上传时间:
下载次数:91次
资料类型:试卷
文档大小:89.20K
所属点数: 0.1点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0.1 点,】
资料概述与简介
长宁区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
D.Answer the questions(根据短文内容回答问题):(12分)
Exam time is the most stressful(压力重的) period of the year. You have worked all school term on your classes and now it’s the time to prove what you have learned.
With so much at stake (处于成败关头), it is easy to get stressed about your exams. However, with the right amount of hard work and focus you can pass your tests with ease.
When I was in school, I used to get very stressed over my exams. So did my friends. Some people stopped eating and others ate too much! Some gave up and others burned themselves out! The most important thing to remember when studying is not to feel frightened! Take the middle path -- stay calm, eat healthy and get a rest. Pushing yourself too hard is just as dangerous as not studying enough. A tired, overworked brain is just as useless as a lazy, empty one!
So, what should you do ?Arrange a time each day for study and a time for relaxation .You may have less time to relax than usual, but you still need to let your brain rest for a few moments. Get plenty of sleep .If you are tired, information will not stick in our memory. Finally eat healthy foods that fuel your body and mind.
It does no good to think too much about your exams. Some students may think that the rest of their life depends on them .That’s not true. Instead, just view the exams as another difficulty you will overcome. You have overcome all kinds of difficulties in you life so far. With the right amount of work and focus, you will pass your exams with flying colours! High school is right around the corner!
93. What is the most stressful period of the year?
94. How can we pass the tests with ease?
95. What did the writer’s friends do when they got stressed over their lessons?
96. Which is more dangerous, pushing ourselves too hard or not studying enough?
97. Why should we get enough sleep during exam time?
98. What will you do to deal with exam stress next time?
宝山区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
D)Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题):(12分)
I’ve always wanted to try rock climbing, but never had time or money for it. But I’ve discovered
a way to experience the thrill(兴奋,紧张) of climbing rock. Indoor climbing is an easy and exciting
way to get a taste of rock climbing. And it is also much cheaper and safer! Indoor climbers don’t
climb on real rock, but on a plastic wall. You can probably find a climbing wall near you. Many gyms,
schools and camps have one.
You can climb in doors at any time of the year, no matter how the whether is. It is usually not
expensive. Most gyms provide the equipment you need. The convenience of indoor climbing is
one reason why it has become so popular. But the main reason people climb is for rush(刺激感) they get. When I stand at the roof of the wall and look up, I’m always scared, but once I start climbing, fear changes to determination. With my heart pounding(心剧烈跳动), I reach the top and look down. I can’t stop grinning. I did it!
Indoor climbing is a great workout(锻炼). Climbing uses muscles(肌肉)that are hard to exercise, especially those in the shoulders, arms, chest and back. Many people say climbing makes exercise fun. Most gyms have several climbing walls with various degrees of difficulty. The easier ones are like climbing a ladder. The difficult ones bulge out(凸出)in places so that climbers must sometimes climb parallel(平行的)with the floor.
Although gym climbing is easier and safer than real rock climbing, you should still be careful. Always climb with a partner. As you climb, your partner pulls you climbing rope through something called a belay device(绳索控制器). The belay catches you if you slip. But make sure your partner knows how to use this equipment. And if you are a first-time climber, get some instruction before you begin.
93. Is indoor climbing cheaper and safer than real rock climbing?
94. On what do indoor climbers climb?
95. What are the reasons that make the indoor climbing so popular?
96. Who should always be with you when you climb?
97. What does your partner do as you climb?
98. Which do you think sounds more fun, rock climbing or indoor climbing? Why?
崇明县初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题):(12分)
A little girl was born into a very poor family. Her name was Wilma Rudolph. When she was four years old, she had pneumonia (肺炎) and it left her with a paralyzed (瘫痪的)left leg. She had to wear an iron leg brace (支架).
Her mother told her that she could do whatever she wanted to do.
So at the age of nine, the little girl took off the leg brace, and she tried her best to walk. In four years, she could walk for some steps, which was a medical wonder. Then this girl had a dream that she would like to be the worlds greatest woman runner.
At the age of 13, she entered a race. She came last. She entered every race in high school, and in every race she came in last. Everyone asked her to stop! However, one day, she came next to last. And then there came a day when she won a race. From then on, she won every race that she entered.
She went to university, where she met a coach (教练). The coach trained her so well that she went to the Olympic Games.
There she was racing against the greatest woman runner of the day, a German girl named Jutta Heine. Nobody had ever beaten Jutta. But in the 100-meter race, she won. She beat Jutta again in the 200-meter race. She had two Olympic gold medals.
