but afterin weekendss,...

Roger Conner is a modern&-day Horatio Alger hero. Roger started out as an unpaid worker in a small flower shop. He has become the owner of a florist company whose sales are well over $100 000 a year.One day when Roger was only twelve, he stopped at a local flower shop. He asked the owner if he could work for him, without pay, in order to learn the business. Roger started working every day after school and on weekends. After two years on the job, he finally asked for a small salary. The owners told him he “wasn't good enough to be paid.” So he quit, and found a paying job at another local flower shop. He worked hard there, but after six months they laid him off because business was slow.Not discouraged, Roger decided to do it alone and started his own flower store in a basement in his town. He started his business with only sixty&-five dollars. He bought old refrigerators at garage sales and knocked the shelves out. This turned them into coolers for his fresh&-cut flowers. His business grew rapidly as he built up a reputation for top quality and fine service.In 1977, Roger bought out the flower store where he had worked without pay for over two years. The people who said he “wasn’t good enough to be paid” were astonished to find that they were being taken over by a teenager. He had plans to renovate (振兴) the whole store. One of the reasons the owners sold out to Roger was that the store wasn't doing well. But after Roger took over ownership and redid the store, business started booming. In fact, business was so good that after one year, he celebrated by buying out the other store where he had worked. Roger then combined both stores and moved to a location in the center of his town. The new store has 2 000 square feet and seven employees. And he did it all before he reached the age of twenty.【小题1】The author is wants to show us that people who want to succeed in business should ________.A.work without payB.own a flower shopC.work hard and never give upD.work as teenagers【小题2】Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A.He worked for two years without pay.B.He needed luck to be successful.C.He opened his first flower business in a basement.D.He became successful before the age of twenty.【小题3】The passage may be a ________.A.newspaper reportB.humorous storyC.television playD.scientific story【小题4】The underlined part in Paragraph 2 probably means ________.A.employed himB.didn’t let him work thereC.paid him moneyD.were proud of him【小题5】From the passage, a “Horatio Alger hero” may be the kind of person who________.A.works hard in the flower businessB.was born into a rich familyC.starts out poor and becomes richD.becomes famous as a result of good luck - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:Roger Conner is a modern&-day Horatio Alger hero. Roger started out as an unpaid worker in a small flower shop. He has become the owner of a florist company whose sales are well over $100 000 a year.One day when Roger was only twelve, he stopped at a local flower shop. He asked the owner if he could work for him, without pay, in order to learn the business. Roger started working every day after school and on weekends. After two years on the job, he finally asked for a small salary. The owners told him he “wasn't good enough to be paid.” So he quit, and found a paying job at another local flower shop. He worked hard there, but after six months they laid him off because business was slow.Not discouraged, Roger decided to do it alone and started his own flower store in a basement in his town. He started his business with only sixty&-five dollars. He bought old refrigerators at garage sales and knocked the shelves out. This turned them into coolers for his fresh&-cut flowers. His business grew rapidly as he built up a reputation for top quality and fine service.In 1977, Roger bought out the flower store where he had worked without pay for over two years. The people who said he “wasn’t good enough to be paid” were astonished to find that they were being taken over by a teenager. He had plans to renovate (振兴) the whole store. One of the reasons the owners sold out to Roger was that the store wasn't doing well. But after Roger took over ownership and redid the store, business started booming. In fact, business was so good that after one year, he celebrated by buying out the other store where he had worked. Roger then combined both stores and moved to a location in the center of his town. The new store has 2 000 square feet and seven employees. And he did it all before he reached the age of twenty.【小题1】The author is wants to show us that people who want to succeed in business should ________.A.work without payB.own a flower shopC.work hard and never give upD.work as teenagers【小题2】Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A.He worked for two years without pay.B.He needed luck to be successful.C.He opened his first flower business in a basement.D.He became successful before the age of twenty.