a tourist.&&&Then he put his hand into his pocket ( 口袋 ), and took out a phrasebook (常用语手册). He opened the book and found a phrase. He read the phrase slowly. “I am sorry,” he said. “I do not speak English.”根据文章判断正误.(正确的写A,错误的写 B& ,文章未提到的写NM)小题1:Mrs Milly went to London last week.小题2:Mrs Milly asked a man the way to a bus stop.小题3:The man didn’t know the way to King Street.小题4:The man was a tourist and he knew English well.小题5:The phrasebook was in the hand of the man.
题型:完形填空
Long ago, there was a mother and a son living in a house. She worked hard everyday,&&&&&they were always poor.  One day, her son stole his friend's&&&&&. "Mom, what do you think of this bag?" His mother praised(表扬)her son&&&&&&scolding(责骂)him. "It looks great!"  The next time, he stole an overcoat. She praised him again &&&&&&he stole it.  A few years later, he &&&&&&to be a young man. He stole jewelry and&&&&&&them to his mother. "How&&&&&!" This time, she did not scold her son again.  Then, because he was&&&&&scolded by his mother, he started to steal more expensive things. One day, the police&&&&&&him. Before putting him in &&&&&&, he begged the police to meet his mother. They took him to his mother.  As soon as he saw his mother, he &&&&&&&her earlobe(耳垂). "Ouch! What's the matter with you?" She finally scolded him. Her son answered, "&&&&&you had given me a scolding like that when I stole the first bag, I could not have become a thief."The mother’s &&&&&&was broken as she looked at her son heading to prison. "If I only could _&&&time, I would scold him strictly." She regretted(后悔) that she always praised him,&&&&&&he did.小题1:A.butB.andC.orD.then小题2:A.bagB.watchC.bikeD.book小题3:A.because ofB.instead ofC.becauseD.instead小题4:A.beforeB.sinceC.whenD.until小题5:A.put upB.looked upC.got upD.grew up小题6:A.broughtB.putC.toldD.bought小题7:A.beautifulB.terribleC.usefulD.kind小题8:A.oftenB.neverC.sometimesD.always小题9:A.heardB.lookedC.caughtD.searched小题10:A.hospitalB.schoolC.hotelD.prison小题11:A.bitB.hitC.tookD.ate小题12:A.IfB.UnlessC.ThoughD.Although小题13:A.eyeB.heartC.mouthD.ear小题14:A.turn onB.turn offC.turn backD.turn down小题15:A.whereverB.whoeverC.wheneverD.whatever
Nancy is an English school girl. She studies in a middle school. She has a little brother. His name is John. John is only four. Nancy likes him very much.   Today is Sunday. Nancy wants to do her homework. She takes out her pencil-box and opens it. “Oh, dear! where’s my pen? “She can’t find her pen. She goes to ask her brother in his bedroom.   “John! I can’t find my pen. Can you see. . . Oh, what are you doing with my pen? ”  “I’m writing to my friend, Peter. “ John answers.   “But how can you? You don’t know how to write! ”“It doesn’t matter. Peter can’t read. ” John says. 小题1:How old is Nancy’s brother? A.FiveB.FourC.SixD.Three小题2:________ can’t find her pen. A.NancyB.PeterC.JohnD.Friend小题3:Where’s John? A.In the school.B.In a shop.C.In his bedroom.D.In her father’s car.小题4:Which is not right?A.Nancy finds her pen in John’s room.B.John can’t write.C.John is writing with her sister’s pen.D.Peter can read.小题5:John and Peter are ________.A.friendsB.EnglishC.at homeD.school girls
I’m Mingming. I am from Beijing. I have a pet in my home. It’s very beautiful. It has a red mouth and big eyes. Its“coat”& has many colors. It can fly(飞),and it can speak both English and Chinese. It’s my good friend. Sometimes(有时) I play with it . I like it a lot .小题1:Does Mingming have a good friend at home .A、Yes, he does&&& B. No, he doesn’t&&&& C. Yes, he have小题2:What does the pet look like ?A. It has a wide mouth and small eyes B. It looks colorful (多彩的)C. Its head is long.小题3:The pet can ____________.A. swim&&& B. write&&&&&& C. fly 小题4:The pet can speak _____________.A. English&& B. Chinese& C.& both A and B小题5:What is the pet?A. A cat&&&& B. A dog&& C. A parrot(鹦鹉)
Too much TV-watching can harm children’s ability to learn and even reduce their chances of getting a college degree,new studies suggest in the latest effort to examine the effects of television on children. One of the studies looked at nearly 400 northern California third-graders.Those with TVs in their bedrooms scored about eight points 1ower on math and language arts tests than children without bedroom TVs. A second study, looking at nearly 1000 grown-ups in New Zealand,found lower education levels among 26-year-olds who had watched lots of TV during childhood.But the results don’t prove that TV is the cause and don’t rule out (排除) that already poorly motivated (有动机的) youngsters may watch lots of TV. Their study measured the TV habits of 26- year-olds between ages 5 and 15.Those with college degrees had watched an average of less than two hours of TV per weeknight during childhood,compared with an average of more than 2.5 hours for those who had no education beyond high schoo1s.&&& ‘ In the California study, children with TVs in their rooms but no computer at home scored the lowest,while those with no bedroom TV but who had home computers scored the highest. While this study does not prove that bedroom TV sets caused the lower scores,it adds to accumulating(增加) findings that children shouldn’t have TVs in their bedrooms.