Ththe world is wildd flower is...

WILD FLOWER IDENTIFICATION GUIDE
(ID GUIDE)
The WILDFLOWERFINDER website has reached its Bandwidth Limit (200GB) for this Month. It will resume working at the beginning of the month. Please use SPARINGLY in the summer months, otherwise this will recurr every month in Summer.CHARTS & TRENDS
There was an error trying to load your rating for this title.
Some parts of this page won't work property. Please reload or try later.
I'm Watching This!
Error Please try again!
Added to Your Check-Ins.
Needs 5 Ratings
Wildflower&()
Can't get enough of movies and TV shows that scare up a good fright? Check out , IMDb's Horror Entertainment Guide.
User Lists
Related lists from IMDb users
a list of 9885 titles
created 29&Oct&2013
a list of 9995 titles
created 26&Nov&2013
Connect with IMDb
Powered by ZergNet
Cast overview:
Letty Roberts
Arnold Boyd
Gerald Boyd
The Lawyer
(as E.L. Davenport)
Bud Haskins
Plot Keywords:
&Which of us has the legal right to wear your wedding ring?& (original poster)
Parents Guide:
Release Date: 15 October 1914 (USA)
Also Known As: Dziki kwiat
Production Co:
Show detailed
Sound Mix:
Aspect Ratio: 1.33 : 1
Frequently Asked Questions
User Reviews
What a shame Marguerite Clark's film debut, Wildflower is a lost film. The vivacious petite Clark stars in this light romantic drama. Arnold Boyd ( Harold Lockwood ) is a wealthy man who has gone on a retreat from his stressful life in New York city to relax in the quiet country. He is soon attracted to Letty Roberts ( Marguerite Clark ) a sweet but naive young country girl. They become friends, however Arnold's unscrupulous brother Gerald ( James Cooley ) shows up and charms the innocent Letty. To Arnold's dismay Letty falls for his seductive ways and the couple elopes. Arnold pursues them and drags newly-wed Letty away from the altar. He kidnaps her and prevents all her attempts to get away. He takes Letty to his Fifth Avenue mansion and falsely introduces her as his wife. He convinces her to go along with the ploy but won't reveal why. Finally the truth about Gerald comes out, he is already married, therefore his wedding to Letty was never legal. Letty now comes to respect Arnold's austere exterior and falls in love with him. Adolph Zuker presented the diminutive 31 yr old Broadway star as a Mary Pickford type, even casting brother Jack Pickford in a small role as country boy. Preview ads for the film declared Marguerite Clark as "The Wild Flower of the woods who withers away, then blooms again in this charming story-one that helped make her the popular star she is today." The film was directed by Allan Dwan and produced by Adolph Zukor and Daniel Frohman. Released on October 15, 1914, Marguerite Clark proved to be one of the few stage actresses to go on to super-stardom in silent films. Tragically this her first film is now presumed lost.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.&
Was this review helpful to you?
Message Boards
on the IMDb message boards &
Contribute to This Page
Create a character page for:
Letty Roberts
Arnold Boyd
Gerald Boyd
The Lawyer
Bud Haskins
-----------clay and limestone: Wildflower Wednesday: A few must have fall blooming Asteraceas for the garden
Wildflower Gardening In Middle Tennessee
Home of the Practically Perfect Pink Phlox and other native plants for pollinators
Autumn. They bloom spring and summer here, but, come
September they
take center stage for all the pollinators, birds and mammals that are preparing for winter.
They may even be my favorite flower family....and what a flowering family it is with over 23,000 recognized species world wide. Here in Tennessee
we have 320 to choose
among, many of
which we will only see if we look for them as we walk trails in
wilderness areas or nature preserves.
Many of the Asteraceaes that I love can be found in old fields, prairie remnants and& plants that until recently have been thought of as weeds.
Goldenrod/Solidago flowers
You've probably heard folks refer to these flowering plants as composites. Sunflower family is another name I've seen used. When plants are classified in a family it's because they have a similar genetic makeup and similar characteristics. Most Asteraceas have characteristics that make identifying them easier. For instance, if you look closely at any of the flowers in this post, you will see that what looks like one single flower is actually a composite of many smaller tube shaped florets. They have disk flowers, ray flowers or a combination of disks and rays. They also have bracts rather than sepals and they need wind or animals to disperse their seeds.
