walking overwall to picture hanging on the opposite wall

He painted his horses to show the moving hair on their backs. 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
He painted his horses ______ to show the moving hair on their backs.
in a creative way
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:必修一导练英语外研版 外研版
  Vincent Van Gogh is often remembered as the painter who cut off his ear in a fit of passion.He was a lonely man who often   1   without food in order to buy paints, a man with few friends and a   2   temper.Van Gogh’s strong emotions not only   3   his life, but his paintings.Many of Van Gogh’s paintings were   4   by warm, yellow sunlight because he loved how it could   5   the world in different ways.His painting Sunflowers for example, is   6   yellows and browns.These colors give the painting a   7   of warmth.However, the sunflowers are   8   dead and dying.
  The result is a painting that   9   the warmth of life that Van Gogh loved with the feelings of   10   that were all around him.It is a painting that is warm, beautiful and sad, all at the same time.
  Van Gogh’s most famous painting, The Starry Night,   11   this mixture of joy and sadness one step   12  .It is a landscape full of deep   13   and shadows which showed the sadness Van Gogh was feeling as he was painting,   14   what he was actually seeing.
  This is why Van Gogh’s   15   in his painting look more imagined than real.The stars and moon in The Starry Night are   16   bright, their light swirling above the darkening hills.A tree that looks like black fire cuts through the   17   of the night, interrupting its beauty.
  Because of his wild emotions, Van Gogh was not   18   during his life.He sold only one painting.However, people today who stand in front of Sunflowers or The Starry Night can   19   the same joy and sadness Van Gogh once did,   20   he painted those deep blues and sunny yellows.
filled with
communicates
excitement
rather than
other than
as well as
in addition
accordingly
environment
surroundings
understood
experience
题型:阅读理解
There lived a king who liked art. One day an artist offered to& paint the most beautiful picture in the world on the wall of his palace. So he king said, “ All right, you may work on one of the walls in the new hall. ” Just then, another artist said, “Please allow me to work on the opposite wall. I shall make exactly what that man will make on the opposite wall. Moreover, I shall do so without looking at his work. I would even request you to have a thick curtain put up between the two walls so the either of us cannot see the other. ” Everyone in the king’s court, including the king and the first artist was surprised. So the king decided to give the man a chance. The following day, a thick curtain was put into place and both the artists got to work. The first artist brought in a regular supply of paint, oil and water. But the second one would come with a cloth and a bucket of water every day. A month later the first artist said that his work was completed and invited the king to come. So the king sent the message to the second artist, saying he was coming to see their works that evening. After seeing the first artist’s wall, the king was very impressed with the painting and gave him a huge sum of money as a reward. He then asked for the curtain to be opened up. The same painting was seen on the opposite wall too! It was exactly like the one on the first wall. But this man had not seen what was going on, on the other side of the curtain. The man said simply, “It’s very easy I just polished the wall every day! ” It was a wall made of white marble. The fellow polished it till it shone like a mirror. The reflection of the painting across the room showed up in it! 56.A thick curtain was put up between the two walls in order to __________.
