would rather...than 和would prefer doingto.. rather than在翻译上和实际使用上有什么区别?

...rather than...和(would)rather...than...是什么意思?怎么用?_百度知道
...rather than...和(would)rather...than...是什么意思?怎么用?
rather than  ①rather than必须连接两平行结构即并联两词(名词、代词)两词定式或并联两短语或句  :  John ought to go rather than Mary.  约翰比玛丽更应该  ②rather than并联两词定式词定式般省略to(比较式文体保留to)  :  In Chinait is important to invest in education rather than(to)increase personal wages.  优先投资教育比增加工资重要would rather  ①would rather固定习惯用语用于任何称其简略形式 ’d ratherwould rather直接带省略to词定式  :  Would you rather stay at home or go out with me  愿意呆家愿意跟我门  ②would rather与than连用构would rather+省略to定式+than+省略to定式结构  :  Tom would rather read than talk.=Tom prefers reading to talking.  汤姆喜读书胜与交谈  ③would rather带句句谓语词用虚拟语气即用式表示现或意义用完式表示意义  :  I’d rather she had repaired her car last night.=I wish she had repaired her car last night.  愿昨晚车修  ④般说would rather跟词原形表达意思偏宁愿其跟词hopethinklikeenjoyhave等would rather则含非意思请比较:  I’d rather like reading.我喜欢读书  I’m not surebut I’d rather think so.我没十握认能
其他类似问题
按默认排序
其他1条回答
rather...than 与其说...倒说...&意思 举几例 1She is charming rather than beautiful. 与其说美倒说迷 2These are political rather than social matters. 政治问题社问题 3It is a telex rather than a letter. 与其说封信说封电传 more…than…表示与其说…, 倒说… :He is more diligent than wise. 与其说聪明倒说勤奋would rather ...than宁愿用比较例I'd rather die than live without you.用词原形 would... rather than我做做I would go there rather than stay at home.
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁已有天涯账号?
这里是所提的问题,您需要登录才能参与回答。
"天涯问答"是天涯社区旗下的问题分享平台。在这里您可以提问,回答感兴趣的问题,分享知识和经历,无论您在何时何地上线都可以访问,此平台完全免费,而且注册非常简单。
求prefer to do sth.和rather than doing sth.的用法介绍。
求prefer to do sth.和rather than doing sth.的用法介绍。
09-02-28 & 发布
prefer  后面要接 to do  表示喜欢   动词后面加不定式  很正常rather than  后面要加do  省略 to这就是个固定句型  需要背下来哦  意思是喜欢做某事 而不喜欢做另一件事 比如  i prefer to read books rather than swim.  意思是 喜欢读书 不喜欢游泳 在介绍兴趣爱好的场合可以用
请登录后再发表评论!
prefer 后面要接 to do 表示喜欢 动词后面加不定式 很正常 rather than 后面要加do 省略 to 这就是个固定句型 需要背下来哦 意思是喜欢做某事 而不喜欢做另一件事 比如 I prefer to read books rather than swim. 意思是我喜欢读书 不喜欢游泳 在介绍兴趣爱好的场合可以用
请登录后再发表评论!这个单词你近期已经查过5次了,小D建议你将它收录到单词本。
单词选择:
, , , to some (great or small) extentit was rather coldthe party was rather nicethe knife is rather dullI rather regret that I cannot attendHe's rather good at playing the cellohe is kind of shy
, , , clean it well, preferably with warm waterI'd rather be in PhiladelphiaI'd sooner die than give up
, , to a degree (not used with a negative)quite tastyquite soonquite illquite rich
, , , any of several fat-soluble vitamins essenti prevents night blindness or inflammation or dryness of the eyes
, (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with thymine in DNA and with uracil in RNA
, the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d'Unitesa typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps
, , the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet
, the blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen
, , , 动词解释:add salt tosprinkle as if with saltthe rebels had salted the fields with mines and trapsShe salts her lectures with jokespreserve with saltpeople used to salt meats on ships名词解释:a compound formed by replacing hydrogen in an acid by a metal (or a radical that acts like a metal)white crystalline form of especially sodium chloride used to season and preserve food
, the taste experience when common salt is taken into the mouth
时 态:,,名 词:同:
, , , provide with waterWe watered the buffaloMy mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinnerHis eyes wateredfill with tearsHis eyes were watering名词解释:binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorl freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 widely used as a solvent
, the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean)they invaded our territorial watersthey were sitting by the water's edge
, the town debated the purification of the water supplyfirst you have to cut off the water
, , once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)liquid excretory productthere was blood in his urinethe child had to make water
, , , , , a fluid necessary for the life of most animals and plantshe asked for a drink of water x
, , , having the indivisible character of a unita unitary actionspoke with one voice
, two animals of one speciesused informally as an intensifierthat is one fine dogindefinite in time or positionhe will come one dayone place or anotherbeing a single entity made by combining separate componentsthree chemicals combining into one solutioneminent beyond or above comparisonmatchless beautythe team's nonpareil center fieldershe's one girl in a millionthe one and only Muhammad Alia peerless scholarinfamy unmatched in the Western worldwrote with unmatchable clarity
