gift, how, is,love is the gift,...

小题1:D小题2:A小题3:C小题4:D小题5:B试题分析:本文叙述了作者的父亲从来都没有什么特别想要的东西,所以在圣诞节他为送父亲什么礼物而纠结。后来无意中看到的一个手机信息给了他灵感。他用文字配着图片为父亲制作了一个特殊的礼物,父亲非常喜欢。小题1:细节理解题。从文章的第二段第三句和最后一句:在看母亲的信息时,碰巧看到了之前父亲发给自己的信息…,后来是这个信息里的内容给了作者灵感。故选D。小题2:细节理解题。从第二段第五、六句“My eyes fell on a photo of a flower…inspired me”可知作者送礼物的灵感来自在Wyoming所拍摄的一张花的照片。故选A。小题3:词义猜测题。根据上一句可知it 指的是Edgar Allan Poe 写的那首诗,故选C。小题4:细节理解题。从第三段作者制作这件礼物的过程可知作者的礼物是由文字配着图片制成的。故选D。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&小题5:推理题。文章以“What makes a gift special?”开头,整篇讲述的是用心为父亲做了礼物,后来父亲很喜欢。所以文章的主要目的是建议用心做礼物,故选B。考点:
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
I really hadn't meant to yell at them. But that grey afternoon saw it just as my son and daughter were making a terrible mess on the floor in the kitchen.With a tiresome report to write, I felt bothered at my desk. Suddenly, it occurred to me that my kids were at fault. A voice inside me insisted that I do something quickly.“OK, you two here, but what an awful thing you are attempting!” shouting angrily, I made for them, while it became evident that the boy wanted no part of me. “Get away from us!” he shouted back, there being expression of support from his sister.All of a sudden, I found the fault in myself. Quickly I shaped my hands into pincers(螃蟹螯;钳子)and crawled towards them, “Crabby(似螃蟹的)Daddy is here. Ha, Ha, Ha, he likes to yell at children, and then eat them!” My son continued to keep me away, but now he was laughing and crying at the same time. My mission to repair the damage caused by my yelling seemed to work well. Still, I regretted not having controlled myself first in a right way that my children could do after.Need I let them know how badly they were acting by blaming? This is a lesson that serves myself. It only shows just how to get rid of something(ill-feelings, responsibility)by blaming others. It's not my “best self”.We have to search for our “best self” when with our children. They don't need perfect parents, but they do need parents who are always trying to get better. Here, I'm reminded of the words of a great thinker, “When a man lives with God, his voice shall be as sweet as the murmur of the brook…” Then, in our lifetime, couldn't we always speak to our kids in such a sweet voice since most of us consider them as the most precious in the world? And before we reach this level, what should we do when we come across various difficult cases with our children? 小题1:The author couldn't help yelling at his kids this time probably because___________.A.the weather was so unpleasantB.a Daddy has his right to do soC.the kids didn't ask him to join themD.he was tired of his boring work小题2:Which of the following made the author aware of his fault?A.No obvious reason.B.The children’s reaction.C.His self-control.D.The mess made by the children.小题3:According to the passage the author will __________in another similar situation.A.play a crab again like this time B.apologize to kids in a sincere wayC.avoid blaming kids in a hurryD.beat them up about such things小题4:What will the writer go on to write about in the next paragraph(s)? A.How to behave ourselves properly when kids are at fault.B.How to blame our children in a more interesting way.C.How to deal with the terrible mess made by our kids.D.How to persuade children to do what they are told to.
