what day is itis it ?

CHARTS & TRENDS
There was an error trying to load your rating for this title.
Some parts of this page won't work property. Please reload or try later.
I'm Watching This!
Error Please try again!
Added to Your Check-Ins.
What Is It?&()
What Is It? is a bewildering, unnerving, surreal, blackly comic film from the visionary mind of Crispin Glover that tells the inner and outer struggles of a young man facing villains and demons on multiple planes.
(as Crispin Hellion Glover)
(as Crispin Hellion Glover)
Check out cute, crazy, and creepy cosplayers at San Diego Comic-Con 2016.
User Lists
Related lists from IMDb users
a list of 27 titles
created 08&Jun&2012
a list of 1192 titles
created 11&Oct&2012
a list of 94 titles
created 28&Mar&2014
a list of 1061 titles
created 08&Oct&2014
a list of 130 titles
created 9&months&ago
Connect with IMDb
Share this Rating
What Is It?
Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin.
Do you have any images for this title?
An autobiographical, psycho-sexual, fantastical retelling of 's point-of-view of life.
Directors:
David Brothers,
Crispin Glover
Margit Carstensen,
Steven C. Stewart,
Carrie Szlasa
A young man with an unusual connection to rats uses them at his own sociopathic will.
Glen Morgan
Crispin Glover,
R. Lee Ermey,
Laura Harring
A clueless boss has no idea what to do with his mundane office worker whose refusal of duties only gets worse each passing minute.
Jonathan Parker
David Paymer,
Crispin Glover,
Glenne Headly
A young girl whose father is an ex-convict and whose mother is a junkie finds it difficult to conform and tries to find comfort in a quirky combination of Elvis and the punk scene.
Dennis Hopper
Linda Manz,
Dennis Hopper,
Sharon Farrell
A high school slacker kills his girlfriend and shows off her dead body to his friends. However, the friends' reaction is almost as ambiguous and perplexing as the crime itself.
Tim Hunter
Crispin Glover,
Keanu Reeves,
After a tragic car accident where his girlfriend Ry?ko Ooyama (Nami Tsukamoto) died, Hiroshi Takagi (Tadanobu Asano) suffers amnesia with his memories completely blanked. When he sees a ...
Shin'ya Tsukamoto
Tadanobu Asano,
Nami Tsukamoto,
Documentary
An in-depth look at the director James Ronald Whitney's family history of incest spanning at least three generations and the devastating consequences that include drug abuse and alcoholism.
James Ronald Whitney
James Ronald Whitney,
Melvin Just
On leave in a shore side town, Johnny becomes interested in a young dark haired woman. They meet and he learns that she plays a mermaid in the local carnival. After strange occurrences, ...
Curtis Harrington
Dennis Hopper,
Linda Lawson,
Gavin Muir
Reclusive Rubin Farr teams up with vocal but unsuccessful multi-level salesman Ed Tuttle on a quest to bury Rubin's dead cat in the "perfect spot." Their trip takes them across Utah's ...
Trent Harris
Crispin Glover,
Howard Hesseman,
Karen Black
A creative teenage girl is placed into a mind-altering procedure to civilise her, while news of a virus epidemic spreads throughout the world.
Hooroo Jackson
Crispin Glover,
Allisyn Ashley Arm,
Terry Moore
Crispin Glover
Crispin Glover,
Bruce Glover,
Kristina Coolish
My name is Louis Depre. I am 28 years old. I live in a hole called Montreal. I do not know what I like. I do not know who I like. I do not know what I want to do with my life. I do not know...
