走出牛津第三版unit7 teenagers陈晶晶

 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
【精品】走出牛津第一册 unit 6 陈晶晶老师制作
下载积分:
内容提示:【精品文档】牛津英语8bunit4 牛津英语6b unit7 牛津英语5b unit6 牛津英语6b unit6 牛津英语5b unit7 牛津6b unit6 牛津5b unit7 牛津英语6bunit7 牛津英语4bunit6 牛津英语8b unit4
文档格式:PPT|
浏览次数:15|
上传日期: 09:36:55|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
官方公共微信
下载文档:【精品】走出牛津第一册 unit 6 陈晶晶老师制作.PPT普通高等教育“十一· 五”规划教材Beyond OxfordPractical college English Course学林出版社第一册 Table of Contents2FourFriendship and Love 友谊与爱情? Online Friendship网上交友? Love Stories爱情故事学林出版社Back Next Financial Matters 理财问题 Focus?S: Net chat language ?L: Chatting with a Net-pal3?L: A blind date?S: First Net experience ?R: A chat victim ?W: Writing a letter to an Internet addict 语音:连读BackNext学林出版社 1. Starter— Net chat language4Read the following Net chat with a partner. Can you make out the meanings of the underlined items?学林出版社BackNext 1. Starter— Net chat language a/s/lDLTM f TM NY U5— ______________ age/sex/location— ______________ Don’t Lie To Me — ______________ femaleTrust Me — ______________ New York — ______________ You — ______________ Your — ______________ are — ______________Back Nextur r学林出版社 1. Starter— Net chat language Notes1. make out理解,明白 e.g. It is difficult to make out his ideas. To the present day, I can’t make out why I did it. make out还可表“填写;声称;辨认出;开展,发展” 。 e.g. Be quiet, I’m trying to make out a shopping list. He made me out to be a liar.6The notice was badly printed and I could not make out thedate at the bottom.How’re you making out in your new job?Back Next学林出版社 1. Starter— Net chat language2. *underline vt.在……下面划线 e.g. All the technical words have been underlined in red. underline也可以表示“强调,突出”。7e.g. Management are underlining that no one will lose their job.40 for sure. 当然是40岁了。 for sure 当然;确定,肯定 e.g. They’ll be here within half an hour for sure.3.He won’ that’s for sure.Back Next学林出版社 1. Starter— Net chat language4. 语动词的句子。 a. 省去主谓的句子:Free for a chat?/Fine with me.8由于聊天室的特殊语境,常常使用缩略语或省去主语甚至谓b. 常见缩略语:ASAP=As Soon As P J/K=Just K Thnx=T Y/N=Yes/No;M2=MBTW=By The WayBack Next学林出版社 2. Chatting with a Net-pal9Jerry makes friends through chatting online. Tim has something to say about it. Listen to the tape or CD. Then decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F). ( F ) 1. Jerry seldom goes on the Internet and chats online. ( T ) 2. Jerry doesn’t think it matters if a man says he is a girl in a chat room. ( F ) 3. Jerry is worried about being lured into some kind oftrouble by his Net-pals.( F ) 4. Last week a boy was lured into danger by his Net-pal.Back Next学林出版社 2. Chatting with a Net-palTim: Jerry: Tim: Jerry, do you often go online? Sure! I can’t live without the Internet. And I make friends through chatting online. But it can be very dangerous at times.10Jerry:Why do you think so? I know there are quite a few cheatson the Internet. A man could talk to you as if he were a young girl. But who cares? It’s only a way to relax, so itdoesn’t really matter.Tim: Last week a teenager was lured into danger by her Netpal.Jerry:Tim: Jerry:But I would never be lured into any kind of trouble.Who can tell? Hey man, I’m an adult and I have an IQ of 160.Back Next学林出版社 2. Chatting with a Net-pal11Notes1. I can’t live without the Internet. 不上网我根本就活不下去。此处I can’t live without the Internet是一个双重否定句。句中“not”和“without”构成双重否定,句子的字面意思是“没有因特 网我就无法生活”,言下之意即“我必须要有因特网才能生活” 。 双重否定的使用能加强句子的肯定语气。 e.g. You can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs. Jim won’t do it for nothing.BackNext学林出版社 2. Chatting with a Net-pal2. But it can be very dangerous at times.有时候上网聊天会很危险。 at times 有时,间或 e.g. She calls on me at times. 相似的短语包括at a time,at no time,at other times和at the best of times: at a time 每次;同时,一下子 at no time 永不,在任何时候都不12at other times 平素,往常;在其它时候;在另外的场合at the best of times 在情况最好的时候BackNext学林出版社 2. Chatting with a Net-pal3. Why do you think so? I know there are quite a few cheats on the13Internet. 你为什么这么认为?我知道网络上有相当多的谎言。 quite a few 许多e.g. She has quite a few Internet friends.4. A man could talk to you as if he were a young girl.一个男人可以装作是一个年轻小姑娘那样跟你聊天。由as if 引导的状语从句使用了虚拟语气。从句的谓语动词用 “were”,表示与现在事实相反的假设。 e.g. Jim speaks English as fluently as if he had learned English in England.BackNext学林出版社 2. Chatting with a Net-pal5. But who cares? It’s only a way to relax, so it doesn’t reallymatter. 但是谁在意呢?这只是一种放松的方式,真的无关紧要。 who cares 有谁在乎呢14这是一种反问语气,实际意思就是“没人在乎,没人在意”。e.g. Mary may not pass the exam, but who cares?*relax v.(使)放松,(使)松弛 e.g. You shouldn’t work so hard — you should relax more.After work she relaxed herself with a cup of tea and thenewspaper.BackNext学林出版社 2. Chatting with a Net-palrelax的名词形式relaxation,意为“放松,休息;使人放松的活动”。 e.g. Music brings us mental and physical relaxation.15Yoga is one of my favorite relaxations.relax的形容词形式之一是relaxing,表示“令人放松的,使松弛的”,表 示事物的特征。e.g. I spent a relaxing holiday on the beach, reading and sunbathing.relax的另一个形容词形式relaxed的意思是“放松的,松弛的,轻松的” ,指人所处的状态。 e.g. I feel so relaxed when I’m by the sea. it doesn’t matter 没关系 e.g. It doesn’t matter if you turn left or right — both roads lead to the park. It doesn’t matter what you wear as long as you come.学林出版社BackNext 2. Chatting with a Net-pal6. Who can tell? 谁能说得清呢?16这是tell的延伸用法,类似的还有time will tell(时间能证明 一 切)。 