Midas was a powerful king, both rich and greedy. Once he did a great favor for Bacchus, the god of wine. Bacchus offered Midas his choice of a reward. Midas answered at once. He asked that whatever he touched be turned into gold. Bacchus agreed, though he was sorry that Midas had not made a wiser choice.Midas was eager to put his newly gained power to the test. He pulled a branch from a tree. The branch became gold in his hand. H it turned to gold. He touched the grass, it, too, turned to gold.Midas was overjoyed. Returning home, he ordered his servants to prepare a magnificent meal. But when he picked up some bread, it turned to gold. He lifted a glass of wine to his lips. But before he could taste it, it turned to gold.Midas wished to free himself of his power. He hated the gift he had so recently hoped for. He raised his arms and begged and prayed for Bacchus to take away his deadly gift.Bacchus showed pity. “Go,” he said. “to the River &Pactolus. There dip yourself in. Wash away your greed and its punishment. ”Midas did so. Hardly had he touched the waters, before the gold-making powers passed into them. The river sands changed into gold. And they remain golden to this day.小题1:What is the moral of this story?A.There is more to life than riches.B.Gold is more important than food.C.You can’t trust your friends.D.You must make a wiser choice.小题2:When everything he touched turned to gold, Midas felt ______A.happy and joyfulB.sad and disappointedC.excited and angryD.powerful and satisfied小题3:What was Midas’ wish after he could have nothing to eat?A.To have a big meal.B.To gain power to turn things to gold.C.To have his power taken away.D.To wash himself in the water.小题4:Today when we say that a person has the “Midas Touch”, we mean that ______A.the person is very poorB.gold is the most important thing to that personC.everything that the person does makes moneyD.the person has the power to do everything
Among the more colorful characters of Leadville’s golden age were H. A. W. Tabor and his wife, Elizabeth McCourt, better known as “Baby Doe”. Their history is fast becoming one of the legends of the Old West. Horace Austin Warner Tabor was a school teacher in Vermont. Then he moved west to the small Colorado mining camp known as California Gulch, which he later renamed Leadville when he became its leading citizen. “Great deposits of lead are sure to be found here.” he said.As it turned out, it was silver, not lead, that was to make Leadville’s fortune and wealth. Tabor knew little about mining himself, so he opened a general store, which sold everything from boots to salt, flour, and tobacco. It was his custom to “grubstake” prospective miners, in other words, to supply them with food and supplies, or “grub”, while they looked for ore(矿石), in return for which he would get a share in the mine if one was discovered. He did this for a number of years, but no one that he aided ever found anything of value.Finally one day in the year 1878, so the story goes, two miners came in and asked for “grub”. Tabor had decided to quit supplying it because he had lost too much money that way. These were persistent, however, and Tabor was too busy to argue with them. “Oh help yourself. One more time won’t make any difference,” He said and went on selling shoes and hats to other customers. The two miners took $17 worth of supplies, in return for which they gave Tabor a one-third interest in their findings. They picked a barren place on the mountain side and began to dig. After nine days they struck a rich vein of silver. Tabor bought the shares of the other two men, and so the mine belonged to him alone. This mine, known as the “Pittsburgh Mine,” made $1,300,000 for Tabor in return for his $17 investment.Later Tabor bought the Matchless Mine on another barren hillside just outside the town for $117,000. This turned out to be even more fabulous than the Pittsburgh, yielding $35,000 worth of silver per day at one time. Leadville grew. Tabor became its first mayor, and later became lieutenant governor of the state.小题1:Leadville got its name for the following reasons EXCEPT thatA.Tabor became its leading citizen.B.great deposits of lead is expected to be found there.C.it could bring good fortune to TaborD.it was renamed小题2:The underlined word “grubstake” in Paragraph 3 meansA.to supply miners with food and suppliesB.to open a general storesC.to do one's contribution to the development of the mineD.to supply miners with food and supplies and in return get a share in the mine, if one was discovered小题3:We can infer that Tabor’s life career is.A.purely luckyB.based on his managing theory of “grubstake’C.through the help from his wifeD.because he planned well and accomplished targets step by step小题4:Which of the following can be the best title for the passage?A.Tabor’s Life.B.A legend of the Old WestC.Lead Makes Leadville’s FortuneD.The Best Investment
题型:完形填空