Directors:
Mathieu Denis,
Simon Lavoie
Emmanuel Schwartz,
Julie Royer,
Cast overview, first billed only:
(as Michael Bleviss)
(as Steven Stewart)
The Young Man's Outer Sanctum Friend /
Inner Sanctum's Choked Victim
Inner Sanctum Concubine /
Outer Sanctum Snail Collector
Inner Sanctum Concubine /
Outer Sanctum Girl Who Recognizes Burning
(as Rickey Wittman)
Mocking Tormentor /
Ultimate Outer Sanctum Victor
Outer Sanctum Mocking Tormentor /
Walkie-Talkie Grabbing Woman That Cries Later
Grave Digger /
Mocking Tormentor
Inner Sanctum Puppet Show Audience Member /
Outer Sanctum Victim /
What Is It? is a bewildering, unnerving, surreal, blackly comic film from the visionary mind of Crispin Glover that tells the inner and outer struggles of a young man facing villains and demons on multiple planes.
Plot Keywords:
Being the adventures of a young man whose principle interests are snails, salt, a pipe, and how to get home. As tormented by an hubristic, racist inner psyche.
Parents Guide:
Official Sites:
Release Date: 27 January 2005 (USA)
Production Co:
Show detailed
Did You Know?
Originally intended to be short film, "What Is It?" expanded out to be a feature over the 9 years of its production.
Time for the puppet show!
Crazy Credits
This film has not advocated the assassination of Steven Spielberg in any way.
Connections
References &(1985)
Soundtracks
Some Niggers Never Die (They Just Smell That Way)
by Johnny Rebel
Keyboard music for end credits by Anton LaVey
Frequently Asked Questions
(Spoiler Alert!)&&
User Reviews
Sure it' why would you want it to be anything else?
This first installment of Crispin Glover's personal magnum opus asks you to think a little, and so can't be recommended for any viewer who doesn't want to sit and puzzle over Glover's imagery or follow the surprisingly simple—but weirdly obfuscated—thread of his narrative. To the more casual viewer, yes, it's probably going to come off as a confusing mish-mash of odd, startling, and disturbing imagery for imagery's sake. You get the sense that Glover doesn't mind that this is the case, and he'll almost as gladly listen to why someone hated the film as to why they enjoyed it. Glover's innate eagerness for and about his work and how audiences interpret it is strongly communicated not only through the film itself, but also through the unusual question and answer sessions that he frequently conduct he clearly hopes that people will continue to think about what he has presented.The easiest way to interpret and dismiss the film is to label it as Dada or nihilist, a juvenile attack on the modern movie industry from an actor who's worked both without and within. But there's a reason why Glover performs his slideshow before showing his movie, and it's no his books juxtapose and create a narrative from images and text that Glover pieced together, and What Is It? does similarly with imagery drawn from Western culture. What Is It? is an endearing and compelling film in ways one hardly expects while viewing. Much has already been made about Glover's use of actors with Down's syndrome, and indeed that is one of the most initially striking aspects of the film. So jarring, in fact, that many seem to interpret it as some sort of far-reaching crusade to see a more realistic and/or dignified portrayal of the disabled in movies and television—or, on the absolute other end of the spectrum, as a kind of direct exploitation of the disabled. But it's not either, and maybe that's part of what makes this film so uncomfortable for many: the underlying agenda is not a political one or one of hatred, but one of looking beyond the mainstream culture into a kind of outsider ugliness. It's not a film about Down's syndrome, but it is a film that is owned by the actors with Down's syndrome who appear in it.I'm the sort of person who is entirely gung-ho when it comes to ugliness and strangeness being portrayed so starkly
happily for me, this is pretty much exactly how What Is It? presents itself to viewers. Glover uses the strange images of snails, death, and the disabled in part because he wants his audience to feel discomfort at either the sheer oddness of the imagery or the visceral reaction one has to the dying screams of an anthropomorphized snail. In some ways, the weirdly compelling (and occasionally downright grotesque) elements of What Is It? remind me of the work of the painter Francis Bacon… he of the infamous popes, yes, and the odd distortions of the human figure that inevitably make viewers cringe and want to look away. Like Bacon's paintings, Glover's film manages to be opulent and humble, grainy and polished, chaotic and well-realized… and the contradictions help to make it all the more disconcerting. But still this is not an entirely serious film, and it largely manages to sidestep the greatest pitfalls of pretension through the use of humor that, for the most part, derives from the use (and juxtaposition) of familiar items, images, and names of popular culture. And when What Is It? is funny, it is very funny.Overall, What Is It? is an impressive first film from Glover as a director and writer, and his presence as an actor in the film proves not to be nearly the distraction one might expect it to be. Watching it is like being an observer in the kind of dream that isn't exactly good or bad, but just strange… and that leaves you feeling slightly grimy when you wake up. If that's the kind of art you enjoy, What Is It? is likely to exceed your expectations and be well-worth the effort of catching it in the theatre, along with The Big Slide Show and Glover himself. All in all, it's an experience you're unlikely to forget any time soon.
