英语英语四级完形填空空

校园测试当前位置:
高中英语完形填空答题技巧
来源:高考网 更新日期: 点击:
高考越来越注重考察知识之间的联系和贯通,知识和能力专项包含了高考命题的全部落脚点。专项集训部分包含了必考专项集训和选修专项集训,锁定高考命题核心点和能力突破点――15天专项提分大突破!......最新资料下载
2016考研热门话题
课程预告,帮学堂出品
考研帮地方站高考英语完形填空训练(10篇)[嘉兴英语网]
Loading... Please wait...
◇您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文:高考英语完形填空训练(10篇)
高考英语完形填空训练(10篇)
高考英语完形填空训练(001)A land free from destruction (破坏), plus wealth, natural resources ,and labor supply―all these were important 1 in helping England to become the center for the Industrial Revolution.2 they were not enough. Something 3 was needed to start the industrial process. That“something special”was men―4 individuals who could invent machines, find new 5 of power, and establish business organizations to reshape(改造)society.
The men who 6 the machines of the Industrial Revolution 7 from many backgrounds and many occupations. Many of them were 8 inventors than scientists. A man who is a 9 scientist is primarily interested in doing his research 10. He is not necessarily working 11 that his findings can be used.
An inventor or one interested in applied science is 12 trying to make something that has an actual 13. He may try to solve a problem by using the theories 14 science or by experimenting through correct and error. Regardless of his method, he is working to obtain a 15 result: the construction of a harvesting machine, the burning of a light bulb, or one of 16 other objectives.
Most of the people who 17 the machines of the Industrial Revolution were inventors, not trained scientists. A few were both scientists and inventors. Even those who had 18 or no training in science might not have made their inventions 19 a ground work had not been laid by scientists years20.
1.A. cases&&&&&& B. reasons&&&&&& C. factors&&&&&&&&&& D. situations
2.A. But&&&&&&&& B. And&&&&&&&&&& C. Besides&&&&&&&&&& D. Even
3.A. else&&&&&&& B. near&&&&&&&&& C. extra&&&&&&&&&&&& D. similar
4.A. generating& B. effective&&&& C. motivating (动机) D. creative
5.A. origins&&&& B. sources&&&&&& C. bases&&&&&&&&&&&& D. discoveries
6.A. employed&&& B. created&&&&&& C. operated&&&&&&&&& D. controlled
7.A. came&&&&&&& B. arrived&&&&&& C. stemmed&&&&&&&&&& D. appeared
8.A. less&&&&&&& B. better&&&&&&& C. more&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. worse
9.A. true&&&&&&& B. practical&&&& C. pure&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. clever
10.A. happily&&& B. occasionally& C. unwillingly&&&&&& D. accurately
11.A. now&&&&&&& B. and&&&&&&&&&& C. all&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. so
12.A. seldom&&&& B. sometimes&&&& C. usually&&&&&&&&&& D. never
13.A. plan&&&&&& B. use&&&&&&&&&& C. idea&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. means
14.A. of&&&&&&&& B. with&&&&&&&&& C. to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. as
15.A. single&&&& B. only&&&&&&&&& C. specialized&&&&&& D. specific
16.A. few&&&&&&& B. those&&&&&&&& C. many&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. all
17.A. proposed&& B. developed&&&& C. supplied&&&&&&&&& D. offered
18.A. little&&&& B. much&&&&&&&&& C. some&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. any
19.A. as&&&&&&&& B. if&&&&&&&&&&& C. because&&&&&&&&&& D. while
20.A. ago&&&&&&& B. past&&&&&&&&& C. ahead&&&&&&&&&&&& D. before
KEY: 1. C&&& 2. A&& 3. A&& 4. D& 5. B& 6. B&&& 7. A&& 8. C&&& 9. C&& 10. D& 11. D& 12. C& 13. B&& 14. A&& 15. D& 16. C&&&& 17. B&&& 18. A&&& 19. B&& 20. D &
高考英语完形填空训练(002)
&&&& A boy walked along Carver Street, singing a sad song. He walked with his head down. Once he looked up and noticed the sign across the empty street, painted on the side of an old house. On the sign a big woman with yellow hair and a five - mile smile held out a big bottle. "Coca - Cola. Drink Coca-Cola," the sign said.
&&& "Boy! " the silence was cut by a sudden cry. He turned around quickly to see who had called.
&&& An old woman was standing at her door.
