The telephone number1歌词...

英语翻译Mrs.Jone’s telephone number was 3463,and the number of the cinema in her town was 3464,so people often made a mistake when they wanted the cinema.One evening the telephone bell rang and Mrs.Jones answered it.A tired man said,“At what time does your last film begin?”“I’m sorry,” said Mrs.Jones,“but you have the wrong number.This is not the cinema.”“Oh,it began twenty minutes ago,” said the man.“I’m sorry about that.Goodbye.”Mrs.Jones was very surprised,so she told her husband.Mr.Jones laughed and said,“The man’s wife wanted to go to the cinema,but he was feeling tired,so he telephoned the cinema.His wife heard him,but she didn’t hear you.Now they will stay at home this evening,and the husband will be happy!”
狮子爱哥405
琼家里的电话号码是3463,她住的镇上电影院的电话号码是3464,所以人们经常在打电话去电影院时会打到她家里.一天晚上,琼家的电话铃响了,琼接的.电话里是个疲惫男人的声音:“你们最后一场电影几点开始?”琼答道:“对不起,你打错号码了,这儿不是电影院.”那个男人说:“哦,20分钟之前就开始了.对不起,拜拜.”琼觉得很奇怪,所以她就把这事告诉她丈夫.她丈夫笑道:“那个家伙的老婆想去看电影,但他很累了,然后他就打电话给电影院.他老婆能听到他说的话,但听不到你说的.今晚他们将待在家里了,而那个丈夫会很开心(因为他成功地骗过了妻子,所以不用陪她去了).”
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
锺夫人的电话号码为3463 ,以及有多少个电影院,在她的城市是3464年,所以人们常常犯了一个错误,当他们想要电影院。 一天晚上,电话铃响了贝尔和琼斯太太回答了。疲惫的男子说, "在什么时候是否你的最后一个电影开始" ? "我很抱歉,说: "琼斯太太, "可是你有错号码。这不是电影" 。 "哦,它开始20分钟前, "说,这名男子。 "我很遗憾。再见" 。 琼...
扫描下载二维码如果做好了心理准备一切准备都已经完成——莎士比亚专业英语四级考试
1.选择试题2.注册/登陆3.开始答题4.提交试卷5.查看成绩6.答案解析
您的位置:&& && && && 试卷题库内容
试题来源:
1小题>In the first paragraph, the telephone number is cited to showA many customers didn't keep their privacy confidential.B it is harmful to give a store clerk a telephone number.C careless disposal of personal information can be harmful.D customers should inquire its use when giving telephone numbers to others.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,2小题>What do companies like Acxiom and Merlin do?A Compile telephone directories for businessmen.B Collect and sell personal information to make a profit.C Trade commodities like corn on the market.D Crack down crimes like stealing private information.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,3小题>From Paragraph 3, we learn thatA cases of privacy intrusion happen only in large institutions.B people are quite aware of how their privacy is intruded.C it is not privacy intrusion when a wife glances at her husband's cell phone.D Bill Gates' email messages were cited as evidence against him.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,4小题>It can be inferred from the fourth paragraph that the author thinksA Americans are actually concerned about privacy issues.B Americans are indifferent to privacy concerns.C Americans are very frank about privacy concerns.D Americans are puzzled about privacy concerns.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,5小题>Which of the following is the author's viewpoint?A Never give your private information to anyone.B People should pay more attention to their privacy issues.C Do not surrender your email to any website,D It does no good saying &I have nothing to hide&.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,
您可能感兴趣的试题
第&1&题:Reading Comprehension (Comprehension): ()I have known very few writers, but those I have known, and whom I respected, confess at once that they have little idea where they are going when they first set pen to paper. They have a character, they are in that condition of eager discomfort which pa all admit radical changes of destination once t one, to my certain knowledge, spent nine months on a novel about Kashmir, then reset the whole thing in the Scottish Highlands. I never heard of anyone making a &skeleton&, as we were taught at school. In the breaking and remaking, in the timing, interweaving, beginning afresh, the writer comes to discern things in his material which were not consciously in his mind when he began.
This organic process, often leading to moments of extraordinary self-discovery, is of an indescribable fascination. A blurred image appears, he adds a brushstroke and another, but something was there, and he will not rest till he has captured it. Sometimes the yeast within a writer outlives a book he has written. I have heard of writers who read nothing but their own books, like adolescents they stand before the mirror, and still cannot fathom the exact outline of the vision before them. For the same reason, writers talk interminably about their own books, winkling out hidden meanings, superimposing new ones, begging response from those around them.