, , , , , , , , 名词解释:the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this numberhe has the one but will need a two and three to go with itthey had lunch at one
, , , , , a single person or thinghe is the best onethis is the one I ordered x
时 态:,,形容词:同:
, , , 反:
, , , chop,cut,hackfashioned or shaped by cuttinga well-cut suitcut diamondscut velvet
, his neatly trimmed hair
, (used of grass or vegetation) cut down with a hand implement or machinethe smell of newly mown hay
, (of pages of a book) having the folds of the leaves trimmed or slitthe cut pages of the book
with parts removedthe drastically cut film
, (of a male animal) having the testicles removeda cut horse
, , wounded by cutting deeplygot a gashed arm in a knife fighthad a slashed cheek from the broken glass
, , (used of rates or prices) reduced usually sharplythe slashed prices attracted buyers
, mixed with watersold cut whiskeya cup of thinned soup
, , 动词解释:separate with or as if with an instrumentCut the rope make a reduction inreduce your daily fat intakeThe employer wants to cut back health benefits
, , , , , , , The car cut to the left at the intersectionThe motorbike veered to the right
, , , , , , , make an incision or separationcut along the dotted linedischarge from a groupThe coach cut two players from the teamform by probing, penetrating, or diggingcut a holecut trenchesThe sweat cut little rivulets into her facestyle and tailor in a certain fashioncut a dress
, hit (a ball) with a spin so that it turns in the opposite directioncut a Ping-Pong ballmake out and issuewrite out a checkcut a ticketPlease make the check out to me
, , , cut and assemble the components ofedit filmcut recording tape
, , intentionally fail to attendcut class
, be able to manage or manage successfullyI can't hack it anymoreshe could not cut the long days in the office
, give the appearance or impression ofcut a nice figuremove (one's fist)his opponent cut upward toward his chinpass directly and often in hasteWe cut through the neighbor's yard to get home soonerpass through or acrossThe boat cut the watermake an abrupt change of image or soundcut from one scene to anotherstop filmingcut a movie scenemake a recording ofcut the songsShe cut all of her major titles againrecord a performance on (a medium)cut a recordcreate by duplicating datacut a diskburn a CD
, form or shape by cutting or incisingcut paper dollsperform or carry outcut a caperfunction as a cutting instrumentThis knife cuts wellallow incision or separationThis bread cuts easilydivide a deck of cards at random into two parts to make selection difficultWayne cutShe cut the deck for a long timecause to stop operating by disengaging a switchTurn off the stereo, pleasecut the engineturn out the lights
, reap or harvestcut grain hewThe Vietnamese cut a lot of timber while they occupied Cambodiapenetrate injuriouslyThe glass from the shattered windshield cut into her foreheadrefuse to acknowledgeShe cut him dead at the meeting
, , , shorten as if by severing the edges or ends ofcut my hairweed out unwanted or unnecessary thingsWe had to lose weight, so we cut the sugar from our diet
, , , dissolve by breaking down the fat ofsoap cuts greasehave a reducing effectThis cuts into my earningscease, stopcut the noiseWe had to cut short the conversation
, reduce in scope while retaining essential elementsThe manuscript must be shortened
, , , , , ,
, , , , , , , , lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixturecut bourbon
, , , , have grow through the gumsThe baby cut a toothgrow through the gumsThe new tooth is cuttingcut off the testicles (of male animals such as horses)the vet gelded the young horse
, 名词解释:the act of reducing the amount or numberthe mayor proposed extensive cuts in the city budgeta wound made by cuttinghe put a bandage over the cut
, a distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact dische played the first cut on the cdthe title track of the album
, the act of penetrating or opening open with a sharp edgehis cut in the lining revealed the hidden jewels
, a share of the profitseveryone got a cut of the earningsa step on some scalehe is a cut above the resta trench resembling a furrow that was made by erosion or excavation
