the(录音机)( )is hisnorman cousinss

Amazon CAPTCHA
请输入您在这个图片中看到的字符:
& , , Inc. or its affiliatesFormer Kirk Cousins backer Joe Theismann says RGIII ‘IS the franchise quarterback’
Resize Text
(By John McDonnell / The Washington Post)
After Kirk Cousins turned the ball over twice more and was benched in favor of Colt McCoy last Sunday, quite a few people had this reaction: Haha, Joe Theismann, haha. Theismann, you’ll recall, was at the center of one of the biggest stories of the preseason, when he said that Cousins had been outplaying Robert Griffin III. “It’s going to be a decision that Jay Gruden is going to have to make,” . “Right now, Robert Griffin III is his quarterback. Now, if there was a quarterback competition, it wouldn’t be a competition. Kirk Cousins would be the man I believe he would have to go to.” Theismann, of course, noted that there wasn’t a competition. Still, his remarks caused plenty of headlines, and he wasn’t the only one causing those headlines. ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss said Patriots sources . Blogs and debate shows . “If you closed your eyes and you didn’t know who was wearing those numbers, Kirk Cousins is playing quarterback more efficiently than Robert Griffin is,” . And with the turnover-happy Cousins now benched, the angry mob wanted a Theismann mea culpa. Theismann should have his ring taken away for his analysis on Cousins. — Benjamin (@TheRealBENJAMMN)
Kirk Cousins, who? Y’all thought this dude was going to take RGIII’s job? Punch yourself in the face, Joe Theismann. — Eric Peso (@djesh)
“Kirk Cousins has played much better at the quarterback position than Robert Griffin III” – Joe Theismann — Braylon (11, 189, 3) (@alexcook616)
Was Kirk Cousins benched for Colt McCoy this afternoon? The same QB Joe Theismann said is the best option for the Redskins. Where’s Joe? — Derrick Mullen (@Hoopsking1968)
Anyone asked joe theismann what he thinks about Kirk cousins lately? — Lite Tweets (@TMAJE93)
Can someone please ask Joe Theismann what happened to the great Washington QB Kirk Cousins, or is the next great QB Colt McCoy? — Rae Trim (@guy2436)
Anyone know how Joe Theismann feels about Kirk Cousins this week? Guess it’s a good thing he isn’t in charge of pro player personnel. — SportsHutch (@SportsHutch)
And so on. Well, the mob didn’t exactly get its mea culpa. But Theismann did revisit his remarks Tuesday morning, during an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Bob Papa and Amani Toomer. Theismann was asked, believe it or not, whether Colt McCoy has a chance to keep the starting role in Washington. “No, he won’t keep it,” Theismann said. “Robert Griffin III is the quarterback of the Washington Redskins going forward. “You know, when this whole brouhaha occurred in the beginning of the year when I said if you had to make a choice on a starter right now, Kirk would have the job — Robert is the starting quarterback. I said if there was a competition,” Theismann explained. “People forget that part of it. There is no competition in Washington, D.C. Robert Griffin III is the starting quarterback of the Washington Redskins. “Unfortunately, he got hurt, and has lost a lot of very valuable time,” Theismann went on. “Where is Robert going to be when he comes back? That’s the big question. But make no mistake about it, he is the franchise quarterback. You’ve just got to keep him healthy…. “You’re on your third quarterback through seven games of the season,” he said later. “It’s hard to find continuity and consistency. And I think with the Cowboys where they are with their record, with the Eagles where they are with their record, with the Redskins where they are with their record, you have to say ‘Ok we want to make sure that we can get our quarterback, Robert Griffin III, through the season, get him the great work he needs, work through the offseason and prepare ourselves to be able to compete going forward.’ ” And what of Cousins’s performance during his audition? Well, Theismann agrees with you: it was poor. “Kirk actually played himself out of a job,” Theismann said. “You play yourself into j you play yourself out of jobs as a quarterback. And the way you prove to coaches, the way you prove to teammates, the way you prove to fans that you can deliver is in the fourth quarter in crunch time. “I particularly think of the Arizona game, when the score was 23-20, and they had the ball with an opportunity to maybe move it down the field and take it to overtime,” Theismann went on. “When you throw seven interceptions in the fourth quarters of two football games, it’s hard to keep your job. And as I watch these games, I scratch my head a little bit. I look at some of the throws that Kirk has made and I’m thinking ‘Well who are you throwing it to?’…Kirk certainly mechanically fits the profile perfectly, but just wasn’t able to deliver.” And yet, for all the quarterback troubles, Theismann is a bit sunnier on the current team than most analysts. “This football team is not that far away,” he said. “I think their defense is playing well enough for them to [have a better record]. Their offense at the end of games has just sputtered, and in particular Kirk Cousins has not played well,and that’s why he’s going to be watching and Colt McCoy’s going to play. “But it’s really interesting when you look at it: Colt McCoy has been a starter in this league. Kirk Cousins really has never been a starter before this year. And you can see the difference, you can see the difference in the way somebody operates and somebody learning to operate. And going into Dallas, it’s the only decision that Jay had to make.” Dan Steinberg writes about all things D.C. sports at the D.C. Sports Bog.
SuperFan Badge SuperFan badge holders consistently post smart, timely comments about Washington area sports and teams.
Culture Connoisseur Badge Culture Connoisseurs consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on the arts, lifestyle and entertainment.
Fact Checker Badge Fact Checkers contribute questions, information and facts to .
Washingtologist Badge Washingtologists consistently post thought-provoking, timely comments on events, communities, and trends in the Washington area.
Post Writer Badge This commenter is a Washington Post editor, reporter or producer.
Post Forum Badge Post Forum members consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on politics, national and international affairs.
Weather Watcher Badge Weather Watchers consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on climates and forecasts.
World Watcher Badge World Watchers consistently offer thought-provoking, timely comments on international affairs.
Post Contributor Badge This commenter is a Washington Post contributor. Post contributors aren’t staff, but may write articles or columns. In some cases, contributors are sources or experts quoted in a story.
Post Recommended Washington Post reporters or editors recommend this comment or reader post.
You must be logged in to report a comment.
You must be logged in to recommend a comment.
To pause and restart automatic updates, click "Live" or "Paused". If paused, you'll be notified of the number of additional comments that have come in.
Spam Offensive Disagree Off-Topic
Our Online Games Play right from this page
Next StorySarah Larimer &
Every story. Every feature. Every insight. Yours for as low as JUST 99?!

我要回帖

更多关于 录音机软件下载 的文章

随机推荐