e.g. Time will tell. You’ll see my love for you is eternal.BackNext学林出版社 3. A blind dateArthur is telling his friend, Chris, about his blind date.17Listen to the tape or CD and fill in the blanks.Chris: Arthur: Arthur, I heard you had met your female (1) Net-pal ______. Is that true? Yes. We e-mailed each other for a month and grewto like each other. Then we decided to meet (2)in a bookstore ______________. Chris: recognize How could you (3) __________ her?Arthur:She said she’d be wearing a blue shirt with a grayskirt and she had short red hair.Back Next学林出版社 3. A blind date18Chris: Arthur:So it was easy enough to find her? At the store I saw some girls wearing blue and gray. short red hair Then I saw a girl with (4) _______________ right infront of me. Our eyes met, and we knew! She’s (5)my classmate _______________. Chris: Arthur: awkward It must have been (6) ____________ for both of you. Yes. But after all, it ended well.BackNext学林出版社 3. A blind date Notes1. Arthur is telling his friend, Chris, about his blind date. 亚瑟正在跟朋友克里斯讲他的盲目约会经过。 *blind a. 盲目的;瞎的 blind作表语时,后可跟in、to等介词。 e.g. She had blind faith in his love for her. The accident had left him almost totally blind in the left eye. He seems to be blind to his own faults. blind当动词用时,意思是“使失明;使失去辨别力”。 e.g. She was blinded in an accident at an early age. He is blinded by eagerness for gain because of prior success. blind的名词形式为blindness。 e.g. Her blindness didn’t stop her from having a full and active life.19学林出版社BackNext 3. A blind date2. How could you recognize her? 你是怎么认出她的呢? *recognize vt. 认出,识别 e.g. I hadn’t seen her for 20 years, but I recognized her immediately. Doctors are trained to recognize the symptoms of different diseases. recognize还可表示“认可,承认”等含义。 e.g. You must recognize the seriousness of the problems we are facing. recognize的名词形式为recognition,意为“识别,认出,认识” 。 e.g. The quick recognition of disease is very important for effective treatment. recognize的形容词形式为recognizable,意为“可识别的,易被认 出的”。 e.g. Mary has very recognizable handwriting.20学林出版社BackNext 3. A blind date3. She said she’d be wearing a blue shirt with a gray skirt and she21had short red hair.她说她是红色短发,穿一件蓝衬衫和一条灰色的裙子。 此处“she’d be wearing…”是一个宾语从句,从句的时态是过去 将来进行时,表示就过去某一时间而言,将来某一时刻或某 一段时间内将要进行的动作。e.g. Jim asked me what I would be doing at six the next day.BackNext学林出版社 3. A blind date4. It must have been awkward for both of you. 你俩肯定都很尴尬。 ☆awkward a. 尴尬的;棘手的;笨拙的,粗笨的 e.g. Have I come at an awkward moment? So, what’s the solution to this awkward problem? He is ridiculously awkward in his movements.22BackNext学林出版社 3. A blind date5. But after all, it ended well. 但不管怎样,结局还是比较愉快的。23after all毕竟,终究e.g. So you see I was right after all! I know he hasn’t finished the work, but after all, he’s very busy. end well 结局不错,结局比较愉快e.g. The book begins with a sad story, but it ends well.BackNext学林出版社 4. First Net experience24 Recall the first time you entered a Net chat room. Talk to your partner in English about your first Net experience. You should keep the following questions in mind: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. When did you have your first online chat? Where did you have your first online chat? With whom did you talk? What questions were you asked? What topics did you talk about? How did you feel? What are the things you don’t like about online chat? What do you think a good netizen should be like?Click Here For Reference AnswerBackNext学林出版社 4. First Net experience25It was Saturday. I was in a computer room at my school.That night was my first time entering a chat room. I talked with people from different countries, such as Turkey, the US, the UK, Egypt, France, etc. I found that it’s interesting to talk with people from othercountries and learn something about a country you have neverheard of before. But I don’t like being asked “Where are you from?” or “How old are you?” I wish to talk about something useful and helpful. I also hope people don’t ask too personal questions and use polite words.Back Next学林出版社 Text Lead-inthey stand for.BBL BBS BFN CU26Read the list of chat room acronyms(首字母缩略词) and tell whatBe Back Later _____________________ Be Back Soon _____________________Bye For Now _____________________See You _____________________ Hurry Back _____________________HB IBSYL TTYL YVW YWI'm Back _____________________See You Later _____________________ Talk To You Later _____________________ You're Very Welcome _____________________ You're Welcome _____________________Back Next学林出版社 5. A Chat VictimThere is this guy chatting with a female online. Both are engineers and work Focus 1 5 for real big MNCs. Hero: Female: Hero: Female: Hero: Hey...GM...How’re u doing today?27GM...Day is going well and it’s got better having found u on chat. Wow...am honored, u know what, my day starts only when I find you on chat. Yep...me too, feel the same...Brb. I’ll get some coffee. OK.(一个家伙正跟一个女人在线聊天。两人都是工程师,都在真正的大型跨国公司 *honor vt. 尊敬,给……以荣誉 *hero n. 男主角 ☆victim n. 受害者;遇难者 *female I 女子,女性always seems to play the you of hero in me. e.g. 工作。)n.feel highly honored by the kind things part said about films. Harrison Ford e.g. Would you honormany loneoff its victims inaround that area after dark. The don’t seewill carry females walking a few days. chatting在本句中是现在分词作后置定语,相当于 e.g. You disease me by dining me tonight? 