, (film) an immediate transition from one shot to the nextthe cut from the accident scene to the hospital seemed too abruptthe act of cutting something into partshis cuts were skillfulhis cutting of the cake made a terrible mess
, the omission that is made when an editorial change shortens a written passagean editor's deletions frequently upset young authorsboth parties agreed on the excision of the proposed clause
, , the style in which a garment is cuta dress of traditional cutthe act of shortening something by choping off the endsthe barber gave him a good cut
a batter's attempt to hit a pitched ballhe took a vicious cut at the ball
, , a remark capable of wounding mentallythe unkindest cut of all
, a canal made by erosion or excavationa refusal to recognize someone you knowthe snub was clearly intentional
, , (sports) a stroke that puts reverse spin on the ballcuts do not bother a good tennis player
, the division of a deck of cards before dealinghe insisted that we give him the last cut before every dealthe cutting of the cards soon became a ritual
, an unexcused absence from classhe was punished for taking too many cuts in his math class x
时 态:,,同:
, , , away from a more central or a more northerly placewas sent down to work at the regional officeworked down on the farmcame down for the weddingflew down to Florida
put ten dollars down on the necklacefrom an earlier timethe story was passed down from father to sonto a lower intensityhe slowly phased down the light until the stage was completely black
in an inactive or inoperative statethe factory went down during the strikethe computer went down again形容词解释:being or moving lower in position or less in some valuelay face downthe moon is downour team is down by a rundown by a pawnthe stock market is down today
becoming progressively lowerthe down trend in the real estate markethad his algebra problems down
, , extending or moving from a higher to a lower placethe down staircasethe downward course of the stream
, being put out by a strikeouttwo down in the bottom of the ninthlower than previouslythe market is depressedprices are down
, shutthe shades were downnot functioning (temporarily or permanently)we can't work because the computer is downlow in spiritslonely and blue in a strange citydepressed by the loss of his joba dispirited and resigned expression on her facedowncast after his defeatfeeling discouraged and downhearted
, , , , , , , , 动词解释:drink down entirelyHe downed three martinis before dinnerShe killed a bottle of brandy that nightThey popped a few beer after work
, , , , , , , eat immoderatelySome people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal
, , , shoot at and force to come downthe enemy landed several of our aircraft
, , cause to come or go downThe policeman downed the heavily armed suspectThe mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet
, , , , improve or perfect by pruning or polishingrefine one's style of writing
, , , 名词解释:soft fine feathers
, (American football) a complete play to advance the footballyou have four downs to gain ten yards
, (usually plural) a rolling treeless highland with little soilfine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs)
时 态:,,形容词:同:
, 动词解释:become destroyed by water, air, or an etching chemical such as an acidThe metal corrodedThe pipes rusted
, cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acidThe acid corroded the metalThe steady dripping of water rusted the metal stopper in the sink
, , 名词解释:a red or brown oxide coating on iron or steel caused by the action of oxygen and moisturea reddish-brown discoloration of leaves and stems caused by a rust fungus
, any of various fungi causing rust disease in plants
好文推荐:would rather 、prefer to的用法_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
would rather 、prefer to的用法|
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢prefer和would&rather的用法区别
prefer和would rather的用法区别
一、prefer to do sth= would rather do sth更喜欢做某事,宁愿做某事。
  例如: I’d like to stay at home , but Max prefers toplay(play)
football on Sundays.
  = I’d like to stay at home , but Max would ratherplay(play)
football on Sundays.
  注意点:1. prefer to do sth 不仅有人称变换,第三人称形式是prefers to do sth ,
而且还有时态变化, 过去时态为preferred to do sth。
  2. would rather既无人称变化,也无时态变化。
  二、prefer to do sth rather than do sth=prefer doing sth
to(doing) sth =would rather do sth than do sth 即prefer A to B,
“比起B来更喜欢A”,其中to是介词。
  例如:All students prefer to take the bus rather than walk.
  = All students prefer taking the bus to walking.
  =All students would rather take the bus than walk.
