It’s known by everyone权限 that______ horse is______ useful animal.马前面用不用加冠词?

单项选择:A horse is_____useful animal.A.an
C.the说明选择的原因,谢谢为什么不选C?告诉我一下谢了
the +n 表示这个n是特定的名词而题中的horse 只是广泛意义的马的意思.翻译为:马是种很有用的动物.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
b 虽然U是元音,但发音确属辅音
useful的音标是['jusful]不是元音!所以用a
答案 Buseful是辅音 y 开头
必须不选C,因为它只是一般的陈述,说马是有用的动物。而不是说,确定的某匹马。假如说前文曾经提到一个有用的动物的话,就可以选C了,表示指确定的某匹马。
扫描下载二维码1.Mike is _______ honest boy.A.the B.an C.a D./2.A horse is _________ useful animal.A.a B.an C.the D./3.It's half _________ hour's walk from here to our school.A.an B.a C.the D.some4.The football hit him ________.A.in the head B.on the head C.in his face D.on his face5._______ ground was covered with _______ snow.A.The...the B.The.../ C./.../ D.The...a6.Shanghai is in ________ east of China.A./ B.an C.a D.the7.Grandpa was in _______ hospital.Father went to ________ hospital to take care of him.A.the...the B./...the C.the.../ D./.../8.It is such _______ important match that we can't miss it.A.a B./ C.an D.the9.This kind of _______ is important to us.A.newspapers B.newspaper c.a newspaper D.the newspaper10.The boys of Class One often play _______ football in the afternoon.A.the B.a C./ D.some
baacbdacbc嘿嘿,我今年也初三,我是英语课代表
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码____ horse is ___ useful animal.
B.The, the
the horse特指马这类动物,
a useful animal意为:一种有用的动物.
阅读《知识分子》,完成题。(共14分)知识分子吴念真①我定义的知识分子,是在一群人里面知识比大家多一点点,而且会把多的那一部分奉献给大家,那才叫知识分子。我们村庄里有一个人,他到底念过多少书我们都不知道,可是他知道很多东西。他知道矿工的许多事情,他常常坐在矿坑边看书,他看的书是《文艺春秋》,还是日文的。 ②他会做一些让村里人感到奇怪的事情,比如在日文杂志上看到盘尼西林,就会跟人家讲这个消炎很管用。小孩子在夏天被蚊子咬,伤口烂了,晚上哇哇哭。他就去买了盘尼西林,跟大家说要交钱,又说这个不能直接用,要试验。大家不相信,就围着看他怎样实验。他往针头加一点儿水,然后注射,看皮肤有没有肿胀。最先打针的是他儿子,他儿子很疼,就大哭。大家都说会死,他说书上说不会死。那天晚上他儿子没事了,第二天所有小朋友都把裤子脱下来让他打针。③他会帮全村人写信,经常有很多女人在村口拿着信纸等他。大家都对他很恭敬。他帮人家写信,先要端端正正地坐下来,头发亮亮的,拿出一支很旧的派克笔,然后问人家要写什么。村里的妈妈说话很粗鲁的,就说,你跟我那个在台北的死小孩讲,他自己在台北逍遥没关系,全家都快饿死了。他弟弟妹妹的学校要注册了,如果钱再不寄回来,全家上吊,我真的死给他看……他就开始写,写完后还会念给人家听,说你看我这样写对不对。他会写,比如说,吾儿,最近家中有一点困难,如果有一点余钱就寄回来,弟妹也要念书要注册,都是父母无能才造成今天这样的。然后祝平安,讲身体要保重。然后问妈妈,这样写对不对。妈妈说,对。他通常扮演这种角色。④有一天他看到我,就把我叫过来。