The firefighters are storytellingg us something ( ) fire safety. A.to B.for C.about

The wise parents can tell whether their children are telling the truth____ they listen to their excuses to wrong deeds.
A.thefirsttime
B.forthefirsttime
C.everytime
D.foreverytime
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
The wise parents can tell whether their children are telling the truth____ they listen to their excuses to wrong deeds.
A.thefirsttime
B.forthefirsttime
C.everytime
D.foreverytime
A.thefirsttime
B.forthefirsttime
C.everytime
D.foreverytime
科目:最佳答案C
试题分析:考查连词短语:句意:每次孩子给做错事找借口的时候,明智的父母都能辨别孩子是否在讲真话。四个选项中AC可以做连接,接时间状语从句,the first time“第一次”,意思不对,选C。知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心According to the news report, have been injured in the big forest fire. A. many a firefighter B. more than one firefighter C. a great many firefighters D. a good number firefighters 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
According to the news report, ______ have been injured in the big forest fire.
A. many a firefighter         B. more than one firefighter
C. a great many firefighters    D. a good number firefighters &
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
An old problem is getting new attention in the United States—bullying.Recent cases included the tragic case of a fifteen-year-old girl whose family moved from Ireland.She hanged herself in Massachusetts in January following months of bullying.Her parents criticized her school for failing to protect her.Officials have brought criminal charges against several teenagers. Judy Kaczynski is president of an anti-bullying group called Bully Police USA.Her daughter Tina was the victim of severe bullying starting in middle school in the state of Minnesota.She said, &Our daughter was a very outgoing child.She was a bubbly personality, very involved in all kinds of things, had lots of friends.And over a period of time her grades fell completely.She started having health issues.She couldn't sleep.She wasn't eating.She had terrible stomach pains.She started clenching her jaw and grinding her teeth at night.Didn't want to go to school.& Bullying is defined as negative behavior repeated over time against the same person. It can involve physical violence.Or it can be verbal — for example, insults or threats.Spreading lies about someone or excluding a person from a group is known as social or relational bullying. And now there is cyberbullying, which uses the Internet, e-mail or text messages.It has easy appeal for the bully because it does not involve face-to-face contact and it can be done at any time. The first serious research studies into bullying were done in Norway in the late 1970s.The latest government study in the United States was released last year.It found that about one-third of students age twelve to eighteen were bullied at school. Susan Sweater is a psychologist at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and co-director of the Bullying Research Network.She says schools should treat bullying as a mental health problem to get bullies and victims the help they need.She says bullying is connected to depression, anxiety and anti-social behavior, and bullies are often victims themselves.
From the case of Tina, we can know that&&&&&&&&&&& . &&&&&&&& A.bullying is rare&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& B.victims suffered a lot &&&&&&&& C.schools are to blame&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D.personalities are related
Which of the following is NOT bullying? &&&&&&&& A.To beat someone repeatedly.&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& B.To call someone names. &&&&&&&& C.To isolate someone from friends.& D.To refuse to help someone in need. Why is cyberbullying appealing to the bully? &&&&&&&& A.Because it can involve more people.&&&&& B.Because it can create worse effects. &&&&&&&& C.Because it is more convenient.&&&&& &&&&&&&& D.Because it can avoid cheating.
According to Susan Sweater,&&&&&&&&&& . &&&&&&&& A.bullies are anti-social&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.bullies should give victims help &&&&&&&& C.students are not equally treated&&&&& D.bullies themselves also need help
Which of the following can be the best title of the text? &&&&&&&& A.Bullying—Old Irish Girl Committed Suicide &&&&&&&& B.15-Year-Old Irish Girl Committed Suicide &&&&&&&& C.Cyberbullying-Taking Off in Schools&&
D.How to Find Bullying among Teens
The Fifth China International Fair for Investment and Trade is expected to expand the country’s economic relations with the international community when it opens on September 9. The four-day fair will be held in the Economic Zone of Xiamen, a coastal city in East China’s Fujian province. Compared with the previous four fairs held annually since 1997, this year’s fair will provide more detailed information and better services for the participants, according to Xi Jinping, governor of the Fujian province and director of the organizing committee of the fair.
