把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢conveyance
音节划分:con?vey?ance
[k?n've??ns]
[k?n've?ns]
大家都在背:
1. Mahoney had never seen such a conveyance before.
马奥尼以前从来没有见过这样的运输工具。
来自柯林斯例句
2. the conveyance of goods by rail
由火车运输货物
来自《权威词典》
3. " All right,'said Vance, slamming the coach door, and the conveyance rolled away.
“ 行了, "万斯说, 砰的一声关上车门, 车子就上路了.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
4. Its another, older, usage is a synonym for conveyance.
它的另一个更古老的习惯用法是作为财产转让的同义词使用.
来自辞典例句
5. The ladies looked hungrily after that conveyance.
太太们贪婪地目送着这辆汽车.
来自辞典例句
交通工具, 车辆, 媒介物, 传达手段 (ve=vey道路+hi+cle→走在道路上的工具→交通工具)
运输;转让 (convey[v.运送,搬运,转运;传达,传播]+ance表名词→n.运输;转让)
运送,搬运,转运;传达,传播 (con共同+vey道路→共同用路→运输)
运输工具;交通工具 A conveyance is a vehicle.&
【STYLE标签】:LITERARY 文
Mahoney had never seen such a conveyance before.
马奥尼以前从来没有见过这样的运输工具。
不可数名词
运输;运送;输送 The conveyance of something is the process of carrying or transporting it from one place to another.&
【搭配模式】:with supp
【语域标签】:FORMAL 正式
...the conveyance of bicycles on Regional Railways trains.
通过地区铁路公司的火车运输自行车
1. 传送;运送;表达
conveyance by air
door-to-door conveyance
上门取送运输
2. 运输工具;交通工具
means of conveyance
3. 产权转让证书
1. document effecting a property transfer
2. the transmission of information
3. something that serves as a means of transportation
4. act of transferring property title from one person to another
5. the act of transporting something from one location to another
2.物业转让
3.财产转让
4.物权行为
5.运输工具
6.物业买卖
0){var rand = parseInt(Math.random() * (000)+100000);top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'))+'?renovate='+}else{top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'));};}" action="/">
查过的词自动加入生词本
Tip:此功能设置只能在登录状态下生效
conveyance
需要改进的内容:
单词大小写
其他(请在下面补充描述)
错误描述:
您还可在这里补充说明下 O(∩_∩)O~
方便的话,请您留下一种联系方式,便于问题的解决:高频词,一定要记住哦!
老的( old的比较级 );
(用于指称被替代的东西) 原来的
大家都在背:
1. If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.
如果你等待,发生的只有变老。
来自金山词霸 每日一句
2. Older mothers tend to be too idealistic about the pleasures of motherhood.
较年长的母亲往往对身为人母的乐趣过于理想化。
来自柯林斯例句
3. Some of the older telephones still only accept tokens.
一些较老式的电话机仍然只收代币。
来自柯林斯例句
4. The last of the older children had left for school.
年龄较大的几个孩子中,最后一个也已经上学去了。
来自柯林斯例句
5. There's absolutely nothing wrong in modelling yourself on an older woman.
以年纪较长的女性作为自己仿效的对象绝没有什么不对。
来自柯林斯例句
ADJ-GRADED
能被表示程度的副词或介词词组修饰的形容词
年老的;年纪大的;不年轻的 Someone who is old has lived for many years and is no longer young.&
【搭配模式】:the N
...a white-haired old man...
He was considered too old for the job.
他被认为年纪太大,不适合做这份工作。
The old are people who are old.(总称)老年人
...providing a caring response for the needs of the old and the handicapped.
对老年人和残疾人的需求予以关心照顾
(人)…岁的;(事物)存在…久的 You use old to talk about how many days, weeks, months, or years someone or something has lived or existed.&
【搭配模式】:amount ADJ
He was abandoned by his father when he was three months old...
他3个月大的时候被父亲遗弃了。
The paintings in the chapel were perhaps a thousand years old...
小教堂里的这些画可能有1,000年的历史了。
How old are you now?...
你现在多大了?
ADJ-GRADED
能被表示程度的副词或介词词组修饰的形容词
古老的;长久的;历史悠久的 Something that is old has existed for a long time.&
She loved the big old house...
她喜欢这幢古老的大房子。
These books must be very old.
