Please double check font to match the original shared.artworkk more closer

Muhammad Ali Original Art Added to ICONIC: Black Panther Los Ang -
- No One Gets You Closer
Muhammad Ali Original Art Added to ICONIC: Black Panther Los Ang -
- No One Gets You Closer
Sepia Collective Announces List of Artists and Programming for Exhibit Opening April 8thLOS ANGELES, CA, April 05, PressRelease/ -- SEPIA Collective is pleased to announce original art from Muhammad Ali has been added to ICONIC: Black Panther in Los Angeles with over 50 artists participating. The group art exhibit opens April 8, 2017 at Gregorio Escalante Gallery + Medina Gallery, 978 Chung Kind Road, Los Angeles, CA 90012. The opening reception is from 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. SEPIA Collective founder Rosalind McGary explains the significance of a show of this magnitude, "This show starts at the point of recognizing the ICONIC stature of the Black Panther Party as one of the most significant social justice movements in American History. From this starting point artists are encouraged to give their take on the party and the trajectory of its influence historically, socially, or in their own lives. The diversity of the artists and supporters involved encourages discourse across racial, cultural and generational divides."Programming throughout the five weeks that the exhibit will be on view include: April 15, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., Bearing Witness: The Documentation of Self Determination - An afternoon of storytelling at the ICONIC Black Panther Party art exhibition. Activists, artists and scholars will share their perspectives on the importance of the documentation of struggles for self-determination through short stories. There will be a conversation with the audience afterwards. May 6, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m., Free Lunch Celebration. Los Angeles based restaurants including LocoL will provide free lunch for attendees. May 14, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m., Closing Reception.About the exhibit: The concept behind the exhibit is best summarized by Dr. Samella Lewis, "Through art we can trace history and as a consequence gain insight into our future." ICONIC: Black Panther is multi-city fine art exhibit produced by SEPIA Collective. The Los Angeles installation is co-curated by Susu Attar. The show debuted in Oakland in October 2016. Each city in the muti-city exhibit will host a curated exhibit featuring primarily local artists along with internationally renowned artists and original art from founding Black Panthers. Several community events are planned throughout the month of April. The Los Angeles installation is presented by SEPIA Collective, Gregorio Escalante Gallery + Medina Gallery in association with Road to Artdom.For more information about the show visit . For media inquiries contact April Rushing, 310-987-7318 or .Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and have questions or removal reuqests please contact For the original version on 24-7 Press Release Newswire visit:
BREAKING: Howe, Texas -&Grayson County deputies are currently in a standoff with a suspect inside a home in the 900 block of Bennett Road&in Howe. That's about seven miles from Howe High School where deputies and several law enforcement agencies from Grayson County have set up a command post. Neighbors along Bennett Road have been told to stay inside their homes. Negotiators are trying to talk the subject into coming out of the house. A spokesman for the Sheriff's Office... BREAKING: Howe, Texas -&Grayson County deputies are currently in a standoff with a suspect inside a home in the 900 block of Bennett Road&in Howe. That's about seven miles from Howe High School where deputies and several law enforcement agencies from Grayson County have set up a command post. Neighbors along Bennett Road have been told to stay inside their homes. Negotiators are trying to talk the subject into coming out of the house. A spokesman for the Sheriff's Office...KTENThe 2017 Magnolia Festival is about to get underway and there is no better way to start it than the 76th annual Durant Riding Club Rodeo& The 2017 Magnolia Festival is about to get underway and there is no better way to start it than the 76th annual Durant Riding Club Rodeo&Anytime Fitness closed in Sherman / KTENSHERMAN, TX -- The doors were locked Friday morning at Anytime Fitness in the Shafer Crossing shopping center at the corner of U.S. 75 and U.S. 82.&SHERMAN, TX -- The doors were locked Friday morning at Anytime Fitness in the Shafer Crossing shopping center at the corner of U.S. 75 and U.S. 82.&KTENDURANT, OK -- The Choctaw Nation hosted its sixth annual Trail of Tears bike ride honoring the devastating march that happened nearly 180 years ago.