A series of high-level forums will be held on international investment and China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. Since 1997, Xiamen has successfully hosted four sessions of the China International Fair for Investment and Trade, drawing global attention. Xiamen will redouble its efforts to offer better services for all its guests and friends attending the fair, according to ZhuYayan, the mayor. Altogether 9,141 overseas-funded projects have been negotiated at the past four fairs, with a combined overseas investment of US $ 48.3 billion.
Altogether 1,838 projects using foreign investment were negotiated with a total overseas investment of US $ 9,47 billion. The 1,261 contracts signed at the fourth fair registered a combined pledged overseas investment of US $ 5 billion. The total export and import volume reached US $ 786 million.
1. What is the best title for this passage?
A. The Fifth Fair Will Be Held. & &&&&&& &&&&&& B. The Fair is Famous.
C. Fairs Attract the World Wide Attention. D. Xiamen is a Trade Zone.
2. How many fingers are there in the logo of the China Fair International Investment and Trade?
A. One. &&&&&& &&&&&& B. Two. &&&&&& &&&&&& C. Three. &&&&& &&&&&& D. Four. 3. Why is the golden key to success designed as the logo of CFIIT?
A. Because the fair will attract overseas investment to China.
B. Because it is a key to our home.
C. Because it is just like a key. D. Because the fair is held on August 9.
5. What is the average of the overseas investment on one project in the past four fairs?
A. 0.00380 billion. &&&&&& &&&&&& B. 0.00529 billion. C. 0.00513 billion. &&&&&& &&&&&& D. 0.00397 billion.
Right is right. Right? Of course. But is left wrong? Well, the Romans used to think so. They thought left-handed people were mistakes of nature. Latin, the language of the Romans, had many words that expressed this view. Some words we use today still have this meaning. The Latin word “dexter” means “right”. The English word “dexterous” comes from this word. It means “handy” (clever with hands). So, right is handy. But the Latin word for left is “sinister”. The English word “sinister” comes from this word. Sinister means “evil” (very bad). Is it fair to call right-handed people handy and left-handed people evil? Well, fair or not, many languages have words that express such beliefs. In old English, the word for left means “weak”. That isn’t much of an improvement over “evil”. &Not very long ago, children were often forced to write with their right hands. Doctors have since found that this can be very harmful. You should use the hand you were born to use. People who use their left hands are just starting to get better treatment. But why they get all these bad names in the first place? One reason may be that there are not as many left-handed people as there are right-handed people. There is one left-handed person for every five right-handed ones. People who are different are often thought to be wrong. But attitudes do seem to be changing. Fair-minded right-handed people are finally starting to give left-handed people a hand. 1. What does the passage lead us to believe when one writes? A. He can only use his right hand. B. He can only use his left hand. C. He can use either his left hand or his right hand. D. He can use both his left hand and his right hand. 2. The last sentence of this article means ________. A. Fair-minded right-handed people want to change the habit of the left-handed people B. Fair-minded right-handed people are starting to help the left-handed people C. Fair-minded right-handed people are starting to use left hand to write and so on D. Fair-minded right-handed people are starting to give up using their left hands 3. After we read the article we can certainly know that _______. A. left-handed people have been treated poorly B. the number of the left-handed people is larger than that of right-handed people C. right-handed people are much cleverer than left-handed people D. left-handed people are less smart but hardworking 4. Which of the following is NOT right, according to the article? A. At one time, left-handed people were forced to use their right hands. B. Left-handed people today are being treated better than those in the past. C. There are not as many left-handed people as there are right-handed people today. D. “Dexterous” comes from Latin, means “evil” and English “sinister” means “handy”.
