the braunschweiger zeitung 猪八戒网是干什么的的

操作成功!
操作失败!
2012年 福建卷(第56-59题)
Some people believe that a Robin Hood is at work,others that a wealthy person simply wants to distribute his or her fortune before dying. But the donator who started sending envelopes with cash to deserving causes,accompanied by an article from the local paper, has made a northern German city believe in fairytales(童话).The first envelope was sent to a victim support group. It contained EUR10 000 with a cutting from the Braunschweiger Zeitungabout how the group supported a woman who was r similar plain white anonymous(匿名)envelopes, each containing EUR10 000, then arrived at a kindergarten and a church.The envelopes keep coming, and so far at least EUR190 000 has been distributed. Last month, one of them was sent to the newspaper 's own office. It came after a story it published about Tom, a 14-year-old boy who was severely disabled in a swimming accident. The receptionist at the Braunschweiger Zeitung opened an anonymous white envelope to find 20 notes of EUR500 inside, with a copy of the article. The name of the family was underlined.“I was driving when I heard the news,” Claudia Neumann, the boy's mother, told Der Spiegel magazine. “I had to park on
I was speechless."The money will be used to make the entrance to their house wheelchair-accessible and for a course of treatment that their insurance company refused to pay for.“For someone to act so selflessly, for this to happen in such a society in which everyone thinks of himself, was astonishing,”Mrs. Neumann said. Her family wonder whether the donator is a Robin Hood character, taking from banks to give to the needy.Henning Noske,the editor of the Braunschweiger Zeitung, said: "Maybe it is an old person who is about to die. We just do not know." However, he has told his reporters not to look for the city's hero, for fear that discovery may stop the donations.
56、The&Braunschweiger Zeitung&is the name of ______.
A.a church&
B.a bank&&
C.a newspaper&
D.a magazine
57、Which of the following is TRUE about the donation to Tom?
A.The donation amounted to EUR90 000.
B.The donation was sent directly to his house.
C.The money will be used for his education.
D.His mother felt astonished at the donation.
58、It can be inferred from the passage that _____.
A.the donator is a rich old man
B.the donation will continue to come
C.the donation comes from the newspaper&&
D.the donator will soon be found out
59、What would be the best title for the passage?
A.Money Is Raised by the Newspaper
B.Newspaper Distributes Money to the Needy
C.Unknown Hero Spreads Love in Envelopes&&
D.Robin Hood Returns to the City
【正确答案】
56:C57:D58:B59:C
【命题立意】
56、细节理解题。难度中等。57、细节理解题。难度中等。58、推理判断题。难度中等。59、标题概括题。难度较大。
【解题思路】56、根据第三段第二句至第四句可知,上个月,一封匿名信被送到报社办公室。它是在报纸上登出一个14岁男孩汤姆因游泳事故而残疾的故事后寄送过来的。Braunschweiger Zeitung的接待员打开了这封匿名的白色信封,发现里面有20张500欧元纸币和文章的复印件。由此可知Braunschweiger Zeitung是一家报社的名字,故选C。57、根据第四段中的“Claudia Neumann,the boy’s mother,told&Der Spiegel&magazine.‘I had to park on the side of the road;I was speechless’”可知,男孩的母亲听到这个消息后把车停在了路边,说不出话来,显然是很吃惊,故选D。A、B、C三项内容均与原文不符,故排除。58、根据最后一段最后一句“However,he has told his reporters not to look for the city’s hero,for fear that discovery may stop the donations.”可知,Henning Noske告诉他的记者们不要去寻找这位城市英雄,害怕如果找到之后捐赠就可能会停止。由此可以推断,捐赠还会继续出现,故选B。59、根据文章内容可知,一位无名英雄不断捐赠,帮助需要帮助的人,因为他总是用信封匿名寄出捐赠的钱,在这个人人为已的社会里传播爱,故选C。(
19:20:10 )
【文章大意】本文是一篇记叙文,讲述了一位无名英雄不断向需要帮助的人捐赠钱款,不求回报,只为在这个人人为己的社会里传播一点爱。(
19:20:10 )
相关知识点的海词问答和网友补充:
相关词典网站:中国最具影响力高考资源门户
最近更新: 1981 昨天: 3964 本周: 164062 总量:
今日:696套
总数:5174647套
会员数:131942位
当前位置:全国大联考
【步步登高】2014年高考英语总复习:综合能力测试(必修三,unit1-unit5,含解析)
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
所属地区: 全国
上传时间:
下载次数:3次
资料类型:高考真题
文档大小:370.50K
所属点数: 0.1点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0.1 点,】
资料概述与简介
综合能力测试三(必修3)
时间:120分钟 满分:150分
第Ⅰ卷(共115分)
第一部分:听力(共两节,满分30分)
第一节:(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
请听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a hospital.