【小题3】The passage may be a ________.A.newspaper reportB.humorous storyC.television playD.scientific story【小题4】The underlined part in Paragraph 2 probably means ________.A.employed himB.didn’t let him work thereC.paid him moneyD.were proud of him【小题5】From the passage, a “Horatio Alger hero” may be the kind of person who________.A.works hard in the flower businessB.was born into a rich familyC.starts out poor and becomes richD.becomes famous as a result of good luckRoger Conner is a modern&-day Horatio Alger hero. Roger started out as an unpaid worker in a small flower shop. He has become the owner of a florist company whose sales are well over $100 000 a year.One day when Roger was only twelve, he stopped at a local flower shop. He asked the owner if he could work for him, without pay, in order to learn the business. Roger started working every day after school and on weekends. After two years on the job, he finally asked for a small salary. The owners told him he “wasn't good enough to be paid.” So he quit, and found a paying job at another local flower shop. He worked hard there, but after six months they laid him off because business was slow.Not discouraged, Roger decided to do it alone and started his own flower store in a basement in his town. He started his business with only sixty&-five dollars. He bought old refrigerators at garage sales and knocked the shelves out. This turned them into coolers for his fresh&-cut flowers. His business grew rapidly as he built up a reputation for top quality and fine service.In 1977, Roger bought out the flower store where he had worked without pay for over two years. The people who said he “wasn’t good enough to be paid” were astonished to find that they were being taken over by a teenager. He had plans to renovate (振兴) the whole store. One of the reasons the owners sold out to Roger was that the store wasn't doing well. But after Roger took over ownership and redid the store, business started booming. In fact, business was so good that after one year, he celebrated by buying out the other store where he had worked. Roger then combined both stores and moved to a location in the center of his town. The new store has 2 000 square feet and seven employees. And he did it all before he reached the age of twenty.【小题1】The author is wants to show us that people who want to succeed in business should ________.A.work without payB.own a flower shopC.work hard and never give upD.work as teenagers【小题2】Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A.He worked for two years without pay.B.He needed luck to be successful.C.He opened his first flower business in a basement.D.He became successful before the age of twenty.【小题3】The passage may be a ________.A.newspaper reportB.humorous storyC.television playD.scientific story【小题4】The underlined part in Paragraph 2 probably means ________.A.employed himB.didn’t let him work thereC.paid him moneyD.were proud of him【小题5】From the passage, a “Horatio Alger hero” may be the kind of person who________.A.works hard in the flower businessB.was born into a rich familyC.starts out poor and becomes richD.becomes famous as a result of good luck科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】C【小题2】B【小题3】A【小题4】B【小题5】C解析试题分析:本文介绍了Roger Conner的成功之路,并告诉我们成功靠的是努力和刻苦。【小题1】C 推理题。根据第2段8,9行Not discouraged, Roger decided to do it alone and started his own flower store in a basement in his town.说明遇见很多困难,他都没有放弃,而是一直向前,故要想成功要努力学习而且还不要放弃,故C正确。【小题2】B 推理题。根据文章的讲述可知他的创业经历里,没有运气的成分,只有努力和刻苦再加上思考,故B正确。【小题3】A 推理题。本文介绍了一位商业成功的人士,最有可能是从报纸张摘录下来的,故A正确。【小题4】B 推理题。根据after six months they laid him off because business was slow.说明六个月以后因为生意下滑,他被解雇了,故B正确。【小题5】C 推理题。根据文章第一段Roger Conner is a modern&-day Horatio Alger hero. Roger started out as an unpaid worker in a small flower shop. He has become the owner of a florist company whose sales are well over $100 000 a year.说明他是一个起点很低的人,最后取得了成功。故C正确。考点:考查新闻报告类短文阅读点评:本文介绍了Roger Conner的成功之路。要求考生要在阅读理解整体语篇的基础上,把握文章的真正内涵。①要吃透文章的字面意思,从字里行间捕捉有用的提示和线索,这是推理的前提和基础;②要对文字的表面信息进行挖掘加工,由表入里,由浅入深,从具体到抽象,从非凡到一般,通过分析、综合、判定等,进行深层处理,符合逻辑地推理。不能就是论事,断章取义,以偏概全。③要忠实于原文,以文章提供的事实和线索为依据。立足已知,推断未知。立足现在,猜测未来。不能主观臆想,凭空想象,随意揣测,更不能以自己的观点代替作者的观点;④要把握句、段之间的逻辑关系,了解语篇的结构。要体会文章的基调,揣摸作者的态度,摸准逻辑发展的方向,悟出作者的弦外之音。知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心【图文】高考英语 写作指导_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
高考英语 写作指导
上传于||文档简介
&&高​考​英​语​ ​写​作​指​导
大小:212.00KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢Alternative to Hydrocodone
Hi.&&Given the fact that I have major pain in my feet and hands after hard labor, I still need something for my pain especially on the weekends.&&During the week it is tolerable but after hard, hard labor on the weekends I am almost unable to stand, walk, type, or open a jar.&& Since hydrocodone is so addictive what alternatives are there that are strong enough to eliminate the pain. Hydrocodone works perfectly for the pain but I find myself wanting it and using it more than prescribed.&&I need something less addictive.
