Mary always ( )cakes from thean old friend fromman

Mary didn’t understand such sentences as “She is blue today”, “You are yellow”, “He has a green thumb”, “He has told a white lie” and so on. And she went to the teacher Mrs. James for help. Mary:
Mrs. James, there is a colour in each of the sentences. What do they mean?Mrs. James: In everyday English, Mary, blue sometimes means sad, yellow afraid. A person with a green thumb grows plants well and a white lie is not a bad one.”Mary:
I’m afraid I don’t understand them all. Would you give me an example for “a white lie”?Mrs. James: Certainly. Now I just give you some cakes. In fact you don’t like it, but you don’t want to let me know it. Instead you say, “No, thanks. I’m not hungry.” That’s a white lie.Mary:
It sounds very interesting. Thanks very much. Mrs. James: You are welcome. Colours are meaningful. I think you will meet more sentences like these in the future. Please come to me if you have any questions. 小题1:Blue sometimes means sad in _______________ English. A.goodB.spokenC.usualD.poor小题2:I don’t have a green thumb, so all my plants ________________. A.die offB.grow wellC.look niceD.are good小题3:David is yellow and he is ___________ to climb the tall tree!A.happyB.cleverC.braveD.afraid小题4:He didn’t like me to know ___________ of the accident. He told me a white lie at last. A.the reasonB.the true storyC.the meaningD.the answer小题5:He is ______________today. He is told that his father is seriously ill. A.blueB.yellowC.greenD.white - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:Mary didn’t understand such sentences as “She is blue today”, “You are yellow”, “He has a green thumb”, “He has told a white lie” and so on. And she went to the teacher Mrs. James for help. Mary:
Mrs. James, there is a colour in each of the sentences. What do they mean?Mrs. James: In everyday English, Mary, blue sometimes means sad, yellow afraid. A person with a green thumb grows plants well and a white lie is not a bad one.”Mary:
I’m afraid I don’t understand them all. Would you give me an example for “a white lie”?Mrs. James: Certainly. Now I just give you some cakes. In fact you don’t like it, but you don’t want to let me know it. Instead you say, “No, thanks. I’m not hungry.” That’s a white lie.Mary:
It sounds very interesting. Thanks very much. Mrs. James: You are welcome. Colours are meaningful. I think you will meet more sentences like these in the future. Please come to me if you have any questions. 小题1:Blue sometimes means sad in _______________ English. A.goodB.spokenC.usualD.poor小题2:I don’t have a green thumb, so all my plants ________________. A.die offB.grow wellC.look niceD.are good小题3:David is yellow and he is ___________ to climb the tall tree!A.happyB.cleverC.braveD.afraid小题4:He didn’t like me to know ___________ of the accident. He told me a white lie at last. A.the reasonB.the true storyC.the meaningD.the answer小题5:He is ______________today. He is told that his father is seriously ill. A.blueB.yellowC.greenD.whiteMary didn’t understand such sentences as “She is blue today”, “You are yellow”, “He has a green thumb”, “He has told a white lie” and so on. And she went to the teacher Mrs. James for help. Mary:
It sounds very interesting. Thanks very much. Mrs. James: You are welcome. Colours are meaningful. I think you will meet more sentences like these in the future. Please come to me if you have any questions. 小题1:Blue sometimes means sad in _______________ English. A.goodB.spokenC.usualD.poor小题2:I don’t have a green thumb, so all my plants ________________. A.die offB.grow wellC.look niceD.are good小题3:David is yellow and he is ___________ to climb the tall tree!A.happyB.cleverC.braveD.afraid小题4:He didn’t like me to know ___________ of the accident. He told me a white lie at last. A.the reasonB.the true storyC.the meaningD.the answer小题5:He is ______________today. He is told that his father is seriously ill. A.blueB.yellowC.greenD.white科目:最佳答案小题1:B小题2:A小题3:D小题4:B小题5:A解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心Homemade (From-Scratch) Rum Cake Recipe
new to BEB?