B. In a restaurant.
C. In a classroom.
2. When will the man be able to visit Mr Black?
A. On November 1st.
B. On November 2nd.
C. On November 3rd.
3. What do we know from the mans answer?
A. He doesnt like either.
B. Brown is his favourite colour.
C. He likes both shirts.
4. What does the man plan to do this afternoon?
A. Go to a movie.
B. Go to his classes.
C. Go to buy something.
5. What can we learn about Tom?
A. He has got a fever.
B. He has been practicing running for quite a long time.
C. He has no idea where to see a doctor.
第二节:(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
请听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,每小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
请听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。
6. How does the woman feel about waiting?
A. Its fun.
B. Its boring.
C. Its a waste of time.
7. What goes wrong with the man?
A. He forgets taking his ID card.
B. He cant remember his social security number.
C. He isnt taking his records with him.
8. What are the two speakers doing?
A. Waiting for registration.
B. Waiting for a presentation.
C. Waiting for a class.
请听第7段材料,回答第9至11题。
9. Why does the woman have a sore throat?
A. Because she had too many peppers.
B. Because she was infected by virus.
C. Because she had a high fever.
10. What will the woman do according to the doctors advice?
A. Take some medicine.
B. Stay in hospital for a couple of days.
C. Take an X-ray for her stomach.
11. What doesnt the doctor suggest to the womans sleeplessness?
A. Drinking a cup of milk before sleep.
B. Washing feet with hot water.
C. Taking some sleeping-pills.
请听第8段材料,回答第12至14题。
12. Why is the man so upset about his grade?
A. Because it took him weeks to finish the project.
B. Because the woman doesnt understand his problem.
C. Because Ames got a better grade with less work.
13. What does the woman suggest the man do?
A. Work harder.
B. Speak to the teacher.
C. Forget about the whole thing.
14. What does the woman think of the mans grade?
A. It is not a bad grade.
B. It is unfair to the man.
C. She has no comment.
请听第9段材料,回答第15至17题。
15. Who is Holly?
A. A friend of Jims.
B. A classmate of Lisas.
C. A person at the party.
16. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. How to join clubs.
B. How to make friends.
C. How to hold parties.
17. What do we know about Jim?
A. Hes shy and nervous.
B. Hes helpful and humorous.
C. Hes friendly and popular.
请听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
18. What did the children in Chattisgarh eat?
A. Biscuits and ice-cream.
B. Cookies and chocolate.
C. Biscuits and chocolate.
19. How many people are reported injured in Turkey earthquake?
A. About 10,000.
B. About 34,000.
C. About 35,000.
20. What can we learn from the second piece of news?
A. Over 20,000 people are confirmed dead.
B. About 45,000 people are still missing.
C. An American navy team has arrived in Turkey.
听力部分录音材料
W:Party of two?
M:No, five. Three others are coming later.
M:May I see Mr Black the day after tomorrow?
W:Let me see ... Er... Its November the first today ... Oh, sorry, you cant. But what about tomorrow afternoon?
M:Thats OK. Thank you.
W:Which of the two shirts do you like better, the brown one or the black and white one?
M:It is not an easy question for me to answer. Brown is not my favourite colour and the other is too fancy for me.
W:I telephone to see if youd like to go to the movies this afternoon.
M:Id love to, but I just broke my glasses and I have to get another pair before the shop closes.
W:I havent seen Tom for quite a long time. Whats the matter with him?
M:As far as I know, hes been running a fever.
W:Had he seen a doctor?
M:I have got no idea.
M:I cant stand waiting in long lines during registration.
W:Oh, its not that bad. I think its fun to see all of our classmates.
M:I guess youre right. Id like to know who is going to be in my class.
W:Me too.
M:Oh, no, I cant remember my social security number.
W:You had better find out what it is before your turn.
M:Cant they find it in my records if I dont have it?
W:Probably, but it takes a lot longer and it slows down the whole registration.
W:I feel very sick, doctor.
M:Whats wrong with you?
W:Ive got a very bad cough that I can not even sleep at night.
M:Lets have a look at your throat. Open wide and say “Ah”.
M:Yes. It does look a bit sore. But theres nothing to be worried about. Its just a slight virus infection. Youd better have a couple of days in bed. And Ill give you a prescription for your throat.
W:Oh, thank you, doctor. And I cant sleep well, could you give me something for that?
M:This is a difficult question. I mean maybe you have some worries or you drink coffee too much before you go to bed. You may drink a cup of milk before sleep and wash your feet with hot water that may help you to sleep.
W:Thank you, doctor.
M:I cant believe it! I only got a “B” on my project.
W:Why are you complaining? Thats not a bad grade.
M:I worked on it for weeks. I spent hours in the library checking on things. I really thought Id done a good job. I even gave up last weeks concert.
W:Well, getting a “B” is good. I just dont see why youre so upset.
M:But Ames didnt spend half as much time on his project and he still got an “A”.