  【考点回放】
  1. Not all the tourists from Japan
  _______ Western food to Chinese food. (2007年无锡市)
  A. likeB. prefer
  C. enjoyD. love
  解析:这道题的考点是prefer A to B 的结构,其中A 和B可以是名词、代词,或是动名词,所以答案是B。
  2. I prefer skiing to _______. The snow makes me excited.
  (2007年淮安市)
  A. cycles
  B. cycling
  C. cycled
  解析:这道题的考点也是prefer A toB , 其中A 是动名词,to 是介词, 所以答案是B。
  3. Some of my classmates _______ cartoons _______
documentaries.
  (2007年连云港市)
  A. prefer ... to
  B. would rather ... than
  C. like ... better
  D. like ... less
  解析: 因为B选项would rather ...than ... 结构中,接的是动词原形,
而cartoons,documentaries 是名词,所以排除B; C 和D选项是比较级, 缺少介词than,所以答案是A。
  4. She prefers to eat outside rather than at home.
  (2007年甘肃省六市)
  A. cookB. cooking
  C. to cookD. cooks
  解析: 这道题的考点是prefer to do sth rather than do sth的结构,
同学们不难发现,不管是prefer to do sth rather than do sth 还是would rather do
sth than do sth,than 后面都是动词原形, 所以答案是A。
  【实战演习】
  选用prefer或would rather来完成句子。
1. Most Grade 7 students
  skating to bowling. However,Grade 15 students_______ go
bowling than skating.
  2. Around 80% of the girls _______ go to the cinema than watch
  3. Lucy _______ red to blue when she was a little girl.
  4. On rainy days,Alice _______ to do some reading at home
rather than go out.
  5. Mary would rather _______ TV at home than out.
  A. to watch ;goB. watch ; to go
  C. watch ; go D. watching; going
  6. Lily prefers _______ a low score rather than _______ in the
  A. to get;cheat
  B. get;to cheat
  C. getting;cheating
  D. get; cheat
  7. 周末我宁愿看点书,也不愿上网聊天。
  I ______________ at weekends.
  Keys: 1. would rather2. would rather3. preferred4.
prefers 5. C 6. A
  7. would rather do some reading than chat online 或prefer to do
some reading rather than chat online
would prefer的用法
1、后接不定式时与rather than 或instead of连用,如:He preferred
to die rather than (to) steal. / He perferred to die instead of
stealing. 他宁死也不去偷窃。
2、注意介词搭配,如: I prefer swimming to skating. (I like
swimming better than skating.)我喜欢游泳胜过滑冰。prefer 因其本身含有比较之意,而不可再与more
或most连用。
3、prefer+名词或动名词“宁愿”,“更喜欢”。He comes from Shanghai,
so he prefers rice. 他是上海人,因此更喜欢吃米饭。I prefer going by bike.我宁愿骑单车去。I
prefer the white one.我喜欢那个白的。
4、prefer to do “愿意做”。I prefer to go at
once.我愿意马上就走。
5、prefer sb. to do “愿意某人做” I prefer you to go at
once.我倒希望你马上就走。
6、prefer to sth.“宁愿做...而不做...”. I prefer tea to
milk.我宁愿喝茶也不喝牛奶。I prefer watching TV to going out.
我宁愿看电视也不出去。
7、prefer to do sth. rather than do
sth.“宁愿做...而不做...” I prefer to watch TV rather than go
out.我宁愿呆在家里也不出去。
8、prefer+ that从句“宁愿”(从句一般用虚拟语气)I prefer that you
should do it.我宁愿你做这件事。
prefer最常见的意思是"宁可"、"宁愿(选择)"、"比较喜欢"、"更喜欢"等,
可以构成以下结构。
& 一. prefer sth.
& "Do you like French?""Yes, but I
prefer English.""你喜欢法语吗?""喜欢,但是我更喜欢英语。"
& "Which do you prefer, rice or
bread?""Either will do.""你比较喜欢吃什么,米饭还是面包?""随便哪一个都行."
& 注:prefer是"比较喜欢,更喜欢"的意思,即like
better,因此就不能再与better, more等比较级词语连用。
& 二.prefer over sth.
& I prefer over this newly-built
lab, and you? 我比较喜欢这个新建的实验室,你呢?
& They prefer over new works that
sing of their life today. 他们更喜欢歌颂他们今天生活的新作品。
& 三. prefer sth. above all
& I prefer the book above all
others. 我最喜欢这本书。
& The middle-aged man
& prefers swimming above all
others. 这位中年人最喜欢游泳。
& 四. prefer A to B
& I prefer the original book to
the revised edition. 我觉得原书比修订本好。
& Those Red Army men preferred
death to surrender in their struggle with the enemy.
