Please don't sympathize with. 死神compassionn is the biggest damage 是什么意思

Formerly entitled: &What Does The Prayer Really Say?& – Clear, straight commentary on Catholic issues, liturgy and life by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
If you, like I do, suffer from Amoris defetiscenia, you might be clicking past pieces you see about the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation.
I confess that I have to fight the temptation to tune out and just ignore the document and its coverage.
Alas, I cannot.
I must constrain myself to read more.
That said, pop over to
for a peek at an entry by Monica Miller.
She doesn’t
offer anything that is startlingly new, but she provides a succinct review of the difficulties within the document. Quite helpful is her swift review of the sore spots in the deeply troubling Chapter 8. Then she offers an opinion about what makes Pope Francis’ pontificate tick.
Amoris Laetitia: the key to the Francis pontificate
[… I’ll cut to the end…]
The ultimate key to understanding Francis comes at the end of AL, Article 311:
We put so many conditions on mercy that we empty it of its concrete meaning and real significance. That is the worst way of watering down the Gospel. It is true, for example, that mercy does not exclude justice and truth, but first and foremost we have to say that mercy is the fullness of justice and the most radiant manifestation of God’s truth. For this reason, we should always consider “inadequate any theological conception which in the end puts in doubt the omnipotence of God and, especially, his mercy.”
Given what Francis has indicated in previous paragraphs, it is reasonable to understand him here to mean that the canonical requirement that those who have divorced and remarried should not be admitted to the Eucharist until they have received an annulment is a “condition on mercy” that waters down the Gospel. Such a “theological conception” challenges the omnipotence of God.
To understand what drives the Francis pontificate, is to appreciate his personal spiritual doctrine: the doctrinal pronouncements of the Church are subordinated to the primary value of mercy — and to insist on the practice of the demands of the Gospel (the rules) as a requirement for ecclesial membership opposes this primary value. Rather than mercy and the demands of the Gospel existing in a Christian paradox, for Francis they exist in conflict. Mercy is such a value for him that Francis states “the name of God is mercy.” I would argue that God’s name is not “mercy.” God’s name is “love.” It is love, and not mercy that is the essence of God out of which he exercises mercy toward sinners.
This emphasis on mercy first, the ethical requirements of discipleship second, explains why Francis consistently refers to moral absolutes in AL as the “ideal” with the emphasis placed on understanding the mitigating circumstances that prevent many from reaching that “ideal.” By placing mercy first in the hierarchy of spiritual values, and by subordinating to it the call to discipleship—a call which Christ himself taught involved the carrying of the cross, there is the possibility that the call to follow Christ will be muted and taken less seriously than Our Lord would wish. One may fairly conclude that in the spirituality of Francis, mercy trumps justice, love trumps truth—but without concluding that justice and truth are of no consequence.
The emphasis on mercy also explains Francis’ ecclesiology in his repeated description of the Church as “a field hospital for the wounded.” The field is mostly likely the battlefield of life itself, and in the midst of this broken, battered world, persons can come to the Church and be healed—the Church being that emergency room of welcome where wounds of personal sin and alienation are bound up. This idea of the Church is true, but only partially so. [Let us not forget that not everyone who goes to a “field hospital” lives and not everyone comes out with all their parts.
Also, they don’t have time to lie in a “field hospital”.] The metaphor gives the impression that Christians are not expected to perform acts of service, but to only receive acts of service—while we simply lay in hospital beds of mercy. There is no sense here that merciful healing leads to heroic fidelity to the Gospel which includes carrying heavy crosses.
Mercy is not simply important to Francis. The key to his pontificate is his insistence that mercy is the spiritual imperative of the Gospel that compels him to see as less imperative to the Christian life an insistence on the objective practice of the Gospel—a dynamic that certainly deserves deeper analysis. Let me conclude by saying that mercy is not the fullness of justice—as if to say that justice is subordinated to it. Rather, the fullness of justice is the new man recreated in the image of Christ through the grace he won for all on the Cross, a justice God wills all to possess.