When I was growing up, I had an old neighbor named Dr. Gibbs. He didn’t look like any doctor I’d ever known. He never yelled at us for playing in his yard. I remember him as someone who was a lot nicer than most of the adults in our community.   When Dr. Gibbs wasn’t saving lives, he was planting trees. His house sat on ten acres, and his life’s goal was to make it a forest.   The good doctor had some interesting theories concerning plant care and growth. He never watered his new trees, which flew in the face of conventional wisdom. Once I asked why. He said that watering plants spoiled them so that each successive tree generation would grow weaker and weaker. So you have to make things rough for them and weed out(淘汰) the weaker trees early on. He talked about how watering trees made for shallow roots, and how trees that weren’t watered had to grow deep roots in search of moisture. I took him to mean that deep roots were to be treasured.   So he never watered his trees. He planted an oak and, instead of watering it every morning, he’d beat it with a rolled-up newspaper. Smack! Slap! Pow! I asked him why he did that, and he said it was to get the tree’s attention. Dr. Gibbs passed away a couple of years after I left home. Every now and again, I walked by his house and looked at the trees that I’d watched him plant some twenty-five years ago. They’re extremely tall, big and robust since they have deep roots now. However, the trees in my garden trembled in a cold wind although I had watered them for several years. It seems that adversity(逆境) and suffering benefit these trees in ways comfort and ease never could. I stood there deep in thought.   Every night before I go to bed, I check on my two sons. I stand over them and watch their little bodies, the rising and falling of life within. I often pray for them. Mostly I pray that their lives will be easy. But I think it’s time to change my prayer(祷词) because now I know my children are going to encounter hardship.. According to Dr. Gibbs’ theories, trees will become weaker if they______ &&& A. are lack of care&& B. are watered&& C. are weeded out&&& D. are beaten .According to Para.3 and Pare.4, we can infer that Dr. Gibbs’moto(座右铭)may be_____ &&&& A. “seeing is believing”&&&&&&& B.“Put everything in proper use” &&&& C. ”Practice makes perfect”&&&& D. “No pains, no gains” .The underlined word robust in Para.5 most probably means______ &&&&& A. strong&&&&&&&& B. strange&&&&&&&& C. deep&&&&&&& D. old
Which of the following may be the author’s best prayer for his two sons now ? & A. I wish them strong wings, with which they can fly higher and touch the sky. & B.I wish them nice fortune so that they can meet people like Dr. Gibbs in the future. & C.I wish them deep roots into the earth since the rains fall and the winds blow often. & D.I wish them great shades under the tree since the sunlight is always sharp and bitter.
Which of the following can be the best title of the passage? && A. A Nice Doctor&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. The Deep Roots&&
C. Adversity and Suffering&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. My Childhood Memory
Have you ever noticed what happens to an idea once you express it? Just talking about it or writing it down causes you to make it clear in your own mind.How can you use this to increase your brain power? Start writing. &&& By putting thoughts into words, you are telling yourself the logic (逻辑) behind what you think, feel, or only partly understand.Often, explaining a thought is the process of understanding.In other words, you increase your brain power by exercising your “explain power.”