这些书肯定有好些年头了。
...an old Arab proverb.
一句古老的阿拉伯谚语
ADJ-GRADED
能被表示程度的副词或介词词组修饰的形容词
陈旧的;破旧的 Something that is old is no longer in good condition because of its age or because it has been used a lot.&
【搭配模式】:usu ADJ n
He took a bunch of keys from the pocket of his old corduroy trousers.
他从破旧的灯芯绒裤子口袋里掏出一串钥匙。
...an old toothbrush.
一把旧牙刷
旧时的;过去的;从前的;过时的 You use old to refer to something that is no longer used, that no longer exists, or that has been replaced by something else.&
【搭配模式】:ADJ n
The old road had disappeared under grass and heather...
从前的那条路已经消失在杂草和欧石南丛中。
Although the old secret police have been abolished, the military police still exist...
虽然旧时的秘密警察业已废除,但宪兵队依然存在。
In the old Liberal party the peace movement was a powerful voice.
和平运动在过去的自由党内呼声很强。
原来(属于自己)的;原先(生活中)的 You use old to refer to something that used to belong to you, or to a person or thing that used to have a particular role in your life.&
【搭配模式】:poss ADJ n
I'll make up the bed in your old room...
我会把你原来房间的床铺整理好。
I still have affection for my old school...
我依然眷恋着母校。
Mark was heartbroken when Jane returned to her old boyfriend.
简同前男友旧情复燃,这使马克心都碎了。
ADJ-GRADED
能被表示程度的副词或介词词组修饰的形容词
(朋友)相识已久的;(敌人)结有宿怨的;(对手)长期竞争的 An old friend, enemy, or rival is someone who has been your friend, enemy, or rival for a long time.&
I called my old friend John Horner...
我给老朋友约翰·霍纳打了电话。
Mr Brownson, I assure you King's an old enemy of mine...
布朗森先生,我向你保证金是我的老冤家。
The French and English are old rivals.
法国人跟英国人是老对头。
(表示亲昵)老… You can use old to express affection when talking to or about someone you know.&
【语用信息】:feelings
【STYLE标签】:INFORMAL 非正式
Are you all right, old chap?...
你还好吗,老家伙?
Good old Bergen would do him the favor.
好心肠的老伯根会帮他这个忙的。
随便哪个/不是随便哪个 You use any old to emphasize that the quality or type of something is not important. If you say that a particular thing is not any old thing, you are emphasizing how special or famous it is.&
【搭配模式】:PHR n
【语用信息】:emphasis
【STYLE标签】:INFORMAL 非正式
Any old paper will do...
随便一张旧报纸就行。
The portraits and sumptuous ornaments, and the gold clock, show that this is not just any old front room.
墙上挂的画像、奢华的装饰和那座金钟都表明这可不是一间普普通通的客厅。
以前;从前 In the old days means in the past, before things changed.&
【搭配模式】:PHR with cl
In the old days we got a visit from the vet maybe once a year.
以前,兽医大概每年来我们这里出诊一次。
往昔的好日子;过去的好时光 When people refer to the good old days, they are referring to a time in the past when they think that life was better than it is now.&
He remembers the good old days when everyone in his village knew him and you could leave your door open at night.
他还记得村里人互相熟识、可以夜不闭户的美好往昔。
昔日的;往日的;古时的 If you talk about people or things of old, you are referring to people or things that existed long ago but which no longer exist, or no longer exist in the same form.&
【搭配模式】:n PHR
【STYLE标签】:LITERARY 文
...the warrior knights of old.
旧时骁勇善战的骑士
...a programme of work to recreate the Sherwood Forest of old.
重现古时舍伍德森林的工程
you can't teach an old dog new tricks→see:
good old→see:
of the old school→see:
to settle an old score→see:
up to one's old tricks→see:
1. (`aged' is pronounced as two syllables);
"aged members of the society"
"elderly residents could remember the construction of the first skyscraper"
"senior citizen"
"big sister"
3. used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a
"Bill Adams, Sr."
