laugh atday you laughrself before others have a chance to do so什么意思

& What every atheist should say to god… if Judgment Day actually happens!
What every atheist should say to god… if Judgment Day actually happens!
EDITOR’S NOTE (Adam Brown): This writing was sent to me anonymously, so I tracked down the author on Reddit (well, he found me). It really turned my “atheism dial” up a little. The question of “What if you’re wrong” had always been answered in my head as, “Well, I guess I’ll figure it out when I get there” or, “Well, I lived a good life… maybe I can beg my way in.” It wasn’t until reading this that I realized that I wouldn’t want to spend eternity in heaven kissing the ass of such a tyrant as the Abrahamic God while I watched other people I loved burn in hell without me being able to help them. It isn’t like Santa C you can’t get back on the nice list later. If you are on the naughty list, it’s forever.
I hope that this simple, fictional conversation with god will also help you realize that you are right for not believing in him. Don’t be afraid of hell or missing the reward of heaven. Ask yourself after reading this, would you really want to serve a god like this, or deem him worthy to judge you? I wouldn’t. So, the next time a believer asks you, “But what if you’re wrong”, get in their face and politely summarize this article in your own way. Then, turn the question back to them and remind them that if they are wrong… they spent their whole life worshipping a real asshole!
But What if You’re Wrong?
from Reddit – original post
Such a wonderfully written piece of atheist literature, that we felt it needed a permanent home on our site in text form – so it would be easier to read. Enjoy.
“But what if you’re wrong?” So goes the common questions posed to atheists by Christians. Putting aside for a moment the obvious retort (what if they are wrong and another religion is right?) I decided to really organize my thoughts a bit. What would I say if I was wrong, the Christians were right, and a moment after dying I found myself before the blinding majesty of Yahweh with Christ at his right hand?
Oh. Oh dear. I see. Well, I guess this is about as close to incontrovertible evidence for your existence as I could have ever demanded.
Actually, as a good skeptic I pray you won’t get offended if I entertain the possibility that I’m experiencing a hypoxia-induced hallucination.
But, I’ll just go along with this for now.
I’m not going to kneel or anything if you don’t mind.
That would kind of be shutting the barn door after the cows have run out, don’t you think?
Besides: by your will, I was thrust into life in a very undignified manner and state, so the least you could do would be to let me leave it in better circumstances.
And really, that would be the very, very least you could do.
You know, now that the initial shock of being dead is starting to wear off, I find myself getting angry.
I’m trying to restrain it, but this whole situation is… absurd.
According to most accounts, this is the part where you judge me.
Who the hell are you to be a moral judge?
You’re a sadistic, genocidal sex-obsessed tyrant.
All my life, I laughed off those Christians who accused me of “hating God”.
Like I told them, it wasn’t that I I just genuinely didn’t think you existed.
But I did hate the idea of you.
I didn’t see evidence to believe in any gods, but you in particular seemed like a logical contradiction.
I was glad that the Bible was a work of-seeming-fiction because the belief that all of the most terrible things in the world were, at the worst, designed by or, at the best, permitted by an all-powerful conscious being was too horrible to not hate.
It’s oddly refreshing to find that all this time I was outraged at something more tangible.
Or is this the part where your grand plan is revealed, your “mysterious ways” made clear? Will you say the magic words and suddenly I’ll understand how a child being raped, murdered, and left in a ditch fits in with you infinite benevolence?
Will starvation and disease make sense? Because you know, I don’t think I want them to make sense.
If that’s part of your omniscient knowledge, then I don’t want that part. I guess its fitting:
humanity’s first act of defiance was to want knowledge to be more like you.
Then let my last act of defiance be choosing ignorance so that I can be as unlike you as possible.
This is all perfectly futile.
You know me better than anyone.
You know my mind. You know how I thought. You know – and had the power over- all the circumstances in my life that meant you very existence seemed impossible to me.
After all, you “knit me together in my mother’s womb,” didn’t you?
So am I just a casualty of free will, then?
You wanted worship from people who could choose to worship you and, to satisfy your ego, decided it was a fair price to create people whom you knew wouldn’t choose you and would face eternal torture for it.
