用sbbe depressed atarget sth at sb/ be depressed to do sth造句

& Unit知识点 & “Depressed people can...”习题详情
184位同学学习过此题,做题成功率77.7%
Depressed people can be very difficult to be around,and yet they need more than the usual amount of support and understanding from their friends and family.The anger and lack of concern that a depressed person may have for people close to him or her can be very disturbing to someone who's trying to help.At such times,the sincerity of a friend or a family member is questioned when the depressed person doesn't feel worthy of someone's friendship.Withdrawal from others can make it nearly impossible to encourage a depressed person to enter into activities that may help pull him or her out of the depression.It is frequently difficult for a depressed person to carry on a conversation.Attempts to help may be met with defensiveness and verbal attacks.While being supportive and understanding,the friend of a family member must be careful not to do too many things for the depressed person.There is a very thin line between being supportive and being overly protective.Too much“doing for” can be a disservice(帮倒忙).You can best help a friend or relative who is depressed by considering the following points:◆Do not moralize.Don't pressure him or her to “put on a happy face,” or to “snap out of it.” Often the person will feel even worse after hearing such words.◆When you are alone with your depressed friend,you might say something like,“I've noticed lately that you seem down.I care about you and would like to listen to what you're thinking about.” Then be a good listener.◆Don't say,“I know exactly how you feel.” You probably don't.But if you've had similar experiences,sharing those may help.Say things like,“This happened to me.It might help you.” Or “I know some of what you must be feeling.”◆Urge him or her to get professional help if necessary.Offer to accompany your friend on the first visit if it will be easier for the person.【小题1】.The above passage is mainly intended for &&&&.A.a doctor who works with a depressed personB.a depressed personC.one who lives with a depressed personD.an expert who gives advice to a depressed person【小题2】Too much “doing for” can &&&&.A.cause more severe depressionB.give the depressed person courageC.result in defensiveness from the depressed personD.be of no help to the depressed person【小题3】What are you advised to say to a depressed person?A.Try to look happy and you'll be better.B.I know exactly how you feel.C.I had a similar experience.And it might help you.D.Cheer up and get rid of your depression.【小题4】We can infer from the second paragraph that a depressed person &&&&.A.is willing to appreciate the sincerity of a friend or a family memberB.has a sense of pride of his ownC.may do something unreasonable to your friendshipD.is likely to doubt the purpose of a friend or family memberC&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2014-外研版选修7同步训练:综合仿真测试3-4英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“Depressed people can be very difficult to be around,and yet they need more than the usual amount of suppo...”的分析与解答如下所示:
【小题1】答案 C [推理判断题。从文章中间You can best help a friend or relative who is depressed by considering the following points可知,只有C项符合逻辑。]【小题2】答案 D [细节理解题。理解文章第三段最后一句可知,为抑郁症病人做太多的事情会帮倒忙。]you've had similar experiences,sharing those may help。]【小题3】答案 C [推理判断题。综合文章后半部分各处的信息可知,C项符合文章的叙述But if 【小题4】答案 C [推理判断题。从文章第二段可知,你关心抑郁症病人时,他们有时候会向你发火,不领情。]
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
Depressed people can be very difficult to be around,and yet they need more than the usual amount of ...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
经过分析,习题“Depressed people can be very difficult to be around,and yet they need more than the usual amount of suppo...”主要考察你对“Unit4 Sharing”“Unit 3 The world online”“Module 3 Literature”
等考点的理解。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
Unit4 Sharing
Unit 3 The world online
Module 3 Literature
与“Depressed people can be very difficult to be around,and yet they need more than the usual amount of suppo...”相似的题目:
Adult Basic Education (ABE) and GED PreparationTask:The Adult Basic Education Department serves a huge population of learners. Our task is to teach basic skills and help learners to get more knowledge to function effectively as a family member, citizen, worker, and lifelong learner in a changing world.Description:ABE is a non-credit program of self-improvement designed to improve basic skills for students who are of different educational level. Development of reading, writing, and math& skills are paid special attention to, as well as life skills, employability, and technology. Students without a high school diploma(文凭)also have the opportunity to prepare for the GED exams in the five subject areas writing, social studies, science, literature, and math. Prerequisites (条件):ABE classes are open to anyone 18 or over who desires to improve basic reading, writing, and math skills at the pre-college level. Students who are 16 or 17 must first obtain an official release( 证书) from high school before attending class.To be accepted, students must attend an Educational Planning Session. During the Educational Planning Session students will be given an overview of the ABE programs as well as PCC policies, fees, etc. Students will also have their reading, writing, and math abilities assessed (评估) during the Educational Planning Session The results of their assessment will help the teachers develop individual programs of study for students to guide them toward their personal goals. Students needing special help must get in touch with the Office for Students with Disabilities (503-977-4341) at least two weeks before the session is held.Courses:&&【小题1】The ABE Department serves an aim to&&&&.A.provide learners with basic knowledge and skills to fit in with societyB.help learners successfully get a job in a changing worldC.offer diplomas to those who fail to finish secondary educationD.provide students with opportunities to prepare for the GED exams【小题2】A 17-year-old is not accepted to ABE classes only because he&&&&.A.is below 18B.can't offer a high school diplomaC.has left school without official permissionD.is assessed as poor in learning performances【小题3】What is the Educational Planning Session intended for?A.Providing special help to disabled students.B.Helping students be better at the four basic skills.C.Finding out whether they can be accepted to ABE classes.D.An assessment of students' basic skill levels.【小题4】Different courses are offered to different students according to &&&&. A.their own choicesB.the assessments during the Educational Planning SessionC.their performances in schoolD.how much they pay for the courses&&&&
Every morning, he was running &&&& with his father.side in sideside by sideside to sideside with side
Can you imagine that a smart man like him &&&& make such a stupid mistake?mightshouldwouldneed
“Depressed people can...”的最新评论
该知识点好题
该知识点易错题