Verbesina virginica with numerous disk florets that are surrounded by ray florets
Most of the Asteraceas in my garden are, take care of themselves beauties that fill an important role in a garden ecosystem. Each
one of these
darlings provides more pollen and nectar return on
investment than
other flowers combined.
numerous gold or yellow disk florets, surrounded by 30 or more ray florets
I think of them as
landing pads of deliciousness for butterflies, bees,
wasps and moths.
They're magnets for
some that are
themselves food for spiders, birds and other insect
I love this time of year with the attention grabbing Frostweeds, golden yellow of goldenrod, the
brilliant pink and purple of the ex-asters, and the lilac-blues of
Hardy Blue Mistflower against the Autumn blue
sky. These early fall
blooms with their intense, rich colors are a treat for our senses and necessary for our garden residents and visitors.&
If you asked me what plants I recommend for a pollinator friendly fall garden, I would tell you that you can't go wrong with the four I'm showcasing today.
You don't have to take my word for it~just walk trails in a local
park, visit native plant gardens or check out your local nursery and notice which plants are attracting the most pollinator visitors.
Please enjoy a few more photos of my early fall favorites!
with its unusual white ray flowers is
found on roadsides, woodlands and waste areas. It's a take care of
itself plant that has enormous wildlife value for foraging pollinators (carpenter, honeybees, bumbles and small tongued bees and butterflies)
during late summer when gardens are winding down.& It’s such an
important food source for Monarch Butterflies that it had been selected
as a monitoring plant by Monarch Watch. Frostweed grows in full sun, partial shade, or full shade with minimal watering or care.& Like most rough and tumble wildflowers, it can take care of itself.& Keep in mind that it reproduces very well from seed! The earliest I've seen the flowers open is late August in my Middle South garden and the best bloom is mid-September. Once in bloom you can expect them to be visited by an array of pollinators. The foliage is a larval host for the Summer Azure, Bordered Patch, and Silvery Checkerspot butterflies.
It really has a& lot going for it
rough and tumble good looks,&
it's a pollinator magnet
drought tolerant&
native species&
it magically makes ice flowers on cold and frosty mornings
Okay, it's not magic it's capillary action, but, I think that's magical.
It's a pretty spiffy wildflower.
Symphyotrichum novae-angliae/ex-aster
Here's another roadside weed that has hundreds of beautiful cultivars. It's a classic daisy flower that blooms in mid-September in my garden and looks spectacular with the Goldenrods. At one time this planting had a cultivar name, but the seedlings have taken over. Symphyotrichum novae-angliae are the first of the ex-asters to
bloom. They're tall and gently sway in the slightest breeze. I didn't edit any out this past spring and
they've spread to make a lovely show in pinks and purples.
Bumblebees, small bees, carpenterbees, butterflies, skippers and beneficial insects flock to these flowers.& Full sun and moist soil is preferred. I cut this plant back in June, but it still gets tall. Very easily grown from seed, this beauty has seeded itself all over my garden. But, you know, I love that!
Many gardeners under appreciate the charms of Hardy Ageratum. They
consider it too weedy and aggressive for their gardens, until it blooms
and then they begin wondering why the
heck they haven't
of it! I no longer wonder why I haven't more, I've let it spread 4 feet
down the side of the Susan's bed and I am thrilled with the river of
Conoclinium coelestinum is a graceful, low growing, eastern North
American native wildflower that begins blooming in late August and continues through early fall. The lilac-blue flowers add a
softness to late summer and fall gardens when
like the Susans, Goldenrods, Cup Plant, ,
Joe-Pye weeds and Ironweeds are making a large and loud scene. It's
especially beautiful when allowed to naturalize and make its own big
statement.
Butterflies and bees are drawn to the nectar-rich flowers, while birds
eat the seeds. If you want more, and once you see it massed you will,
it's easily propagated from seeds, cuttings, rootball divisions or
layering. It thrives best in a well-drained acidic to neutral soils in a
sunny environment. If you want easy care this is a great wildflower,
but, it does naturalize easily, spreading by rhizome and seed (and is pulled out just as easily).&
Goldenrod/Solidago sps.