W:Ames always gets good grades on his projects. If you are truly dissatisfied, why dont you speak to the teacher to find out why you only got a “B”?
M:Im really not in the mood to speak to that teacher.
W:Maybe your grade can be changed. If that cant be done, you can find out what was weak about it and try to improve on those points in your next project.
M:I suppose thats the best thing to do.
W:You surely have a big circle of friends, Jim. Where did you meet them all?
M:Oh, you know, Lisa, different places. Like, for example, Holly. You know her, right?
W:Yeah, sure. You like to talk with her.
M:Right. Well, Hollys someone I grew up with, so Ive known her for years.
W:Yeah, but when we walk around the school together, you seem to know everybody. They cant all be
friends from your childhood.
M:No, of course not. Ive met a lot of people in my classes. And at the beginning of the term, I joined a
couple of clubs, so Ive been meeting a lot of people that way.
W:Well, I envy you. But you know, it must be something special about you. I go to my classes and the gym and all that, but I dont seem to meet a lot of people. I think youre just a lot more popular than
M:Maybe, but I know you like people. Um. You know that, my classmates and I are having a big party
next week. Why dont you come and talk and meet new people?
W:Hmm. Thats really nice of you, Jim, but I get kind of nervous at big parties ...
Here is the news.
At least 52 children were hospitalized after they ate sweets given out at school on Monday in the northern Indian state of Chattisgarh, the United News of India (UNI) reported. Police said the state school pupils in Dhanora village fell ill after consuming biscuits and chocolate distributed by two unidentified men who entered the school at a break. The men said they were celebrating their birthday. The children were hospitalized after they complained of severe stomachache and dizziness. The police are hunting for the men who handed out the sweets.
Turkey says more than 10,000 people now are confirmed dead after the earthquake three days ago. Most of the deaths are in 5 northwestern cities. About 34,000 people are reported injured. Rescue workers still are searching for about 35,000 missing people, many are trapped under fallen buildings. Rescuers are using cameras, dogs and listening devices to search for survivors. But United Nations officers are afraid that the final number of dead could be more than 40,000. Health officials in Turkey warn of the possible spread of diseases from the dead bodies still trapped under fallen buildings. The United States has cancelled plans to send firefighting airplanes to Turkey because fires caused by the earthquake have been controlled. But an American navy team has arrived in Turkey with about 13,000 kilograms of medical equipment.
1—5 BBACA 6—10 ABABA
11—15 CCBAA 16—20 BCCBC
第二部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节:单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21.(2013·浙江省宁波市中学期末)I read the instructions ________ second time in order to get ________hang of it.
A.a; /        B. the
C.a; the D. a
解析:序数词前用a表示“再一,又一”;get the hang of熟悉,掌握,为固定短语。
22.(2013·浙江省宁波市期末)Dont believe him. He always ________ promises, but never ________.
A. keeps his words B. keeps his word
C. makes his words D. makes his word
解析:make promises许诺;keep ones word守信用,为固定短语。
23.(2013·浙江省宁波市期末)To their surprise, the old man who earned a ________ by collecting waste paper was found ________ in the heavy snow.
A. live B. living
C. alive D. lively
解析:earn a living谋生;be found alive被发现活着。
24.The problem we ________ at the meeting is now still under consideration, but soon it will be solved.
A.came up B.brought up
C.put up D.picked up
解析:bring up提出。句意:我们在会上提出的问题仍在考虑,但很快它就会被解决。
25.A service was held ________ those who had died of AIDS.
A.in favour of B.in memory of
C.in honour of D.in search of
解析:in memory of为了纪念。in favour of支持,赞同;in honour of为了纪念;in search of寻找。
26.(2013·浙江省金华十校联考)We ________ him for his success in business and theres a lot I think I should learn from him.
A.honour B.calm
C.admire D.save
解析:admire sb. for sth.因……而钦佩某人。honour纪念;calm使平静;save节省。
27.My uncle hasnt ________ till now. Perhaps he has been held up in the rush hour.
A.come up B.made up
C.gone up D.turned up
解析:turn up出现,露面。句意:我叔叔到现在还未露面。大概他被困在交通高峰中了。make up编造,化妆;come up被提出;go up上升。
28.(2013·江西上饶市期末)I do hope so because I want you to live ________ as I have.
A.as long and healthy a life B.as a long and healthy life
C.as long and a healthy life D.so long and healthy a life
解析:as+形容词+a/an+单数名词。
29.—The party must have been terrible.
—________, I enjoyed every minute.
A.After all B.On the contrary
C.In general D.As a result
解析:on the contrary正相反。after all毕竟;in general一般说来;as a result结果。
30.(2013·杭州市质检)The basketball match between the two great teams will undoubtedly be a(an)________ for the eyes.