&&& Try this experiment.Explain how you’ll increase your brain power, even if you have no idea how right now.Just start with anything, and create an explanation.For example, start with “I’ll learn chess,” or “I’ll read an article on the mind every week.” Explain how that will help.You’ll be surprised how often this becomes a workable plan, and if you actually do this, you’ll have a better understanding of your brain twenty minutes from now. &&& Another benefit of writing is that it helps you remember.Many, if not most, highly productive people are always taking notes.You can try keeping it all in your head, but if you keep a journal of your ideas the next time you’re working on a big project, you’ll probably have more success. && Want to understand a topic? Write a book about it.That’s an extreme example, but if you are learning something new, write a letter to a friend about it, and you will understand it better.Want to invent something? Write an explanation of the problem, why you want to solve it, and why it is worth solving, and you’re half-way there. &&& Writers don’t always write because they clearly understand something beforehand.Often, they write about something because they want to understand it.You can do the same.Writing will help bring you to an understanding.Give it a try. What would be the best title for the text? &&& A.A Way on How to Write&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& B.Increase Your Brain Power through Writing &&& C.Brain Power Helps Improve Your Writing&&&
&&&&&& D.How to Start Your Writing According to the text, writing can help you a lot in the following ways EXCEPT ______. &&& A.the increase of your brain power&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& B.the ability to remember &&& C.the development of your interest in study&&
&&&&&& D.the better understanding of a topic If a writer writes something, it means that he or she _______. &&& A.has understood it very well&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& B.needs to understand it better &&& C.wants to remember it in his or her mind&&
&&&&&& D.is exercising his or her “explain power” The underlined sentence “you’re half-way there” in the fifth paragraph implies that ______. && & A.you are already successful&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& B.you still need to work hard &&& C.writing can help you walk half way&&&&&
&&&&&& D.writing is important to solve problems What’s the main purpose of the writer writing the text? &&& A.To advise readers to start their writing .&&&&&
&&&&&& B.To explain the importance of writing. &&& C.To persuade readers to become writers.&&&& & &&&&&& D.To increase readers’ brain power.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!If the firefighters in time, the fire would have resulted in many deaths in the hotel.A.wouldn’t have arrivedB.hadn’t arrivedC.didn’t arriveD.shouldn’t arrive 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
If the firefighters ________ in time, the fire would have resulted in many deaths in the hotel.A.wouldn’t have arrivedB.hadn’t arrivedC.didn’t arriveD.shouldn’t arrive
请在这里输入关键词:
来源:河北省邢台一中学年高二下学期第四次月考英语试题
  Two year s ago, Wendy Ha snip, 47,experienced a brain injury that left her speechle s s for two week s.When she finally recovered, she found her self talking with what seemed to be a French accent.“I phoned a friend the other day, and she spent the fir st ten minute s laughing, ” Ha snip said at the time, “while I have nothing again st the French.”
  Ha snip suffered from foreign accent syndrome(外国口音综合症), a rare condition in which people find them selve s speaking their own language like someone from a foreign country.The condition u sually occur s in people who have experienced a head injury or a stroke-a sudden lo s s of con sciou sne s s, sen sation, or movement cau sed by a blocked or broken blood ve s selin the brain.
  The condition wa s fir st identified during the Second World War in a Norwegian woman who se head wa s injured during an attack by the German military.The woman recovered but wa s left with a German-sounding accent, to the horror of fellow villager s who avoided her after that.
  Re searcher s have di scovered that the combined effect of the damage to several part s of the brain make s victim s lengthen certain syllable, mi spronounce sound s, and change the normal pitch(音高)of their voice.Tho se change s in speech add up to what sound s like a foreign accent.
  Another re searcher, a phonetician, say s victim s of the syndrome don't acquire a true foreign accent.Their strangely changed speech only re semble s the foreign accent with which it ha s a few sound s in common.
  When an Engli sh woman named Annie recently developed foreign accent syndrome after a stroke, she spoke with what seemed to be a Scotti sh accent.However, Annie' s Scotti sh coworker s said she didn't sound at all like a Scot.
According to the pa s sage, people ________ may have foreign accent syndrome.
who se parent ha s experienced a head injury
who have lived in a foreign country for a long time
who have lo st their con sciou sne s s owing to a stroke
who have learned foreign language from their coworker s
If a per son suffer s foreign accent syndrome, ________.
hi s coworker s will be afraid of him and avoid contacting with him
he ha s more chance of suffering stroke again
he will speak a fluent foreign language like native speaker s
hi s speech only ha s a few sound s in common with the foreign accent
Writing thi s pa s sage, the writer' s main purpo se i s to ________.