小题1:According to the California study, the low-scoring group might &&&&.A.have watched a lot of TVB.not be interested in mathC.be unable to go to collegeD.have had computers in their bedrooms小题2:What is the researchers’ understanding of the New Zealand study results?A.Poorly motivated 26-year-olds watch more TVB.Habits of TV watching reduce learning interest.C.TV watching leads to lower education levels of the 15-year-olds.D.The connection between TV and education levels is difficult to explain.小题3:What Can we 1earn from the last two paragraphs?A.More time should be spent on computers.B.Children should be forbidden from watching TV.C.TV sets shouldn’t be allowed in children’s bedrooms.D.Further studies on high-achieving students should be done.小题4:What would be the best title for this text?A.Computers or TelevisionB.Effects of Television on ChildrenC.Studies on TV and College EducationD.Television and Children’s Learning Habits
What do you think Americans in the early twentieth century () did on weekends? What do they do on weekends now?Then Once upon a time,
people spent lots of time at home on weekends. Then new inventions changed
the weekends. People used electric(电动的) streetcars to travel in cities. On weekends, they rode the
streetcars to parks. Young people liked roller coasters.(过山车)The first movie lasted only one minute. Soon movies lasted longer.
In the 1920s, movie theaters sold millions of tickets each week. In 1927,
movies eventually(最终) had sound. Sometimes, people
stayed at home instead, and listened to another new invention—radio. People
in cities worked indoors during the week, so they wanted to be outdoors on
weekends. Bicycling became a popular activity.Now
With more time, money and inventions, people have many more choices.They can visit
large parks like Disney World and ride modern roller coaster that go higher
and faster than ever before. They can choose from lots of different movies at
a multiplex (a building with many movie theaters) or watch a video at home.
Many people jog (慢跑),
bicycle, work out at the gym, or play sports. Others turn on their TV and
watch sports.小题1:Before the early twentieth century, Americans used to spend their weekends&&&&&& .A.at homeB.in the theaterC.outdoorsD.in the park小题2:What do you know about the first movie ?A.It had no soundB.It got longerC.It sold wellD.It lasted minutes小题3:The best title of the text is &&&&.A.Many More ChoicesB.The New Invention C.The Popular ActivitiesD.The Changing Weekend
(A) Hong Kong Harbor
Cruise By NightEnjoy your
wonderful dinner on the ferry(渡船)andsee the fantastic
city lightsTime: 7:00 p.m.-10: 00 p.m. dailyPrice:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
with dinner&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
without dinner
Adult:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
HK$300&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&HK$120
Child under
12:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
$210&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
HK$84Start\Stop:
Kowloon Pulic Pier (Near Star Ferry Pier)Ticket Office:
Star Company(123 Canton Road)小题1:The cruise(海上航游) will begin__________.A.at seven in the morningB.at seven in the evening C.at ten in the morningD.at ten at night小题2:Mr. King will see______ during the cruise.A.trees B.buildings
C.bridges
D.fantastic city lights小题3:Helen wants to have dinner on the ferry with her son, 14 and her daughter, 10, they should pay______.A.HK $ 810 B.HK$204 C.HK$324 D.HK$510
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!Why We Don’t Always Get What We Want
Announcement: Wish you could change the past? Learn to let go and create a life you love with !
“Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”
~Dalai Lama
It’s probably happened to you. In all likelihood, it has happened multiple times in your life thus far.
You don’t understand why it happens. And when it does, it can throw you into the deepest valleys of despair.
Perhaps you cry out to a higher power to make things better. Maybe you just stare into the cosmos, wondering what the meaning of life is and .
I’ve been there. Many times. And for all sorts of reasons.
Breakups, career problems, dealing with a death, financial issues, there are a million things that can put you into this frame of mind.
You know what you want more than anything, but no matter what you do, the universe just doesn’t seem to give it to you. Why? Why can’t things just be easier, simpler? Why can’t things get better?
Why can’t we get what we want?
A few years ago I was going through an extremely difficult time in my life. My fiancé of four years had broken up with me. Over the phone.
No visit. No long talk about how we could maybe work it out. She just told me she couldn’t do it anymore.
And just like that, I was thrown into that valley.
I spent the next few months searching for answers. I read through different religious texts, self-help sites, and scientific books. I prayed, I meditated, and I even tried to visualize the thing that I wanted the most.
I just wanted my fiancé back.