Finally came the 400-meter relay. It would be Wilma against Jutta once again. When the third runner handed the baton (接力棒)to Wilma, she was so excited that she dropped it, and Wilma saw Jutta running down the track. It was impossible that anybody could catch Jutta. But Wilma did just that! Wilma had earned three Olympic gold medals.
93. What happened to Wilma Rudolph when she was four years old?
94. How did Wilmas mother encourage her daughter?
95. When did Wilma take off the leg brace and try to walk ?
96. Where did Wilma meet the coach who gave her a good training?
97. Wilma won the 400-meter relay very easily in the Olympic Games, didnt she?
98. What do you learn from Wilmas success story?
奉贤区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
The family man?
Father was a hardworking man who tried his best to support his wife and three
children. He spent all his evenings attending classes, hoping to improve himself
so that he could one day find a better-paid job, except for Sundays. Father hardly ate
a meal together with his family. He worked and studied very hard because he wanted
to provide his family with the best things that money could buy.
Whenever the family complained that he was not spending enough time with them, he reasoned that he was doing all this for them. But he often wished to spend more time with his family.
The day came when the examination results were announced. To his joy, Father passed with a good mark! Soon after , he was offered a good job as a senior supervisor (主管), which paid quite well.
However, the family still did not get to see Father for most of the week. He continued to work very hard, hoping to get the position of manager. Again, whenever the family complained that he was not spending enough time with them, he reasoned that he was doing all this for them. But he often wished to spend more time with his family.
Father’s hard word paid off and he was promoted(提升). Excitedly, he decided to hire a maid
so his wife did not have to do the housework any more. He also felt that their three-room flat was not longer big enough, and it would be nice for his family to be able to enjoy the comfort of a condominium(公寓). Having experienced the rewards of his hard work many times before, Father decided to further his studies and work at being promoted again. The family still did not get to see much of him again.
As expected, father’s hard work paid off again and he bought a beautiful condominium near the coast of Singapore. On the first Sunday evening in their new home, father told his family that he had decided not to take any more courses or pursue(追求) any more promotions. From then on he was going to spend more time with his family.
Father did not wake up the next day.
93. Father worked seven days a week, didn’t he ?
94. Why did father work and study hard?
95. What was father’s first well-paid job?
96. What did the family complain about father?
97. Where did father manager to buy a beautiful condominium for his family?
98. Do you want to have the “father”in your family? Why or not?
虹口区2011学年度第一学期初三年级英语学科期终教学质量监控测试题
Lester liked to collect things. He would walk near his house with his eyes focused on the
ground, hoping something interesting would present itself at his feet. Lester had found many things this way.
On day, Lester was walking home from school. Just as he turned the corner to his street, Lester
noticed something on the ground. When he bent down to pick it up, he was amazed! It was a small rock, shining in the sun. “It is a diamond(钻石)!” he thought. He could not be sure, though.
Lester picked the rock up and carefully put it into his pocket. When he reached his house, he ran to his bedroom. He pulled a magnifying glass and began to examine his find. Lester had heard
that diamonds can cut glass, so he rubbed (划) the rock on the mirror and there was a small cut in the mirrors surface. It was a real diamond.
It must have fallen out of someones ring. Lester thought about what his mum had said about
finding something valuable, “You should always give it to the police, so they can try to find the
The next day, Lester carried the stone to the police station. He told the policeman where he had found the rock and how he thought it might be valuable. "Thank you, young man," the policeman shook Lesters hand. "You did the right thing coming down here today," he said. “According to the found-property(拾得财物) law, if you had not brought the diamond to the police and just kept it, you might have been breaking the law. Since you did bring it to the police, there is a chance you could keep it legally(合法的)."
"Is that true?" Lester asked.
“Yes," the policeman answered. "If no one claims(索取) this diamond within six months,
it will be yours under the law."
Lester walked out of the police station happily. He was glad he had given the diamond to
the police, and he thought about how happy it would make someone to get it back. Still,
Lester hoped that maybe he could keep the diamond.
93. Why would Lester walk near his house with his eyes focused on the ground?
94. How did Lester feel when he bent clown to pick up the small rock?
95. Where was a small cut left after Lester rubbed the rock?
96. What did Lesters mum tell him to do if he found something valuable?
97. Was there a chance that Lester could keep the diamond legally?
98. What do you think of "the found-property law"?
黄浦区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
On 3 July 2003, a 35-year-old Englishman called Doug Bruce walked into a police station in New York, and told the police that he did not know his own name. He had woken up a few minutes earlier on a subway train, with a headache, and had no idea where he was going or who he was. "I was frightened," he said later, when talking about the experience. "I didnt know anything. It was like being in the darkness."
Doug went to the police station because he had nowhere else to go. He was wearing a T-shirt, shorts and had a bag with something in it: a Spanish book, a bunch of keys and a map of New York. The police were confused. "We d never had anything like this before," said a policeman. They sent Doug to a hospital. On his name card the nurse wrote "unknown white man".