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“Depressed people can be very difficult to be around,and yet they need more than the usual amount of support and understanding from their friends and family.The anger and lack of concern that a depressed person may have for people close to him or her can be very disturbing to someone who's trying to help.At such times,the sincerity of a friend or a family member is questioned when the depressed person doesn't feel worthy of someone's friendship.Withdrawal from others can make it nearly impossible to encourage a depressed person to enter into activities that may help pull him or her out of the depression.It is frequently difficult for a depressed person to carry on a conversation.Attempts to help may be met with defensiveness and verbal attacks.While being supportive and understanding,the friend of a family member must be careful not to do too many things for the depressed person.There is a very thin line between being supportive and being overly protective.Too much“doing for” can be a disservice(帮倒忙).You can best help a friend or relative who is depressed by considering the following points:◆Do not moralize.Don't pressure him or her to “put on a happy face,” or to “snap out of it.” Often the person will feel even worse after hearing such words.◆When you are alone with your depressed friend,you might say something like,“I've noticed lately that you seem down.I care about you and would like to listen to what you're thinking about.” Then be a good listener.◆Don't say,“I know exactly how you feel.” You probably don't.But if you've had similar experiences,sharing those may help.Say things like,“This happened to me.It might help you.” Or “I know some of what you must be feeling.”◆Urge him or her to get professional help if necessary.Offer to accompany your friend on the first visit if it will be easier for the person.【小题1】.The above passage is mainly intended for ____.A.a doctor who works with a depressed personB.a depressed personC.one who lives with a depressed personD.an expert who gives advice to a depressed person【小题2】Too much “doing for” can ____.A.cause more severe depressionB.give the depressed person courageC.result in defensiveness from the depressed personD.be of no help to the depressed person【小题3】What are you advised to say to a depressed person?A.Try to look happy and you'll be better.B.I know exactly how you feel.C.I had a similar experience.And it might help you.D.Cheer up and get rid of your depression.【小题4】We can infer from the second paragraph that a depressed person ____.A.is willing to appreciate the sincerity of a friend or a family memberB.has a sense of pride of his ownC.may do something unreasonable to your friendshipD.is likely to doubt the purpose of a friend or family member”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“Depressed people can be very difficult to be around,and yet they need more than the usual amount of support and understanding from their friends and family.The anger and lack of concern that a depressed person may have for people close to him or her can be very disturbing to someone who's trying to help.At such times,the sincerity of a friend or a family member is questioned when the depressed person doesn't feel worthy of someone's friendship.Withdrawal from others can make it nearly impossible to encourage a depressed person to enter into activities that may help pull him or her out of the depression.It is frequently difficult for a depressed person to carry on a conversation.Attempts to help may be met with defensiveness and verbal attacks.While being supportive and understanding,the friend of a family member must be careful not to do too many things for the depressed person.There is a very thin line between being supportive and being overly protective.Too much“doing for” can be a disservice(帮倒忙).You can best help a friend or relative who is depressed by considering the following points:◆Do not moralize.Don't pressure him or her to “put on a happy face,” or to “snap out of it.” Often the person will feel even worse after hearing such words.◆When you are alone with your depressed friend,you might say something like,“I've noticed lately that you seem down.I care about you and would like to listen to what you're thinking about.” Then be a good listener.◆Don't say,“I know exactly how you feel.” You probably don't.But if you've had similar experiences,sharing those may help.Say things like,“This happened to me.It might help you.” Or “I know some of what you must be feeling.”◆Urge him or her to get professional help if necessary.Offer to accompany your friend on the first visit if it will be easier for the person.【小题1】.The above passage is mainly intended for ____.A.a doctor who works with a depressed personB.a depressed personC.one who lives with a depressed personD.an expert who gives advice to a depressed person【小题2】Too much “doing for” can ____.A.cause more severe depressionB.give the depressed person courageC.result in defensiveness from the depressed personD.be of no help to the depressed person【小题3】What are you advised to say to a depressed person?A.Try to look happy and you'll be better.B.I know exactly how you feel.C.I had a similar experience.And it might help you.D.Cheer up and get rid of your depression.【小题4】We can infer from the second paragraph that a depressed person ____.A.is willing to appreciate the sincerity of a friend or a family memberB.has a sense of pride of his ownC.may do something unreasonable to your friendshipD.is likely to doubt the purpose of a friend or family member”相似的习题。DedeCMS Error Warning!
Error page: /p_brohbcxxyrbrclde976h6b8j.html
Error infos: DedeCms错误警告:连接数据库失败,可能数据库密码不对或数据库服务器出错!design sb./sth.to do sth.造句_百度知道
design sb./sth.to do sth.造句
design sb./sth.to do sth.造句
我有更好的答案
We may be able to design a course to suit your particular needs 我们或许可以专门设计一门课程以满足你的特殊需求。望采纳
采纳率:63%
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
造句的相关知识
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。江苏省扬州中学2016届高三英语高考押题&考前指导
一、听力题的解题技巧
1.浏览试题,学会预测话题。
高考英语听力测试的对话或短文的测试点一般都集中体现在一些主要信息上,在听力测试开始前,或每段对话后的十秒钟的间隔时间,我们应迅速浏览每小题的题干和选项,搜索出答题可能涉及的相关信息,并据此有意识地预测对话或短文的内容或可能隐藏的答题需的重要信息。
2.合理分配注意力。
在高考英语听力测试中,由于成篇的听力材料的信息量大且集中,中间又夹杂着大量的冗余信息,在听录音时,要养成听前抢读、听中边听边记、抓关键词等技巧,科学合理地分配注意力,可以有效地提高听力测试成绩。 
3.运用归纳、分析、综合等技巧推断最佳答案。
纵观近几年高考英语听力试题,整体听力材料所提供的信息越来越大,句子长,结构复杂,所设问题综合性强。我们往往不能从材料中直接听到选项答案。不少答案需要我们能够在理解录音材料大意、掌握其中重要细节的基础上,再经过分析、判断,才能选出最佳答案。
4.了解文体特点,注意结构层次
一般情况下,整体听力材料第6-10段中都有一段独白材料,我们在听这段材料时,如果能够充分了解短文的文体特点和结构层次,将有助于我们在听的过程中分清主次,将注意力集中在关键语句(主题句)和与问题有关的内容上来。
听力题的解题陷阱
试题:How much
will the woman pay if she buys two skirts?&&&&& A. $18&&&
B. $19&&&& C. $20
错答:A&&&&&&&&&&
陷阱:本题是数字陷阱。很多同学容易听成买一件就便宜1美元,导致计算时变成$18,而误选A。
附录音材料:W:
Very nice skirts. How much are they?
M: $10 each and $1 off if people
buy two. They’re on sale.
试题:What will
the speakers discuss?&&&&& A. A report. &&&&&&
B. A computer.& C. A report on computer.
错答:B&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
陷阱:本题是信息先后陷阱。由于正确答案处于对话的开始,很多同学没有引起注意,只听到my
new computer的信息,所以导致很多同学误选B。&
附录音材料:
M: I know you want to talk about this report. But
I’d like to talk about my new computer.
W: Let’s keep to the point. We can talk about that
later. All right?
试题:How did
the man find the lecture?&&&&& A. Good. &&&&&&
B. Boring.&&&&& &&&&&& C.
错答:B&&&&&&&&&&
陷阱:本题是信息理解陷阱。“it
was worth the time”表示听这个讲座的时间花得值。但有的同学由于没有理解这个信息,导致误选B。
附录音材料: W:
Was the lecture as good as you had expected?
M: Oh, it was worth the time.
W: I thought so. The speaker is one of the greatest
scientists in today’s world.
试题:What will
Susan do very soon?& A. Leave Beijing. B. Go to Beijing. C. Take a job in
错答:C&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
陷阱:本题是人物对象陷阱。应是Susan的丈夫“Take a job in Beijing”,而不是Susan本人。Susan应是“Go
to Beijing”去陪她的丈夫。附录音材料:
M: I met Mary in the street today.
W: Really? Did she say anything about Susan?
M: Yes. She ought to be leaving Shanghai very soon,
because her husband has taken a job in Beijing.
试题:What does
the woman want the man to do?
&&&&& A. Repair the bookshelf
for her.&&&&&& &&&&&&
B. Put the books on the shelf.&&&&&& &&&&&&
C. Put the books on the floor.
错答:B&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
陷阱:本题是字词陷阱。由于没有理解fix(=repair)的词义,导致误选B。附录音材料:
W: Could you help me fix the broken bookshelf now?
I have put all my books on the floor.
M: Yes, of course.
记下我此时的心得:
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________
二、单项选择题的解题技巧
1、抓住信息词汇,分析语境,明确考点。
单项填空题一般都有一定的语境,因此一定要细心读完整题,结合信息词所给的提示,弄清题目的意图,找出解决问题的突破口。只有这样正确判断,才可选出最佳答案。
Mary kept weighing herself to see how much ______ she was getting.
A. heavier& &&&&&
&&&&&& B. heavy& &&&& &&&&&&
C. the heavier &&&&&& D. the heaviest
本题检测在特定语境中对形容词同级比较结构的掌握和运用。为了能够准确、地道的表达传递信息,必须掌握合乎规范要求的语法结构与表达方式。本句意在表达“Mary
总是在称体重,意在看体重增加了多少。”因此是在原有体重和增加体重之间有对比关系。另外,much
修饰比较级,也是个信息词,所以选择&heavier .答案为A。
例2 ― Really? Who will give _______ lecture? And about
Professor Chen, ________ president of the Beijing University , on the environment
protection.