&&& "You boy ! Come here this minute"
&&& Slowly the boy 1 onto the cold flat stones leading to the old woman's house. When he arrived at her house, she 2 out her hand and wrapped(缠住) her 3 old fingers around his arm.
&&& "Help me inside, boy", she said. "Help me 4 to my bed. What's your name?"
&&& "Joseph," he said.
&&& The old woman on the bed tried to 5 up, raising herself on her elbow(肘). Water 6 from her eyes and mouth. The sight of her made Joseph feel 7 .
&&& "I'm dying, Joseph. You can see that, can't you? I want you to write a 8 for me. There's paper and pencil on the table there. "
&&& Joseph looked down at the 9 , and then looked out the window. He saw the sign again: "Coca- Cola. Drink Coca - Cola. "
&&& "I want my silver pin to 10 to my daughter. "
&&& Joseph bent his small body over the table and 11 the pencil slowly across the paper.
&&& "There's my Bible(圣经)," the old woman said. "That's for my daughter, too. I want a 12 Christian burial (基督葬礼) with lots of singing. Write that down, too. That's the last 13 of a poor old woman."
&&& The boy laboured over the paper. Again he looked out the window.
&&& "Here. Bring it here so I can 14 it. "
&&& Joseph found the Bible, and, 15 the paper inside, laid it next to the bed.
&&& " 16 me now, boy," she sighed. " I'm tired."
&&& He ran out of the house.
&&& A cold wind blew through the 17 window, but the old woman on the bed 18 nothing. She was dead. The paper in the Bible moved back and forth in the wind. 19 on the paper were some childish letters. They 20 the words:"Coca - Cola. Drink Coca -Cola. "
1. A. rushed B. struggled C. hurried D. stepped&2. A. reached B. let C. pushed D. pointed&3. A. firm B. smooth C. dry D. fresh&4. A. back B. over C. away D. ahead&5. A. sit B. get C. stand D. wake&6. A. rolled B. burnt C. burst D. ran&7. A. ill B. sick C. unpleasant D. funny&8. A. letter B. note C. will D. message&9. A. table B. pen C. paper D. woman&10. A. send B. go C. belong D. come&11. A. moved B. drew C. used D. pulled&12. A. great B. merry C. splendid D. real&13. A. hope B. chance C. opinion D. wish&14. A. sign B. read C. remember D. copy&15. A. setting B. hiding C. placing D. laying&16. A. Hold B. Leave C. Excuse D. Pardon&17. A. large B. open C. small D. pretty&18. A. did B. saw C. felt D. knew&19. A. Described B. Printed C. Recorded D. Written&20. A. formed B. spelled C. organized D. repeated&
KEY: 1―10 DACBA,DBCCB&&& 11―20 ADDAC,BBCDA&
高考英语完形填空训练(003)
&It is interesting how NASA(美国航空航天管理局)chose their astronauts for landing them on the moon. They chose men&& 1& the age of twenty and thirty-five. There were about fifty of them , Many were& 2& air pilots.& 3& were scientists with two or three degrees. NASA telephoned each man they wtold him the plans and the&& 4& they might get in. They then asked him if he was willing to be trained as an astronaut. “How could any man&& 5& such an exciting job?”One of them said, “Dangerous? Of course. It’s dangerous&& 6& most exciting”
The health and physical condition of&& 7& was, of course, very necessary.& 8& those in very good health and physical condition were chosen.
While being trained to be astronauts. they went through many& 9 . They studied the star and the moon , and they also studied geology, the science of rocks. This was necessary&& 10& astronauts would have to look for rocks on the moon. They would try to find rocks which might help to tell the&& 11& of the moon. They were all&& 12& to fly in helicopters (直升飞机)。These helicopters landed&& 13& down to give them some experience of the way the spaceship would& 14& land on the moon , They were also taught the&& 15& facts about the conditions in space. They learnt all the technical details of the spaceships and rockets. They visited the scientists and engineers who&& 16& them. They visited the factories where they were&& 17 . They learnt how every&& 18& of a space-ship and its instruments work. They also learnt every detail of ground-control& 19 .