The doctors were surprised at his memory loss. Although Doug could make sentences without difficulty, he remembered nothing about his own past. One doctor at the hospital said that he only ever seen such a serious diseases "in the movies and books."
The hospital would not let Doug to go until he had come to himself. Finally, hospital staff came across a phone number in his Spanish book. It was the number of his friend. Doug phoned and she recognized his voice at once. "Is that you, Doug?" she said. His friend went to the hospital, told the doctors who Doug was, and took him home.
"Home" turned out to be a perfect flat in downtown Manhattan, which he shared with two dogs and three birds. Doug discovered that he had once lived in Paris, where he had made a lot of money working at a big company. Then he had got tired of the business world, and so he left and went to New York for a four-your course in photography.
Now that Doug and discovered himself, he had to deal with other difficulties. He was worried about meeting his family and friends. They seemed like strangers to him. His sisters told him before his memory loss, he seldom showed his feelings in public. Now he has become much more relaxed and doesnt fear showing his feelings.
Why did Doug Bruce go to a police station?
How did the doctors feel at Dougs case?
What could Doug Bruce do after he lost his memory?
Who recognized Doug and took him home?
Where did Doug live with two dogs and three birds?
What were the difficulties Doug had to deal with after he discovered himself?
嘉定区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题):( 12分)
In the busy city of New York, such an astonishing thing ever happened.
On a Friday night, a poor young artist stood at the gate of the subway station, playing his violin. Many people slowed down their paces-and put some money into the hat of the young man.
The next day, the young artist came to the gate of the subway station, and put his hat on the ground gracefully. Different from the day before, he took out a large piece of paper and laid it on me ground and put some stones on it. Before long, the young violinist ,was surrounded with people, who were all attracted by the words on that paper. It said, "Last night, a gentleman named George Sang put an important thing into my hat by mistake. Please come to claim it soon."
Seeing this, it caused a great excitement and people wondered what it could be. After about half an hour, a middle-aged man ran there in a hurry and rushed through the crowd to the violinist and grabbed his shoulders and said, "Yes, its you. You did come here. I knew that youre an honest man and would certainly come here"
The young violinist asked calmly, “Are you Mr. George Sang?"
The man nodded. The violinist asked, "Did you lose something?"
"Lottery, it’s lottery," said the man.
The violinist took out a lottery ticket on which George Sangs name was seen. "Is it?" he asked.
George nodded promptly and seized the lottery ticket and kissed it, and then he danced with the violinist.
The story turned out to be this: George Sang is an office clerk. He bought a lottery ticket issued by a bank a few days ago. The awards opened yesterday and he won a prize of $500,000. So he felt very happy after work and felt the music was so wonderful, that he took out 50 dollars and put in the hat. However the lottery ticket was also thrown in. The violinist was a student at an Arts College and had planned to attend advanced studies in Vienna. He had booked the ticket and! would fly that morning. However when he was cleaning up he found the lottery ticket. Thinking that the owner would return to look for it, he cancelled-the flight and came pack to where he was given the lottery ticket.
Later someone asked the violinist: "At that time you were in needed to pay the tuition fee and you had to play the violin in the subway station every day to make the money. Then why didnt you take the lottery ticket for yourself?"
The violinist said, "Although I dont have much money, I but if I lose honesty I wont be happy forever."
93. Where did the poor young artist play the violin?
He played his violin
in New York.
94. What attracted the people, the music or the words on the paper?
95. What did George Sang put into the young artists hat on Friday?
He put into the hat.
96. Why did the young artist cancel the flight to Vienna?
Because he
97. The young artist didnt need money, did he?
98. What can we learn from the young artist?
金山区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题): (12分)
This letter was sent to a newspaper in Germany.
13 October
Dear Editor
I am writing to ask what has happened to our youth. They are not as polite, hard-working or clever as my generation. I will give you two examples.
Last Friday, I got on the underground at 9.15 a.m. It was very busy so there were no free seats. There were some teenagers sitting on the seats nearest me. I don’t know why they were not at school. They were talking loudly and laughing. It was difficult to read my newspaper with all the noise. A heavily pregnant(怀孕的)woman and her daughter got on at the next stop, with lots of shopping bags. I expected the teenagers to let them sit down. They saw the woman but did nothing. I had to ask them to give her a seat. They reluctantly(勉强地)did so but gave me a rude look. I got off at the next stop and was glad that the teenagers didn’t follow me.
Last Saturday, I had dinner with my friend’s family. I was looking forward to meeting his children, who I hadn’t seen for ten years. During dinner, we started talking about world politics. It soon became clear that they didn’t know much. They couldn’t tell me the name of the King of Spain or the President of Italy. All they knew about was the internet and which singers were the most beautiful. In my day, students knew the kings, queens and presidents of every country in Europe.