A.benefit B.feast
C.concern D.honour
解析:feast赏心悦目的事。句意:两队之间的篮球赛无疑是件赏心悦目的事。
31.(2013·杭州市质检)The year 2012, ________ has seen many challenges and opportunities our country has been facing, will be remembered by us all.
A.when B.that
C.which D.as
解析:which引导非限制性定语从句,代替the year 2012。
32.—Theres someone knocking on the door. Who ________ it be?
—It must be Mary. She promised to be here at 8:00.
A.must B.can
C.shall D.need
解析:can用于问句中,表示推测,意为“可能”。句意:——有人在敲门。可能会是谁吗?——肯定是玛丽。她答应八点到这。
33.(2013·长春市期末)The sudden death of Kim Jong-il(金正日) had a short-term effect on Asian trade, ________ the dropping of stocks in some Asian countries.
A.relying on B.accounting for[Z|X|X|K]
C.resulting from D.standing for
解析:account for导致。句意:金正日的突然去世对亚洲的贸易有短期影响,导致了一些亚洲国家股市下跌。rely on依靠;result from起因于;stand for代表。
34.(2013·长春市期末) —Did you have a good nights sleep last night, sir?
—Oh, exactly. It was such a comfortable bed. I could never have ________ sleep.
A.a worse B.the best
C.a better D.the worst
解析:could never与形容词的比较级连用,表示肯定含义。答句句意:噢,的确。这是如此舒适的床。我睡得再好不过了。
35.—Do you mind if I keep pets in this building?
—________
A.Id rather you didnt, actually.
B.Of course not, its not allowed here.
C.Never mind.
D.No, you cant.
解析:Id rather you didnt, actually实际上我宁愿你不在(楼里养宠物)。
第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
(2012·江苏高考)
The concept of solitude (独处) in the digital world is almost non-existent. In the world of digital technology, e-mail,social networking and online video games, information is meant to be __36__. Solitude can be hard to discover __37__ it has been given up. In this respect, new technologies have __38__ our culture.
The desire to be connected has brought solitude to a(n) __39__ as weve known it. People have become so __40__ in the world of networks and connections that one can often be contacted __41__
theyd rather not be. Today we can talk, text,e-mail, chat and blog (写博客), not only from our __42__,but from our mobile phones as well.
Most developed nations have become __43__ on digital technology simply because theyve grown accustomed to it,and at this point not __44__
it would make them an outsider.__45__, many jobs and careers require people to be __46__. From this point of view, technology has changed the culture of work. Being reachable might feel like a __47__ to those who may not want to be able to be contacted at all times.
I suppose the positive side is that solitude is still possible for anyone who __48__ wants it. Computers can be shut __49__
and mobile phones can be turned off. The ability to be “connected”and “on” has many __50__, as well as disadvantages. Travelers have ended up __51__ on mountains, and mobile phones have saved countless lives. They can also make people feel __52__ and forced to answer unwanted calls or
to unwanted texts.
Attitudes towards our connectedness as a society __54__across generations. Some find todays technology a gift. Others consider it a curse. Regardless of anyones view on the subject, its hard to imagine what life would be like __55__ daily advancements in technology.
36.A.updated B.received
C.shared D.collected
37.A.though B.until
C.once D.before
38.A.respected B.shaped
C.ignored D.preserved
39.A.edge B.stage
C.end D.balance
40.A.sensitive B.intelligent
C.considerate D.reachable
41.A.even if B.only if
C.as if D.if only
42.A.media B.computers
C.databases D.monitors
43.A.bent B.hard
C.keen D.dependent
44.A.finding B.using
C.protecting D.changing
45.A.Also B.Instead
C.Otherwise D.Somehow
46.A.connected B.trained
C.recommended D.interested
47.A.pleasure B.benefit
C.burden D.disappointment
48.A.slightly B.hardly
C.merely D.really
49.A.out B.down
C.up D.in
