everyone in the culture of teatea...

Tea - Idioms by The Free Dictionary /tea
tea Also found in: , , , , , .
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
all the tea in ChinaA price something of such great value that it cannot be quantified. Just a glimpse of your smile is worth all the tea in China to me.See also: , , What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?A rhetorical question calling attention to a non-sequitur or irrelevant statement or suggestion made by another person. Yes, I agree that health care is an important issue, but what's that got to do with the price of tea in China? We're discussing tax incentives for local businesses&not exactly a related topic!See also: , , be not (one's) cup of teaTo not be something one prefers, desires, enjoys, or cares about. Thank you for the invitation, but long-distance cycling just isn't really my cup of tea. When I found out that reading wasn't his cup of tea, I knew that there wasn't much of a relationship in store between us.See also: , , , a storm in a teakettleA disproportionate reaction of anger, concern, or displeasure over some minor or trivial matter. (A less common variant of "a tempest in a teacup/teapot.") If you ask me, these protests are nothing but a storm in a teakettle that's been stoked by a media campaign of misinformation. I really think you're making a storm in a teakettle over this. It's just a tiny scratch on the car!See also: , a tempest in a teakettleA disproportionate reaction of anger, concern, or displeasure over some minor or trivial matter. (A less common variant of "a tempest in a teacup/teapot.") If you ask me, these protests are nothing but a tempest in a teakettle that's been stoked by a media campaign of misinformation. I really think you're making a tempest in a teakettle over this. It's just a tiny scratch on the car!See also: , a storm in a teapotA disproportionate reaction of anger, concern, or displeasure over some minor or trivial matter. (A less common variant of "a tempest in a teacup/teapot.") If you ask me, these protests are nothing but a storm in a teapot that's been stoked by a media campaign of misinformation. I really think you're making a storm in a teapot over this. It's just a tiny scratch on the car!See also: , weak teaslang Something that is particularly underwhelming or unimpressive. Many have felt like the president's run in office has been rather weak tea compared to the bold promises he made during his campaign.See also: , just one's cup of teaFig. to be something that one prefers or desires. til This spy novel is just my cup of tea. Teaching children to read is just my cup of tea.See also: , , , not for all the tea in ChinaFig. not even if you rewarded me with all the tea in C not for anything at all. No I won't do it—not for all the tea in China.See also: , , , not one's cup of teaFig. not one's choice or preference. (Used to describe an activity you do not enjoy. Can sound somewhat affected.) You three visit the museum without me. Looking at fussy old paintings is not my cup of tea. Going to church, Mary said, was not her cup of tea.See also: , , , not somebody's cup of tea not what someone likes or is interested in I realize a fantasy computer game is not everyone's cup of tea, but this one is amazing. Usage notes: also used without not: I like suspense in movies. It's my cup of tea. See also: , , ,
not be somebody's cup of tea if someone or something is not your cup of tea, you do not like them or you are not interested in them If Yeats isn't your cup of tea, why not try some of the more contemporary Irish poets? See also: , , tea and sympathy& (old-fashioned) kindness and sympathy that you show to someone who is upset Sometimes people want practical advice and sometimes they just want tea and sympathy. See also: , , would not do something for all the tea in China& (old-fashioned) if you say that you would not do something for all the tea in China, you mean that nothing could persuade you to do it I wouldn't be a teacher for all the tea in China. See also: , , cup of tea, one'sSomething that is in accord with one's liking or taste. For example, Quiz shows are just my cup of tea, or Baseball is not her cup of tea. The origin of this metaphorical expression has been lost, but the positive version-"he's my cup of tea"-has been used since the late 1800 and the negative- not one's cup of tea-since the 1920s. See also: , not for all the tea in ChinaNot at any price, never, as in I wouldn't give up my car, not for all the tea in China. This term originated in Australia and alludes to the presumed huge quantity of tea in China. [Late 1800s] A . See also: , , , tempest in a teapotAlso, tempest in a teacup. A great disturbance or uproar over a matter of little or no importance. For example, All that because a handful of the thousand invited guests didn't show up? What a tempest in a teapot!
This expression has appeared in slightly different forms for more than 300 years. Among the variations are storm in a cream bowl, tempest in a glass of water, and storm in a hand-wash basin. The British prefer storm in a teacup. The current American forms were first recorded in 1854. For a synonym, see . See also: , cup of tea n. something preferred or desired. (Often negative.)
Driving children around all afternoon is not my cup of tea. See also: , , tea1.
n. alcoholic drink.
Would you care for more tea?
n. urine. (Usually objectionable.)
Is that tea on your pants leg?
n. marijuana. (Drugs.)
Can’t you lay off that tea a while? tea party1.
n. a wild drinking party. (Like the Mad Hatter’s party in Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland.)
There was a loud tea party going on in the corner booth when Marlowe came in.
n. a pleasant and unstressful event.
The test was a real tea party. No sweat. See also: ,
cup of tea1.
Something that one excels in or enjoys: Opera is not my cup of tea.2.
A matter to be reckoned or dealt with: Recreational sport is relaxing. Professional sport is another cup of tea altogether.See also: , ,
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