You know, even if almost everything had been perfect, a world free from pain and death where everyone would freely choose to spend an eternity with you – except for one person, and yet you made him anyways… then you would still be infinitely more evil than all the worst of humanity combined.
You’re going to judge me? On behalf of all that’s good and decent in your creation, I judge you. I may have been a willful child, but you were a terrible father.
I can’t say I’m really inclined to beg for my soul now, given what I said about you knowing me perfectly.
Even so, supposing mercy’s still an option (and that last rant didn’t kill my chances), I guess it’s worth a shot.
I can’t pretend I have any love for you, but no principle is worth being damned over if it can be helped.
What shall I say in my defense?
I tried to be good without you.
You told your followers to feed the hungry, clothe the poor, and visit the sick.
I did those things, not because you told me to or because I thought I was “storing up treasure in heaven”.
I did them for their own sake, for the sake of my neighbors.
When I saw suffering, I tried to help instead of saying a quick prayer to you and believing I’d done something.
And when I didn’t help and suffering continued, I held myself responsible instead of concluding it was just your divine will.
And I was content with one life- in fact, despite how terrible life could be, I was usually quite grateful to have one.
I didn’t demand more.
I was content to create my own meaning in the meaningless chaos, to find love in all the pain, to find the beautiful simplicity in the apparent complexity.
And I have to say, you may have failed basic ethics but you sure had a deft hand when it came to creating the cosmos – not least because you did it in such a way as to make yourself seem irrelevant.
The splendor of the night sky, the incredible diversity of life, everything.
Quantum mechanics? That was crazy, I loved it!
And relativity?
You were on a roll that day, really.
I saw nearly all of your creation for what it was:
wonderful.
I didn’t look at an exquisitely intricate world and call it fallen.
I didn’t look at a newborn baby and call it sinful.
I didn’t look at my seemingly finite life and call it inadequate.
So you created us because you desired companionship and love?
Well then, you needed me.
But I didn’t need you.
I grew up and took responsibility for my own life.
If that really is the greatest crime of all, then there’s nothing more I can say.
The deck was stacked against me, but honestly, I can’t truly say I have any regrets.
Heaven, hell, oblivion… your move, God.
Though I still think I’m probably hallucinating.
Popular on Facebook请选择年级七年级八年级九年级请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:初中英语
Part-time Cleaning HelpAre you looking for a vacation
job? Can you clean the house and cook? Then, I need you. The work is boring,
but the pay is good. I need you from 2:00 pm—5:00 pm, Monday to Saturday. Please come to
the cleaning center or call Mrs. Johnson at 544-9968.A Fitness CampFor Overweight KidsAre you too fat? Can you run as
fast as your classmates? Have you failed your PE examination?Our fitness camp can help you
lose weight and get fit again. Come and join us!& Please call Nathan at
475-2300.Next Wave Music StoreAfter 10 years of teaching the
piano, David Smith has made his first
CD!Come and meet him this weekend.Special presents for the first
50 people.Time: Sat. 7:00 pm Call Marsha at 8732059.【小题1】The cleaner will work&&&&hours one week.A. 12&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 15 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 18【小题2】In the fitness camp, you can&&&&.A. clean the house&&&&
B. lose weight&&&&&&&& C. meet David Smith【小题3】&&&&&needs a cleaner.A. Mrs. Johnson&&&&&&&
B. Marsha&&&&&&&&& C. Nathan【小题4】 You can call&&&&, if you want to go to the fitness camp.A. 544-9968&&&&&&&&&&&B. 475-2300 &&&&&&&C. 8732059【小题5】 If you’re the tenth to come to&&&&, you can get a special present.A. the cleaning center&&&& B. the fitness camp&&& C. Next Wave Music Store
来源:2011届重庆南开中学初三5月月考英语试卷
题型:阅读理解