他说,有一天我会老,会死掉,就没有人帮邻居写信了,你要接替伯伯帮大家写信。然后掏出一样东西,用报纸包得好好的。我打开看,是《尺牍》,古代的应用文。⑤村子里的人知道我被他训练着写信,看到我就说,你出师了没?其实才一两个礼拜而已。渐渐地,就有很多人找我写信,有人高兴地跟伯伯说,你的徒弟现在可以写信了,写得很好。他就说,这样啊,他很认真,我就可以轻松一点儿了。⑥有一天发生了一件大事,影响了我一辈子。我们那边是矿区,很多人的女儿十五六岁就去工厂做工,我姑妈就有这样一个女儿。有一次她带了个男人回来,说要结婚。姑妈就劝她,说你再忍耐几年,让弟弟妹妹都念完书,你再结婚好不好。她说好,就哭着回去继续工作。两三年以后,她又带了一个男人回来。这个男人是一个公家单位的秘书,他认为姑妈的女儿很单纯,想跟她结婚,来请求姑妈把女儿嫁给他。⑦那天,村里的男人们陪他在外面喝酒,女人们在厨房忙。姑妈跟女儿说,那个人很好,但是妈妈也求你,弟弟还小,再等两年。后来那男人就走了。过了五六天,他寄来一封信,我还记得是公家用的黄色信封,上面的毛笔字非常漂亮。打开后是很长的国画宣纸,行书。我真的看不懂,信里说,他来我们这里,被我们招待得很好,很感谢。后面我看到几个字,非常清楚,叫“虎毒亦不食子”。我就跟姑妈说,老虎再凶也不会吃自己的小孩。我姑妈听了就开始撞墙,开始哭。谁不希望自己的孩子幸福?可是她必须要拜托女儿帮忙家里,结果一个男的竟然写信来指责她。最后所有女人都来抱着她劝,说我根本看不懂,是乱看的,骂我。 ⑧后来教我写信的伯伯回来了,他看了信后,对大家说:“那个男人信里说,他受到招待很感谢,这里的人都很诚恳,每个人都把他的对象当做自己的女儿疼爱。不管怎样,他都默默等待。”然后就说,信里没有“虎毒亦不食子”的话。于是大家都骂我,姑妈也骂我,说差点被我害死。可是我真的看见啊,我就哭着回家。 ⑨有一天,我不晓得他是蓄意等我还是怎样,他把我叫到一棵树下,坐下来说,你没有看错,但是要知道,话可以这样讲,也可以那样讲。他的意思是,姑妈的女儿会不会嫁给这个男的,谁也不知道;那个男的会不会等,谁也不知道,反正都不知道,就慢慢等嘛。就这样解释好了啊,你干嘛要去讲那个“虎毒亦不食子”,让你姑妈去撞墙,万一死了怎么办啊? ⑩我那时候不觉得怎么样,长大了才知道,那就是知识分子的典型。他不但知道如何奉献,还知道如何传承,知道在这个过程中把苦难转化。除了他之外,我所受的教育,包括老师、教授,从来没有跟我讲过这样的道理。(有删改)小题1:根据文章①—⑤段的内容,填写下面的表格。(3分)
知识分子所做的事情
村里人对他的态度
用学到的知识为村里的小孩治病
帮助村里人写信
小题2:结合第③段的内容,说说伯伯那样帮助“村里的妈妈”写信会产生什么样的效果?(4分)小题3:结合文章内容,说说那件“大事”为什么会影响作者“一辈子”?(7分)(不超过150个字)
阅读《皇帝的新装》选段,完成小题。①“我倒很想知道衣料究竟织得怎样了。”皇帝想。不过,想起凡是愚蠢或不称职的人就看不见这布,心里的确感到不大自然。他相信自己是无须害怕的,但仍然觉得先派一个人去看看工作的进展情形比较妥当。全城的人都听说这织品有一种多么神奇的力量,所以大家也都渴望借这个机会测验一下:他们的邻人究竟有多么笨,或者有多么傻。②“我要派我诚实的老大臣到织工那儿去。”皇帝想,“他最能看出这布料是什么样子,因为他很有理智,就称职这点说,谁也不及他。”③这位善良的老大臣来到那两个骗子的屋子里,看见他们正在空织布机上忙碌地工作。④“愿上帝可怜我吧!”老大臣想,(甲)他把眼睛睁得特别大,“我什么东西也没有看见!”但是他没敢把这句话说出口来。⑤那两个骗子请他走近一点,同时指着那两架空织布机问他花纹是不是很美丽,色彩是不是很漂亮。(乙)可怜的老大臣眼睛越睁越大,仍然看不见什么东西,因为的确没有东西。⑥“我的老天爷!”他想,“难道我是愚蠢的吗?我从来没有怀疑过自己。这一点绝不能让任何人知道。难道我是不称职的吗?不成!我决不能让人知道我看不见布料。”⑦“哎,您一点意见也没有吗?”一个正在织布的骗子说。⑧“哎呀,美极了!真是美极了!”老大臣一边说,(丙)一边从他的眼镜里仔细地看,“多么美的花纹!多么美的色彩!是的,我将要呈报皇上,我对这布料非常满意。”⑨“嗯,我们听了非常高兴。”两个骗子齐声说。于是他们就把色彩和稀有的花纹描述了一番,还加上些名词。老大臣注意地听着,以便回到皇帝那儿可以照样背出来。事实上他也这样做了。10这两个骗子又要了更多的钱,更多的生丝和金子,说是为了织布的需要。他们把这些东西全装进了腰包。小题1:用简要的语言概括选段所写的内容。(2分)小题2:分析选段中三处画线语句,说说分别表现了老大臣当时怎样的内心活动?(3分)甲处:                        乙处:                         丙处:                          小题3:第9段中,骗子在描述布料的“色彩和稀有的花纹”时,老大臣为什么“注意地听着”?(2分)小题4:老大臣的表现与皇帝对他的评价有什么不同?作者这样写的目的何在?(4分)