And the beat goes on.
About Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
Fr. Z is the guy who runs this blog.
This entry was posted in , ,
and tagged , , , . Bookmark the .
BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic.
PRE-ORDER NOW!
US Hardcover -
UK Hardcover -
US Paperback - UK Paperback
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!Art by
Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger -
"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians."
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
For contemplation…
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
Click for Car Magnets
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not
the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters.
They have a building project.
Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
by Robert Card. Sarah
Get one for your parish priests.
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address.
You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
651-447-6265
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech
Thee, O merciful God, that She, being
gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may
be in no wise troubled by attack from her
O God, who by sin art offended and by
penance pacified, mercifully regard the
prayers of Thy people making supplication
unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of
Thine anger which we deserve for our sins.
Almighty and Everlasting God, in
whose Hand are the power and the
government of every realm: look down upon
and help the Christian people that the heathen
nations who trust in the fierceness of their
own might may be crushed by the power of
thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee
in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world
without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1.
They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to
as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
The Swiss Guards have them too!
The Swiss Guard have these rosaries!
For the story click
(esp. 18:00)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Main Wishlist
Kindle Wishlist
Audio Wishlist
Ham Radio List
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND.
Pretty pleeeease?
The "sign of peace" during Mass in the Ordinary Form...
I like it and am happy to do it.
I don't care one way or another.
I tolerate it.
I dread it as it approaches and think of ways to avoid it.
I hate it so much I won't go to Mass where it is done.
&Loading ...
WDTPRS POLL
Should the Bishops of the USA have us return to obligatory meatless Fridays during the whole year and not just during Lent?
Yes, and I think this is very important.
Yes, I guess so.
No, this would be a really bad idea.
No, I hesitate about such a move.
I don't care.
What's penance?
&Loading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Recent Posts
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of his civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.” Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
"It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy
Notre Patrie, 1905
"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus
ep. 131 - AD 382
“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
, Chief Spokesman the Islamic State, 2014
Quoted in James Wesley Rawles,
(Counter-Caliphate Chronicles Series Book 1)
Reading and gift ideas!
Listen to my PODCAzT about this
Now in TEN languages!
- UK ITALY