 When I was at university,I studied very hard.But a lot of my friends did very little work.Some did just enough to pass exams.Others didn’t do quite enough.Fred Baines was one of them.He spent more time drinking in the Students’ Union than working in the library.  Once at the end of the term,we had to take an important test in chemistry.The test had a hundred questions. In my room the night before the test,Fred was watching TV.Fred usually worried a lot the night before a test.But on that night he looked perfectly calm.Then he told me of his plan.“It’s very simple.There are a hundred questions and I have to get fifty correct to pass the test.I’ll take a coin into the examination room.I haven’t studied a chemistry book for months,so I’ll just toss the coin.That way,I’m sure I’ll get half the questions right.”  The next day,Fred came happily into the exam room.As he sat tossing a coin for half an hour he marked down his answers.Then he left,half an hour before the rest of us.  The next day,he saw the chemistry professor in the corridor.“Oh,good,”he said,“Have you got the result of the test?”The professor looked at him and smiled,“Ah,it’s you,Baines.Just a minute.”Then he reached into his pocket and took out a coin.He threw it into the air,caught it in his hand and looked at it.  “I’m terribly sorry,Baines,”he said,“You failed!”【小题1】This story mainly wants to tell us ________.A.chemistry is really hard to learnB.there were too many questions for students to prepare forC.good exam results needs hard studyD.tossing a coin can not always decide the result【小题2】Fred Baines was one of those who ________.A.did just enough to pass the examB.didn’t work hard enough for their studiesC.had too much other work for the Students’ UnionD.were quite good at passing exams【小题3】Fred came happily into the exam room because ________.A.he had got ready for the examB.he knew the answers alreadyC.the other students would be behind himD.he had his way to finish the exam【小题4】The chemistry exam in fact ________.A.was not very hardB.took the other students an hour to finishC.had more than one hundred questionsD.needed to be done by tossing a coin【小题5】The professor tossed the coin to tell Baines that ________.A.he was satisfied with his way for the examB.he wanted to make friends with himC.his way for the exam would never workD.the exam result depended on the coin
来源:2013届江苏省泰州市黄桥初中、高港中学九年级4月联考英语试卷(带解析)
Have you ever been sad because you failed in something? If so, please remember, for often, achieving what you expect is not the most important thing. Here is a story to tell you why. One day a little boy decided to dig a hole behind his house after watching a science program. As he was working, a couple of boys stopped by to watch.& "What are you doing?" asked one of the visitors. "I want to dig a deep hole all the way through the earth!" the boy answered excitedly.& The older boys began to laugh, telling him that it was impossible to do it. Then they left. The little boy kept on digging and digging. Suddenly, a few small colorful stones caught his eyes. He collected them and put them into a glass jar patiently.& Humming a song, he went on digging. The jar was full soon. Then he talked to himself calmly and proudly, "Maybe I can't finish digging all the way through the earth, but look at what I have found in the process of digging !" The boy's goal was too difficult, but it did cause him to go on, in other words, to cause us to keep working! Not every goal will be achieved.& Not every job will end up with a success.& Not every dream will come true.& But when you can't achieve your goal, maybe you can say, "yes, but look what I've found along the way! There are so many wonderful things that have come into my life because I tried to do something!" It is in the digging that life is lived. It is the unexpected joy on the journey that really has a meaning.【小题1】What did the boy do after watching a program?A.He bought a glass jar.B.He started to dig a hole.C.He played with some visitors.D.He went on watching the program.【小题2】What did the older boys think of the little boy?A.He was silly.B.He was strict.C.he was strong-minded.D.He was energetic.【小题3】When did the boy find the stones?A.Before he met the older boys.B.When he wanted to give up digging.C.After the older boys laughed at him.D.As soon as he began to dig the hole.【小题4】What does the underlined sentence "It is in the digging that life is lived." mean according to the article?A.Life is to make a big success.B.Life is to find the colorful stones.C.Life is difficult but colorful.D.Life is on the way to achieve the goal.【小题5】Which is the best title for this article?A.Enjoying the processB.How to achieve goalsC.A journey through the earthD.Dig a deep hole all the way through the earth.
来源:学年浙江省温州地区九年级上学期第一次月考英语试卷(解析版)
Perhaps the only test score that I remember is the 55
when I was in high school.
The test was the final for a course. I remember
waiting anxiously as my teacher Mr. Right passed out our papers one by one. It
was a rather difficult test. I heard my classmates groaning(发牢骚), and I could tell by the groans that the scores
weren’t looking good.