25 of 36 people found this review helpful.&
Was this review helpful to you?
Message Boards
Recent Posts
on the IMDb message boards &
Contribute to This Page
Create a character page for:
The Young Man's Outer Sanctum Friend
Inner Sanctum's Choked Victim
Inner Sanctum Concubine
Outer Sanctum Snail Collector
Inner Sanctum Concubine
Outer Sanctum Girl Who Recognizes Burning
Mocking Tormentor
Ultimate Outer Sanctum Victor
Outer Sanctum Mocking Tormentor
Walkie-Talkie Grabbing Woman That Cries Later
Grave Digger
Mocking Tormentor
Inner Sanctum Puppet Show Audience Member
Outer Sanctum Victim
-----------
Find showtimes, watch trailers, browse photos, track your Watchlist and rate your favorite movies and TV shows on your phone or tablet!
Follow IMDb on
Copyright &what it is about?还是what is it about?它是关于什么的?迷糊了~
血刃星辰v50
它是关于什么的?What is it about?你知道它是关于什么的吗?Do you know what it is about?这就是所谓的“间接引语从句”.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
用what is it about?
用what is it about?
what it is about?
作为问句,用what is it about?“is” 问句标志,像do,does,is,are
what is it about?
后面的对。你要记得,特殊疑问句中,主语谓语倒装,因此只要是特殊疑问句,is一定在it(有时候是名词或者其他代词)的前面!!
what is it about?直接问用这个what it is about?间接引语从句中用这个
直接问用 What is it about? 间接引语从句中用 What it is about? 例如,He asks what it is about.
扫描下载二维码what is in it 是什么意思_百度知道
what is in it 是什么意思
what is in it里面有什么双语例句 1.Make a report to introduce your favorite room and what is in it.
运用演讲形式, 让学生介绍自己最喜欢的房间及房间里都有什么。2.S.?What is in it for them … especially in light of the export control regulationsaimed at China?
特别是针对中国的出口管制条例,它能给中国人带来什么呢?3.In an application server, a request for any file with the extensions jsp or jspx will be sent to the JSP container for processing, regardless of what is in it.
在应用服务器中,对任何带 jsp 或 jspx 扩展名的文件的请求都将发送到 JSP 容器进行处理,而不管其中的内容如何。
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
提问者采纳
what is in it它里面是什么双语对照例句:哗禒糕溉蕹防革狮宫饯1.What is in it for you? 你有什么好处? 2.Wait. I don't understand. What is in it? 等下我不明白这里面是什么? 3.She reports the ubiquity now of cheap and cheerful &bubble& in north-west england: noone knows just what is in it and no one much cares. 她提到,目前在英格兰西北部很多人都在用这种便宜又很爽的“泡泡”:没人知道里面的成分,也没人关心。
来自团队:
其他2条回答
what is in it 什么东西在那里面。例句:1.What is in it for you? 你有什么好处?2.Wait. I don't understand. What is in it? 等下我不明白哗禒糕溉蕹防革狮宫饯这里面是什么?
什么东西在那里面。
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁

我要回帖

更多关于 what day is it 的文章

随机推荐