A. the& &&
&&&&&& &&&&&& B. the
; a&& && &&&&&& C. /&&
&&&&& &&&&&& D. /
本句考查冠词用法。解题时由信息词Really
?可知事先对方已经告诉了有关讲座的事情。因此询问“谁将作讲座”时应是第二次提到,故用定冠词the
,而第二空表示头衔和职位的名词充当同位语时前面一般不用冠词,因此选D。
2、排除种种思维定势的干扰。
语法规则定势;固定短语搭配定势;母语思维定势等都会影响学生的选择。在高考中,各题的干扰项都是经过精心设计编制而成的,所以学生要注意平时学习中常出现的错误;尤其要注意不受本族语的影响,重视语言差异。因为不同的民族的文化背景、风俗习惯、思维方式和语言表达方式,形成英汉两种语言在表达上也有很大的差异,所以绝对不可用中文的思维模式来解决英语的有关问题,尤其是在情景对话中。如:
― Waiter! &&&&&&
&&&&&& ― ___________.&&
&&&&&& ― I
can’t eat this .It’s too salty
A. Yes?& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. What? &&&&&&
&&&&&& C. Pardon?&&&& &&&&&&
本题考查对别人呼唤的应答方式,英语中应用Yes?
而不是What? 或Pardon?
― Hi, haven’t seen you for ages! You look
_______ . You look well, too.
A. Great& &&&
&&&&&& B. Thanks& && &&&&&&
C. Oh,no& & &&&&&&
D. Not at all
有的学生受中国传统文化的影响,很可能选C项。但是对于别人的赞美或表扬,英美人不像中国人那样“客气”,而是常用thank you 之类的答谢语。因此答案为B。
I agree with most of what you said , but I don’t agree with ________.
A. everything&& &&&&&&
B. anything& &&&&&& C. something& &&&&&
D. nothing
本题考查不定代词的用法。很多学生因为受中文翻译的影响。可能错选B。因为anything 表示“任何事情”。但是anything
在否定句中与not 相连用时其实是全否定。意思是“我不同意你所说的任何事情。”因此与前句产生矛盾。原句意思应该是“并不是你说的任何一样事情(即每一样事情)我都同意。”这与I
agree with most of what you said .相一致。所以应用A项。
Which do you enjoy __________ your weekend , going skating or playing video games?
A. spending& &&&
&&&&&& B. to spend& & &&&&&&
C. spent& &&&&& &&&&&&
D. to be spent
由于容易受语法思维定势影响,enjoy
后面往往接动名词,所以有些学生就不加思索地选A。其实本句enjoy
的宾语是which ,而to
spend your weekend 是作状语成分,因此应选不定式形式。B为正确答案。
7 Anyway, that evening, ________ I’ll tell
you more about later, I ended up staying at Rachel’s place.
A. when&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. where& &&&& &&&&&&
C. what&& &&&& &&&&&&
本题考查定语从句中关系词的选择。很多学生看到that
evening 一词,受思维定势影响就会选择A项。其实分析一下that
evening 在非限制性定语从句中的成分可知,that evening 是tell you more about 后的宾语。因此应用关系代词which
The home improvements have taken what little there is _______ my spare time.
A. in& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. from& &&&&&
&&&&&& C. of& && &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. at
学生往往会受in
one’s spare time 固定搭配的影响,在没有弄清句子结构的情况下错选A。其实后面的句子可以还原为What little of my spare time there
is !little 在本句中是不定代词,相当于little time ,常与of 搭配。因此选C。
3、善于改变句式,尽量化繁为简,化难为易。
解题时不妨将疑问句变成陈述句、将省略句补完整、将被动句式变成主动句式、将复合句变成简单句、强调句变成一般句式或将插入语成分剔除,抓住句子的主干成分。这样试题难度降低了,学生会迎刃而解。
Is this factory _________ you visited last year?
A. to which& &&&
B. the one& && &&&&&& C. that&&
&&&&& &&&&&& D. where
如果将本句还原成陈述句的话,即This
factory is _____ you visited last year .不难看出本句中缺少的是定语从句前的被修饰词即先行词以及引导定语从句的关系词,因此,首先,排除A、C、D项。而B项中先行词后的关系词that
或which 是定语从句中的宾语,完全可以省略,故选 B。
Was it _____ the product on CCTV that made the company the focus (焦点)
of the country then?
A. advertised& &&&&&
B. having advertised& C. to advertise&& D. advertising
本题考查动名词作主语和强调句型的掌握。
解本题时先将疑问句变成陈述句,不难看出这是个强调句型,判断依据是因为它由It
was --- that --- 三个词构成强调句型的框架,且将这三个词去掉后句子照样成立。然后将构成强调句型的三个词It was --- that 去掉,原句变成一个一般的句子,即________
the product on CCTV made the company the focus of the country then . 再从句子的结构来看本句所缺的词与the
product 构成句子的主语,所以可以排除A、B两项。最后确定用不定式还是动名词。不定式和动名词都可以作主语,而动词不定式主语是强调特定场合下发生的动作,所以C不符合题意。因此只有D项表示经常性的习惯动作或活动。
4、注重固定搭配短语的积累,并善于将肢解的短语进行整合搭配。
He accidentally _______ he had quarreled with his wife and that he hadn’t been
home for a couple of weeks.
A. let out& &&&&&&
B. took care&& &&&&& C. fell out&&&
&&&&&& D. made out
本题考查动词短语辨析。let
out 有“遗漏;泄露”之意。take
care 照料;fall out 脱落,闹翻;make
out 弄清楚。根据句中的and that 可以断定两个并列的宾语从句需要的是一个谓语动词,意思是,他偶然泄露了,他和妻子吵架后,两周都没在家里住了。因此答案是A。 
In my opinion , it is the best use that could be _______ of the our money.
up& && B. turned out& &&&&& C. spent&
&&&&& &&&&&& D. made
该题考查固定短语make
use of 。其被动语态为be made use of 。题中将use&
作为先行词,而原有的动词与介词放于定语从句中。如果学生对此短语熟悉的话,会具有一定的敏感性。由此会选择D。因为其余选项与use
不搭配。故选D。
5、注意分析句子结构,确定选择方向
一个句子所使用的标点符号、有无连词,往往起着决定性的作用;而插入语、省略语等,在一定程度上干扰考生的思维。
13& My sister, an inexperienced rider, was found sitting on the bicycle ___
to balance it.
&& A. having tried &&&&&& B. trying &
&&& &&&&&& C. to try& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. tried
&&& 分析句子结构,an experienced rider是插入语,同时,主语my
sister与try之间为主动
关系,首先排除D项;而后考虑sit on the bicycle与try
to balance it 同时发生,可知B项
为正确答案。
Who do you think you’d rather _____ the tape recorder?
A. have to repair&&&&&
B. have fixed& &&&&&& C. get repaired&&&&&&
& D. get to repair
在确定答案之前,我们先来看看下面这个句子:
I think I would rather have the
man fix the tape recorder.
I think I would rather get the
man to fix the tape recorder.
在这两句中,假若对名词the
man 提问,便可得出:Who do you think you would rather
have repair the tape recorder?
/ Who do you think you would rather get
to repair the tape recorder?
The children went home from the grammar school, their lessons ___for the day.
A. finishing&&&&
B. finished&&&&&& C. had finished&&&
D. were finished
由于中间有逗号,
意味着后面的部分是状语。由于该部分前面没有连词,故不能用
谓语形式。 因此要用finished构成独立主格结构。
6、弄清从句性质,缺啥补啥,健全句子结构
当考查名词性从句或定语从句时,依次优先观察从句中是否缺主语,宾语,若缺某一
成分,就得选择能够充当该成分的选项。若主语、宾语、表语或定语都不缺,就再观察句子是否缺哪类状语,选择能够充当该状语的选项,以补全句子结构。
Choosing the right dictionary depends on&&&&&&
&you want to use it for.