50.A.aspects B.weaknesses
C.advantages D.exceptions
51.A.hidden B.lost
C.relaxed D.deserted
52.A.trapped B.excited
C.confused D.amused
53.A.turn B.submit
C.object D.reply
54.A.vary B.arise
C.spread D.exist
55.A.beyond B.within
C.despite D.without
答案与解析
36.C update意为“更新”;receive意为“收到”;share意为“分享,分担,共有,共同使用”;collect意为“搜集,收集”。根据前面的“数码科技”“电子邮件”“社交网络”“网上电子游戏”这些词汇判断,此处应选C项,说明“信息共享”。
37.C though意为“尽管,虽然”,引导让步状语从句;until意为“直到”,引导时间状语从句;once意为“一旦”,引导时间状语从句,同时含有条件意味;before意为“在……之前”,引导时间状语从句。根据上下文分析,此处前后句为条件的逻辑关系,所以选C项。句意:一旦放弃了独处,就很难发现了。
38.B respect意为“尊重,遵守,涉及”;shape意为“使成形,塑造,形成”;ignore意为“忽视,不理会”;preserve意为“保护,保存”。根据前面所述,在数字科技时代,信息共享,独处的观念几乎不存在了,从这方面来说,新的科技对我们的文化有着很大的影响,所以选B项,表示“塑造着我们的文化”。
39.C 根据“The desire to be connected...”可知,既然希望联系在一起,那么独处就不复存在了,bring...to an end意为“结束……,终结……”。
40.D sensitive意为“敏感的,灵敏的”;intelligent意为“聪明的,明智的”;considerate意为“体贴的,考虑周到的”;reachable意为“可达到的,可达成的”。根据上下文判断,此处应选D项,表示在网络和联系的世界,人们很容易被找到。
41.A 根据空前“一个人被联系起来”和空后“不愿意”判断,应选A项引导让步状语从句,表示“即使他们不情愿”。
42.B 根据第四段第二句话的computers和常识判断,此处应选B项,表示不但可以在计算机上而且可以在手机上交谈、发信息、发邮件、聊天和写博客。
43.D 根据后面的“...accustomed to it...”可知发达国家的人们已经习惯了数字科技,所以对数字科技存在着依赖,故选用dependent。
44.B 根据语境判断此处应选B项,此处句意为“不使用数字科技会使人们成为门外汉或局外人”,根据句意可知不是“不发现”“不保护”或“不改变”数字科技。
45.A 该句进一步说明数字科技的重要性,所以选用表示递进的also,意为“也,还,同样地”。instead意为“代替,而是”;otherwise意为“否则,要不然的话”;somehow意为“不知怎么地,以某种方式”。
46.A connect意为“联系”;train意为“训练,培训”;recommend意为“推荐,建议”;interest意为“吸引,使感兴趣”。本文反复讲述数字时代人们之间的“联系”,所以应选A项。
47.C pleasure意为“有趣的事”;benefit意为“好处,益处”;burden意为“负担”;disappointment意为“失望”。从句意可知,对于不想被联系起来的那些人来说,很容易被找到感觉一个“负担”。
48.D slightly意为“稍微地”;hardly意为“几乎不”;merely意为“仅仅”;really意为“真地”。该句分析的是积极的一面,那就是真正想独处的人仍然还可以做到。
49.B shut out意为“把……关在外面,排斥,遮住”;shut down意为“关闭,停机”;shut up意为“使住口,闭嘴”;shut in意为“围住,关进”。应选B项,此处表示“计算机可以被关闭”。
50.C 该句说明了事情的正反两个方面,所以选C项与后面的disadvantages对应。
51.B 该句说明数字科技的好处。从“手机救了无数人的命”判断,应选B项,此处说明旅游者在山中“迷路了”,处于危险的境地。
52.A trapped意为“陷入困境的,受到限制的”;excited意为“激动地,兴奋的”;confused意为“困惑的,迷茫的”;amused意为“有趣的,愉快的”。该句说明数字科技的坏处,可排除B、D两项;根据后面“被迫接不想接的电话”判断应选A项,表示处于困境中。
53.D turn to意为“转向,求助于”;submit to意为“屈服于,上交”;object to意为“反对,抗议”;reply to意为“回复,答复”。此处应选用reply与前面的answer一致,表示“回复短信”。
54.A vary意为“不同,变化,呈多样化”;arise意为“产生,出现,形成”;spread意为“伸展,传播”;exist意为“存在”。根据下一句人们不同的观点看出,应选A项,表示人们的态度多种多样。
55.D what life would be like用了虚拟语气,所以后面用without表示相反的虚拟条件。
第三部分:阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)
第一节:(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
Getting rid of dirt, in the opinion of most people, is a good thing. However, there is nothing fixed about attitudes to dirt.
In the early 16th century, people thought that dirt on the skin was a means to block out disease,as medical opinion had it that washing off dirt with hot water could open up the skin and let ills in. A particular danger was thought to lie in public baths. By 1538, the French king had closed the bath houses in his kingdom. So did the king of England in 1546. Thus began a long time when the rich and the poor in Europe lived with dirt in a friendly way.
Henry Ⅳ, King of France, was famously dirty. Upon learning that a nobleman had taken a bath, the king ordered that, to avoid the attack of disease, the nobleman should not go out.
Though the belief in the merit of dirt was long-lived, dirt has no longer been regarded as a nice neighbor ever since the 18th century. Scientifically speaking, cleaning away dirt is good to health.Clean water supply and hand washing are practical means of preventing disease. Yet, it seems that standards of cleanliness have moved beyond science since World War Ⅱ. Advertisements repeatedly sell the idea: clothes need to be whiter than white, cloths ever softer, surfaces to shine. Has the hate for dirt, however, gone too far?