In a word , to be chosen as an astronaut. one must be in good health,& 20& in science and good at piloting
1.A.at B.between C.of D.on 2.A.experienced B.Old C.Trained D.young 3.A.None B.Few C.Others D.They 4.A.dangers B.sadness C.Hardship D.troubles 5.A.accept B.Receive C.Offer D.refuse 6.A.but B.if C.Though D.however 7.A.the scientists B.men C.pilots D.Young people 8.A.As B.Only C.If D.Or 9.A.jobs B.Places C.courses D.ways 10.A.for B.Because C.since D.So that 11.A.story B.Background C.Age D.name 12.A.shown B.Trained C.Told D.let 13.A.straight B.Straightly C.Indirectly D.directly 14.A.possibly B.Likely C.actually D.really 15.A.not known B.well-known C.unknown D.known 16.A.drew B.produced C.designed D.made 17.A. repaired B.Built C.Developed D.fixed 18.A.part B.Movement C.Machine D.body 19.A.house B.stop C.system D.station 20.A.well-done B.well-fed C.well kept D.well-informed&
KEY: 1-5 ABCAD& 6-10 ACBCB& 11-15 CBDDC 16-20 CBACD&
高考英语完形填空训练(004)
&San Francisco is a big city which lies in the west of the United States very near the Pacific, where two earth's plates often meet and jump. So earthquake is a& 1&& word to hear there. It is recorded that at least 2 big earthquakes have happened in San Francisco since the beginning of the&& 3 century. One happened in 1906, the other in 1989.
The second worst earthquake 4 San Francisco on the evening of October 17, 1989, when people were travelling to their&& 5 . A wide and busy overhead road fell onto the one 6 Many people were killed in their cars. A few&& 7&& ones were not hurt, but many thousands became&& 8&&& A large number of weak buildings didn't&& 9 in the quake and the&& 10 electricity was cut off for several days, too.
Nobody but scientists can explain the&& 11&& of earthquakes. In their opinion, although earthquake cannot be&& 12 . we can do things to make sure they do not destroy whole cities. They suggest we should not build houses along the&& 13&& where earth's plates join together. We should build houses&& 14&& instead of on sand. And the buildings have to be as&& 15&& as possible. Scientists are also studying earthquakes, which may someday help to save hundreds of lives.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
1. A. terrible& B. sad&&&&&&&&&& C. usual&&&&&&&& D. funny 2. A. two&&&&&& B. three&&&&&&&&& C. four&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. five 3. A. 17th&&&&&&&& B.18th&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 19th&&&&&&&&&&& D 20th 4. A. shook&&&&&&&&& B. felt&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. discovered&&&&&&&&& D. moved 5. A. offices&&&&&&&&& B. homes&&&&&&&&&& C. factories&&&&&&&&&&& D. schools 6. A. above&&&&&&&&&& B. nearby&&&&&&&&&& C. below&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. round 7. A. young&&&&&&&&&& B. tall&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. strong&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. lucky 8. A. homeless&&&&&& B. jobless&&&&&&&&&& C. friendless&&&&&& D. childless 9. A. put up&&&&&&& B. go up&&&&&&&&&&& C. stay up&&&&&&&&&&&& D. turn up 10. A. company's&&& B. school's&&&&&&& C. country's&&&&&&&&&& D. city's 11. A. story&&&&&&& B. cause&&&&&&&&&&& C. experience&&&&&&&&&& D. result 12. A. stopped&&&&& B. caught&&&&&&&&&& C. kept&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. touched 13. A. seaside&&&&& B. river&&&&&&&&&&&& C. road&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. lines 14. A. at sea&&&&&&& B. on rock&&&&&&&&&& C. on the square&&&&&&& D. near the city 15. A. strong&&&&&&& B. high&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. small&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. cheap&
KEY: 1. C& 2. A&& 3. D&& 4. A& 5. B& 6. C& 7. D& 8. A& 9. C& 10. D& 11. B 12. A& 13. D& 14. B&& 15. A &
高考英语完形填空训练(005)
&&&& The young engineer sat down on a rock and rested his head in his hands. He
it was&& 1&& . For weeks he had been&& 2&& in the Northwest Canadian forest. Now there was a terrible&& 3&& behind his eyes, and worse of ail, he had gone&& 4& .
&&& Suddenly a man&& 5&& out of the woods, an Indian who had been hunting in the area. Seeing the engineer's&& 6& , he caught a fish in a nearby&& 7&& and fed the sick man the&& 8&& of the fish and some flesh from its head.&& 9&& within a few hours the engineer's pain was&& 10&& . A day later he could&& 11& again, and the next day he had&& 12&& recovered.