I worry about the future of Germany. How could these young people become responsible workers and parents? They sit around Mcdonald’s after school instead of going to the library like I did at their age. Maybe they have too much money. Perhaps another reader can give us an idea about what to do with this ‘lost generation’.
Franz Vogts
93. Who was the letter sent to?
It was sent to ____________ of a newspaper in Germany.
94. How did Mr. Vogts travel last Friday?
He travelled ______________________________________.
95. During the dinner, the children seemed to know much about politics, didnt they?
____________,______________________________________.
96. What is the Mr. Vogts worry?
_________________________________________ is Mr. Vogts worry.
97. What did Mr. Vogts do after school when he was young?
___________________________________________________.
98. What do you think your generation? Why?
___________________________________________________.
静安区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题):(12分)
On December 23, 2008, Niu Niu held a piano recital(独奏会) at the national Grand Theater. As an eleven-year-old boy, he became the youngest pianist ever to perform a concert at the theater.
Never too young to learn
Niu Niu was born into a musical family in Xiamen. His father Zhang was a piano teacher. Niu Niu grew up listening to his fathers student playing the piano. At just three years old, Niu Niu asked his father to teach him to play, too.
"I gave Niu Niu some sheet music(活动乐谱)and helped him find the eight notes(琴键)when he first played the piano. To my surprise, he played nearly 80 percent correct," said the father. He used to think that 3 years old is too young an age to learn piano, but Niu Niu changed his mind. He continued to allow Niu Niu to watch his teaching of other students and gave him more sheet music to play.
Playing for fun
Zhang started teaching Niu Niu standard piano lessons when he was four. Unlike many other piano teachers, Zhang didn’t insist that Niu Niu play strictly with the correct finger positioning(指法). He said that the strict finger positioning would rob some kids of fun of playing. So Niu Niu could play in his own way. He could play the tone successfully. But Niu Niu was required to play the music without looking at the sheet music. Now he can memorize about 80 pages.
Rising to fame
In 2003, at the age of 6, Niu Niu successfully held a sole concert(独唱音乐会) in his hometown Xiamen. At the age of 8, he gave a performance at the International Piano Festival in France. At the age of 10, Niu Niu played in London and his performance was praised by Prince Charles. Last year, this young pianist published his first album(专辑)“Niu Niu Plays Mozart” and over 10,000 copies have been sold in the world.
We are very glad to see a young Chinese pianist rising in the music world.
93. How old was Niu Niu when he performed a concert at the National Grand Theater?
Green is an important color in nature. It is the color of grass and the leaves on trees. It is also the color of most growing plants.
Sometimes, the word green means young, fresh and growing. Sometimes, it describes something that is not yet ripe (成熟) or finished. For example, a greenhorn is someone who has no experience, who is new to a situation. In the fifteenth century, a greenhorn was a young cow or ox whose horns (角) had not yet developed. A century later, a greenhorn was a soldier who had not yet had any experience in battle. By the eighteenth century, a greenhorn had the meaning it has today—a person who is new in a job.
Someone who has the ability to grow plants well is said to have a green thumb. The expression comes from early 1900s. A person with a green thumb seems to have a magic touch that makes plants grow quickly and well. You might say the woman next door has a green thumb if her garden continues growing long after your plants have died.
The Green Revolution is the name given some years ago to the development of new kinds of rice and other grains. The new plants produced much larger crops. The Green Revolution was the result of hard work by agricultural (农业的)
scientists who had green thumbs.
Green is also the color used to describe the powerful feeling, jealousy (嫉妒). The green-eyed monster is not a frightening creature (生物) from outer space. It is an expression firstly used about 400 years ago by British writer William Shakespeare in his play "Othello". It describes the unpleasant feeling a person has when someone has something he wants. A young man may suffer from the green-eyed monster if his girlfriend begins going out with someone else.
93. What does a greenhorn now refer to?
94. Is the person with a green thumb good at growing plants?
95. Who works hard and helps to develop new kinds of rice and other grains?
96. People dont use green to describe peoples feeling, do they?
97. When was the expression "the green-eyed monster" probably firstly used?
98. What kind of person with the green-eyed monster do you think he/she is?
闵行区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题):(12分)
Anna lived on the side of a valley in Australia. Although she was poor, she was always helpful. One winter, there was a very big flood, and a lot of houses were washed away. Anna’s house was high enough to escape the flood. So, when the water had disappeared, here house was not damaged.
However, Anna’s house was quite small and there were only two little bedrooms. Her husband died of illness when their four children were very young. But, Anna shared her house with one of the families that had lost everything in the flood until it was possible for them to rebuild their own house.