男主角:嘿??早上好??今天过得怎么样? hero还可表示“英雄;偶像”。 withBrb. 马上回来。 Four people were the country’s workforce. honor作名词用时表示“名誉,尊敬,荣幸”等含义。 Females represent 40% of killed in the explosion, but police have not e.g. GM = Goodof the greatest First World War heroes. He was one morning 女子:早上好??今天挺好的,在线上碰到你,今天就变得更好了。yet who is chatting。 e.g. named the victims.for things seenhonor, Be of They are fighting Humphrey Bogart’s my hero — I’ve like every one right and pride. female也可作形容词用,表示“女性的;雌的”。 his films. Brb = reputation back 男主角:哇??深感荣幸,你知道吗,只有跟你聊天时,我的一天才真正开始。 carried off the There is John talking a highest table e.g. heroine表示“女主角;女英雄”。 to,意为“成为……的牺牲品”。 e.g. HeDo you agree that notvictimaggressive is with hischaracteristic? victim的常用结构是:fall being tennis honors. female girlfriend. 女子:是的??我也有同感??马上回来。我去泡杯咖啡。 常见搭配:in honor of(为向…表示祝贺;为纪念…),on one’s honor (以某 hero的形容词形式为heroic,意为“英雄的,英勇的”。 female的反义词为male。 e.g. He fell 男主角:好。 victim to a wasting disease.人的名誉担保)famed for heroic deeds during the war. e.g. He wasTranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. A Chat Victim(Hero waits5 Focus 1 impatiently. Meanwhile, his manager comes to his work station.) Manager: Hey, I need some help from you. Hero: [This manager always comes at the wrong time.] Yeah, tell me.28Manager: Could you write a program for me which produces the nth prime number, given the value of N? Could you give me this by this evening? Hero: I could try, but I think it will be quite hard. Is it OK with you if I give it to you by tomorrow evening?Manager: Yeah, that would be fine. Thank you. (Leaves.)(男主角不耐烦地等待着。与此同时,他的经理来到他的座位旁。) *produce vt. 产生;生产 given在此处为过去分词,作状语,表示“如果给……”。 ☆prime This kind 同时;期间 a. 首要的,主要的;最好的 *meanwhile ad. of drug produces side effects in children. 经理:嘿,我需要你的帮助。 e.g. e.g. Given another chance, he is sure to succeed. 男主角:[经理总是在不该过来的时候过来。]您说吧。 produce还可表示“创作,制作;出示,提出”。 aim. e.g. Getting was cutting theteam becamemeanwhile Adam was planting roses. Eve on the Olympic grass, and her prime e.g. Given his support, I’m pocket andwin the election.architecture with new. He reached into a sure we’ll produced a packet of matches. 经理:你能帮我编个程序吗?假设值为N,给出第n个质数。你能在今晚之前给 I This town my prime example of combining old most of my classmates got pursued is a master’s degree. Meanwhile, into production produce的名词形式为production,如:go into/put…我吗? given还可以表示“考虑到,鉴于”等含义。 素数;prime minister首相,总理; 包含prime的常见词组:prime number 质数, 名词producer意为“(电影、电视)制片人,制作人;生产者”,如:a film married and had babies. 男主角:我会尽力的,但我觉得这会很难。明晚之前给您,行吗? prime time黄金时间 e.g. Given their inexperience, they’ve done a good job. producer 电影制片人;commodity 经理:那好吧。谢谢。(离开。)producer商品生产者。TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. A Chat VictimFemale: Hero: Hey, am back.29(Our Hero 5 Focus 1 sighs and stares at his monitor waiting impatiently for Female to arrive. All of a sudden a smile appears on his face. Over to chat window...) Cool. You know what my manager does? She’s kinda...keeps asking stupid things, tries to give me stupid work.Female :Hero:Yeah, it’s the same everywhere. Real sick ppl these managers are!!Yep, u rite!!(我们的男主角叹息着,眼睛盯着电脑显示屏,不耐烦地等着女子回来。突然 *monitor n. 显示屏,显示器;监视器,监控器 他的脸上露出了笑容,对着聊天窗口?? ) e.g. Does your monitor have a power indicator? yep是yes的变体,为非正式用法。 all ofThe room contained a lot of equipment, including several TV monitors. avi.= kind of 有一点,有一些 *stare sudden 突然间 kinda 凝视,注视 女子:嗨,我回来了。waiting impatiently for Female to arrive是现在分词短语 monitor当名词用还可表示“班长;监督员”。 might 男主角:太好了。你知道我的经理是个什么样的人吗?她有点儿??不断问愚 e.g.ppl = people sitting quietly 你准备好了吗? upset there is a loud They are e.g. really,非正式用语,主要在北美地区使用。 real Don’t stare you ready? when all of a sudden them. = —Are 该词常用于口语。 作状语,表示伴随情况。 not to you to enter the area. e.g. waiting impatiently for were United Nations monitors allowed 蠢的事情,总是让我干愚蠢的活。 noise. I around the empty Female arrive是现在分词短语 cry for e.g. sorry hit room, wondering whether he should He stared was kinda Let’s to see him go.好了,我们上路吧。 —Yep. the monitor当动词用时表示“监视,密切注视”。 女子:是啊,哪儿都一样。这些经理真是让人恶心!! 作状语,表示伴随情况。 road. I did you realize be all e.g. The new findings suggest that to meet some help.Andkinda hoped we’dthisable women ought time this week. 男主角:你说的一点儿也没错!! of a sudden?to monitor their cholesterol ulevels. you are right rite =TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. A Chat VictimFocus Female: 1 5 Hey, can u do me a favor?30Hero:Female:[Smiles.] Sure, why not?Hey, I want you to write me a program to print the nth prime number, given the value of N. Would you give that to me by tomorrow evening? Plz. You know it’s real urgent for me to work this out.*favor n. 帮助,恩惠 *urgent a.解决;算出,得出(答案) work out 紧迫的,迫切的 but I told her I’ll be away all this month. e.g. She rang up to ask me a favor, e.g. It is most urgent minutespatient shouldsb. 帮某人忙,给某人做事 the to e.g. I’ll give you fivethatfavor/do work out the answer to this problem. 女子:嗨,你能帮我个忙吗? a favor for go to hospital. favor的常见结构:do sb. a The you work= turn thatthey off! e.g. Do m muchshould all be present. Can a favor and Please radio it costs 男主角:[微笑。]