&&& When he returned home, the engineer told the&& 13&& to Dr Price. Not until years later did it become a(n)&& 14&& fact that this was just an everyday&& 15&& doing its work. For what the engineer did, by eating fish eyes, was to&& 16& his vitamin (维生素).
&&& Vitamin A's biggest job is to keep the eyes&& 17&& . Without A, people and animals get night blindness and other eye problems. Without A, people can even be totally blind.& A helps to keep the skin in good&& 18& . A also helps&& 19& with bones and teeth and has to do with proper&& 20&& of blood cells.
1. A. hopeless&& B. useless&& C. careless&& D. timeless 2. A. lost&& B. treated&& C. hunting&& D. working 3. A. scene&& B. illness&& C. pain&& D. heat 4. A. blind&& B. changed&& C. mad&& D. separated 5. A. reached&& B. appeared&& C. hid&& D. watched 6. A. starvation&& B. situation&& C. reality&& D. trouble 7. A. stream&& B. boat&& C. place&& D. sea 8. A. tail&& B. skin&& C. bone&& D. eyes 9. A. Possibly&& B. Surprisingly&& C. Fortunately&& D. Immediately 10. A. shown&& B. gone&& C. settled&& D. disappeared 11. A. see&& B. speak&& C. walk&& D. work 12. A. naturally&& B. completely&& C. partly&& D. physically 13. A. news&& B. result&& C. secret&& D. story 14. A. actual&& B. accepted&& C. solved&& D. ordinary 15. A. sight&& B. food&& C. lifeguard&& D. service 16. A. from&& B. by&& C. about&& D. with 17. A. trust&& B. trade&& C. try&& D. take 18. A. looking&& B. rolling&& C. moving&& D. going 19. A. energy&& B. order&& C. shape&& D. sense 20. A. out&& B. off&& C. about&& D. to A. growth&& B. search&& C. choice&& D. size&
KEY: 1-5 AACAB& 6-10 DADBB& 11-15 ABDBC& 16-20 DDCAA &
高考英语完形填空训练(006)
&I met this guy who told me an amazing story. He was&& 1&& Scotland on a motorbike by himself. One late afternoon he was on the road between Aberdeen and Elgin. He was travelling along, miles from any village, when he saw a really&& 2&& girl standing by the road, hitchhiking (搭车) . .Anyway, he stopped and said he would give her a&& 3&& to Elgin. She got on and he drove off. He said he&& 4&& having her on the back, as it was nice __5_ . But after a time he forgot that she was there. Suddenly he _6_ but he realized that he couldn't feel her knees&& 7&& against him! He&& 8 behind him but...she wasn't there.
&&& He said he felt frightened&& 9&& his life! He felt cold all over. He thought she must have&& 10&& off the back. So he turned round and&& 11&& back along the road. He didn't find her. He went to see if she had crawled (爬) into a field or something. But he didn't find her. So he began to think that she might have been&& 12&& by someone else.
&&& Anyway, he drove on towards Elgin and didn't see anyone&& 13&& he came to a pub. He decided to&& 14&& so that he could talk to someone and he thought he ought to tell&& 15& . He went into a pub and talked to the barman. He told the barman what had happened. He said the barman didn't seem to be at all&& 16& . He just carried on&& 17&& the glasses.
&&& Then the barman said, "You're not the&& 18&& person to come in here and tell the same& 19& .That girl you think you picked up& 20&& seven years ago... in a motorbike accident. "
1.A. touring&&& B. searching&&&& C. defending&&&& D. circling& 2. A. poor&&&& B. attractive&&&& C. tall&& D. terrible& 3.A. help&& B. lift&& C. service&& D. trip& 4. A. chose&& B. came&&& C. meant&& D. liked& 5.A. business&& B. event&& C. company&& D. action& 6.A. thought&& B. Considered&&& C. remembered&& D. called& 7. A. pressing&&& B. turning&&&& C. going&& D. running& 8. A. looked&& B. took& C. felt&& D. seized& 9. A. out of&& B. in case of&& C. in place of&& D. to the best of& 10. A. jumped&&&& B. kept&&&& C. kicked&& D. fallen& 11.A. raced&& B. walked&&&& C. got&&& D. watched& 12.A. picked up&&&& B. searched for&&&& C. taken away&& D. brought back& 13.A. when&& B. until&& C. although&& D. since& 14.A. wait&& B. enter&& C. stop& D. march& 15.A. someone&& B. nobody&& C. the father& D. the police& 16.A. worried&& B. surprised&& C. moved& D. satisfied& 17. A. breaking&& B. waving&& C. knocking& D. drying& 18. A. first&&& B. Last&&& C. Right&&& D. honest& 19.A. story&&& B. message&& C. lie&& D. truth& 20. A. was saved&&& B. ran away&& C. died&& D. left&KEY: 1-5 ABBDC& 6-10 CACAD& 11-15 CABCA& 16-20BDAAC
高考英语完形填空训练(007)
&  I went there in 1924; no local planes in those days, so I made the trip by bus. It was a thousand kilometers, and it 1 twenty hours. I sat by a fellow about my own age, 24. He said his name was Karl Packey, 2 he told me 3 anything else.