A.help them concentrate on their work B.keep the first artist’s painting a secret C.prevent their painting from being seen D.make it hard for them to exchange ideas 57.Why did the first artist receive a huge sum of money from the king? A.His painting satisfied the king. B.His painting was the best the king has ever seen. C.He painted better than the second artist. D.The king promised to give him a reward. 58.How was the king feeling when he saw the second wall ? A.Surprised and excited.&&&&&&&&&& B. Fascinated and doubtful. C.Satisfied and curious.&&&&&&&&&&& D. The paintings on the wall. 59.What would be best title of the text?&&&&&&& . A.A king who loved art&&&&&&&&&&& B.Two artists and the king C.Whose painting is better?&&&&&&& D.The painting on the wall
来源:学年贵州省高二上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
&Once a farmer had some puppies to sell. He painteda(n)____ advertising the pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge ofhisyard.____he was driving the last nail into the post,he felt a sudden pull on his trousers.He____down intothe eyes of a little boy.“Mister,”he said,“I want to buy one of your puppies.”“Well,”said the farmer,as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his___,“these puppies come from fine parents and____ a gooddeal of money.”The boy____his head for a moment. Then reaching deepinto his pocket,he pulled out a handful of____and held itup to the farmer. “I’ve got thirty&nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?”“Sure,”said the farmer.And with that he____a whistle,“Here,Dolly!”he called.____from the doghouse and down the road ranDolly____by four little balls of fur. As the dogs made their____to the fence,the little boy noticed something else moving insidethe doghouse.____another little ball appeared,thisone noticeably smaller. The little pup began walking unsteadily toward theothers,doing its best to____.“I want that one,”the littleboy said,____at the runt (矮个子).The farmer knelt down at the boy’s side and said,“Son,you____want that puppy.He will never be able to____and play with you as other dogs would.”With that the little boy____back from the fence,reached down,and beganrolling up one leg of his____.In doing so he showed a steel brace(支柱) running down both sides of his leg attaching itselfto a____made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer,hesaid,“You see,sir,I don’t run too well myself,and he will need someone who understands.”& The____isfull of people who need someone who understands.1.A.sight&&&&&&&&&&&& B.paper&&&&&&&&&& &&&C.information& &&& D.sign2.A.Then&&&&&&&&&&& B.Before&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.As&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.After3.A.put&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.looked&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.knelt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.stared4.A.nose&&&&&&&&&&& B.neck&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.head&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.face5.A.spend&&&&&&&&& B.spare&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.cost6.A.raised&&&&&&&&& B.lifted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.fell&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.dropped7.A.notes&&&&&&&&&& B.change&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.sugar&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.goods8.A.let out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.carried out C.put out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.left out9.A.Up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Over&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.In10.A.came&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.followed&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.went&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.caught11.A.step&&&&&&&&&& B.way&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.walk&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.drive12.A.Quickly&&&& B.Slowly&&&&&&&&& C.Oddly&&&&&&&&&& D.Sadly13.A.get up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.stand up&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.catch up&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.move up14.A.moving&&&&& B.pointing&&&&&& &&&C.calling&&&&&&&&&& D.turning15.A.mustn’t&&&& B.don’t&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.can’t&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.needn’t16.A.run&&&&&&&&&&& B.sit&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.walk&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.stand17.A.stepped&&& B.talked&&&&&&&&& C.climbed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.fell18.A.clothes&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.dresses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.sweaters&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.trousers19.A.simply&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.specially&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.carefully&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.newly20.A.farm&&&&&&&&& B.country&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.city&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.world&