在对敌斗争中,那些红军战士宁死不屈。
& 五. prefer doing A to doing B
& Even on holidays Mr. Wang
preferred reading to doing nothing. 即使在假日,王先生宁愿读书而不愿闲着。
注:在这种结构中,to为介词,而不是不定式符号,故其后应当接动名词形式,决不能接动词原形。另外,为了保持前后对应关系,prefer后面也应当接动名词形式。
& 六. prefer to do sth.
& They prefer to spend the rest of
the morning wandering in the streets. 他们比较喜欢把早上剩下的时间都用来在街上闲逛。
& 七. prefer doing sth.
& So you prefer speaking without
referring to your notes? 这么说,你更喜欢不看稿子做报告了?
& Mr. Brown preferred spending his
spare time doing some reading. 布朗先生比较喜欢把业余时间用来读点书。
这种prefer后面接动名词的结构,用来谈论一般情况下"更喜欢某种活动",而在一个特定场合下表示"特别喜欢"时,得用上述prefer后接动词不定式结构。
& 八. prefer to do sth. rather than
& These workers prefered to work
extra hours at night rather than leave the work until the next
week. 这些工人宁愿加班干,也不愿把工作留到下一个星期。
& 注:这种结构中的rather
than可以置于句首。例如:
& Rather than go on holiday to the
seaside I prefer to work days and go to school nights.
我宁愿白天工作,晚上上学,而不愿到海边度假。
注:有时rather可以移至第一个不定式之前,而让than留在第二个不定式之前,即为prefer
rather...than结构.这种用法多见于书面语言,在口语中很少用.例如:
& She prefers rather to sew than
to knit. 她喜欢缝纫而不爱编织。
& 九. prefer to do sth. rather than
doing sth.
& They prefer to join in the
celebrations rather than going on a visit to the Palace Museum.
他们宁愿参加庆祝活动而不愿参观故宫。
& 注:有时名词也可用于rather
than之后,这种用法多用以表示在某种具体场合的选择。例如:
& "What shall we have for lunch,
rice or buns?""I prefer rice rather than
buns.""我们午饭吃什么,米饭还是圆面包?""我宁可吃米饭而不想吃圆面包。"
这句话表示:在这种具体的场合"我宁可吃米饭。"实际可视为在prefer 和rather than之后均省略了to have.
注:有时该结构前后两个不定式意思相同,仅各自带有不同的修饰附加成分,那么第二个不定式可予以省略,只保留不同的修饰附加成分而置于rather
than之后。例如:
& Mr. Smith preferred to meet us
downstairs rather than upstairs. 史密斯先生宁愿在楼下而不愿在楼上会见我们。
& 十. prefer sb. to do sth.
& I prefer you to spare some time
to come to our art exhibition next week. 我宁愿你们下星期抽出点时间来看看我们的美展。
prefer+that-clause.在that宾语从句中,我们应当用虚拟语气"should+动词原形",其中的should可以省略。
& We prefer that each new student
take a science course. 我们希望每位新生修一门理科课程.
& 十二. prefer sth. (or
& I prefer the door open.
我宁愿门开着。
& I prefer my coffee black.
我爱喝不加奶的咖啡。
would rather的用法
一、would rather意思是“宁愿、宁可、更、最好、还是为好”,后接动词原形,常省略为’d
rather,表示优先选择的一种方式
其否定形式是would rather not do sth。would rather没有人称和数的变化,所有的人称一律用would
“would rather+动词原形”是英语中常见的一个惯用句式,美国英语中多用had rather。would
(had)在此决无“过去”之意,它是一个情态助动词,且无词性、时态变化。
例 Mr Li would rather not listen to rock music. 李先生不愿意听摇滚音乐。
If you’d rather be alone, we’ll all leave here.
如果你宁愿独自呆着,那我们都离开这儿。
He’d rather work in the countryside.
她宁可到农村去工作。&&&&
You would rather stay at home and do some reading this evening.
今晚你最好呆在家中读点书。
二、如果在两者中进行取舍,表示“宁愿……而不愿……,与其……宁可……”的意思时,则可用would
rather…than…或would…rather than…的句型
例 I would rather watch TV at home than go to the cinema.
我宁可在家看电视而不愿去看电影。
The children would walk there rather than take a bus.