A. what&&&&&&&
&&&& B. why&&&&&&&&
& C how&&&&&& &&&&&&
what 引导的名词性从句作介词on的宾语,what在从句中又充当介词for的宾语.
We shouldn’t spend our money testing so many people, most of &&&&&are
A that&&&&&
&&& &&&&&& B which&&&&&&
&&& C what&&&&&&&&&
本题考察非限制性定性定语从句,介词of后面缺宾语,能够作宾语且能够引导定语从句的关系代词which 和whom, 由于非限制性定性定语从句用来说明前面指人的名词people, 故用whom充当介词of的宾语。
临阵磨枪(一)
1. Sligo is an ancient and lively enough center, overlooked by its church and
_______ with pubs.
&& A. rang&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. ringing&&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
C. ringed &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. rung
2. The afternoon sun provided the clouds shifting colors: pink and salmon, crimson
and ivory, all _______ against a royal blue sky.
&& A. given off&&&& &&&&&&
B. set off &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& C. broken
off& &&&&&& &&&&&&
D. shown off
3. He is skinnier than when last we met but _______ is unchanged.
&& A. meanwhile&& &&&&&& B.
also&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&& &&&&&& C. generally&&&
&&&&&& &&& D. otherwise
4. For Western readers, one of the pleasures of reading Liu Cixin, the author
of “The Three Body Problem,”(三体) is that
his stories _______ entirely different resources.
&& A. draw on&&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. put on &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
C. rely on&&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& D. take
5. I was driving on the highway when the news _____ on the radio of a serious
car crash in Changzhou.
&& A. hit &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. broke& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
C. released&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. described
6. Chinese traditional wisdom asks you to act like water: to be flexible _______
&& A. as good as&&& &&&&&&
B. as well as&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& C. as far as&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. as long as
7. If you _______ see Mr. Lambert in Boston, please give him my respect.
&& A. can&&&&&&&&& &&
B. must&&&&&&& && &&&&&&
&&&&&& C. should&& & &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. need
8. --- You want to see me, Miss Lin?
&& --- Yes, come in. I _______ about your exam paper with your parents.
&& A. talk&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. was talking &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& C. have
been talking&&&&& D. had talked
9. Because so few adults can remember the details of their own kindergarten,
it can be hard to _______ just how much early education has been transformed over
the past two decades.
&& A. discriminate &&&&&& B. acknowledge&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& C. distinguish&
&&&&&& &&&&&& D. appreciate
10. He is rather difficult to make friends with, but the friendship of his,
_______,is truer than that of anybody else’s.
&& A. while gained&&& &&&&&&
B. when to gain&&&&&& C. after gaining&&
D. once gained
11. It sounds like something is wrong with the car’s engine. _______, we’d better
take it to the garage immediately.
&& A. If ever& &&&& &&&&&&
B. If not& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&& &&&&&& C. If anything&
&&&& &&&&&& D. If so
12. I was only joking when I said T who _______ he took it seriously?
&& A. thought &&&&& &B. had thought&&&&
&&&&&& && C. would think &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. would have thought
13. ---&Haven’t&I&told&you&that&you&should&be&home&earlier?&&&
&& ---&Yes,&but&I&_____&home&earlier&than&I&usually&do.&
&& A. was&coming& &&&&&& B.
have&come& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& C. came&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& D. had&come
14. ---How about buying Tim a mobile phone ? After all, he isn’t a boy any more.
&& ---I think it’s necessary, for we sometimes want to make sure if
he _____ home for dinner.
&& A. will come&&& &&&&&&
B. comes&&&&&&&&&& &&
&&&&&& C. has come&&&&&&&
&&& D. would come
15. The assailants targeted six sites Friday night in Paris, _______ a massacre
at a concert hall _______ at least 80 people were killed.
& A. the deadliest was, that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&& &&&&&& B. the deadliest
was, where
& C. the deadliest being, where&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&& &&&&&& D. the deadliest
being, which
16. Star Wars: The Force Awakens took 12 days to earn $1 billion worldwide,
_______ the fastest movie _______ such a feat.
& A. became, achieving B. to become, to achieve C. becoming, to achieve
D. having become, achieving
17. There’s _______ out there for everyone. You just have to wait for life to
bring them into your life.
&& A. somebody&&& &&&&&&
B. everybody& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& C. anybody&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. nobody
18. Remember that you cannot cancel the order _______ you’ve signed.
&& A. once&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. before &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
C. though&&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& D. unless
19. I _______ away, but I knew I had to stay with the injured driver until the
ambulance arrived.
&& A. would have walked&&&& B. must have walked&&&
C. Shall have walked&&& D. could have walked
20. The alumina’s speech touched the 11th-graders’ heart, _______ them to pursue
their dreams.
&& A. to inspire&&&& &&&&&&
B. inspired&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&& C. inspiring&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. having inspired
临阵磨枪(二)
International situation is currently undergoing great changes ________ UNESCO plays
an irreplaceable role in promoting international cooperation.
which&&&& &&&&&& B. what&&&
&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
C. where& &&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
3. Netizens turned the weibo account of China’s second
richest man into a battlefield debating charity giving after other celebrities
publicized their donations. ________ the netizens’ questions, Jack Ma said he was
bothered when he owned more than 10 million yuan.
In a gesture to&&&& B. In honor of &&&&&&
C. In response to&&& &&&&&& D. In
association with
4. With the word PM 2.5 ________ appearing in media reports,
people pay greater attention to it and seek health tips for smoggy days.
immediately&&&&&&& B. consequently&&&&&&
C. permanently&&&&&& D. constantly
5. Where food programs once turned chefs into stars,
The Twelve Feng Taste turns stars into chefs. Singer-actor Nicholas Tse
________ it, the reality TV show returned for a second season last month on Zhejiang
Television.
A. hosted &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. hosting&&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& C. hosts&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& D. is
6. When it comes to the majority of the latest technologies
in the next 20 years, ________ has greater potential than the technology being
developed in these young people’s company, ________ in my eyes will lead to a revolution.
which&& B. where && C. where D.
7. ―What a pity! Their experiment is a failure.
better under more favorable conditions.
should have done&&&&&& & B. could have done&
C. must have done& D. may have done
When the questions got personal during the talk
show, the actress ________ in tears as she opened up about the wounds she suffered.
broke up&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. broke down&&&&&& &&&&&&
C. broke out&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
D. broke through
9. ― I’m sorry to tell you that you made a mistake in
your test.
How can that be? I did it _______ in class.
as told&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. as am told&&&&&&& & C. as telling&&&&&&
&&&&& D. as I told
How would you like ________ if you were
watching your favorite TV program and someone came into the room and just shut
it off without asking you?&&
& A. them&&
&&&&&& B. one&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& C. those&&
&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
11. ―Professor Smith, I’d like to take a gap year to Africa
to serve in a global anti-Aids campaign.
idea, ______ you can afford the time.
provided that&&&&&& B. in case&&&&&&&&&&&
C. even if&&&&&&&&&&& D.
12. --How do you think I can make up with Tom?
aside ________ you disagree and try to find ________ you have in common.
what&& B. what&& &&& C. where
&&D. whether
13. With a view to fighting against crimes online, the
authority hosted an anti-piracy concert with over&&& 100 pop singers,
_______ fans not to buy pirated music and movies.
urging&&&&&&&&&& B. to urge&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. having urged &&&&&&D. urged
14. Having a glass of water first thing in the morning
helps rid your body of poisonous substances that ________ overnight.
were stored &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. had been stored &&&&&& C. are being stored &&&&&&
&D. have been stored
15. ―Shall we make an appointment at 9 o’clock this Sunday
&& ―________.