Anna’s friends were very puzzled when they saw Anna do this. They could not understand why Anna wanted to give herself so much more work and trouble when she had so many children to support. Life would be even harder when another family joined them.
“Well,” Anna explained to her friends, “ 30 years ago, a woman in the town where I then lived in Germany found herself very poor, because her husband had been killed in the war, and she had a lot of children, as I have now.”
The day before Christmas, the woman said to her children, “We won’t have much for Christmas this year, so I am going to get only one gift for all of us and I am sure we will all be glad to have it. Now I’ll go and get it.” She came back with a little girl who was eve poorer than they, and who had no parents. “Here is our gift,” she said to her children.
“The children were very excited and happy to get such a gift. They welcomed the little girl, and she grew up as their sister. I was that Christmas gift.”
93. Was Anna’s house washed away in the big flood?
94. How many people were there in Anna’s family?
95. How did Anna’s friends feel when she shared her house with a homeless family?
96. Where did Anna live 30 years ago?
97. Who was once given as a Christmas gift to a poor family?
98. Why did Anna like to help the poor?
浦东新区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
I lost my childhood to Harry Potter.
---Tom Felton
After nearly ten years, the Harry Potter bandwagon (热潮) is going to end. And for the young
stars who have spent half their lives filming the movie, the pain of saying goodbye could not be
greater. But there are several things Tom Felton---also known as Harrys school nemesis (复仇者)
Draco Malfoy --- is looking forward to. And from the moment you see him, it is clear why.
"For the past ten years we havent had much free time to do other things. I certainly havent had much free time to keep my own hair color, or lie in the sun, or do anything with only a little danger like skiing. It was nice to go on holiday and not have to make up on the SPF50 and sit under an umbrella with three caps on," Tom said.
For all the fame and wealth that Harry Potter has brought its young stars, there have been plenty of downsides, too.
Tom is now 23 but talks like he is ten years older, and his co-stars have been working since they were young children. And while he says he has no regrets about being in the movies, he also says that at the same time he had to grow up fast.
"One thing that people keep on saying to me is that the wealth and the fame must have made up fax missing out on my childhood," he says. "But the idea of money ---putting a price on your childhood--- is ridiculous (可笑的). You will never get those years back. Dont you think you can put a price on them?"
"And to me, fame is not a positive thing. The idea of being famous is a lot better than the reality."
The youngest of four brothers brought up in a middle-class home in Epsom, Surrey, he honestly says that no one in the family knew what to do with all the money he was making. His mother invested some of it in property (不动产) but told him the rest was his to do with what he wanted.
93. Who is Tom Felton known as in the film Harry Potter?
94. How long has Tom Felton spent filming Harry Potter?
95. What couldnt Tom do while he was an actor in a film?
96. Why did Tom think putting a price on his childhood was ridiculous?
97. Toms mother invested all of his money in property, didnt she?
98. What have you learned from Toms childhood experience?
普陀区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 12分)
Read this dialogue between Karen Lu and Alice Evans on a daily television talk show called "Our World". Alice has recently travelled around India on an elephant.
Karen: Welcome to the programme. First of all, Alice, what gave you the idea to travel around India on an elephant?
Alice: Well, it all started when I went to a photographic exhibition of elephants. Then, a few days later, I started reading a book about an Englishman travelling all the way to India on foot. I suddenly had the idea to travel on an elephant.
Karen: So what did you do next?
Alice: I rang a friend in India and told him 1 wanted to buy an elephant. He told me about the prices of elephants. He said that I would need two people to help me: one person to cut the animals food, because elephants can eat up to 200kg of food each day, and another person to drive the elephant.
Karen: Is it expensive to buy an elephant?
Alice: We bought a female elephant called Tara for about US$6,000.
Karen: Well, Alice, youd found your elephant. What did you do next?
Alice: Next, we had to plan our route. As we had to sell Tara at the end of the journey, we decided to travel to Sonepur in northern India where the worlds oldest elephant market is located. The market lasts for two weeks every year and elephants can never be sold there before the special date of 23rd November. The whole journey would take about 64 days to complete.
Karen: I see. And did you have any problems on your journey?
Alice: Yes. a few, but nothing too serious. At the beginning, Tara hurt her foot. But that got better after a week. The weather was very bad as well. And we often found uninvited guests in our tents—snakes—which made sleeping rather difficult!
Karen: That sounds awful! And what finally happened when you reached the end of your journey?
Alice: I had grown very fond of Tara, and I didnt want to sell her, even though I knew I had to. Luckily, however, I met some old friends at the market. They were looking for an elephant for their national park. I knew that Tara would be safe in the national park, so I gave her to them. I was very sad to say goodbye.
