starting pointCareer in ...

去大城市发展还是到小城镇工作 英语六级作文预测
Want to be a small fish in a big pond or the other way round?
去大城市发展还是到小城镇工作 英语六级作文预测
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay on the topic Starting Career in a Big City or Small Town? You should write at least 150 words following the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 很多的大学生毕业后留在大城市工作;
2. 也有人选择到小城镇开始自己的职业生涯;
3. 结合自己的实际情况谈谈自己的想法。
Starting Career in a Big City or Small Town
Want to be a small fish in a big pond or the other way round? Every graduate faces this question when he starts his career. Some prefer to stay in the big cities after graduation. To them, big cities mean more experiences, more opportunities to see the big world and more space for career development. At the same time, higher salary is another temptation.
But some other graduates want to start in small towns. Even though there may not be many big companies, they can have a quieter and less competitive life. Another reason is they can be a big fish in a small pond. They can easily get the management’s attention and may win promotion earlier.
As far as I am concerned, I prefer to start in a big city like Shanghai. A good begin is half the battle, and in Shanghai I can find a job in a big company where I can meet people from different places and cultures. I will learn from them what I can not get from textbooks.(责任编辑:英语作文网)
------分隔线----------------------------
As a matter of fact,it is easy to be appreciated. Establish good habits....
Living in the digital age, we are unavoidably exposed to all kinds of digital pr...
A healthy body is very important to every one of us. When you are sick....
When it comes to the choice of career, some people prefer the job with high sala...
People have different attitudes towards their work....
How should we read? Should we read selectively or extensively?...Starting a Career in User Experience | Adaptive Path
[Ed. note: People often ask us about ways to launch a career in user experience. The field has changed quite a bit since we got our start, so we turned to our friend Marcus Haid, who interned with us last year, for his perspective as a practitioner just getting established. Thanks Marcus!
P.S. You can check out some of Marcus’s work at . We aren’t looking for any more interns right now, but when we do, we’ll let you know!]
This article is based upon my own experience transitioning from a career in corporate-world project management into the field of user experience design. With dedication, some talent, a few classes, and a healthy dose of self-promotion, the transition was fairly easy, very enjoyable, and took about two years. I have outlined a few key points to consider if you are planning to start a career in user experience design.
Course Work and Study
The online space has become a rather complex medium over the years. To meet current industry standards, you’ll need some training. There are many programs and courses offered that can teach you the skills necessary to start out in user experience design.
Whether you choose to go for a full degree program or courses within an extended learning program is a matter personal preferences and circumstances. I chose the latter route and earned a certificate at San Francisco State University’s Multimedia Studies Program. When you browse through the catalogs and curricula of programs, look out for courses in the disciplines of information architecture, interaction design, user interface design, and user research.
The current buzzword is “specialization,” and many industry insiders would have you believe that the “generalist” is a dying breed. While this holds true to a certain extent in any maturing industry, too much specialization can pigeonhole you and lead to professional narrow-mindedness.
As a user experience designer your work will touch and mold many aspects of a project, from scoping to design and implementation. The more you know about the other crafts involved in creating a system, the better you will be able to contribute to a streamlined production process, saving your client money and increasing your company’s profit margin in the long run.
While you most likely will not be doing the visual design or programming the backend system, your design work will be far more advanced if you at least understand the cornerstones of these areas. When you get your training, don’t just focus on courses that teach you about user experience — look beyond. I took visual design classes and learned about branding, and I can program HTML, JavaScript and Flash, just to name a few.
Learn to use the software tools needed to express and communicate your work as a user experience designer & your communication media will largely be architecture diagrams, system flows, and page comps. On a PC,
is the standard tool, if you work on a Mac, look into . You should also learn a standardized visual language to use in your work. Adaptive Path
Jesse James Garrett’s
is a prime example of such a language.
And lastly, to complement your coursework and to keep up to date, you can choose from a large host of books, articles, and online resources on the topic of user centered design. Adaptive Path’s reading list offers a good starting point, and Jesse’s
has an excellent cross section of various online resources.
You can only learn so much by attending courses and reading books, what ultimately counts is applying your skills to real world projects. As early as possible work on projects, ideally for a client. A client can be a member of your family, a friend, a non-profit organization, basically anybody other than yourself.