Of course a writer doing this is misunderstood: he might as well try to explain a crime or a love affair. He is also, incidentally, an nnforgivable bore. This temptation to cover the distance between himself and the reader, to study his image in the sight of those who do not know him, can be his undoing: he has begun to write to please.
A young English writer made the pertinent observation a year or two back that the talent goes into the first draft, and the art into the drafts that follow. For this reason also the writer, like any other artist, has no resting place, no crowd or movement in which he may take comfort, no judgment from outside which can replace the judgment from within. A writer makes order out of the
he submits himself to a more ruthless discipline than any critic dreamed of, and when he flirts with fame, he is taking time off from living with himself, from the search for what his world contains at its inmost point.1小题>The writers that the author is familiar with confess that they wouldA work out the ending of a novel in advance.B follow the writing methods learned at school.C remodel the main character in writing.D make changes to the stories they first construct.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,2小题>According to the passage, the process of writingA depends on skillful planning.B is predictable and methodological.C depends on the writers' experiences.D is disorderly and unsystemati正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,3小题>The word &undoing& in the third paragraph probably suggestsA success.B happiness.C failure.D sorrow.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,4小题>According to the passage, the writer has no resting place becauseA he is not clear about what he will write at the beginning.B he should constantly edit his work to make it perfect.C he has to face a lot of responses given by readers.D he should add brushstrokes to the appearing blurred images.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,5小题>Which of the following statements about writers is TRUE according to the last paragraph?A They have little ideas before they start writing.B Their talent goes into all their drafts.C It does harm to their writing when they flirt with fame.D They try to increase communication with readers.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,第&2&题:Reading Comprehension (Comprehension): ()I lost my sight when I was four years old by falling off a box car in a freight yard in Atlantic City and landing on my head. Now I am thirty two. I can vaguely remember the brightness of sunshine and what color red is. It would be wonderful to see again, but a calamity can do strange things to people. It occurred to me the other day that I might not have come to love life as I do if I hadn't been blind. I believe in life now. I am not so sure that I would have believed in it so deeply, otherwise. I don't mean that I would prefer to go without my eyes. I simply mean that the loss of them made me appreciate the more what I had left.
Life, I believe, asks a continuous series of adjustments to reality. The more readily a person is able to make these adjustments, the more meaningful his own private world becomes. The adjustment is never easy. I was bewildered and afraid. But I was lucky. My parents and my teachers saw something in me&a potential to live, you might call it&which I didn't see, and they made me want to fight it out with blindness.
The hardest lesson I had to learn was to believe in myself. That was basic. If I hadn't been able to do that, I would have collapsed and become a chair rocker on the front porch for the rest of my life. When I say belief in myself I am not talking about simply the kind of self confidence that helps me down an unfamiliar staircase alone. That is part of it. But I mean something bigger than that: an assurance that I am, despite imperfections, a real, that somewhere in the sweeping, intricate pattern of people there is a special place where I can make myself fit.
It took me years to discover and strengthen this assurance. It had to start with the most elementary things. Once a man gave me an indoor baseball. I thought he was mocking me and I was hurt. &I can't use this.& I said. &Take it with you,& he urged me, &and roll it around.& The words stuck in my head. &Roll it around! & By rolling the ball I could hear where it went. This gave me an idea how to achieve a goal I had thought impossible: playing baseball. At Philadelphia's Overbrook School for the Blind I invented a successful variation of baseball. We called it ground ball.
All my life I have set ahead of me a series of goals and then tried to reach them, one at a time. I had to learn my limitations. It was no good to try for something I knew at the start was wildly out of reach because that only invited the bitterness of failure. I would fail sometimes anyway but on the average I made progress.1小题>We can learn from the beginning of the passage thatA the author lost his sight because of a car crash.B the author wouldn't love life if the disaster didn't happen.C the disaster made the author appreciate what he had.D the disaster strengthened the author's desire to se正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,2小题>What's the most difficult thing for the author?A How to adjust himself to reality.B Building up assurance that he can find his place in life.C Learning to manage his life alone.D To find a special work that suits the author.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,3小题>According to the context, &a chair rocker on the .front porch& in paragraph 3 means that the authorA would sit in a rocking chair and enjoy his life.B was paralyzed and stayed in a rocking chair.C would lose his will to struggle against difficulties.D would sit in a chair and stay at hom正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,4小题>According to the passage, the baseball and encouragement offered by the manA hurt the author's feeling.B gave the author a deep impression.C directly led to the invention of ground ball.D inspired the author.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,5小题>According to the passage, which of the following is CORRECT?A The author set goals for himself but only invited failure most of the time.B The author suggested not trying something beyond one's ability at the beginning.C The bitterness of failure prevented the author from trying something out of reach.D Because of his limitations, the author tried to reach one goal at a tim正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,第&3&题:Writing (composition): ()
&The number of applicants for civil servants has increased abruptly in recent years. Many people believe it is an appealing job, while others don't think so. What is your opinion?