93. Did Alice get the idea of traveling on an elephant from a film?
94. How many people did Alice need to help her travel on an elephant?
95. Why did they decide to travel to the elephant market in northern India?
96. Alice mentions three problems they had during the journey, doesnt she?
97. Where did Tara go at the end of the journey?
98. What do you think of Alices experience?
青浦区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
Steven Jobs was born on February 24,1955. When he was a boy, Jobs and his father always worked on electronics. Jobs had always been a clever thinker, but his school life was not successful. And he only spent six months in university before he gave up.
In 1975 Jobs joined a computer club. A member, Steven Woznizk, was trying to build a small computer. Jobs became interested in such a computer. In 1976, he and Wozniak set up their own company in Jobs house. They called it the Apple Computer Company. They raised $1,300 to start the company by selling Jobs little bus and Wozniaks calculator.
Jobs and Wozniak tried to make computers smaller and cheaper. The two designed a series of user-friendly personal computers, each computer sold for S666.66. Their first model, the Apple I, earned them $774,000. Three years after their second model, the Apple II, sales increased to $139 million dollars. Apple became successful, and Jobs became its CEO.
However, the next several products from Apple were not very good. Consumers (消费者) were disappointed with them. In 1985, Jobs resigned (辞职) as Apples CEO to begin a new company called NeXT Inc.
In 1996, Apple bought NeXT for over $400 million. Jobs returned to work as Apples CEO again. He put Apple back on track. His wonderful products caught the attention of customers once again. In the following years, Apple introduced such wonderful products as the Macbook Air, iPod, iPhone and iPad. Almost immediately after Apple released (发布) a new product, consumers rushed to its stores to buy the product.
On August 24, 2011, Jobs retired as CEO of Apple. He had health problem for the last few years. In October 5, 2011, he died. His death marked the end of an era (时代).
93. What did Jobs do with his father when he was a boy?
94. When did Jobs and Wozniak set up their own company?
95. Jobs began a new company called NeXT Inc in 1985, didnt he?
96. Please list three products of Apples which are mentioned (#§.§.) in the passage.
97. Why did Jobs retire as CEO of Apple in 2011?
98. Do you agree that the death of Jobs marked the end of an era? Why?
松江区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
Have you heard about teleworking? It means working from a distance, in other words, not working in an office but working at home. You use the computer and the Internet to keep in touch with your boss, but instead of being tired of an office work, you can work in your own comfortable room.
The idea sounds nice, doesnt it? You can do all your research on the World Wide Web, and send in all your work by e-mail. Well, thats exactly what my boss said to me two years ago. "Jenny, how would you like to work at home?" he said.
At first everything was great. My job was editing articles for a university, and so I spent most of my time sitting in front of a monitor and typing busily at the keyboard. Through the Internet I had access to all the information I could possibly want.
It was really good being at home, too. I didnt have to waste any time traveling, and I could stop and make myself a cup of coffee or a sandwich if I wanted to—I was quite free and happy.
But then things started to change. I put on weight, because I wasnt going out as much as I had before. I stopped wearing smart dresses, because a jogging suit (运动衣) and trainers were so much more comfortable. My friends stopped telephoning because I didnt meet them on the bus or in the cafe.
I knew something had to change. I needed to get back out into the world. So I telephoned my boss, "Please let me come back to the office—Im going mad on my own!"
And then goodness, he did. If you want my personal opinion, teleworking may become popular in the future...but not for me!
93. What does the word "teleworking" in the passage mean?
94. What was Jennys job?
95. How did Jenny feel when the boss told her to work at home at first?
96. Jenny had more time to enjoy herself when working at home, didnt she?
97. Why did Jenny put on weight?
98. Whats your opinion about "teleworking"?
徐汇区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题):(12 )
There was a man who had a little boy that he loved very much. Every day after work the man would come home and play with the little boy. He would always spend all his extra time playing with the little boy .
One night, the man had extra work to do, and he wouldn’t be able to play with his little boy. However, he wanted to give the boy something to keep him busy. So, looking around his office, he saw a magazine with a large map of the world on the cover. He got an idea. He tore(撕) the map up into small pieces. Then he put all the pieces in his coat pocket.
When he got home, the little boy came running to him and was ready to play. The man said that he had extra work to do and couldn’t play at the moment. He took out all the pieces of the map, and said, “It is a map of the world. By the time you put it back together, my extra work will have been finished, and we can play together.” Surely this would keep the child busy for hours, he thought.
About half an hour later, the boy came to the man and said ,”Okay, it’s finished. Can we play now ?”
The man was surprised and said, “ That’s impossible. Let’s go and see.” And sure enough, there was the picture of the world, and every piece was in its place.
The man asked, “How did you do that?” The boy said, “It was simple. On the back of the map was a picture of a man. When I put the man together, the whole world fell into piece.”