&DURANT, OK -- The Choctaw Nation hosted its sixth annual Trail of Tears bike ride honoring the devastating march that happened nearly 180 years ago.&The Oklahoma House has passed a $6.8 billion spending plan that protects the budgets of about 15 state agencies but cuts many others by about 5 percent. The Oklahoma House has passed a $6.8 billion spending plan that protects the budgets of about 15 state agencies but cuts many others by about 5 percent.Gov. Greg Abbott / TwitterAUSTIN, Texas (AP) --&Gov. Greg Abbott visited a gun range Friday to sign a law reducing Texas' fees for licenses to carry handguns to the lowest in the nation. At the same event, he &joked& about guns and reporters. AUSTIN, Texas (AP) --&Gov. Greg Abbott visited a gun range Friday to sign a law reducing Texas' fees for licenses to carry handguns to the lowest in the nation. At the same event, he &joked& about guns and reporters.KTENJOHNSTON COUNTY, OK -- John Johnston of Mill Creek will spend the next four years in the Oklahoma Department of Corrections after pleading&guilty to conspiracy to commit a felony and larceny of domestic animals. JOHNSTON COUNTY, OK -- John Johnston of Mill Creek will spend the next four years in the Oklahoma Department of Corrections after pleading&guilty to conspiracy to commit a felony and larceny of domestic animals.KTEN / Colbert Public SchoolsCOLBERT, OK -- &Colbert's Jarvis Dobbs is the winner in District 17, which encompasses Atoka, Bryan, Coal,&Johnston, Marshall and Pontotoc counties in Texoma. COLBERT, OK -- &Colbert's Jarvis Dobbs is the winner in District 17, which encompasses Atoka, Bryan, Coal,&Johnston, Marshall and Pontotoc counties in Texoma.KTENARDMORE, OK -- The preliminary investigation into a fatal shooting that happened outside a gun range in Ardmore earlier this week is now in the hands of the Carter County District Attorney.& ARDMORE, OK -- The preliminary investigation into a fatal shooting that happened outside a gun range in Ardmore earlier this week is now in the hands of the Carter County District Attorney.&KTENGAINESVILLE, TX -- The alleged schemers are asking for money while claiming to be associated with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Cooke County.& GAINESVILLE, TX -- The alleged schemers are asking for money while claiming to be associated with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Cooke County.&
Contact UsTHE ORIGINAL ARTSCHOOL ONLINE
AWARD WINNING
THE ORIGINAL
and welcome to The Original ArtSchool OnLine, the award winning repository
for art lessons on the web. ArtSchool has been visited by millions of aspiring
artists and art lovers. My name is Roger Elliott and I have been a professional
artist for more than 30 years. Each week I will be posting some lessons
or ideas to hopefully aid you in your quest for art excellence. I hope
you enjoy. Everything at ArtSchool is totally free and nothing will ever
be offered for sale.
&&& Imitation is the sincerest form of
flattery, and ArtSchool has it's imitators. However, this is the ORIGINAL
ArtSchool OnLine started and maintained by me for more than three years.
Still, having said that, I encourage all who wish to provide free access
to art lessons on the web and welcome them to the fold. It is a wonderful
service to those who wish to draw and paint.
&&& Below you will find several lessons
and I will be adding lessons and ideas from time to time so be sure to
check back often. ArtSchoool is here for you and no effort is ever put
forth to profit in any form from these pages. Thank you for your continued
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Roger Elliott
If you have a specific series in mind you can go directly there using the pull down menu below.
Lessons will open in a new window. You can also access ArtSchool OnLine #2 from this menu and it will open
in a seperate browser window. You will not leave this site.
Color Theory
ArtSchool #2
Here you may search the entire site for a key word or term. (i.e. OILS or OIL PAINTING etc.)
Search term:
Case-sensitive -
&&&& Some time ago I began to experiment
with using conventional art methods on the computer. I have found that
it is possible and that it is great fun as well as being an excellent way
to practice and familiarize yourself with the basic methods of painting.
If you master the techniques of working digitally then you will also have
the basics needed to paint with media.
&&& In this series I will be using a program
called "Photoshop 4.0 LE". I do so because this is the program most commonly
bundled with new computers. These methods will work quite well with a number
of photo programs, however, the instructions for this series will be from
the Photoshop program. Remember, if you have any difficulty with understanding
the instructions, simply e-mail me at the link listed below and I will
be happy to help you along your way.