My work suffered at my job, though I didn’t notice. It took an old friend, one of my bosses, calling me into his office and having an honest conversation for me to realize that I was basically coasting through the weeks.
In the evenings, I was plagued by dreams of my ex. In them, we were happy and together.
Everything had worked out.
Of course, I always woke up in the middle of the night, sweating and crying. Yeah, woke up crying.
I was raised to believe in a higher power. But during those nights of torture, I found myself pounding my pillow and begging him/her to make everything better.
Nothing ever got better, though.
Talks with friends yielded no good counsel. As a student of the Psychological sciences, and a counselor myself, their cliché words only served to frustrate me.
“There’s a reason for everything,” “if it’s meant to be,” “time heals all wounds,” the more I heard their fortune cookie advice, the angrier I became.
And the whole time, I continued to beg the higher power to fix everything.
One day at my job, I was talking to one of the teachers I worked with. She was a huge fan of Native American history and had an interesting perspective on my predicament.
She suggested that I go on a vision quest.
I’d done one of these when I was in graduate school as part of an assignment. We had studied the ancient technique the natives used when they were searching for answers, so I was pretty familiar with the process.
If you don’t know what a vision quest is, you go out to a place where all you can do is observe the world around you and focus intensely on the thoughts that come as a result.
This time, though, the stakes were much higher than on my previous quest.
I decided to do it on a weekend and woke up the following Saturday morning with one mission in mind: to find answers.
The former capital of the Cherokee nation was only twenty minutes from my house, now set aside as a state park. I figured what better place to do a vision quest than where the Native Americans used to live?
It was a chilly morning, and the forests surrounding the historical site were thick with fog as I began my walk.
I stopped at various points along the way to meditate and pray. There was one spot next to a gentle brook where I watched the birds and squirrels scurrying about their day, mirroring the many thoughts and feelings rushing around in my head.
While nature was peaceful around me, a storm still raged in my heart centering around a single question: why can’t I have what I want?
I continued the walk, writing down every thought and emotion that came to my mind. Minutes turned into hours and, as I neared the fourth hour of my quest, I decided it was getting close to time for me to leave. Empty handed.
I neared the top of a ridge at the edge of the sacred land and looked up into the leafy canopy of the forest. Poplar, oak, and maple leaves hung silently above me.
“I just want to know why you won’t fix this for me,” I said out loud, bitterly.
Suddenly, my mind was whisked back to the school where I work to a point a few weeks before and a conversation I’d had with one of my students. I’d walked into the computer classroom to see what everyone was working on that day and he’d gotten my attention.
“Hey, can you fix my grade in this class so I can pass?”
The question caught me off guard and I laughed. “Yeah, I can do that,” I surprised him with my answer. As a school counselor, I have access to that kind of stuff.
His face became hopeful. “You can?”
I went on to explain to him that I could do that, but I wouldn’t.
He asked why.
I told him it was because if I fixed everything for him like that, he would never learn anything.
My brain zipped back to the moment, standing on the forest trail. The realization punched me in the face like Mike Tyson in his prime.
A smile crept onto my face. Then I began to laugh and looked back up into the treetops.
A robust breeze rolled in, waving the high branches around dramatically.
I continued to smile as I spun around staring dizzily into the rustling leaves.
That was it. If someone or something always fixed everything for me all the time, I would never learn anything. More than that, I would never be able to do anything for myself in life. I would always be dependent on someone or something else to make things better for me.
I would never be able to learn another language, live in a foreign environment, try new foods or activities, or grow as a person in any way.
Sometimes in life, the things that happen along the way can be difficult and often, they can be extremely painful. We must push through those moments where all seems lost. When we do, we can find a new us on the other side that is more beautiful and wise than we every imagined.
By working through these difficult changes in life, we grow into something new, better, stronger.
To paraphrase what the Rolling Stones said: You can’t always get what you want. But you get what you need.
About Ernest Dempsey is a Counselor and fiction author from Chattanooga, Tennessee. You can check out his books or his powerful blog posts at
or follow him on Twitter @. |
See a typo, an inaccuracy, or something offensive? Please
so we can fix it!
Announcement: Tired of feeling stuck? Learn to let go of the past and create a life you love with !
Did you enjoy this post? Please share the wisdom :)
Related posts:
Join the Tiny Buddha list for daily or weekly emails and receive 92 Life Lessons for free.
Free Download: Buddha Desktop Wallpaper
Recent Forum Topics
Fun & Inspiring
GET MORE .
Latest Posts
Who Runs Tiny Buddha?
Though I run this site, it is not mine. It's ours. It's not about me. It's about us. Your stories and your wisdom are just as meaningful as mine. .
Get More Tiny Buddha
Credits & Copyright
Hosting by .
Design by .
Copyright & 2016
Tiny Buddha, LLC
Remember Me
Looking for ?

我要回帖

更多关于 bodies we want 的文章

随机推荐