  He 4 me because he had so little to say. No opinions, no memories, no tales to 5 . Had his home, his life, the war and so on left no mark at all 6 him? It was very 7 . I was 8 when the pillows were given 9 , and I could politely try to sleep. I hoped I would never meet him again. The next time I went to Fairburn was in 1974. By 10 , of course. The president was going to “open” the new town, 11 had taken twenty-six years to be 12 . I sat next to a man of about fifty, whose face was a 13 . I guessed he had something 14 to tell me.
  The face was rough, brown and 15 with age and worry. There were two old scars (伤痕) in his face. But 16 them, I saw 17 and power. I guessed he was the boss of 18 . Perhaps he hadn’t expected the big job and hadn’t wanted it.
  He had done it well, no doubt. The thing had clearly 19 him the power of decision. We started to talk…. The next two hours were for me the most interesting, adventurous, even exciting that I remember. He kept me silent, 20 with wonder. Our plane 21 Fairburn. I 22 his hand and thanked him for making the journey so 23 . I told him my name. “The pleasure was 24 ,” he said, “I was Chief Engineer here at Fairburn until last year. I built the new town. Karl Packer is the name. Haven’t we met before 25 ?”
  1. A. took      B. spent       C. lost       D. had
  2. A. but       B. still       C. yet        D. however
  3. A. hardly     B. almost       C. nearly      D. mostly
  4. A. disappointed B. pleased      C. excited      D. worried
  5. A. say       B. speak       C. tell       D. talk
  6. A. in       B. with        C. for        D. on
  7. A. puzzling    B. interesting    C. exciting     D. wondering
  8. A. glad      B. sorry       C. sad        D. angry
  9. A. in       B. up         C. out        D. with
  10. A. bus       B. land        C. air        D. sea
  11. A. it       B. that        C. which       D. this
  12. A. built      B. made        C. set        D. founded
  13. A. book      B. mirror       C. picture      D. window
  14. A. good      B. bad        C. wrong       D. old
  15. A. cleaned     B. washed       C. lined       D. broken
  16. A. on       B. above       C. over       D. in
  17. A. success     B. sadness      C. fear       D. failure
  18. A. something    B. anything      C. nothing      D. everything
  19. A. taught     B. offered      C. gave       D. showed
  20. A. open-mouth   B. opened-mouth   C. open-mouthed&  D. opening-mouth
  21. A. landed at    B. landed in     C. landed to     D. landed
  22. A. hit       B. shook       C. seized      D. caught
  23. A. pleasant    B. pleasure      C. pleased      D. pleasing
  24. A. my       B. mine        C. me        D. I
  25. A. somewhere    B. anywhere      C. nowhere      D. everywhere
&&& KEY: 1-5 A A A A C&&&&& 6-10 D A A C C   11-15 C A A B C   16-20 C A A A C&&&&&&&& 21-25 A B A B A&高考英语完形填空训练(008)
&While I was waiting to enter university, I saw in a newspaper a teaching job __1__ at a school about ten miles from where I lived. Being very short of __2__ and wanting to do something __3__ I applied (申请) , __4__ as I did so, that without a degree and with no&& __5__of teaching my chances of getting the job were __6__.
However, three days later, a letter arrived, calling me to Croydon for a meeting with the headmaster. It proved to be a __7__ journey: a train to Croydon station, a ten-minute bus ride and then a walk of at __8__ a quarter of a mile. As a result I arrived there, feeling toe hot to be nervous. It was clearly the __9__ himself that __10__ the door. He was short and round.
"The school," he said, "is made up of one __11__ of twenty-four boys between seven and thirteen." I should have to teach all the subjects except art, __12__ he taught himself. I should have to divide the class into __13__ groups and teach them in turn at three different __14__, and I was __15__ at the thought of teaching maths ― a subject at which I wasn't very __16__ at school. Worse perhaps was the idea of __17__ to teach them on Saturday after&noon because most of my friends would be __18__ themselves at that time.