Attitudes to dirt still differ hugely nowadays. Many first-time parents nervously try to warn their children off touching dirt, which might be responsible for the spread of disease. On the contrary, Mary Ruebush, an American immunologist (免疫学家), encourages children to play in the dirt to build up a strong immune system. And the latter position is gaining some ground.
56.The kings of France and England in the 16th century closed bath houses because ________.
A.they lived healthily in a dirty environment
B.they thought bath houses were too dirty to stay in
C.they believed disease could be spread in public baths
D.they considered bathing as the cause of skin disease
57.Which of the following best describes Henry Ⅳs attitude to bathing?
A.Afraid.
B.Curious.
C.Approving.
D.Uninterested.
58.How does the passage mainly develop?
A.By providing examples.
B.By making comparisons.
C.By following the order of time.
D.By following the order of importance.
59.What is the authors purpose in writing the passage?
A.To stress the role of dirt.
B.To introduce the history of dirt.
C.To call attention to the danger of dirt.
D.To present the change of views on dirt.
答案与解析
56.C 细节理解题。从第二段前两句可知,在16世纪人们认为洗澡会将皮肤打开从而让病毒侵入,尤其是在公共浴池存在着危险。因此英法两国的国王为了避免疾病的传播而下令关闭澡堂。
57.A 推理判断题。从第二段的最后两句亨利四世是出名的脏及听说一个贵族洗了澡之后下令这个人不能出门可知他对洗澡有恐惧感,害怕传播疾病。
58.C 推理判断题。从二、三、四每段的第一句话可知作者在叙述时主要是按照时间顺序介绍的。
59.D 推理判断题。文章的第一段第二句即点明了本文的中心,指出人们对待污垢并没有固定的态度,再结合下文每段的第一句可知本文主要介绍的是人们对污垢的态度的改变。
(2012·北京高考)
Peanuts to This
Proudly reading my words,I glanced around the room,only to find my classmates bearing big smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes.Confused,I glanced toward my stone-faced teacher.Having no choice,I slowly raised the report I had slaved over,hoping to hide myself.“What could be causing everyone to act this way?”
Quickly,I flashed back to the day Miss Lancelot gave me the task.This was the first real task I received in my new school.It seemed simple:go on the Internet and find information about a man named George Washington.Since my idea of history came from an ancient teacher in my home country,I had never heard of that name before.As I searched the name of this fellow,it became evident that there were two people bearing the same name who looked completely different! One invented hundreds of uses for peanuts,while the other led some sort of army across America.I stared at the screen, wondering which one my teacher meant.I called my grandfather for a golden piece of advice:flip (掷) a coin.Heads-the commander,and tails-the peanut guy.Ah!Tails, my report would be about the great man who invented peanut butter,George Washington Carver.
Weeks later,standing before this unfriendly mass,I was totally lost.Oh well,I lowered the paper and sat down at my desk,burning to find out what I had done wrong. As a classmate began his report,it all became clear,“My report is on George Washington,the man who started the American Revolution.”The whole world became quiet!How could I know that she meant that George Washington?
Obviously,my grade was awful.Heartbroken but fearless,I decided to turn this around.I talked to Miss Lancelot,but she insisted:No re?dos;no new grade.I felt that the punishment was not justified,and I believed I deserved a second chance.Consequently,I threw myself heartily into my work for the rest of the school year.Ten months later,that chance unfolded as I found myself sitting in the headmasters office with my grandfather,now having an entirely different conversation.I smiled and flashed back to the embarrassing moment at the beginning of the year as the headmaster informed me of my option to skip the sixth grade.Justice is sweet!
60.What did the authors classmates think about his report?
A.Controversial. B.Ridiculous.
C.Boring. D.Puzzling.
61.Why was the author confused about the task?
A.He was unfamiliar with American history.
B.He followed the advice and flipped a coin.
C.He forgot his teachers instruction.
D.He was new at the school.
62.The underlined word“burning”in Para.3 probably means ________.
A.annoyed B.ashamed
C.ready D.eager
63.In the end,the author turned things around ________.
A.by redoing his task
B.through his own efforts
C.with the help of his grandfather
D.under the guidance of his headmaster
答案与解析
60. B 推理判断题。根据文章第一段第一句中的“...I glanced around the room,only to find my classmates bearing big smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes.”可知,同学们觉得我讲得太荒谬可笑了。故此处B项符合原文信息。
61.A 推理判断题。根据第二段“Since my idea of history came from an ancient teacher in my home country,I had never heard of that name before.”可以看出,我对历史的了解是源自祖国的一位老师,以前从来没听说过这个名字,所以对美国历史知之甚少。故A项正确。
62.D 词义猜测题。根据本段内容不难看出,我当时有点茫然不知所措,静静地坐在位子上,急于想知道我究竟错在哪里,结果有一位同学给出了答案。故此处burning应为“急切的”。故D项正确。
63.B 细节理解题。根据最后一段可以看出,虽然我当时得分很低,但我想将此情况逆转。结合“Consequently,I threw myself heartily into my work for the rest of the school year.”可以看出,我全身心投入学习中,最终情况转变了。故B项正确。
(2012·福建高考)
Some people believe that a Robin Hood is at work, others that a wealthy person simply wants to distribute his or her fortune before dying. But the donator who started sending envelopes with cash to deserving causes, accompanied by an article from the local paper, has made a northern German city believe in fairytales (童话).