93. How would the man always spend his extra time after work?
The man ____________________________________________.
94. Why wasn’t the man be able to play with the boy one night?
Because he _________________________________________.
95. The man brought back a magazine and asked the boy to read, didn’t he?
__________, _________________________________
96. What did the man do to keep the boy busy?
He ________________________________________________________
97. How much time did it take the boy to put the map of the world back together?
It _________________________________________________________
98. What do you think of the boy?
I think _________________________________________________
杨浦区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
A different kind of alarm clock
When Matty Sallin, 34, was studying art and technology at New York University, he got an interesting task for the final exam: Create something for the ordinary family. He decided to create an alarm clock.
"To get up in time, many people have to use an alarm clock every morning. But the sound of the clock is extremely noisy and unpleasant," he says. So before he started to design the new clock, he asked different people what theyd like to wake up to in the morning. A lot of them said, "The smell of bacon (培根肉)."
So Sallin and his two classmates invented a new kind of alarm clock: a wooden box with a pig face and a digital (数码的) clock that uses the smell of cooking bacon to wake people up. He explains, "Theres no danger of burning, because I built it carefully. It uses special light bulbs(灯泡) instead of a fire for cooking and rums off automatically after ten minutes." Just a few easy steps are required to set the "alarm".
"What you do is to put a few pieces of bacon meat inside the box the night before, then you set the alarm," says Sallin. "If you set the alarm for 8:00, it will turn on at 7:50 and slow cook for ten minutes under the bulbs. Then the bulbs rum off and a fan blows the smell out through the nose of the pig.
"So the pleasant smell of bacon will wake you up. There will be no more noisy alarms," says Sallin. "Then you can open the door on the side and pull the bacon out and eat it."
When Sallin was a kid, he spent a lot of time making drawings of inventions. "I wanted to make a lift in my back yard and a special tree house," he says. "But I never really thought Id become an inventor!"
Sallin got an A for his alarm clock and went on to invent other things—but people continue to email him every day asking where they can buy his alarm clock. If he decides to produce and sell his special alarm clock, maybe he can build a successful business out of it.
93. What was Matty Sallin?
94. How many people worked together on the new alarm clock?
95. How long did it take to cook the bacon?
96. Why are light bulbs used for cooking bacon instead of a fire?
97. Whats special about Sallins alarm clock?
wakes people up instead of the loud alarm.
98. What do you think of the new alarm clock?
闸北区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷
Answer the questions(根据短文内容回答下列问题):(共12分)
More countries have English as the official language than any other language, with around
400 million native speakers around the world. Do you know which English word was the hottest in
According to a study by the Global Language Monitor(全球语言监测机构), the most commonly
used English word on the Internet and in print this year was “occupy”(占领).
For cultural commentator(评论员)Peter York, the popularity was very understandable. “There has been a lot of occupying going on in terms of land, cities and countries,” he said.
To occupy can mean to live or to be in a place. Sometimes it means to enter a place in a large group and take control of it, especially by military force(军事力量). “Occupy” came out on top largely because of the second meaning.
One of the most famous “occupy” movements is happening now. On September 17, a group of people gathered in Zuccotti Park near Wall Street in New York to show their anger towards unemployment(失业),social inequality(不公平), US business and other problems. The anger soon became a worldwide movement. Many people joined in the protests because they lost their jobs and feel that society is unfair.
“Deficit(赤字)” was the second word on the list. Deficit means the difference between the amount of something that you have and the higher amount that you need. This word is hot because many countries are facing economic problems.
Steve Jobs, the Apple CEO who passed away in October, was the top name of 2011. Osama bin Laden, who was the leader terrorist organization al-Qaida, came in second on the name list. The new princess of the UK, Kate Middleton was number six.
93. Which English word was the hottest in 2011?
94. How many meanings of “occupy” are mentioned in the passage?
95. One of the most famous “occupy” movements happened in the US, didn’t it?
96. Why was the word “Deficit” hot?
97. Who is Steve Jobs?
98. Can you list one more hot word and tell why it is hot?
长宁区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. Exam time (is the most stressful period of the year).
94. We can pass the tests with ease with the right amount of hard work and focus. / With the right amount of hard work and focus.
95. Some stopped eating and others ate too much. / Some gave up and others burned themselves out.
96. Theyre as dangerous as each other. / Pushing ourselves too hard is as dangerous as not studying enough. /Both of them are dangerous.
97. Because if we are tired, information will not stick in our memory.
98. (For reference only) I will stay calm, eat healthy and get a rest. / I will arrange a time each day for study and a time for relaxation. / I will let my brain rest for a few moments every day.
宝山区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. Yes, it is.