阅读下面现代文,完成小题(22分)他是一片温暖的湖泊
(张守仁)①我和汪老曾有较多的接触,时间最长的一次是1991年4月红塔山笔会期间,俩人共住一室达半个月之久,我面对面地向他学到了许多东西,终身难忘。②汪老对我说:写作就是写语言。一篇作品的语言,好比河中的流水,切不断,割不开,互相融合,牵一发而动全身。所以他年轻时写的作品都能背出来,因为作品的语言有内在的节奏和韵律。记得《沙家浜》剧本在传阅过程中,有一场戏的稿子丢失了,团里领导和打字员急得团团转。汪老安慰他们,叫他们放心,不要着急。然后,他坐在打字机旁,将这场戏从第一个字一直背到了最后一个字。③汪老说:要随时随地注意用文学语言描写你所见到的生活现象。他下放到张家口劳动住羊舍时,外面有一带树墙,夜班火车驶过时,车窗里的灯光一一照射在树墙上。怎样描述这种现象呢?他在《羊舍一夕》中是这样写的:“车窗蜜黄的灯光,一一照在树墙上,一方块,一方块,川流不息地追赶着……你总觉得刮下满地枝叶来似的……”“刮”字,表示火车灯光的力度和速度。④汪曾祺到美国做访问学者时,在哈佛大学、耶鲁大学演讲的题目就是《中国文学的语言问题》,由此可见他对文学语言的重视。⑤我喜欢写散文,利用深夜长谈的机会,向汪老请教写散文的经验。他告诉我:写散文应克制,要像画画似的留白。有的散文家的作品像一团火,熊熊燃烧,但看完觉得空空洞洞,留不下什么印象。写散文需要阅历,没有坎坷,没有痛苦,便写不出好文章。散文不能落入俗套,切忌拿腔拿调。所以,他一直希望把散文写得平易自然,写得平淡一点,像家常话,亲切、朴素;当然也可以工笔、繁密,如何其芳的《画梦录》,别有风采,像一丛秾丽的花,“但这样的散文,我写不出来。”⑥有一次我对汪老说:“我不是京剧迷,但对您执笔写的《沙家浜o智斗》中阿庆嫂的那段唱词特别欣赏,即:‘垒起七星灶,铜壶煮三江,摆开八仙桌,招待十六方。来的都是客,全凭嘴一张。’”汪老手里夹了一支烟,凑到嘴边猛吸一口,笑道:“你对这段唱词别太认真,我在那里搞了一组数字游戏。‘铜壶煮三江’,是受到苏东坡诗词的启发。‘人一走,茶就凉’,也是数字概念,它表示零。”⑦我说:“没有诗词修养,古文功底,是写不出这段唱词的。”于是,他回忆起自己的童年:他的祖父汪嘉勋是清朝末年的拔贡,从小就督促他握笔描红,背古文。到了小学五年级,祖父亲自给他讲《论语》,叫他多练毛笔字。祖父说:“你要耐心,把基础打好了,够你受用一辈子。”汪老说:“我13岁那年写了一篇八股文,祖父见了叹息道,‘如果在清朝,你完全可以中一个秀才。’祖父见我有了长进,就送我几本名贵的碑帖和一方紫色端砚。”⑧在南国的那些春夜里,汪老跟我畅谈西南联大。谈在张家口时农科所叫他画土豆和马铃薯花,画成了一部《中国马铃薯图谱》,可惜没有像沈从文的《中国古代服饰研究》一样留传下来。那部《画谱》的原稿在“文革”中被毁掉了,他十分遗憾。⑨有一天到了大理,我们在下关市游了洱海,参观了蝴蝶泉,晚上看了大理白族歌舞团演出的三道茶歌舞晚会。回到宾馆就寝,汪老把头靠在床栏上,颇为得意地对我说:“小张,你知道吗,我之所以写这几篇论述烹饪的文章,是因为我是《中国烹饪》杂志的特约撰稿人。要当一个名厨,必须有丰富的想象力,不能墨守成规,要不断创新,创造出新菜、新味来。照着菜谱做菜,绝没有出息。”⑩汪老是美食家。一路上他坐到哪一桌吃饭,大家便众星捧月似的围着他,跟到哪一桌;他爱吃什么菜,大家跟着吃,很快那盆菜就吃得精光。(11)经过那次笔会,我和汪老互相熟悉了起来,他把出版的《蒲桥集》签上名送给我,还写了一首七言诗,叫我去拿。记得前两句是“独有慧心分品格,不随俗眼看文章”。(12)汪老的诗好,画好,文好。他不仅古诗写得好,白话诗也极有味道。但就是因为一首新诗《早春》,给他带来了灾难。(13)1992年春天,我和《哥德巴赫猜想》的作者徐迟,还有王元化先生,在深圳西湖度假。一日,徐迟到我的房间小坐,见桌上放着一本《汪曾祺作品自选集》,拿起来翻了翻,突然用书掩住脸,怀着歉疚的心情说:“是我害了他。”我吃了一惊,问他何出此言?他说:“1957年6月,我在《诗刊》编辑部工作,看到汪曾祺寄来的一组新诗《早春》。第一首是《彩旗》,只有两句:‘当风的彩旗,像一片被缚住的波浪’,我很欣赏,给他发表在《诗刊》上,这就惹了祸。‘反右’运动以后,《早春》和《彩旗》受到了无情批判,说作者诬蔑红旗是不自由的、被束缚的。他因此被划成了右派,下放张家口劳动。如果我不发他这组诗,也许他就没有这样的遭遇了。”(14)汪老遭遇重重坎坷,却始终淡定、幽默、乐观地笑对人生,是许多人的良师益友;他虽未曾高居要职,却以自己的文学才华和人格魅力影响了几代读者——汪曾祺,是一片温暖的湖泊。
