under the weatherr in Aust...

Accessibility links
Advertisement
Image&1&of&2
Snow and ice covering building at Mount Hotham as snow fell in Australia&Photo: AFP/GETTY
Image&1&of&2
Karl Gray and his dog Moby playing in the snow in Mount Hotham&Photo: AFP/GETTY
By Bonnie Malkin, Sydney
Freezing winds from Antarctica, blown up to
by a low-pressure system in the Southern Ocean, gave the country a taste of the conditions that are causing havoc across Europe.
Some 11 inches of snow fell at the ski fields in New South Wales, raising the prospect that parts of the country could experience a white Christmas.
"It's white, everything is white," Michelle Lovius, the general manager of the Kosciuszko Chalet Hotel at Charlotte Pass, said.
"First thing this morning everything was just very still, very peaceful and every single thing was just blanketed in a thick cover of white."
At the ski fields, children in Father Christmas hats, who would usually be sunning themselves on the grassy slopes, made snowballs and rode on sleds.
Miss Lovius said such a large amount of snow was unusual for early December, normally the peak of the wild flower season in the mountainous region.
"We're hoping that it (the cold) stays in for five days and we get a white Christmas," she said.
In one part of the state temperatures dropped as low 39.2F (4C), the coldest December morning in 54 years, according to the Weather Channel.
Further south in the state of Victoria, Mt Hotham had four inches of snow and Mt Buller up to two inches.
"It is a blanket of white, which is beautiful at this time of year.
People are out in their Father Christmas hats taking photos in the snow," Maureen Gearon, Victorian Snow Report spokesman, told the Australian news agency AAP.
The cold blasts even blew into Sydney, where the temperature fell to an unseasonably cold 55F (13C), and dipped to 49.6F (9.8C) in the city's west while winds of up to 62 miles an hour swept along much of the state's coastline.
Extreme weather in other parts of the country caused the worst flooding in 50 years.
In the isolated the town of Carnarvon, 560 miles north of Perth, swiftly rising waters led to widespread damage to crops and cattle stations.
Culture News
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement当前位置:
>>>根据课文内容回答下列问题1. What's the weather like in Aust..
根据课文内容回答下列问题
1. What's the weather like in Australia today!&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&2. Are there many people here on vacation?&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
题型:问答题难度:中档来源:同步题
1. It's a beautiful, sunny day.&&&&2. Yes, there are.
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“根据课文内容回答下列问题1. What's the weather like in Aust..”主要考查你对&&问答题&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
问答题:主要是根据前提问题来做出相应的要求内的答案,题型比较灵活但是考查了学生多方面的知识和技能。要做好这类题,就要注意平时知识的积累,包括单词、词组、句型等。
发现相似题
与“根据课文内容回答下列问题1. What's the weather like in Aust..”考查相似的试题有:
256566288033290492305404311438260146yr.no is a joint service by the
Velg spr?k / Choose language:
Weather forecast forLarvik (Vestfold)
Precipitation last week Daily precipitation in millimeters
Sandefjord
Observed precipitation last 24 hours at 8 am on indicated day.
The meteorologist’s text forecast
?stafjells og fjellet i S?r-Norge: Opp i frisk bris mellom ?st og s?r i fjellet og p? kysten vest for Lindesnes, ellers rolige vindforhold og varmt og pent vaer.
Svenskegrensa - Lyng?r: Nord?stlig bris. For det meste lettskyet pent vaer. God sikt.
?stafjells og fjellet i S?r-Norge: F?rst p? dagen ?stlig opp i liten kuling p? kysten vest for Oks?y, ellers lite vind og mye pent og varmt vaer. Periodevis en del skyet i vestlige og nordlige fjellomr?der, men for det meste oppholdsvaer.
Vestlandet s?r for Stad og Fjellet i S?r-Norge, ?stafjells: Et h?ytrykk gir rolige vindforhold og pent vaer. Sommerlige temperaturer.
Sun and moon, 07/05/2016
Sunrise 05:06
Moonrise 06:05
Sunset 21:27
Moonset 22:11
Webcams close to Larvik
Larvik: Helgeroa harbour (02), LarvikLast updated: at 17:10Distance: 0,0 kmAdded by .
Larvik: Helgeroa harbour (03), LarvikLast updated: at 17:57Distance: 0,0 kmAdded by .
Larvik: Helgeroa harbour (04), LarvikLast updated: at 17:37Distance: 0,0 kmAdded by .
Larvik: Helgeroa harbour (05), LarvikLast updated: at 17:42Distance: 0,0 kmAdded by .
Places nearby
(hospital, 33 m away),
(school, 441 m away),
(health institution, 447 m away),
(municipality, 480 m away),
(bridge, 484 m away),
(hill, 531 m away),
(sporting ground, 553 m away),
(pier, 565 m away),
(pier, 591 m away),
(hill, 607 m away),
(quay, 665 m away),
(forest, 675 m away),
(church, 730 m away),
(sporting ground, 745 m away),
(bridge, 757 m away),
(small peninsula, 764 m away),
(part of a city, 773 m away),
(bridge, 828 m away),
(forest, 851 m away),
(field, 865 m away)
Editor: Ingrid St?ver Jensen
Executive editor Thor Gjermund Eriksen
Meteorological responsible: Anton Eliassen
yr.no is a joint service by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, with data and content from:
Copyright & Norwegian Meteorological Institute and Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation

我要回帖

更多关于 under the weather 的文章

随机推荐