94. They climb on a plastic wall.
95. One is the convenience of indoor climbing, the other is the rush they get from the climbing.
96. A partner.
97. He/She pulls your climbing rope through something called a belay device.
98. I like rock climbing. Although its a dangerous sport that requires experience, skill and a cool head, I can experience the pleasure of success.
(Any reasonable answers can be accepted.)
崇明县初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. she had pneumonia and it left her with a paralyzed left leg.
94. She encouraged her daughter by telling her to do whatever she wanted to do.
95. At the age of 9. (When she was nine years old.)
96. (She met the coach) At/In the university.
97. No, she didnt.
98. From this story I can learn that ( Nothing is impossible to a willing heart. / Where there is a will, there is a way...) Any reasonable answer will be accepted.
奉贤区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. No, he doesnt.
94. Because he wanted to provide his family with the best things that money could buy.
95. A senior supervisor.
96. He was not spending enough time with them.
97. Near the coast of Singapore.
98. Any reasonable answer is acceptable.
虹口初三一模参考答案
93. (Because) He hoped something interesting would present itself at his feet. /
To hope something interesting would present itself at his feet.
94. He felt/was amazed.
95. In the mirrors surface.
96. His mum told him to give it to the police. / To give it to the police.
97. Yes, there was.
98. I think its...
黄浦区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. Because he lost his memory.
/ To ask for help.
94. They felt surprised.
95. He could make sentences without difficulty.
96. A friend of his.
97. In a perfect flat in downtown Manhattan.
98. He had to meet his family and friends. /He had to continue his four - year course in photography.
(Any reasonable answer is acceptable. )
嘉定区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. He played his violin at the gate of the subway station in London.
94. The words on the paper.
95. He put 50 dollars and a lottery into the hat.
96. Because he thought the owner would return to look for it.
97. Yes, he did.
金山区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. It was sent to an/the editor of a newspaper in Germany.
94. He travelled by underground.
95. No, they didnt.
96. The future of Germany is Mr. Vogts worry.
97. He went to the library.
98. Any reasonable answer is OK.
静安区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. 11 years- old. / When he was 11. /At the age of 11.
94. Yes, he was.
95. Surprised. / He felt surprised.
96. In his own way.
97. In 2007.
98. creative / clever / helpful / perfect / powerful / strict / successful / useful/ wise / great / good /...or: / terrible / foolish / useless /.../I think his way is... because ... I dont think his way is...because...
(Any reasonable answers are accepted. )
卢湾区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. It refers to a person who is new in a job.
94. Yes, he/she is. .
95. Agricultural scientists.
96. Yes, they do.
97. About 400 years ago.
98. He is jealous. (Any reasonable answer is acceptable.)
闵行区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. No, it wasnt.
94. There were five / five people ( in her family ). / Five.
95. They felt (very) puzzled,
96. She lived (in a town) in Germany.
/In Germany.
98. Because she was once helped by the poor. / The poor once helped her.
(Any reasonable answer is acceptable.)
浦东新区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. Harrys school nemesis, Draco Malfoy.
94. For nearly ten years.
95. (He couldnt do things like) keeping his own hair color, (lying in the sun or skiing. )
96. Because he thought he would never get those years back.
97. No, she didnt.
98. Being famous and rich is not always good. (Any reasonable answer is acceptable.)
普陀区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. No./No, she didnt.
94. Two/2.
95. Because they had to sell Tara at the end of the journey.
96. Yes, she does.
97. To the national park.
98. Exciting but a bit hard. (Any possible answer is acceptable
青浦区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. He always worked on electronics with his father.
94. They set up their own company in 1976.
95. Yes, he did.
96. Macbook air, iPod, and iPhone. (iPad)
97. Because he had health problem.
98. (Any reasonable answer can be accepted.)
松江区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. It means people dont work in the office but at home.
94. Her job was editing articles for a university.
95. She felt happy.
96. Yes, she did.
97. Because she wasnt going out as much as she did before.
98. Any reasonable answer is ok.
徐汇区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. The man would spend his extra time playing with the little boy.
94. Because he had extra work to do.
95. No, he didnt.
96. He asked the boy to put the map back together.
97. It took him about half an hour.
98. I think he is very clever.
杨浦区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. A college/university student
95. 10 minutes
96. there is no danger of burning
97. The smell of bacon
98. It is a great invention/I like the new clock because I am fond of eating bacon/I dont think the smell can wake me up because I am a heavy sleeper.
闸北区初三英语第一学期期末质量抽查试卷·参考答案
93. "Occupy".
95. Yes, it did.
96. Because many countries are facing economic problems.
97. The Apple CEO.
该会员上传的其它文档
已有&0&条评论,共有&0&人参与,
网友评论:
合作 / 友情链接

我要回帖

更多关于 2012卢湾区语文一模 的文章

随机推荐