孩子们宁愿步行去那里而不愿乘公共汽车。
请注意 1) would rather…than…/would…rather than…也可以颠倒为:rather
than…would…。Would(rather)和than后都接不带to的动词不定式,若选用的动词相同,那么than
后的动词可以省略。
例 I would rather have noodles than rice. 我宁愿吃面条也不吃米饭。
He would rather drink wine than beer. 他喜欢喝红葡萄酒而不喜欢喝啤酒。
Rather than work in such bad condition, he would give up.
与其在这样差的条件下工作,他宁愿放弃。
2)使用would rather…than…句型时要注意“平行结构”,即在than
的前后要用两个同类的词或词组,如两个名词、两个不定式、两个介词短语等。
例 I would rather go to work by bike than by bus.
我宁愿骑自行车也不愿乘公共汽车去上班。
I would rather talk with his mother than with his father.
我宁愿和他妈说话而不愿和他爸说话。
三、在疑问句式中,would rather 与would rather…than…中的would要放在主语之前
例 Would you rather stay here or go home? 你愿意呆在这里,还是回家?
Which would you rather have, apples or bananas? 你喜欢吃苹果还是香蕉?
Would you rather read a novel than read a poem?你宁愿看小说而不愿朗读诗歌吗?
四、would rather+从句,是一个常用的虚拟语气句型& Would
rather+从句,谓语一般用过去时来表示现在或将来。其意为“宁愿……,还是……
好些”“一个人宁愿另一个人做某事”。引导从句的that常省略。在谈到过去的动作时,谓语则用过去完成时。
例 John wants to see me today. I would rather he came to tomorrow
than today. 约翰今天想去看我。我宁愿他明天来看我而不是今天。(句中came不是表示过去而是表示将来)
We’d rather he paid us the money tomorrow. 我们宁愿他明天付给我们那笔钱。
Don’t come tomorrow. I’d rather you came next weekend.
明天别来。我希望你下周末来。
请注意 1) 如果谈到过去的动作,也就是表示过去已经发生的事情在选择上不恰当。此时,主句一般为I had rather
,其(that)从句则用过去完成时。 例 Would rather you had not done that.
我真希望你没有做那件事。
2)如果只涉及主语本人而不涉及另一个人,则would rather之后不接that从句而接have done结构。
例 I would rather have gone to the theatre than stayed home night.
我真希望昨天晚上去看了戏而不是呆在家里。 He would rather be poor than have got money by
dishonest methods. 他宁可穷也不愿意用不诚实的手段获取金钱。
Henry would rather that his girlfriend worked in the same
department as he does.亨利希望他的女朋友和他在一个部门工作。
五、would rather/sooner和prefer/would prefer的区别&
would rather和would sooner之间一般没有区别,但经常接触到的是would rather。
例Tom would rather/sooner read than talk. 汤姆宁可读书而不愿谈天。 Tom prefers
reading to talking.汤姆喜欢读书而不喜欢谈天。
请注意 1)would rather后跟不带to的不定式+than+不带
to的不定式,而prefer后跟动名词+to+动名词。有时prefer后面也可跟名词,而在would
rather之后要求只带动词原形。
例 He prefers wine to beer.= He would rather drink wine than beer.
他喜欢喝红葡萄酒而不喜欢喝啤酒。
I prefer tennis to golf.= I’d rather play tennis than golf.
我喜欢打网球而不喜欢打高尔夫球。 2)某些 prefer+名词的情况不能用 would rather完全确切地表达出来:He
prefers dogs to cats.(他喜欢狗而不喜欢猫。)和 He would rather have dogs than
cats.(他宁可养狗而不愿养猫。)很明显,这两句的意思并不完全相同。
3) would rather+不带to的不定式有时可代替 would prefer+带 to的不定式。
例 I’d rather fly than go by sea.=I’d prefer to fly.
我宁愿乘飞机也不愿乘船。
这两个结构后面带名词时情况也一样:
例 —Would you like some gin?
—I’d prefer a coffee.=I’d rather have coffee than gin.
—您想喝点杜松子酒吗?
—我想喝点咖啡。/我想喝点咖啡,不想喝杜松子酒。
4)would rather/sooner和would prefer后面都可跟完成式,但后者带to。
例 We went by sea but I’d rather have gone by air=I’d prefer to have
gone by air. 我们是乘船去的,可我本想乘飞机去。(我愿意乘飞机去,可我的愿望未能实现。)这和 would
like+不定式的完成式有点相似,would like+带to 的不定式的完成式也表示未能实现的愿望。
已投稿到:
以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

我要回帖

更多关于 would you rather 的文章

随机推荐