Treat every project as a portfolio piece & choose and work on projects that you would like and can showcase in your portfolio. Because you’ll most likely offer your services for free in the beginning, you at least want the benefit of being able to market yourself with them. And probably most important of all, learn to work as part of a team as early as possible. Assemble a team of friends or colleagues and concentrate on the user experience design part of the project. In any job situation you will almost always work in a team, and learning to be a team player will give you an edge on the job market.
Self Promotion
Once you’ve collected several projects as portfolio pieces, put together a strong portfolio to market yourself. The key to a successful portfolio is focus. Your portfolio should express that you want to work as a user experience designer and demonstrate through examples that you’re good at it.
Pick your best pieces and showcase them, ideally as case studies, so that the viewer can also see the process behind your work. For further insight, you can take a look at , although I went one step further and also established a brand for myself.
Internship
Probably still the single best way to gain industry experience and get a head start on the job market is to do an internship. As soon as you feel comfortable with your newly acquired skills, look around for companies that interest you and approach them about an internship.
Make sure that the company either is a user experience design company or has an information architecture department in house. Apply for an internship in the same way you would apply for a job, send a cover letter and resum& and point to your online portfolio.
Always try to get paid for your work, no matter how basic it is, and only work for free if it’s the only way to get the internship you really want. And if you find yourself mostly making coffee for design meetings in an internship, it’s time to insist on doing actual work and possibly look for a new internship.
In any career, the best way to establish yourself is to get some experience. Seek out training, do some pro-bono work, and find a company that will take you on as an apprentice. Employers will respect your efforts, and you’ll gain confidence in your abilities. Best of luck to you.
Share this article
Recent PostsFebruary 12, 2015December 9, 2014December 4, 2014
Team Profile毕业后,你愿意留京还是回家乡工作?(Starting a career in a big city like Beijing or in a small town after graduation?)-调查圈
正在加载数据,请稍候。。。
毕业后,你愿意留京还是回家乡工作?(Starting a career in a big city like Beijing or in a small town after graduation?)为了保证研究数据的准确性,请您根据自身情况如实作答。衷心感谢您的参与,谢谢合作! (In order to ensure the accuracy of Research data, please answer the following questions truthfully. I will be grateful if you would finish&my questionnaire,&thanks for your cooperation and time!)
1.&男(male)女(female)2.&20岁及以下(22 or younger)21-2526-3031-3536-4041及以上(41 or older)3.&是(yes)不是(no)4.&大城市(Big city)中小城市(Small and medium city)县城镇(County town)农村(Rural area)5.&高中文化程度及以下(high school level or below)大学文化程度(university level)硕士文化程度(Master degree level)博士文化程度及以上(Doctoral degree or above)6.&家庭(Famliy)事业(Career)7.&清闲,压力不大,工资不高(Idle,less pressure, salary is not so high)忙碌,工资高,比较累(Busy, higher wages, more tired)8.&政府机关(Government office)事业单位(学校、文艺单位)(Institutions(schools,cultural units))企业(Enterprise)自主创业(Independent undertaking)9.&地域(Area)薪酬与福利(Salary and welfare)个人未来发展(Personal future development)家庭期望(Family expectations)10.&6000及以下(under 6000RMB)8001及以上(more than 8000RMB)11.&肯定留京(Surely,I will)肯定回家(No,I wiil return my hometown)留京或者回家(Both can)不确定(Not sure)其他(Others)12.&北京是大城市,资源便利(Big city, resource advantage)机会多,有利于以后的发展(More opportunities for future development)工资待遇比较好(High salary)大城市可以开阔视野,学到更多的东西(Broaden horizons,learn more things)历史悠久,文化丰富(Long history, rich culture)其他原因(Others)13.&人太多,车太多,城市过大(Too many people, too many cars, the city is oversize)人才太多,感觉压力太大(Too many talents,feel much pressure)空气质量差,环境不好(Poor air quality, the environment is not good)人与人之间太过冷漠,没有人情味(Too cold between people,impersonal)消费水平太高(High consumption level)其他原因(others)14.&空气质量好,环境好(The air quality is good and the environment is great)节奏比较慢,适合生活(Rhythm is comparatively slow,it's fit for life)家人朋友都在身边,可以相互照顾(Having my family and friends around,I can take care of each other)压力比较少,消费水平相对比较低(The pressure is less, and the comsumption lever is lower)其他原因(Other fators)15.& 16.&