那当然,没问题! to feed an average family? Plz out how I’ll never forget the favors you have done me. urgent后跟从句时,此从句为主语从句,it为形式主语,从句中要用虚 work out还可表示“制定;弄明白;成功”等含义。 女子:嗨,我要你帮我编个程序。假设值为N,给出第n个质数。你 favor构成的其他短语:ask sb. a favor 请某人帮个忙;extend a 拟语气(should do),should也可省略。 e.g. The engineers worked out a system for getting electricity special favor to to the 能在明晚之前给我吗?求你了,你知道我真的急需把它编出来。 给……特别优待;find favor in sb.’s eyes 受到某人青睐;gain sb.’s favor 赢得某 urgent另一个常用结构是:be 给某人帮忙 factory. 人的欢心;perform a favor for sb. urgent for sth./sb. to do sth. 急切的催促某 I can’t 物/某人。 work out the meaning of this poem. favor当动词用时表示“喜爱,偏爱;赞成”等含义。 e.g. Helena was urgent didn’t work her eldest son. The mother certainly favored out. e.g. The marriage just for the doctor to come.TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. A Chat Victim31Focus Hero: 1 5 Hey, that’s one hour’s work. Sure, check Ur mail an hour from now. OK?Female: THIS IS WHAT I ASKED U WHEN I CAME TO YOUR WORKPLACE. NOW YOU KNOW WHO I AM!! AND ONE MORE POINT... YOUR 1 HOUR STARTS NOW!!此处what I asked u跟在is后面,是一个表语从句。 男主角:嘿,一小时就能搞定啦。从现在开始一小时后查一下你的邮 e.g. The 件,好吗?question is what we are going to do next. 此外,what也可以引导宾语从句。 女子:这是我刚才去你工作室要你干的活!现在你知道我是谁了吧! e.g. I don’t understand what you said. !还有??你的一小时工作时间从现在开始计算!! 经理把工作安排给Hero时,Hero懒懒地答应,迟迟不想行动。可 是当Female在网上向他求助时,他很爽快就答应了。结果却发现 Female就是经理本人,真是令人大跌眼镜。TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. A Chat VictimA. Answer the following questions. 1. What does Hero like to do? Hero likes to chat online with Female. 2. Where does Female actually go when she says she’s going to get some coffee?32She actually goes to Hero’s work station. 3. What does the manager ask Hero to do?The manager asks him to write a program whichproduces the nth prime number, given the value of N.Back Next学林出版社 5. A Chat Victim4. Does Hero like his manager? How do you know? No, he doesn’t like his manager. He thinks she always comes at the wrong time and we can also see this33from his chat with Female.5. How does Hero react to Female’s request?He says yes to Female’s request willingly and is ready to finish it in an hour.6. Who is Female actually? Female is actually Hero’s manager.Back Next学林出版社 5. A Chat VictimB. Match the words or phrases with similar meanings.34( b ) 1. in the meantimea. urgent( a ) 2. pressing( e ) 3. anxiouslyb. meanwhilec. prime( d ) 4. suddenly, unexpectedly( c ) 5. of the best qualityd. all of a suddene. impatientlyBackNext学林出版社 6. Writing a letter to an Internet addict35Focus 1 got addicted to online chatting. Put the sentences in the Jack has 6box in the correct order to complete a letter to him, giving someadvice on how to make good use of the Internet.1. You should not spend too much time chatting online but should work harder at your studies. 2. It has made some students neglect their studies. 3. It may change your life for the worse. 4. The Internet does offer students a good way to study and exchange views. 5. Don’t get addicted to the Internet. 6. It’s also an easy way to make new friends. 7. The Internet may provide much timely information.Click Here For Reference AnswerBackNext学林出版社 6. Writing a letter to an Internet addictDear Jack,36How are things going these days? I heard that you havegot addicted to online chatting. As one of your good friends, I’d like to give you some advice. 7 4 Every coin has two sides. ______. Besides, ______.6 2 _______. But on the other hand, _______. So here is my 1 3 5 advice: _______. To put it another way, _______, or _______.Looking forward to your reply. Yours, Mary学林出版社BackNext 6. Writing a letter to an Internet addict Notes1. It has made some students neglect their studies. 网络使得有些学生忽略了学习。37*neglect vt. 忽视;疏忽e.g. Don’t neglect to pay him a visit now and then. Don’t neglect to lock the door when you leave. neglect也可用作名词。 e.g. You cannot deny the total neglect of the house.neglect的形容词形式为neglectful,意思是“忽视的,不注意的”。e.g. His anger did not make him neglectful of his promise.Back Next学林出版社 6. Writing a letter to an Internet addict382. It may change your life for the worse. 它可能会使你的生活出现问题。 change (sth.) for the worse/better(使??)变得更差/好 e.g. The government should take measures, or the investmentenvironment will change for the worse in the near future.Let’s work hard to change our life for the better.学林出版社BackNext 6. Writing a letter to an Internet addict3. The Internet does offer students a good way to study andexchange views. 网络确实是学生学习和交流思想的一种好途径。39*exchange v. 更换,交换e.g. Every month the group meets, so its members can exchange their opinions. Exchanging houses for a few weeks is a good way of having a holiday.exchange还可用作名词。e.g. She proposes an exchange of contracts at two o’clock.BackNext学林出版社 7. Read me!Focus 1 7 Pronunciation.40Listenandrepeat,payingattention to the marked parts./??/has openedwas openedcomes againplaces of interest/??/twice a dayonce a monthBackNext学林出版社 Love Stories 爱情故事41Focus?S: Romance quotes ? L: Few men are so caring ? L: I kind of want a break ?S: True love has no remorse ?R: Love is just a thread?W: Completing a love story? R: A letter to a dream loverGrammar Exercises 一致关系Back Next学林出版社 1. Starter — Romance quotesall these quotes. Then put them into Chinese.42Read the following romance quotes. Say if you agree withClick Here For Reference AnswerBackNext学林出版社 1. Starter — Romance quotes1. Love makes time pass. Time makes love pass. 