Page 1 of 1
Aleve has always worked the best for me. H
Aleve has always worked the best for me. H
couple quick questions....has this always been a problem or just since quitting the pills? does it feel more muscle or joint related? what is the hard labor exactly and how is different from the week to weekend? and dont think i ever asked how you got started down the path you did.. H
couple quick questions....has this always been a problem or just since quitting the pills? does it feel more muscle or joint related? what is the hard labor exactly and how is different from the week to weekend? and dont think i ever asked how you got started down the path you did.. H
You should try Tramadol.&&It is not a narcotic. I suffer from Osteo-arthritis in both knees from 4 knee surgeries, and a dislocated disc in my back.&&Tramadol comes from the morpine family hard to get addicted to.&&I am disabled from my injuries and I have been on hydrocodone and it never took the pain away and I have take darvacet, percacet and to my surprise Tramadol works for me and my quality of life is so much better and I am 48 yrs old!!!
You should try Tramadol.&&It is not a narcotic. I suffer from Osteo-arthritis in both knees from 4 knee surgeries, and a dislocated disc in my back.&&Tramadol comes from the morpine family hard to get addicted to.&&I am disabled from my injuries and I have been on hydrocodone and it never took the pain away and I have take darvacet, percacet and to my surprise Tramadol works for me and my quality of life is so much better and I am 48 yrs old!!!
Has any one heard of Kratom, this is what I take for my pain with great releif and it is non addicting.&&I have a friend who makes a liquid resin extract out of the kratom leaf and has been for about 4 years.&&
Has any one heard of Kratom, this is what I take for my pain with great releif and it is non addicting.&&I have a friend who makes a liquid resin extract out of the kratom leaf and has been for about 4 years.&&
Be careful with the Tramadol.&&It is in fact highly addictive.&&It is considered a non narcotic, but its dangerous just the same.&&And the WD coming off of Tramadol is worse than Hydro WD.&&Trust me...I know people that have been addicted to them....and they are hell to get off of.
Be careful with the Tramadol.&&It is in fact highly addictive.&&It is considered a non narcotic, but its dangerous just the same.&&And the WD coming off of Tramadol is worse than Hydro WD.&&Trust me...I know people that have been addicted to them....and they are hell to get off of.
&& With Tramadol being somewhat addictive, you can experience WD & DT's.&&Speaking from personal experience, Tramadol has little to no WD's 'if' taken for a short while.&&When taken as a steady regimen for longer than 3mo's then you may experience WD's, but only if you quit 'cold-turkey' or stop taking the drug w/out weening off it. Your prescribing physician should always taper-off any patient who needs or wants to stop taking Tramadol just like any pain medicine, esp. opioid pain meds such as Tramadol.&&But more important, Hydrocodone WD's(withdrawals) is much more difficult to endure than Tramadol's WD's BY FAR!!! In fact, all/most pro football players who get hurt w/minor injuries on the field are given Tramadol to ease the pain so they may continue to play the rest of the game.&&Case & point: Vicodin is far more addictive than Tramadol AND has more adverse side-effects esp. when it comes to withdrawals and detoxing.&&So, if you're wanting a less addictive drug than Vicodin...Tramadol is the better of the two.
&& With Tramadol being somewhat addictive, you can experience WD & DT's.&&Speaking from personal experience, Tramadol has little to no WD's 'if' taken for a short while.&&When taken as a steady regimen for longer than 3mo's then you may experience WD's, but only if you quit 'cold-turkey' or stop taking the drug w/out weening off it. Your prescribing physician should always taper-off any patient who needs or wants to stop taking Tramadol just like any pain medicine, esp. opioid pain meds such as Tramadol.&&But more important, Hydrocodone WD's(withdrawals) is much more difficult to endure than Tramadol's WD's BY FAR!!! In fact, all/most pro football players who get hurt w/minor injuries on the field are given Tramadol to ease the pain so they may continue to play the rest of the game.&&Case & point: Vicodin is far more addictive than Tramadol AND has more adverse side-effects esp. when it comes to withdrawals and detoxing.&&So, if you're wanting a less addictive drug than Vicodin...Tramadol is the better of the two.
Your Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Alternative to Hydrocodone
Hi.&&Given the fact that I have major pain in my feet and hands after hard labor, I still need something for my pain especially on the weekends.&&During the week it is tolerable but after hard, hard labor on the weekends I am almost unable to stand, walk, type, or open a jar.&& Since hydrocodone is so addictive what alternatives are there that are strong enough to eliminate the pain. Hydrocodone works perfectly for the pain but I find myself wanting it and using it more than prescribed.&&I need something less addictive.
Answer this question
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Learn how to safely find relief from uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
How to make it to January in the same pants size.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
A recent study takes a closer look at how MedHelp and other online communities provide advice and support for ovarian cancer patients.
Communities
Pain Management Community Resources
On the Beaches of Paradise, FL
Milwaukee, WI
st. louis, MO
MedHelp International.
All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of .- Was this comment helpful?
- Was this comment helpful?