Before I had time to ask about my salary, he got up to his __19__ . "Now" he said, you'd better meet my wife. She is the one who really __20__ this school.&
1. A. kept&& B. lost&& C. wanted&& D. found&& 2. A. money&& B. time&& C. students&& D. clothes&& 3. A. harmful&& B. useful&& C. funny&& D. secret&& 4. A. expecting&&& B. whispering&& C. fearing&& D. considering&& 5. A. material&& B. experience&& C. means&& D. books&& 6. A. nice&& B. great&&&& C. slight&& D. helpful&& 7. A. difficult&& B. pleasant&& C. comfortable&& D. short&& 8. A. most&& B. least&& C. last&& D. first&& 9. A. teacher&& B. door-keeper&& C. student&& D. headmaster&& 10. A. shut&& B. opened&& C. repaired&& D. kicked&& 11. A. group&& B. class&& C. dozen&& D. score&& 12. A. which&& B. that&& C. what&& D. this&& 13. A. one&& B. two&& C. three&& D. four&& 14. A. classes&& B. subjects&& C. levels&& D. places&& 15. A. excited&& B. angry&& C. glad&&& D. disappointed&& 16. A. poor&& B. interested&& C. weak&& D. good&& 17. A. forcing&& B. having&& C. forgetting&& D. managing&& 18. A. watching&&& B. studying&&& C. enjoying&& D. helping&& 19.A. letter&&& B. feet&&& C. hands&& D. wife&& 20.A. runs&&& B. starts&&& C. observes&& D. likes &
&KEY: 1-5 CABCB& 6-10 CABDB& 11-20 BACCD& 16-20 DBCBA&
高考英语完形填空训练(009)
Fire can help people in many ways.& Fire can heat water, (1)____ your house, give light and cook food. But fire can burn things too. Nobody knows (2)____ people began to use fire. One story from Australia tells about a man a very long time ago. He (3)____ the sun by a rope and brought fire down.
Today people know how to (4)____ a fire with matches. Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very (5)____.
Fire kills people every year. So you must be careful (6)____ matches. You should also learn to (7)____ fires. Fires need oxygen. Without oxygen they die. There is (8)____ in the air. Cover a fire with water, sand, or (9)____, with your coat or a blanket. This keeps the air from a fire and kills it.
Be careful with fire, and it will help you. Be careless with fire, and it might (10)____ you.
1. A. brighten& B. warm& C. beautify& D. lighten& 2. A. where& B. when& C. what& D. how& 3. A. watched& B. got up to& C. went up to& D. discovered& 4. A. set& B. make& C. cause& D. catch& 5.A. dangerous& B. bright& C. unusual& D. common& 6. A. about& B. to& C. On& D. after& 7. A. lay out& B. put out& C. put away& D. do away with& 8. A. fire& B. moisture& C. oxygen& D. substance& 9. A. in general& B. in particular& C. in a hurry& D. in an emergency& 10. A. injure& B. hurt& C. destroy& D. spoil&
Here is another program in the series, "Famous Personalities (个性)." This afternoon I am going to talk (11)____ the famous film director, Daniel Z. Sloman. Dan Sloman doesn't need any introduction from me. He has directed "Goodbye to Boston", "Pacific Story" and many other famous films. "Tell me, Dan, have you ever directed a film in England?"
"Why, yes, Peter. I directed 'Green Years' here."
"Oh course. How long (12)____ was that, Dan?"
"That was five years ago. That film was about life in an English village."
"What can you remember about this (13)____, Dan?"
"Lots of things, Peter. When we were filming in the open, it usually (14)____ to rain!"
"You rebuilt half the village, I believe, Dan."
"That's right, Peter. We built a (15)____ over the river. We put a few buildings. (16)____ our men were working, half the (17)____ watched us."
"Were the villagers against the film?"
"Oh, no. Many villagers (18)____ a lot of money. Thousands of tourists came to the village. The place (19)____ famous."
"Have you ever been back to the village since then?"
"I can't say I have, Peter. But I remember it well."
"What else do you remember about the film, 'Green Years', Dan?"
"Well, I remember the actors, of course. In one scene we (20)____ a thousand 'extras'."
"And you used the villagers."