(原文有改动)小题1:解释下列加线词语在句中的意思。(2分)一路上他坐到哪一桌吃饭,大家便众星捧月似的围着他,跟他到哪一桌。小题2:请从修辞方法的角度对“一篇作品的语言,好比河中的流水,切不断,割不开,互相融合,牵一发而动全身”这句话的表达效果进行评析。(3分)小题3:第⑤段中汪老教给作者哪些写散文的经验?(3分)小题4:第⑦段中作者插叙了汪老童年时的哪几件事?叙述这几件事运用了哪种记叙顺序?(5分)小题5:根据你对文章的理解,说说第(14)段在文中的作用。(4分)小题6:第③段叙述汪老对作者写作方面的指导时,汪老的“用文学语言描写你所见到的生活现象”的写作经验,很值得我们学习与借鉴。请结合你的观察与体验,用文学语言写出生活中的某一情景。(5分)
高考全年学习规划
该知识易错题
该知识点相似题
高考英语全年学习规划讲师:李辉
更多高考学习规划:
客服电话:400-676-2300
京ICP证050421号&京ICP备号 &京公安备110-1081940& 网络视听许可证0110531号
旗下成员公司请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Domestic (驯养的) horses now pull ploughs, race in the Kentucky Derby, and carry police. But early horses weren’t tame (驯服的) enough to perform these kinds of tasks. Scientists think the first interactions humans had with horses were far different from those today.
Thousands of years ago, people killed the wild horses that lived around them for food. Over time, people began to catch the animals and raise them. This was the first step in domestication.
As people began to tame and ride horses, they chose to keep those animals that had more desirable characteristics. For example, people may have chosen to keep horses that had a gentle personality so they could be ridden more easily. People who used horses to pull heavy loads would have chosen to keep stronger animals. Characteristics like strength are partly controlled by the animals’ genes. So as the domesticated horses reproduced, they passed the characteristics on to their young. Each new generation of houses would show more of these chosen characteristics.
Modern day horse breeds come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. This variety didn’t exist in the horse population before domestication. The Shetland horse is one of the smallest breeds—typically reaching only one meter tall. With short, strong legs, the animals were bred to pull coal out of mine shafts (矿井) with low ceilings. Huge horses like the Clydesdale came on the scene around 1700. People bred these heavy, tall horses to pull large vehicles used for carrying heavy loads.