The first envelope was sent to a victim support group. It contained £10,000 with a cutting from the Braunschweiger Zeitung about how the group supported a woman who was r similar plain white anonymous (匿名) envelopes, each containing £10,000, then arrived at a kindergarten and a church.
The envelopes keep coming, and so far at least £190,000 has been distributed. Last month, one of them was sent to the newspapers own office. It came after a story it published about Tom, a 14?year?old boy who was severely disabled in a swimming accident. The receptionist at the Braunschweiger Zeitung opened an anonymous white envelope to find 20 notes of £500 inside, with a copy of the article.The name of the family was underlined.
“I was driving when I heard the news,”Claudia Neumann,the boys mother, told Der Spiegel magazine.“I had to park on
I was speechless.”
The money will be used to make the entrance to their house wheelchair?accessible and for a course of treatment that their insurance company refused to pay for.
“For someone to act to selflessly, for this to happen in such a society in which everyone thinks of himself, was astonishing,” Mrs. Neumann said. Her family wonder whether the donator is a Robin Hood character, taking from banks to give to the needy.
Henning Noske, the editor of the Braunschweiger Zeitung, said:“Maybe it is an old person who is about to die. We just do not know.” However, he has told his reporters not to look for the citys hero, for fear that discovery may stop the donations.
64.The Braunschweiger Zeitung is the name of ________.
A.a church B.a bank
C.a newspaper D.a magazine
65.Which of the following is TRUE about the donation to Tom?
A.The donation amounted to £190,000.
B.The donation was sent directly to his house.
C.The money will be used for his education.
D.His mother felt astonished at the donation.
66.It can be inferred from the passage that ________.
A.the donator is a rich old man
B.the donation will continue to come
C.the donation comes from the newspaper
D.the donator will soon be found out
67.What would be the best title for the passage?
A.Money Is Raised by the Newspaper
B.Newspaper Distributes Money to the Needy
C.Unknown Hero Spreads Love in Envelopes
D.Robin Hood Returns to the City
答案与解析
64.C 细节理解题。由第一段第二句中的accompanied by an article from the local paper以及第三段第二句中的the newspapers office可知Braunschweiger Zeitung是一份报纸。
65.D 推理判断题。由第三段第一句可知19万欧元是捐赠的总数,而不是给汤姆捐赠的钱数,由此排除A项;由第三段第二句可知给汤姆的捐赠先送到了报社,故排除B项;由第五段可知,这笔钱应该是用来整修汤姆家的出入口以方便轮椅进出及为他治疗残疾的,故排除C项;由第四段可知,当汤姆的妈妈知道这个消息之后,她把车停在路旁,一句话也说不出来。由此可推出,汤姆的妈妈知道这份捐赠后非常吃惊。故选D项。
66.B 推理判断题。根据最后一段中的“他告诉记者不要寻找这位城市的英雄,以免寻找可能会中断这些捐赠”可推知,如果记者不把这位英雄找出来,这种捐赠有可能就会继续。故选B项。
67.C 主旨大意题。本文主要讲述了一位不想为人们所知的英雄通过信封向人们传递爱心的事。只有C项能把这一切都包含进去,其他几个选项都过于片面。故选C项。
For those who study the development of intelligence (智力) in the animal world,self-awareness is an important measurement. An animal that is aware (意识) of itself has a high level of intelligence.
Awareness can be tested by studying whether the animal recognizes itself in the mirror, that is,its own reflected image (反射出的影像). Many animals fail this exercise bitterly, paying very little attention to the reflected image. Only humans, and some intelligent animals like apes and dolphins,have been shown to recognize that the image in the mirror is of themselves.
Now another animal has joined the club. In the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers report that an Asian elephant has passed the mirror self-reflection test.
“We thought that elephants were the next important animal,” said Diana Reiss of the Wildlife Conservation Society, an author of the study with Joshua M. Plotnik and Fans B. M. de Waal of Emory University. With their large brains, Reiss said, “elephants seemed like cousins to apes and dolphins.”
The researchers tested Happy, Maxine and Patty, three elephants at the Bronx Zoo. They put an 8-foot-square mirror on a wall of the animals play area (out of the sight of zoo visitors) and recorded what happened with cameras, including one built in the mirror.
The elephants used their long noses to find what was behind it, and to examine parts of their bodies.
Of the three, Happy then passed the test, in which a clear mark was painted on one side of her face. She could tell the mark was there by looking in the mirror, and she used the mirror to touch the mark with her long nose.