来源:西藏拉萨中学学年高二第七次月考试题(英语)
The Peales were a famous family of Americanartists. Charles Willson Peale is best remembered for his portraits of leadingfigures of the American Revolution. He painted portraits of Franklin andJefferson and over a dozen of George Washington. His life-size portrait of hissons Raphaelle and Titian was so realistic that George Washington reportedlyonce tipped his hat to the figures in the picture.Charles Willson Peale gave up painting inhis middle age and devoted his life to the Peale museum, which he founded inPhiladelphia. The world’s first popular museum of art and natural sciencemainly covered paintings by Peale and his family as well as displays of animalsin their natural settings. Peale found the animals himself and found a methodto make the exhibits more lifelike. The museum’s most popular display was theskeleton (骷髅) of ahuge, extinct(灭绝的)elephant,which Peale unearthed on a New York farm in 1801.Three of Peale’s seventeen children werealso famous artists. Paphaelle Peale often painted still lives of flowers,fruit, and cheese. His brother Rembrandt studied under his father and paintedportraits of many noted people, including one of George Washington. Anotherbrother, Rubens Peale, painted mostly landscapes and portraits.James Peale, the brother of Charles WillsonPeale, specialized in miniatures (小画像). His daughter Sarah Miriam Peale was probably the firstprofessional female portrait painter in America.1. What is the main topic of the passage?A. The life of Charles WillsonPeale.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. Portraits in the 18th century.C. The PealeMuseum.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. A family of artists. 2. The author mentions in Paragraph 1 thatWashington tipped his hat to the figures in the painting to show that ________.A. Charles Willson Peale’s painting wasvery lifelikeB. Washington respected Charles WillsonPeale’s workC. Washington was friendly with Raphaelleand Titian PealeD. the painting of the two brothers wasvery large 3. The underlined word “unearthed” isclosest in meaning to“ ______”.A. showed&&&&&&&&&&&B. dugup&&&&&&&&&&C.invented&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.looked over4. Which of the following is NOT the childof Charles Willson Peale?A. Titian Peale.&&&B. RubensPeale.& C. Raphaelle Peale.&&&&& D. Sarah MiriamPeale.5. The author’s attitude toward the Pealesis in general _______.A. puzzled&&&&&&&&&&&B. excited&&&&&&&&&&C. admiring&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.disappointed&
来源:2010年广东省高二上学期第一次段考英语卷
A farmerhad some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the pups andset about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving thelast nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into thesad eyes of a little boy.“Mister,&he said, &I want to buy one of your puppies.&&&Well,&said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat of the back of his neck, “these puppiescome from fine parents and cost a good deal of money.& The boydropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulledout a handful of change and held it up to the farmer. &I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?” &&Sure,&said the farmer. And withthat he let out a whistle. &Here, Dolly!& he called. Out fromthe doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur.The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes dancedwith delight. As thedogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something elsestirring inside the doghouse. Slowly another
this onenoticeably smaller. Down theramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobblingtoward the others, doing its best to catch up.... &Iwant that one,& the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The farmerknelt down at the boy's side and said, &Son, you don't want that puppy. Hewill never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would.& With thatthe little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling upone leg of his trousers. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running downboth sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking backup at the farmer, he said, &You see sir, I don't run too well myself, andhe will need someone who understands.& With tearsin his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup. Holding itcarefully he handed it to the little boy. &Howmuch?