introduce foreign accent syndrome and some related information
warn people not to be at the ri sk of experiencing a stroke
make it clear that foreign accent syndrome can be cured
tell a story of an injured woman during the Second World War
来源:2013届云南省景洪市高二上学期期末考试英语试卷(解析版)
University of Oxford is the oldest university in theEnglish-speaking world and it’s one of the top university in the world. Thereis no clear date when the university started, but teaching began at Oxford insome forms in 1096 and developed quickly from 1167.There are 39 independent(独立的) colleges at Oxford, attracting students and learnedmen from across the world. There are over 100 libraries for the students andlearned men to use. At University of Oxford, they also provide a number ofmoney for the best students. Of course, if you want to study here, first youhave to reach a certain level of English language.College life at Oxford is very exciting but busy. Thegroups of college provide a friendly and welcoming home for students while thecollege are strict with students about their studies. Many Chinese students arestudying here. The number of Chinese students at the university has grownquickly over the past 10 years.根据短文内容,从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出能回答所提问题或完成所给句子的最佳答案。(共3小题,每小题1.5分,满分4.5分)1.What do you have to do first if you want to ask firstudying at Oxford? You have to________.A.beindependentB.pass acertain level test of English languageC.study EnglishhardD.be the beststudents2.How’s the college life at Oxford? It’s full of________ and has __________.A.much school work to doB.no school work to doC.no school work to doD. alittle school work to do3.What’s the best title for the passage?.A.The CollegeLifeB.The FamousLearners at OxfordC.The ChineseStudents at OxfordD.TheUniversity of Oxford&
来源:2014届辽宁盘锦市高二第一次阶段考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:其他题
Starting high school is an exciting event. &71&&&Try these tips to help make the transition to high schoolgo smoothly for you and your teenager.Talk to your teenager. Find out how yourteenager feels about high school.&72&&Share some of yourown experiences with them, and see if you can get an older cousin or familyfriend to talk to them, as well.Orientation(迎新会) is a good thing.&73&&Theschool will also likely have a parents’ night or parents’ orientation before ofshortly after the school year begins. Your teenager may discourage you fromattending it, but it is important for you to learn what to expect during theirhigh school years. It is also a good opportunity to meet with teachers andother parents.74&Beforeschool starts, talk with your teenager about what their daily schedule will belike, what classes they will be taking, and how they will manage their time.Discuss any extracurricular(课外的) activities they might like to take part in. It is important foryou to know their after-school plans. Then you can set some limits on thingsincluding where they are, whom they are with, and how they will be transported.&&75&&High school is a time when teenagers ask for their independence.However, it is important that you remind your teenager that you are still theparent. For example, they may want to decide when to do their homework or whento go to bed, and may start spending more time on the computer or phone. Whileit is OK fir you to loosen up on some things and let them make some of thesedecisions, make sure your teenager knows the limits.
A.Set a good example.
B.They likely have both fear and anxiety.
C.Don’t forget about after-school activities.
D.Give your teenagers some independence.
E.&There you can get some advice fromother parents.F.&Make sure your teenager attends itif the high school has one.G.&However, it can also cause somestress and anxiety for both parents and teenagers.71 &________&& 72 _________73 _________ 74 _________ 75 __________&
来源:山西省三校2010届高三下学期4月联考(英语)
Safety and Security Procedures Your safety and the security of yourpersonal property are of the primary concern to those of us who welcome you asour guest. We urge you to take advantage of the following suggestions.YOUR VEHICLELock your vehicle and do not leave money orvaluable items inside. We are not responsible for their loss.TRAVELINGBe observant (机警) when sightseeing ortraveling. Stay in well-lit and heavily traveled areas. Don’t display largeamounts of cash.GUEST ROOM SECURITYFor additional security use the deadbolt (插锁) provided on your door andmake sure the windows are locked. As an additional precaution (预防措施), please secure thesecondary locks provided. Do not admit anyone to your room without first makingidentification. A one-way viewer is provided in