One weekend afternoon I toured an art museum while waiting for my husband to finish a business meeting.I was looking forward to a quiet&& 36&&of the splendid artwork. A young& 37&viewing the paintings ahead of me& 38&nonstop between themselves.I watched them a moment and decided the lady was doing all the talking.I admired the man's &&39&&for putting up with her& 40&&stream of words.& 41&&by their noise, I moved on. I met them several times as I moved&& 42&&the various rooms of art.Each time I heard her continuous flow of words, I moved away& 43&&. I was standing at the counter of the museum gift shop making a&& 44&&when the couple approached the&& 45&.Before they left, the man&& 46&&into his pocket and pulled out a white object.He&& 47&&it into a long stick and then&& 48&&his way into the coatroom to get his wife's jacket. "He's a&& 49&&man, " the clerk at the counter said." Most of us would give up if we were blinded at such a young age.During his recovery, he made a promise his life wouldn't change.So, as before, he and his wife come in &&50&&there is a new art show." "But what does he get out of the art?" I asked."He can't see." "Can't see! You're&& 51&.He sees a lot.More than you and I do," the clerk said."His wife &&52&&&&&each painting so he can see it in his head." I learned something about patience, &&53&&and love that day.I saw the patience of a young wife describing paintings to a person without&& 54&&and the courage of a'' husband who would not& 55&&blindness to change his life.And I saw the love shared by two people as I watched this couple walk away, their arms intertwined.小题1:A.view B.touchC.wander D.stare小题2:A.lady  B.couple C.manD.clerk小题3:A.yelledB.arguedC.screamedD.chatted小题4:A.attemptB.independence C.patienceD.wisdom小题5:A.constantB.vividC.casualD.vague小题6:A.AdoptedB.AdaptedC.Disturbed  D.Conducted小题7:A.fromB.toC.towards D.through小题8:A.anxiouslyB.quicklyC.urgentlyD.sensibly小题9:A.commentB.purchaseC.decisionD.profit小题10:A.exitB.entrance C.front   D.queue小题11:A.pluggedB.reachedC.held   D.bent小题12:A.lengthenedB.made C.brought  D.broadened小题13:A.ledB.foundC.tapped  D.forced小题14:A.generousB.roughC.smartD.brave小题15:A.wherever  B.whateverC.wheneverD.whichever小题16:A.uniqueB.silly  C.equalD.wrong小题17:A.decoratesB.drawsC.shovesD.describes小题18:A.kindnessB.prideC.courageD.enthusiasm小题19:A.sightB.supportC.expectationD.confidence小题20:A.getB.allowC.hope D.cause
Ashley and Chris work in the same department designing postcards. Chris had a college degree in art and deeply felt that the degree of his designs was excellent. His last postcard showed the depth of a desert’s beauty and delights.“It’s just a picture of the desert,” Ashley said. “Not deep at all.”“Some people desire seeing beauty,” Chris replied. “Mine delivers that”. Ashley laughed and said, “well, that depends on what you think beauty is.”Days later, someone delivered a letter to Ashley. The letter said, “You are worthy of the bad things that will come your way. You will know the taste of defeat, and I will destroy you.”Ashley suddenly felt very cold. It was as if the room temperature had dropped 30 degrees. “Who would do such a shocking deed?” she wondered. “I will not let a simple letter defeat me.”Just then, Chris came into the room and offered Ashley a piece of his sandwich.“Try some,” he smiled widely. “It’s delicious.”“Are you trying to poison me?” Ashley asked. Chris’s answer was delayed from confusion. “What’s your problem?” he asked. The next day, Ashley brought a bat to use to defend herself. When Chris saw her bat, he joked, “Defend and win one for the team.”Ashley took no notice of him. She spent the whole day reading self-defending books and placed her work on delay. “You can’t delay your work. Our job demands us to do our work on time,” Chris said. “We must meet the demands of our job.”“You‘re not the boss,” Ashley replied. “Don’t make demands of me.”Because Ashley failed to do her work, she was fired.Chris glanced at Ashley’s empty desk and smiled.小题1:What kind of work did Chris and Ashley do?A.Drawing.B.Designing.C.Painting.D.Building.小题2:What did Ashley think of the last postcard designed by Chris?A.ExcellentB.Too badC.It didn’t show the real beauty of the desert.D.He expressed himself in an indirect way.小题3:We may infer from this passage that ___________.A.Chris was not a good designerB.Chris and Ashley were friendly to each otherC.Chris herself must have written the letterD.It may sometimes bring about bad luck to speak out one’s mind
题型:完形填空
A farmer went to town to sell his vegetable. But it was snowing that afternoon, and there_26_ few people in the street. So when his vegetable was sold out, it was dark. _27_ his way home, he saw a man _28_ in the snow. He put his basket _29_ and was going to _30& the man to get up. At that time he found& 31& was a dead man _32_ that there was _33& blood on the ground. He was _34_ frightened that he ran away _35 ,& _36_ his basket away.The next _37_ the farmer was sent to the police station. After showing him the basket, an officer asked, “Is this yours?” “Yes,sir.” the farmer answered_38_.“When did you see the dead man?”“At about seven yesterday evening.”“Did you see who _39 him?” the officer brought out a knife and asked, “Have you seen it yet?” “No, sir.”The officer became angry and told the policeman _40_ him up and _41_ him in prison.That afternoon the officer went on 42_ the farmer._43 the knife, the officer asked him again, “Now, listen to me! Did you see it yet?” “Yes,sir.”“Well,” the officer became 44_ and asked, “but when and where?”“I saw it _45& this morning, sir.”小题1:A.hadB.wasC.would haveD.were小题2:A.OnB.ByC.InD.At小题3:A.lyingB.layC.liedD.laying小题4:A.in the snowB.on his shoulderC.on his backD.on the ground小题5:A.makeB.helpC.letD.hope小题6:A.himB.him justC.itD.himself小题7:A.evenB.soC.andD./小题8:A.a lotB.muchC.quite a fewD.many小题9:A.veryB.muchC.soD.very much小题10:A.in timeB.slowlyC.happilyD.quickly小题11:A.without takingB.not tookC.and tookD.taking小题12:A.afternoonB.morningC.nightD.evening小题13:A.loudlyB.friendlyC.nervouslyD.proudly小题14:A.killedB.askedC.sentD.helped小题15:A.beatingB.beatC.of beatingD.to beat小题16:A.putB.sentC.tookD.send小题17:A.askB.to askC.tryingD.to try小题18:A.PointedB.To point toC.Pointed toD.Pointing to小题19:A.greyB.happyC.angry againD.silly小题20:A.in my basketB.hereC.near my basketD.in the snow