I am grateful for recent donations and thoughtful gifts.- JULY CT (via ), CHEJr!, PC (monthly), JF (monthly), JB (monthly), NF (monthly), MG (monthly), AS (monthly), PL (monthly), MCE!!!, CMG (), LM (monthly), AK (monthly), CRN (monthly), A LLC (monthly), MJC (monthly), TS (monthly), JJ (monthly), SS (monthly), JS (monthly), MMcG (monthly), LC (monthly), TT (monthly), BS (monthly), ECJr (monthly), AD ($1/day), TR (monthly), RL (monthly), MK (monthly), AM (monthly), JS (monthly), BB (monthly), JC (monthly), JM (monthly), ND (monthly), AP (monthly), BMcC (monthly), JW (monthly), KT (monthly), WC (monthly),
(monthly), TS (monthly), MH (monthly), MW (monthly), SB (monthly), PE (monthly), Fr RH (), MD ($1/day), TY (monthly), AP (monthly), RetroToyCo (monthly), AR (monthly), SS (monthly), CK (monthly), AP (monthly), CF (monthly), RL (monthly), DN, CB (monthly), ML (monthly), SK (monthly), JH (monthly), LS (monthly), CO'C (monthly), Fr MF (monthly), MG (monthly), MN (monthly), WC (), AN (monthly), JR (monthly), DMcC (monthly), GG (monthly), MF (monthly), TB (monthly), NS (monthly), ST (monthly), FW (monthly), KA (amices!), RMcE (monthly), DJ (monthly), JL (monthly), DE (monthly), JB (monthly), JA (monthly), FV (monthly), BS (monthly), PL (monthly), DN (monthly), MA (monthly), NC (monthly), KR (monthly), St Augustine Academy Press ($1/day), PD (monthly), SB (monthly), JR (monthly), WH (monthly), SC (monthly), BK (monthly), MS ($1/day), KE (monthly), TB (monthly), PMacD (monthly), RW (monthly), LS (monthly), TH (monthly), JS (monthly), LH (as thanks for ASK FATHER), PA, BC (monthly), VR (monthly), BB (monthly), AR (monthly), MK (monthly), MW (monthly), JE (monthly), DJ, PO (monthly), ML (monthly), WB (monthly), DJ (monthly), AV (monthly), BC (monthly), KB (monthly), SC (monthly), LM (monthly), LM (monthly), JB (monthly), LS (monthly), SZ (NEW monthly), PAL (monthly), DC ($1/day), MM (monthly), CDeK (monthly), CS (monthly), MS (monthly), DRFB (monthly), LL (monthly), CK (monthly), JWM (monthly), PMcG (monthly), LJS (monthly), RJ (monthly), MH (monthly), JO'B (monthly), TB (monthly), DC (monthly), PS (monthly), SL, AN (monthly), KH (monthly), CR (monthly), JM (monthly), DG (monthly), SJS (monthly), MH (monthly), JS (monthly), MR (monthly), JP (monthly), MG (monthly), JO (monthly), CJG (monthly), RW (monthly), GD (monthly), DG (monthly), JL (monthly), RR (monthly), TS (monthly), LA (monthly), JT (monthly), MD (monthly), MH (monthly), DS (monthly), LC (monthly), RO'S (monthly), MK (monthly), SH (monthly), TH!, GG (monthly), RT (monthly), HW (monthly), Fr RH (monthly), MMcE (monthly), AA (monthly), CK (NEW monthly), SAM (NEW monthly), TEII, MZ (monthly), DO (monthly), JN (monthly), MS (monthly), DM (monthly), MS (monthly), MRS (monthly), AP (monthly), WH (monthly), ST (monthly), EB (monthly), MH! (), AC (monthly), Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa (monthly), JJ (monthly), RB (monthly), VP (monthly), RB (monthly), PS (monthly), MC (monthly), FAPL (monthly), ALG (monthly), JPMcG (monthly), DL (monthly), CS (day), SG (monthly), FZ (monthly), GS (monthly), JB (monthly), MB (via ContinueToGive), NP (),
(monthly), JM (monthly), SM-S (monthly), AT (monthly), LO'B (monthly), JK (monthly), RM (monthly), AS (monthly), LaDS (monthly), Anonymous (), TO'D (monthly), JJ (monthly), JB (monthly), TS (monthly), DB (monthly), GF!, MR (NEW monthly), KT (Continue), DK (Continue), RF (monthly), MH (monthly), SM (monthly), JF (monthly) RM (NEW monthly), RH (NEW monthly), PK (NEW monthly), RB, RM (NEW monthly), Canada Free Press! (monthly), TL! (monthly via Continue), SAS!, JA, AB (monthly), RF (monthly), RP (monthly), JM (monthly), BS (monthly), GM (monthly), JC, PJ (monthly), JS (NEW monthly), LS (), JN (), LS (), AB (monthly), GF ($1/day), SF (monthly), MTH (monthly), MABCPA (monthly), AKP (monthly), TL (monthly), JD (monthly), LJ (monthly), SA (monthly), JD (monthly), CD (monthly), GT (monthly), MC!!!!, SS (monthly), MC (monthly), SB (monthly), DLaG (monthly), DG (monthly 2x), MS (monthly), A Reader's Corner (monthly), JC (monthly), CB (monthly), MB, SG (monthly), VS (monthly), RD (monthly), JW (monthly), WH (monthly 2x), LM (monthly), HB (monthly), RW (monthly), PR (monthly), JT (monthly), CA (monthly), SM ($1day 2x), MK (monthly), BC (), M-KD (monthly), JL (monthly), AA (monthly), MLCPA (monthly), BA (monthly), JM (monthly), TW (monthly), HK (monthly), AR (monthly), DM (monthly), JA! (monthly), KN (monthly), GG!! (monthly), MN! (monthly), MP (monthly), CC!, LS (NEW monthly)
- AUGUST - SE (), CT (monthly), JT (monthly), CHEJr (monthly),
PL (monthly), AS (monthly), JB (monthly), PC (monthly), MG (monthly), NF (monthly), JF (monthly), KT (monthly), TT (monthly), LM (monthly), MMcG (monthly), AK (monthly), SS (monthly), MC (monthly), LC (monthly), Autotelica (monthly), TS (monthly), JJ (monthly), CRN (monthly), JS (monthly),
PE (monthly),
SB (monthly),
RL (monthly),
MH (monthly),
JW (monthly),
(monthly),
MW (monthly),
ND (monthly),
KT (monthly),
WC (monthly),
MK (monthly),
JS (monthly),
BMcC! (monthly),
AD ($1/day), JC (monthly),
TS (monthly),
EDJr (monthly),
BB (monthly),
TR (monthly),
AM (monthly),
JM (monthly), AP (monthly), BS (monthly), AP AP (monthly), CF AP (monthly), RL AP (monthly), MD ($1/day), TY AP (monthly), CK AP (monthly), AP AP (monthly), SS AP (monthly), Retro Toy Co AP (monthly), AR AP (monthly), JS, SK AP (monthly), ML ($1/day), LS AP (monthly), MG AP (monthly), CB AP (monthly), CO'C AP (monthly), JH AP (monthly), Fr MF AP (monthly), ST (monthly), JR (monthly), MF (monthly), FW (monthly), TB (monthly), DMcC (monthly), GG (monthly), NS (monthly), NA (monthly), DE (monthly), DJ (monthly), JB (monthly), JL (monthly), RMcE (monthly), NC (monthly), PL (monthly), BS (monthly), KR (monthly), DN (monthly), JS (monthly), RW (monthly), LS (monthly), St Augustine Academy Press ($1/day), BK (monthly), TB (monthly), SB (monthly), JR (monthly), KE (monthly), PMcD (monthly), PD (monthly), TH (monthly), SC (monthly), WH (monthly), MS ($1/day), CEF (), DN, BB (monthly), VR (monthly), AR (monthly), BC (monthly), MW (monthly), MK (monthly), ML (monthly), WB (monthly), DJ (monthly), JE (monthly), PO (monthly), GG!!
(monthly), MBA!! (monthly), SC (monthly), LLM (monthly), LS (monthly), SZ (monthly), LM (monthly), KB (monthly), AV (monthly), BC (monthly), JB (monthly), Anon (), GMG (), DC (monthly), PMcG (monthly), LJS (monthly), MH (monthly), MM (monthly), CS (monthly), JWM (monthly), MS (monthly), DRFB (monthly), PS (monthly), TB (monthly), DC (monthly), LL (monthly), JO'B (monthly), CDeK (monthly), RJ (monthly), CK (monthly), CR (monthly), JM (monthly), SJS (monthly), JS (monthly), DG (monthly), AN (monthly), KH (monthly), MH (monthly), RW (monthly), GD (monthly), MG (monthly), JO (monthly), JP (monthly), MR (monthly), CJG (monthly), DG (monthly), TS (monthly), JL (monthly), RR (monthly), LA (monthly), MK (monthly), RO (monthly), MD (monthly), SH (monthly), LC (monthly), MH (monthly), DS (monthly), RT (monthly), AA (monthly), eCharlie (monthly), Fr RH (monthly), HW (monthly), GG (monthly), MMcE (monthly)To set up a recurring, monthly donation via PAYPAL (even a small one) go to the bottom of this blog and look for the drop down menu! If you prefer, I also have a
account. Do you want yet another alternative to PayPal? I have set up an account with
Get a link to donate via CONTINUE TO GIVE using your smart phone.