I will be available the whole morning.
& A. It counts
for nothing&&& B. That suits me fine& C. It makes no difference&
D. Go right ahead
16. --- I’m going to drive home.
&& --- _______! You’ve drunk too much.
&& A. Take your time&&& B. Go ahead&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
C. Keep in touch&&& &&&&&& D. Come
17. Life is ten percent _______ you make it and ninety percent how you take
&& A. where&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. that&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& C. what&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
18. The animals that are having winter sleep look as good as dead. You ____
wake them up by touching.
&& A. mustn’t &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. can’t&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& C. needn’t
&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
D. shouldn’t
19. It wasn’t _______ the cost or the food as the thoughtfulness the man showed
and the romantic mood he created _______ made the meal special.
&& A. that&&&&&& &&&&&&
B. that&& C. which &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. what
20.A heated debate was ______ by Dr. Black’s proposal at the meeting yesterday
over _______it is practical in our area to apply the new method.
A. what&&&&&&
&&&&&& B. as&&&&&
C. whether&&&&&& &&&&&&
记下我此时的心得:
三、完形填空题的解题技巧
1.完形填空的解题步骤
(1)通读全文,了解大意。做完形填空时,要利用首句的提示,跳过空格,通过略读的方式浏览全文,了解全文的大意,在此基础上再进行解题。
(2)前后兼顾,先易后难。在理解了文章大意的基础上,先将容易的、自己有把握的题目解出来,然后再结合上下文寻找相关的提示信息去解决难题。
(3)复读全文,仔细检查。完成解题后,务必用2-3分钟的时间将文章从头至尾读一遍,查看内容是否通顺、流畅、自然、地道。对于极个别特别难的题目可以凭语感来确定。
2.完形填空解题技巧
(1)充分利用首句信息。(2)多角度的逻辑推理。(3)从上下文中寻找线索。(4)利用语法分析解题。(5)利用文化背景和生活常识解题。(6)习惯用法和词语辨析。(7)语篇标志的利用。
巩固练习:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
One day, I walked into my office, and my day began
at my computer screen. It was all great until I saw this _1__.
Your password has expired(过期). Click “Change
password” to change your password.
a new code doesn’t seem like a big deal, unless you work at my computer, _ 3_ _ we have to change it__4__, using at least one upper-class
character, one lower character, one symbol, and one numeral. _
5__ , I can’t use any of the same password I have used in the past 3 months.
&&& Suddenly I was angry. What’s worse, I was deeply__6__
after my recent divorce. Disbelief in what she had done to me was all I thought
&&& That didn’t mean anything to the empty input field. _& 7___ me to type a password that
I would have to __8__ --- many
a time--- for the next 30 days. I _
9__ a tip I’d heard from my former boss. He’d said “I am going to use a
__10__ to change my life.”
&&& I couldn’t focus on getting things done in my current __11__. There were clear indications
of what I needed to do to regain ___12__
of my life. But I couldn’t notice them.
&&& My password become the indicator. My password __13__
me that I should not let myself be a __14__
of my recent breakup and that I was strong enough to do something about it.
&&& I made my password “Forgive @h3r”.
&&& I had to type this password several times a day. Each time
my computer would lock. Each time my screen save with my ex-wife’s photo would
__15__. Each time I would come
back from eating lunch alone. In my mind, I wrote “Forgive her” every day, for
one month.
&&& The __16__
action change the way I looked at my ex-wife. That _17__
reminder led me to accept the way things had happened at the end of my __18___ and apply a new way of dealing
with my depression.
&&& ___19__
the month wore on. I felt a slow healing began to take place. By the time my server_
20___ me to reset my password
the following month, I felt free.
C.suggestion
A. Putting up with
B.Catching up with
C.coming up with
D. Ending up with
A.Unexpectedly
B. Hopefully
C.Generally
D. Unfortunately
A. astonished
B. frightened
C.depressed
A.Looking for
B. Paying for
C.Arranging for
D. Waiting for
A. recreate
B. reenter
C. rewrite
A.explained
B.provided
C. understood
D. remembered
A.computer
B. password
B. feeling
D.position
C. ability
A.inspired
B.reminded
C. required
D. promised
C. volunteer
B.different
B.constant
D.concrete
A.leadership
B.friendship
D. marriage
B. advised
D.persuaded
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Cleverness is a gift while kindness is a choice.
Gifts are easy---they’re given &&1& &.
Choice can be hard.
&& &&I got the idea to start Amazon 16 years ago. I &&2& &the fact
that the Internet usage was growing &&3&
&2300 percent per year. I’d never seen or heard of anything that grew& 4__ &fast, and the idea of building
an &&5& &bookstore
with millions of titles was very exciting to me, I had just &&&6& &&30
years old , and I’d been married for a year, I told my wife MacKenzie that I wanted
to &7& &my job
and go to do this crazy thing that probably wouldn’t &&8&
&since most start-ups don’t, and I wasn’t sure what to &&9&
, MacKenzie told me I should &&10
&it. As a young boy, I’d been a garage inventor. I’d always wanted
to be an inventor, and she wanted me to follow my&
&& I was working at a financial firm in New York City with a bunch
of very smart people, and I had a &&12&
&boss that I much admired. I went to my boss and told him I wanted
to start a company selling books on the Internet. He took me on a long walk in
Central Park, listened carefully to me, and finally said, “That sounds like a really
good idea, but it would be an even better idea for &&13&
&who didn’t already have a good job.” That logic made some &&14&
&to me, and he &&15&
&&me to think about it for 48 hours &&&16&&
&making a final decision.
&in that light, it really was a difficult choice, but ultimately, I
decided I had to give it a &18&&
. I didn’t think I’d regret trying and failing. And I &19&&
&I would always be haunted by a decision to not try at all.&
After much consideration, I took the less safe path
to follow my passion, and I’m proud of that choice. For all of us, in the end,
we are our &&&20&&
1. A. afterwards&& B. after all&&&& C. anyhow&&
D. at last
2. A. come out&&&&&&&&& B. come
up with&&&& C. come to&&&&&&
D. come across
3. A. at&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. in&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. on&&&&&&&&&& D. by
4. A. very&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. exactly&&&&&&&&& C. that&&&&&&&&&
D. extraordinary
5. A. special&&&&&&&&&&&
B. online&&&&&&&&&& C. brand
new&&& D. comprehensive
6. A. gone&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. turned&&&&&&&&&& C. become&&&&&
7. A. lose&&&&& &&&&&&&&B.
abandon&&&&&&&&& C. dismiss&&&&&
8. A. work&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. run&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. matter&&&&&& D. achieve