爱情让人忘却时间,时间让人忘却爱情。 2. Love is being stupid together. 爱情就是两个人在一起犯傻。433. True love stories have no endings. 真爱到永远。4. Love is blind. 爱情是盲目的。 5. True love shows itself in time of need. 患难见真情。 6. Come live in my heart and pay no rent. 真爱铭心,情义无价。7. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 情人眼里出西施。Back Next学林出版社 1. Starter — Romance quotes44NoteBeauty is in the eye of the beholder. 情人眼里出西施。in the eye of 在??心目中,在??看来 e.g. In the eye of her husband, she is nothing but a slave. Although I’m forty, in the eye of my parents, I’m still a young person.BackNext学林出版社 2. Few men are so caringFiona is full of praise for Jane’s boyfriend, John. Listen to the tape or CD and fill in the blanks. Fiona: Jane: Fiona: Jane: falling in love with Jane, I heard you’re (1) ________________ John? to death Yes. To be frank, I love him (2) __________. You’re so lucky! Maybe love is being stupid together.45BackNext学林出版社 2. Few men are so caring46Fiona:Why? Are you kidding? A man like him is hard (3)to find __________. Few men are so caring, so patient… very popular And, did I mention it? He’s (4) _____________.Jane: Fiona:You really think so? the bottom Totally! I’m saying it from (5) __________ of myheart! And it’s clear that he’s head over heels in loveno endings with you. True love stories have (6) __________. Jane:sure I (7) _______ hope so!Back Next学林出版社 2. Few men are so caring Notes1. To be frank, I love him to death. 老实说,我都要爱死他了。 *frank a. 真诚的,直率的 e.g. I was brought up to be frank and speak my mind. She was frank with us about everything.47frank的名词形式为frankness。e.g. His manner showed his frankness. to be frank老实说,坦诚地说该短语用于口语表达,常用在说话人表达自己观点的时候。e.g. To be frank, Jerry, you’re just not up to the job. To be frank, I don’t like this film.学林出版社BackNext 2. Few men are so caring2. Few men are so caring, so patient… 没几个男人像他这么体贴、这么耐心??48*caring a. 关心他人的,体贴的e.g. I’ve always thought of Mary as a very caring person.*patient a. 耐心的e.g.She is a very good teacher and is always patient with her students.学林出版社BackNext 2. Few men are so caring3. I’m saying it from the bottom of my heart. 我这样说是发自内心的。 from the bottom of one’s heart 发自某人的内心 e.g. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.49A mother loves her baby from the bottom of her heart.4. And it’s clear that he’s head over heels in love with you.而且显然他也完全爱你。head over heels 完全地,彻头彻尾地 e.g. We met in Paris, and fell head over heels in love.Back Next学林出版社 3. I kind of want a breakCathy, to the party tonight.50 Mike is explaining to John why he can’t bring his girlfriend,Listen to the tape or CD and answer the following questions. Language for describing a person He is caring/positive/patient/considerate/diligent...LearningShe has brown/dark/curly hair.She has a slim/beautiful/graceful/good figure. He is good at singing/dancing/playing the piano…BackNext学林出版社 3. I kind of want a break1. Why won’t Mike bring his girlfriend to the party? Because he wants to break up with her. Because he wants to break up with her. 2. What does John think of Mike’s girlfriend? John thinks that she is pretty, diligent, generous John thinks that she is pretty, diligent, and considerate. generous and considerate.51BackNext学林出版社 3. I kind of want a break3. Why does Mike want to break up with Cathy? Because he wants to have some space for himself. Because he wants to have some space for himself.524. Is John happy to know about that? And why? John feels sorry because he knows Cathy loves John feels sorry because he knows Cathy loves very much.much. Mike Mike veryBackNext学林出版社 3. I kind of want a breakTypescriptJohn: Mike: John: Mike: John: Mike: John: Mike: Hi, Mike, we’re having a party tonight. Wanna join us? You can bring your girlfriend. Well...eh...I’m breaking up with Cathy. What happened? Did you have a fight? No. She’s really a very nice girl...53Yeah, she’s pretty, diligent, generous and what’s more, considerate. Well, she’s really caring, but sometimes too much...and uh...I kind of want a break, you know...some space for myself. Oh, I’m really sorry to hear that. I know she’s head over heels in love with you and she’ll really be hurt. I know…Perhaps time makes love pass.Back Next学林出版社 3. I kind of want a breakNotes1. Wanna join us? 你要来吗? 英语口语中的缩写 wanna相当于 want to,表示“想要”;54类似的还有gonna,相当于going to,表示“将要”。2. I’m breaking up with Cathy. 我正准备和凯茜分手。 break up (with sb.) (和某人)分手,散伙 e.g. He’s just broken up with his girlfriend.Their partnership has broken up.学林出版社BackNext 3. I kind of want a break3. Yeah, she’s pretty, diligent, generous and what’s more, considerate. 是呀,她又漂亮,又勤奋,还很大方,再说她还很体贴。55△diligent a. 勤奋的e.g. She is a really diligent student. ☆generous a. 大方的e.g. It’s generous of my employer to offer such a salary.what’s more 再者,而且 e.g. Tomorrow we can see a total eclipse of the sun. What’smore, this will not occur again for another 300 to 500 years.☆considerate a. 体贴的 e.g. It’s very considerate of you to say that.学林出版社BackNext 3. I kind of want a break564. I kind of want a break, you know...some space for myself.我大概需要分开一下……你知道的,给自己一点空间。此处space是“自由空间”的意思。 e.g. Let her have some personal space and she’ll respect you more.