"That's right, Peter. There were 2000 men, women and children in the village and we used a thousand of them. Every man has his price. We paid each villager fifty pence to take part in the film."
"What about the villagers that weren't in the film?"
"They came to watch."
"What happened then?"
"It was very funny, Peter. We couldn't keep them out of it. We paid half the villagers fifty pence each to act in the film. And we paid the other half of the villagers five pounds each not to join in the film! But it was a great scene. I'll never forget it."
"Thank you, Dan."
11. A. to& B. about& C. for& D. into& 12. A. before& B. ago& C. after& D. since& 13. A. life& B. village& C. year& D. film& 14. A. begins& B. began& C. had started& D. beginning& 15. A. road& B. way& C. village& D. bridge& 16. A. As soon as& B. After& C. Before& D. While& 17. A. town& B. city& C. village& D. country& 18. A. made& B. took& C. carried& D. brought& 19. A. is& B. gets& C. became& D. get& 20. A. asked& B. dismissed& C. needed& D. told&
Key: 1. B 2. D 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. A 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. B 11. A 12. B 13. D 14. B 15. D 16. D 17. C 18. A 19. C 20. C&
高考英语完形填空训练(010)
&&& The earliest men did not ha they faced many dangers, and hunting for food took (1)___ almost all their time. But after many thousands of years perhaps a million years or more they became very good hunters, and (2)___ gave them a little free time which they could use for other things. A few of them began to paint on the walls of the caves (3)___ they lived. Many early artists painted animals, (4)___ these were the most important things in their lives. Animals supplied (5)___ to keep them living, and skins to keep them (6)___.
&&& Like painters (7)___, the early artists possibly painted for many (8)___. Perhaps they wanted to give their cave a little
perhaps they had a few special ideas which they could (9)___ most
perhaps they (10)___ wanted to spend a little time in a pleasant way. Many of them believed in magic (巫术), and they often drew animals which were caught. They hoped that by drawing these things, they would make them really appear.
&&& People have discovered cave paintings in many parts of the world. The earliest that we know about are in Europe. Because of the cool weather, the early men in Europe used the caves for shelter (隐蔽处); in many warmer parts of the world this was not necessary. We know quite a lot about the dates of the European paintings, and we believe that the earliest ones were painted about thirty thousand years ago.
1. A. away& B. back& C. out& D. up& 2. A. this& B. that& C. these& D. those& 3. A. which& B. that& C. where& D. when& 4. A. although& B. because& C. if& D. as if& 5. A. air& B. fur& C. food& D. water& 6. A. comfortable& B. warm& C. beautiful& D. healthy& 7. A. yesterday& B. today& C. in those days& D. at that time& 8. A. people& B. places& C. animals& D. reasons& 9. A. express& B. understand& C. realize& D. imagine& 10. A. often& B. quite& C. just& D. even
&&& Sleep is something we generally associate with (11)___ creatures. Of course, it is true that a lot of animals sleep, but zoologists are not certain that primitive forms of animal (12)___ like worms and snails, ever really (13)___. (14)___ the other hand, animals such as bears sleep for 4 or 5 months every year.
&&& The amount of sleep (15)___ human being needs depends (16)___, the individual and possibly race. For example, doctors think that pre-school children need between 10 and 12 school children between 9 and 11 and adults between 7 and 9 hours. There are exceptional cases of old people (17)___ only sleep between 2 and 3 hours a day and (18)___ to be active and healthy. The sleep requirements of different (19)___ also appear to be different. Japanese people, for example, sleep (20)___ hours than Europeans.
11. A. live& B. living& C. lively& D. alive& 12. A. life& B. lives& C. lifes& D. living& 13. A. sleep& B. sleeps& C. sleeping& D. slept& 14. A. In& B. At& C. On& D. For& 15. A. the& B. /& C. a& D. an& 16. A. on age& B. on the age& C. in age& D. for age& 17. A. that they& B. which& C. of whom& D. who& 18. A. continued& B. continue& C. went on& D. going& 19. A. race& B. human being& C. man& D. races& 20. A. less& B. by far less& C. fewer& D. much more&
Key: 1. D 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. C 6. B 7. B 8. D 9. A 10. C 11. B 12. A 13. A 14. C 15. C 16. A 17. D 18. B 19. D 20. C
数据载入中……
上一篇文章: 下一篇文章:
最 新 文 章
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
热 门 文 章
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
相 关 文 章

我要回帖

更多关于 英语四级完形填空 的文章

随机推荐