9. A. pursue&&&&&&&&&&&
B. do&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. expect&&&&&& D. suppose
10. A. look for&&&&&&&&& B. care
for&&&&&&&&& C. take for&&&&&
11. A. dream&&&&&&&&&&&
B. career&&&&&&&&&& C. passion&&&&&
12. A. brilliant&& &&&&&&&B. humorous&&&&&
C. absurd&&&&& D. considerable
13. A. anyone&& &&&&&&&B. everyone&&&&&&
C. all&&&&&&&&& D. someone
14. A. sense&&&& &&&&&&B.
mistakes &&&&&&C. suggestions&& D. effects
15. A. forced&&& &&&&&&B. encouraged&&&&
C. convinced&&& D. confirmed
16. A. after&&&&& &&&&&&B.
before&&&&&&& C. when&&&&&&&&
17. A. Having seen& &&&&B. To see&&&&&&
C. Seen&&&&&&&& D. Seeing
18. A. shot&&&&&&& &&&&&B.
chance&&&&&& C. rest&&&&&&&&&
19. A. thought&&&&&& &&&&B.
impressed&& &&C. confused&&& D. suspected
20. A. decision&&&&&&&&& B. choice&&&&&&&
C. master&&&&&& D. success
记下我此时的心得:
四、阅读理解题的解题技巧
高考考纲在阅读理解方面对考生有六大要求,即理解主旨要义、理解文中具体信息、根据上下文推断生词的词义、做出简单判断和推理、理解文章的基本结构、理解作者的意图观点态度。这六个能力要求对应我们常见的六种题型:主旨大意题、细节理解题、词义猜测题、推理判断题、文章结构题及作者观点态度题。
●主旨要义题注意点:
(1)要找到文章的关键词
(2)范围不能太大,也不能太小即只是文章部分信息
(3)主旨在文章开头(如调查或研究结果、新闻报道、部分议论文等)、主旨在文章结尾、主旨在文章第二或第三段(第一或一二段为主题的引子)或通读以后进行对各个部分概括所得,当然最后一种较难,那么就要养成对文章标段,读完每段要抓出段落大意,这种方法对文章结构题也同样适用。
●词义猜测题注意点:一般在前句或后句中体现,通过解释、说明等方法,常用 that is, that
is to say, in other words , which(who)引导的定语从句来解释,
或but, however, and 等表示与之相反或并列(同类),通过这些进行简单的分析都不难得出答案。
●推理判断题注意点:
(1)了解常用的表示推断的词:infer, imply, suggest, reveal, mean,
intend, conclude等;有时提问中含有may, might, probably,
most likely等表示可能的词和surely等表示肯定的词,这些细节词也要注意。
(2)了解类型:推断文章的出处、作者的态度(positive, negative, neutral,
approving, opposed, objective, subjective, indifferent, cautious, worried, doubtful,
suspicious等)、节选的文章上文或下文所讲内容
(3)根据作者所使用的词语的褒贬性进行判断;区分开作者的态度及作者引用的别人的态度;读文章前先读题、边读边标小结、读一段标出、划出或自己用中文或英文写出本段的main
idea来帮助正确定夺文章结构图答案。
阅读理解题的干扰项的设置具有一定的迷惑性,起干扰作用。它不仅能检测出考生理解、概括、推断等逻辑思维的精确性、深刻性,而且对考生个性心理品质也是一种检验,干扰项的干扰性一般在如下五个方面:1.脱离原文;2.以偏概全;3.扩缩范围;4.偷换概念;5.正误并存。希望同学们用火眼金睛排除这些干扰项,提高阅读题的正确率。
提示:选择答案时应以文章作为依据,而不要以自己的想法或经历作为依据。
巩固练习:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Mrs. Bertha Flowers appealed to me because she was
like people I had never met personally. Like women in English novels who walked
the moors(旷野) with their loyal dogs racing
at a respectful distance. Like the women who sat in front of roaring fireplaces,
drinking tea from silver trays full of biscuits. It would be safe to say that just
by being herself, she made me feel proud to be Negro.
One summer afternoon, she stopped at the store to
buy supplies. Another Negro woman of her health and age would have been expected
to carry the paper sacks home in one hand, but Momma said, “Sister Flowers, I’ll
send Bailey up to your house with these things.”
“Thank you, Mrs. Henderson. I’d prefer Marguerite,
though.” My name sounded so beautiful when she said it. “I’ve been meaning to talk
to her, anyway.” They gave each other age group looks.
There was a little path beside the rocky road, and
Mrs. Flowers walked in front swinging her arms and picking her way over the stones.
Without turning her head, she spoke to me, “I hear
you’re working very good school work, Marguerite, but that it’s all written. The
teachers report that they have trouble getting you to talk in class.” We passed
the triangular farm on our left and the path widened to allow us to walk together.
“Now no one is going to make you talk―possibly no
one can. But bear in mind, language is man’s way of communicating with his fellow
man and it is language alone which separates him from the lower animals.” That
was a totally new idea to me, and I would need time to think about it.
“Your grandmother says you read a lot. Every chance
you get. That’s good, but not good enough. Words
mean more than what is set down on paper.”
She said she was going to give me some books and
that I not only must read them, I must read them aloud. She suggested that I try
to make a sentence sound in as many different ways as possible.
“I’ll accept no excuse if you return a book to me
that has been badly handled.” My imagination boggled(退缩)
at the punishment I would deserve if in fact I did abuse a book of Mrs. Flowers’.
The odors in the house surprised me. The sweet scent
of vanilla(香草) had met us as she opened
“Have a seat, Marguerite. You see, I had planned
to invite you for cookies and lemonade so we could have this little chat.” She
carried a plate covered with a tea towel.
When I finished the cookies she brought a thick,
small book from the bookcase. I had read A Tale of Two Cities and found
it up to my standards as a romantic novel. She opened the first page and I heard
poetry for the first time in my life.
“It was the best of times and worst of times...”
Her voice slid in and curved down through and over
the words. She was nearly singing. I wanted to look at the pages. Were they the
same that I had read? Or were there notes, music, lined on the pages? Her sounds
began cascading(瀑布般落下) gently. I knew that
she was nearing the end of her reading.
“How do you like that?”
It occurred to me that she expected a response.
The sweet vanilla flavor was still on my tongue and her reading was a magic to
my ears. I had to speak.
I said, “Yes, ma’am.” It was the least I could do,
but it was the most also.
“There’s one more thing. Take this book of poems
and memorize one for me. Next time you pay me a visit, I want to recite.”
I have often tried hard to search for the enchantment(着迷) I so easily found in those gifts. To be allowed,
no, invited, into the private lives of strangers, to share their joys and fears,
was a chance to exchange the Southern bitter wormwood(苦艾)
for a cup of mead(蜂蜜酒) with Beowulf or a
hot cup of tea and milk with Oliver Twist. When I said aloud, “It is a
far, far better thing than anything I have ever done...” tears of love filled my
eyes at my selflessness.
I was liked, and what a difference it made, I was
respected not as Mr. Henderson’s grandchild or Bailey’s sister but for just being
Marguerite Johnson.
1. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
&A. Mrs. Flowers came from a white noble family.
&B. Marguerite didn’t have many chances to read classics.
&C. Marguerite eventually loved to read out her books.
&D. Marguerite was ashamed to be a member of her family.
2. What does Mrs. Flowers mean by saying “Words mean more than what is set down
on paper” (paragraph 7)?
A. Besides reading, Marguerite should talk more.
B. The contents of books may have different meanings.
C. Human’s voice gives written words deeper meaning.
D. Spoken language is more important than written
3. Marguerite’s opinion of A Tale of Two Cities before and after Mrs.
Flowers’ reading can be described as _______.
A. poetic … musical&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& B. satisfactory … scholarly
C. romantic … dramatic&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. common … extraordinary
4. It can be inferred from the passage that _______.
A. The meeting between Mrs. Flowers and Marguerite
was probably intentionally arranged.
B. Mrs. Flowers lived a comfortable life.
C. Marguerite hadn’t read poetry before her visit
to Mrs. Flowers’ home.
D. Mrs. Flowers would recite new poems on Marguerite’s
later visits.
5. Which can be the best title for the passage?
A. The Power of Language& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
B. A Lesson in Living
C. A Noble Woman&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. My Initial Access to Charles Dickens
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Big data, the tech story of a few years ago, is
now beginning to show big results. The science of using powerful computers, ubiquitous(无处不在的) sensors and the Web to produce mountains
of raw data to uncover previously invisible insights is increasingly used in businesses,
universities and government agencies. It is transforming our understanding of everything
from fetal development to cosmology(宇宙学).