& asked the little boy. &Nocharge,& answered the farmer, &There's no charge for love.& The worldis full of people who need someone who understands. It's National FriendshipWeek. 1.How manybaby pups did the farmer have for sale?& A.3&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.4&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 5&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. 62.Why didthe farmer agree to sell the boy one of the puppies?& A.The boy had the money to buy one. && & B.There were few people wanting to buy a dog.& C.The farmer felt sorry for the boy. &&&&&&&&&&&& & D.The farmer wanted to get rid of the dogs quickly.3. Whichof the following words is closest in meaning to the underlined word “hobbling”?& A.strolling.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.crawling.& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.limping.& &&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.running.4.Why didthe boy finally choose the “ hobbling” pup?& A.He feared the farmer would kill it.& &&&&&&&&& & B.He thought no one else would buy that pup.& C.He believed it was the cutest of the pups. &&&&&&&&& D. He could identify with this pup.5.Whatwould be the most suitable title for this passage?& A.Man’s Best Friend&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&B. Puppy For Sale.&&&&&&& & C.Perfect Match.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Love at First Sight.&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
in,by与over的区别时间钱常有介词in,by,over.一般over与其他两个的区别是什么
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
IN介词 prep.在…里;在…中 word that shows where or what place · There is no cloud in the sky.晴空万里无云.· Glasgow is in Scotland.格拉斯哥在苏格兰.副词 adv.向内;进入 word that shows where someone or something is going · He just looked in for a moment.他只是(在门外)往里头看了看.· Come in.进来.· Step in,please.请进来.副词 adv.在内;在家;在办公室 word that shows where someone or something is · Is your brother in or has he gone to the match?你弟弟是在家还是看球赛去了?· "Is Mr.Smith in?" "No,he's gone out for lunch!" “史密斯先生在家吗?”“不在,他出去吃午饭去了.” AT介词 prep.(表示地点)在… word that shows where · I met my uncle at the bus stop.我在公共汽车站碰到了我叔叔.· I live at High Street.我住在海街.· I met a friend at the theatre.我在剧院遇见了一个朋友.· My mother is a teacher at the village school.我母亲是乡村学校的老师.· Isabel is at home.依莎贝尔在家里.· He is at the door.他在门口.· He is waiting at the gate.他正在大门口等着.· He stood at the corner of the street.他站在街道的拐角处.· He stands at the end of the street.他站在大街的那头.· The little girl skipped along at her mother's side.小女孩跟在她母亲身旁一蹦一跳地走着 ON介词 prep.(表示地点)在…上 word that shows where · The books are on the table.书在桌子上.· I think the picture would look better on the opposite wall.我想这张画挂在对面墙上的话看起来会好些 介词 prep.在…之旁;接近 along or by,near or close to · Paris is on the Seine.巴黎位于塞因河边.· He lives in a house on the main road.他住在大路边的一栋房子里.词 adv.在上 word that shows where · But the Emperor has nothing on!可是皇帝什么也没穿呀!· There was so much wind that I had to hold my hat on.风太大了,我只好把帽子按在头顶上.· Put your hat on.戴上帽子 BY 介词 prep.在…旁;靠近 beside · Our teacher was sitting by the window.我们的老师正坐在窗户旁边.· Stand by me!站到我的身旁来!· We spent our holiday by the sea.我们在海边度假.副词 adv.在旁边 near · He gave me a story book when nobody was by.当附近无人的时候他把小说给了我.看完这些你一定会知道它们的区别.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码There lived a king who liked art. One day an artist offered to paint the mostbeautiful picture in the world on the wall of his palace.So the king said, “All right, you may work on one of the walls in the new hall.” Just then, another artist said, “ Please allow me to work on the opposite wall. I shall make exactly what that man will make on the opposite wall. Moreover, I shall do so without looking at his work. I would even request you to have a thick curtain put up between the two walls so the either of us cann’t see the other.” Everyone in the king’s court, including the king and the first artist was surprised. So the king decided to give the man a chance. The following day a thick curtain was put into place and both the artists got to work. The first artist brought in a regular supply of paint, oil and water. But the second one would come with a cloth and a bucket of water every day. A month later the first artist said that his work was completed and invited the king to come. So the king sent the message to the second artist, saying he was coming to see their works that evening. After seeing the first artist’s wall, the king was very impressed with the painting and gave him a huge sum of money as a reward. He then asked for the curtain to be opened up. The same painting was seen on the opposite wall too! It was exactly like the one on the first wall. But this man had not seen what was going on, on the other side of the curtain. The man said simply, “It’s very easy I just polished the wall every day!” It was a wall made of white marble. The fellow polished it till it shone like a mirror.
