its not so badtoo bad,its not so badso sad。

Please click
if you are not redirected within a few seconds.
Disney announces end of princess movies
posted: November 28,
Shares 0Put away the tiara and the pink, puffy dress. The curtain is falling on Disney princess movies.
Disney’s latest release Tangled, the modern take on the Rapunzel story, “will be the last fairy tale produced by Disney’s animation group for the foreseeable future,” according to the .
The brakes have been put on two other fairy tale flicks with female heroines, “The Snow Queen” and “Jack and the Beanstalk,” that were under development.
“Films and genres do run a course,” Pixar Animation Studios chief Ed Catmull, who along with director John Lasseter oversees Disney Animation, told the LA Times. “They may come back later because someone has a fresh take on it … but we don’t have any other musicals or fairy tales lined up.”
Any mother with a with a 3-year-old who insists on wearing her yellow Belle dress to the grocery store might find this hard to believe. Disney princess films probably seem like big money makers if your little girl’s closet is overstuffed with princess dresses, heels, and crowns. Why would Disney close the books on something so wildly popular?
If you have a 7-year-old girl like me you might understand. Kids grow out of the princess phase quickly.
Yes, those two years between ages 3 and 4 when your daughter throws fits if you don’t let her watch Cinderella might seem to drag on forever. But by age 5, most little girls are ready to toss their sparkly tiaras into the trash. My daughter actually broke her tiara into several pieces and refused to wear pink when she turned 5.
Of course, my daughter wanted to see Princess and the Frog and absolutely loved it, but she had no interest in dressing up as Tiana for Halloween. She wanted to be a vampire. And in another year, she’ll probably discover Disney’s tween stars such as the Disney Channel’s Selena Gomez.
And then there’s the problem with boys. The average boy is uninterested in watching Sleeping Beauty. In fact, Disney changed the title of its latest movie from Rapunzel Unbraided to Tangled and focused its marketing on the male hero in an attempt to attract the young male audience. The Princess and the Frog was a hit with critics yet a bust at the box office and Disney execs think that’s because it was perceived as being too girlish.
Disney is now on a path to make films with broader appeal, like those popular Pixar movies starring characters such as Buzz Lightyear and Woody who everyone from 3-year-old Sophia to 13-year-old Jake to 56-year-old Bob falls in love with.
What do you think about the studio’s change of course? Are you sad that Disney is closing the books on its princess fairy tales?
Photo: Disney
Amy Graff lives in San Francisco with her husband, Anthony, and three kids, Paris, 11, and Dante, 9, and Julia,...
Recent posts
Latest in Mom Stories
dd12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031
yyyy <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value=" <option value="
I'm trying to conceive
Enter your email address
Most Popular
Our Bloggers
Claudia Boyd-Barrett is a long-time journalist based in southern California. She writes regularly for the...
Sara McGinnis lives in the Pacific Northwest with her two sons, ages 13 and 11,...
Deidra Romero is a mom of two and a blogger , where she writes...
spends too much time on . She is a first-time mom...
Latest in Pregnancy
Latest in Parenting
Latest in Life
Latest in ProductsSetting the Record Straight
As I’ve said before, I sometimes struggle to raise Tripp.
However, he does NOT use slurs.
On the most recent episode of Life’s a Tripp, the This is not true.Let me be clear.
I’m not proud of what he did say.
Sadly, he used a different “f word.”Lifetime filmed over 12 months (on and off) and they caught a moment on film that would cause any parent to be red in the face.
Tripp is always surrounded by adults – around the campfires with cousins and their friends, at the shop with my dad and his snowmachine buddies.
He’s apparently picked up some language that I’d prefer he not use. On national television or at home.I do oppose gay marriage,
(and the HuffPo points out).
I guess the temptation to label my three year old son is just too great for the lefty papers to resist.
However, one of my
followers made an excellent point.He tweeted that the left tries to hold my three year old son more accountable .In the meantime,
&#8212; with its message of real hope and classic American self-reliance.
If you care more about the fate of our nation and culture than the verbal slips of a three-year-old, please watch.You might also enjoy:Connect with me further by:
Recent Comments
Browse Our Archives Select a CategoryabortioncompassioninspirationlifemilitarypersecutionphotosUncategorized
Select a MonthNovember 2017October 2017September 2017August 2017July 2017June 2017May 2017April 2017March 2017February 2017January 2017December 2016November 2016October 2016September 2016August 2016July 2016June 2016May 2016April 2016March 2016February 2016January 2016December 2015November 2015October 2015September 2015August 2015July 2015June 2015May 2015April 2015March 2015February 2015January 2015December 2014November 2014October 2014September 2014August 2014July 2014June 2014May 2014April 2014March 2014February 2014January 2014December 2013November 2013October 2013September 2013August 2013July 2013June 2013May 2013April 2013March 2013February 2013January 2013December 2012November 2012October 2012September 2012August 2012July 2012June 2012May 2012April 2012March 2012
Follow Us!
get the latest fromBristol Palin Sign up for our newsletter
POPULAR AT PATHEOS Politics Red1
Related posts from Bristol Palin
TRENDING AT
PATHEOS Politics Red
What Are Your Thoughts?leave a comment
{COUNT}Shares
Copyright , Patheos. All rights reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 its not so bad 的文章

随机推荐