"an old offender"
"the older soldiers"
0){var rand = parseInt(Math.random() * (000)+100000);top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'))+'?renovate='+}else{top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'));};}" action="/">
查过的词自动加入生词本
Tip:此功能设置只能在登录状态下生效
需要改进的内容:
单词大小写
其他(请在下面补充描述)
错误描述:
您还可在这里补充说明下 O(∩_∩)O~
方便的话,请您留下一种联系方式,便于问题的解决:step-brother是什么意思_step-brother在线翻译_step-brother什么意思_step-brother的意思_step-brother的翻译_911查询
step-brother是什么意思
输入英文单词或中文词语查询其翻译,例如
step-brother是什么意思 step-brother在线翻译 step-brother什么意思 step-brother的意思 step-brother的翻译 step-brother的解释 step-brother的发音
您是不是要找:
step-brotherstep-brother 网络解释1. 不是亲生兄弟,但其父(母)与你的母(父)结婚& & 继亲没有直系血缘关系,是因为父母再婚后建立的关系(step means a relation not by birth but because ... | Step-brother: 不是亲生兄弟,但其父(母)与你的母(父)结婚; | Step-sister: 不是亲生姐妹,但其父(母)与你的母...2. 繼兄弟& & 同父異母/同母異父姐妹 half-sister | 繼兄弟 step-brother | 繼姐妹 step-sister3. 同父异母或者同母异父的兄弟& & step son 养子 | step brother 同父异母或者同母异父的兄弟 | step sister 同父异母或者同母异父的姐妹4. (同母异父或同父异母的)兄弟& & step sister(同母异父或同父异母的)姐妹 | step brother(同母异父或同父异母的)兄弟 | grandfather爷爷,外公step-brother 网络例句1. He's not really my brother. He's my step-brother. & &他不是我的亲哥哥,他是我的继兄。2. It's just my older step-brother , my mom, my step-dad and me. & &只有我继父带来的哥哥,我的母亲,我的继父和我。3. It`s just my older step-brother, my mom, my step-dad and me. & &只有一个我继父带来的哥哥,我母亲,我继父和我。4. No, she also died when my step-brother was little. & &;没有了。她也是在我哥哥很小的时候就去世了。5. What about your step-brother's mother? & &那你那位哥哥的母亲怎么样呢?6. J: no, she also died when my step-brother was little. & &没了。她也是在我哥哥很小的时候去世的。7. Even though I don`t have a blood relationship with my step-father and step-brother, I consider them to be my real family. & &即使我跟我的哥哥和继父没有血缘关系,但我还是觉得他们就是我真正的家人。step-brother是什么意思,step-brother在线翻译,step-brother什么意思,step-brother的意思,step-brother的翻译,step-brother的解释,step-brother的发音,step-brother的同义词,step-brother的反义词,step-brother的例句,step-brother的相关词组,step-brother意思是什么,step-brother怎么翻译,单词step-brother是什么意思常用英语教材考试英语单词大全 (7本教材)
出国英语单词大全 (5本教材)
大学英语单词大全 (13本教材)
高中英语单词大全 (6本教材)
初中英语单词大全 (13本教材)
小学英语单词大全 (33本教材)
别人正在查
911查询 全部查询 网址:
(共20个)占卜求签
(共17个)民俗文化
(共15个)交通出行
(共10个)学习应用
(共25个)休闲娱乐
(共10个)站长工具
(共9个)身体健康
&2015  京ICP备号-6 打开手机微信扫描以下二维码,通过我们的公众微信学英语。
客服短信:客服邮箱:
英语全能特训中心初级美语听说读写全能训练。¥598元/年
针对大学英语四级考试进行听说读写全能训练。¥198元/3个月
针对大学英语六级考试进行听说读写全能训练。¥198元/3个月
= 终身有效、永不过期的超级VIP会员。¥980元/永久
VOA英语听力、翻译、杂志、视频等下载特权。¥258元/年
HEALTH REPORT - For Lots of People, Getting Older Means Getting Happier
阅读次数:
免费会员开放下载:
下载提示:鼠标右键点击下载链接,然后选择“目标另存为”。
VIP会员专享下载:
英语同步字幕
96-year-old Emilie, left, and 97-year-old Otto Kahl have been married 75 years. The German couple smiles warmly. This is the
. Old age may not sound exciting. But recent findings offer good news for older people and for people worried about getting older. Researchers found that people become happier and experience less worry after they reach the age of fifty. In fact, they say by the age of eighty-five, people are happier with their life than they were when they were eighteen years old. The findings came from a survey of more than three hundred forty thousand adults in the United States. The Gallup Organization questioned them by telephone in two thousand eight. At that time, the people were between the ages of eighteen and eighty-five. The researchers asked questions about emotions like happiness, sadness and worry. They also asked about mental or emotional stress. Arthur Stone in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at Stony Brook University in New York led the study. His team found that levels of stress were highest among adults between the ages of twenty-two and twenty-five. The findings showed that stress levels dropped sharply after people reached their fifties. Happiness was highest among the youngest adults and those in their early seventies. The people least likely to report feeling negative emotions were those in their seventies and eighties. The study also showed that men and women have similar emotional patterns as they grow older. However, women at all ages reported more sadness, stress and worry than men. The findings appeared in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Researchers say they do not know why happiness increases as people get older. One theory is that, as people grow older, they grow more thankful for what they have and have better control of their emotions. They also spend less time thinking about bad experiences. Professor Stone says the emotional patterns could be linked to changes in how people see the world, or maybe even changes in brain chemistry. The researchers also considered possible influences like having young children, being unemployed or being single. But they found that influences like these did not affect the levels of happiness and well-being related to age. And that's the
, written by . Tell us what you think about the relationship between happiness and age. You can post comments on our website, , or on Facebook and Twitter at VOA Learning English. I'm .