The reflection of the painting across the room showed up in it!小题1:A thick curtain was put up between the two walls in order to _____________.A.help them concentrate on their work.B.keep the first artist’s painting a secret.C.prevent their painting from being seen.D.make it hare for them exchange ideas.小题2:Why did the first artist receive a large sum of money from the king?A.His painting satisfied the king.B.His painting was the best the king has ever seen.C.He painted better than the second artist.D.The king promised to give him a reward.小题3:How was the king feeling when he saw second wall?A.Surprised and excited.B.Fascinated and doubtful.C.Satisfied and curious.D.The paintings on the wall.小题4:What would be the best title of the text? _____________A.A king who loved art.B.Two artists and the king.C.Whose painting is better?D.The painting on the wall. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:There lived a king who liked art. One day an artist offered to paint the mostbeautiful picture in the world on the wall of his palace.So the king said, “All right, you may work on one of the walls in the new hall.” Just then, another artist said, “ Please allow me to work on the opposite wall. I shall make exactly what that man will make on the opposite wall. Moreover, I shall do so without looking at his work. I would even request you to have a thick curtain put up between the two walls so the either of us cann’t see the other.” Everyone in the king’s court, including the king and the first artist was surprised. So the king decided to give the man a chance. The following day a thick curtain was put into place and both the artists got to work. The first artist brought in a regular supply of paint, oil and water. But the second one would come with a cloth and a bucket of water every day. A month later the first artist said that his work was completed and invited the king to come. So the king sent the message to the second artist, saying he was coming to see their works that evening. After seeing the first artist’s wall, the king was very impressed with the painting and gave him a huge sum of money as a reward. He then asked for the curtain to be opened up. The same painting was seen on the opposite wall too! It was exactly like the one on the first wall. But this man had not seen what was going on, on the other side of the curtain. The man said simply, “It’s very easy I just polished the wall every day!” It was a wall made of white marble. The fellow polished it till it shone like a mirror.
The reflection of the painting across the room showed up in it!小题1:A thick curtain was put up between the two walls in order to _____________.A.help them concentrate on their work.B.keep the first artist’s painting a secret.C.prevent their painting from being seen.D.make it hare for them exchange ideas.小题2:Why did the first artist receive a large sum of money from the king?A.His painting satisfied the king.B.His painting was the best the king has ever seen.C.He painted better than the second artist.D.The king promised to give him a reward.小题3:How was the king feeling when he saw second wall?A.Surprised and excited.B.Fascinated and doubtful.C.Satisfied and curious.D.The paintings on the wall.小题4:What would be the best title of the text? _____________A.A king who loved art.B.Two artists and the king.C.Whose painting is better?D.The painting on the wall.There lived a king who liked art. One day an artist offered to paint the mostbeautiful picture in the world on the wall of his palace.So the king said, “All right, you may work on one of the walls in the new hall.” Just then, another artist said, “ Please allow me to work on the opposite wall. I shall make exactly what that man will make on the opposite wall. Moreover, I shall do so without looking at his work. I would even request you to have a thick curtain put up between the two walls so the either of us cann’t see the other.” Everyone in the king’s court, including the king and the first artist was surprised. So the king decided to give the man a chance. The following day a thick curtain was put into place and both the artists got to work. The first artist brought in a regular supply of paint, oil and water. But the second one would come with a cloth and a bucket of water every day. A month later the first artist said that his work was completed and invited the king to come. So the king sent the message to the second artist, saying he was coming to see their works that evening. After seeing the first artist’s wall, the king was very impressed with the painting and gave him a huge sum of money as a reward. He then asked for the curtain to be opened up. The same painting was seen on the opposite wall too! It was exactly like the one on the first wall. But this man had not seen what was going on, on the other side of the curtain. The man said simply, “It’s very easy I just polished the wall every day!” It was a wall made of white marble. The fellow polished it till it shone like a mirror.
The reflection of the painting across the room showed up in it!小题1:A thick curtain was put up between the two walls in order to _____________.A.help them concentrate on their work.B.keep the first artist’s painting a secret.C.prevent their painting from being seen.D.make it hare for them exchange ideas.小题2:Why did the first artist receive a large sum of money from the king?A.His painting satisfied the king.B.His painting was the best the king has ever seen.C.He painted better than the second artist.D.The king promised to give him a reward.小题3:How was the king feeling when he saw second wall?A.Surprised and excited.B.Fascinated and doubtful.C.Satisfied and curious.D.The paintings on the wall.小题4:What would be the best title of the text? _____________A.A king who loved art.B.Two artists and the king.C.Whose painting is better?D.The painting on the wall.科目:最佳答案小题1:B小题2:A小题3:C小题4:D解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心

我要回帖

更多关于 overwall 的文章

随机推荐