学林出版社BackNext 4. True love has no remorse57 Read the following romance story to a partner. Ask him/her to repeat the story in his/her own words.In the college cafeteria, On the first day I was there, A little girl sat next to me, With very curly hair. I wondered then, “Who could this be?” She looked just like some kid, And in this school she hid. It turned out she attended here. I thought we could never be friends, So that was that, in fact, I wouldn’t even talk to her, For I’d made up my mind, That she was never meant for me. And then one day in the study-hall, I saw her standing there, A smile upon her lovely face,Click Here For Reference AnswerBackNext学林出版社 4. True love has no remorse58On the first day I was in the college cafeteria, I noticed alittle girl sitting next to me. She had very curly hair. I was curious about her because she looked like a little kid. Then I found out she was a student there. I thought she was not the kind of girl for me. But I couldn’t help falling in love with her when I saw her standing in the study-hall. Now we’ve been married for many years, and our love will last forever.BackNext学林出版社 4. True love has no remorse59Notes 1. And in this school she hid. 她深藏校中无人识。 *hide v. 躲藏;把……藏起来,隐藏 e.g. Rosie wants you to go and look for her — she’s hiding somewhere upstairs. She used to hide her diary under her pillow.BackNext学林出版社 4. True love has no remorse2. It turned out she attended here. 没想到她就在这儿上学。60*attend v. 就读,定期去……;参加,出席e.g. I attended the classes for a month or two. The doctor asked me which clinic I was attending. A large number of people attended the meeting. attend还可表示“服侍,照料”等含义,后需加介词to。 e.g. Tom, could you attend to the customers, please? attend的名词形式为attendance,意思是“出席;出席人数”。 e.g. Now that he’s the boss, he has a couple of secretaries inattendance on him.We had an attendance of 300 people at the meeting.学林出版社BackNext 4. True love has no remorse3. That she was never meant for me. 她不适合我。 be meant for sb. 适合某人;为……设计/指定 e.g. They all say John is meant for me.61His sneer was meant for me.BackNext学林出版社 4. True love has no remorse4. Our love will never fade. 我们的爱永远不会消逝。 ☆fade vi. 逐渐变弱,逐渐消失 e.g. The children’s memories of their father slowly faded away. Will their dreams fade to nothing?62fade还可表示“(使)褪色,(使)失去光泽”。e.g. That table cloth will fade if you wash it in hot water.5.本首诗歌中的押韵1) 全韵与半韵(full rhyme and half rhyme):me— kid— cafeteria— there—hair2) 谐元韵(assonance):face—raised—fadeBack Next学林出版社 Text Lead-in63Look at the pictures and tell the class the love they explain.BackNext学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a Thread64 Read the passage on the meaning of loveluxurious the exercises. 此处too and do for them to say 中,for them to say是不定式复 At times I can’t make out if 爱如针线 合结构,其中,them 是不定式 该句是动名词作主语。动名词 even作程度副词,修饰比较级 there is love between my 的逻辑施动者,用for引导,有 有时,我真搞不清楚父母之 的一般构成是动词原形加-ing more impossible,用于强调比 in one’s opinion 该句运用了隐喻的修辞手法, 时也用of 引导不定式的逻辑施 parents. In their opinion, “I 间是否有爱可言。在他们看来, ,作主语表示一般的或泛指的 较,表示“甚至更,还要”。 据某人的意见,在某人看来 它不同于明喻。试比较:Life 动者。 概念。 love you” is too luxurious for 说“我爱你”简直太奢侈了。在 e.g. my kind like a stage. e.g. It’s so next 36 hours will is a InThe opinion, he to help me. e.g. stage./Life isof you is wrong.be e.g. Eating too much is showers them to say. Sending 情人节给对方送花更是不可能的 even colder, with snow harmful (kind是you的品质,所以用of引 In my opinion, he’s gone crazy. to health. more widespread. 事。 导不定式) flowers to each other on becoming Collecting even heavy one it than The stone isstamps is for themhis You know too less about of to Valentine’s Day is even move. (heavy不是them的品质 hobbies. I do. more impossible. ,所以不用of,而用for引导不定 式)TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a ThreadOne day, my mother was65☆promptly ad. 迅速地,毫不迟延 raise one’s head 抬头 地raise one’s head 抬头 e.g. 有一天,妈妈在缝被子,我 We’ll have 类似的搭配有: to leave fairly 类似的搭配有: promptly if we want to catch the train. raise one’s hat (to) raise one’s to (to) with表示“具有,带有”。 I 问她:“妈妈,你和爸爸之间有 expected youhat be here promptly. promptly的形容词形式为prompt,表 (向……)脱帽致敬; 爱情吗?” 妈妈停下手中的活, (向……)脱帽致敬; e.g. They found it difficult living 示“迅速的”。 raise one’s voice 吃惊地抬起头。但她没有立即回 raise one’s you in a cottage voiceno runningprompt e.g. Thank with for your water. 提高嗓子说话; attention to the matter. we should be 提高嗓子说话; 答我的问题。后来,妈妈终于开 With a bit of luck, The drowning child was saved by raisein raise one’s eyebrow one’s for dinner. back prompt eyebrow 口了。 timeaction. Jack’s 挑眉(表示惊奇/怀疑); 挑眉(表示惊奇/怀疑); prompt也可当动词用,意思是“促 使(做某事)”。 (to) raise one’s glass (to) raise one’s glass e.g. What prompted you to ask that (向……)祝酒。 (向……)祝酒。 question? Hunger prompted him to steal.Back Nextsewing a quilt when I askedher, “Mom, is there love between you and Dad?” My mother stopped her work and raised her head withsurprise in her eyes. Shedidn’t answer promptly. But at last she said the following words:Translation学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a Thread“Susan,” thoughtfully, she “look at said this66 ☆passion n. 热情,激情 ☆thoughtfully消失,不见 *disappear vi. ad. e.g. 她若有所思地说:“苏珊, Football arouses 若有所思地;体贴地a good deal e.g. The sun disappeared behind of passion 你看这线,有时它从被子里冒出 e.g. clouds among its supporters. He rubbed a his cold. the and we felt bit chin pop up 突然出现,冒出来 Can’t we talk thoughtfully. about this with a 来,但更多的是藏在被子里。