Already, thanks to big data, we have learned that
babies learn language not from repetition but by hearing words used in multiple
contexts. We can now identify approaching sessions of depression, even suicidal
tendencies, by looking at the changing lifestyle (social media usage, diminishing
movement) of potential victims. And, using Google search data, epidemiologists(流行病学家) can spot an emerging epidemic before doctors
One of the most extraordinary features of big data
is that it signals the end of the era of statistics. For 400 years, we’ve been
forced to sample complex systems and estimate. Now, with big data, it is possible
to measure everything, from the movement of billions of stars to every beat of
the human heart.
Big data is also making its way, almost silently,
into everyday life. In Israel, 80% of the citizenry contribute traffic data to
help each other commute via the WAZE app on smartphones, increasingly the platform
of choice for big data. California is looking at using the accelerometers in smart-
phones, which detect sudden motion, to create an early-warning system for earthquakes
that will be much faster than government-installed devices.
Farmers in the Midwest will soon have measurements
taken in their fields nearly down to individual plants―and that will combine data
on soil, water and weather to come up with trillions of scenarios for insurance
coverage. Victims of natural disasters are now being pinpointed and given aid through
real-time analysis of tweets, instant messages and phone calls. Even one of the
oldest of arts, geography, is being revolutionized with maps that will change by
the second.
But it is in the commercial world where big data
has seen its greatest inroads to date. A recent survey by consultants NewVantage
Partners has found that the number of U.S. firms using big data in the past three
years has jumped 58 percentage points to 63%―while 70% of firms now say that big
data is of critical importance to their firms, an astounding jump from 21% in 2012.
That’s one of the fastest tech-adoption rates ever. Meanwhile, the title of chief
data officer―the C-Suite manager of big data―a title that until recently didn’t
even exist, is now found in 54% of companies surveyed.
The commercial impact of this revolution can be
found everywhere from products and services that can predict the unique needs of
individual customers, to improved credit precision, to stores that adapt (through
special discounts and deals that pop up on your smartphone) to each customer who
walks through the door.
To date, much of this activity has remained hidden
from sight. But soon it will burst forth much more publicly―and the experiences
of daily life will be profoundly transformed into a new set of personalized, predictive
and empowered experiences we can barely imagine today.
1. Big data is different from past statistics in that _______.
&A. it uses sample systems to analyze and estimate B. it can measure and
calculate everything
&C. it affects every aspect of life&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. it uses computers, sensors and the Web
2. Big data has not been used in _______?
&A. identifying potential depression&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& B. choosing
suitable routes
&C. insuring farmers’ plants&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&&
&&&&&& D. meeting customers’ special needs
3. It can be inferred from the passage that _______.
&A. babies used to learn language from repetition
&B. government-installed devices are not used in detect earthquakes any
C. C-suite mangers have long existed in most companies
&D. the public has not been aware of the impacts of big data on life
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
The 2016 presidential candidates
have subjected voters nationwide to a cognitive challenge: can you untangle what one candidate
is saying while the others talk over him? That challenge is a test of something
called the cocktail party problem, or &speech-on-speech perception.&
Researchers in The Netherlands recently investigated, with a group of 18 musicians
and 20 nonmusicians―to see if musicians are any better at it.
The scientists played the study
subjects a sample of one speaker masking another―for example, try to follow what
the second speaker is saying: Except they used Dutch samples. Anyway, the participants
listened to this multi-voice babble(含糊不清的话)with
headphones, then attempted to repeat the target sentence, to see how many words
they could make out. And it turns out musicians scored significantly higher than
non-musicians did in deciphering(破译) the
target phrase. The study is in the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.
It turns out musicians might
be better at something called &stream segregation&―separating out one
meaningful audio stream among others. &And this is the case indeed for musicians
when they want to listen to hear out one specific instrument, within a group of
instruments.& said Etienne Gaudrain, a hearing scientist at University Medical
Center Groningen in the Netherlands. His co-author, Deniz Başkent agreed.
&Anecdotally, when I speak to my musician friends, they do indeed mention
situations like this, that they say they can switch their attention easily to either
hear one stream, like from an orchestra piece or a band, or they can also combine
patterns. So this requires quite a lot of cognitive control to be able to hear
one stream or two streams together or to hear all of them together, but we think
they are very well trained in this kind of skill.”
It's unclear whether this ability
helps the candidates much. Neither Mike Huckabee, who plays bass in the band &Capitol
Offense,& nor Martin O'Malley, who strums and croons in &O'Malley's March,&
made it far enough to really exercise their ears.
1.The underlined word “untangle
” in Paragraph 1 means ______________.
A. release from entanglement
of &&&&&&B. separate the fibers or threads of&
C. express an opinion or view&&&&&&&&
D. oppose or support an attitude
2. According to the passage, what is Deniz Başkent’s
& A. Musicians didn’t score higher than non-musicians
& B. Musicians might be better at something
called &stream segregation&
& C. Musicians can not switch their attention
& D. Musicians have subjected voters nationwide
to a cognitive challenge.
3. Which is the suitable title?
A. It's unclear whether this
ability helps the candidates much.&&
B. Presidential candidates have
subjected voters nationwide to a cognitive challenge.
C. Musicians have subjected voters
nationwide to a cognitive challenge.&
D. Bring a Musician to Untangle
Cocktail Party Din
记下我此时的心得:
五、任务型阅读题的解题技巧
任务型阅读(Task-based
reading)要求学生在限定的时间内,根据文章提供的信息,用恰当的词语完成与文章相关的图表。该题型主要考查学生对于不同体裁和不同题材语言材料的理解能力,以及归纳、提取信息的能力。
任务型阅读侧重语篇分析和文章脉络的剖析,即文章的结构和框架。题目常按照一定的逻辑顺序展开。考生要在分析了解文章篇章结构的基础上,认真对照图表上所要完成的任务,逐一对照原文进行信息的筛选。
任务型阅读要求考生不但掌握具体事实情节,又要理解其深层含义,包括作者的态度、观点、意图等,掌握所读材料的主旨大意、中心思想;既要理解文章的含义及逻辑关系,又要根据其含义及逻辑关系进行判断和推理,运用材料中的信息去理解、分析问题。
任& 务& 型& 阅& 读&
常& 见& 同& 义& 转& 换
take advantage of = make use of
by accident/ chance = accidentally
take sth. into consideration/account = consider
in all/ total = totally
oppose sth. = be against sth. = object to sth. = disagree with sth.
in the beginning = at first
be responsible for = take/shoulder/bear responsibility for
take an active part in sth. = take part in sth. actively
approve of = in favor of = agree to = favor = subscribe to
have faith/ trust in = trust = believe in
out of breath = breathlessly
cope with = deal with = handle
in a hurry/rush = hurriedly
despite = in spite of
valuable = be of value
make an apology = apologize
encourage participation in = take part in = play a role in = participate in
understand clearly = have a clear understanding of
matter = count = be very important = be of importance = make sense = make a difference
explain = make an explanation
offer sth. to sb. = provide sb. with sth. = supply sth. to sb.
have access to = be accessible to = be available to
use up = run out of
stop = quit = give up
be accused of = be charged with
most of the people = the majority of the people
= be beneficial to = be of benefit to
cater to one’s needs/demands/requirements = satisfy one’s needs/demands/requirements
= meet one’s needs/demands/requirements [来源:学#科#网Z#X#X#K]
starve to death = die of hunger/starvation [来源:学科网ZXXK]
all at once = all of a
sudden = suddenly
in particular = particularly
deliberately = on purpose
out of the question = impossible = less likely
take the risk of doing sth. = risk doing sth.
respect sb.= show respect for sb. = look up to sb.= be respectful to sb.
prepare = make preparations for = get ready for
take in = absorb
appear = turn up = show up
give a description of = describe
lead to = cause = bring about = result in
be different from = differ from
commit suicide = kill oneself
succeed in doing sth. = manage to do sth.
be in response to sth.= respond to = react to
make up something new = invent
a person with a physical disability = a disabled person
go through = experience
varieties of = different kinds of = a variety of = various
make contributions to = contribute to
stand for = represent
be willing to do sth. = do sth. willingly
give permission to = permit
that is to say = in other words = namely
come to sb’s aid = aid
cause damage to
all the year round = throughout the year
in any case = at any rate = at any price/cost
without doubt = undoubtedly
make an impression = impress
60. put up with = stand = bear = endure
任务型阅读技巧指导
1、了解常考三类题:筛选(查找)信息属基础题;整合(转化)信息属活用题;综合概括信息属概括题;
2、解题步骤:理解文章;分析表格;定位信息;分析整合信息;选择合适词汇表达;
3、关键:对定位到的信息进行分析加工处理(词性的转换、同义词反义词转换、结构转换、表达方式的转换);
4、熟悉及熟练拼写常用归纳总结类词(见前面已发的任务型阅读指导讲义)
巩固训练&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Can you tell if a baby is a boy or a girl by 1_________ the mother is carrying?