Diana Reiss said, “We knew elephants were intelligent, but now we can talk about their intelligence in a better way.”
68.What can mirror tests tell us about animals?
A.Whether they have large brains.
B.Whether they have self-awareness.
C.Whether they enjoy outdoor exercises.
D.Whether they enjoy playing with mirrors.
69.Why does the author mention apes and dolphins in the text?
A.They are most familiar to readers.
B.They are big favorites with zoo visitors.
C.They are included in the study by Reiss.
D.They are already known to be intelligent.
70.What made Happy different from Maxine and Patty?
A.She used her nose to search behind the mirror.
B.She recognized her own image in the mirror.
C.She painted a mark on her own face.
D.She found the hidden camera.
答案与解析
68.B 细节理解题。根据第二段第一句可知,通过研究动物是否在镜子中识别自己可以测试它们的自我意识。
69.D 推理判断题。根据第二段最后一句可知,作者提到猿和海豚是因为它们和人一样可以识别镜中自己的形象,是人们已知的有智力的动物;再根据第三段,一个亚洲象也通过了该测试,也加入到有智力的行列里。
70.B 细节理解题。根据倒数第二段,三个大象中只有Happy通过了镜子测试,也就是说只有她能识别镜中自己的形象,因此这是她有别于其他大象的地方。
第二节:(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。
There is a fish called the angelfish (神仙鱼), which can change from female to male. No, it cannot do it by simply wishing to become male. The change happens for a specific reason.
__71__ And each group has one male fish, which is blue in colour, and four female fish, which are yellow in colour. The male angelfish is the one who protects and looks after the females and acts like their “security guard”. When the male dies, the group needs a “security guard”.__72__ She begins to grow larger in size.After a week, she starts changing colour, from yellow to blue.__73__ She begins behaving like a male. Two weeks later, black stripes (条纹) appear on her body. This indicates that the gender change is completed. She is now completely male!
__74__ Most of them act as “cleaners” for other fish. They pick parasites (寄生虫) and dead tissue from the body of other fish.
The angelfish are among the most brightly coloured fish of the sea. __75__ These patterns help them to hide from their enemies.Often, the young ones are differently coloured from the adults.Among the better-known species are the black and gold angelfish of the Indo-Pacific, the French angelfish.
A. They usually swim singly or in pairs.
B. Slowly, her behaviour towards the female changes.
C. This process of changing from female to male happens to some other species.
D. This is when the largest female fish in the group begins to change its appearance.
E. People prefer to keep them because of the interesting patterns on them.
F. The angel fish live in groups.
G. Another interesting fact about angelfish is that they have an occupation in the fish world.
71—75 FDBGE
第Ⅱ卷(共35分)
第四部分:写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节:短文改错(满分10分)
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线()划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
(2013·河北省迁西一中月考)
My ideal university is the university that is locating in the northern part of China. I hope that it will like this: First, there should be a wide variety of subject we can study. Second, I expect there to be a large library with many books and good?equipped labs. As to the environment, I would not like to live and study on an enjoyable campus. Around the university there should have some shops and restaurants accessible. Last and not least, I hope that the accommodations and the living conditions would be satisfactory.
This is my ideal university and I will work hard at it.
My ideal university is th university that is locatin in the northern part of China. I hope that it will
like this: First, there should be a wide variety of subjec we can study. Second, I expect there to be a large library with many books and goo?equipped labs. As to the environment, I would not like to live and study on an enjoyable campus. Around the university there should hav some shops and restaurants accessible. Last an not least, I hope that the accommodations and the living conditions woul be satisfactory.
This is my ideal university and I will work hard a it.
第二节:书面表达(满分25分)
(2013·大连市、沈阳市联考)
你校英语社团部要组织一次英语辩论赛,就“是否应该缩短中学生在校时间为8小时”这一论题进行辩论,请你作为正方代表,写一份发言稿。内容要点如下:
1.保证充足睡眠;
2.提高学习效率;
3.增加自主时间。
注意:1.词数100左右;
2.可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯;
3.辩论稿的开头已为你写好(不计入总词数)。
As a senior high student, I strongly recommend that_______________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
One possible version:
As a senior high student, I strongly recommend that we should shorten the school time to 8 hours a day.
This will benefit us a lot. Firstly, shortening school time will certainly mean enough sleep to students, which in turn will make the students more energetic during the day. Besides,whether we will get good marks is not decided by how much time we spend at school, but how efficient we are. Most importantly, with more free time, we can do something interesting and useful as we like, such as outdoor activities and community services.
In a word, I support the idea of reducing school time to 8 hours a day and Im pretty sure that well develop better.
该会员上传的其它文档
已有&0&条评论,共有&0&人参与,
网友评论:
合作 / 友情链接

我要回帖

更多关于 猪八戒网是干什么的 的文章

随机推荐