网友的学习评论(条):
i agree the idea that young people have highist stress.i think my mother and father is happiness .because theirs child is grow up .so they can do things that they enjoy.i wish they can happiness away.
every one will get old ,and i wish that the day i am old also happy
As people grow older ,they grow more thankful for what thay have and have better control of their emotions.
sixties, but
in china, it's quite diffrent,
I agree with the article viewpiont, I also think the elder is happier than the younger. so I wish our younger can happy everyday.
I agree with the researchers' opinion that olders have less stress than youngers.
Yes, elder is easy to get happiness, that is because they grow more thankfull for what they have and have better control of their emotions, in contrast, young people at twenty age group, they stand of the stress of revenue, such as: house / wife / childrens' eduction etc.
Right, the elder almost has nothing to worry:their's heat is full, their's mental is well. They experenced every thing when they were youny. In their time of old, they only need to feel the happiness of life, so they are happier than younyers.
when you become older and older,you have knew a lot of things.you can control your emotions.if something makes you unhappy,you can adjust yourself.but young people can not do this.they do what they want and never think about the results.so there are always regrets for them.i think that is the reason why people increase happiness as people get older
i donot think it is suit for everyone .Different country have different situation.some people may become
anxious and helpless when they are older.Especially in China,as is known to all,chinese
old people who live in countryside almost have any guarantee and insurance.What’s worse ,if they have no son or unfilial son they would have very rough life.
our parents have been busy for so many years,they should have a relaxed old age.And I'm sure, if we work hard,we can have a happy old age ,too.
Having listened to this article,I think happiness is everywhere,it isn't related to ages,the main point is what you think happiness is.But as we know,nowadays,more and more adults are getting worried and stressable becase of mountains of works,but why don't they spare some time for relaxing?
When seeing
the title , I think of the growing up of me . Today is my twentes birthday.
growing older means i must have more responsibilities .
I hope I can grow to ninety and keep fit and happy!
The people who are old are more happpier is because they have finished what they should do in their earlier age.Undoutedly during this period, there are many difficulties or tough things, and these their offsprings should also meet. It is just a kind of metempsychosis.
Wish everyone happy here.
i agree with the article that the olders grow happiness and get thankful for what they have. my parentes are at their seventies, and they enjoy their lives.and they would do anything that they wish.
I agree with the people when we will get oldder,
then we should know how could we expet those thankful for what we have and have better control of our emotions. We also spend less time thinking about bad experiences.
I do not agree with this passage. In my village I often see many old people feel sad and lonely and they worry a lot about their familes.
Different country have different conditions.In my opinion, a great deal of old ages
in our country don't have enouge well-being in their life . Most of them live a poor life and empty mental life.
Well.I'm just too young to see this.I don't know what I'll become when I grow up.But I have seen many TV programs of the Chinese.It shows that old people argue more often in their sixties.And men cannot control their self at sixties too.I'm not sure about this.Maybe,our custom is different from the USA and that cause the difference between the people.

我要回帖

更多关于 means的用法 的文章

随机推荐