Write on ANSWER SHEET THREE a composition of about 200 words on the following topic:
Is Civil Servant an Ideal Job?
You are to write in. three parts.
In the first part, state specifically what your opinion is.
In the ,second part, support, your opinion with appropriate details.
In the last part, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion or a summary.
Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriateness. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks.正确答案:有, 或者 答案解析:有,
做了该试卷的考友还做了
······75. The Telephone NumberMrsTurner’stelephonenumberwas3463,andthenumberofhecinemaintownwas3464.Peopleoftenmademistakesandtele题文Mrs Turner’s telephone number was 3463, and the number of he cinema in town was 3464. People often made mistakes and telephoned her when they actually wanted the cinema.One evening the telephone rang and Mrs Turner answered it. A tired man’s voice came over the phone, “At what time does your last film begin?”“I’m sorry,” said Mrs Turner, “but you have the wrong number. This is not the cinema.” “Oh, it began twenty minutes ago?” said the man. “I’m sorry about that. Well, good-bye.” Mrs Turner was very surprised, so she told her husband. He laughed and said, “No, that wasn’t a mistake. The man’s wife wanted to go to the cinema, but he was feeling tired, so he telephoned the cinema. His wife heard him, but she didn’t hear you. Now they will stay at home this evening, and the husband will be happy.”64.When the tired man telephoned Mrs Turner by mistake, she was _______.A. angry
B. not at all surprised
C. pleased
D. surprised65.Mrs Turner was surprised because the tired man _______.A. wanted the cinema but called a wrong number.B. said something that had nothing to do with her answer.C. asked her silly questions that she didn’t know how to answer.D. was angry with himself for having made the mistake.66.Which of the following is TRUE?A. The Turners lived near the cinema.B. Both of the Turners didn’t want to go to the cinema.C. The man didn’t want to go to the cinema with his wife that night.D. The man’s wife was angry for what her husband had done.67.The husband would be happy because he_________.A. made fun of his wife B. could enjoy himself alone that nightC. could relax (使休息) himself at homeD. could have a good time at home with his wife MrsTurner’stelephonenumberwas3463,andthenumberofhecinemaintownwas3464.Peopleoftenmademistakesandtelephonedherwhentheyactuallywantedthecinema.OneeveningthetelephonerangandMrsTurneransweredit.Atiredman’svoicecameoverthephone,“Atwhattimedoesyourlastfilmbegin?”“I’msorry,”saidMrsTurner,“butyouhavethewrongnumber.Thisisnotthecinema.”“Oh,itbegantwentyminutesago?”saidtheman.“I’msorryaboutthat.Well,good-bye.”MrsTurnerwasverysurprised,soshetoldherhusband.Helaughedandsaid,“No,thatwasn’tamistake.Theman’swifewantedtogotothecinema,buthewasfeelingtired,sohetelephonedthecinema.Hiswifeheardhim,butshedidn’thearyou.Nowtheywillstayathomethisevening,andthehusbandwillbehappy.”64.WhenthetiredmantelephonedMrsTurnerbymistake,shewas_______.A.angryB.notatallsurprisedC.pleasedD.surprised65.MrsTurnerwassurprisedbecausethetiredman_______.A.wantedthecinemabutcalledawrongnumber.B.saidsomethingthathadnothingtodowithheranswer.C.askedhersillyquestionsthatshedidn’tknowhowtoanswer.D.wasangrywithhimselfforhavingmadethemistake.66.WhichofthefollowingisTRUE?A.TheTurnerslivednearthecinema.B.BothoftheTurnersdidn’twanttogotothecinema.C.Themandidn’twanttogotothecinemawithhiswifethatnight.D.Theman’swifewasangryforwhatherhusbandhaddone.67.Thehusbandwouldbehappybecausehe_________.A.madefunofhiswifeB.couldenjoyhimselfalonethatnightC.couldrelax(使休息)himselfathomeD.couldhaveagoodtimeathomewithhiswifeBBCC河北省衡水市阜城中学学年高一12月月考英语试题答案BBCC相关试题

我要回帖

更多关于 number1歌词 的文章

随机推荐