The domestication of horses has had great effects on societies. For example, horse were important tools in the advancement of modern agriculture. Using them to pull ploughs and carry heavy loads allowed people to farm more efficiently. Before they were able to ride horses, humans had to cross land on foot. Riding horses allowed people to travel far greater distance in much less time. That encouraged populations living in different areas to interact with one another. The new from of rapid transportation helped cultures spread around the world.
Before domestication horses were ______.
A. caught for sports &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. hunted for food&&
C. made to pull ploughs&&&&&&&&&&&& D. used to carry people
The author uses the Shetland horse as an example to show ______.
A. it is smaller than the Clydesdale horse&&&&&& B. horse used to have gentle personalities
C. some horses have better shaped than others
&&& D. horses were of less variety before domestication
Horses contributed to the spread of culture by ______.
A. carrying heavy loads &&&&&&&&&&B. changing farming methods
C. serving as a means of transport&&&& D. advancing agriculture in different areas
The passage is mainly about _______.
A. why humans domesticated horses&&&& B. how humans and horses needed each other
C. why horses came in different shapes and sizes
D. how human societies and horses influenced each other
来源:学年广西德保高中高二第八次月考英语卷
Mr. Brown’s horse was stolen at night. All of his friends were very sorry about it and came to see him together. After they had been told about it, one of them said, “Why did not you lock the door of your stable (马房)that night? I think it is your fault.”“You aren’t deaf, are you?” the second man said, “Didn’t you hear anything at that moment? The thief must have driven the beast out of the gate, and couldn’t have carried it on his back.”“I agree with them!” Blamed the third, “How careless you are! Every evening before I go to bed, I lock my stable first and hide the key in my box. Why didn’t you do so?”The more they said, the more excited they became. At last Mr. Brown couldn’t bear it any more and said, “I am glad that you have come to see me. But none of you would help me either look for my horse or catch the thief. Do you think that it’s all my fault? Why don’t you blame the thief?【小题1】 The first man thought it’s Mr. Brown’s fault because _______.A.let the door openB.locked the doorC.had the door unlockedD.had the horse locked up【小题2】 The second man thought Mr. Brown _________________.was a
deaf&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. was very carefulC. must hear something when the thief stole the horse&&&&&D. couldn’t hear anything at that time【小题3】 The third man thought ________________.A.the horse must be driven outB.Mr. Brown did hide his key in his boxC.Mr. Brown wasn’t blamed by the thirdD.Mr. Brown wasn’t careful.【小题4】 The more his friends said the more Mr. Brown ______________.A. became excited&&& B got angry&&& C could bear&&&&&& D blamed them 【小题5】____________ should be blamed.A. Mr. Brown&&&&& B his friends&&&&&& C The thief&&&&& D All of them
来源:2012届辽宁省大连市第四十四中学高三模拟考试英语试卷(带解析)
Joey is loyal, encouraging and self-sacrificing, always putting others’ interests ahead of his own. He is a hard worker, who also loves to run and play. In short, he’s an ideal friend and a heroic character.Here is the thing: Joey is a horse, who appears as the main character in Steven Spielberg’s new film War Horse.It is based on Michael Morpurgo’s 1982 novel, which also caused the same-titled Tony Awards winning play.The film follows the saga of Joey, a racehorse that’s trained for farm work under the loving care of Albert (Jeremy Irvine )after Albert’s drunk father Ted(Peter Mullan ) overpays for the animal at auction(拍卖会).Then the World War I tears Albert and Joey apart. Joey is sold into the war effort for the British and starts his episodic adventures in Europe. Splendidly staged, the battle plots in the film are visually astounding and impressive.And with Spielberg’s unique, top-notch direction and storytelling skills, War Horse cannot escape its episodic nature, calling to mind another Spielberg film about the horrors of war and its effects upon soldiers and civilians—Saving Private Ryan.While that film shocked with horrific scenes of bleeding, it relied on a company of easily-described characters and a focused storyline to present heroic themes.Like Saving Private Ryan, War Horse clings to a series of characters, not only Albert, but also British officers, French civilians and German soldiers, who display courage in the face of danger. Everyone who comes in contact with Joey is either already in touch with their inner angel or is quickly moved to become more humane.Although none of this covers the fact that we’ve seen this stuff elsewhere before, the lovely sentiment will steal your heart.And the emotional signature of Spielberg can be felt as he establishes the relationship between the boy and the horse and the mood of the piece – there will be tears. Therefore, calling this beautiful, dramatically incomplete film “ Saving Private Joey”, is entirely justifiable. 