SEND MESSAGE:
715-803-4772
I remember benefactors in my prayers and periodically say Mass for your intention.
This catechism helped to bring Fr. Z into the Catholic Church!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Some Blogs I Keep Track Of
CategoriesCategories
Select Category
?Hagan lío!
“But Father! But Father!”
“How To…” – Practical Notes
@Pontifex Tuesday Project
<option class="level-0" value=" CIC can. 915
ACTION ITEM!
ADVENTCAzT
ADVENTCAzT
ASK FATHER Question Box
Be The Maquis
Benedict XVI
Biased Media Coverage
Blatteroons
Blogs You Might Consider
Both Lungs
Brick by Brick
Caption Call
Christmas and Epiphany
Classic Posts
Clerical Sexual Abuse of Children
Crackit Gaberlunzie
Creation and Environment Stuff
Cri de Coeur
CRUX WATCH
Deaconettes
Dogs and Fleas
don Camillo
Ecclesiae unitatem
Emanations from Penumbras
Four Last Things
Fr. Z KUDOS
Fr. Z&#8217;s Kitchen
Global Killer Asteroid Questions
GO TO CONFESSION
Goat Rodeos
Going Ballistic
Green Inkers
Hard-Identity Catholicism
HONORED GUESTS
I&#8217;m just askin&#8217;&#8230;
In The Wild
Just Too Cool
Lighter fare
Linking Back
Liturgy Science Theatre 3000
LIVE STREAMING
Look! Up in the sky!
Magisterium of Nuns
Mail from priests
Modern Martyrs
My Favorite Posts
New Evangelization
New Translation
Non Nobis and Te Deum
O&#8217;Brian Tags
Olive Branches
On the road
One Man & One Woman
Our Catholic Identity
Our Solitary Boast
Parody Songs
PASCHALCAzT
Patristiblogging
Patristic Rosary Project
Picture Me In My Grief
Pò sì jiù
Pope Francis
Pope of Christian Unity
Pray For A Miracle
PRAYER REQUEST
PRAYERCAzT: What Does The (Latin) Prayer Really Sound L
Preserved Killick
Priests and Priesthood
PRO MULTIS
Puir Slow-Witted Gowk
Random Thoughts
Reader Feedback
Reading Francis Through Benedict
Religious Liberty
Saints: Stories & Symbols
Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
Seminarians and Seminaries
Semper Paratus
SESSIUNCULA
Si vis pacem para bellum!
Sin That Cries To Heaven
Slubberdegullions
SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM
The Campus Telephone Pole
The Coming Storm
The Feeder Feed
The future and our choices
The Last Acceptable Prejudice
The Olympian Middle
The Religion of Peace
Throwing a Nutty
Turn Towards The Lord
Universae Ecclesiae
Urgent Prayer Requests
Vatican II
Voice Mail
What are they REALLY saying?
What Fr. Z is up to
Wherein Fr. Z Rants
Women Religious
WordClouds
Year of Faith
Year of Mercy
Year of Priests
You must be joking!
Useful WDTPRS References
What people say&#8230;
"The great Father Zed,
Archiblogopoios"
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric"
- Anonymous
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned
- Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank"
"Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy"
"the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'"
- Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest."
- Anna Arco
Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury.
- Sam Rocha
Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night.
Blogs by priests
Support Military Chaplains!
Click to donate
Food For Thought
“Men are qualified for civil liberty in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their own appetites.
. Society cannot exist unless a controlling power upon will and appetite and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters.”
- Edmund Burke
Some Useful Liturgical Books
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!