2 ________ of
interest in gender prediction
●The creation of a new life is 3 ____________.
●Medical confirmation costs both&
4__________ and money.
● It’s fun to guess when the baby is
growing in the mother’s belly.
Typical 5 _________
Carrying high& ――― It's a girl.
Carrying low& ――― It's a boy.
The writer’s opinion
Comparatively speaking, it sounds more logical or& 6______, since it
at least reveals something about the baby inside.
Things actually 7 _______ the position/shape
●The tighter the mother’s& muscles
are , the 8 _____ she will carry
●The shorter the mother is , the wider
the bump becomes
●The baby's position also 9___________.
10 _____________
The &high or low& approach isn’t useful but it's fun.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
The British people are famous for their politeness,
or to be more precise, their penchant for over-apologizing. Sometimes, they will
even apologize for the bad weather or when someone walks into them.
According to a BBC article, “a recent survey of
more than 1,000 Brits found that the average person says ‘sorry’ around eight times
every day, and that one in eight people apologize up to 20 times a day”.
To write her book Watching the English: The
Hidden Rules of English Behavior, British social anthropologist Kate Fox did
a series of experiments. She deliberately bumped into hundreds of people in towns
and cities across the UK. For comparison, Fox asked her colleagues to do the same
in other countries. Although the collisions were clearly Fox’s fault, around 80
percent of those she bumped into said ‘sorry’. Compared with foreign tourists traveling
in the UK, the English people were much more likely to apologize.
According to the BBC article, most Brits say “sorry”
casually and out of habit. They may say “sorry” more often, but that doesn’t necessarily
mean they are truly feeling regretful. “We use the word ‘sorry’ in different ways,”
says Edwin Battistella, a linguistics expert. “We use it to express empathy --
so I might say, ‘Sorry about the rain’,’’ Battistella was quoted by the BBC as
saying. “It might be that British and Canadian speakers use that kind of ‘sorry’
more often, but they wouldn’t be apologizing per se(本身).
According to the BBC article, Britons see politeness
as showing respect “without imposing on someone else’s personal space. And without
drawing attention to oneself”. For people in the US, however, politeness is “characterized
by friendliness and a desire to feel apart of a group”.
For example, the British will say “sorry” when they
want to sit down next to someone they don’t know. That is because not saying “sorry”
is a greater invasion(侵略)of that stranger’s
personal space.
A study from the Harvard Business School seems to
confirm this. The study shows that apologizing for circumstances beyond someone’s
control can foster trust between two strangers. A male actor was recruited in the
study to approach strangers at a US train station on a rainy day and ask to borrow
their phone. In half the cases, the actor preceded(先于)his
request with “Sorry about the rain”. When he did this, 47% of strangers gave him
their cell phone, compared to only 9% when he simply made the request in a polite
manner. By saying “sorry about the rain”, the apologizer “acknowledges an unfortunate
circumstance”, takes the other person’s perspective, and thus demonstrates empathetic
concern. This, in turn, creates a bond of trust between each other.
Title: Why the UK is sorry
The topic of the passage
The British people are known for their politeness, as evidenced by their 1.______
use of the word “sorry”.
A series of experiments 2.______ by Fox
*She knocked into hundreds of people in towns and cities throughout the UK
by 3.______.
*The English people have a greater 4.______ to apologize compared with foreign
tourists traveling in the UK.
A BBC article
* A Brit says sorry around eight times every day on 5.______.
* Most Brits say sorry casually and 6.______, which doesn’t necessarily mean
they are truly feeling sorry.
* Politeness is thought of as showing respect without 7.______ someone else’s
personal space.
A study from the Harward Business School
* A male actor was recruited in the study to approach strangers.
* By preceding the request with “Sorry about the rain”, the actor was more
likely to be given cell phones than a 8.______ request.&
* 9.______ an apology for circumstances out of someone’s control can create
a bond of 10.______ trust between two strangers.
记下我此时的心得:
六、书面表达题的解题技巧
书面表达题可以从以下几个方面进行解题:
1.审题:认真阅读试题,做到明确中心思想,判断类型和特点,了解重点内容,力求切中题意。不论书面表达是以哪种形式提供情景,都要首先搞清楚要求写的是一般记叙文,还是说明文,应用文等。只有审清题目,明确了体裁与格式,方能有的放矢。
2.打草稿:将要点在草稿纸上用英语表达出来,力争语句正确地道,尽可能地减少错误,避免出现汉字、拼音、空格等低级错误,尽量避开自己使用起来没有把握的单词和句子。要充分运用熟悉的有把握的句型和词组,不要做不必要的冒险和牺牲。同时注意时态、人称、顺序和开头结尾。其中时态和人称至关重要。
3.修改:写完后要认真通读一遍,改正错误,尤其是时态、人称、主谓一致、习惯用法、单词拼写等容易出错的地方。
4.誊答案:英语书面表达是唯一的一项主观性试题,评分过程中就会难免有很多主观因素。漂亮的字体、干净整洁的卷面会使人赏心悦目,无疑会给作文增色不少。因此,在誊答案时要注意书写规范,字母均匀大小适中,字体工整,保持卷面整洁,切忌潦草凌乱、乱涂乱改。如需改动,可用笔画斜线进行删除就可以了。
5.再复查:将答案誊到答题纸上之后,还要快速地复查一下,以防止由于粗心大意而出现的一些完全可以避免的错误,例如单复数、拼写、搭配、时态、标点符号等方面的错误。
How to Write a Summary
总体要求:A summary
should be brief, complete, objective, in our own words, and accurate.
具体写作步骤:
1. Read the passage quickly to decide the genre.
2.Reread and underline to get the key information.
3.Rewrite the key information.
4.Link the key information with some transitional
5.Form a summary of two or three sentences.
key information
记叙文narration
Who, what, when, where, why,
说明文exposition
The first and last paragraph
议论文argument
The first paragraph and the
topic sentences of the rest paragraphs
A boy found an eagle's egg and
he put it in the nest of a hen. The
eagle hatched and thought he was a chicken. He grew up doing what chickens
do-scratching for food and flying short distances. It was a dull life. Gradually
the eagle grew older and bitter. One day he and his chicken friends saw a beautiful
bird soaring on the currents of air, high above the mountains.
wish I could fly like that!” said the eagle. The chicken replied, &Don't
give it another thought. That's the mighty(强大的)
eagle, the king of all birds-you could never be like him!“ And the eagle didn't give it another thought. He
went on cackling and complaining about life. He
died thinking he was a prairie chicken.
My friends, you too were born
an eagle. The Creator intended you to be an eagle, so don’t listen to the chickens!
Hatched by a hen, an eagle lived like a chicken.
He wanted to fly like an eagle but

我要回帖

更多关于 aim sth at sb 的文章

随机推荐