Mr. Right put my paper on my desk. There in big red
numbers, circled to draw attention, was my score, 55!
I lowered my head, and covered the score up quickly. A
55 is not something that you wanted your classmates to see.
“The scores were not very good, none of you passed,”
Mr. Right said. “The highest score in the class was a 55.”
A 55. That’s me!
Suddenly my sad look didn’t look so bad. I had the
highest score. I felt a lot better.
I walked home alone that day with the low but high
score. My father knew that I had a big test that day and asked me as soon as I
got home, “How did you do in your test?”
“I made a 55,” I said.
A frown (皱眉) now stood
on my father’s face. I knew I had to explain immediately. “But Dad, I had the
highest score in the class,” I proudly stated. I thought that explanation would
make a difference.
“You failed!” my father replied.
“But it’s the highest!” I insisted.
“I don’t care what scores others had, but you failed.
What matters is what you do!” my father firmly said.
For years, my father was always that way. It didn’t
matter what others did, it only mattered what I did and that I did it
excellently.
We often don’t understand the wisdom (智慧) of good parents until we ourselves stand in the
parents’ shoes. My father’s words have carried me throughout life.
1.In
class, to hide my score from my classmates, I ___________ .
A. lowered my head&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
covered my score up&&&
C. walked home alone&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
explained immediately
2. A
frown stood on my father’s face because he thought ____. .
A. I did a bad job in the
test.&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& B.
I gave a good excuse.
C. I became the worst
student.&&&&&& &&&&& D.I
stood in his shoes
3. We
can infer from the passage that _____..
A. the father was strict with his child.
B. the writer was always poor in tests.
C. Mr. Right was worried about the writer.
D. the writer was always happy with his scores.
4.Which
is the best title of the passage?
A. The Final Test&&&&&&
B. That’s Me! &&&&C. My Strict
Teacher&&&&& D. Scores, Important?
来源:学年江苏省泰州市九年级4月联考英语试卷(解析版)
Have you ever been sad because you failed in
something? If so, please remember, for often, achieving what you expect is not
the most important thing. Here is a story to tell you why.
One day a little boy decided to dig a hole behind his
house after watching a science program. As he was working, a couple of boys
stopped by to watch.& &What are you doing?& asked one of the
visitors. &I want to dig a deep hole all the way through the earth!&
the boy answered excitedly.& The older boys began to laugh, telling him
that it was impossible to do it. Then they left.
The little boy kept on digging and digging. Suddenly,
a few small colorful stones caught his eyes. He collected them and put them
into a glass jar patiently.& Humming a song, he went on digging. The jar
was full soon. Then he talked to himself calmly and proudly, &Maybe I
can't finish digging all the way through the earth, but look at what I have
found in the process of digging !&
The boy's goal was too difficult, but it did cause him
to go on, in other words, to cause us to keep working!
Not every goal will be achieved.& Not every job
will end up with a success.& Not every dream will come true.& But
when you can't achieve your goal, maybe you can say, &yes, but look what
I've found along the way! There are so many wonderful things that have come
into my life because I tried to do something!& It is in the digging
that life is lived. It is the unexpected joy on the journey that really has
a meaning.
1.What did the boy do after watching a program?
A.He bought a
glass jar.
B.He started to
dig a hole.
C.He played
with some visitors.
D.He went on
watching the program.
2.What did the older boys think of the little boy?
A.He was silly.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.He was strict.
C.he was
strong-minded.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.He was
energetic.
3.When did the boy find the stones?
A.Before he met
the older boys.
B.When he
wanted to give up digging.
C.After the
older boys laughed at him.
D.As soon as he
began to dig the hole.
4.What does the underlined sentence &It is in the
digging that life is lived.& mean according to the article?
A.Life is to
make a big success.
B.Life is to
find the colorful stones.
C.Life is
difficult but colorful.
D.Life is on
the way to achieve the goal.
5.Which is the best title for this article?
A.Enjoying the
process
B.How to
achieve goals
C.A journey
through the earth
D.Dig a deep
hole all the way through the earth.
吴老师30日19点直播线段的垂直平分线的性质
余老师30日20点直播unit5第二课时 Section A

我要回帖

更多关于 just for laugh 的文章