Homemade Rum Cake
April 18, 2012 &//&
Rum cake. A dessert that is nostalgic and old-school, and one for which just about everyone has a family recipe. Rum cake was one of a small rotation of desserts that showed up at my grandma’s house on Sunday afternoons. You could usually count on one of the following: rum cake, ,
with strawberries and whipped cream, or . There were some weeks that we made due with Klondike bars from the freezer, but for the most part we got to indulge in one of those four desserts. My great aunt made a killer rum cake that I could appreciate even as a kid. It’s been quite some time since we all sat down to weekly Sunday dinners, and recently I’ve been craving a nice big slice of rum cake. I remember it being so thick and moist, and of course, packed with rum. The problem I ran into is that my aunt always used a box cake mix, and all of the recipes I found online were the same. I wanted a truly homemade rum cake, and thankfully, I finally found a recipe that I tweaked to rum-soaked perfection.
Remember yesterday when I shared with you the , and I promised a fantastic cake for which to use it? Here she is! In all of her buttery, melt-in-your-mouth, glory. I’ll be honest. I really enjoy making as much as possible from scratch. But I still haven’t found a recipe for yellow cake that lives up to the product that comes out of those boxes. They are so thick, creamy, and moist. Thanks to chemicals, I’m sure. But, still. Such a wonderful consistency that I haven’t been able to replicate. Until now. The cake itself is out of this world – so incredibly moist and rich. The exact outcome that I was hoping to achieve! And then of course rum is thrown into the mix, which can only make it infinitely better, right?!
The key to the cake is twofold. First, make sure that you aren’t shy when it comes to poking holes all over the cake when it’s time for the rum syrup. The more holes the better, as the rum syrup will have more places to hide in the cake, which means that it will soak into the cake more evenly, and won’t pool on the bottom of the serving plate. Secondly, when you drizzle the rum syrup over the top of the cake, you want to go verrrrry slowly so it has a chance to seep into all of those wonderful holes. In this instance, you want to be the tortoise, and not the hare.
As you’d imagine, this gets better the longer you let it sit and soak. Definitely make sure you let it come to room temperature, but you could absolutely make this a day ahead of time. Then behold all of the 100% homemade, no box mix, rum-soaked cake goodness!
One year ago:
Did you make this recipe?
Homemade Rum Cake Recipe
Ingredients:
For the Cake:
1 cup chopped walnuts
cups all-purpose flour
cup cornstarch
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons +
cup canola oil, divided
(or one 3.4-ounce package of instant vanilla pudding)
cup whole milk
cup dark rum
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Rum Syrup:
cup unsalted butter
cups granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
cup dark rum
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard Bundt pan (12-cup capacity). Sprinkle the chopped walnu set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, set aside.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture and the 3 tablespoons of canola oil, and mix on medium-low speed for a minute or two – the mixture should look like wet sand. Add the pudding mix and mix again on medium-low speed until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, rum, remaining
cup canola oil, and vanilla extract. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until thoroughly combined, about 2 to 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. (The batter will be quite thin – this is good! It will be nice and moist!)
Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
When the cake has about 10 minutes left to bake, start the rum syrup. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Once it is melted, add the sugar and the water. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and stir in the rum. Once it is mixed in, return it to medium heat for about 30 seconds.
When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately pour about one-third of the rum syrup over the bottom of the cake. Pour slowly so it has time to seep into the cake. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Invert the cake onto a serving platter. Using a fork or a skewer, poke holes all over the cake – the top, sides, and around the inside. Don’t be shy – all of the holes ensure that the rum syrup seeps into the cake evenly. Sloooooowly pour the remaining rum syrup over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. You want to do this step very slowly (it took me almost 15 minutes) so that the syrup actually seeps into the cake and doesn’t just pool on the bottom of the serving dish.
Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before serving. Leftovers can be kept, tightly wrapped, at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe?
below, then snap a picture and tag
on Instagram so I can see it!
(Recipe adapted from )
All images and text (C)Brown Eyed Baker, LLC.
Shares 16.4K
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Subscribe to receive new posts via email:
You May Also Like:
Rate this recipe:
Stay Connected
Subscribe to receive updates via email:
Or subscribe via the RSS reader of your choice:
My Latest Videos
Trending Right Now
The Best RECIPES of 2016
Most Popular All-Time