正 His anger soon disappeared. e.g. Mushrooms little less passion? tend to pop up 该词的形容词形式为 thoughtful 是这根线让被子又结实又耐用。 disappear 的 名 词 形 式 为 overnight. ,意为“认真思考的,沉思的 passion 的 常 见 结 构 : have a 如果把生活比作被子,爱就是这 disappearance。 ;想得周到的,关心他人的, She popped up passion for sth. in Shanghai after 根线。爱不是无时无处都可见的 e.g.that man 体贴的”。 was being questioned all A time. e.g. I’ve always had a passion 。但它又确实存在,激情隐藏其 in connection with her e.g. thoughtful expression for painting. disappearance. 中。 attentive and thoughtful. He isthread. Sometimes it pops up,but most of it disappears inthe quilt. The thread really makes the quilt strong and durable. If life is a quilt, then love should be a thread. It canhardly be seen anywhere oranytime, but it’s really there. Passion is inside.”TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a ThreadI couldn’t make out her67wordsuntilthenextspring when my father was hospitalized because of a serious lung disease. My mother had to stay直到第二年春天,父亲因 not…until… 直到……才…… ☆hospitalize vt. 肺部患上重病住院治疗,我才 e.g. They didn’t leave the house 送……入院治疗 理解了妈妈的话。妈妈陪他在 此处when 引导的从句是定语从 until the hostess came back. 句,修饰先行词spring。 e.g. His father was hospitalized 医院待了一个月。 I won’t watch TV until I have yesterday because of lung cancer. finished my homework.with him in the hospital fora month.TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a ThreadAfter they were back, every day in the morning and at dusk, my mother helped my father walk68slowlytheonmostthecountryroad. It seemed they were harmonious couple.△harmonious a. 和谐的,和睦的, 友好的 他们回来后,每天早上和 it seems (that)… e.g. The two families’ relations were very harmonious. 黄昏,妈妈都会搀着爸爸在乡 似乎,看来,仿佛 We are living in a harmonious 间的路上散步,他们看上去是 e.g. It seems that nobody knew community. whatI had happened. like such a harmonious group of 最和谐的一对夫妇。 buildings. It seemed that he was late for harmonious的名词形式为harmony, the train. 意思是“协调,和睦,一致”。 e.g. We must ensure that tourism develops in harmony with the environmentBack NextTranslation学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a ThreadMy father was supposed to recover in two months. But he69 医生说,爸爸两个月就可以 *recover vi. 康复,恢复 恢复。但两个月过去了,他仍然 e.g. It took her a long time which引导的从句为非限制性 by oneself 独立地;单独地 to recover from her heart operation. be supposed to 不能自己走路。我们全家都为他 定语从句,修饰前面整个句子 e.g. It was the first time that he 担心。 homeworkrecovered after 应该,被期望 。 Have you by himself. did his yourThe were supposed e.g. ten-hour flight read prize by T I first e.g. Comestudent gotyet? histo get in 该句相当于When we’re all eyes, “苏珊,不要担心我。”他说 recover的名词形式为recovery there an the English contest, which made Iourselves.lovedago. mother deeply knew he hour my 道,“我就喜欢跟你妈妈一起散 ,意思是“恢复”。 the 。 class excited for more than a 步。”从他的眼睛里,我知道, week. Mira made a full recovery e.g. 爸爸深爱着妈妈。 from the operation.Back Nextstill couldn’t walk by himselfby then, which made us worry about him. “Susan, don’t worry about me,” he said. “I just likewalkingwithyourmom.”I knewReading his eyes,he loved my mother deeply.Translation学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a Thread分词或分词短语可以用来说明句中谓语动词所处的状态,表示 时间、原因、条件、让步等,相当于状语从句。如果状语从句和 主句的主语相同,就可以转换成分词短语。 e.g. He recognized the man who had been his classmate ten years before, so he went over to say hello to him. (= Recognizing the man who had been his classmate ten years before, he went over to say hello to him.) When he heard a cry for help, he rushed out. (= Hearing a cry for help, he rushed out.)70While we were working in the factory, we learned a lot from the workers. (= Working in the factory, we learned a lot from the workers.)Back Next学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a ThreadOnce I thought love71我曾以为,爱情意味着鲜花、礼物以及甜蜜的亲吻。meant flowers, gifts andsweet kisses. But now I 但是现在我明白了,爱就是被 understand that love is just 子中的那根线,真爱隐藏其中 a thread in the quilt of our ,爱让生活更加稳固而温馨。 life. Love is inside, making life strong and warm.TranslationBackNext学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a ThreadA. Decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F) according to the passage. ( F ) 1. My parents don’t love each other.72( T ) 2. I finally understand the love between my parents. ( F ) 3. My parents used to send flowers to each other onValentine’s Day. ( T ) 4. My father once suffered from a serious lung disease. ( F ) 5. Father didn’t recover soon because he liked walking with my mom.BackNext学林出版社 5. Love Is Just a ThreadB. Fill in each blank with the correct word or phrase.73make out worry about sew recover raisesew 1. to _________ a button onto the shirt2. to make out if there is love between my parents _________ recover 3. to _________ from injuries raise 4. to _________ her eyes 5. to worry about father’s illness _________Back Next学林出版社 6. Completing a love story74 Look at the following pictures and complete a love story between a man and a woman.1.2.3.4.5.Click Here For Reference Answer6.Back Next学林出版社 6. Completing a love storyBad Date, Good Impression During the first term of college, I signed up for a Karate75class. The student assistant helped me a lot. ______________ Finally he builtup the nerve to call me for a date _____________________________ . The next day he picked me up at about 6:00 p.m. ________ Unluckily, ___________________________________________________ a car came towards us while he was driving. We hit each ___________________________________________________ other and it also completely damaged his car. The police arrived and asked everybody questions. That was the last ___________________________________________________ thing we did on our first date __________________________.We’ve been married for But that wasn’t our last date_________________________ six years and recently had a son ___________________________. 