Using the Program&
Painting a Landscape
Posted 20 Feb. 2000
Painting a Night Scene&
Painting Darkness with Values of Black
&&& Over the years this has proven to be one
of the most popular of all the series presented by ArtSchool OnLine. There
is something so alluring about doing portraits that those of us who do
them are so enchanted by them that all the other forms of art seem to pale
in comparison. Portraiture is so demanding that once you have accomplished
this skill, you can then do anything you wish! These lessons are presented
for your pleasure. Enjoy! There are eleven lessons
in the series!
Access all 11 lessons from this link!
&&&&& There is something about old
sailing ships that draws us to them. The romantic idea of a by-gone era
draws us to this subject. I hope you will enjoy the lessons in this series.
To access these lessons simply position your mouse over the ship above
and click. Have fun!
&&&& Since I first presented the portrait
series I have received a great deal of mail asking that I help with getting
the perspective of the human form correct in drawings. I have prepared
a couple of lessons on just that subject. I hope this will help.
A Few Quick Notes on Perspective
&&&& Perhaps the most difficult part
of learning to paint is the understanding of color. It is especially difficult
to explain color for it is different for each of us. Color is a very personal
thing and each of us think of it in a very different way. What is presented
here is intended to be only a guideline to you exploration of color. I
hope that these lessons will help you to determine what you see as color.
&&& Each lesson is presented here on this
page and you may click on each lesson then return to this page in order
to access the next lesson. As usual, if you have questions, simply e-mail
me and I will do my best to help you.
COLOR -WHY?&
PUTTING COLOR IN THE BRAIN&
LEARNING ABOUT COLOR
A WHEEL OF COLOR&
LET'S DO AN UGLY CORNER IN A CITYSCAPE&
MOVING ON TO A PASTEL WORLD
MOVING TO A PASTEL WORLD&
SOME THOUGHTS
Earliest Use of Color
COLOR PERSPECTIVE&
IS COLOR PERSPECTIVE IMPORTANT?&
DISTANCE AFFECTS ALL COLORS&
WEATHER AFFECTS ALL COLORS&
STUDYING COLOR PERSPECTIVE
IMPORTANCE OF VALUES IN COLOR PERSPECTIVE&
LIGHT AND SHADOW&
OPTICAL ILLUSIONS
EFFECTS OF AFTER-IMAGES&
COLORS AND MEMORY&
WHAT DO COLORS STAND FOR?
PSYCHOLOGY OF COLOR&
UTILIZING PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS IN PAINTING&
HOW TO JUDGE YOUR COLOR SELECTION
There are eight more lessons in this series. Look
for them soon.
&&&& I have tried several of those online
newsletter services and none of them seem to work very well! So if you
would like to recieve my newsletter about upcoming series on this website
then simply send me an e-mail with the word "subscribe" somewhere in the
text and I will add you to the list of those people who would like the
newsletter. Nothing but art related news will ever be included, nothing
will ever be offered for sale, and your address will never be exposed to
anyone but me. Send all requests to
&&& Because ArtSchool OnLine is a free
service without any funds what-so-ever it is necessary that I use free
access sites. Because of the limit on band width at these sites it is necessary
for me to spread ArtSchool over two seperate sites. There are more lessons
and ideas on ArtSchool #2. You can access those lessons by clicking on
the banner below. There is a link on that site that will bring you back
here. Enjoy!
&&& I am presently in the process of planning
the next "Get-Away Weekend"! For those of you who have not been to one
of these events the Get-Away weekends are enormously popular with my visitors.
These are just as the name implies, a weekend getaway where artists and
art lovers meet and exchange ideas. I will be there, of course, and I always
look forward to meeting many of the site's visitors, face-to-face.
&&& These events are absolutly free and
I have had nothing but wonderful comments about these meetings. I would
love for you to attend so that we might meet and paint together along with
the usual dozens who attend. I need your help in planning so if you have
an interest in knowing more simply click

我要回帖

更多关于 shared.artwork 的文章

随机推荐