【小题1】In common with “ Saving Private Ryan”, the film& War Horse _________ .A.is full of terrifying scenes of bleeding and killing B.received the title of Tony Awards Winning PlayC.covers a lot of charactersD.tells the story happening in the Second World War【小题2】Which statement is true according to the passage?A.War Horse is based on the same-titled novel by Steven Spielberg.B.Joey is a heroic character because he saved many people’s lives.C.Albert sold Joey into the war effort for Europe.D.Joey came to Albert’s care after Ted paid a lot of money for it.【小题3】According to the passage, what does the underlined word astounding mean?A.astonishingB.confusingC.satisfyingD.disappointing【小题4】What is the best title for the passage?A.Joey ─ a heroic race horseB.Albert and JoeyC.Saving Private JoeyD.Spielberg’s Joey
来源:学年四川省成都市高三下学期英语入学考试试卷(解析版)
题型:单词拼写
下面短文中有10处语言错误,请在有错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏词符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。
1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
People born in the year of the horse are extremely
animated, active and energetic. Horses love to be in a crowd and like
entertainment. They have sense of humor and they love to take center stage and
delight the audience anywhere. They are trustworthy, friendly and like to be
surrounded by their relatives and friends. They usually had a large circle of
acquaintances, and they never rely on their friends too much. Sometimes, the
horse is a little self-centered, but it doesn't mean that he would not be
interested in any problems except her own. However, a horse person is really
more cunning than intelligent, that is probably due to the fact that most horse
people lack in confidence. Sometimes, they are very dependent and rarely listen
to advices.
来源:学年山西省高三上学期期中考试英语卷
Thirteen,
for me, was a challenging year. My parents divorced and I moved to a new town
with my father, far from my old family and friends. I was terribly lonely and
would cry myself to sleep each night. To ease my sadness, my father purchased
an old horse for me at a local auction. I named him Cowboy.
Cowboy was
without a doubt the ugliest horse in the world. But I didn’t care. I loved him
beyond all reason. I joined a riding club and suffered rude comments and mean
snickers about Cowboy’s looks. I never let on about how I felt, but deep
inside, my heart was breaking. The other members rode beautiful, registered
horses.
When
Cowboy and I entered the events where the horse is judged on appearance, we
were quickly shown the gate. No amount of preparation and love would
turn Cowboy into a beauty. My only chance to compete would be in the speed
events. I chose the jumping race.?
One girl
named Becky rode a big brown horse in the race events. She always won the blue
ribbons.& Needless to say, she didn’t feel threatened when I competed
against her at the next show. She didn’t need to. I came in next to last.
The
stinging memory of Becky’s smirks made me determined to beat her. For the whole
next month I woke up early every day and rode Cowboy five miles to the arena (赛马场). We practiced running and jumping for
hours in the hot sun and then I would walk Cowboy home totally exhausted. All
of our hard work didn’t make me feel confident by the time the show came. I sat
at the gate and sweated it out while I watched Becky and her horse charge
through the course and finish in first place.
My turn
finally came. I put on my hat, rubbed Cowboy’s neck and entered the arena. At
the signal, we dashed toward the first fence, jumped it without trouble and
raced on to the next one. Cowboy then flew over the second, third and fourth
fences like a bird and I turned him toward the finish line. As we crossed the
line the crowd was shocked into silence. Cowboy and I had beaten Becky and her
fancy horse by two seconds!
I gained
much more than a blue ribbon that day. At thirteen, I realized that no matter
what the odds, I’d always come out a winner if I wanted something badly enough
to work for it.
63. 1.The
underlined expression &shown the gate& (paragraph 3) most probably
means ______.
A. told
how to enter the arena
B. shown
how to make the horse beautiful
C. removed
from the competition early
D. told to
enter the timed-speed events
64. 2.
When the final race finished, nobody cheered because &&&&&&&.
A. the
audience didn’t like Cowboy&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
people envied the writer
C. the win
was unexpected?&&&&&&&&&&&
D. the writer bad run out of time
65. 3.Why
was the writer not confident of victory?
A. He was
an inexperienced rider.
B. He had
not practiced enough.
C. He
believed he was unpopular with the crowd.
D. He
thought his horse wasn’t so good as the others.
66. 4.What
did the writer learn from his experience?
A. Life
can sometimes be unfair.
B.
Anything is possible if one tries hard enough.
C. A
positive attitude will bring success.
D. One
should not make judgments based on appearance.

我要回帖

更多关于 everyone权限 的文章

随机推荐