学林出版社Back Next 7. Read me!76 Read the passage and choose the best answer to each question. A Letter to a Dream LoverDear sir, Besides the pleasing sight of Keira Knightley standing on a cliff edge, wind blowing in her hair, the most recent film of Pride & Prejudice contains many life lessons for gentlemen like yourself. The film’s lessons are very important for those (like you) who seek to woo (向女子求爱) the Jane Austen-reading, afternoontea-drinking ladies of the world (like me). You may be wondering why Mr. Darcy interests so many girls. At the beginning of the story he is a most unlikable character — arrogant (傲慢自大的) and ignorant of smart Elizabeth Bennet’s charms.Back Next学林出版社 7. Read me!77The answer is simple. He sees the error of his ways and reforms. He realizes that Elizabeth, however poor or socially inferior (地位低微的), is completely worth any sacrifice (牺牲). What Darcy has is an appreciation for the qualities that make Elizabeth special — her “fine eyes,” “improving her mind with reading” and the rest of it. Knowing that someone notices and realizes the value of your personal qualities goes a long way. Darcy also knows when to be subtle and when to break free from social rules. In some situations, hints dropped in a handwritten letter are best (forget e-mail or instant messaging). But at the end, you simply must do something grand like burst into a room and say “My heart is, and always will be, yours.”BackNext学林出版社 7. Read me!78Jane Austen’s books have remained so popular over the years because they are so breathtakingly romantic. You don’t need to do much. But a better understanding of the dignity, even with flaws (瑕疵), of someone like Mr. Darcy willgreatly increase your favor with girls (like yours truly). They likeEnglish accents and secretly wish they could wear lacy (有花边的) dresses all the time. Yours, SashaNextBack学林出版社 7. Read me!1. What is people’s opinion of Mr. Darcy at the beginning of the story? A. He is friendly. C. He is conceited. B. He is cruel. D. He is handsome.792. According to the letter, why does Mr. Darcy interest so many girls? A. Because he sees the error of his ways and reforms. B. Because he is arrogant and ignorant. C. Because he is completely worth any sacrifice.D. Because he likes reading very much. 学林出版社BackNext 7. Read me!3. When does Darcy change his opinion of Elizabeth? A. When he discovers her mind improved by reading. B. When he discovers her eyes beautiful from reading. C. When he discovers she has many special qualities.80D. When he discovers she is actually very rich.4. How are Jane Austen’s books thought of today? A. Jane Austen’s books are just ordinary. B. Jane Austen’s books are extremely romantic. C. Jane Austen’s books are quite unrealistic.D. Jane Austen’s books are very interesting. 学林出版社BackNext 7. Read me!5. What is the purpose of the letter?81A. To let her dream lover know that Mr. Darcy is always a dream lover for girls. B. To let her dream lover know that Mr. Darcy is popular among girls. C. To let her dream lover know that a girl often hopes herlover is perfect.D. To let her dream lover know that she wishes him to be a Mr. Darcy.Back Next学林出版社 GrammarExercise Choose the best answer to complete each sentence. 1. Rice and cotton ______ in abundance in China. A. are growing C. grow C. grow B. have grown D. grows822. Bread and butter _______ the main food for most Westerners. A. are B. isC. have beenD. had beenBack Next学林出版社 Grammar3. The rest of her money _______ invested in the stock market since then.83A. has been A. has beenC. isB. have beenD. are4. After being urged again and again last night, the police ________ sent to search for the killer.A. were wereC. haveB. wasD. has beenBack Next学林出版社 Grammar5. The number of students in Class A ________ limited to twenty five. A. has B. have D. is his own favorite. B. have D. is having84C. are6. Everyone A. has C. hadBackNext学林出版社 Grammar7. _____any of the women teachers interested in going there? A. Have B. Has D. Are D. Are85C. Is8. I’m sure that the crew _____ still annoyed at the captain’s decision. A. was C. are C. are B. have D. isBack Next学林出版社 Grammar9. There _____ a bed and two sofas in the house. A. has C. is C. is B. have D. are8610. Nobody but a few waitresses ____ that they heard the cry for help next door at midnight. A. has claimed A. has claimed C. is claimed B. claim D. have claimedBackNext学林出版社 普通高等教育“十一· 五”规划教材Thank you!
广而告之:
相关文档:
下载文档:
搜索更多:
词条解释:
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。甜梦文库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。|

我要回帖

更多关于 unit7 的文章

随机推荐