your door to assist withidentification(识别).If there is any doubt about the person’s identify, please contact the FrontDesk.SAFETY BOXESDo not leave money or valuables in yourroom or vehicle. We provide free safety boxes for your use. Hotel is notresponsible for items left in room valued over$200.KEYSSafeguard your key. Please do not leave itin the door. Do not give your key to others or leave it unattended. Pleaseleave your key at the Front Desk when you check out.REPORTING Please report any suspicious activity, orsafety concerns to management.FIRPlease familiarize yourself with thenearest fire exists. Report fire or smoke to the hotel operator. In theunlikely event of a fire, please move quickly and calmly to the nearest safeexit and leave the building. Avoid the use of elevator.60. The suggestions are most probablyfrom_____.A. a hotelmanager&&&&&&&&&&& B. apolice officerC. an experiencedtraveler&&&&& D. a tour guide61. Which of the following is TRUE?A. It is advised to travel to places wherethere are few people.B. The hotel is not responsible foranything you lose.C. Don’t report to the manager unless youare sure something is going wrong.D. You’d better use the deadbolt and thesecondary locks for safety.62. If you feel doubtful about a strangerwho knocks at the door, you should____.A. let the person in after you have gothis/her nameB. open the door to check the person’s IDcardC. call the Front Desk to make sureD. contact the local police for assistance63. What does the underlined part “ In theunlikely event of a fire” mean?A. In case a fire happens, though it is notvery possible.B. If a fire happens when some big eventsare taking place.C. In case a fire happens in a publicbuilding.D. If a fire breaks out and it is gettingout of control.&
来源:学年浙江省慈溪市高三上学期期中考试英语题
In the last years of the WarringStates period, the State of Qin attacked the State of Wei on a large scalerepeatedly and occupied large areas of land, for the State of Wei was too weakto defend itself. In 273 B.C. ,the Qin army launched a more serious attack uponthe State of Wei than ever. The king of the State of Wei gathered hisofficials, and asked with a worried look if anyone could propose a way todefeat the Qin army. After years of chaos caused by the wars, the officialstrembled when fighting was mentioned, and no one dared to speak of resistance.At the critical moment when alarge enemy force was bearing down upon the border, most of the officialspersuaded the king to use for peace, at the cost of giving away to the State ofQin the large area of land north of the Huanghe River and south of the TaihangMountain. However Su Dai, a counselor, did not agree. He hurried up to the kingand said:&Your Majesty, they don't think about the interests of thecountry at all. It is just because they are afraid of death that they ask youto sue for peace by betraying the country. Of course you can temporarilysatisfy the ambition of Qin, but it will never stop attacking us until our landis totally given away.&He added.& Once there was aman whose house was on fire. People told him to put out the fire with water, buthe would not listen. Instead, he carried a faggot to put out the fire, only tomake the fire fiercer. Isn't it similar to carrying faggots to put out a fireif you agree to sue for peace at the cost of the land of the State ofWei?&Though Sue Dai's argument wasvery convincing, the king accepted the suggestion of those officials and gaveaway to the State of Qin a large area of the land of the State of Wei. As mightbe expected, the Qin army attacked the State of Wei in 225 B.C. Again, surroundingthe capital city Daliang and flooding it by digging open the dykes(堤防) of the Huanghe River.The State of Wei was finally destroyed.1.When asked how to defeat the Qin army, mostofficials &&&&&&&&&&&&&&.&&& A.were scared and at a losswhat to do&&& B.were worried and asked SuDai fir advice&&& C.decided to ask a force tobear down upon the border&&& D.trembled and decided togive up fighting back2.The underlined phrase &sue for& inParagraph 2 probably means &&&&&&&&&&&&&&.&&& A.hope for&&&&&&&B.beg for&&&& & C.search for&&&& D.send for3.Su Dai used the example of &carryingfaggots to put out a fire& to show&&&&&&&&&&&&&.&&& A.the ambition of the Stateof Qin&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& B.the risk of fighting back&&& C.the serious results ofgiving in &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.the terrible results of defense4.The story is mainly developed by&&&&&&&&.&&& A.time&&&&&&&&&&B.logic&&&&&& && C.space&&&&& & D.cause and effect&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 storytelling 的文章

随机推荐