Goldenrods provide a big flower show each year and every bee, skipper, butterfly, soldier beetle, ambush bug, fly, spider, flower fly, etc... that visits or lives in this garden can be found noshing on it. You can't ask for a better wildlife valuable plant and when you combine them with the ex-asters, you get beauty and happy pollinators.
Goldenrods are the king of the colonizing wildflowers, some more than
others! Don't let that stop you from adding them to your sunny garden. There are 100s of Solidago species in North America and you can be sure
you will find several that make sense for your garden. I grow Solidago 'Fireworks' in the Susans Bed and Zigzag goldenrod/Solidago flexicaulis in one of the woodland gardens.& Neither are colonizers.& The rest are species and aggressive colonizers that I cull every spring and fall.
Give me this time of
year with the intense colors of the wildflowers and the frenetic activity of pollinators, birds and other critters. These early fall
blooms are a treat for the senses. But, my friends, it's only the beginning of the full fall show in a Middle South garden and I'll be sharing more Asteraceas and their critter visitors with you in the coming weeks.
Please remember, if you want to
you must plant landing pads of deliciousness like , Verbesinas, Hardy Bluemist flower, the ex-asters, and other wildflowers and you must never, ever, ever, ever, use pesticides in your garden. I do mean never!
Happy Wildflower Wednesday.
Thank you for stopping by and welcome to Clay and Limestone's
celebration. WW is about sharing and celebrating wildflowers from all
over this great big, beautiful world. Join us on the fourth Wednesday
each month. Remember, it doesn't matter if your wildflowe
and, it doesn't matter if we all share the same plants. It's all about
celebrating wildflowers. Please leave a comment when you add your url
is a gardener and therapist in Middle Tennessee.
She loves wildflowers and native plants and thoroughly enjoys writing about the ones she grows at
She reminds all that the words and images are the property of the author and cannot be used without written permission.
Subscribe to:
LinkWithin
LinkWithin
Imperfection is the new perfect!
Embrace pests and give up using pesticides!
Capital Region Garden Blogger's Fling June 22-25, 2017
I'll be there.
WILDFLOWER WEDNESDAY CELEBRATING WILDFLOWERS ALL OVER THE BLOGOSPHERE
Please join in a Celebration of ALL Wildflowers on the Fourth Wednesday of Each Month: 8/24; 9/28; 10/26; 11/23
MY Zone 7-ish Mostly Native Garden, I'm Glad You Stopped By!
I've been gardening here for 30 years. Plants have to be rugged to survive our wet winters and dry summers~that's why I plant Middle Tennessee and Cedar Glade natives that will grow and thrive in clay and limestone.
You can email me at
with your wildflower gardening questions.
PLANT MORE NATIVES MAKE EVERY YEAR THE YEAR OF THE NATIVE
DO IT FOR THE POLLINATORS
Garden Agreements
I promise to honor my garden; to not fall prey to comparisons and the dissat to not for a minute think a gorgeous flowering face is enough to base a gardening relationship upon and to never, ever disparage the garden to another gardener...
Middle Tennessee Planting Guide
Click Photo For Link To PDF File
My journey to becoming
a wildflower gardener
Once upon a time, the sloped land that would become my wildflower garden was a rocky forest of native trees, shrubs, perennials and ephemerals. Sixty years ago the developer’s bulldozers cut streets through the oak-hickory-red cedar woodland. They built brick houses that had deep backyards and shallow front yards. They left a few trees and took out the understory. They planted grass so that boys and girls could play baseball, kickball and reach for the sky on their backyard swings. ...
NO CONTENT SCRAPING
Toronto Fling June 5-7, 2015
I was there!
Follow by Email
Facebook Badge
Congrats on getting your doctorate.
Way to go Dr. H!
We are so proud and love you infinity.
Coal~We miss youxxoo
Quite Possibly The Worlds Most Wonderful Cat.
What An Honor!
Subscribe Now: standard
Gardening and Blogging Are The Cupcakes
Your Visits and Comments Are the Delicious
My Mom, Bernice
The Faux Gardener!
Incomplete List of Blogs I Visit
Take A Peak
Subscribe Now: google
Helpful sites

我要回帖

更多关于 the world is wild 的文章