Visits tracked by since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
Canadian Amazon Search Box
Select Month
August 2016 &(70)
July 2016 &(105)
June 2016 &(100)
May 2016 &(117)
April 2016 &(118)
March 2016 &(145)
February 2016 &(117)
January 2016 &(119)
December 2015 &(125)
November 2015 &(113)
October 2015 &(124)
September 2015 &(120)
August 2015 &(131)
July 2015 &(101)
June 2015 &(131)
May 2015 &(110)
April 2015 &(111)
March 2015 &(120)
February 2015 &(115)
January 2015 &(121)
December 2014 &(118)
November 2014 &(117)
October 2014 &(157)
September 2014 &(113)
August 2014 &(146)
July 2014 &(136)
June 2014 &(123)
May 2014 &(113)
April 2014 &(116)
March 2014 &(133)
February 2014 &(127)
January 2014 &(139)
December 2013 &(139)
November 2013 &(144)
October 2013 &(150)
September 2013 &(139)
August 2013 &(140)
July 2013 &(140)
June 2013 &(121)
May 2013 &(126)
April 2013 &(133)
March 2013 &(141)
February 2013 &(147)
January 2013 &(147)
December 2012 &(159)
November 2012 &(192)
October 2012 &(203)
September 2012 &(169)
August 2012 &(189)
July 2012 &(199)
June 2012 &(222)
May 2012 &(211)
April 2012 &(146)
March 2012 &(216)
February 2012 &(210)
January 2012 &(214)
December 2011 &(194)
November 2011 &(205)
October 2011 &(221)
September 2011 &(202)
August 2011 &(184)
July 2011 &(193)
June 2011 &(183)
May 2011 &(207)
April 2011 &(199)
March 2011 &(197)
February 2011 &(177)
January 2011 &(184)
December 2010 &(229)
November 2010 &(191)
October 2010 &(190)
September 2010 &(199)
August 2010 &(145)
July 2010 &(138)
June 2010 &(179)
May 2010 &(177)
April 2010 &(219)
March 2010 &(206)
February 2010 &(179)
January 2010 &(236)
December 2009 &(191)
November 2009 &(195)
October 2009 &(246)
September 2009 &(202)
August 2009 &(218)
July 2009 &(210)
June 2009 &(211)
May 2009 &(211)
April 2009 &(216)
March 2009 &(242)
February 2009 &(292)
January 2009 &(241)
December 2008 &(274)
November 2008 &(215)
October 2008 &(275)
September 2008 &(186)
August 2008 &(169)
July 2008 &(164)
June 2008 &(161)
May 2008 &(188)
April 2008 &(206)
March 2008 &(185)
February 2008 &(139)
January 2008 &(156)
December 2007 &(142)
November 2007 &(125)
October 2007 &(136)
September 2007 &(131)
August 2007 &(113)
July 2007 &(146)
June 2007 &(86)
May 2007 &(87)
April 2007 &(86)
March 2007 &(112)
February 2007 &(86)
January 2007 &(95)
December 2006 &(110)
November 2006 &(130)
October 2006 &(68)
September 2006 &(61)
August 2006 &(71)
July 2006 &(74)
June 2006 &(105)
May 2006 &(97)
April 2006 &(65)
March 2006 &(81)
February 2006 &(52)
January 2006 &(66)
December 2005 &(54)
ENTRY CALENDAR
April 2016
Do you use my blog often? Is it helpful to you?
If so, please consider subscribing to send a monthly donation. That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
Some options
Helper : $5.00 USD - monthly
Supporter : $10.00 USD - monthly
Backer : $25.00 USD - monthly
$1/day Ally : $30.42 USD - monthly
Sustainer : $50.00 USD - monthly
Endorser : $75.00 USD - monthly
Collaborator : $100.00 USD - monthly
Patron : $200.00 USD - monthly
Underwriter : $300.00 USD - monthly
Admin Stuff
The opinions expressed on this blog do not necessarily reflect the positions of any of the Church's entities with which I am involved. They are my own.
Where are you?

我要回帖

更多关于 sympathize with 的文章

随机推荐