Bum rate is the speed at which a startup business consumes money. My rate would be $ 50,000 a month when my new media company started. So, I began looking around for individuals who would be my first investors. “Angel money” it was called. But when I reviewed my list of acquaintances to find those who might be able to help, I found the number got small.  With no other choices, I began meeting with the venture-capital companies. But I was warned they took a huge share of your company for the money they put in. And if you struggled, they could drop you cold.  As I was searching for “angel money”, I started to build a team who trusted me even though I didn't have money for paychecks yet.  Bill Becker was an expert in computer programming and image processing at a very famous Media Lab at M. I.T. With his arrival, my company suddenly had a major technology “guy” in-house.  Katherine Henderson, a filmmaker and a former real-estate dealer, joined us as our director of market research. Steve White came on as operating officer. He had worked for the developer of a home-finance software, Quicken. We grabbed him.  We had some really good people, but we still didn't have enough money. One night, my neighbor, Louise Johnson, came for a visit. She and I were only nodding acquaintances, but her boys and ours were constant companions. She ran a very good business at the time.  Louise was brilliant and missed nothing. She had been watching my progress closely. She knew I was dying for money and I had prospects but could offer no guarantees of success.  She told me that her attorney had talked to mine and the terms had been agreed upon. She handed me an envelope. Inside was a check for $ 500,000.  I almost fell down. I heard her voice as if from heaven.  “I have confidence in your plan,” she said. “You' 11 do well. You're going to work hard for it, but it' s satisfying when you build your own company.”  Who would have thought I'd find an angel so close to home? There were no words sufficient for the moment. We just said good night. She left and I just stood there, completely humbled and completely committed.小题1:For a newly-established business, bum rate refers to___________.A.the salary it pays to its staff B.the interest it pays to the bankC.the way in which it raises capital D.the speed at which it spends money小题2:By "Angel money", the author refers to__________.A.the money borrowed from banks B.the money spent to promote salesC.the money raised from close friendsD.the money needed to start a business小题3:To get help from a venture-capital company, you may have to__________.put up with unfair terms &&&&&&&& B. change your business lineC. enlarge your business scope&&&&&  D. let them operate your business小题4:The author easily built a team for his company because__________.A.they were underpaid at their previous jobsB.they were turned down by other companiesC.they were confident of the author and his businessD.they were satisfied with the salaries in his company小题5: Louise decided to lend money to the author because__________.A.she wanted to join his companyB.she knew he would build a teamC.she knew his plan would succeedD.she wanted to help promote his sales
A few days ago we – that’s me and the husband – took a cab to the station. Chat with the driver fell to the wrong of cyclists, and the misunderstanding of the road rules. So far as the rules of the road go, there seems to be one basic principle: when you are driving a car you hate bikes, when you are riding a bike you hate cars (and I guess walkers hate everyone).&There is an obvious difference of viewpoint built in here. It wasn’t until I started to drive a car (almost 20years after I had first rode a bike) that I actually realized that you could not see a cyclist at night without lights. In fact I now want to shout at late night cyclists without lights(like motortists once did at me): “You’ll get killed, sunshine, I can’t see you.”The problem is that cyclists do ride headlong into danger. It's not just not having lights. It’s biking on pavements (and so threatening to injure a load of innocent walkers in the process) and biking down one-way streets the wrong way.I admit that I do bike the wrong way down a one-way street sometimes. My feeble(软弱无力) defense is that I try always to do it as if I know I was doing wrong. That is slowly, with an apologetic look on the face, and ready to get off at any minute. I can’t bear the guys(一伙人) (usually, but not always it is guys) who do it as if they owned the place, and at high speed.So cyclists are not entirely innocent. But they are among the disadvantaged groups, because the bottom line is that a car or a lorry can kill a cyclist and not the other way around.小题1:When did the writer realize the danger for late night cyclists without lights?A.Not until she became a driver herself.B.Not until she had driven a car for 20 years.C.After she was shouted at by a motorist.D.After she was once knocked down by a group of guys.小题2:When the writer biked the wrong way down a one way street, she felt_________.A.angryB.guiltyC.innocentD.proud小题3:Which group is most likely to face danger according to the writer?A.walkers B.passers-byC.cyclists D.motorists小题4:What can we learn about the writer?A.She often took a cab with her husband.B.She has been a motorist for over 20 years.C.She used to ride a bike without lights at night.D.She often biked the wrong way down a one way street.

我要回帖

更多关于 love is the gift 的文章

随机推荐