pointing with his tea spoon at the March Hare,) `--it was at the great concert given by the Queen of Hearts, and I had to sing Then they resumed their places close to the table, and the servants, in obedience to Lady Arabella's order, brought in fresh tea. It is a good plan, too, if you are in a great hurry, to talk very loudly to each other about how you don't need any tea, and are not going to have any. There is nothing so refreshing after a sleepless night as a cup of this delicious Russian tea," Lorrain was saying with an air of restrained animation as he stood sipping tea from a delicate Chinese handleless cup before a table on which tea and a cold supper were laid in the small circular room. They had their tea, and went over many of the points that had been raised in the committee rather more intimately than ha and they all felt an agreeable sense of being in some w of having their hands upon strings which, when pulled, would completely change the pageant exhibited daily to those who read the newspapers. I bore her coarse reproaches with astonishing equanimity, ev for I was sensible that I had done more good to Nancy Brown than harm to her: and perhaps some other thoughts assisted to keep up my spirits, and impart a relish to the cup of cold, overdrawn tea, and a charm to the other and--I had almost said--to Miss Matilda's unamiable face. Well, then, have some tea,' said the kindly old hostess. No one explained anything to us, so all I remember is that tea and silk come from there, and the women have little bits of feet. He put the tea down himself and said we could wait awhile as well as not. Well, I'm going to see about getting tea," said Felicity, "so the rest of you will have to entertain her. The gloomy gardener happened to be ill in bed, and the assistant was at vespers-- as Lutheran Germany calls afternoon tea or its equivalent-- so the nurse filled up the holes as well as she could with mould, burying the crushed and mangled roses, cheated for ever of their hopes of summer glory, and I stood by looking on dejectedly. Now drink your tea," said the boy' "then, perhaps, you may hear a fairy tale. Now shut the door, and come to the fire, while Rose gets the tea I'm sure - and tell me what you'v - I like to know what my children have been about. She had only just time to go into her dressing room, sprinkle her long, pale face with powder, rub it, set her dress to rights, and order tea in the big drawing room, when one after another carriages drove up to her huge house in Bolshaia Morskaia. She thought she was in the kitchen getting the kettle ready for tea, and was warming herself with her feet upon the fender and the skirt of her gown tucked up, before the collapsed fire in the middle of the grate, bordered on either hand by a deep cold black ravine.
For webmasters:使用次数:5
入库时间:
All around the world, people drink tea. But tea does not mean the
same thing to everyone. In different countries people have very different ideas
about drinking tea.
In China, for example, tea is always served when people get
together. The Chinese drink it at any time of the day at homes or in teahouses.
They prefer their tea plain with nothing else in it.Tea is also important in Japan. The Japanese have a special way of serving tea called a tea ceremony. It is very old
and full of meaning. Everything must be done in a special way in the ceremony.
There is even a special room for it in Japanese homes.
Another tea drinking country is England. In England, the late afternoon is “teatime”. Almost everyone has a cup of tea then. The
English usually make tea in teapot and drink it with cream
and sugar. They also eat cakes, cookies and little sandwiches at teatime.
In the United States people drink tea mostly for breakfast or after
meals. Americans usually use tea bags to make their tea. Tea bags are faster
and easier than making tea in teapots. In summer, many Americans drink cold tea
--- “iced tea”. Sometimes they drink iced tea from cans, like soda.
(& )56. The
passage is mainly talking about _________.
A. Chinese
tea&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
why tea is important&
C. the teatime in England&&&& D. different ways
of tea drinking
(& )57. The
word “plain” in line 4 may mean _____________.
A. simple&&&&& B.
going&&&& C. hard&&&&&&&
The Chinese drink tea __________
breakfast&&&&&&&&&&& &&B.
in a special way
C. when they get together&&&& D. only in
Iced tea is popular _____________.
A.in winter& B.in England&& C.for
lunch& D.in America
(& )60. The
English like to _____________.
A.eat something with their tea& B.drink their tea& plain
C.have tea with dinner&&&& D.drink their tea in
<初中Net化学czhx.cooco.net.cn%DACDA  
如果没有找到你要的答案,请尝试下下面的试题答案搜索功能。
用户评论纠错:
&&&&&&暂无评论
我来说几句:
备课中心教案课件试卷下载Dominant category: ready-to-drink tea
As indicated in the above chart, based on the data provided by the USTA, the ready-to-drink category is the US tea industry’s largest segment, accounting for about 48.2%, or $5.2 billion, of the total wholesale value. The traditional segment is the second-largest segment with an estimated value of $2.5 billion in 2014. The specialty tea segment accounted for 17.5%, or $1.9 billion, of the estimated wholesale value, while the foodservice segment accounted for 11.1%, or $1.2 billion, of the estimated wholesale value of the tea industry in 2014.
Popular tea varieties
Americans consumed over 80 billion servings of tea, or more than 3.6 billion gallons in 2014. Iced tea is the preferred choice in the US, and it accounted for ~85% of the tea consumed. In terms of tea varieties, about 84% of the tea consumed in the US was black tea, 15% was green tea, and the remaining portion included oolong, white, and dark tea. Though all these varieties of teas come from the same plant, the difference lies in the degree of processing and the oxidization level.
Some popular tea brands include Starbucks’ (SBUX) Teavana brand, Coca-Cola’s (KO) Fuze and Gold Peak brands, the Snapple brand portfolio owned by Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS), and PepsiCo (PEP) and Unilever’s (UL) Pure Leaf brand.
Unilever makes up ~0.2% of the Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US ETF (VEU).
Browse this series on Market Realist:
Tea Industry
View Comments ()
Share this

我要回帖

更多关于 everyone in 的文章

随机推荐